PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe, Durant and LeBron could have made the Dream Team...?

RaiderLakersA's
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
If Kobe, Durant, and LeBron were around and did make the original Dream Team, who would have been sent packing, assuming that they were replacing players at the same position? Larry Bird? Clyde Drexler? Magic? Scottie Pippen???

You choose. Give me your '92 Dream Team with Kobe, Durant and LeBron added to the mix. And then tell me what basketball squad -- in the NBA or otherwise all time -- could beat them.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2012, 11:00 AM
In durant, Lebron and Kobe.

Out, Pippen, Laettner and Mullin.

Wich means durant WOULDNT make it because if pip wasnt there Jordan was out ( the reason worhty , wilkins, thomas were snubbed, there where other reasons with thomas tough).

theheatles
07-12-2012, 11:00 AM
laetner, drexler and bird

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Clyde, Karl and Christian Donald Laettner would be taken off (if this team was allowed to have 12 NBA players instead of 11 NBA players and 1 amateur). I was only three when the Dream team played in the olympics but, from everything I've read/watched, even though Magic and Larry were past their primes there was no chance they were going to be taken off of the team.

The Monstars could probably give this new team a run for their money.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
laetner, drexler and bird

Nope, one of the reasons MJ said yes to the whole ordeal of playing with the dream team after initially turning the committee down was because his elder statesmen and the guys who were willing to pass the torch to him, Magic and Bird, committed. So both of those guys (Magic & Bird) were already shoe-ins.

Chronz
07-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Magic wasnt past his prime, the dude just got aids. He wasnt as great as he used to be but he was still in his prime.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Magic wasnt past his prime, the dude just got aids. He wasnt as great as he used to be but he was still in his prime.

Pure ignorance right there Chronz, you should know better.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Bird due to him having such back issues, Mullin is an obvious choice, Durant can replace his shooting, and then you remove any other wing/guard for LeBron.

I do disagree that those 3 are the only ones that had a chance to make the team, but whatever.

celtNYpatsHeels
07-12-2012, 11:14 AM
If Kobe Durant James were in....

Laettner, Mullin, Bird (due to age/injuries)

JerseyPalahniuk
07-12-2012, 11:15 AM
take out Pippen, Bird, Mullen (have to have a college player)
Not sure why everyone's talking about OH jordan wouldn't have played if Pippen/Bird out... if we're letting LEBRON and DURANT play on 92 team we can use our imagination and think Jordan would still play can't we?

PG: Gary Payton
SG: Reggie Miller
SF: Scottie Pippen
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Bill Russell/Hakeem

Bench:
Hakeem/Bill (whoever's not starting)
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain
Dwight Howard
Grant Hill
Jerry West
Dwayne Wade
Ray Allen - not on other players level but to space out floor
Isiah Thomas

Kevin Garnett, etc. I don't think it's impossible to formulate a squad to beat that team

Note: I took out Pippen instead of Drexler to make the "build a team that can beat it" easier haha. If I can't then I would put a younger more athletic KG at 3 (he came in the league saying that's what he wanted to play more like)

RaiderLakersA's
07-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Bird due to him having such back issues, Mullin is an obvious choice, Durant can replace his shooting, and then you remove any other wing/guard for LeBron.

I do disagree that those 3 are the only ones that had a chance to make the team, but whatever.

I'm with you there, but I thought I'd keep it simple and just go with Barkley's opinion on this thread.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm with you there, but I thought I'd keep it simple and just go with Barkley's opinion on this thread.

probably easier to do it that way haha

Chronz
07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Pure ignorance right there Chronz, you should know better.

What? HIV and Aids are part of the same disease. As if its some sort of insult to forget between the 2. LOL

As if someone would get butt hurt if instead of saying they had head cancer that they had neck cancer. Atleast then its a different area.

Rocketsfan85
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Drexler Mullins and laettner

Durant could've been the college kid lol

RaiderLakersA's
07-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Not sure why everyone's talking about OH jordan wouldn't have played if Pippen/Bird out... if we're letting LEBRON and DURANT play on 92 team we can use our imagination and think Jordan would still play can't we?

Yes, definitely. Take out all other considerations and setting aside internal politics, let's assume that all of the original Dream Team players can be picked for your squad.

(Although I confess that I did laugh when someone implied that if Jordan didn't play there wouldn't have been a Dream Team. Are you kidding me??? Add Kobe, LeBron and Durant to the rest of the squad, with or without Pippen, with or without Bird, with or without Jordan, and you STILL have a Dream Team. It would be a phenomenal lineup no matter how you look at it. Adding Jordan just makes it irrefutably better beyond a shadow of a doubt.)

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM
What? HIV and Aids are part of the same disease. As if its some sort of insult to forget between the 2. LOL

As if someone would get butt hurt if instead of saying they had head cancer that they had neck cancer. Atleast then its a different area.

Wrong!

HIV can develop into AIDS. The retrovirus is what causes the HIV, but when the immune system gets totally effed up and the body can't fight off the retrovirus or any other infections, gradually it develops into AIDS. HIV you can live with....AIDS is terminal.

It's a misnomer that it's part of the "same disease".

RaiderLakersA's
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Wrong!

HIV can develop into AIDS. The retrovirus is what causes the HIV, but when the immune system gets totally effed up and the body can't fight off the retrovirus or any other infections, gradually it develops into AIDS. HIV you can live with....AIDS is terminal.

Truth!

JerseyPalahniuk
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Wrong!

I'm sure he didn't mean it in a derogatory sense though.

But back on topic. What do you guys think about my team's chances? I just put players off the top off my head - the wing/guard positions need a bit of adjustment but I think the big's are dominant.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2012, 11:31 AM
the other question is.

Would a late 60s Dream team ahve been better than the 92 or the 08 team?

Selectable players , Oscar, Goodrich, West, Havlicek, Kc Jones,Baylor, Barry, Thurmond, Wilt, Russell.......some ncaa players like Kareem, Hayes, Wes Unseld, Dr J ,Archibald....

Pierzynski4Prez
07-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I would put in Lebron and kobe, while removing Laettner as the most obvious one, followed by Mullin. People are listing Pippen as being out, but I'm on the fence about removing Pippen for Durant. Not knocking on Durant whatsoever, but he is just a pure scorer, which wasn't exactly required on the 92 team. I'd rather have Pip's defense in that situation. If you had to have Durant though I think Drex would be the next one to go.

dh144498
07-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Wrong!

LOL ownage. :clap: