PDA

View Full Version : Elton Brand to Mavs?

Raps Insider 12
07-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Source: Elton Brand hoping to be claimed by the Mavericks. Story up soon on NBA.com.

https://mobile.twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/223253222595362816

Mr.B
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
e'll be a solid backup for Dirk and will be really cheap for 1 year. If it wasn't for the lenth of the contract I would rather have Scola.

gotoHcarolina52
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
The Dallas Mavericks will make a "very aggressive bid" for Elton Brand in the amnesty waiver process, a source close to the situation told ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan on Wednesday.

The Philadelphia 76ers have used their amnesty clause on the 6-foot-8 Brand, making him eligible for teams under the salary cap to put in bids. Whichever team places the winning bid will earn Brand's services and will pay that amount off the $18.2 million he's owed next season, the final year of his contract.

By virtue of using the amnesty clause on Brendan Haywood and agreeing to a one-year deal with fellow center Chris Kaman, the Mavs have a substantial amount of cap space to make a strong bid for Brand.

"(The Mavs) are going to save Philly a lot of money," the source said.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8158221/source-dallas-mavericks-aggressively-pursue-elton-brand

Don't know if Scola being amnestied would affect the Mavs' interest in Brand.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Cuban rebounding well and building a nice contender...............for the 8th seed

Young2Kinsler
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Brand would be a nice piece. Can play C against a lot of teams, or spell Dirk at PF. Could easily see 26-30 minutes a game.

Patrick Ewing33
07-11-2012, 11:37 PM
whata day for the mavs.

LTBaByyy
07-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Great day for Mavs :dance:

Glen20
07-11-2012, 11:39 PM
guess he doesn't want to win

Mr.B
07-11-2012, 11:41 PM

Let me guess!! Milwaukee?

marj987
07-12-2012, 12:01 AM

Nice sig.....but at the same damn time stfu.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Cuban rebounding well and building a nice contender...............for the 8th seed

Hey troll, I got a question for you. Who do you sleep with around here to get away with baiting and instigating fights in every thread?

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Nice sig.....but at the same damn time stfu.

well do you honestly see the mavs as a championship contender?

marj987
07-12-2012, 12:04 AM

Why are you still trolling? You won last week! Just cause Deron signed with you guys you can talk **** now?

Jesus go find a hobo to suck off, please?!

marj987
07-12-2012, 12:05 AM

No, but that doesn't make them losers.

Shareeb_omac2
07-12-2012, 12:06 AM

Well the year they beat the Heat no one thought they would make it out of the first round...

So it doesn't matter what "you" think.

Iceman_9
07-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Nice pickup for the mavs..

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:07 AM
No, but that doesn't make them losers.

did i say 'losers'?
i said, i guess he doesn't want to win [a championship]. if your definition of 'loser' is anybody who doesn't win a championship, then 29 teams are losers every year. But it is you who is saying that. I'm simply saying there are better teams out there that offer a better shot at a 'ship (if he clears waivers)

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2012, 12:12 AM
did i say 'losers'?
i said, i guess he doesn't want to win [a championship]. if your definition of 'loser' is anybody who doesn't win a championship, then 29 teams are losers every year. But it is you who is saying that. I'm simply saying there are better teams out there that offer a better shot at a 'ship (if he clears waivers)

But....every single person on earth who works in basketball has said Brand won't clear waivers, so it's not like the guy really has a choice. So to say he doesn't want to win is just an ignorant, backhanded comment.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 12:15 AM
did i say 'losers'?

That is the definition of a Loser, in NBA layman's terms...If you don't win it then you......ARE STILL A WINNER :facepalm: NOT

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:20 AM
That is the definition of a Loser, in NBA layman's terms...If you don't win it then you......ARE STILL A WINNER :facepalm: NOT

idc about the definition. just know i didnt call them losers

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 12:22 AM
idc about the definition. just know i didnt call them losers

If you don't win a championship what does that make you?:confused:

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM

a team who didn't win a championship...:confused:

marj987
07-12-2012, 12:25 AM
did i say 'losers'?

Did I say you called them losers? You asked were they contenders for a ship and I said no they Probably wont win the championship this year, but that doesn't make them losers as well.

But it doesn't matter cause if you don't win a championship that makes you a loser right?

DRose7
07-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Alot of estrogen in this forum

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Did I say you called them losers? You asked were they contenders for a ship and I said no they Probably wont win the championship this year, but that doesn't make them losers as well.

But it doesn't matter cause if you don't win a championship that makes you a loser right?

fine if you wanna call your team losers, then call them that. i honestly dont care about anything else in this forum other than brand's destination.

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Mavs have replaced Kidd and Terry with Kaman, possibly Brand, Dahntay Jones and Darren Collinson...Mavs are bigger, younger and a lot better defensively and have great cap flexibility for the future.....

Avenged
07-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Brand & Kaman back together? Mavericks are trying to be the Clippers of old :p

good thing they have Dirk :phew:

StephenP
07-12-2012, 12:59 AM
fine if you wanna call your team losers, then call them that. i honestly dont care about anything else in this forum other than brand's destination.

Brand's destination will be whoever puts in the highest waiver bid. Since only teams under the cap can put in amnesty bids, I don't think he will be going to a "contender". It doesn't matter what he wants.

b@llhog24
07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Hey troll, I got a question for you. Who do you sleep with around here to get away with baiting and instigating fights in every thread?

:laugh2:

Just curious, is Bill Russell the GOAT?

Alot of estrogen in this forum

Such a manly post. :clap:

Cracka2HI!
07-12-2012, 01:12 AM
This makes sense and if the Mavs pull it off they can be tough this year. Were they a favorite the year they won it? They have a lot of solid guys and Dirk. That's what they had last title. Don't get me wrong I don't think they are winning it but the jokes over. With their recent moves and especially if this one goes down they will have to be dealt with.

marj987
07-12-2012, 01:26 AM

I didn't cal them losers that was the whole point of the post can't you read?

And as I stated if you don't win a ship don't that make you a loser? This is a whole new year, we can't just call a team a loser yet.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 01:32 AM
I didn't cal them losers that was the whole point of the post can't you read?

And as I stated if you don't win a ship don't that make you a loser? This is a whole new year, we can't just call a team a loser yet.

and as i stated, by going to the mavs, he wont be winning

marj987
07-12-2012, 01:34 AM
and as i stated, by going to the mavs, he wont be winning

...........HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THE SEASON HASN'T STARTED YET?

So if he was going to the Heat or any other team he'd win?

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 01:34 AM
:laugh2:

Just curious, is Bill Russell the GOAT?

Such a manly post. :clap:

not at all, your point?

Glen20
07-12-2012, 01:39 AM
...........HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THE SEASON HASN'T STARTED YET?

So if he was going to the Heat or any other team he'd win?

i get your point, and i admire your positive outlook, so im just going to stop posting in this thread

marj987
07-12-2012, 01:40 AM
i get your point, and i admire your positive outlook, so im just going to stop posting in this thread

Lol quit the act dude you know damn well you wanna troll.

b@llhog24
07-12-2012, 02:31 AM
not at all, your point?

I don't know but you just seem like one of those "winning the ship is all that matters" type guys. :shrug:

Dirkie
07-12-2012, 03:33 AM
This makes sense and if the Mavs pull it off they can be tough this year. Were they a favorite the year they won it? They have a lot of solid guys and Dirk. That's what they had last title. Don't get me wrong I don't think they are winning it but the jokes over. With their recent moves and especially if this one goes down they will have to be dealt with.

Dallas still doesn't have the D impact and leadership of TC to compare to that team that won,stil we have a great OFF C ,good DEFF pf/c,and mostly a young pick and roll guard,with a few more clever moves we could suprise a few people

AnthonyTyrael
07-12-2012, 06:43 AM
We can compete... if chemistry is working and guys are taking their own work ethics seriously. Not like last year with Odom, a Lazy Dirk and Kidd and so on... it's not all cause of the shortened season and the loss of some key players.

The material we had was good enough, even went unlucky against OKC quiet a few times but failing quiet a few times is another hint for missing quality or work ethics. Either way you can't win a championship, lose players and present yourself the way (and in some cases in the shape) you did for most of the season. Add some coaching mistakes and that's it what basically went wrong. Plus, nevertheless you gotta admit that others were simply better. Period.

If you call us losers or not, doesn't matter. How will you call a franchise loser or winner anyway? Teams and teammates are changing constantly. Some players on our roster are proven winners if you're talking about winning championships others aren't but in a single game all or most have proven that they can decide a game. Due to defense, a steal, block or a three at the right time or whatever.... so in each and every player is to some degree a loser and winner. I wouldn't call Barkley, Malone nor Stockton losers... Not Amare, not Tracy, not the Answer... winning together, losing together, sticking together.

mark1125
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Lol quit the act dude you know damn well you wanna troll.

The dude has over 900 posts in less than a month. He is a Heat bandwagon fan so unless you want to slurp Bron nut with him and the mods, he will troll all day every day.

tcav701
07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
The dude has over 900 posts in less than a month. He is a Heat bandwagon fan so unless you want to slurp Bron nut with him and the mods, he will troll all day every day.

Winning.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
ahh yess the butthurt has arrived
you guys make me laugh :p
i love this forum

go back to discussing about next year's draft for the pistons and the celtics :p

Abel Ye
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
i love this forum

go back to discussing about next year's draft for the pistons and the celtics :p

How did you just join last month and have almost 1k posts. I applaud you :clap:

Glen20
07-12-2012, 09:03 AM
how many days does amnesty wire last?

tcav701
07-12-2012, 09:13 AM
how many days does amnesty wire last?

You need to get laid mate.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
You need to get laid mate.

im a devout catholic so whilst i do have a girlfriend i will not be doing that

tcav701
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM
im a devout catholic so whilst i do have a girlfriend i will not be doing that

Cant be mad at that.

BJs are better anyways.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Cant be mad at that.

BJs are better anyways.

you know, there are better ways of articulating an argument that attacking the person making them.
Not once have i attacked the people in this thread; only their arguments. If they wish to take it personally that i said the Mavericks aren't contenders, then they shouldn't go to a forum where teams are analyzed before a season begins.

tcav701
07-12-2012, 09:29 AM
you know, there are better ways of articulating an argument that attacking the person making them.
Not once have i attacked the people in this thread; only their arguments. If they wish to take it personally that i said the Mavericks aren't contenders, then the anguish on their heads.

How can people not attack you when a quick glance would tell someone you are a bandwaggon heat fan looking down on the rest of the league.

1,000 posts in a month which just so happens to coincide with heat's title reign is awfully suspicious to say the least.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
How can people not attack you when a quick glance would tell someone you are a bandwaggon heat fan looking down on the rest of the league.

1,000 posts in a month which just so happens to coincide with heat's title reign is awfully suspicious to say the least.

if by bandwagon you mean i started following the heat when shaq moved there, then yes i bandwagonned
if by joining a website that i stumbled upon that so happened to coincide with the Heat's championship is bandwagonning, then yes i bandwaggoned
Idc what you say about me as a person, but please don't think you have a right to attack someone because of when they joined a forum or because of the team they follow
i also happen to be a kings fan that started following them recently, but i guess because that team isn't successful or that you don't hate the team, its okay not to mention them in your hate rants

oh and notice how most of your posts are just you complaining about the team i follow or about how the refs screwed your team over or about how someone is a bandwagoner....
you do know it's just a game right?

Glen20
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM

also, i find it kind of "suspicious" that a celtics fan joined in 2008, the same year they won
dude, stop already with the accusations. You know its because you hate so irrationally considering whats at stake is a game

tcav701
07-12-2012, 09:54 AM
also, i find it kind of "suspicious" that a celtics fan joined in 2008, the same year they won
dude, stop already with the accusations. You know its because you hate so irrationally considering whats at stake is a game

How would someone that joined last month know that I am a Celtics fans?

I almost never make homer remarks or boast about the Celtics.

I also know that I have not revealed who I root for in the past month so one would think your old PSD name read about my fanhood.

ElChinoLatino
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
LMAOO people need to chill with their Haterade. I guess Dallas's recent moves are making them nervous.

mark1125
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
i love this forum

We all can't be frontrunners. Some folks stick with their team through the good and bad. Others prefer to sign up after "their" team wins a title and look down on the rest of the league.

keetyweedy
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Lmao at heat fans im tired everybody thinking there just on some other planet like be real outside of the big 3, Rio & maybe battier the heat is trash, now whenever another team makes a decent acquisition all you hear from heat fans is "he wont win there" or "he must don't want a championship" like come on dude y'all big 3 did lose they're first appearance in finals so don't sit there and act like y'all got it in the bag! Okc will come back better, Boston will come back better, LAL will come back better! Get off your high horse when you when 3 or 4 yrs straight then yea maybe then you talk *******, but until then shut up you have 2 rings in 6 yrs THAT IS NOT A DYNSTANY

Toxeryll
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
wow a lot of player movements, i like it

dodie53
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
nice pickup.
a back up to dirk

Avenged
07-13-2012, 12:20 AM
LMAOO people need to chill with their Haterade. I guess Dallas's recent moves are making them nervous.

:ohno: