07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Basically meaning they are the Hawks, Nuggets, or whatever

Going to make the playoffs but inevitable to lose in the 1st or 2nd round

DragonJaii
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
1st rd exit against heat.

*Superman*
07-11-2012, 04:33 PM
They can be a 4-8 seed w/o Dwight, but the Hawks are a good comparison, I can see them making the playoffs but losing in the 1st or 2nd round.

Iron24th
07-11-2012, 04:34 PM
1st round exit, 2nd at best but I doubt it.

Rockice_8
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Well every team in the east is a treadmill team outside of Miami so I guess they are.

I could see them in the ECF if they click but not close to Miami's level.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Much better than NOT making the playoffs for 6 years. I don't think ANY of you Knicks/Lakers/etc fans understand how much pain our fanbase has been through for 6 years. Well maybe the Knicks before Amare came but still. I couldn't be happier right of this offseason. My signature tells you a little about how much this team will mean to the Nets fan base (Without Dwight)

Valkyrie
07-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Much better than NOT making the playoffs for 6 years. I don't think ANY of you Knicks/Lakers/etc fans understand how much pain our fanbase has been through for 6 years. Well maybe the Knicks before Amare came but still. I couldn't be happier right of this offseason. My signature tells you a little about how much this team will mean to the Nets fan base (Without Dwight)

No doubt about that

Kind of pointless to watch your team tank... I had to go through it in 07-08. you guys have a competitive team, just not championship caliber

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 04:44 PM

Dude, if anything Knicks fan know how you feel. At least you guys have made it to the Finals within the past 10 years.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
2nd rd out or ECF out.

DragonJaii
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM

true fan, props:clap:

D2theJ
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I think they will be a 3-5 seed. If thats the case they should be able to win in the first round, and I think they have the fire power to beat anyone in the East other than the Heat.

gotoHcarolina52
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Williams
Johnson
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

That's top 4-5 in the East (with Rose out).

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM
They will be a 6, maybe 7 seed in the east.

Lakerfan In NY
07-11-2012, 04:53 PM
The nets w/o D12 are 3 best team in the east.
1-Mia
2-Boston
3-Nets
4A-Pacers
4B-Bulls(bulls may fall if D Rose isn't the same)

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 04:53 PM

True...but it will get to the point where you wont be satisfied with just making the playoffs and so will D-will he's been there before he wants a ring! I still say his best chance at that was with Dallas(also with the re-signing of JET of course) he pretty much has to do it on his own in BK because although he's an awesome role player JJ doesnt have that killer Instinct to get the Job done...yall need a complimentary player to D-will maybe yall can scoop Harden nxt year in FA because OKC will have to choose between him an Ibaka

NYYCowboys
07-11-2012, 04:55 PM
5-8 seed first round exit.

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Maybe a fifth seed but boston, mia, new york, chicago with rose, and maybe indiana will all be better teams then brooklyn.

Lakers + Giants
07-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Such an Expensive team. Definitely need to make it to the Conference Finals with that payroll or they'll be a bust. Similar to Lakers.

Patriotsfan97
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
5 or 6 seed out 1st or 2nd round. That's about it.

Gibby23
07-11-2012, 05:00 PM
They would be a 5 or 6 seed at best.

Miami
Boston
Bulls
Knicks
Nets
Pacers

97NYer
1-Mia
2-Boston
3-Nets
4A-Pacers

Lin/Kidd/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith
Melo/White
Amar'e/Novak
Chandler/Camby

vs

Deron/Tyshawn Taylor?
JJ/Brooks
Wallace
Teletovic/Jordan Williams
Lopez

As far as I'm concerned the Knicks have a better starting five, bench, and coach than the Nets.

King41
hmm hard to tell but the deron/JJ backcourt is nice +wallace as a def and rebonder as well as humpries who gets the rebounding what lopez is missing sometimes ^^
so not a bad team

KniCks4LiFe

you think you went through hell?

I went through Riley flying the coup, Layden trading Nene passing up Amar'e for McKnee, a backcourt of Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson and picks like Macie Lampe *Idk how to spell that name* Mike Sweetney, Frank Williams and a Frederic Weis, my GM also turned down Andrew Bynum for Charmins Frye.

On top of that I had Layden, Dolan, Isiah, Starbury, Stephen A. Smith can't leave and Zeke's shadow and stench in the garden.

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:09 PM
1-Mia
2-Boston
3-Nets
4A-Pacers

No way will be the 3rd seed in the East, but I want whatever your smoking.

ThunderousDemon
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
1st or 2nd round exit.

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Not a bad team, definitely in the middle of the pack and a playoff team. But not the 3rd seed for sure. I believe with all the additions the Knicks have made this year, they are a better team.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
No way will be the 3rd seed in the East, but I want whatever your smoking.

you honestly don't think they are better than Indy or Chicago? It is Deron Williams w/ ammo now. Look at what he made shine in Utah.

TheNumber37
07-11-2012, 05:13 PM
They are not going to have a better record than the Knicks or the Celtics. So they can only be as high as a 5th seed, which means playing the Knicks or Celtics in the 1st round and they can't beat either. Other than that they'd face the Heat or the Pacers in the first round, and maybe they beat Indiana.

akagiredsuns
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
2nd rd out or ECF out.

WOW! You are giving them way too much credit! ECF? :laugh2: They will be lucky to get out of the 1st round, 2nd round tops. They would likely face the Heat in the 2nd round. Dude please. ECF! :facepalm:

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I think swill messed up resigning cause he is stuck on a team that be middle of the pack for a long time!

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
you honestly don't think they are better than Indy or Chicago? It is Deron Williams w/ ammo now. Look at what he made shine in Utah.

Indy maybe, Chicago with Rose no way. I believe Miami, Boston, New York, and Chicago are all better teams than Brooklyn. Plus Avery Johnson is the coach, he is not the greatest.

nate2usmc
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM

I went through Riley flying the coup, Layden trading Nene passing up Amar'e for McKnee, a backcourt of Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson and picks like Macie Lampe *Idk how to spell that name* Mike Sweetney, Frank Williams and a Frederic Weis, my GM also turned down Andrew Bynum for Charmins Frye.

On top of that I had Layden, Dolan, Isiah, Starbury, Stephen A. Smith can't leave and Zeke's shadow and stench in the garden.

UGHHHHH :puke:

5ass
07-11-2012, 05:16 PM
deron went from being on a great team to a treadmill team, to a **** team, and now back to treadmill team. good.

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
This was a terrible team last year. You add jJ and Lopez you get an 7th 8th seed. Teams like wizards raps showing potential to surpass them in the next few years.

DragonJaii
07-11-2012, 05:18 PM
1-Mia
2-Boston
3-Nets
4A-Pacers

this person doesn't watch basketball

Jint.
07-11-2012, 05:20 PM
9th seed

Ill21
07-11-2012, 05:20 PM

Church!

Aust
07-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Shoulda made this a poll.

They are now a slightly better version of what the Hawks have been. First or 2nd round exit

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I know for real all your adding is jj, and a healthy lopez. How do you get a third seed. Oops forgot about wallace, big deal.

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
9th seed

Get real, obv your being sarcastic.

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I know for real all your adding is jj, and a healthy lopez. How do you get a third seed. Oops forgot about wallace, big deal.

If the offseason is done for the Nets...

This x1000000

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
What makes Bulls better than Nets?

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Obviously Derrick Rose. But his injury is going to knock him out till Feb. So Nets are better than Chicago.

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
What makes Bulls better than Nets?

Three words. A healthy rose.

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Hawks and Nuggets dont have a superstar like Deron or even close to a pg like him, and Nuggets dont even have a Joe Johnson.

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:38 PM
There still not better than mia, bos, ny, and maybe indy. When rose gets back they are head of nets too.

ThunderousDemon
07-11-2012, 05:38 PM
If Lopez turns out to be this great player like some Nets fans claim him to be then the Nets will probably be the fifth seed or possibly the fourth seed.

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
They havent even played together you can all assume but untill they play together, I bet nobody expected Pacers to be the 4th best team in the league this season.

JayStar-8
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
The Brooklyn Nets have a top 7 player in the nba at the PG, SG, SF, and C positions. They just added the best player in Europe as their PF. The Brooklyn Nets will be very good next year. They can also build a very deep bench with Brooks, Green, Humphries, Evans and vets that come for cheap.

I say anywhere from 2-5. The only team that is clearly better is the Heat, and that can be said for every team in the East. The Nets, Celtics, Pacers, Bulls, and Knicks should battle for the higher seeds.

*Superman*
07-11-2012, 05:45 PM
They havent even played together you can all assume but untill they play together, I bet nobody expected Pacers to be the 4th best team in the league this season.

LMFAAAOOOO! GTFO! Says the guy that was saying how Nets would win 70+games with Dwight.

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
The Brooklyn Nets have a top 7 player in the nba at the PG, SG, SF, and C positions. They just added the best player in Europe as their PF. The Brooklyn Nets will be very good next year. They can also build a very deep bench with Brooks, Green, Humphries, Evans and vets that come for cheap.

I say anywhere from 2-5. The only team that is clearly better is the Heat, and that can be said for every team in the East. The Nets, Celtics, Pacers, Bulls, and Knicks should battle for the higher seeds.

A top 7 player at Center and small Forward? wow

Why did you guy even bother with the Dwight Howard deal in the first place?

DoMeFavors
LMFAAAOOOO! GTFO! Says the guy that was saying how Nets would win 70+games with Dwight.

They would have.

DragonJaii

dam top 7 team

ThunderousDemon
07-11-2012, 05:47 PM

Check my sig :D

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 05:47 PM
There still not better than mia, bos, ny, and maybe indy. When rose gets back they are head of nets too.

But Rose will miss what 40-45 games? I can't see Chicago overtaking Brooklyn. As for NY, I need to see it to believe it. That's just IMO.

nycsports2
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM

this... i think there a little better than the bucks(love the bucks backcourt)

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM

Yeah and that would have happened if Dwight was a Net.

JayStar-8
07-11-2012, 05:53 PM
A top 7 player at Center and small Forward? wow

Why did you guy even bother with the Dwight Howard deal in the first place?

feel free to try to disprove it ;)

JayStar-8
07-11-2012, 05:54 PM
dam top 7 team

Is anything I said there false?

Lakers + Giants
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM

This!

OWNED!

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM

:laugh:

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
if we can get a solid defensive big man that can play the 4 or 5 for a backup, re-sign gerald green and ill be happy

Lo Porto
07-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Joe Johnson was the #1 guy for the Hawks and consistently led his team to a #4 or #5 seed.

Deron is a top 3 PG

Lopez, Humphries and Wallace are above average for their positions

The most important thing about the makeup of their starting 5 is that they should work well together. You don't have 3 guys that demand the ball. You don't have a black hole. You don't have a glaring defensive liability.

The Nets should be a top 4 seed no problem.

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
feel free to try to disprove it ;)

you get to throw out a number and I gotta go thru the trouble of disproving it? no thank you.

Just wondering why if you have a top 7 at all those positions why your fans and your GM would be going crazy to give away Lopez, Hump, and multiple picks for Howard and Orlando's garbage? Seems weird to me

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 06:07 PM
if we can get a solid defensive big man that can play the 4 or 5 for a backup, re-sign gerald green and ill be happy

you guys got evans

ThunderousDemon
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah and that would have happened if Dwight was a Net.

:dance:

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
:dance:

lmao!

FourOhThree
07-11-2012, 06:16 PM
If Lopez can remain healthy and they avoid playing the Miami Heat, I think they can get out of the 1st round.

GThawks
07-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Joe Johnson was the Hawks 3rd best player and he's been getting worse every year. Also these predicitions are ridiculous especially cause rosters haven't been set yet.

D2theJ
07-11-2012, 06:18 PM
On paper at least, how are the Nets not a top 4 team?

Deron
Johnson
Wallace
Hump?
Lopez

I don't care how much they did or didn't overspend, thats a very very good starting 5 that can compete with any team.

Now the Nets will have a bench that includes Tyshawn Taylor, Brooks, Teletovic, Evans, and possibly Gerald Green. I think the Nets will have a very deep team now and a very good starting 5, I don't see a glaring weakness on their whole roster.

D12 fan
07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
It doesn't matter how good they are,nobody is beating Miami in the East.If Brooklyn would have got Dwight,then things would have been interesting.Miami is loaded just in case you guys forgot.

Chalmers,Cole
Wade,Allen
King,Battier,Miller
Bosh,Haslem,Lewis
Anthony,Turiaf,Pittman