PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola to be amnestied

Glen20
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
Houston has decided to use the amnesty provision on Luis Scola and will likely file with NBA on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Avenged
07-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Houston making room for Dwight.

calibird707
Will be a nice addition for somebody....im assuming a contender

Raph12
Houston really trying hard to get something done... Got to admire their persistence.

Gritz
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
He won't clear waivers

fadedmario
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

Scola has three years and $21 million left on his contract. The Rockets are clearing space in pursuit of a Dwight Howard deal.

J4KOP99
Wow. Dwight

BlondeBomber41
07-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Crazy, Scola is still a solid player. He'll get scooped real easily.

Bornknick73
Scola is a very consistent player. They better hope they get something done. Scola would bolster a team looking for a energy Varejao type guy. Watch the lakers scoop him up for a sheet of toilet paper and some beads.

Avenged
"The Rockets will soon have the space to absorb Orlando's Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Duhon and Epcot Center."

good god.. The Rockets are going to become the Magic :laugh2:

AussieLaker
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Making Room for Dwight

or
potential three way trade for Bynum lol

Morey is trying to hit a home run

EDUTEXANS
favorite player in Houston

Cimos21
What does Houston know that we dont that they are so confident that D12 will resign with them even though there is no committment for an extension? Do they have some sort of Great Wall built around the city preventing people from escaping?

fadedmario
Scola is a very consistent player. They better hope they get something done. Scola would bolster a team looking for a energy Varejao type guy. Watch the lakers scoop him up for a sheet of toilet paper and some beads.

Teams with cap room get to claim first.

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
woj
The Rockets will soon have the space to absorb Orlando's Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Duhon and Epcot Center.

wow

AussieLaker

i doubt he will pass waiver claims

ThunderousDemon
You have to admire their determination.

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 06:31 PM
woj
The Mavericks will be aggressive bidders for Scola on the amnesty wire, league sources said. Dallas is serious about Elton Brand too.

rhino17
07-12-2012, 06:32 PM
"The Rockets will soon have the space to absorb Orlando's Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Duhon and Epcot Center."

good god.. The Rockets are going to become the Magic :laugh2:

this is beyond stupid if this is what the rockets are thinking. Taking on all those contracts will just turn them into the Magic, a team Dwight doesn't want to play for.

As for Scola, he will be missed. I always though he would be a phenomenal fit with OKC. Finally bring them a low post scorer off the bench

310Casper
Does anyone have a list of the order of teams that get dibs on waived players first?

I know the list can only have teams under the cap. But is there a specific order or is it pretty much a lottery ball type situation?

No way Scola clears waivers, way too good of a player and has a reasonable contract for what he brings to the table

fadedmario
woj

wow

wow - Welcome to Houston D12

bholly
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Mavericks will be aggressive bidders for Scola on the amnesty wire, league sources said. Dallas is serious about Elton Brand too..

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
wow - Welcome to Houston D12

for real. the houston magic :laugh2:

310Casper
07-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Yup, this pretty much assured Dwight will be a rocket whether he likes it or not.

If they cant convince him to stay by the mid-season trade deadline they'll just flip him for brooke lopez and picks and call it a day.

KB-Pau-DH2012
The Houston Magic!!!! :laugh:

michael811
Does anyone have a list of the order of teams that get dibs on waived players first?

I know the list can only have teams under the cap. But is there a specific order or is it pretty much a lottery ball type situation?

No way Scola clears waivers, way too good of a player and has a reasonable contract for what he brings to the table

its a bidding process. Each team under the cap puts a bid over how much of Scola's salary they want to pay. The team under the cap who puts up the highest bid wins

310Casper
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
its a bidding process. Each team under the cap puts a bid over how much of Scola's salary they want to pay. The team under the cap who puts up the highest bid wins

oh thats right!!! And its blind bidding too, so no one knows what other teams have bid.

Interesting

bholly
07-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Isn't Cape Canaveral just outside Orlando? I feel like there's a joke here, I just can't quite find it.

bholly
07-12-2012, 06:36 PM

Also, if more than one team bids for his entire salary, the one with the worst record last year gets him.

AddiX
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
woj

wow

Lmao, I don't even know what to think of that...

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann
Rockets trying to surround Dwight Howard with the same supporting cast he's trying to escape from.

So true. lol

Anyways, LETS GO HOUUUSTONNN!!

Lake_Show2416
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
making room for Bynum

310Casper
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Also, if more than one team bids for his entire salary, the one with the worst record last year gets him.

That was gonna be my next question, thanks.

So that means Scola is pretty much 100% guaranteed to play for a really really horrible team next year lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 06:39 PM
making room for Bynum

If Houston is smart, then yes, they'd go for Bynum. It's just ridiculous they're trying to go for Dwight.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 06:39 PM
So does Dwight not want to play for the Magic organization or does he not want to play with the Magic team? Because if this goes through, he's still going to be on the same team, just with a different organization.

The Rockets and the Magic should just meet for an exhibition, and when it's over they can just switch planes and Jerseys. Maybe the Magic are trying to stick it to Howard...whever you go...the baggage goes with you !!! Haha...

marj987
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Bobcats shoud go after Scola.

310Casper
Bynum had houston on his teams he'd sign with.

Maybe this Scola amnesty means:

Bynum to Houston, signing long term.
Dwight to LA, no long term signing. gamble for lakers.
A ton of picks from Houston to Orlando.

Lakers + Giants
props to the rockets. They went all out. Major Balls.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 06:41 PM
update:

David Aldridge 15s
Source says Rockets have not made a final determination on using amnesty on Scola; could "potentially" happen Friday. @WojYahooNBA first.

THE MTL
Scola still good though. Rockets really couldnt find a trade partner? I like how aggressive houston is but they currently have asik and martin along with scrubs. They have NO team to entice free agents.

Lake_Show2416
If Houston is smart, then yes, they'd go for Bynum. It's just ridiculous they're trying to go for Dwight.

might as well get the guy that went on record saying he would b willing to stay wit the franchise but u never know

njnets
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Aldridge now tweeted it could potentially happen. Not a definite yet.

I see it going down but just an update for everyone.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 06:43 PM
might as well get the guy that went on record saying he would b willing to stay wit the franchise but u never know

Don't think Houston FO is that cognizant of such things.

tp13baby
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh Denver might get him? wouldn't mind. Doubt he will wanna come here though.

Giraffes Rule
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Scola still good though. Rockets really couldnt find a trade partner? I like how aggressive houston is but they currently have asik and martin along with scrubs. They have NO team to entice free agents.

The whole point of dumping Scola is to clear cap room for a Howard trade. Trading Scola wouldn't clear any cap room unless it's to another team under the salary cap.

I don't know how I would feel about Dallas picking him up. He's a good player, but wouldn't that eat into their cap room next year?

Iron24th
07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Making Room for Dwight

or
potential three way trade for Bynum lol

Morey is trying to hit a home run

With the room they made, I think the rockets no longer want a three way trade, they'll deal with orlando straight up.

Iron24th
07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Can someone tell me who will be dwight's teammates in houston???
They got rid of everybody lol

The goods
07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
That team sucks even with Dwight they won't make the playoffs,so focused on trading for Dwight their forgetting what it takes to win that's a first round exit at best then how can you convince Dwight to stay?

The goods
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Dragic
Martin
Richardson
Turk
Dwight

And a team full of rookies That isn't winning anything

Avenged
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
WOJ
"Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3."

haha, that would be something.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
That team sucks even with Dwight they won't make the playoffs,so focused on trading for Dwight their forgetting what it takes to win that's a first round exit at best then how can you convince Dwight to stay?

They are building a huge wall around Houston that even Dwight howard wont be able to jump over to leave.

mgsports
07-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Parons/Morris/Livingston/Martin/Jordan and so on.
Scola to Magic because need a PF.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 06:56 PM
WOJ
"Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3."

Houston and Atlanta, LOL, good luck promoting that brand of yours Dwight!

nicegoing
07-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Houston is just going to be as good as the Magic are, so meh.

Wes_Craven
07-12-2012, 06:59 PM
And Dwight's path to Brooklyn has just reopened.

No way Houston holds onto him for a whole season without a commitment.

shep33
07-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Why doesn't Orlando and Houston just swap teams?

Iron24th
07-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Dragic
Martin
Richardson
Turk
Dwight

And a team full of rookies That isn't winning anything

Dragic is a phoenix sun.

They don't even have a legit PG.

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 07:01 PM
interesting. i wonder who stays and who goes in houston.

i wonder how much of this is orlando not wanting to send dwight out east, as well. i think that is a factor that may not be getting mentioned.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6mc5ecq

something like this would work with scola being amnestied. and scola....brooklyn???? toronto? he will help someone dude is still very good.

and what's the deal with lowry?

broncosfan4eva
07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
jesus if the rockets take on that much cap back they better not give up much

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
WOJ

That'd be crazy. However, I really don't see CP3 leaving LA. Seems as if he's started something great there. The Clips are pretty legit and only getting better.

I know people here hate Blake, but he still get's 21-22 points, and 11 rpg.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah, kinda strange for Houston, even with Dwight that's probably a 6-7 seed out west. What are the pg options? Raymond Felton?

I'd like to see them try and grab Iggy if they can.

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 07:05 PM

If you honestly think Morey didn't go into this with multiple potential moves mapped out then these negotitations are already way over your head.

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 07:06 PM
jesus if the rockets take on that much cap back they better not give up much

If they do take Dwight, JRich, Duhon AND Turk, then all I can see the Magic getting is a 2 draft picks, Kevin Martin and 1-2 rookies. And that might be a bit generous.

I think the Magic might be better off keeping Turk, buy him out next season and get more assets from Houston.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 07:06 PM
crazy thing is i stay in houston and EVERY year they try to pump them up & every year they let everybody down lol even when they had T-mac and Yao you couldn't tell nobody from houston nothing because they knew they would win a championship, but I guarantee if they get D12 they will lose their mind on spot...

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 07:10 PM
That'd be crazy. However, I really don't see CP3 leaving LA. Seems as if he's started something great there. The Clips are pretty legit and only getting better.

PSD would have ripped on shaq in his prime cause he couldn't shoot free throws.

kdspurman
07-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Maybe he'll come back to the team that drafted him, finish out his career with Manu & Co.. But I don't see him clearing waivers to get to that point.

I'm sure Dallas will make at push at him & Brand

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:12 PM
PSD would have ripped on shaq in his prime cause he couldn't shoot free throws.

Yeah true. I think Blake has the ability to get a lot better. His form isn't horrible, he just shoots his freethrows without using his legs. Karl Malone used to be horrid early in his career. I think we also forget that this is only Blake's 3rd year. Still has a lot of potential.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Maybe he'll come back to the team that drafted him, finish out his career with Manu & Co.. But I don't see him clearing waivers to get to that point.

I'm sure Dallas will make at push at him & Brand

Yeah, I think Dallas makes a run at one of them. I'd take Scola over Brand. Scola can't rebound or defend well, but he is by far the superior offensive player between the two.

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Dragic is a phoenix sun.

Rafer Alston turned into Kyle Lowry which turned into Toronto draft pick that is a potential gamechanger in these negotiations. Morey has said it himself that finding a point guard is a lot easier than finding a big.

IF, big IF the Rockets were to acquire Dwight and he would consider staying in Houston, who would you rather team up with, Blake or Dwight?

IMO Dwight>Blake

Captain Moroni
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Scola would be a great fit in Brooklyn but do they have any space left to put in a bid?

LakersKB24
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Dragic is a phoenix sun.

Isn't Duhon supposed to be part of that deal? :laugh2:

Dwight a Rocket? Hard to imagine.

kdspurman
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I think Dallas makes a run at one of them. I'd take Scola over Brand. Scola can't rebound or defend well, but he is by far the superior offensive player between the two.

Definitely... Although it makes Dallas's front court pretty bad defensively, it will be hard to slow them down. Scola/Dirk's mid-range shots are pretty much money 99% of the time, but they won't have really anyone to defend the paint.

rhino17
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Scola would be a great fit in Brooklyn but do they have any space left to put in a bid?

no he wouldnt

a frontcourt combo of Lopez and Scola would barely combine for 10 rpg

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Rafer Alston turned into Kyle Lowry which turned into Toronto draft pick that is a potential gamechanger in these negotiations. Morey has said it himself that finding a point guard is a lot easier than finding a big.

IF, big IF the Rockets were to acquire Dwight and he would consider staying in Houston, who would you rather team up with, Blake or Dwight?

IMO Dwight>Blake

Oh definitely, but the if CP3 does walk, he can go to ATL with Josh Smith and Dwight Howard.

Next year ATL has Horford making 12 mill (he can also be traded for some picks to give them cap relief), Teague at 3.4 (qualifying offer) can be let go or traded, Lou Williams, and the rest as of now are on rookie/min contracts.

I'm on the fence with Houston doing this, because Josh Smith, Dwight and Lou Williams are all good friends from what I hear. Didn't Josh and Dwight play ball in the ATL together at one point?

thekmp211
no he wouldnt

a frontcourt combo of Lopez and Scola would barely combine for 10 rpg

that's what you have reggie evans for.

Cano-Montero...
Probably they end up with dwight and iggy....

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Definitely... Although it makes Dallas's front court pretty bad defensively, it will be hard to slow them down. Scola/Dirk's mid-range shots are pretty much money 99% of the time, but they won't have really anyone to defend the paint.

Very true. Kaman and Dirk up front is pretty sketchy defensively

justjames
07-12-2012, 07:24 PM

The Clippers hopes and dreams are contingent on Griffin not being seriously hurt. If its serious, CP3 is gone.

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh definitely, but the if CP3 does walk, he can go to ATL with Josh Smith and Dwight Howard.

Next year ATL has Horford making 12 mill (he can also be traded for some picks to give them cap relief), Teague at 3.4 (qualifying offer) can be let go or traded, Lou Williams, and the rest as of now are on rookie/min contracts.

I'm on the fence with Houston doing this, because Josh Smith, Dwight and Lou Williams are all good friends from what I hear. Didn't Josh and Dwight play ball in the ATL together at one point?

Yeah im sure they would, they are best friends. Smith is a free agent and I do know that Morey has had intrest in him in the past supposedly so I wouldn't be suprised if Daryl would look to trade for him if the deal happened. On Scola I hope he get's picked up by a contender although it's probably unlikely.

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 07:27 PM
John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555

#Magic GM Rob Hennigan when asked if any trade was imminent: ``Dinner is imminent.’’

Stop bluffing Rob!

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-12-2012, 07:28 PM
This is a dumb decision. Dwight will likely not sign there in the offseason. Luis Scola is too good a player to get amnestied. Someone is going to be a lucky team. Hopefully the Spurs can find a way. LMAO.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah im sure they would, they are best friends. Smith is a free agent and I do know that Morey has had intrest in him in the past supposedly so I wouldn't be suprised if Daryl would look to trade for him if the deal happened. On Scola I hope he get's picked up by a contender although it's probably unlikely.

I can see Dallas maybe going after Scola.

Any news on your guy's pg front? Felton is still available right?

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I can see Dallas maybe going after Scola.

Any news on your guy's pg front? Felton is still available right?

Supposedly they contacted Brooks, also Scott Machado will get some run in SL. Other than that I have no idea.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Supposedly they contacted Brooks, also Scott Machado will get some run in SL. Other than that I have no idea.

Brooks would be a good option I think. Always liked his game on the offensive end. Better than Felton I think.

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Alex Kennedy: Houston's top priority is to land Dwight Howard. However, acquiring Andrew Bynum in three-team deal with Orlando and L.A. is a back-up plan. about 14 minutes ago
Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20SGPzzoG

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 07:51 PM
The Clippers hopes and dreams are contingent on Griffin not being seriously hurt. If its serious, CP3 is gone.

why would cp3 leave just because he injured his knee?? I highly doubt that seeing he put up with all the injuries David west had in NO, he's staying in LA

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Can Houston rescind Asik's offer sheet?

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
This is a dumb decision. Dwight will likely not sign there in the offseason. Luis Scola is too good a player to get amnestied. Someone is going to be a lucky team. Hopefully the Spurs can find a way. LMAO.

LOL yeah because the Spurs gave the Rockets Luis Scola for a 2nd Rd pick and a player that said he would not return to the U.S. (Vassillis Spounoulis).

OK so say D-Howard will not re-sign. The Rockets can then sign Andrew Bynum AND Chris Paul.

They can also S-&-T Howard to another team OR trade him at the trade deadline. Almost EVERY Rockets fan say this coming.

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Can Houston rescind Asik's offer sheet?

They won't, they have already said that the Howard/Bynum chase will not affect their offer to Asik.

MagicBucsSox
07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Ppl need to stop bashing Houston, even if Howard won't resign they have the BEST trade chip in the league.

Realize that. And a Bynum/Howard with Asik front court is vicious defensively

shep33
07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
LOL yeah because the Spurs gave the Rockets Luis Scola for a 2nd Rd pick and a player that said he would not return to the U.S. (Vassillis Spounoulis).

OK so say D-Howard will not re-sign. The Rockets can then sign Andrew Bynum AND Chris Paul.

They can also S-&-T Howard to another team OR trade him at the trade deadline. Almost EVERY Rockets fan say this coming.

The only issue I'd say is that Dwight's value drops significantly if they try to deal him at the deadline. It'd be for Bynum straight up only if Dwight agreed to an extension, because LAL would just be throwing Bynum and his bird rights away (just can't see Drew leaving all that money behind).

The deal that will always be there is with the Nets. I can see Morey thinking that he could get Brook + fillers for Howard still. Depends on how good the Nets are though.

Either way, he's a big expiring though. I guess they could try it out. Just giv'r Morey!

LTBaByyy
07-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Dirk/Scola/Wright
Kaman/Brand/James

Is a damn good rotation!!!!! Our starters Collison, Jones, and Marion are good defenders so I'm not worried

And we play match up zone so it will work out good

Pakman
07-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Dirk/Scola/Wright
Kaman/Brand/James

Is a damn good rotation!!!!! Our starters Collison, Jones, and Marion are good defenders so I'm not worried

And we play match up zone so it will work out goodkeep telling urself that

shep33
Dirk/Scola/Wright
Kaman/Brand/James

And we play match up zone so it will work out good

Can you guys take on both Scola and Brand? Doesn't it become a bidding war essentially? Kinda don't get the point for both of them anyways. Need some scoring at the perimeter.

gatkins11
I give Houston credit, they're stopping at nothing to acquire Dwight.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Turk is not a pf

Brooks
Jrich
Parsons
No idea
Dwight

Depending on the pf that's a better starting 5 then he had here in otown ...... of course its a playoff team any team with Dwight is a playoff team... they wouldn't go far but I'm sure they would love just making the playoffs ... no need to trade him at the deadline he can't outright sign with bk so they could deff snt him after season for Lopez and brooks...... and if for some reason he decided to go atl instead rockets still have his bird rights so if he wants all the money which he will he will be snt there also ..get back horford n teague .... so either way the rockets will end up with assets from it ...

shep33
07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Morey is in John Mcclane mode right now. He's in Nakatomi Plaza trying to rescue his wife (Dwight) at all costs.

Rob Hennigan is Hans Gruber

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Houston wants a superstar bad lol.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Ppl need to stop bashing Houston, even if Howard won't resign they have the BEST trade chip in the league.

Realize that. And a Bynum/Howard with Asik front court is vicious defensively

I think chicago is matching Asik

LTBaByyy
07-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Can you guys take on both Scola and Brand? Doesn't it become a bidding war essentially? Kinda don't get the point for both of them anyways. Need some scoring at the perimeter.

We still have like 14 mil in cap space with the Amnesty of Haywood

And the Mavs have said they are interested in getting both

Marques24kobe
07-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey Dwight come to Houston where you can play with 11 rookies

Marques24kobe
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM

And I'm sure he will re-up too...right

shep33
07-12-2012, 08:16 PM
We still have like 14 mil in cap space with the Amnesty of Haywood

And the Mavs have said they are interested in getting both

That's pretty interesting. Cubes has done a good job the past couple of days, props to him

Toxeryll
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
i dont get this. i think he has some value, why not just trade him and get couple of pieces back?

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Turk is not a pf

Brooks
Jrich
Parsons
No idea
Dwight

Depending on the pf that's a better starting 5 then he had here in otown ...... of course its a playoff team any team with Dwight is a playoff team... they wouldn't go far but I'm sure they would love just making the playoffs ... no need to trade him at the deadline he can't outright sign with bk so they could deff snt him after season for Lopez and brooks...... and if for some reason he decided to go atl instead rockets still have his bird rights so if he wants all the money which he will he will be snt there also ..get back horford n teague .... so either way the rockets will end up with assets from it ...

Montejunas would be the starting PF i believe. His post move are really good.

LTBaByyy
07-12-2012, 08:21 PM
That's pretty interesting. Cubes has done a good job the past couple of days, props to him

Yeah and Brand can play the back up center with Scola playing the 4, great defender and has played Center most of the time in Philly

I want West, Scola, Brand, and a shooter since Collison can score with the pick and roll

In Indiana they had him in isolation, but he is his best in pick and roll like the Hornets did

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 08:23 PM

If those rookies have a great start to the season they can easily use them as trade bait to get another star to join Dwight.

Lakers + Giants
07-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah and Brand can play the back up center with Scola playing the 4, great defender and has played Center most of the time in Philly

I want West, Scola, Brand, and a shooter since Collison can score with the pick and roll

In Indiana they had him in isolation, but he is his best in pick and roll like the Hornets did

Scola, Brand, Collison not bad at all.

C-Style
07-12-2012, 08:25 PM
I bet D12 comes out AGAIN and says he's not gonna extend with them.

torocan
07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I dunno... I wouldn't underestimate Morey.

He might be operating under the assumption that if he builds it, Dwight won't leave.

Dwight can talk all he wants about not extending, but if you give him the right supporting players, he just might stay... especially if Morey has all year to work on him.

Credit for making the big play though. Morey isn't messing around.

shep33
07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I dunno... I wouldn't underestimate Morey.

He might be operating under the assumption that if he builds it, Dwight won't leave.

Dwight can talk all he wants about not extending, but if you give him the right supporting players, he just might stay... especially if Morey has all year to work on him.

Credit for making the big play though. Morey isn't messing around.

Only thing though is that Dwight would need to be patient. I don't know how great they'd be this first year, but the goal would be next year

Lakers + Giants
07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I bet D12 comes out AGAIN and says he's not gonna extend with them.

Houston doesn't care.They're gonna take the risk cuz they think they can convince him.

rockets-fan
07-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Its go Big or go Home time for Morey ... he is not playing around

C-Style
07-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Houston doesn't care.They're gonna take the risk cuz they think they can convince him.

Thats gonna be funny to see.

LTBaByyy
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Scola, Brand, Collison not bad at all.

Don't forget our starting Center Kaman and Dahntay Jones

Right now we are a 6-7 seed, if we get Brand and Scola plus a shooter or scorer SG then we will get 4-6 seed

But right now its:

OKC

Lakers
Spurs

Clippers
Grizzlies

Mavs
Nuggets
T Wolves
Jazz

LTBaByyy
07-12-2012, 08:53 PM
@WojYahooNBA: The Mavericks will be aggressive bidders for Scola on the amnesty wire, league sources said. Dallas is serious about Elton Brand too."

I hope this means both of them

Collison/Roddy/Dominique Jones
Dahntay Jones/West/Cunningham
Marion/Crowder/Vince Carter
Dirk/Scola/Wright
Kaman/Brand/James

:pray: With this line up we compete and have so much money in Free Agency 2013 and 2014 as well

gotoHcarolina52
07-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Daryl Morey has very large cojones.

EDUTEXANS
07-12-2012, 08:59 PM
@WojYahooNBA: The Mavericks will be aggressive bidders for Scola on the amnesty wire, league sources said. Dallas is serious about Elton Brand too."

I hope this means both of them

Collison/Roddy/Dominique Jones
Dahntay Jones/West/Cunningham
Marion/Crowder/Vince Carter
Dirk/Scola/Wright
Kaman/Brand/James

:pray: With this line up we compete and have so much money in Free Agency 2013 and 2014 as well

that's a nice lineup, still need a wing though, maybe Shannon Brown could fit

Arch Stanton
07-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Hearing both Cavs and Mavs are interested in Scola.

AussieLaker
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Minimum Bid for scola is 10mill

3.36 per year

gotoHcarolina52
07-12-2012, 09:30 PM
So, who's willing to pay $10,041,037 for Scola?

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Can someone please clarify something...

what is the minimum bid per year for Scola?

Is the bid a total $ amount or per season?

Thanks in advance

AussieLaker
07-12-2012, 09:39 PM
10mill as per @EricPincus

3.36 per year x 3

a little over 10mill

Eg714
07-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Wonder who he would like to sign with.

marj987
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Do it Mavs!

SYCE
07-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Scola would be a perfect fit for the Sixers after the Brand amnesty.

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 10:17 PM
here is a question.

What if miami got scola(which is possible considering the bidding team would have to bid at least 10mil) would miami be able to trade him after they got him and how would that work?

Miami doesnt need him but it was something i was wondering(if you could trade an amnestied player)?

GoPacers33
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Come to Indiana and make us the most deep team in the league

Mr.B
07-12-2012, 10:29 PM
here is a question.

What if miami got scola(which is possible considering the bidding team would have to bid at least 10mil) would miami be able to trade him after they got him and how would that work?

Miami doesnt need him but it was something i was wondering(if you could trade an amnestied player)?

I believe you can trade him if was signed after he clears waivers. The Heat would not be able to put in a bid for him because they don't have the cap space but if no teams puts in a bid for him and then he clears waivers he would become a free agent at which point the Heat could sign him for the MLE. After all that, then they could trade him but I think he still has to be with the team after a certain period of time. I also don't think he gets that far. Someone will claim him.

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I believe you can trade him if was signed after he clears waivers. The Heat would not be able to put in a bid for him because they don't have the cap space but if no teams puts in a bid for him and then he clears waivers he would become a free agent at which point the Heat could sign him for the MLE. After all that, then they could trade him but I think he still has to be with the team after a certain period of time. I also don't think he gets that far. Someone will claim him.

i thought someone would claim him too, but its not like a normal contract. he has a partial guarnatee on his final year and i was reading the starting bid on him would be 10million

lalalakerz09
07-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Cuban will pick him up because he has jack now. Payback for his involvement in our CP3 deal. To think Scola was gonna be one of the players in the Gasol deal after the CP3 went south. I think Houston is trying to do a direct deal with ORL. They really dont need us and we dont need Howard. Houston is taking a huge risk cuz he will bail out as soon as he does his 1 year in Houston. They will then be a lottery team. I wouldnt do it unless D12 agrees to a long term deal. Foolish otherwise. Feel sorry for Dirk. He deserves better at least he has one ring. Lets get Nash a ring !!!

Fresno
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
here is a question.

Miami can not bid on Luis Scola. If he passes through waivers unclaimed, he becomes a Free Agent and can pick his team. That is the only way he can join the Miami Heat.

To answer your question. Any team who acquires an amnestied player can not trade them until after 30 days after claiming him.

Come to Indiana and make us the most deep team in the league

I dont see how in the world Indiana would still have the cap space to claim Scola. Im accounting for the contracts for Gerald Green, DJ Augustin, & the cap holds of George Hill & Roy Hibbert.

Fresno
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Heat used their MLE on Ray Allen.

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Miami can not bid on Luis Scola. If he passes through waivers unclaimed, he becomes a Free Agent and can pick his team. That is the only way he can join the Miami Heat.

To answer your question. Any team who acquires an amnestied player can not trade them until after 30 days after claiming him.

I dont see how in the world Indiana would still have the cap space to claim Scola. Im accounting for the contracts for Gerald Green, DJ Augustin, & the cap holds of George Hill & Roy Hibbert.

I know all that, but my question is if he were to be traded, how much can he be traded for? Is it the 1.3 vet min that miami got him for or is it the value if his contract which is like 9mil

Fresno
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
i thought someone would claim him too, but its not like a normal contract. he has a partial guarnatee on his final year and i was reading the starting bid on him would be 10million

Yep.

The issue with an amnesty claim on Luis Scola as confirmed by @LarryCoon is that he has partially guaranteed salary. The minimum amnesty bid is the amount of the non-guaranteed salary. Scola has just $1 mil of his $11 mil guaranteed in his final season - making the min bid $10 mil. Scola would need a three-year $30 mil commitment via amnesty bid. I personally do not see anyone with the cap or inclination to do so.

SYCE
07-12-2012, 10:54 PM
I wonder if Houston will trade for Howard and then trade Howard to the Lakers (if he would agree to sign a long term deal) or the Nets before the trade deadline next year. Something to ponder about.

Fresno
07-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I know all that, but my question is if he were to be traded, how much can he be traded for? Is it the 1.3 vet min that miami got him for or is it the value if his contract which is like 9mil
His salary in a trade would be traded for the $1.3 veteran minimum.

Houston is going to be paying the $9 Million salary unrelated to their salary cap. Basically its money under the table.

Fresno
07-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I wonder if Houston will trade for Howard and then trade Howard to the Lakers (if he would agree to sign a long term deal) or the Nets before the trade deadline next year. Something to ponder about.
Why would Houston do all of this for Dwight Howard only to trade him to the Nets for Brook Lopez? :eyebrow:

They're not going to do that for any reason.

SYCE
07-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Why would Houston do all of this for Dwight Howard only to trade him to the Nets for Brook Lopez? :eyebrow:

Yeah but Brook Lopez + picks, etc >>>>> nothing at all in return when he walks as a FA

SYCE
07-12-2012, 11:04 PM

And Bynum's their guy in the long run.

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 11:10 PM
The Nets would have to pay half of Lopez's salary because that's about all he is worth. The Nets gave that guy a MAX deal LOL ha ha ha. Yeah we don't want Lopez.

T.I.-KingofRap
07-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I think he will join Lakers. Count on it. BTW I HATE the Lakers

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-13-2012, 03:33 PM
It's official!

Marc Stein:
Luis Scola has been officially released today via the amnesty clause by Rockets, sources with knowledge of the move tell ESPN

TeamSeattle
07-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Yep Its official. Dallas make it happen.

kdspurman
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Deadline for Scola- Sunday 5PM

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
MT @DLord_DBdotcom: Scola amnesty bid deadine: Sunday at 5 PM ET. Minimum bid: $10.5M total ($3.4M/yr). Only under-the-cap teams eligible

kdspurman
07-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Yep Its official. Dallas make it happen.

They likely won't be able to get Scola & Brand. We should know about Brand pretty soon

keetyweedy
07-13-2012, 03:51 PM
They likely won't be able to get Scola & Brand. We should know about Brand pretty soon

why wont they?

kdspurman
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
why wont they?

Scola would eat into the cap space for next season. So it is not quite a certain that Dallas makes a bid on him, especially if they have a bid for Brand who's contract is much easier to take on.

Scola's last year is not guaranteed for $10 million and according to salary cap guru Larry Coon that means his minimum annual salary must be that amount times three years. It's very unlikely that he will see an offer like that, so Scola will likely pass through amnesty waivers and become a free agent.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/amnesty-claim-on-scola-prohibitive

I think the minimum bid for Brand is only about $1.35 million.

Wolfman01
07-13-2012, 06:48 PM
I personally thought amnesting Luis Scola was a bad move. The Rockets are way too confident in getting Howard for a rent only. I don't know what the Rockets are doing they lost more then half of their good players through free agents, trades, and cutting players just to make space for Dwight Howard. Which is a good thing to do for the Rockets who are attempting to get Dwight Howard but it's a risky move. Let me ask all you guys a question, if the Rockets don't get Dwight Howard after trading, letting go of good players to free agents, and cutting players just for Dwight Howard and they fail. Would the Rockets GM be fire? The Rockets pretty much are clearing out more then half of their roster just to have enough money for Dwight Howard.

Mr.B
07-14-2012, 11:57 AM

I honestly think they would trade him (sign and trade) to the Lakers for Bynum before they woul trade him to the Nets. That's unless the Nets took some of those horrible contracts off the Rockets hands.

slynxpac
07-14-2012, 01:38 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
More amnesty scuttle: I'm told Charlotte, New Orleans and Sacramento all have levels of Scola interest and weighing whether to lodge bids

slynxpac
07-14-2012, 01:47 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
If all those teams proceed w/actual bids, Scola auction would be five-team affair decided SUN at 5 PM ET. ONLY under-the-cap teams can bid

johnhollinger John Hollinger
Interesting that so many lotto teams have Scola interest, per @ESPNSteinLine . Remember, can't trade him all year.

rhino17
07-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah but Brook Lopez + picks, etc >>>>> nothing at all in return when he walks as a FA

Brook Lopez at a MAX contract <<<< letting Dwight walk for nothing

Lopez at that price is a burden that no team in the league would want

utl768
07-14-2012, 04:03 PM
i think he clears waivers because of that huge commitment in the latter years

1_team_1_dream
07-14-2012, 06:13 PM
when will we know where his going?

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 06:16 PM
can he play center?

Capital G
07-14-2012, 06:17 PM
not sure what NO would want w. him..... where would he play? not PF or C. SF? too slow.

sixth man?

Cracka2HI!
07-15-2012, 09:27 AM
I think the Rockets are having one of the worst off-season's of all time. Even if they get Howard and all Orlando's junk they won't be very good.

C Howard
PF Asik
SF Turkuglu
SG Richardson
PG Lin

I don't think they'd have much depth either because they are going to have to give up everything to get Howard. Even with Howard that probably isn't a playoff team. Maybe a low seed. Then Howard walks, or they trade him for less than they got him for and be stuck with all Orlado's crap.

koetravis
07-15-2012, 10:37 AM
It's actually a win-win for the Rocket's this offseason,.

WhiteSoxGod
07-15-2012, 12:32 PM
It's actually a win-win for the Rocket's this offseason,.

Yeah all we're doing is adding youth and draft picks while subtracting money and over-aged players.

Hellcrooner
07-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Interesting twist.
SPanish Media repots real madrid is interested in Scola.

THis can lead to a conflict with Nba because im not sure the cba has made any rules about this posibility of an amnestied player going out of the nba .
REal madrid will probably offer more than what teams are going to bid.

Chronz
07-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I think the Rockets are having one of the worst off-season's of all time. Even if they get Howard and all Orlando's junk they won't be very good.

C Howard
PF Asik
SF Turkuglu
SG Richardson
PG Lin

I don't think they'd have much depth either because they are going to have to give up everything to get Howard. Even with Howard that probably isn't a playoff team. Maybe a low seed. Then Howard walks, or they trade him for less than they got him for and be stuck with all Orlado's crap.
I think your exaggerating, without even knowing the deal in place. And I doubt Asik would start at the 4

thekmp211
07-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Brook Lopez at a MAX contract <<<< letting Dwight walk for nothing

Lopez at that price is a burden that no team in the league would want

yeah 7 foot centers who can score 20 a night and aren't fat like eddy curry are true burdens. surely you feel the same way about roy "12/8" hibbert?

max contracts are not all 25 million dollar mega deals. he got a max extention, prob got overpaid but it's far from the worst contract on that team let alone in the league. if he's healthy brook is an asset and all sign indicate that he is 100% for the first time in 1.5 years.

Blitzbolt
07-15-2012, 02:22 PM
This guy is a punk.