PDA

View Full Version : This was the last deal offered by the Nets to the Magic, the one Magic rejected

joeystats
07-12-2012, 02:52 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/12/3155254/the-nets-last-offer-for-d12-revealed

Before agreeing to a new contract with Brook Lopez, the Nets offered four future first-round picks, Lopez and Kris Humphries in sign-and-trade deals plus $3 million in cash. They would take back Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Yuck - I don't blame the Magic at all. Lopez is a Villanueva clone.

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
wait so the nets call it quits cause they were asked to take on quentin richardson? i call bs. that makes no sense. this fiasco is such a fiasco

TeamSeattle
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
All those baseline brawls from Q Rich came back to haunt him at last.

RLundi
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Humphries' contract was front-loaded and only guaranteed for the first year, so they could've waived him in the summer to clear up cap room.

Either way, the offer is terrible. Those first-round picks are nearly useless, though the cap space would've been nice. Still don't know why we're adamant about not receiving Marshon Brooks, but honestly, if Lopez was signed for $10M instead of the max and we obtained Brooks and maybe an extra first-round pick, I just might do it.

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
If that truly was it, then I'm glad it was declined. Please take what Houston has to offer. Best deal out there.

waveycrockett

Andre Drummond is the next Johan Petro

bucketss
i use to think bargn.ni was overpaid, seeing that lopez deal BC made a great deal.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-12-2012, 02:57 PM

wavey - no need to comment back on every anti-Nets posters. Just be the better man and ignore it. wait till the season starts to how Lopez shines

waveycrockett
07-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow so at the end of the day Billy King rejected the trade because of Q-rich. Impressive

JerseyPalahniuk
07-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow so at the end of the day Billy King rejected the trade because of Q-rich. Impressive

Don't believe everything you read.

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 02:59 PM
If that truly was it, then I'm glad it was declined. Please take what Houston has to offer. Best deal out there.

What is it that Houston has to offer that is so much better?

NYKnickFanatic
07-12-2012, 03:02 PM

:laugh2:

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 03:02 PM

lmao he's already better than petro ever was at the tender age of 18

Hawkeye15
07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
The Magic basically want the other team to take on a bunch of crap to get him.

Raph12
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Houston has much better to offer... Hennigan just did his due diligence to listen to the Nets offer for Dwight, can't blame him there.

KniCks4LiFe
07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
so let me get this straight Brooklyn held on to MarShon? they wouldn't offer him? Hump/Brooks/Lopez is the 2nd best deal they could have got. I was under the thought Brooklyn went all in. Houston is offering only picks, those are ifs.

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Houston has much better to offer... Hennigan just did his due diligence to listen to the Nets offer for Dwight, can't blame him there.

Houston offer is not that much better.

Corey
07-12-2012, 03:17 PM

:eyebrow:

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I think Lopez-Humphries-Brooks+4 first rounders is a pretty good deal for Orlando. I would have made that trade.

I don't get why the Magic don't want Humphries and Brooks. If you have Lopez at C you NEED a rebounder like Humphries at PF. And a promsing young guard on a rookie contract? What's not to love about that?

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Daryl Morey tried to trade up in the lottery and was targeting Drummond. Had he been able to draft him he would have likely used him as the centerpiece in a Dwight trade with Orlando and the trade would have been consumated by now.

ThunderousDemon
07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
What is it that Houston has to offer that is so much better?

I think that Houston was offering cap relief, picks, and some young players. Lets be real though, the nets picks were useless to the Magic seeing as they were all late first round picks.

Gritz
07-12-2012, 03:22 PM

You calling him ugly? Lol

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Houston's offer is a lot better. Young players, better picks and the same cap relief

I think Lopez-Humphries-Brooks+4 first rounders is a pretty good deal for Orlando. I would have made that trade.

I don't get why the Magic don't want Humphries and Brooks. If you have Lopez at C you NEED a rebounder like Humphries at PF. And a promsing young guard on a rookie contract? What's not to love about that?

Four 28-30 picks are not good. Lopez on the max is not good, Humpries at all when we have Glenn Davis is not good. Brooks, I like. Its a terrible trade

ThunderousDemon
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM

That's a horrible deal for the Magic.

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM

More valuable picks, better prospects, and if they amnesty Scola, they can take the same amount, if not more contracts as BK.

At the same time we don't let BK form a superteam and he leaves the East (who knows how long for)

Also we save cap space, did you want to build around Lopez and Hump?

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:27 PM
More valuable picks, better prospects, and if they amnesty Scola, they can take the same amount, if not more contracts as BK.

At the same time we don't let BK form a superteam and he leaves the East (who knows how long for)

Also we save cap space, did you want to build around Lopez and Hump?

D12 isn't a Magic fan, he's a BK fan. So he doesn't care what Orlando builds around, he just wants Dwight in BK

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 03:28 PM
D12 isn't a Magic fan, he's a BK fan. So he doesn't care what Orlando builds around, he just wants Dwight in BK

I was just about to edit my post, forgot who I was talking to.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks of the deal, from now on the Magic have screwed themselves.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they somehow let him walk, seems impossible but at this point nothing is.

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks of the deal, from now on the Magic have screwed themselves.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they somehow let him walk, seems impossible but at this point nothing is.

I'd much rather let Dwight walk then take Lopez for the Max and take Humphries while we have Davis. With Lopez we might be a 12-14 pick. Letting Dwight walk, we become a 1-5 pick. Let Dwight walk, Hedo can be bought out, J-Rich's deal is done soon as is Duhon's and Redicks. Lose bad contracts that way and build through to draft with elite draft picks rather than mediocre to bad picks.

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 03:35 PM

lol Im not a Nets fan,I just want the Magic to trade Dwight so we can move on from this crap.

I personally think Atlanta is the best trade partner Horford/Teague for Dwight.

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
If you're a Magic fan, you wouldn't want to BK trade...period. No matter how much you want this to be over

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I'd much rather let Dwight walk then take Lopez for the Max and take Humphries while we have Davis. With Lopez we might be a 12-14 pick. Letting Dwight walk, we become a 1-5 pick. Let Dwight walk, Hedo can be bought out, J-Rich's deal is done soon as is Duhon's and Redicks. Lose bad contracts that way and build through to draft with elite draft picks rather than mediocre to bad picks.

Fine we let Dwight walk and get nothing in return,great idea.:rolleyes:

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
What realistically is the Houston deal...

Personally, based upon what i have seen it sounds like their assets fit better with what Orlando is trying to accomplish... especially if they can take back ALL of the **** contracts...

as a laker fan i find this disappointing ... but believe it is time to face reality

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Fine we let Dwight walk and get nothing in return,great idea.:rolleyes:

We let Dwight walk, we get his contract, Hedo's contract and Redicks contract off the books. Thats around 35 million dollars gone. I'd much rather lose those contracts than take on more **** ones in Lopez/Humpries, which would probably be like 25 mil, and still suck, but not suck enough to get good picks. And BK's picks are going to be *** anyways. And it doesn't give Dwight what he wants. Thats just gravy

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 03:40 PM
If you're a Magic fan, you wouldn't want to BK trade...period. No matter how much you want this to be over

OMG when did I say I prefer the BK trade,I said Houston offer is not that much better than the Houston deal.Yes Houston is the better deal but lets not act is if it's that much better than the BK deal.We trade with Houston we would be left with no center.

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:42 PM
What realistically is the Houston deal...

Personally, based upon what i have seen it sounds like their assets fit better with what Orlando is trying to accomplish... especially if they can take back ALL of the **** contracts...

as a laker fan i find this disappointing ... but believe it is time to face reality

Honestly, I would be ok with Houston's first, Toronto's first, Lamb and Martin for Dwight and J-Rich.

Dwight is gone so Orlando will suck. Top 5 pick. Toronto probably doesn't make the playoffs, another lottery pick. Dwight's back "still hurts" and he does try...Potential Lottery pick from Houston. We gain a good expiring contract with Martin, and we get a young SG with a lot of potential (I actually see a more athletic Reggie Miller in Lamb).

If that was the deal, I'd be ok with it

nickdymez
07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't have taken that deal either. But its funny to me how the magic think they have so much room to bargain.

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:44 PM
OMG when did I say I prefer the BK trade,I said Houston offer is not that much better than the Houston deal.Yes Houston is the better deal but lets not act is if it's that much better than the BK deal.We trade with Houston we would be left with no center.

It's a 1000% better man. We don't take on **** contracts first off, we get a hell of a lot better draft picks second off, and third, we gain the same amount of cap relief. All three very, very good aspects AND we get a SG who could be just like Marshon Brooks if not better. Sounds a lot better to me

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 03:44 PM

Toronto pick IMO 8-11 > Nets picks 20's
Orlando pick 1-5

Add the rookies the Magic would likely get in Lamb, White, Jones Parsons. Im sure it would be a combination of those players and not all.

When you add the draft picks, prospects, salary relief that Orlando gets from a Houston deal it's not even close to what the Nets offer is/was.

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Honestly, I would be ok with Houston's first, Toronto's first, Lamb and Martin for Dwight and J-Rich.

Dwight is gone so Orlando will suck. Top 5 pick. Toronto probably doesn't make the playoffs, another lottery pick. Dwight's back "still hurts" and he does try...Potential Lottery pick from Houston. We gain a good expiring contract with Martin, and we get a young SG with a lot of potential (I actually see a more athletic Reggie Miller in Lamb).

that isn't enough... you need 1 more young player (TJ) plus the protected first from Dallas that the Lakers sent Houston in the Fisher deal... That Toronto pick will be in the 7-10 range so i don't think it is worth as much as everyone thinks ... especially next year with such **** prospects coming out

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Toronto pick IMO 8-11 > Nets picks 20's
Orlando pick 1-5

Add the rookies the Magic would likely get in Lamb, White, Jones Parsons. Im sure it would be a combination of those players and not all.

When you add the draft picks, prospects, salary relief that Orlando gets from a Houston deal it's not even close to what the Nets offer is/was.

You're my new best friend because of what you said and because of the Brittany Snow sig :drool:

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't have taken that deal either. But its funny to me how the magic think they have so much room to bargain.

Not me,that's other Magic fans who think we can get a whole lot for Dwight.If I was gm I would make a deal with the Hawks for Horford/Teague.

jmoney85
07-12-2012, 03:54 PM

honestly this deal is crap and if baffles me that fans can be "ok" with this deal but call the nets deal crap

makes me smh

rapjuicer06
that isn't enough... you need 1 more young player (TJ) plus the protected first from Dallas that the Lakers sent Houston in the Fisher deal... That Toronto pick will be in the 7-10 range so i don't think it is worth as much as everyone thinks ... especially next year with such **** prospects coming out

I'm saying what I would be ok with. IMO anything more than that would be gravy. I want Dwight gone, and all of that what I said and what you said would be more than enough to get it done IMO, and I'd be a happy camper. Rebuild starts out with young players and cap relief, gain more cap relief after the year and get more young players. It doesn't get better than that

Stuckey#3
Orlando is playing this too close to the vest... They are lucky Dwight opted in this year.
If they don't trade him this off-season he is just going to walk and they get nothing out of the deal besides cap relief. No stars want to play in Orlando so they should take what they can get while they can. Unless they want to take there chances with the lottery... However they won't be able to draft the next D12... because we already got him (Drummond).

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
honestly this deal is crap and if baffles me that fans can be "ok" with this deal but call the nets deal crap

makes me smh

If that deals crap, then the Nets deal is baby diarrhea

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 04:00 PM
You're my new best friend because of what you said and because of the Brittany Snow sig :drool:
:)

Not me,that's other Magic fans who think we can get a whole lot for Dwight.If I was gm I would make a deal with the Hawks for Horford/Teague.

The new Orlando Magic GM comes from the OKC/Spurs mold from what I hear. Trading for a player like Lopez or Horford is useless if you're going to try and build through the draft. Such players will keep you semi-competitive and at the same time hurt your draft positioning.

Afterall, the Magic are in this situation because of toxic contracts they've accumalated, why would they turn right back around and do it again.

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 04:00 PM
If that deals crap, then the Nets deal is baby diarrhea

:laugh:

*Superman*
07-12-2012, 04:02 PM
:)

The new Orlando Magic GM comes from the OKC/Spurs mold from what I hear. Trading for a player like Lopez or Horford is useless if you're going to try and build through the draft. Such players will keep you semi-competitive and at the same time hurt your draft positioning.

Afterall, the Magic are in this situation because of toxic contracts they've accumalated, why would they turn right back around and do it again.

Yes. Thank you.

tr3ymill3r
07-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't think Orlando wanted Lopez and definitely not at max money. If you're going to suck, suck and be cheap don't pay a ton to suck. That's why Orlando is trying to unload Duhon, Turkoglu, and Richardson with Dwight. What I think you have to look at is the lottery picks from the Nets and Rockets. If Dwight goes to Brooklyn those picks will be terrible, but if he goes to Houston and walks like he says those picks will easily be top 3. If Houston gives up picks and recent draft picks gets Howard then loses him imagine an NBA team who doesn't win 5 games.

LOOTERX9
07-12-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't get orlando. they had 3 deals made available for dwight but yet the stalkers said no to all and now are trying to get howard to stay long term. Orlando looks desperate and creepy the way they are holding howard hostage. what other star in their right mind would want to go to that organization now?

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2012, 04:22 PM
The Magic screwed the Nets!

Bruno
07-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Damn, Brooklyn would have been so real with Howard/Williams/Wallace/Johnson/Richardson.

Bigbadmoffo
07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I Houston gives LAmb, Raps 1st and there 1st they'd be stupid! Howard won't resign and they'd be stuck with qrich ect and no building tools. I think the Houston thing was to try and raise the price for Howard or else it would be done.

Bigbadmoffo
07-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I say Howard and Cp3 will hit the free market next year. Question is who as the money to sign both?? Dalllas?

rapjuicer06
07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Then the Rockets and Lakers can do a three team deal. Boom, what do you have to say about that negitive Nancy?

jmoney85
07-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Humphries' contract was front-loaded and only guaranteed for the first year, so they could've waived him in the summer to clear up cap room.

Either way, the offer is terrible. Those first-round picks are nearly useless, though the cap space would've been nice. Still don't know why we're adamant about not receiving Marshon Brooks, but honestly, if Lopez was signed for $10M instead of the max and we obtained Brooks and maybe an extra first-round pick, I just might do it.

late 1st round picks are never useless if you have a good drafting GM

jmoney85
07-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I think he goes to houston and if they have no shot at him by the deadline they move him for a center that will stay

tr3ymill3r
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I think the 3 way with LA and Houston makes the most sense. Dwight to LA Bynum to Houston both resign bad contracts are split between the two Richardson and duhon to Houston Turkoglu and QRich to LA. The Orlando gets draft picks and young players to hope and rebuild with.

Bigbadmoffo
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey if Houston can get a guarantee that Bynum or Howard will resign then it's a good move. Without that though why would you trade your future when you can just try and sign one in free agency.

Lab Rat Robby
07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
i'd rent him in san antonio for sjax, splitter, bonner, blair, and picks

LOOTERX9
07-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I think the 3 way with LA and Houston makes the most sense. Dwight to LA Bynum to Houston both resign bad contracts are split between the two Richardson and duhon to Houston Turkoglu and QRich to LA. The Orlando gets draft picks and young players to hope and rebuild with.

No trade makes sense to Orlando! That's what yall are not realizing, Orlando does not want to trade Howard and are not serious bout these trade proposals. They are hoping Howard stays with their pathetic franchise. This has become a big joke now. Orlando just can't let go.

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't get orlando. they had 3 deals made available for dwight but yet the stalkers said no to all and now are trying to get howard to stay long term. Orlando looks desperate and creepy the way they are holding howard hostage. what other star in their right mind would want to go to that organization now?

Well said,im the only Magic fan who realize this.

ellisgw
07-12-2012, 04:55 PM
what does orlando expect
jeremy lamb, bynum and 3 lottery picks and teams taking bad contracts

LOOTERX9
07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Well said,im the only Magic fan who realize this.

you see it's easy to pick on the single athlete in this situation but reality is that orlando org is now making things worse. they are still asking howard if he wants to stay:facepalm: what the hell? orlando is looking real obsessive now. it's really disturbing

LOOTERX9
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
what does orlando expect
jeremy lamb, bynum and 3 lottery picks and teams taking bad contracts

they are too obsessed with keeping howard, that's the real issue. they never really planned on trading him, they just wanted to give the appearance to howard that they tried

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again...

If Orlando was offered DWade and LBJ for Dwight...they would wait overnight and come back the next day to Miami with a counter offer: D12 for LBJ, DWade, and Bosh. Then Miami would reject the trade and Orlando would have created all this news and talk and then get no deal done.

*Now obv that is a little extreme, but that is the way I feel the Magic are handling this. I really don't understand what the Magic FO is doing. We are past the point of getting the best value in a trade for D12, as time goes on, I think offers will become worse. I feel sorry for Orlando, because obv someone there is so stubborn that they think they own D12 and that they need some ungoldy amount of assets to trade him. I feel sorry for the Magic, because we are getting closer and closer to Shaq 2.0 where D12 signs elsewhere and the Magic get nothing in return.

On another note, I think D12 is getting bad publicity for no reason other than he's too nice to tell the Magic No means No, get value for me or I am gone in FA. Bynum might have his own attitude problems, but at least he has enough webos to tell a team FU I ain't signing with you. I actually think the Magic are trying to guild trip D12 into staying with Orlando because he would feel bad leaving the franchise in FA leaving them wiht nothing.

Lo Porto
07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
The Magic should have taken the deal. Lopez, Humphries and 4 picks are better than the chaos going on right now.

LOOTERX9
07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
The Magic should have taken the deal. Lopez, Humphries and 4 picks are better than the chaos going on right now.

you are correct. plus humphries and lopez are young players that can play ball. i think with both deron and joe johnson in bklyn these 2 players will be even better and get respect cause the team record will be better

Verbal Christ
07-12-2012, 05:22 PM
4 late first round picks do absolutely nothing for a rebuild.

Bornknick73
07-12-2012, 05:24 PM
I dont blame them for not including Marshon. I think that kid is gonna be a stud scorer in this league.

Bornknick73
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I think they are desperately trying to avoid Shaquille V. 2.0

D12 fan
07-12-2012, 05:28 PM

No they are trying to have another Shaq 2.0,the way the Magic are acting is if they want to keep D12 and let him walk in FA.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM

You would think so right? But last time I checked in order to avoid that you would have to actually agree to a trade...

Also, it is going to be very difficult to trade the best Center in the league and expect to get EARLY first round picks. I mean cmon people, any team that gets Dwight will not have the Bobcats winning pct from last year. And on top of that, the only teams that want to pursue Dwight are playoff teams (after obtaining Dwight).

So unless you can get a multiple team deal where some crappy team gives away picks and doesnt get Dwight in return ....then there are no Early first round picks for the Magic.

Maybe I should brush up my resume for the next Magic GM job. I may not be as smart as those guys, but I am surely more decisive.

LOOTERX9
07-12-2012, 05:42 PM
You would think so right? But last time I checked in order to avoid that you would have to actually agree to a trade...

Also, it is going to be very difficult to trade the best Center in the league and expect to get EARLY first round picks. I mean cmon people, any team that gets Dwight will not have the Bobcats winning pct from last year. And on top of that, the only teams that want to pursue Dwight are playoff teams (after obtaining Dwight).

So unless you can get a multiple team deal where some crappy team gives away picks and doesnt get Dwight in return ....then there are no Early first round picks for the Magic.

Maybe I should brush up my resume for the next Magic GM job. I may not be as smart as those guys, but I am surely more decisive.

this post is filled with so much common sense. lets just all agree that the Tragic are boneheads

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Haha boneheads for sure.

aztr0
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
The Nets final offer was rejected. I seriously doubt the Nets would end the talks if it was only about taking in Q. Rich. The Nets is the team that has gone after D12 feverishly and it is foolish to think that they'd stop at the 1 yard line... if it was ever that close.

ellisgw
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
4 late first round picks do absolutely nothing for a rebuild.

yes, it does its called trading picks to move up. with 4 picks you can easily to the lottery.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-12-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.poci.info/jpg1 论坛里面有谁懂汉语的吗?

ah, possibly but I'm not sure theyd go through with the trade.

SouthSideRookie
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
yes, it does its called trading picks to move up. with 4 picks you can easily to the lottery.

You're kidding right. Nets picks would be late first rounders. Just for reference the Rockets tried moving a combination of Lowry, 14, 16 iirc and they still didn't manage to move into the top 10. Regarding draft picks quality trumps quantity.