PDA

View Full Version : Sessions to the Bobcats

black1605
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Bobcats are finalizing a deal to sign Lakers free agent guard Ramon Sessions, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Nice pickup if the contract is right.

TeamSeattle
07-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell
Agent for point guard Ramon Sessions confirms Observer report of ‪#Bobcats‬' interest in signing Sessions.

aussie
07-12-2012, 01:30 PM
nb at all for Charlotte

Swashcuff
07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
I really hope the Bobcats don't overpay for Sessions.

MiamiBoy77
07-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Max

black1605

You and me both.

StarvingKnick22
Great move. But still doesn't get them near the playoffs

I Rock Shaqs
07-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Yeah cuz he really went there, because of their 'Winning' mentality. Maybe Jordan gave him lifetime free jordans.

Stunner
07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Walker gets less mins still

Chacarron
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
This means Augustin is gone.

Teeboy1487
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm still mad the Lakers gave up a 1st rounder just to let him walk.

black1605
07-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Walker gets less mins still

Augustin is out, we needed a second point guard. Sessions makes perfect sense regardless of who starts.

celtNYpatsHeels
07-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Goodbye Augustin

NYKnickFanatic
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
So if they also get Haywood, how do you see the Bobcats do this season?

nycericanguy
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM

I thought the Lakers were better off with Fisher for last year.

I never got the hype regarding Sessions, he's not a good PG at all IMO. Well below average. 5th team in 5 years now.

black1605
07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
So if they also get Haywood, how do you see the Bobcats do this season?

I'm really hoping we take a gamble on Oden.

BigBongTheory
07-12-2012, 01:45 PM

I never got the hype regarding Sessions, he's not a good PG at all IMO. Well below average. 5th team in 5 years now.

:rolleyes:

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 01:48 PM

I disagree. I think Sessions is one of the most undervalued PG's in the league.

Good pickup Bobcats fans - don't listen to the nonsense on here. It's a step in the right direction.

Carey
07-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Quality pickup for Charlotte, nice contrast to Kemba

club america
07-12-2012, 01:51 PM
so whats gonna happen augustin

black1605
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM
so whats gonna happen augustin

Pacers want him. I think with Sessions signing, we will probably pull our qualifying offer and he will be free to go.

Fresno
07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
So what happens with Kemba? Can't be much minutes for him to shine.

The Bobcats would now have Sessions & Kemba at PG, while Gerald Henderson & Ben Gordon are locked in at SG since they can't play any other positions.

black1605
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
So what happens with Kemba? Can't be much minutes for him to shine.

The Bobcats would now have Sessions & Kemba at PG, while Gerald Henderson & Ben Gordon are locked in at SG since they can't play any other positions.

Did you want to sign a scrub point guard to be the back up? This will breed competition at point guard, nothing wrong with that. May the best man win.

shep33
07-12-2012, 02:17 PM
I like Sessions. Good pick up for Charlotte.

L.ADreamz
07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
what the hell is michael jordan doing . Why would you go get another point guard when you clearly need a scoring big pf/c. that is the problem with some gms they dont let their young players improve they constantly have to get more and more therefore minutes wont be there for your young guys.i hope this means either D.J or kemba is being shopped for a scoring big cause this signing is ******** to me kemba will eventually be better then sessions and augustine

LTBaByyy
07-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Sessions is starting.

He said he is going somewhere to start to show his skills

He wouldn't sign with bobcats to be a back up

Great signing

lakerboy
07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
ARGH. I was hoping for a sign and trade, bringing back a pick to my Lakers

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 02:27 PM

He is about as good as Lin, maybe a bit better.

GoPacers33
07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
This means Augustin is gone.

Ya hopefully to the Pacers

torocan
07-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Nice pick up.

Should be interesting to see what other moves the Bobcats make.

lakerboy
07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
He is about as good as Lin, maybe a bit better.

He's as talented maybe, but Lin has more balls. Sessions choked in the playoffs big time.

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
he can keep the bench warm for kemba. wonder where augustin is headed?

LTBaByyy
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Sessions didn't choke in the playoffs!

Lakers told him to stop playing at a high tempo because they are a half court team

And Kobe took over as play maker, face it Lakers have never had a ball dominant PG

Kobe won't allow it, this Nash signing might be overrated UNLESS Kobe takes a tiny step back

Stunner
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Augustine should go to Houston

lakerboy
07-12-2012, 02:36 PM

Lakers told him to stop playing at a high tempo because they are a half court team

And Kobe took over as play maker, face it Lakers have never had a ball dominant PG

Kobe won't allow it, this Nash signing might be overrated UNLESS Kobe takes a tiny step back

Funny generalizations. Where you get these ideas?

Everybody was telling Sessions to be more aggressive in the playoffs. He averaged 6.5PPG.

shep33
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM

No he choked pretty bad. Posted great regular season numbers with LA

king4day
07-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I love this move. If they get Haywood too it will be a very solid off season for Charlotte. No bad enough to embarrass themselves like last year but not good enough to get a late lottery pick.

I don't know how they'll do this but my guess is:

Sessions
Henderson (to let Gordon rule the bench)
MKG
Haywood
Bizmack

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Kemba is not a PG

THE_FLASH_21
07-12-2012, 02:46 PM

wow your right.. i didnt even think of that.. Sucks for the Lakers!!

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
He's as talented maybe, but Lin has more balls. Sessions choked in the playoffs big time.

He didn't choke, he wasn't allowed to play his game.

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 02:49 PM
wow your right.. i didnt even think of that.. Sucks for the Lakers!!

The Lakers gave the 1st round pick so the Cavs would take Luke Waltons contract, a slot that has been filled by Nash.

fresh prince
07-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Hahahahaha spoken as fact!

In REALITY....Kobe took over the ball handling because Sessions was playing timid and not attacking the lane which is his game.. Ramon was a deer in headlights.

The Bobcats should be a great fit for him.

fresh prince
07-12-2012, 02:53 PM
He didn't choke, he wasn't allowed to play his game.

Have you ever played ball? You play your game at all times!! Its not like someone has a joystick up your back controlling you. When you're on the court you play your game within the role of the team. Sessions was told to attack and be aggressive repeatedly by Coach Brown Kobe et al. He just didn't do it.

Non one handcuffed the guy but himself. He's a talented dude, he just needs to play with more confidence. Going to the Bobcats will hopefully give him that chance.

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
The Lakers gave the 1st round pick so the Cavs would take Luke Waltons contract, a slot that has been filled by Nash.

:facepalm:

the lakers ****ed up in the sessions trade because they gave up the pick AND Puke's expiring...

you think a deal of

bynum/puke/1st rounder (look at who got took) for Howard/Jrich

wouldn't already be completed?

Mitch ****ed up simple as that... Lakers gave away two valuable assets to dump 2 contracts.... ****ing stupid

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Have you ever played ball? You play your game at all times!! Its not like someone has a joystick up your back controlling you. When you're on the court you play your game within the role of the team. Sessions was told to attack and be aggressive repeatedly by Coach Brown Kobe et al. He just didn't do it.

Non one handcuffed the guy but himself. He's a talented dude, he just needs to play with more confidence. Going to the Bobcats will hopefully give him that chance.

So the report where Ron Artest and the coach told Sessions to slow the pace down was false? I mean it came directly out of Ron's and Brown's mouth.

black1605
07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I love this move. If they get Haywood too it will be a very solid off season for Charlotte. No bad enough to embarrass themselves like last year but not good enough to get a late lottery pick.

I don't know how they'll do this but my guess is:

Sessions
Henderson (to let Gordon rule the bench)
MKG
Haywood
Bizmack

I don't see Haywood starting. I see Tyrus at the four, Bismack at the five. Tyrus isn't going anywhere, so he will at least get a chance to start. If not him, someone else we sign. I just don't see Haywood being a starter.

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 03:00 PM

the lakers ****ed up in the sessions trade because they gave up the pick AND Puke's expiring...

you think a deal of

Mitch ****ed up simple as that... Lakers gave away to valuable assets to dump 2 contracts.... ****ing stupid

If it was easy as you say they could have used the 1st rounders fron the nash trade and offered Bynum/2 1st rounders/McRoberts/Ebanks for Howard and JRich. Things don't work the way you like to think they do, if they did you would be working at a NBA front office and getting paid a good chunck of change, but you don't and you post ideas on PSD like the rest of us.

310Casper
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM

you think a deal of

id

JRich slept with Nash's ex wife. That is why Lakers cannot trade for jrich.

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 03:07 PM
If it was easy as you say they could have used the 1st rounders fron the nash trade and offered Bynum/2 1st rounders/McRoberts/Ebanks for Howard and JRich. Things don't work the way you like to think they do, if they did you would be working at a NBA front office and getting paid a good chunck of change, but you don't and you post ideas on PSD like the rest of us.

No... because the deal you just laid out doesn't get done in terms of salaries... and requires a S&T of ebanks... but hey... nice try... your knowledge of the CBA seems expansive..:rolleyes:

tell us again how nash took walton's slot... explain that one... last time i checked he was signed using the odom tpe and took sessions slot which is why sessions is gone...

bottom line... both deadline deals for the Lakers sucked ****... and no that is not hindsight or monday morning quarterbacking... i said at the time of the deal that they both sucked...

If you need links let me know...

On a side note... great analysis on Sessions playoff performance :rolleyes:

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
JRich slept with Nash's ex wife. That is why Lakers cannot trade for jrich.

really?

I heard it was the second gunman

Gritz
07-12-2012, 03:16 PM
4 years $24 mil probably lol

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM

No... because the deal you just laid out doesn't get done in terms of salaries... and requires a S&T of ebanks... but hey... nice try... your knowledge of the CBA seems expansive..:rolleyes:

tell us again how nash took walton's slot... explain that one... last time i checked he was signed using the odom tpe and took sessions slot which is why sessions is gone...

bottom line... both deadline deals for the Lakers sucked ****... and no that is not hindsight or monday morning quarterbacking... i said at the time of the deal that they both sucked...

If you need links let me know...

On a side note... great analysis on Sessions playoff performance :rolleyes:

Ebanks could have been a S&T player, he only signed a 1 year deal. Good try though.

The deadline deals were cost cutting moves, we all know that, but they got a guy in Sessions who was batter than Fisher and it showed they were willing to go for it last year with a PG upgrade. If they resign Hill, the Fisher trade and 1st round pick in that deal is worth it.

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Ebanks could have been a S&T player, he only signed a 1 year deal. Good try though.

that's it?

that is your response?

yeah... i guess Orlando would be all over a 1 year $4 million deal for ebanks:rolleyes:

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 03:27 PM
that's it?

that is your response?

yeah... i guess Orlando would be all over a 1 year $4 million deal for ebanks:rolleyes:

but they would have like Walton at 1 year 7 million better? Good job.

He115ing
07-12-2012, 03:49 PM
couldn't lakers have kept him?

homestarunner93
07-12-2012, 04:00 PM
what the hell is michael jordan doing . Why would you go get another point guard when you clearly need a scoring big pf/c. that is the problem with some gms they dont let their young players improve they constantly have to get more and more therefore minutes wont be there for your young guys.i hope this means either D.J or kemba is being shopped for a scoring big cause this signing is ******** to me kemba will eventually be better then sessions and augustine

Yeah, obviously the Bobcats shouldn't sign any other PGs. Let Kemba play 48 MPG. That is a recipe for success right there.

Gibby23
07-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah, obviously the Bobcats shouldn't sign any other PGs. Let Kemba play 48 MPG. That is a recipe for success right there.

I don't think the bobcats know what that is.

Bruno
07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
to back up Kemba? anything more than the mini-mle for a backups role would be highway robbery by the sessions camp.

nyKnicks126
07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
He is a good PG.. just has been on a lot of teams in the last couple of year.. Bucks, Cavs, Lakers, now Bobcats..

Fresno
07-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Did you want to sign a scrub point guard to be the back up? This will breed competition at point guard, nothing wrong with that. May the best man win.

I thought they would've learned from the Felton/Augustin situation.

Why draft a PG that high to assumingly be a Star if you're only going to get another PG to hold back their development by splitting minutes with them.

THE MTL
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
From the lakers to the bobcats. I guess sessions was done playing behind anyone.

fresh prince
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
So the report where Ron Artest and the coach told Sessions to slow the pace down was false? I mean it came directly out of Ron's and Brown's mouth.

Yes largely false.. Sessions was encouraged to run but with the 2nd unit. Matt Barnes in for Ron and MC Roberts or Hill in for Bynum/ Gasol.

Most importantly he was explicitly given a green light to be aggressive and attack the paint. Which he did in spurts but he really regressed in the post season.. That was all mental not a matter of skill.

Being strong willed is just as much a part of NBA success than someone's talent level. I expect big things from Sessions in Charlotte with virtually no pressure.

fresh prince
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM
couldn't lakers have kept him?

He had a player option which he declined. Making him a FA

He Chose to leave the spotlight to ball in obscurity and get more $$.. You have to respect a guy for that.

homestarunner93
07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't think the bobcats know what that is.

I can tell you that Kemba Walker playing 48 MPG is not one.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
He had a player option which he declined. Making him a FA

He Chose to leave the spotlight to ball in obscurity and get more $$.. You have to respect a guy for that.

So basically you're saying he's the exact opposite of Lebron James.

black1605
07-12-2012, 05:48 PM
So basically you're saying he's the exact opposite of Lebron James.

He's also from South Carolina, so this is a homecoming of sorts. So yes, the anti-Lebron.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Haha dang it really is the polar opposite of LBJ.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Dont get the move. Looks like the Bobcats might have just paid sessions to be a backup pg

Gritz
07-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Funny generalizations. Where you get these ideas?

Everybody was telling Sessions to be more aggressive in the playoffs. He averaged 6.5PPG.

They did tell Sessions to stop pushing the tempo because Bynum and Gasol couldn't get up and down the court, the only person that would consistently run with him was Matt Barnes, and what it's made out to be is they were the goats of the playoffs for the Lakers

Beantownsboss
07-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Maybe the cats will get 20 wins this year.

black1605
07-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Not worthy of it's own thread at this point, but:

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell
Exclusive: The #Bobcats are re-engaged in acquiring Kris Humphries to upgrade their power forward spot, an informed source tells Observer.

Sessions, Humphries, MKG, and possibly Haywood would make for a very successful offseason.

Cimos21
07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Not worthy of it's own thread at this point, but:

Sessions, Humphries, MKG, and possibly Haywood would make for a very successful offseason.

The best player of that bunch has never played in the NBA before...

Bornknick73
07-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Thats too bad. I really think Sessions is a quality player. Too bad he'll spend another year or more in purgatory. It would have been nice to see him stay in LA and win for a little while.

black1605
07-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Sessions' deal is for two years. Still no dollar amount.

fresh prince
07-12-2012, 06:31 PM
No offense but if you were from South Carolina would you ever really want to go back?

marj987
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=480874238607772&set=a.367811313247399.97794.367810133247517&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

I Rock Shaqs
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM

There's No WAY you didn't do that on purpose LMAO.

black1605
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
No offense but if you were from South Carolina would you ever really want to go back?

People who are from there tend to love it. I however am from Charlotte, and I'm thankful to be twenty minutes north of the boarder of South Carolina.

Ryan328
07-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Is it a sign n trade?

black1605
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Is it a sign n trade?

No.

fresh prince
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Yea Charlotte is cool.. The few times I've been to NC every one rags on SC as like the arm pit of the south. Maybe thats just a rivalry thing?

I cant imagine South Carolina sucks more than Arkansas?

Giannis94
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM

lin didnt? Oh thats right, Lin didnt play because he was only "85%". In other words he didnt want to lower the potential offer someone might pay him.....

kblo247
07-12-2012, 07:51 PM
No in other words why play when you don't even know you would have bird rights? In other words why risk your long term health for a short handed team when you had already been on multiple teams and on a guaranteed minimum deal? Lin and him aren't similar. Sesssions just was scared shitless

I disagree. I think Sessions is one of the most undervalued PG's in the league.

Good pickup Bobcats fans - don't listen to the nonsense on here. It's a step in the right direction.

It isn't nonsense to say he isn't a starting caliber pg.

He got exposed horribly
- cant make post entry passes
- cant play in the half court
- scared to shoot when the game isn't opened up
- cant defend drive, post ups, shooters, or fight through picks

Fisher in his 15mins of playoff ball for OKC gave more. Blake was better. It wasn't a matter of just being a deer in headlights, he lost his nuts period in the postseason. Then he had the gall to opt out on the same team who shipped Ofom and Pau out after one bad postseason following 3 finals runs and two titles. He also reportedly didn't want to be a backup, and then singed on to be one for the worst team in the league for money.

I mean Sessions literally had Kobe and Ron covering for him on D more than grandpa Fish ever did last season, and to top it off Pau and Andrew grew so frustrated from him not maintaining the pace or controlling tempo with his erratic passing and being blown by that they went to the coaches and asked for Kobe to run the offense again and didn't deny it to the press. I mean say that to your say LA has got killed by pnr for years with Fish and Farmar, but Pau and Andrew got tired of seeing him being blown by and always having to help on top of him not being able to get them the ball when forced to grind out games