PDA

View Full Version : NY Basketball Teams

NYsFinest
07-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Starting next year the NBA has two teams in New York. Both have made improvements this summer and seem to be playoff teams on paper. Now that we have a general idea of what the rosters are going to look like, which team is better? Let the rivalry begin!

Knicks:
Lin/Kidd
Shumpert/JR
Melo/Novak
Amar'e/Jeffries
Chandler/Camby

VS.

Nets:
Dwill/Taylor
Johnson/Brooks
GForce/Stackhouse
Hump/Tele
Lopez/Evans

StarvingKnick22
07-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Stop it with the Nets and knick threads. A nets without Howard is a nets that still suck. Get over these things man

nicegoing
07-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Stop it with the Nets and knick threads. A nets without Howard is a nets that still suck. Get over these things man

yet you voted lol

StarvingKnick22
07-11-2012, 10:59 PM
yet you voted lol

and voting is only half the battle :flag: lol

RonE Coleman
07-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Serious thread? Knicks by far

metswon69
07-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Here we go lol......

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Easily the Knicks right now. Mizra and Lopez are the worst defensive/rebounding front court in the NBA.

asap_simba
07-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Gotta be the Knicks.

RonE Coleman
07-11-2012, 11:05 PM
LMAO at the bandwagon heat fans voting Nets

metswon69
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Losing Humphries if he leaves via free agency and the Nets possibly dealing Marshon Brooks to clear cap space hurts their bench too...

Chill_Will_24
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
3....2.....1..... enter DoMeFavors

NYsFinest
07-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I think both teams are going to be pretty good with a slight edge to the Knicks... I see the Knicks finishing 3-4 in the east and Nets 5-6. Both teams are way over the cap and have some ugly contracts, so unless the Nets trade for Howard at some point, this should be the main core for both teams going forward for the forseeable future.

ThunderousDemon
07-11-2012, 11:08 PM
The Knicks are back.:dance:

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:09 PM
NBA free agency isnt even over make this thread in Sept plus Hump isnt even a Net and Jeffries isnt a knick.

Plus I looked at the votes all Knick fans for NYK.

popo85
07-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Go Knicks!! my 2nd favo team

SpaceJamJordans
07-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I hate this crap on PSD always talking about either the Knicks or Nets!!!!!!

knicksfan42
07-11-2012, 11:13 PM
NBA free agency isnt even over make this thread in Sept plus Hump isnt even a Net and Jeffries isnt a knick.

The Nets just traded for Jamison who is a good back up, unfortunately the deal is likely centered around Humphries.

As for votes for the Knicks, so far two Lakers fans and a Bulls fan have voted for the Knicks.

Chill_Will_24
07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Shumpert isnt expected to play till January from what i have heard

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:15 PM
You could look at players and all that but Knicks had more talent than Pacers last year and Pacers had a much better record.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Shumpert blew out his knee why are you listing him?

metswon69
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Shumpert blew out his knee why are you listing him?

He isn't done for the whole season, in fact he's ahead of schedule and believes he will be back in January.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:23 PM
He isn't done for the whole season, in fact he's ahead of schedule and believes he will be back in January.

He blew out his entire knee. Thats no different than what happened to Rose despite the homerish Knicks reports.

StarvingKnick22
07-11-2012, 11:24 PM

yes because 7 knick fans = 19 votes GENIUS

Chill_Will_24
07-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Knicks have always looked great on paper but it always goes back to the issue of Melo being overrated and not playing well with Amare. There are already reports that Lin and Melo dont get along and Lin didnt want to play there.

I do like the Camby signing though.

Meanwhile hate them or love them every player in the Nets starting lineup compliments each other. Shaping up to be a horrible interior defense though

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
yes because 7 knick fans = 19 votes GENIUS

It is what it is, if people want to think that way its not hurting me. We will find out this season anyway.

metswon69
07-11-2012, 11:31 PM
He blew out his entire knee. Thats no different than what happened to Rose despite the homerish Knicks reports.

Are you a medical doctor?

Do you know that his ACL and meniscus tear was as bad as Rose's?

Initial reports when he was hurt in April was 6 to 8 months

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/iman-shumpert-suffers-left-knee-injury-during-third-214514620.html

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7867141/2012-nba-playoffs-new-york-knicks-iman-shumpert-tears-acl-6-8-months

That would put him in line to come back by January or thereabout.

RonE Coleman
07-11-2012, 11:34 PM
It is what it is, if people want to think that way its not hurting me. We will find out this season anyway.

Get back in the kitchen

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 11:40 PM
why was this bait thread made?

Beltrans Mole
07-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Get back in the kitchen

DoMeHoward

NYsFinest
07-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Knicks have always looked great on paper but it always goes back to the issue of Melo being overrated and not playing well with Amare. There are already reports that Lin and Melo dont get along and Lin didnt want to play there.

Meanwhile hate them or love them every player in the Nets starting lineup compliments each other. Shaping up to be a horrible interior defense though

Don't need to make things up to justify the Nets. There have actually been a lot of reports that Melo really likes and supports Lin. I have yet to read one that says they don;t get along, would like to see it if you have one though.

Also Lin never said he doesn't want to be in NY, there were reports he was upset they didn't make him an offer sooner... which he personally said is not true.

Glen20
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
i miss bulls vs heat fans :sad2:

NYsFinest
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
why was this bait thread made?

Pretty sure a few days ago you were making A LOT of "Nets are taking over NY" threads :rolleyes:

How quickly things change...

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 11:44 PM

says the guy who joined after the knicks got melo and chandler. nice try.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Are you a medical doctor?

Do you know that his ACL and meniscus tear was as bad as Rose's?

Initial reports when he was hurt in April was 6 to 8 months

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/iman-shumpert-suffers-left-knee-injury-during-third-214514620.html

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7867141/2012-nba-playoffs-new-york-knicks-iman-shumpert-tears-acl-6-8-months

That would put him in line to come back by January or thereabout.
It's the same injury/timetable as Rose. If the Bulls are considering shutting Rose down for next season I don't know why Knicks fans are disillusioned to get back Shump by Jan

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/13410251-579/iman-shumpert-shares-rehab-path-with-derrick-rose.html

Shumpert has been told it could take six to eight months for him to return to the court, but he said making a complete recovery is more important than any timetable.

“It will be based on how my leg reacts when I do more stuff, how I work out in practice,” the All-Rookie first-teamer said. “Right now, I’m just trying to get back in eight months. I’m not rushing to get back earlier. If I do, I do. If I don’t, I don’t. The most important thing is that I come back and help the Knicks. I don’t want to come back and be the same person I was last year. I want to come back and have added something to my game.”

Shumpert never got the chance to play Rose in high school and relished his team’s thrilling 100-99 overtime victory over the Bulls franchise he grew up rooting for on Easter Sunday. Shumpert said he hasn’t talked to Rose since he underwent surgery, but hopes to compare notes about how their rehabilitations are going the next time they meet.

They can talk about the pain and the irony of both players suffering such similar injuries on the same day.

Glen20
07-11-2012, 11:45 PM

he bandwagoned at the wrong time onto the wrong NY team :laugh:

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
So Heat fans cant have an opinion they probably think the Nets are better because of the easy road to the finals they had against the Knicks.

Beltrans Mole
07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
he bandwagoned at the wrong time onto the wrong NY team :laugh:

You joined in June...of this year...:facepalm:

Glen20
07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
It's the same injury/timetable as Rose. If the Bulls are considering shutting Rose down for next season I don't know why Knicks fans are disillusioned to get back Shump by Jan

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/13410251-579/iman-shumpert-shares-rehab-path-with-derrick-rose.html

it doesn't matter anyway
shump is nowhere near the player drose's shadow is
it really sounds like Nets fans are worried over some guy who is insignificant to the championship race

Knicks21
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM

It was an ACL and Meniscus, not an entire knee. And Rose only did his ACL, so it is different.

metswon69
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM

Again we don't know how his body will respond, he might be out the whole season but if January is their target date he could be ready by that time too.

We'll see, unless you got one of those Deloreans that travel through time.

Then we can get a more definitive answer...

Glen20
07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
You joined in June...of this year...:facepalm:

yeh and you joined in the year that the Jets were looking good...
see, i can relate your join date to sporting events too
oh, and idgaf about what some American fan thinks about my loyalty; the entire world knows you have no significant connection to your team, so you come across as pathetic when you act like your part of their achievements

Chill_Will_24
07-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Don't need to make things up to justify the Nets. There have actually been a lot of reports that Melo really likes and supports Lin. I have yet to read one that says they don;t get along, would like to see it if you have one though.

Also Lin never said he doesn't want to be in NY, there were reports he was upset they didn't make him an offer sooner... which he personally said is not true.

I wasnt the one that originally posted it on NetsDaily but thats where i read it. if i come across it again i will PM you the link

Knicks21
07-11-2012, 11:55 PM
oh, and idgaf about what some American fan thinks about my loyalty; the entire world knows you have no significant connection to your team, so you come across as pathetic when you act like your part of their achievements

Not calling you out or anything but Australians like to jump teams a lot, especially in the American leagues. There are a lot of Heat Fans in Australia, where as it was Celtics and Lakers before hand about 5 years ago.

Glen20
07-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Not calling you out or anything but Australians like to jump teams a lot, especially in the American leagues. There are a lot of Heat Fans in Australia, where as it was Celtics and Lakers before hand about 5 years ago.

mmm well ive always been a Shaq fan, so when he left LA i naturally stopped following them
wade stole my heart in 06 though

there are still alot of celtics and lakers fans here, but they're not "hardcore". Although when it comes to Australian sports we are just as hardcore as American fans are (state rivalries often result in fans throwing stuff at the other team's bus and fans urging fights on the field during a rugby match).
but yeh, we laugh at how alot of Americans think they are a part of their team, when in reality they just support them.

edit: just realized you were australian as well :p

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:59 PM
An AUSSIE FIGHT!!!

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:00 AM
An AUSSIE FIGHT!!!

lol nah man aussies dgaf when we're not in the right context

RonE Coleman
07-12-2012, 12:07 AM

To post in the Yankee forum. Nice try

Beltrans Mole
07-12-2012, 12:08 AM

Did I ever say I had a connection to my teams? No..I didn't actually. I'm calling you out for making fun of someone joining last year. You're a Heat joined in June 2012...doesn't look too good when you make fun of someone else for bandwagoning. I don't give a **** where you're from.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Did I ever say a connection to my teams? No..I didn't actually. I'm calling you out for making fun of someone joining last year. You're a Heat joined in June 2012...doesn't look too good when you make fun of someone else for bandwagoning. I don't give a **** where you're from.

okay mate :)
let me know when the knicks win yeah :)

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
To post in the Yankee forum. Nice try

Sure.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-12-2012, 12:16 AM
why?

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM

There's different levels of ACL tears...as of now, Rose is projected to come back end of season..Shumpert mid season....no homerism involved...

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:24 AM
There's different levels of ACL tears...as of now, Rose is projected to come back end of season..Shumpert mid season....no homerism involved...

lol last i heard he had a 'blown knee'

Ill21
07-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Ugh here we go again, hi Justin!

Ill21
07-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Ignore them, trying to get you annoyed that's it

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:30 AM

BY NEIL HAYES

nhayes@suntimes.com

Last Modified: Jun 29, 2012 08:05PM
The knee brace wasn’t immediately visible beneath Iman Shumpert’s baggy shorts. The New York Knicks guard stood poised in the middle of the gym where he starred at Oak Park-River Forest High School, matched up against a youngster attending his camp in an impromptu game of one-on-one. Shumpert shot long jumpers and hopped on his good knee while working up enough sweat to stain his shirt.

Derrick Rose hasn’t talked about tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee or undergoing surgery that is expected to take six to nine months to recover from, but another rising NBA star from the Chicago area can lend perspective. Shumpert suffered a similar injury to his same knee a few hours after Rose collapsed under the basket at the United Center on April 28.

“I was in a lot of pain,” Shumpert said. “When they finally told me [about Rose] for the first time, I smiled. It was weird. It wasn’t me smiling like I’m happy somebody else got hurt. It was just, what are the chances D-Rose gets hurt and 20 minutes later I get hurt?”

Bulls fans can only hope Rose is as mobile as Shumpert appeared 53 days after undergoing surgery. Shumpert had his ACL repaired 10 days before Rose because Bulls team physician Brian Cole wanted to let the swelling go down in Rose’s knee while having him do exercises that he hopes will allow him to recover faster.

Shumpert said he has begun to trust his knee again while walking up and down stairs. Of course, he was doing a lot more than that Sunday.

“I couldn’t be more happy with just being able to walk again,” Shumpert said while watching his camp’s coaches play campers while other campers cheered wildly. “Being on my back for six weeks was the toughest part. Now I’m starting to do stuff for myself during rehab. I’m back in the weight room. I can shoot in a seat. I can shoot standing in front of the rim and work on my form.”

Shumpert has been told it could take six to eight months for him to return to the court, but he said making a complete recovery is more important than any timetable.

“It will be based on how my leg reacts when I do more stuff, how I work out in practice,” the All-Rookie first-teamer said. “Right now, I’m just trying to get back in eight months. I’m not rushing to get back earlier. If I do, I do. If I don’t, I don’t. The most important thing is that I come back and help the Knicks. I don’t want to come back and be the same person I was last year. I want to come back and have added something to my game.”

Shumpert never got the chance to play Rose in high school and relished his team’s thrilling 100-99 overtime victory over the Bulls franchise he grew up rooting for on Easter Sunday. Shumpert said he hasn’t talked to Rose since he underwent surgery, but hopes to compare notes about how their rehabilitations are going the next time they meet.

They can talk about the pain and the irony of both players suffering such similar injuries on the same day.

“It felt like all of Chicago was calling me panicking,” Shumpert said. “I didn’t realize that when D-Rose got hurt a lot of people in Chicago said, ‘We’ve still got Iman. Iman is playing today.’ Then I get hurt and it was like, ‘Oh, my God.’ I just smiled. Tough luck. I know D-Rose is going to bounce back. I’m going to bounce back. Hopefully, we’ll both come back two times stronger.”

This is from the Chicago Sun-Times 6-8 months would mean October at the earliest, Jan at the latest...

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Not a blown knee, just ACL...I can post numerous articles if you guys want..but it is what it is...Jan would be 9 months...Baron Davis has a blown knee..torn ACL, MCL and whatever else is in there...

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 12:33 AM
that davis injury was nasty, thats a career ending type injury

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:34 AM
meant to vote knicks...
obviously dwight would have changed everything

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:36 AM
ESPNChicago.com reported Tuesday that Rose traveled to Alabama to consult with famed surgeon Dr. James Andrews. But Cole, the head team physician for the Bulls, noted that it was actually a therapist in Andrews' office with whom Rose is working. Cole said the trip to Alabama had been scheduled before Rose's surgery. Andrews was not in the office nor will he meet with the 23-year-old All-Star, Cole said.

"Derrick is ahead of schedule," Cole said in a phone conversation Wednesday night. "This was part of the plan established before surgery. This was not a consultation with another physician, but rather it's working with another therapist in collaboration with the Bulls' training staff."

Cole also brushed aside speculation that Rose has had a setback in the process.

"Nothing could be further from the truth," Cole said. "He's ahead of schedule. [The rehab] is a way to keep things fresh for Derrick, to help give him some variety."

Rose tore his ACL in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs against the Philadelphia 76ers on April 28. Cole said after the surgery that Rose is expected to miss 8-12 months.

So Shumpert was given a 6-9 month timetable and Rose 8-12 months...obviously Rose's was more severe...

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
that davis injury was nasty, thats a career ending type injury

yeah his timetable was at least 12 months...I doubt he'll ever play again..

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:38 AM
hopefully that puts the rest Shump's knee vs Rose's knee

Hindy27
07-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Not all of us.
I've been a Nets fan since '92, when I first started to watch the NBA. Have never changed teams and never will.

Our population would probably have a similar % of bandwagoners as the US does anyway, I'd doubt it's a significant amount more or less.

BBall is a fair way down on the totem pole here in Australia, so chances are when you see someone in NBA gear it will most likely be that of a successful team.
Which brings me to my next point..... they only sell successful teams' gear here. Any Nets stuff I own I have ordered from the US.
So I reckon that'd have a lot to do with what sort of fans you see here. Your casual fan that doesn't order from the US etc. can probably only choose between.... Lakers, Celtics, Bulls and Heat gear, sometimes you might find Knicks or Spurs stuff.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:39 AM
hopefully that puts the rest Shump's knee vs Rose's knee

and we've officially run out of things to say here on PSD

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Not all of us.
I've been a Nets fan since '92, when I first started to watch the NBA. Have never changed teams and never will.

Our population would probably have a similar % of bandwagoners as the US does anyway, I'd doubt it's a significant amount more or less.

BBall is a fair way down on the totem pole here in Australia, so chances are when you see someone in NBA gear it will most likely be that of a successful team.
Which brings me to my next point..... they only sell successful teams' gear here. Any Nets stuff I own I have ordered from the US.
So I reckon that'd have a lot to do with what sort of fans you see here. Your casual fan that doesn't order from the US etc. can probably only choose between.... Lakers, Celtics, Bulls and Heat gear, sometimes you might find Knicks or Spurs stuff.

the worst part is, some of my friends cant buy crap because they're just not big enough for some of the jerseys, jumpers etc
even the smallest size is still quite large

smood999
07-12-2012, 12:44 AM
and we've officially run out of things to say here on PSD

It's the offseason...and I was just annoyed at the ridiculous comments when the injuries were the same but more severe for the other player...

flatbush knicks
07-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I just dont get why the nets didn't target josh smith as a d12 back up plan instead of jj

flatbush knicks
07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
:laugh::silly::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:where's domefavors at now

Evolution23
07-12-2012, 06:45 AM
The nets always look ****** on paper and the play even ******** in real life

Chill_Will_24
07-12-2012, 07:17 AM
:laugh::silly::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:where's domefavors at now

I actually dont see what is so funny because all this means is that unless Dwight is traded to the Nets, the Dwighmare will have a second sequel. All ORL has done is postpone it again. Howard has nobody to blame but himself

flatbush knicks
07-12-2012, 07:31 AM
I actually dont see what is so funny because all this means is that unless Dwight is traded to the Nets, the Dwighmare will have a second sequel. All ORL has done is postpone it again. Howard has nobody to blame but himself

:facepalm: how do you not see the irony domefavors trolled hard for a couple days when you guys thaught you had d12 now since he's not going ther all you nets fans crawled back under your rocks:mad:

Captain Moroni
07-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I hate this crap on PSD always talking about either the Knicks or Nets!!!!!!

Or how great Chicago is beating weak teams in the regular season.

Captain Moroni
07-12-2012, 07:38 AM

He is going to Houston, no money for Him in Brook Jersey, and if Orlando didn't want the Nets scraps now, why take them in January.
It's over between Howard and the Nets. Let's move on.

29$JerZ
07-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Nets would be lucky to make the playoffs

Knicks are better even of they had Dwight

LongIslandIcedZ
07-12-2012, 07:52 AM
I think the Knicks and best will be 2-3-4 seed, probably closer to 4. I think the Nets are 5-6-7 seed, while probably leaning closer to 5. Can't sleep on Indiana though.

mjm07
07-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Knicks are clearly better than the Nets. That being said they both should make the playoffs. Indiana>knicks>>>nets.

Slimsim
07-12-2012, 08:48 AM
it doesn't matter anyway
shump is nowhere near the player drose's shadow is
it really sounds like Nets fans are worried over some guy who is insignificant to the championship race

Watch what you say i let miami fans talk **** about nyk but when you disrespect shump i will troll you

Ill21
07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Lol at Justinnum1 voting for the Nets. Troll harder my friend.

BKLYNpigeon
07-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Knicks look better on paper, but The nets will play a better team game.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Watch what you say i let miami fans talk **** about nyk but when you disrespect shump i will troll you

lol ok?
idc what you have to say; everyone has their own opinion. If you don't like mine, ignore it.

YashBoone
07-12-2012, 09:16 AM

That's such bs.... Every single time I have heard a player talk directly about melo, they talk about how great of a teammate he is on and off the court, and how he wants to win so bad ...

And any time I have heard last season that there was some kind of beef in the locker room, it was from a reporter with no source at all.

The media in general make a living by writing interesting stories and they have no problems embellishing the truth.

YashBoone
07-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Back to the join date as evidence of true fanhood statement? Really?

justinnum1
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM

:drunk:

VinceCarter
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Troll so hard got promoted to Knick mod!

Punk
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM
You could look at players and all that but Knicks had more talent than Pacers last year and Pacers had a much better record.

The Knicks had a terrible coach in D'antoni and key injuries throughout the season. Yet, we beat the Pacers like they were the Bobcats in every meeting.

Beltrans Mole
07-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Ouch you got me right where it hurt! The Knicks haven't won it a while and the Heat just won! ****...you're RIGHT! Carry on now...

Ill21
07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
The Knicks had a terrible coach in D'antoni and key injuries throughout the season. Yet, we beat the Pacers like they were the Bobcats in every meeting.

For real, I love how everyone says the pacers are the better team. Knicks man handled them last year.

Beltrans Mole
07-12-2012, 01:51 PM
The Knicks will be the 3 seed in the East this year...book it.

JayAllDay
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Good job you Koala hugging troll.
Let me know when you actually make it to a game, yeah?

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Knicks and it's not even close.

Without Howard the Nets are nothing but a 6-8 seed that will never improve.

If Knicks ever learn to play team basketball - they could be a legit contender.

Bornknick73
07-12-2012, 02:31 PM

True story!

gotoHcarolina52
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Both teams' starting 5 are comparable, but the Knicks are deeper (and thus better) right now.

Evolution23
07-12-2012, 03:14 PM

This.

Punk
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM

Agreed.

Good news is they began to play that brand of basketball under Woodson towards the end of the season and spent the off-season adding pieces to build on it.

nyKnicks126
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Tyson Chandler>Lopez
STAT>...?
Melo>>>>Wallace
Shumpert<Joe Johnson
Lin<<<Deron Williams

Knicks bench>>>>>>Nets bench

ddhulett
07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Love how New York teams get talked about all the time but TEXAS teams keep kicking *** the past decade.

NYK is better as of now Kidd and Chandler will get them on the right track this year.

Bornknick73
07-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Love how New York teams get talked about all the time but TEXAS teams keep kicking *** the past decade.

NYK is better as of now Kidd and Chandler will get them on the right track this year.

Another true story! San Antonio is the epitome of a professionally run franchise. Dallas I think isnt run as well as SA but they did get Dirk and were smart enough to get Tyson to bolster thier anemic defense.

DoMeFavors
07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Tyson Chandler>Lopez
STAT>...?
Melo>>>>Wallace
Shumpert<Joe Johnson
Lin<<<Deron Williams

Knicks bench>>>>>>Nets bench

Why is Shumpert < Joe Johnson but Melo>>>>>>Wallace? Even more than Deron>>>Lin...Dont say Shumpert is a good defender so its close, Wallace is a very good defender also. And Tyson isnt better than Lopez. Chandler is a bust that was traded for Najera 2 years ago.

DoMeFavors
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Agreed.

Good news is they began to play that brand of basketball under Woodson towards the end of the season and spent the off-season adding pieces to build on it.

Nets cant improve? Why and Knicks can? Also Nets beat Knicks this year with the same team Knicks have this year besies adding Camby and Kidd who dont make a difference. While Nets got a Small Foward since then, Lopez and Joe Johnson. STOP

meloman1592
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Why is Shumpert < Joe Johnson but Melo>>>>>>Wallace? Even more than Deron>>>Lin...Dont say Shumpert is a good defender so its close, Wallace is a very good defender also. And Tyson isnt better than Lopez. Chandler is a bust that was traded for Najera 2 years ago.

saying things like that is why NOBODY likes you

RonE Coleman
07-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Stupid girl. This is why you are the dumbest poster on PSD. Go watch womens soccer already

And what does it matter who he was traded for? By your standards, joe johnson is horrible, look at the scrubs he was traded for. Get back in the kitchen

NyMik3
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Chandler>>>>Lopez. A 39 year old Jason Kidd is a better rebounder than Brook.The Nets also have no bench, 7th seed at best.

fadedmario
07-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Stupid girl. This is why you are the dumbest poster on PSD. Go watch womens soccer already

:laugh2::clap:

DoMeFavors
07-12-2012, 05:53 PM
saying things like that is why NOBODY likes you

I hope nobody on the internet likes me, thats weird. I dont have internet friends, thats just sad.

ddhulett
07-13-2012, 11:43 AM

Melo and Amar'e both had down years last year, could be the coach injuries and first year together.

Melo career 24ppg and Amar'e 21ppg these guys are on another level than JJ and Wallace. I personally think Tyson is better than Lopez you can't match his defense, passion, he motivates the whole team and is a great communicator.

Both Amar'e and Melo have taken teams on their own far in the playoffs nobody on the Net's have done that.

Chandler wasn't traded for Najera he was traded for Dampier's expiring contract and it's the Bobcats...

PrettyBoyJ
07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I'll say this, if the Nets and Knicks play well next season this is going to be an epic rivalry... Like Lakers vs Kings in the early 2000s fighting for the pacific and going down to the last game of the season

Punk
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
If anyone cares, The Nets presser is currently online.

oak2455
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM
I hope nobody on the internet likes me, thats weird. I dont have internet friends, thats just sad.

I'm guessing no friends:confused:

oak2455
07-13-2012, 01:08 PM
This poll is close.... Can't wait to see a healthy Knicks team

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Joe Johnson said Nets are better ! Probably because his Hawks team last year that isnt even close to this Nets team was better than the Knicks.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 01:18 PM
This poll is close.... Can't wait to see a healthy Knicks team

There is such thing?

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:20 PM
There is such thing?

Is there a healthy NBA team in general? There are always injuries..

Just like Brook Lopez ;) and Deron Williams..

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Is there a healthy NBA team in general? There are always injuries..

Just like Brook Lopez ;) and Deron Williams..

Yep but when your younger you recover faster.:D

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Im scared for their "supporting cast" its funny their supporting casts are both like 40 years old.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Yep but when your younger you recover faster.:D

Oh really.. Cool... Depending on the injury, and severity of the injury.. Look at Lopez.. and he was out for almost the whole season..

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Im scared for their "supporting cast" its funny their supporting casts are both like 40 years old.

And the Nets have a supporting cast of nothing.. I rather have vets.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh really.. Cool... Depending on the injury, and severity of the injury.. Look at Lopez.. and he was out for almost the whole season..

His brother had the same injury except worse. He looks fine and they are twins.:cool:

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 01:34 PM

But he can afford to have an injury like that he is 23 , if Kidd or Camby have that injury their career is over.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 01:36 PM
And the Nets have a supporting cast of nothing.. I rather have vets.

not true brosef

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Waste of time talking to these Nets fans.. Done.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Starting next year the NBA has two teams in New York. Both have made improvements this summer and seem to be playoff teams on paper. Now that we have a general idea of what the rosters are going to look like, which team is better? Let the rivalry begin!

Knicks:
Lin/Kidd
Shumpert/JR
Melo/Novak
Amar'e/Jeffries
Chandler/Camby

VS.

Nets:
Dwill/Taylor
Johnson/Brooks
GForce/Stackhouse
Hump/Tele
Lopez/Evans

ughhhh. who? :confused:

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 01:45 PM
ughhhh. who? :confused:

Those arent even the lineups King said Nets will get a Veteran Point Guard, a backup SF.

Stinkyoutsider
07-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I give the Knicks the edge this year becasue the team has been together longer. The Nets are going through so many changes that I think the Knicks will have a better record.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Haters will always hate.. Shut up until the season starts.

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
the last 3 years Kidd has aged like 5 years basketball time every year. Horrible year last year.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 02:03 PM
People don't know how to follow forum rules.. No photos allowed in posts.

Rockice_8
07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
How come equal isn't an answer cause it looks pretty damn close if you ask me.

Gideon
07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Im really curious @ DoMeFavors, how disappointed were you when you found out the Nets weren't getting Howard and you couldn't come on PSD to boast?

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Im really curious @ DoMeFavors, how disappointed were you when you found out the Nets weren't getting Howard and you couldn't come on PSD to boast?

Ofcourse I wanted Dwight, who wouldnt. But I am happy my team got better.

Hustla23
07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
The Nets are the worst team in the East. Of course the Knicks are better.

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM

I think the same exact thing except the Knicks are the worst team in the East.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 02:38 PM
People don't know how to follow forum rules.. No photos allowed in posts.

Oh since you want to cry about it I should just put it in my sig then

blastmasta26
07-13-2012, 02:39 PM

I think the same exact thing except the Knicks are the worst team in the East.

I think that was the point of the statement. If you honestly think that, you are completely delusional.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Camby- 6'11- TRB%- 22.3%

Lopez- 7'0- TRB%- 7.7%

I'm not very anti-Lopez, just pointing out the difference.

knickfan33
07-13-2012, 02:58 PM

injurys, mike dantoni, and didnt discover lin until more then half way through season.

a whole season of knicks playing ball like they did under woodson... there a 3-5 seed... (not to mention the peices they added in kidd/prigioni/camby

ddhulett
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
the last 3 years Kidd has aged like 5 years basketball time every year. Horrible year last year.

In the last 3 years he was a key player in a championship! You don't win with young athleticism alone you need guys like Kidd with high IQ that can out smart the other team.

You don't need a coach when you have Kidd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwweqmIAOAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kquAEihYS0M

NETS won 22 games last year and all they added was Joe Johnson so they may win 40 tops. It doesn't even matter because they will never go anywhere when they have to play Miami etc...

Punk
07-13-2012, 03:32 PM
This has nothing to do with Knicks or Nets either. You cannot pencil in 50 wins or proclaim they are better than another team until it happen. The Knicks actually hit 40 or so the last 2 seasons under bad situations and multiple lineups. They have earned the right for people to make predictions.

The Nets haven't made strides yet to be called anything. We all know they will most likely made the playoffs though. Leave it at that.

Pretty sure OKC fans never saw them becoming a 50 win team so fast And i know Indy fans didn't watch the Pacers lose to the Bulls in 5 and say "1st seed next year we better than eerybody! Yolo!"

Nets look good roster wise, let's wait and see what they do with the pieces they have. That is all.

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 03:37 PM

:facepalm:

Try harder.

Ill21
07-13-2012, 03:46 PM
:facepalm:

Try harder.

What happened he didn't meet your trolling level?

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 03:56 PM
What happened he didn't meet your trolling level?

If you are going to try to insult someone, at least use proper punctuation.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
In the last 3 years he was a key player in a championship! You don't win with young athleticism alone you need guys like Kidd with high IQ that can out smart the other team.

LMAO this is dumbest thing I ever read. You could say the same crap about Derek Fisher. I love when Knicks collect castoffs from a championship team and say things like this.

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwweqmIAOAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kquAEihYS0M

NETS won 22 games last year and all they added was Joe Johnson so they may win 40 tops. It doesn't even matter because they will never go anywhere when they have to play Miami etc...

no they also added Wallace and Lopez as well since both combined for 20 games last season.

knicksfan42
07-13-2012, 04:52 PM
The Nets are the worst team in the league. Of course the Knicks are better.

Fixed. ;)

BigBlueCrew
07-13-2012, 04:59 PM
is this a poll or this gonna be the final score when the knicks beat the nets?

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 05:02 PM
is this a poll or this gonna be the final score when the knicks beat the nets?

Probably the amount of months untill the last time each team won a playoff series :)

BigBlueCrew
07-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Probably the amount of months untill the last time each team won a playoff series :)

:clap:

Congratulations that is probably the first smart thing Ive heard you say in ages

oak2455
07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Dome isn't trolling as much it's the other guy with all those post in 2 yrs ..... Shocking !!!!

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Dome isn't trolling as much it's the other guy with all those post in 2 yrs ..... Shocking !!!!

says the guy with 10,000 more posts in 1 more year. must be the poison pill math :D

VinceCarter
07-13-2012, 06:06 PM

:facepalm: No they Nets will have added Joe AND Crash and Lopez...why? Because Wallace played like 10 games with us and Lopez was hurt all year. It'll be a greatly improved team if healthy. Also we have a rebounder in Reggie Evans and Mirza Teletovic could be a great help we'll have to see how he adapts to the NBA.

knicksfan42
07-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Bump