PDA

View Full Version : Celtics, wilcox agree

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Celtics resign Chris Wilcox for the vet min, they are looking like a scary squad going into next year. Per espnboston.com

Thoughts?

StarvingKnick22
07-13-2012, 05:41 PM
why does he need his own thread? i havent seen any Net&Knicks threads so you guys cant say that joke

rocket
07-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Holy ****ing **** what incredible news.

Lakers + Giants
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
I aways confuse him and Mikki Moore

StarvingKnick22
07-13-2012, 05:47 PM
2013,14,16 Champs. Just because of this. best move since signing the White Mamba.

akesh99
07-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Good depth move.. hopefully he can stay healthy

TheNumber37
07-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Isn't he coming off of heart surgery.

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
It is a good move he gelled with Rondo last year. And the Celtics are looking good for next year. I figured why not make the thread there is not many threads lately in the NBA forum about the Celtics, so i figured I'd get a league wide fan's opinion. And they are planning on s&t for terry instead of outright signing him, which leaves us our MLE exception still. With that there are serious talks of the Celtics acquiring either mayo or lee. This is a good looking team,

Rondo, Terry,
Bradley, Mayo or Lee
Pierce, Green
Bass, Sullinger
Garnett, Wilcox

Riding the Pine;
Moore
Pietrus
Joesph
Johnson
Melo

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Celtics resign Chris Wilcox for the vet min, they are looking like a scary squad going into next year. Per espnboston.com

Thoughts?

According to a Celtics fan......:rolleyes:

Heat and Nets are definitely ahead of Boston and possibly the Knicks and Bulls if Rose gets healthy and back to form. Chris Wilcox is a scrub and has been for most of his career.

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Atleast it's a thread about an actual move, and not about where will Howard go, where will Iggy go, there's like a million of those bogus threads. This will probably lead to a discussion about the Celtics, which is what I intended. (or closed idc)

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 06:03 PM

Heat and Nets are definitely ahead of Boston and possibly the Knicks and Bulls if Rose gets healthy and back to form. Chris Wilcox is a scrub and has been for most of his career.

The Nets and Knicks are not ahead of the Celtics. Especially the Nets.

avengedchaos5
07-13-2012, 06:09 PM
love it!!!!! id like lee better than mayo unless of course mayo takes that stick out of his butt.

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah Lee would be a great pickup, and what other team has a bench as good as terry, lee or mayo if signed, green, sully, and wilcox or steams if signed.

Kucka
07-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Atleast it's a thread about an actual move

Well said sir. A little too many speculation threads out there for my taste.

Good move for the Celtics, gives them depth and a player who seemed to mesh well with Rondo last year.

BKdoubleStacker
07-13-2012, 06:24 PM
championship

Aust
07-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Scary? :shrug:

I'd like to see them make a deep playoff run though

BoSox47
07-13-2012, 06:47 PM

I wouldnt even say they were with dwight howard if he goes, deron williams is on a shot .407 last season and .336 from 3. I know he will be getting better shots this year due to defenses having to pay more attention to JJ and d12 but, even then JJ is a spot up iso player for the most part and is rather weak going to the rim and as of right now dwight is not on the nets.

Lets not forget the fact that Deron has had major health issues, only playing in 49% of his teams games the past 3 seasons and his body is starting to show it.

Plus the nets bench is terrible

Heat>celtics.... bottom line heat are in the championship regardless who comes into their path.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-13-2012, 07:10 PM
It's like the Lakers bring back Devin Ebanks. NOt really groundbreaking news, doesn't really make the team all that better or worse. :shrug:

69centers
07-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Nets are definitely ahead of Boston

:laugh:

thekmp211
07-13-2012, 07:54 PM
It's like the Lakers bring back Devin Ebanks. NOt really groundbreaking news, doesn't really make the team all that better or worse. :shrug:

its not big news but he is big and athletic and provides depth at the 4 and 5, something boston needs.

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Are you people legit ********? The celtics were 8 min away from advancing to the finals, and beating the eventual champs. Now they add terry, wilcox, green, sully, melo, bradley, and probably lee or mayo. How in hell are the Nets better, and they will make a deep playoff run trust me. Just look what they did this year with all the injuries they had. They only had like one big coming off the bench, steams, i just consider hollins a waste of space.

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 08:21 PM
and theres a thread on Kwame brown, wilcox is better than kwame brown. You people obviously don't watch the celtics if you don't think he is a decent player.

Kucka
07-13-2012, 08:30 PM
The man is coming back from heart surgery. If it's not the impact he will have on the team it's the fact that he is back and healthy that deserves a thread. Props to Wilcox for coming back from that.

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 08:32 PM
The man is coming back from heart surgery. If it's not the impact he will have on the team it's the fact that he is back and healthy that deserves a thread. Props to Wilcox for coming back from that.

True that, and while were on the subject kudos for Jeff Green for the same feat. Two guy on the same team coming back from heart surgery, both on the celtics again, that's crazy. But it was expected.

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Are you people legit ********? The celtics were 8 min away from advancing to the finals, and beating the eventual champs. Now they add terry, wilcox, green, sully, melo, bradley, and probably lee or mayo. How in hell are the Nets better, and they will make a deep playoff run trust me. Just look what they did this year with all the injuries they had. They only had like one big coming off the bench, steams, i just consider hollins a waste of space.

With what $? Neither of those 2 are taking the minimum.

xk4
07-14-2012, 12:09 PM
With what $? Neither of those 2 are taking the minimum.

The team is exploring a s/t for Terry so the MLE would still be available. Mayo will be offered much more, but Lee is a realistic target and has shown interest.

asap_simba
07-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Nice move. Next move is courtney lee.