PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets - Trying to Make Money or Win a Championship?

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I recently had a realization. The Houston Rockets made tons of money when they had a Chinese Superstar Center. Let's be honest, they were never really a Championship team even when Yao and TMac were healthy. But, they made a lot of money. I am guessing that profits have been pretty poor comparatively after Yao went down. If you were wanting to make a lot of money again, wouldn't you follow the same template? I would.

So they did the next best thing, tried to get the most popular chinese player in the world, and tried to get the best center the league. They would have overpayed for the skills of JLin (but probably not his revenue value), and they are giving away the farm just to get D12. So the question is...

Are they trying to build a championship team?
OR
Are they trying to build a highly profitable team based on their passed experience?

Obviously they would like to do both, but I think with all these stacked teams in the NBA, the Rockets are more leaning towards just trying to make a bunch of $$$.

Cfrey
07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
not sure which when they are trying to do and it doesn't matter cause they won't do either lol

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
ask dwight howard

rhino17
07-12-2012, 07:05 PM
The Yao tmac teams were never contenders?

Aaron Brooks
Tracy McGrady
Ron Artest
Luis Scola
Yao Ming

THAT TEAM would have made the finals that year if not for injuries. They still almost made it without tmac and yao

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:05 PM
If they trade for Dwight, they better hope they get CP3 from the Clips the very next year. Unlikely though. Don't see CP3 not taking a max deal from the Clips.

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

Key word is "chance". The free agent pg's for next year are awful outside of CP3. Again, I don't know why so many people believe CP3 is just going to walk away from the Clips.

Cfrey
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Key word is "chance". The free agent pg's for next year are awful outside of CP3. Again, I don't know why so many people believe CP3 is just going to walk away from the Clips.

He will walk when he's sees he can't win with Blake Griffin (aka mr. overrated)

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 07:14 PM
The Yao tmac teams were never contenders?

Aaron Brooks
Tracy McGrady
Ron Artest
Luis Scola
Yao Ming

THAT TEAM would have made the finals that year if not for injuries. They still almost made it without tmac and yao

True that was a good team, I am just creating food for thought. I don't actually think the Rockets are the Clippers pre2011. I am sure they want to win. I just think it is funny that after losing Yao the first big offseason things they do is go after the first available Chinese star and also the best center.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:15 PM
He will walk when he's sees he can't win with Blake Griffin (aka mr. overrated)

Problem is, he can also walk to ATL with Josh Smith and Dwight Howard

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
being from Houston Id say make money because nobody really goes to any games anymore

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
They want to win a championship. Like I have been saying they would still have D-Mo, Jeremy Lamb, Chandler Parsons, and probably Royce white as well.

They have 5 1st round picks and 6 2nd rd picks over the course of the next 2 years. Asumming they have to trade 5 (2- 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders) they STILL have 3 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders in the next 2 years.

Even with Howard and Paul they would still have both mid-level exceptions, 3 trade exceptions, and be under the cap slightly.

Either way this goes the Rockets are freakin' set up!!!

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM

He's not. He get's an extra year/$20mil+ to resign next year as opposed to taking an extension now. I already heard that an ESPN reporter talked to CP3 who explained that is why he won't sign an extension right now. The next question was something like, "Have the Clippers done/not done anything that would cause you to not want to remain with the team?"

CP3 "No"

It was the female espnla.com reporter from Stanford or something like that. I forget her name, but she's credible.

Cfrey
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Problem is, he can also walk to ATL with Josh Smith and Dwight Howard

Never said where he would walk.. Just said he would walk lol

MiamiBoy77
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Chris Paul
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Jones
Marcus Morris/Royce White
Dwight Howard

That team would be sick

Verbal Christ
07-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I remember when PSD had logical, objective posters who actually contributed good takes and ideas to the forum. Now we have a bunch of subjective post padders who speak out of their clenched butt cheeks dropping gems like "yao and tmac were never champion contenders.

Even more depressing is to have a guy who doesn't follow the team talk like he's Jonathan feigan. GMAFB.

I wish I could have the last 2 minutes of my life back and I too now support a mandatory minimum number of posts before noobs can create new threads. This horseshit is getting ridiculous.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 07:21 PM
being from Houston Id say make money because nobody really goes to any games anymore

Lol, the native says it like it is. On another note...are you a MAvericks fan from Houston? My friend is from Houston, he hates Dallas and all their sports teams. He did however say that he didnt mind San Antonio.

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Chris Paul
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Jones
Dwight Howard

That team would be sick

Morris is Definitely gone so is Terrence Jones.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Never said where he would walk.. Just said he would walk lol

Haha, but he's still walking away from a lot of money in a big market city

Cfrey
07-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Haha, but he's still walking away from a lot of money in a big market city

I wouldn't be surprised if he signs for the long haul but he can make money anywhere so I don't think its a huge deal to him.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I remember when PSD had logical, objective posters who actually contributed good takes and ideas to the forum. Now we have a bunch of subjective post padders who speak out of their clenched butt cheeks dropping gems like "yao and tmac were never champion contenders.

Even more depressing is to have a guy who doesn't follow the team talk like he's Jonathan feigan. GMAFB.

I wish I could have the last 2 minutes of my life back and I too now support a mandatory minimum number of posts before noobs can create new threads. This horseshit is getting ridiculous.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really like this guy. He forces himself to read posts that he doesnt want to read and then complains that he lost minutes from his life. Haha...man I CHOSE to drive to a taco place for lunch today and the line was 20 minutes long, and the tacos werent very good. OMG I wish I could have back those 20 minutes, there should be a mandatory number of tacos you can make before noobs can just open taco stands.

Cfrey
07-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really like this guy. He forces himself to read posts that he doesnt want to read and then complains that he lost minutes from his life. Haha...man I CHOSE to drive to a taco place for lunch today and the line was 20 minutes long, and the tacos werent very good. OMG I wish I could have back those 20 minutes, there should be a mandatory number of tacos you can make before noobs can just open taco stands.

BOOM ROASTED :clap:

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Lol, the native says it like it is. On another note...are you a MAvericks fan from Houston? My friend is from Houston, he hates Dallas and all their sports teams. He did however say that he didnt mind San Antonio.

yup I am since the dirk, nash, finley, lafrentz days, and your right its hardly any dallas fans down here but I always get to talk ******* cuz we always end up better than houston lol but even if the rockets get D12 i think he would end up leaving once the season is over no matter if they can offer him the most or not NOBODY wants to play for the rockets

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Hope he stays if he gets dealt there. Just wonder what type of circus is going to follow. Have a feeling his back injury will mysteriously linger. He doesn't seem like a patient guy lol, but he'd have to give it a year.

McHale + Hakeem would do wonders for his post game though

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Chris Paul
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Jones
Dwight Howard

That team would be sick

Yes it would.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Alex Kennedy: Houston's top priority is to land Dwight Howard. However, acquiring Andrew Bynum in three-team deal with Orlando and L.A. is a back-up plan. about 14 minutes ago
Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20SGPzzoG

torocan
07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
It takes time to build a legit contender unless you have already have those players lined up (like Bosh/Wade/Lebron).

During that time, it makes sense to ALSO try to make money.

And Lin wasn't a pure marketing offer. He's not fully proven, but he is also a decent PG that also has upside potential. How much potential that will be, nobody actually knows.

However, if you have the opportunity to acquire a player that can make you a boatload of money, AND has upside potential to become a good to very good player, then it's a No Brainer.

It's why the Knicks said they will match up to $1B. A decent PG with upside to become very good, that just happens to cover his own salary off the court is pretty much a wet dream for most teams.

The Knicks are lucky that Lin really wants to stay in New York... the rumor flying around from some ESPN reports is that Lin made a point of NOT speaking to any teams OTHER than Morey... who just happened to put together a very Knicks favorable offer that was 100% guaranteed to be matched.

There has been some conjecture on ESPN Radio (don't remember if it was Begley or O'Connor) from some of the analysts that the Morey offer was a fake offer or a quid pro quo favor. IE, do the offer so Lin gets a decent payday, and in return they cut Morey some extra gravy on the Camby S&T so they would have more ammo for a shot at signing Dwight.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Is that a retweet from like 5 days ago? LOL.

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20SGPzzoG

Alex Kennedy doesn't know anything usually.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Alex Kennedy doesn't know anything usually.

Outside of Woj, really nobody does. And Woj has been missing lately more than usual

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
yup I am since the dirk, nash, finley, lafrentz days, and your right its hardly any dallas fans down here but I always get to talk ******* cuz we always end up better than houston lol but even if the rockets get D12 i think he would end up leaving once the season is over no matter if they can offer him the most or not NOBODY wants to play for the rockets

Moses, Sampson, Dream. Let's make this happen to add Dwight to it.

Older folks claim not to long ago they had buy 10 tacos and get a Mavs ticket for free promotions. Dirk has changed the Dallas culture for a good decade or so. Let's not get too cocky because once he retires there's no way to know if they'll be able to be relevant like the team down south has done every decade.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Is that a retweet from like 5 days ago? LOL.

It's dated around 25 mins ago

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
It takes time to build a legit contender unless you have already have those players lined up (like Bosh/Wade/Lebron).

During that time, it makes sense to ALSO try to make money.

And Lin wasn't a pure marketing offer. He's not fully proven, but he is also a decent PG that also has upside potential. How much potential that will be, nobody actually knows.

However, if you have the opportunity to acquire a player that can make you a boatload of money, AND has upside potential to become a good to very good player, then it's a No Brainer.

It's why the Knicks said they will match up to $1B. A decent PG with upside to become very good, that just happens to cover his own salary off the court is pretty much a wet dream for most teams.

The Knicks are lucky that Lin really wants to stay in New York... the rumor flying around from some ESPN reports is that Lin made a point of NOT speaking to any teams OTHER than Morey... who just happened to put together a very Knicks favorable offer that was 100% guaranteed to be matched.

There has been some conjecture on ESPN Radio (don't remember if it was Begley or O'Connor) from some of the analysts that the Morey offer was a fake offer or a quid pro quo favor. IE, do the offer so Lin gets a decent payday, and in return they cut Morey some extra gravy on the Camby S&T so they would have more ammo for a shot at signing Dwight.

I was going to ask why no other teams had made an offer to JLin, but you answered that. I don't understand why the Knicks would want Houston to up the bid...It sounds like you are saying "Hey up the bid on that ebay auction by $30 so I can sell you something back for $10." Makes no sense to me, but I didnt hear the radio conversation, and I am not the brightest guy :D.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Wait a minute. Did Asik sign his offer sheet? Can Houston rescind it?

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Older folks claim not to long ago they had buy 10 tacos and get a Mavs ticket for free promotions. Dirk has changed the Dallas culture for a good decade or so. Let's not get too cocky because once he retires there's no way to know if they'll be able to be relevant like the team down south has done every decade.

Moses, Sampson, Dream? lmao lets be serious the ONLY reason the rockets have the two they have now is because MJ decided he wanted to take a break and play baseball so lets get that straight, 2nd off Im not concerned with what happen 20 yrs ago Im talkin current! check my sig since mark cuban has purchased the mavericks they have been a top tier team, yes dirk is on his way out but dirk didnt reach his prime till about 6-7 yrs ago so its not like he's been carrying them on his back his whole career, he did have nash & co! cuban has money im pretty sure he will figure something out once Dirk retires

rockbottom2010
07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
They want to win a championship. Like I have been saying they would still have D-Mo, Jeremy Lamb, Chandler Parsons, and probably Royce white as well.

They have 5 1st round picks and 6 2nd rd picks over the course of the next 2 years. Asumming they have to trade 5 (2- 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders) they STILL have 3 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders in the next 2 years.

Even with Howard and Paul they would still have both mid-level exceptions, 3 trade exceptions, and be under the cap slightly.

Either way this goes the Rockets are freakin' set up!!!

terrence jones is gonna be a beast...watch

torocan
07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I was going to ask why no other teams had made an offer to JLin, but you answered that. I don't understand why the Knicks would want Houston to up the bid...It sounds like you are saying "Hey up the bid on that ebay auction by $30 so I can sell you something back for $10." Makes no sense to me, but I didnt hear the radio conversation, and I am not the brightest guy :D.

Look at it this way.

You're Lin, you want to stay with the Knicks, but you also know that because of Cap restrictions they can't offer more than $25M/4 years.

You believe you're worth more and so do the Knicks, so instead of extending the 4 year/$25M offer, they give Lin a QO (minimum vet offer) allowing him to talk to other teams. Because he's a RFA, they know they can match, which gives them the opportunity to pay Lin MORE than their cap restrictions allow.

The first team that reaches out to Lin is Morey, who is rumored to put together a 4 year/$30-31M offer that had a 4th year player option, but Lin doesn't sign it because at heart he still wants to play for the Knicks (this is further improved when the Knicks sign J. Kidd, who just happens to be Lin's childhood idol... there were reports that Lin LOVED the idea of playing with Kidd).

Then Grunwald and Morey sit down and hammer out the terms of Lin's contract all day (was actually reported). Why would Grunwald and Morey be discussing the actual terms of the deal all day?

Most likely because Grunwald has made clear that they intend to match, that Lin wants to stay, and Lin had sat down with the Knicks to negotiate a set of terms that both felt was fair (it was reported that Lin, his Agent and the Knicks were negotiating contract terms that day, and were sticking over the 4th year team vs player option).

Then magically, the actual contract is reported as 4 year/$28M, with a 4th year Team Option (5/5/9.3/9.3), an offer SO low that it was 100% guaranteed that the Knicks would match (there were reports that the Knicks would match anything up to 8 figures, or $10M+ in year 3/4 might make them balk).

IF Morey was really trying to snag Lin at that point, WHY would his revised offer be SO low that the Knicks would 100% match? WHY would he spend a whole day hammering out terms with the Knicks?

I believe it's because Lin wanted to be a Knick. He COULD have gone to other teams, but there was a real risk that another team offer would be so high that the Knicks might balk and then Lin ends up on the Raptors (which were reported to have Lin as their #2 option, then suddenly went after Kyle Lowry).

So instead of pushing for the Max, he goes with the sure bet... IE, an offer that gives him a decent raise, but won't break the Knicks and maybe even have a somewhat reduced backlash.

And in return, Morey gets overpaid for the Camby S&T. Favor for a favor.

Of course, that's just my interpretation based upon the numerous reports, articles and tweets. Who knows if it went down that way?

On the other hand, reports/tweets/news articles are all we have to go on during FA since we don't get to sit in the room...

nacdaddy
07-12-2012, 08:10 PM

you sir are a goddam disgrace.

they also claimed to have bought 9 tacos on one order and one taco on a separate order in a single visit, just to avoid that free "promotion"

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Morris is Definitely gone so is Terrence Jones.

I like Parsons at SF better than Jones, and Montejunas at PF better than Morris, so they can go haha but really I love parsons game. He is our starting SF unless we get a star there....not going to happen

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 08:18 PM

they also claimed to have bought 9 tacos on one order and one taco on a separate order in a single visit, just to avoid that free "promotion"

must be a rockets fan smh....Dont blame me, blame leslie alexander....I feel for your pain :laugh:

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Good question! I would say at this point they are trying to make money. They give up the farm for Dwight, but he will not sign an extension? That screams they want to cash in off a 1 yr rental for Dwight.

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 08:24 PM

:laugh2:

LOL. I laugh when people claim no one wants to play in Houston. Tmac, Barkley and Pippen to name a few once requested to be traded here. If you get a superstar the rest will come eventually.

Rockets won titles in an era of greats such as Barkley, Malone&Stockton, Robinson, Kemp&Payton, Ewing. Dream possibly would have won more titles but he ran into the great Celtics early in his carrer. Too bad he was never fortunate enough to run into the Golden State Warriors....LMAO

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 08:27 PM
must be a rockets fan smh....Dont blame me, blame leslie alexander....I feel for your pain :laugh:

Im with you there. I LOVE the Rockets but our owner hasn't wanted us to rebuild properly so now we are doing this drama. But either way this goes, the Rockets have a good future ahead of the with either Howard or Bynum or whoever...OR all the Draft picks they have I think like 5 1st rds or something like that. Either way we may not be desirable now...but the Mavs future isnt all to bright in my opinion. Could be wrong, but the Mavs aren't competing with OKC and MIA and LAL or even the Spurs now. And their future doesnt look promising either so I'd take Houstons place over Dallas right now. Houston is either instant contenders/playoff bound, or they suck and get high picks. Win Win for us.

And im not a dallas hater either, I'm just being honest.

nacdaddy
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM

LOL. I laugh when people claim no one wants to play in Houston. Tmac, Barkley and Pippen to name a few once requested to be traded here. If you get a superstar the rest will come eventually.

Rockets won titles in an era of greats such as Barkley, Malone&Stockton, Robinson, Kemp&Payton, Ewing. Dream possibly would have won more titles but he ran into the great Celtics early in his carrer. Too bad he was never fortunate enough to run into the Golden State Warriors....LMAO

its also pretty damn funny that people belittle the back to back championships because mj wasnt playing. where the hell is the logic in that? oh wait.. it makes sense now. the mavericks only won there single title because mj wasnt playing. the shaq and kobe duo sucked too cause they won when jordan wasnt playing. damn i wish jordan was playing again so from here on out, titles can be credible again.

in conclusion... im just saying when the rockets greatest player claps his two hands together, it makes a CLINK sound. the mavs greatest on the other hand.. not so much

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 08:36 PM

Lol everybody you just named was on a DECLINE & well past there prime except maybe T-mac who had a good 2-3 yrs left but he couldnt even play a full season tell me about the rockets current achievements.....I'll wait :sleep:

John Walls Era
07-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Money is Good.

Can't lie. If I was an owner, its lots of money first then winning. But both come hand in hand usually.

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 08:41 PM
its also pretty damn funny that people belittle the back to back championships because mj wasnt playing. where the hell is the logic in that? oh wait.. it makes sense now. the mavericks only won there single title because mj wasnt playing. the shaq and kobe duo sucked too cause they won when jordan wasnt playing. damn i wish jordan was playing again so from here on out, titles can be credible again.

I have many friends and family in San Antonio and not even Spurs fans are as arrogant as Maverick fans, why...who the hell knows. Anyways no point in going back and forth with immature kids.

EDUTEXANS
07-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Lol everybody you just named was on a DECLINE & well past there prime except maybe T-mac who had a good 2-3 yrs left but he couldnt even play a full season tell me about the rockets current achievements.....I'll wait :sleep:

sure

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Im with you there. I LOVE the Rockets but our owner hasn't wanted us to rebuild properly so now we are doing this drama. But either way this goes, the Rockets have a good future ahead of the with either Howard or Bynum or whoever...OR all the Draft picks they have I think like 5 1st rds or something like that. Either way we may not be desirable now...but the Mavs future isnt all to bright in my opinion. Could be wrong, but the Mavs aren't competing with OKC and MIA and LAL or even the Spurs now. And their future doesnt look promising either so I'd take Houstons place over Dallas right now. Houston is either instant contenders/playoff bound, or they suck and get high picks. Win Win for us.

And im not a dallas hater either, I'm just being honest.

Its cool to have an opinion, I cant get upset at you about that but I can disagree yea we had a bad yr this yr but didnt we win the championship last yr??...Go research the most wealthiest teams and Dallas is in the top 5, and I guarantee if you run a poll through the nba they will say mark cuban is one of the best owners to play for, so why wouldn't we continue to have a bright future

nacdaddy
07-12-2012, 08:49 PM
its funny how you say no one wants to play in houston, yet dallas hit a huge homerun this year in the offseason. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
tell me a big name thats ever come to dallas as a free agent? ill wait..:sleep:

I have many friends and family in San Antonio and not even Spurs fans are as arrogant as Maverick fans, why...who the hell knows. Anyways no point in going back and forth with immature kids.

youre right. thats the thing though, theres a reason why houston and san antone are pretty mutual when it comes to rivalry but when it comes to the team up north, nobody can stand them.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 08:51 PM

in conclusion... im just saying when the rockets greatest player claps his two hands together, it makes a CLINK sound. the mavs greatest on the other hand.. not so much

congratulations you beat the Knicks with Ewing & Orlando who had how many rings???? Like i said if Michael Jordan would have continued to play instead of taking 2 yrs off Houston would have nothing! MJ was undefeated in finals series what makes you think yall could have beat them? YOU COULDNT EVEN BEAT SEATTLE but thats old news like i said give me some recent achievements.....

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 08:53 PM

second longest winning streak in the history of the NBA. Is it a chip? No not at all. Is it an achievement? Absolutely.

Gritz
07-12-2012, 09:00 PM
lollineups

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:01 PM
its funny how you say no one wants to play in houston, yet dallas hit a huge homerun this year in the offseason. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
tell me a big name thats ever come to dallas as a free agent? ill wait..:sleep:

youre right. thats the thing though, theres a reason why houston and san antone are pretty mutual when it comes to rivalry but when it comes to the team up north, nobody can stand them.

Hmmm if im not mistaken D-will chose between us & BK, Oh yeah so did D12
Unlike the rockets who is giving up everything except their logo to get him for 1yr and the last time I check we did win the championship last yr didnt we?????

and please dont bring SA into this just because you cant back up your team w/ anything, Dallas has no problem w/ SA because they can back up what they talk unlike Houston...its been 3 yrs since yall made it to the playoffs and in the past 10 yrs you only made it 4x's and you only made it out the first round once:clap:

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
second longest winning streak in the history of the NBA. Is it a chip? No not at all. Is it an achievement? Absolutely.

Didnt we just win it Last yr? :facepalm:I swear you rockets fans have amnesia or something, its like yall cant remember anything since yall won it all in '94 & '95

nacdaddy
07-12-2012, 09:12 PM
hmmm if im not mistaken d-will chose between us & bk, oh yeah so did d12
unlike the rockets who is giving up everything except their logo to get him for 1yr and the last time i check we did win the championship last yr didnt we?????
i dont think you read the question right. Here it is again.

tell me a big name thats ever come to dallas as a free agent? Ill wait..:sleep:

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Didnt we just win it Last yr? :facepalm:I swear you rockets fans have amnesia or something, its like yall cant remember anything since yall won it all in '94 & '95

What are you reading? I just stated that that the Rockets had the NBA's second longest winning streak a few years ago. Then I stated that it is not a championship but is still an achievement. Because you said " tell me about the Rockets recent achievements" so I answered it.

My reply had nothing to do with the Mavericks. No one said yall didn't win a championship. Im guessing you misread the post.

astrosmaniac
07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
congratulations you beat the Knicks with Ewing & Orlando who had how many rings???? Like i said if Michael Jordan would have continued to play instead of taking 2 yrs off Houston would have nothing! MJ was undefeated in finals series what makes you think yall could have beat them? YOU COULDNT EVEN BEAT SEATTLE but thats old news like i said give me some recent achievements.....

You do realize that the second title year Jordan DID play, averaged 35 ppg in the playoffs but lost to the Orlando team that Houston proceeded to sweep, right? If you are gonna try and belittle our accomplishments, at least get your **** right

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
i dont think you read the question right. Here it is again.

None...point?

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
What are you reading? I just stated that that the Rockets had the NBA's second longest winning streak a few years ago. Then I stated that it is not a championship but is still an achievement. Because you said " tell me about the Rockets recent achievements" so I answered it.

My reply had nothing to do with the Mavericks. No one said yall didn't win a championship. Im guessing you misread the post.

I did, my apology

TEXASTITAN
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
They were competitive when Yao and Tmac and Artest were there and took the Lakers to 7 games with bench players after Yao went down and that team went on what like a 23 game streak if I'm not mistaken? Don't know what team you think you knew or watched but it wasn't the Houston Rockets. They are building a championship team they have NEVER been one of those teams that just tries to pull in revenue like many of the NBA teams. The Rockets are making the right moves needed to take the next step and haters and skeptics can look on and question a lot but what can't be questioned is Houston's desire to win they haven't tanked and INTENTIONALLY lost games like the annual lottery teams like Washington and Sacremento to name a few. Daryl Morey is blowing it up and going all out to rebuild this team one way or another Clutch City always plays to win no quitters or lottery tankers here.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
You do realize that the second title year Jordan DID play, averaged 35 ppg in the playoffs but lost to the Orlando team that Houston proceeded to sweep, right? If you are gonna try and belittle our accomplishments, at least get your **** right

yea your right he came in when it was like 20 games left good job...:clap:

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 09:25 PM

Houston and Dallas fans will never get along lol No matter if its Football/Basketball... Dallas and Houston people just hate each other for some reason. It will always be this way haha makes for good discussion though.

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 09:29 PM
yea your right he came in when it was like 20 games left good job...:clap:

I don't think it would have mattered if he played every game. Its not like he was rusty or anything. He still averaged 35 ppg... The 93-95 Rockets were exceptionally good. End of story.

Verbal Christ
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I always find it hilarious how maverick fan conveniently forgets the first 20 years of their existence. How many 50-60 loss seasons? Compared to the rockets whose history spans 1 extra decade? Lol

How many teams have gone back -to-back?? Yup. You can shut up now thanks.

Great owner who blows up a championship team. Using your own logic discussing Jordan ill say the mavs only beat the heat cuz they didn't have experience playing with each other! ! Lol suck on that asterisk.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
They were competitive when Yao and Tmac and Artest were there and took the Lakers to 7 games with bench players after Yao went down and that team went on what like a 23 game streak if I'm not mistaken? Don't know what team you think you knew or watched but it wasn't the Houston Rockets. They are building a championship team they have NEVER been one of those teams that just tries to pull in revenue like many of the NBA teams. The Rockets are making the right moves needed to take the next step and haters and skeptics can look on and question a lot but what can't be questioned is Houston's desire to win they haven't tanked and INTENTIONALLY lost games like the annual lottery teams like Washington and Sacremento to name a few. Daryl Morey is blowing it up and going all out to rebuild this team one way or another Clutch City always plays to win no quitters or lottery tankers here.

First off they Just because you took the NBA Champions of that yr to 7 games means absolutely nothing if you don't win it,

secondly they had a 23 game winning streak and went to playoffs to get eliminated by Utah so once again that meant absolutely nothing

and third how do you consider trading almost everything you have to get a player who has repeatedly said he will NOT resign w/ you as taking the moves necessary to take the rockets to the nxt step????

Listen Houston's mind is in all the wrong places, why would you get somebody to come to your team if he has told you he wont resign thats like telling a chick you will pay her to be your gf for a yr like be serious are yall really that naive??

you had dragic but you offered him been dips and chips when he has showed you his potential but you want to give lin who has only played 23 games a $28 mil contract? come on man you could have at least offered dragic 25 but he turned down your offer to go back to phoenix for what a extra 500,000 grand lol ok

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
First off they Just because you took the NBA Champions of that yr to 7 games means absolutely nothing if you don't win it,

secondly they had a 23 game winning streak and went to playoffs to get eliminated by Utah so once again that meant absolutely nothing

and third how do you consider trading almost everything you have to get a player who has repeatedly said he will NOT resign w/ you as taking the moves necessary to take the rockets to the nxt step????

Listen Houston's mind is in all the wrong places, why would you get somebody to come to your team if he has told you he wont resign thats like telling a chick you will pay her to be your gf for a yr like be serious are yall really that naive??

you had dragic but you offered him been dips and chips when he has showed you his potential but you want to give lin who has only played 23 games a $28 mil contract? come on man you could have at least offered dragic 25 but he turned down your offer to go back to phoenix for what a extra 500,000 grand lol ok

This is the next step. keep him or not this is the right direction to go. Be great with him and resign him or he walks and we start the "Okc" way to rebuild. Either one is better than the 9th place finishes and if you disagree you are mistaken. Getting the 14th pick every year for 3 years is not better than a hope of resigning Howard, or a full on rebuild mode where we can get a top 3 pick.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't think it would have mattered if he played every game. Its not like he was rusty or anything. He still averaged 35 ppg... The 93-95 Rockets were exceptionally good. End of story.

so basically what your saying is that it wouldn't have made a difference in the teams chemistry if the focal point of the team only played 17 games rather than the full 82?:facepalm:

and idk why you keep saying he avg 35 because he avg 26 in the season & 31 in the playoffs

Verbal Christ
07-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Wrong. Dragic was offered the same contract he signed in PHX minus the player option on the final year. Morey says he feels only true stars should have those player options in order yo fully maximize team flexibility. Get your **** straight.

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
so basically what your saying is that it wouldn't have made a difference in the teams chemistry if the focal point of the team only played 17 games rather than the full 82?:facepalm:

and idk why you keep saying he avg 35 because he avg 26 in the season & 31 in the playoffs

Well I only stated that once so I dont know why you say "Keep saying 35". I was just going by stats a previous poster had.

he averaged 31 ppg in the playoffs! He lost end of story man give credit where credit is due. Next your going to say that last years Dallas championship team would have beat the 93-95 Rockets lol

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
This is the next step. keep him or not this is the right direction to go. Be great with him and resign him or he walks and we start the "Okc" way to rebuild. Either one is better than the 9th place finishes and if you disagree you are mistaken. Getting the 14th pick every year for 3 years is not better than a hope of resigning Howard, or a full on rebuild mode where we can get a top 3 pick.

all im saying is you could have kept Dragic who i feel has the potential to become a top 10 pg, traded up the draft to get a scorer and build around them not trade everything for D12 who is already championship ready...he wants a ring now not wait even longer

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Wrong. Dragic was offered the same contract he signed in PHX minus the player option on the final year. Morey says he feels only true stars should have those player options in order yo fully maximize team flexibility. Get your **** straight.

Lol ok, so I guess Morey also says you give a player who only started 25 games and avg 14ppg $28.9 mil, Ill let you keep buying in to what morey says lol

rhino17
07-12-2012, 09:54 PM
A mavs fan from Houston, how pathetic.

The only thing worse is being a Cowpoke or Titans fan from Houston

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Well I only stated that once so I dont know why you say "Keep saying 35". I was just going by stats a previous poster had.

he averaged 31 ppg in the playoffs! He lost end of story man give credit where credit is due. Next your going to say that last years Dallas championship team would have beat the 93-95 Rockets lol

listen rockets HAD a talented team, I never said they wasn't I just don't believe they would have stand a chance vs. MJ that's all

but hold up, you never answered my question

it wouldn't make a difference in a teams chemistry if the focal point of the team only played 17 games rather than the full 82?

rhino17
07-12-2012, 09:57 PM
listen rockets HAD a talented team, I never said they wasn't I just don't believe they would have stand a chance vs. MJ that's all

MJ had a losing record against ONE team......guess who?

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM

lmao :clap:

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Im sensing a little animosity from rockets fans lol what is it because im from houston the mavericks cant be my fav basketball team? I hope you don't think im the only person from here who doesn't root for the rockets

Verbal Christ
07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Your narrow mind can't think laterally enough to understand that a Lin signing goes beyond the black and white stats. You keep blabbing nonsense all over the place with the typical Dallas arrogance and you can't tell your mouth from your *** hole. Go pull out your replica championship trophy and your Jr GM pin and keep telling yourself you have it figured out champ. "Lol"

TEXASTITAN
07-12-2012, 10:00 PM

Listen punk I'd decided not to even waste my time starting in on you but since you went out of your way to talk **** **** it I'll run with it.

Now I can honestly say my Rockets have never been bad enough that you couldn't give free tickets away like the Mavs and it looks like you're jealous because we're actually making moves and the Mavs are finished players leaving left and right. Cuban is a pompous *** and everyone knows what kind of jerkoff the guy is he's hated not liked you seem to have confused the two. Cuban or no Cuban y'all hit it big with Dirk that's it all those years of sucking and Dirk is the only draft pick you hit on? That's a joke a sad one for that shithole called Dallas Deron just gave y'all the finger so why are you running your mouth about nobody wanting to come to Houston when we're still up on the Mavs in titles and in great players who have been a part of this franchise vs the Mavs. You Mavs and Ranger fans all seem to have let the recent relevance cause you to have forgotten the previous 20 years when y'all were right there with the Detroit Lions of sports sucking it up every time you played someone in it for the MONEY for the REVENUE not to win. It won't be long before your Mavs will be back to free ticket promos to get ***** in the seats you're not fooling anyone who remembers the scrubby Mavs and a cracked out Roy Tarpley.

rhino17
07-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Im sensing a little animosity from rockets fans lol what is it because im from houston the mavericks cant be my fav basketball team? I hope you don't think im the only person from here who doesn't root for the rockets

If you are from Houston and you root for teams from southern Oklahoma, you are pathetic, simple as that

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 10:01 PM

but hold up, you never answered my question

it wouldn't make a difference in a teams chemistry if the focal point of the team only played 17 games rather than the full 82?

Since its MJ. I think not. Any other player yes. Thats my honest opinion. If you agree cool, if not cool. Its a discussion forum not a court room where we need a final answer.

rhino17
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Listen punk I'd decided not to even waste my time starting in on you but since you went out of your way to talk **** **** it I'll run with it.

Now I can honestly say my Rockets have never been bad enough that you couldn't give free tickets away like the Mavs

It won't be long before your Mavs will be back to free ticket promos to get ***** in the seats you're not fooling anyone who remember the scrubby Mavs and a cracked out Roy Tarpley.

The Mavs LOST money last season while the Rockets still profited despite not being very good. That should tell you enough

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:08 PM
MJ had a losing record against ONE team......guess who?

& he was 6-0 in the finals! dude I know your not about to fix your mouth to tell me that the Houston Rockets where better then Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls?

Verbal Christ
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM

:thumbsup: cool story bro! You should write a book. Or something.

Better yet

Keep blessing the forum with your forward thinking and originality. Don't forget to make a good PSD poster you have to include key words like hate,porn,dead and the always awesome first person account on your stories that nobody really cares about. Keep up the good work you'll make a helluva contributor one day.

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Didn't someone say NOONE wanted to play for the Rockets?

http://spacecityscoop.com/2012/07/10/andrew-bynum-interested-in-playing-for-the-houston-rockets/

Andrew Bynum interested in playing for the Houston Rockets
Jul 10th, 2012 at 2:29 pm by Kyle AdamsRockets
Home Ľ Rockets Ľ Andrew Bynum interested in playing for the Houston Rockets

If you watched the Rockets play the Lakers last year you might think that Bynum hated the Rockets, and that the fans hated him as well. Itís been reported that Bynum has said if he doesnít resign with the Lakers and becomes a free agent this offseason his first choice will be the Houston Rockets.....A superstar player actually wants to be in Houston......

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Your narrow mind can't think laterally enough to understand that a Lin signing goes beyond the black and white stats. You keep blabbing nonsense all over the place with the typical Dallas arrogance and you can't tell your mouth from your *** hole. Go pull out your replica championship trophy and your Jr GM pin and keep telling yourself you have it figured out champ. "Lol"

:laugh:

rhino17
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
& he was 6-0 in the finals! dude I know your not about to fix your mouth to tell me that the Houston Rockets where better then Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls?
Michael Jordan stated that only ONE player was able to get in his head, guess who that was?

the 1993-1994 Rockets absolutely would have beat the 91, 92, 93 Bulls, I have no doubt in my mind. Chicago simply didn't matchup well against them

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 10:13 PM

You came in here bashing the Rockets organization. You keep going and going. Be careful, you might just double your post count in this thread alone.

TEXASTITAN
07-12-2012, 10:13 PM
So we get Dwight and he stays and build around him or he splits after the year and we go into full rebuild mode so what both options are better than finishing in the same place year after year picking 14th every year. It's not a big deal really only people who aren't happy Howard is coming to Houston like this guy hating because Deron a (Dallas) guy shafted you. I mean when you can't even get a top 5 pg from your Dallas to sign with Dallas ya got quite a bit of nerve saying nobody wants to come to Houston we have a lot more going for us than Dallas does so suck on that.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Now I can honestly say my Rockets have never been bad enough that you couldn't give free tickets away like the Mavs and it looks like you're jealous because we're actually making moves and the Mavs are finished players leaving left and right. Cuban is a pompous *** and everyone knows what kind of jerkoff the guy is he's hated not liked you seem to have confused the two. Cuban or no Cuban y'all hit it big with Dirk that's it all those years of sucking and Dirk is the only draft pick you hit on? That's a joke a sad one for that shithole called Dallas Deron just gave y'all the finger so why are you running your mouth about nobody wanting to come to Houston when we're still up on the Mavs in titles and in great players who have been a part of this franchise vs the Mavs. You Mavs and Ranger fans all seem to have let the recent relevance cause you to have forgotten the previous 20 years when y'all were right there with the Detroit Lions of sports sucking it up every time you played someone in it for the MONEY for the REVENUE not to win. It won't be long before your Mavs will be back to free ticket promos to get ***** in the seats you're not fooling anyone who remembers the scrubby Mavs and a cracked out Roy Tarpley.

somebody is heated lol all i did was made a comment to the thread stating i think the rockets where trading to get D12 for Money purposes(fill in seats & sell jerseys) then i get called all kind of punks & so on because im a dallas fan from houston and since I stick up for dallas I speak my opinion, am i wrong for that? almost everything im stating is facts

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:21 PM
If you are from Houston and you root for teams from southern Oklahoma, you are pathetic, simple as that

I know plenty of people who is from houston who are Heat fans, Okc fans, bulls fans and so on that doesnt make them pathetic, houston is a good place to live, good weather, no taxes, and beautiful women....take a chill pill lol

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Didn't someone say NOONE wanted to play for the Rockets?

http://spacecityscoop.com/2012/07/10/andrew-bynum-interested-in-playing-for-the-houston-rockets/

cool and cleveland & Dallas :up:

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 10:26 PM
cool and cleveland & Dallas :up:

Not the point, point is the argument was erroneously made that noone wanted to sign with Houston.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Michael Jordan stated that only ONE player was able to get in his head, guess who that was?

the 1993-1994 Rockets absolutely would have beat the 91, 92, 93 Bulls, I have no doubt in my mind. Chicago simply didn't matchup well against them

the rockets didnt even make it to the playoffs in '91-92 Man Im not about to argue w/ you about who was better out of MJ's bulls & the rockets....

TEXASTITAN
07-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I personally think this kid was dropped on his fking head to begin with now that we've reminded him of the disgraceful Mavs teams he wants to act like all he did was try and make a point. No you intentionally went after Rockets fans talking $h!t and you wanted a negative response so yeah you reap what you sew. If you are really in Houston and you really are a Mavs fan I do feel bad for you but you are a disgrace plain and simple and your intention was to aggravate Houston fans just to cause an argument. There's better ways to get your post count up like actually contributing something meaningful to a topic rather than starting a $h!tstorm. Dude Deron chose Brooklyn over Dallas don't go all man on a ledge on everyone maybe one day the Mavs will draft more than one star since nobody wants to come to Dallas.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:35 PM
You came in here bashing the Rockets organization. You keep going and going. Be careful, you might just double your post count in this thread alone.

No I didnt come in bashing the rockets my first post was "being from Houston Id say make money because nobody really goes to any games anymore"

thats when the OP asked if i was a dallas fan from houston and i said yea and I said true enough I said nobody wants to play for the rockets how is that considered bashing? I just stated an opinion that i have observed over the past years, thats when a rockets fan posted nothing worse than a dallas fan from houston which I would consider bashing

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Not the point, point is the argument was erroneously made that noone wanted to sign with Houston.

and you proved me wrong and I said cool, what else do you want?

rhino17
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
the rockets didnt even make it to the playoffs in '91-92 Man Im not about to argue w/ you about who was better out of MJ's bulls & the rockets....

Most of the championship team was acquired after that

shows how much you know

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
and you proved me wrong and I said cool, what else do you want?

LOL I was just saying I didn't even know you said it.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I personally think this kid was dropped on his fking head to begin with now that we've reminded him of the disgraceful Mavs teams he wants to act like all he did was try and make a point. No you intentionally went after Rockets fans talking $h!t and you wanted a negative response so yeah you reap what you sew. If you are really in Houston and you really are a Mavs fan I do feel bad for you but you are a disgrace plain and simple and your intention was to aggravate Houston fans just to cause an argument. There's better ways to get your post count up like actually contributing something meaningful to a topic rather than starting a $h!tstorm. Dude Deron chose Brooklyn over Dallas don't go all man on a ledge on everyone maybe one day the Mavs will draft more than one star since nobody wants to come to Dallas.

First of all Im a grown man Im not no child so watch how you talk to me, not once have I disrespected you in any kind of matter now if you want it to get to that than i can shoot you my info and we can handle this issue like grown men since i see you stay in houston

all i said was nobody wanted to come to houston and yall got all in yall feelings so what yall have two rings good job Idc, if you want to discuss about teams being better talk about NOW not 20 yrs ago damn yall act like some little girls

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Most of the championship team was acquired after that

shows how much you know

ok, the 93-94 rockets where better than MJ's Bulls does that make you happy

Chronz
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I recently had a realization. The Houston Rockets made tons of money when they had a Chinese Superstar Center. Let's be honest, they were never really a Championship team even when Yao and TMac were healthy. But, they made a lot of money. I am guessing that profits have been pretty poor comparatively after Yao went down. If you were wanting to make a lot of money again, wouldn't you follow the same template? I would.

So they did the next best thing, tried to get the most popular chinese player in the world, and tried to get the best center the league. They would have overpayed for the skills of JLin (but probably not his revenue value), and they are giving away the farm just to get D12. So the question is...

Are they trying to build a championship team?
OR
Are they trying to build a highly profitable team based on their passed experience?

Obviously they would like to do both, but I think with all these stacked teams in the NBA, the Rockets are more leaning towards just trying to make a bunch of $$$.

I dont believe your opinion, Rockets were very much championship contenders, they just didnt matchup with 1 team or struggled with injuries.

Chronz
07-13-2012, 12:27 PM
When did he say this?

Very doubtful. The only year they would have won was the year that Horace jumped ship. Every other year they had too much talent.

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
I will not watch any Rockets game if they'll be screw so much in this trade.. Lost respect to Morey since last year..