PDA

View Full Version : Which has been the worst situation?

NYSpirit1
07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
To clarify, this is who has handled their 'losing the superstar' in the worst way.

It's the same theme with all. Small markets teams that just don't know how to let go of their star player. And there's all levels of stupidity here.

Phoenix held on to Amare and Nash forever, wouldn't quit and basically lost them for nothing. Amare was supposed to be dealt 2 or 3 years in a row and Phoenix would never do it. Same with Nash -- and instead of having assets, they have nothing.

The same goes for Toronto with Chris Bosh, completely naive to the fact he was leaving in 2010 and didn't even entertain trade offers.

Denver, New Orleans and now the Magic have been the MOST difficult. Denver at least got something out of it, but the stuff Stern pulled with New Orleans was crazy. But the Magic are the worst front office.

Cleveland is the only team where you just wouldn't trade that player because you didn't know the situation. You weren't going to trade the best in the league - but the way Gilbert has been since then is plain unprofessional.

And I think you have to applaud Utah for their efforts to get rid of Deron Williams as quick as possible with no drama and get so many assets in return. Sadly, in the world of small markets, Denver, New Orleans and Orlando were too stupid to do the same.

And in a way, it angers me to see these teams act so childish about losing their player. Being in NYC and having stars on my team now - if Carmelo was to come out and say I don't want to be here anymore, I want to be gone - I wouldn't want him on the team then. If his head isn't in the game and isn't all about being a Knick and representing New York City, then leave. Trade for as many assets as possible as soon as you can.

Instead we've had so much drama over the past two years taking over so many hours of talk radio and TV, it's insane. The LeBron thing just died down after 2 years. The "Melodrama" was going on for over 6 months. This "Dwightmare" almost 18 months. And the Chris Paul hoopla last year took up the entire offseason.

These teams need to look at the model the Thunder have, realize that drafting high isn't so bad and that it's time to say goodbye to their superstars. Because obviously there's a reason beyond going to a big market that they want to leave.

The common theme: Cleveland, Orlando, Utah, Phoenix, Toronto, New Orleans and Denver NEVER put enough assets around these stars to win.

DragonJaii
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
should be obvious..

L@ker4Life
07-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Not really that fair since the Howard situation is still going on. Obviously the thing that is currently going on is going to trump the rest.

I think "The Decision" was the worst, but reserve the right to change my mind after this Howard thing finishes.

black1605
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Orlando with Howard. This has just been a circus.

DeRozan10
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
its kind of a ******** question because the howard drama is happening right now. fresh on everyones minds and nerves!!

Dade County
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
The suns didn't get anything for Amare and they would not have gotten anything for Nash, if Nash agent didn't call them up for the laker trade ( so Nash could get more money ).

But what Orlando is doing is just toooooo much.

NYSpirit1
07-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Not really that fair since the Howard situation is still going on. Obviously the thing that is currently going on is going to trump the rest.

I think "The Decision" was the worst, but reserve the right to change my mind after this Howard thing finishes.

I think it's fair to judge Howard's situation right now no matter what Orlando has gotten. To drag this out 18 months (rumors were swirling about Howard when Deron got traded), is ridiculous.

Orlando just won't let go.

king2218
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Orlando with Howard...easily. None of those other teams/players dealt with this much scrutiny and rumors.

NYSpirit1
07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
After now the LA/HOU/ORL trade scenario being finished, definitely Orlando.

raiderposting
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
all lebron did was the decision. never let it hurt his team and never brought it up during the season, can't believe lebron is getting votes, dwight has been horrible

nicegoing
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Dwight, Anthony, New Orleans I guess.

D Will trade came out of nowhere especially after Sloan was fired haha

And everyone KNEW Bosh was leaving.

Amare and Nash both weren't even offered contracts by the Suns, so not much drama from them.

LeBron left as a free agent, kept quiet the whole season. Lets be honest, even if he said he wanted out, no way CLE trades him since they were contenders at the time.

Since Melo, it seems that this process is extremely drawn out.

Arch Stanton
07-11-2012, 08:40 PM
The OP is very thread happy.