PDA

View Full Version : Antawn Jamison Potential Sign-and-Trade

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Sam Amico: Sources confirm Cavs & Nets have talked sign-and-trade involving Antawn Jamison. Story: http://tinyurl.com/c79wr46

According to several tweets from Yahoo Sports, the Cavs have had discussions about sending veteran forward Antawn Jamison to the Nets in a sign-and-trade transaction.

....However, the Nets were unable to consummate the rumored deal for the Magic’s Howard, which would sent forward Kris Humphries, cash, a first-round pick and several others to the Cavs. Instead, the Cavs supposedly backed out, keeping Howard with the Magic (for now) and Lopez as the Nets’ most valuable big man.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:01 PM
good backup

Weezy
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Good pick up, wonder who Nets would be giving up?

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Good pick up, wonder who Nets would be giving up?

I'm guessing somethin centered around Humphries.

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
We'd be STACKED

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I bet it's a 1 or 2 year deal

THE MTL
07-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Can the Nets resign Humphries?....just wondering.

Bulls_fan90
Check out the Bold print

The bold print is referencing what the Cavs would have gotten in the rumoured Dwight deal. Has nothing to do with the current trade...

Nice Ninja edit ;)

THE MTL
We'd be STACKED

Your front court is defenseless. Jamison and Lopez?

asap_simba
If the cavs can get some picks out of it than they might as well go through with it. Otherwise they should just let him walk

Aust
07-11-2012, 11:08 PM
We'd be STACKED

How many wins are you predicting?

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Yep most likely a deal centered around Humphries. Jamison is a good back up, but not if it cost them Humphries. Humphries is a very bad defender, but his rebounding was absolutely neccessary for the Nets. Though maybe Humphries wasn't willing to re-sign with the Nets so they at least got something for him.

Patriotsfan97
07-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I think that was based on Dwight deal. And it'd have to be for Humphries. They can't afford Humphries anymore, only vet min and he won't take that.

BigBongTheory
07-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Nets make playoffs but not much more than that.

waveycrockett
Yep most likely a deal centered around Humphries. Jamison is a good back up, but not if it cost them Humphries. Humphries is a very bad defender, but his rebounding was absolutely neccessary for the Nets. Though maybe Humphries wasn't willing to re-sign with the Nets so they at least got something for him.

He'd be a good starter he averaged 17 and 6 last year. Thats nice production. Nothing crazy but definitely starters production. And HUMP will go with the money if we offer it he will take it he's just not worth it.

DoMeFavors

Melo and Amare suck at defense also. Doesnt mean that their offense wont do well.. on Most nights that front court would outscore their opponent anyway.

sharqstealth
07-11-2012, 11:12 PM

Jamison is not a natural PF, Lopez is not a legit rebounder. Lame frontcourt.

waveycrockett
I think that was based on Dwight deal. And it'd have to be for Humphries. They can't afford Humphries anymore, only vet min and he won't take that.

We have Humphries bird rights we could offer him way more than the vet min.

DoMeFavors

Yes they can!

They have his bird rights

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Jamison is not a natural PF

Funny coming from Knicks fan:D

sharqstealth
07-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Melo and Amare suck at defense also. Doesnt mean that their offense wont do well.. on Most nights that front court would outscore their opponent anyway.

That's why we got Tyson and Camby! Oh wait hold your tongue, you haven't gotten Jamison yet, it might end up like you thought you got Howard in the bag...

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:18 PM
He'd be a good starter he averaged 17 and 6 last year. Thats nice production. Nothing crazy but definitely starters production. And HUMP will go with the money if we offer it he will take it he's just not worth it.

Humphries TRB% was 18.3% this season and 22% the season before. Jamison's was 10.8% last season and 11.7% the season before. These numbers are pretty ****ing bad for a starting PF. Jamison is also a horrendous defender.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Humphries TRB% was 18.3% this season and 22% the season before. Jamison's was 10.8% last season and 11.7% the season before. These numbers are pretty ****ing bad for a starting PF. Jamison is also a horrendous defender.

Sounds alot like another Starting PF that plays in NY. Anyway Humphries can only rebound and is a terrible defender in his own right. Jamison is better he can do more things on the offensive end and we have Evans to grab boards.

Patrick Ewing33
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
We'd be STACKEDstacking money are what the nets are stacking

sharqstealth
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Funny coming from Knicks fan:D

Even funnier coming from a Nets fan! Lat year he avg 6.3 rebounds, good luck with your PF!

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:23 PM
That's why we got Tyson and Camby! Oh wait hold your tongue, you haven't gotten Jamison yet, it might end up like you thought you got Howard in the bag...

Im saying if Nets did get him.

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:23 PM

Amare definitely does suck on d, horrendous defender, among the worst in the league. Amare is at least a mediocre-average rebounder. Melo's defense was average last season. Melo also rebounded slightly worse than Jamison last season, 10.6% to 10.8% and rebounded just as well the season before. Difference is Melo is a SF. They also have the DPOY in the paint so that helps. Oh and the Knicks were the 5th best defense in the NBA last season.

If Jamison-Lopez is your front court, then you easily have the worst defensive/rebounding front court in the NBA.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Even funnier coming from a Nets fan! Lat year he avg 6.3 rebounds, good luck with your PF!

Him and Amar'e can go half on the Hakeem Olajuwon school of rebounding!:clap:

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Him and Amar'e can go half on the Hakeem Olajuwon school of rebounding!:clap:

lmao

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Amare definitely does suck on d, horrendous defender, among the worst in the league. Amare is at least a mediocre-average rebounder.

This is where I stopped reading.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 11:28 PM
jamison wont be starting lol

Patrick Ewing33
07-11-2012, 11:28 PM
This is where I stopped reading.I dont want this a typical nets vs knicks thread but throughout his career Amar'e avg's 8.8 rpg so he is a pretty good rebounder to me..

DragonJaii
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I dont want this a typical nets vs knicks thread but throughout his career Amar'e avg's 8.8 rpg so he is a pretty good rebounder to me..

i luled

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:31 PM
This is where I stopped reading.

Woah you stopped reading at the last sentence. Whether you want to believe Amare is only a mediocre rebounder he is still a better rebounder then Jamison.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Woah you stopped reading at the last sentence. Whether you want to believe Amare is only a mediocre rebounder he is still a better rebounder then Jamison.

Last sentence? You wrote the rest of this trash

Amare definitely does suck on d, horrendous defender, among the worst in the league. Amare is at least a mediocre-average rebounder. Melo's defense was average last season. Melo also rebounded slightly worse than Jamison last season, 10.6% to 10.8% and rebounded just as well the season before. Difference is Melo is a SF. They also have the DPOY in the paint so that helps. Oh and the Knicks were the 5th best defense in the NBA last season.

If Jamison-Lopez is your front court, then you easily have the worst defensive/rebounding front court in the NBA

Toastyy
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
jamisons heart is in the bobcats

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:34 PM

Amare was one of the most athletic players in the game he should be able to rebound

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:35 PM
i luled

Amare isn't a good rebounder despite what his per game numbers suggest. At this point he is mediocre for a PF, with a TRB% of 13.7%, but he has had a few very good rebounding seasons and even a couple of decent ones. Career wise he averages out to 14.4% which is pretty average for a PF.

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
The bold print is referencing what the Cavs would have gotten in the rumoured Dwight deal. Has nothing to do with the current trade...

Nice Ninja edit ;)

Yea I read the article incorrectly and I thought those were the details of the deal lol. I mean this is kinda a rumor but why would Jamison go to the Bobcats when he has a great opportunity with the Nets.

oak2455
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
are theyre gonna flip him for D12?? ......... OOPS SORRY THAT WAS FOR YESTERDAY

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Amare isn't a good rebounder despite what his per game numbers suggest. At this point he is mediocre for a PF, with a TRB% of 13.7%, but he has had a few very good rebounding seasons and even a couple of decent ones. Career wise he averages out to 14.4% which is pretty average for a PF.

Yeah back when he was playing Center on PHX. I'd hope he could lead a team of guards in rebounding

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:38 PM

You going to watch the yankee game Friday? Joe Johnsons throwing out the first pitch!

knicksfan42
Amare was one of the most athletic players in the game he should be able to rebound

Well the reason he is only mediocre rebounder (at this point, he is an average career rebounder and had a few seasons where he rebounded well) and not complete **** on the boards is his athleticism. He doesn't box out so athleticism is all he has.

waveycrockett

We shoulda got in on the Tyson Chandler sweepstakes last year.

KniCks4LiFe
Nets are bitter w/ Hump. :laugh2:

KnicksR4Real
id rather have humphries he's more valuable they don't need scoring

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 11:41 PM

oh my....:facepalm:

If Jamison-Lopez is your front court, then you easily have the worst defensive/rebounding front court in the NBA.

That I agree with.

arkanian215
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
0a

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Good pickup

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 11:44 PM
This could get them over the hump.....freeze

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
oh my....:facepalm:

I don't know if you are aware, but I am the biggest Amare "hater" in these forums. The numbers don't lie Amare is a mediocre rebounder at this point, average probably was going too far, but career wise he is average.

Melo's defense was average this season.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I am very curious to see what this Teletovic guy does off the bench. Everything I read about him was big time shooting PF in Europe.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I think Reggie Evans gets the start next to lopez to give them more defense and rebounding on the front line. Jamison, Tele and Brooks off the bench for offensive production. Hopefully, we get Shelden back.

Green would've been nice but we couldn't afford him. I wish him the best. He made the best of his chance with us and he has earned his way back into the league.

Al Thornton and Toko Shengelia might make our team based on their performances in OSL. Nothing more than small roles the first season barring injury. Need more big men instead of stretch 4's.

toko is head and shoulders better than thornton

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know if you are aware, but I am the biggest Amare "hater" in these forums. The numbers don't lie Amare is a mediocre rebounder at this point, average probably was going too far, but career wise he is average.

Not sure you are aware but Amar'e used to play on a team made up of Guards which inflated his numbers not to mention he used to be able to jump out of the gym which helped his boards, at this point a distant memory.

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM
I think Reggie Evans gets the start next to lopez to give them more defense and rebounding on the front line. Jamison, Tele and Brooks off the bench for offensive production. Hopefully, we get Shelden back.

Forgot you guys have Evans. Yea he's definitely going to start. Evans isn't a good defender, but he is a very good rebounder.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Melo's was average. Amar'e's rebounding though...are we counting the whole season or just the good parts? *nevermind just read his line, he was mediocore*

Iceman_9
07-11-2012, 11:51 PM
If I were the nets, I'd rather sign Humphries.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 11:55 PM
If I were the nets, I'd rather sign Humphries.

Me too. They'll be weak inside w/ this move. Reminds me of PHX.

Bulls_fan90
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Yea I read the article incorrectly and I thought those were the details of the deal lol. I mean this is kinda a rumor but why would Jamison go to the Bobcats when he has a great opportunity with the Nets.

Makes sense, I could see it happening.

rurichie
07-12-2012, 12:29 AM
The rumor was supposedly correct me if i'm wrong

Jamison to the Nets
Humphries to Bobcats
Pick?? to Cavs?