PDA

View Full Version : What If: Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh had joined with Lebron James in Cleveland?

Dawgpound3
07-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Would of Lebron been as criticized as the way he is in Miami? Or would the backlash would been different?

nickdymez
07-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Not at all.. Thats most of my problem with him. Superstars dont leave their team to join other superstars unless they are saying that the other superstar is the "man" (Wade).

mjm07
07-12-2012, 08:36 AM
He made the right decision. No point in D-Wade/Bosh to go to Cleveland over Miami.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 08:39 AM
less backlash for lebron
maybe more for wade?
definitely still alot of backlash due to the formation of a super team

phoenix_bladen
07-12-2012, 08:42 AM
way less backlash

wade for sure would get hated and bosh the same but it doesn't matter

what matters is the best player of the 3 didn't go to any other star's team

if lebron stayed in cleveland he would still be loved by his own fans i think his rep would be a lot better

if he'd win a ring like he did this year there would be talk about how the city of cleveland finally won a ring and that small market teams can survive and attract stars if u have one because lebron attracted wade and bosh and that lebron was so powerful he was able to lure every star to play for the team. it would have been the cavs vs the thunder .... 2 small market teams that are playing for the ring it .

and he'd be the chosen one he'd be loved in sports and in cleveland forever

instead cleveland is now a **** hole and small market teams feel like they can't compete.... maybe lockout 2011 wouldn't have happened if lebron stayed in cleveland.

aztr0
07-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Less backlash? More like no backlash. Do you ever see any backlash for Wade? No.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Not at all.. Thats most of my problem with him. Superstars dont leave their team to join other superstars unless they are saying that the other superstar is the "man" (Wade).

That's ridiculous. They are saying, "hey, my team is inept, therefore I am going somewhere that gives me a chance to win". Just because someone leaves in free agency doesn't mean they are a coward. Happens every year, all the time. It's just amplified when it's a superstar.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
He would get less backlash from the general NBA fans, no doubt.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Cleveland would have just won the Championship.

I think there would be a lot less hate going around. Wade isnt nearly the player the Lebron is, so Wade joining Lebron wouldnt have the same effect IMO. Bosh is still Bosh, a very good player that left Toronto. I suppose people still wouldnt want the team to win, but I dont think that it would have created the media marvel that was the Miami Heat.

NYKnickFanatic
07-12-2012, 08:55 AM
I actually wouldnt have had a problem with it and wouldnt hate LeBron.
I was mad when he left Cleveland and how he did it, but I think Im over it.
I hated LeBron for what he did and pretty much all last season but its whatever now.
I ****ing hate the Heat, but I cant lie, I actually did smile when I saw LeBron raising that trophy.
LeBron will go down as one of the greatest players to ever play the game, he deserves to win, just hate that its with the Heat. :mad:

StarvingKnick22
07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Same result different team that's all

JWO35
07-12-2012, 09:00 AM
It would be the opposite of what it is now...Wade would be the one hated, while LeBron would be considered the master mind.

StarvingKnick22
07-12-2012, 09:02 AM
What if they joined up in Toronto with Chris Bosh? Different result different team. People wouldn't bandwagon the raps and we all know its true. But where does ray Allen go to?

NYY09
07-12-2012, 09:04 AM
way less backlash

if lebron stayed in cleveland he would still be loved by his own fans i think his rep would be a lot better

if he'd win a ring like he did this year there would be talk about how the city of cleveland finally won a ring and that small market teams can survive and attract stars if u have one because lebron attracted wade and bosh and that lebron was so powerful he was able to lure every star to play for the team. it would have been the cavs vs the thunder .... 2 small market teams that are playing for the ring it .

instead cleveland is now a **** hole and small market teams feel like they can't compete.... maybe lockout 2011 wouldn't have happened if lebron stayed in cleveland.

That's a nice thought.

Have you considered at all the possibility of what the Cavs would have needed to do to facilitate that? and how long it would take to put together the cap room without destroying the franchise? Besides, franchises are companies, some are better to work for than others.

But yeah, you're probably too busy working on the unified field theory to bother with such minor details...

koreancabbage
07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I think Cleveland would have won in its first year (since James was already comfortable in his surroundings)

But i don't think the Cleveland GM would have been smart about it anyways. Trying to clear cap space (i.e. getting rid of all those contracts it had with Lebron)

so going to Cleveland was not an option anyways for Wade or Bosh. Maybe one of them but not both at the time.

JWO35
07-12-2012, 09:13 AM
What if LeBron took his talents to Ohio State instead of the NBA in '03 :speechless:

StarvingKnick22
07-12-2012, 09:31 AM
What if LeBron took his talents to Ohio State instead of the NBA in '03 :speechless:

Syracuse would kick *** as usual and either darko or Melo would be the first pick

torocan
07-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Definitely less backlash.

It's easier to swallow going to play with the #1 player than the #1 player leaving to play with someone else.

They would still get criticism for the super team of course.

Still, it would have been FAR less painful.

Wade/Bosh are media savvy. There is NO way that they would have done a ESPN special....

I think the real turning point wasn't Lebron leaving, it was HOW he left. Leaving the Cavs and rubbing it in with the TV special, then his 2/3/4... nonsense.

If Lebron had just kept his mouth shut and quietly left, then NOT been so arrogant in his interviews, I think ALOT fewer people would hate him, and those that did hate him would not hate him nearly so much.

Lebron + Dwight = how NOT to leave your team...

Dawgpound3
07-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I think if Cleveland knew that they were going to get Dwyane Wade and Bosh they would of cut/traded Jamison, flat out released J.J. Hickson, etc.
That's what would had to happen in order to get my potential scenario to happen and that's basically what the Heat did to get Bosh, James, and Wade to fit on their team salary wise.

celtNYpatsHeels
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Less backlash (unless he still was going to do "the decision") but he still would have taken the easy way out by joining Bosh and Wade.

theheatles
07-12-2012, 10:12 AM
cleveland never had a chance, they had money committed to too many scrubs and they didn't have pat riley

theheatles
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM
I think if Cleveland knew that they were going to get Dwyane Wade and Bosh they would of cut/traded Jamison, flat out released J.J. Hickson, etc.
That's what would had to happen in order to get my potential scenario to happen and that's basically what the Heat did to get Bosh, James, and Wade to fit on their team salary wise.

Varejao makes more than Mike Miller and Haslem combined and they still had Mo Williams too. They never had a chance, ever. Also, Wade said not for a second did he consider going to cleveland

mark1125
07-12-2012, 10:56 AM
less backlash for lebron
maybe more for wade?
definitely still alot of backlash due to the formation of a super team

I agree that Lebron would not be hated if things went that way. I will go as far as to say if he stayed and won with those guys in Cleveland, he would be one of the most popular players.

Only way Wade would have been ripped is if he did what LeBron did (drama, specials, pre championship parties, not 1 not 2....). if he just signed, I think only Miami fans would have hated.

They still would have gotten backlash, but not as much unless the made it a circus like they did in Miami.

Honestly, I don't even hate Miami for the "super team". Any team that had the flexibility to sign the 3 would have done the same. I just didn't care for the drama and hype that surrounded it. Sadly, that is a part of today's media.

Gritz
07-12-2012, 11:13 AM

But Lebron did go to another star's team

RLundi
07-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Probably no backlash for Wade. Everyone worships him for whatever reason. Bosh would still be seen as an afterthought. But people would still find a way to bash LeBron somehow, though probably not to this degree.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
What if they joined up in Toronto with Chris Bosh? Different result different team. People wouldn't bandwagon the raps and we all know its true. But where does ray Allen go to?

of course they would bandwaggon the raptors.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
He made the right decision. No point in D-Wade/Bosh to go to Cleveland over Miami.

Homer much?

Dawgpound3
07-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I think he wasn't being a homer. I think he was pointing out Lebron made the right decision anyway, because he finally won a ring w/Miami.

rockbottom2010
07-12-2012, 11:41 AM
dan gilbert is an ***

naps
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Says who?

naps
07-12-2012, 11:53 AM
LeBron made the most correct decision of his life coming to Miami. There is no question about it. 2 years in Miami, 2 finals appearances, 1 title, 1 league MVP, 1 finals MVP. He didn't accomplish anything in 7 years in Cleveland that could compete against last 2 seasons.

And what's the parameters of this thread? Cleveland never had any shot of getting Wade and Bosh. Pat Riley's brain would eat Danny Ferry alive in a second. There's only Don in the NBA and that lives in South Beach.

mark1125
07-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I think he wasn't being a homer. I think he was pointing out Lebron made the right decision anyway, because he finally won a ring w/Miami.

That is peachy and all, but the thread had nothing to do with if he made the right decision.

mjm07
07-12-2012, 12:06 PM

:clap:

I can't defend the way he left Cleveland cuz i would've been pissed. Had wade and bosh gone to Cleveland instead, LBJ wouldn't be receiving half the hate he gets now.

mark1125
07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
LeBron made the most correct decision of his life coming to Miami. There is no question about it. 2 years in Miami, 2 finals appearances, 1 title, 1 league MVP, 1 finals MVP. He didn't accomplish anything in 7 years in Cleveland that could compete against last 2 seasons.

And what's the parameters of this thread? Cleveland never had any shot of getting Wade and Bosh. Pat Riley's brain would eat Danny Ferry alive in a second. There's only Don in the NBA and that lives in South Beach.

It is called a "hypothetical" thread. They OP just asked if you would have felt differently had LeBron stayed put and Wade/Bosh joined him there. It wasn't a "did he make the right decision" or lets have another Miami circle jerk thread.

nickdymez
07-12-2012, 12:13 PM
That's ridiculous. They are saying, "hey, my team is inept, therefore I am going somewhere that gives me a chance to win". Just because someone leaves in free agency doesn't mean they are a coward. Happens every year, all the time. It's just amplified when it's a superstar.

inept teams dont win 60 something games a year buddy

mjm07
07-12-2012, 12:15 PM
It is called a "hypothetical" thread. They OP just asked if you would have felt differently had LeBron stayed put and Wade/Bosh joined him there. It wasn't a "did he make the right decision" or lets have another Miami circle jerk thread.

My apologies Thread Police. :crazy:

mark1125
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
My apologies Thread Police. :crazy:

People need to actually READ a thread before randomly changing the topic. Is it really that hard?

naps
07-12-2012, 12:20 PM

You expect a LeBron thread to stay strictly on topic? People would still hate him because either he's too good than others or he didn't pick their teams.

nickdymez
07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
You expect a LeBron thread to stay strictly on topic? People would still hate him because either he's too good than others or he didn't pick their teams.

Your 15 for thinking that.

Max.This
07-12-2012, 12:23 PM
The only difference is that the HEAT fans on psd would be Cavs fans

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 12:24 PM

:laugh2:

naps
07-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Your sentence doesn't make any sense. What's "your 15"? Try again.

mjm07
07-12-2012, 12:25 PM
People need to actually READ a thread before randomly changing the topic. Is it really that hard?

I read it correctly, friend. I simply decided to not reply hypothetically. You disagreed with it. I apologized. Lets move on. :hi5::cheers::love:

zB_#85
07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
they would have been less hated and probably have 2 championships right now instead of 1.

Please let the record show that I'd still hate them though :)

mark1125
07-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I read it correctly, friend. I simply decided to not reply hypothetically. You disagreed with it. I apologized. Lets move on. :hi5::cheers::love:

It's all gravy dude. :cheers:

zB_#85
07-12-2012, 12:36 PM
The only difference is that the HEAT fans on psd would be Cavs fans

:laugh:

and the 10 true Heat fans would be irate that D-Wade left. They would despise the very same ideas they defend currently; superteams, recruiting, etc...

tbone2171
07-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Would of Lebron been as criticized as the way he is in Miami? Or would the backlash would been different?

Cleveland didn't have the cap space to pull it off.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
:laugh:

and the 10 true Heat fans would be irate that D-Wade left. They would despise the very same ideas they defend currently; superteams, recruiting, etc...

obviously thats not saying much everyone would act similarly if put into the same situation.

MarkieMark48
07-12-2012, 12:47 PM
It would have never happened, cavs would have brought in Adam Morrison and Sheldon Williams and said thats enough help for Lebron.

They would still be criticized, Lebron wouldn't be as much as he is now because it would have been on his original team. I think a lot of "hate" comes from the pep rally, mainly Lebrons "not 1, not 2....." speech, so it would depend on how those events would have taken place in Cleveland.

Zefflin
07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Then Lebrons career wouldn't be ruined...lol

Stinkyoutsider
07-12-2012, 12:52 PM
If there was no "the decision", no one would be hated, regardless of where they ended up. Lebron kept it a secret for so long that everyone thought they had a chance to sign him. If he told the Cavs that year he wasn't coming back, the Cavs could have dealt him and got something back in return and the fans wouldn't hate him...

theheatles
07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
If there was no "the decision", no one would be hated, regardless of where they ended up. Lebron kept it a secret for so long that everyone thought they had a chance to sign him. If he told the Cavs that year he wasn't coming back, the Cavs could have dealt him and got something back in return and the fans wouldn't hate him...

no, the cavs thought they were title contenders, they weren't going to blow that team up

Da Knicks
07-12-2012, 12:56 PM
If the espn decision and the pep rally would happen i think they would get about only 50% of the hate. Going to Miami is a big part of the reason since most of the fans are just really bad dont make it to the game and talk mad crap. Riley being there is also a big part laker and knick fans just hate that guy, to top it off a very arrogant vibe of the whole team. Cleveland would of being the good story, a city who couldnt win gets lead by the native son to a title, small market team wins. Daniel Snyder not winning anything is the only positive out of all this...

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Then Lebrons career wouldn't be ruined...lol

its not, thats just what his haters say to make themselves feel good.

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Thank God that didnt happen Cleveland doesnt want a championship that way, its always been about doing it the right way. From within, in the draft not bunch guys in love with each other wanting to play with each other. When it happens in Cleveland it will be earned by great roster moves, collecting picks signing the right guys. Miamis Championship this year is about as bogus a ring as you can get horrid officiating, playing bunch kids in backpacks about to **** themselves in the big lights of the Finals. Short season and injured teams. Bradley doesnt get hurt or rose and its different story, Im glad they got one so can stop hearing about it cause they wont get another especially since they cant add anyone but old broken down Vets. Cause they had to do the buddy system and get three contracts they cant afford to get any help. And those guys arent gonna take less money they wanna be rich superstars on the cover of magazines and on shoe commercials they arent gonna jeopardoze that to win basketball titles.

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Its like Miami won and its old news draft comes and whatever. it didnt mean **** it wasnt done right. The guy lef this home town to take the easy way out, they were expected to win so its not even news. Imagine how it is If he takes his city to championship. Can you see how it would be if he kept his promises and brought Cleveland a title and done it with class and the right way could you imagine how big a deal it would have been. It would still be the big news on ESPN they wouldnt even care about Howards whining on ESPN main story would be CHosen one delivers to a city that loves him and a city he loves. It would have been about the right way to do it, and it would be huge news, but no one cares because it was no big deal. Miami wins big deal its over lets get to draft who cant win signing 4 hall of famers lol. Trust me more people will be talking about them losing next yhear to the Celtics in the playoffs then are talking about this win because Boston has made all the right moves making good picks in draft, making good FA pickups. Boston will win it next season.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:07 PM
thank god that didnt happen cleveland doesnt want a championship that way, its always been about doing it the right way. From within, in the draft not bunch guys in love with each other wanting to play with each other. When it happens in cleveland it will be earned by great roster moves, collecting picks signing the right guys. Miamis championship this year is about as bogus a ring as you can get horrid officiating, playing bunch kids in backpacks about to **** themselves in the big lights of the finals. Short season and injured teams. bradley doesnt get hurt or rose and its different story, im glad they got one so can stop hearing about it cause they wont get another especially since they cant add anyone but old broken down vets. Cause they had to do the buddy system and get three contracts they cant afford to get any help. And those guys arent gonna take less money they wanna be rich superstars on the cover of magazines and on shoe commercials they arent gonna jeopardoze that to win basketball titles.

trolololol

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Its like Miami won and its old news draft comes and whatever. it didnt mean **** it wasnt done right. The guy lef this home town to take the easy way out, they were expected to win so its not even news. Imagine how it is If he takes his city to championship. Can you see how it would be if he kept his promises and brought Cleveland a title and done it with class and the right way could you imagine how big a deal it would have been. It would still be the big news on ESPN they wouldnt even care about Howards whining on ESPN main story would be CHosen one delivers to a city that loves him and a city he loves. It would have been about the right way to do it, and it would be huge news, but no one cares because it was no big deal. Miami wins big deal its over lets get to draft who cant win signing 4 hall of famers lol. Trust me more people will be talking about them losing next yhear to the Celtics in the playoffs then are talking about this win because Boston has made all the right moves making good picks in draft, making good FA pickups. Boston will win it next season.

done crying?

StinkEye
07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
He would definitely get less backlash, and that's what's funny about this whole thing. The team would be (somewhat) the same, but guys would treat LeBron differently because he didn't leave. Fans and the media could care less about what is accomplished on the court, they talk about LeBron's legacy as if it's tarnished because of where he now plays.

... with all this said, there's no ****ing way that Gilbert could have landed Wade and Bosh. Look at the overripe garbage that he surrounded LeBron with for years. Gilbert didn't deserve to resign LeBron.

Also, I'm surprised that Howard is making himself look so awful these days. You would think that he would have learned at thing or two from how the media handled LeBron's departure from Cleveland.

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
No you act like care the guy left Cleveland, your a moron to believe that he did it the right way? And this is the same league it was from creation to the 2000s. Its losing all credability got guys falling down everytime someone drives to basket. I wasnt a Lebron fan in the first place I always thought he stould around and quit in games. I was happy to see the guy go I love Irving Id take that guy anyday over Lebron. Watch him this season before you laugh or just watch Olympic basketball practice he looks like he is in aleague by himself.

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Why are people Haters because they dont like Lebron and his Antics? So you can do everythign the rworng way show no loyalty to your city, your word, etc Take the easy way out and go play with your buddies cause you cant get it done alone and people that dont like that way of doing things are haters. So let me guess Dwight Howard people who hate how hes ruining a franchise and trying to be all over the news they are Haters to? I swear people are morons looking for a easy way out all the time.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
No you act like care the guy left Cleveland, your a moron to believe that he did it the right way? And this is the same league it was from creation to the 2000s. Its losing all credability got guys falling down everytime someone drives to basket. I wasnt a Lebron fan in the first place I always thought he stould around and quit in games. I was happy to see the guy go I love Irving Id take that guy anyday over Lebron. Watch him this season before you laugh or just watch Olympic basketball practice he looks like he is in aleague by himself.

irving is great i love him but you're acting like a women scorned lmao i guarantee you were worshiping the ground lebron walked on when he was in cleveland but you will deny it to no end so lets just move on.

MarkieMark48
07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Thank God that didnt happen Cleveland doesnt want a championship that way, its always been about doing it the right way. From within, in the draft not bunch guys in love with each other wanting to play with each other. When it happens in Cleveland it will be earned by great roster moves, collecting picks signing the right guys. Miamis Championship this year is about as bogus a ring as you can get horrid officiating, playing bunch kids in backpacks about to **** themselves in the big lights of the Finals. Short season and injured teams. Bradley doesnt get hurt or rose and its different story, Im glad they got one so can stop hearing about it cause they wont get another especially since they cant add anyone but old broken down Vets. Cause they had to do the buddy system and get three contracts they cant afford to get any help. And those guys arent gonna take less money they wanna be rich superstars on the cover of magazines and on shoe commercials they arent gonna jeopardoze that to win basketball titles.

I'm pretty sure none of the 3 have max deals.

MarkieMark48
07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
irving is great i love him but you're acting like a women scorned lmao i guarantee you were worshiping the ground lebron walked on when he was in cleveland but you will deny it to no end so lets just move on.

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing :clap:

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:34 PM
No I couldnt stand Lebron when he was in CLeveland tlaking about how he wanted be richest and most famous guy in the world, standing around at the 3 point line if he didnt have the ball in hand, throwing the jersey down after the game he blew in Boston showing no respect for the Wine and Gold I knew he was gone and was glad, fakign injuries to have a cop out like when he tried shoot one hand against boston to have a jordan moment and blew the shot then acted like his arm was hurt he always does that stuff he did it this Finals with his leg hes not Jordan quit trying to outdo him Jordan did it with whoever Chicago brought in , He didnt go looking to play with Stockton and Malone or Hakeem And Barkley or most of All MJ, Green, Worthy, Thompson, Scott the showtime Lakers he beat those guys. So you all are telling me this dude is a man like Jordan because he pile dup his butt buddies and beat up a bunch of scared kids in backpacks, about to **** themselves in the finals?

StinkEye
07-12-2012, 01:34 PM

English isn't your first language, right?

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
This league is a joke your in denial or you didnt see basketball when it was good. It has to be one or the other. Every trip down the floor someone is falling on thier *** or flailing thier arms in the air like they got fouled what a joke. Not to mention the officiating you cant blame how bad it is with out the acting. And then these trades like Paul and Howard. And this draft rigging your kidding yourself if you think this league is on the rise.

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
AMn I dont give a **** about spelling and vocab on a forum Mr Stinkeye this aint coll or junior high im making a point to get on with whatever else I have to do Im not gonna sit and proofread **** so some dude who thinks hes smart can say you spelt this wrong I dont care men dont care about forum vocab and spelling. thats girly ****

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
No I couldnt stand Lebron when he was in CLeveland tlaking about how he wanted be richest and most famous guy in the world, standing around at the 3 point line if he didnt have the ball in hand, throwing the jersey down after the game he blew in Boston showing no respect for the Wine and Gold I knew he was gone and was glad, fakign injuries to have a cop out like when he tried shoot one hand against boston to have a jordan moment and blew the shot then acted like his arm was hurt he always does that stuff he did it this Finals with his leg hes not Jordan quit trying to outdo him Jordan did it with whoever Chicago brought in , He didnt go looking to play with Stockton and Malone or Hakeem And Barkley or most of All MJ, Green, Worthy, Thompson, Scott the showtime Lakers he beat those guys. So you all are telling me this dude is a man like Jordan because he pile dup his butt buddies and beat up a bunch of scared kids in backpacks, about to **** themselves in the finals?

the one hand shot was against the bulls i believe, and if you didn't like lebron than why are you writing long essays about your fantasy of lebron returning to cleveland in the CAVS forum? yeah i checked your posting history.

StinkEye
07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
AMn I dont give a **** about spelling and vocab on a forum Mr Stinkeye this aint coll or junior high im making a point to get on with whatever else I have to do Im not gonna sit and proofread **** so some dude who thinks hes smart can say you spelt this wrong I dont care men dont care about forum vocab and spelling. thats girly ****

your posts are giving me a ****ing headache. you used a period once. I can hardly make out what you're trying to say. It's annoying as **** to attempt to read your posts.

If grammar is girly, congrats on being the manliest dude in this forum.

bucketss

dude calm down he just asked a question. You remind me of my passive aggressive girlfriend.

carlessyen
wasnt my fantasy i dont want it to happen im saying thats the only way he ever untarnishs his legacy. I dont want him there and I dont think Cavs management would as well. I never said omg I hope he comes back, I said they are doing it right and if he would return hed be in a better situation to win, and it would be looked on differently i never said oh please bring your easy way out *** back to Cleveland

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
wasnt my fantasy i dont want it to happen im saying thats the only way he ever untarnishs his legacy. I dont want him there and I dont think Cavs management would as well. I never said omg I hope he comes back, I said they are doing it right and if he would return hed be in a better situation to win, and it would be looked on differently i never said oh please bring your easy way out *** back to Cleveland

Why do you write so much essays about him than? time to let him go no?;)

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Shes prob biPolar like me and i know im manliest man on here you dont have to tell me . My NBA players didnt flop wed put you on your ***, thats like the dream team and Kobes **** about this team would win ya right theyd win flop war. No one in the league even can post up anymore let alone has a hook shot. Ewing, Bird, Magic, Barkley etc would knock these young dumb kids on thier *** a few times have them scared as hell then take them to school downlow

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
kyrie is probably out there the first chance he gets

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Shes prob biPolar like me and i know im manliest man on here you dont have to tell me . My NBA players didnt flop wed put you on your ***, thats like the dream team and Kobes **** about this team would win ya right theyd win flop war. No one in the league even can post up anymore let alone has a hook shot. Ewing, Bird, Magic, Barkley etc would knock these young dumb kids on thier *** a few times have them scared as hell then take them to school downlow

meaning one day you loved lebron than the next you couldn't stand him? correct? and no shes not bipolar shes just a huge *****

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:47 PM
i answered a question on a forum like i do about every sports topic i dont just answer lebron posts **** that dude, he needs to get some rogaine and some pride. A man does what he says hes gonna do, he doesnt say one thing do another i know alot of you young kids dont know about that **** cause its a diff time its way easier but i promise you a mans word used to mean somethign I swear

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Id say Irving probably is now if playing with those guys in the olympics rubs off on him, if they install some easy way out into him, but I dont think hes listening right now hes to busy taking them to school at practice

StinkEye
07-12-2012, 01:49 PM

I love the old days of the NBA too, but how are they your players?

JordansBulls
07-12-2012, 01:50 PM

No. He is criticized because he didn't to go play with a top 3 player that is a proven winner in his prime in that player's city/franchise.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:53 PM
i answered a question on a forum like i do about every sports topic i dont just answer lebron posts **** that dude, he needs to get some rogaine and some pride. A man does what he says hes gonna do, he doesnt say one thing do another i know alot of you young kids dont know about that **** cause its a diff time its way easier but i promise you a mans word used to mean somethign I swear

why do you care? you wanted him gone anyways right?

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Cause thats what im a fan of not this **** i watch now its a joke liek your local team is your team those dudes were my dudes. Price, Mj, Stockton, Malone Karl and Moses , Bird, Wilt, etc those cats got down on the floor they didnt get down on the floor by flopping. I watched and loved all these Cats. This league now is a joke. Free Agency and dudes wanting to be hollywood and hip hop destroyed this league. Quit trying to be a star and be a star on the floor. Dont take the easy way out, take your team somewhere on your own. Be a man all im saying i dont want Lebron in Cleveland think what you want I want no part of that Hollywood **** goin on in Miami that aint mens basketball Id rather watch the WNBA then that ****.

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
There wouldn't have been all the hate, that is for sure. And they would have won last year and this year, because they would also have a center and a point guard.

mjm07
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
the one hand shot was against the bulls i believe, and if you didn't like lebron than why are you writing long essays about your fantasy of lebron returning to cleveland in the CAVS forum? yeah i checked your posting history.

ZING! :laugh::laugh:

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Look at those 3 nerds in your sig wanting to be hiphop moguls

mjm07
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Look at those 3 nerds in your sig wanting to be hiphop moguls

What else do you see? :laugh:

MarkieMark48
07-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Why are people Haters because they dont like Lebron and his Antics? So you can do everythign the rworng way show no loyalty to your city, your word, etc Take the easy way out and go play with your buddies cause you cant get it done alone and people that dont like that way of doing things are haters. So let me guess Dwight Howard people who hate how hes ruining a franchise and trying to be all over the news they are Haters to? I swear people are morons looking for a easy way out all the time.

Nobody can get it done alone

Fnom11
07-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Would've been different but he'd still get a lot of flack over needed Wade/Bosh. Dumb people will always be dumb.

StarvingKnick22
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
How come these guys from 2010 with less than 1000 post are causing problems?

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2012, 04:17 PM
A whole lot Less hate for LeBron, same for Bosh, new hatred for Wade. Although, Wade would not be hated as much as LeBron is now for joining Miami. LeBron would be hated by ppl who hated him before, but that's about it. I think overall, there would be less hate just because although Wade is great, not as great as LeBron, so for him (wade) to leave wouldn't be as bad as LeBron to leave.

Raph12
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
What if Dwight and CP3 split the MLE to play with the Heat?... Throwing out "what if's" that don't have a shot in hell of happening is pretty useless.

Dade County
07-12-2012, 05:55 PM
way less backlash

WTF! Miami is a small market team...

No one was calling Miami a mid market team before Lbj and Bosh came to the HEAT. When tim hardaway & Zo was leading the HEAT, did anyone call this team a big or mid market? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two small market teams did go to the finals, and both small market teams have stars on them; they just had a different way of building their team.

So much blind hate... :facepalm:

If the espn decision and the pep rally would happen i think they would get about only 50% of the hate. Going to Miami is a big part of the reason since most of the fans are just really bad dont make it to the game and talk mad crap. Riley being there is also a big part laker and knick fans just hate that guy, to top it off a very arrogant vibe of the whole team. Cleveland would of being the good story, a city who couldnt win gets lead by the native son to a title, small market team wins. Daniel Snyder not winning anything is the only positive out of all this...

So you can be happy for one small market team but not another? Blind Hate.

dodie53
07-12-2012, 06:17 PM
wade would be hated

Bornknick73
07-12-2012, 06:22 PM
LeBron would have been as beloved as he was during the CLE days maybe more so. Wade already won Miami a title so he owed them nothing and Bosh is well....Bosh.

Im sure the result would be the same. James and Wade would win no matter where they went. The hate is all about how it went down. The colluding during the olympics, all 3 signing the same length deals, the traveling circus, leading teams by the nose etc, etc.

Lebron just didnt go about things right. Listening to his peeps was a dumb idea. He should have just manned up and been honest.

"I gave this city my whole life up till this point, I want to stretch out and go somewhere else. Get what you can get for me, I wont be coming back. But thank you for everything youve done for me and I wish you luck in the future".

Instead of the decision he could have had a 1 hour special documenting all the wonderful memories he gave to the city of Cleveland, from high school on up. Tell them they will always be in his heart and how much he loves them and boom.....

None of this ever happens.

We want our athletes to have integrity and loyalty, even though we all know its a disloyal business. He betrayed those things which is where all the hate stemmed from.

Bornknick73
07-12-2012, 06:24 PM
And nobody in Tor cared about Bosh that much.

I Rock Shaqs
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
What IF.........

THE MTL
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Miami wasnt even a "big" market until lebron came there. It would be the same story in cleveland

THE MTL
07-12-2012, 06:43 PM
It wouldnt have been lebron criticized. It would be wade in this case

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Miami wasnt even a "big" market until lebron came there. It would be the same story in cleveland

Miami is still a small market.

LionsFan..LOL
07-12-2012, 07:01 PM

We would have Wade or Bosh instead or Darko. Also I'd have a lot of reasons to hate him since I'm a Wolverines fan :D

The hate LeBron has gotten would definitely be less significant. There will always be people who disliked him but not to this extreme. The Cavaliers would have been champions at some point and Miami fans would hate Wade the way Cavs fans hate LeBron.

TrueFan420
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't know did wade do a one hour special on where he's gonna take his talents

passittome
07-12-2012, 08:32 PM
lebron - would be loved. he would be the hometown kid who recruited his friends to play alongside him. king of cleveland fairytale ending. we are all witnesses.

wade - won a ring for the heat and was great as the only option for the heat pre-lebron. he had some personal things going on and were ideas of him leaving the heat for bulls. i think miami would forgive him since he delivered a ring already and they could understand him leaving miami to be closer to his kids in chicago. (closer distance ala nash?)

bosh - he would still scream like he was trying out for 300 and give himself an r kelly shower. but seriously wasn't a pf a big deal in clevland fa? i remember them trying to bring in amare but he didn't want to join because lebron wouldn't sign the extension.

williams, wade, james, bosh, big z? not sure about the contracts but I'm sure that cleveland would also get the fill in fa that come along with signing the big names. (mike miller, ray allen, r. lewis, etc.)

Dawgpound3
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM
I understand why Cleveland felt angry at the time but looking back, I understand that it wasn't Lebron's fault that he left. It was mainly Dan Gilbert's doing. Had he put a competent GM in place, and didn't feel pressure to instantly build the team thru FA and built it through the draft instead, I'm sure Lebron would of won a ring in Cleveland. But Lebron left Cleveland and the rest is history as we know it.
http://www.sportstalknetwork.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/LeBron-James-NBA-Champion.jpg

ink
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM

Oh really hawk? You know better than this. How often has there ever been a free agency class come together like it did in 2010? How often has arguably the best player in the league quit on his team? I can think of Shaq, and that's after he was pissed off by the fan reaction in Orlando as he was about to become a FA. At the time, Shaq leaving Orlando was noted by EVERY journalist as something of a first. Yes, there were others, Barkley is one. But never did two of the prime FAs work out an agreement with a third player like DWade two years prior to free agency. It doesn't happen every year. It may now but it certainly didn't before. In the past free agents that joined strong teams were typically role players sought after to fill a certain need -- Robert Horry, Michael Finley, etc. Let's not confuse the two VERY DIFFERENT types of players -- superstars in their prime, with role players catching on later in their careers with a contender.

ink
07-12-2012, 10:18 PM
In answer to the OP: the feedback would be a lot more positive if Lebron, arguably the league's best player, hadn't quit on his team. That is really all that matters in this situation. It is extremely rare to see elite players quit to go join other elite players rather than being COMPETITIVE and wanting to create something yourself. It's the difference between instant gratification and working for it.

rockbottom2010
this is will never go down......dan gilbert ****ed everything up

rockbottom2010
Miami is still a small market.

with one of the richest owners in the nba....that makes it even better for the trio to re-sign

ink
07-12-2012, 10:20 PM
And nobody in Tor cared about Bosh that much.

We were relieved he didn't get offered a max deal and hoop the franchise for 5 years. As we've seen, he's been fantastic as a 3rd option but he was not a franchise player.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
with one of the richest owners in the nba....that makes it even better for the trio to re-sign

top 6 richest owners are all owners of small market teams.. well the nets aren't small market anymore they're first

Kyben36
07-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Lebron never gave a slight hint that leaving his home town team ( Acron and Cle arnt that far away, dont give me he didnt grow up there, I live in Lake in the HIlls IL still say im from Chicago)

bucketss
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Lebron never gave a slight hint that leaving his home town team ( Acron and Cle arnt that far away, dont give me he didnt grow up there, I live in Lake in the HIlls IL still say im from Chicago)

he didn't and he hated Cleveland growing up.

Vee-Rex
07-13-2012, 01:57 PM

LOL you're naive. People will bandwagon ANY super team. There weren't nearly as many Heat fans posting regularly on the forums before July 2010 as there are now.

All these UMAD fans would be reppin' Toronto right now if LBJ and Wade joined Bosh there. Toronto Raptors, 2012 NBA Champions U MAD? lol purple and pink baby!

bucketss
07-13-2012, 01:59 PM
LOL you're naive. People will bandwagon ANY super team. There weren't nearly as many Heat fans posting regularly on the forums before July 2010 as there are now.

All these UMAD fans would be reppin' Toronto right now if LBJ and Wade joined Bosh there. Toronto Raptors, 2012 NBA Champions U MAD? lol purple and pink baby!

purple & pink! u madd story up fam stylll ehhhhhhhhhh:dance:

phoenix_bladen
07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
But Lebron did go to another star's team

I'm talking about if wade and bosh joined Lebron instead

phoenix_bladen
07-13-2012, 02:08 PM
That's a nice thought.

Have you considered at all the possibility of what the Cavs would have needed to do to facilitate that? and how long it would take to put together the cap room without destroying the franchise? Besides, franchises are companies, some are better to work for than others.

But yeah, you're probably too busy working on the unified field theory to bother with such minor details...

Of course because as the title suggestions what if they joined him in cleveland? Not " what would it have taken for Cleveland to have acquired wade and bosh?"

But since u wanna act like a smart *** cap genius why don't u tell me ?

TylerSL
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Lebron would still get a ton of hate, lets be real here. Not as much as he did for leaving, but people will still say he needed a top 3 player and another top 20 player to win championships. Wade would probably get the most hate, but people would still hate on Lebron for only winning when he has 2 other top 20 players on his team.

Beantownsboss
07-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Obviously not. But no way would Wade or Bosh go to Cleveland.

Ebbs
07-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Less back lash for sure.

That being said who would rather play in Cleveland over Miami lol.