PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin

T.I.-KingofRap
07-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Is blake Griffin overrated or underrated?

I think Blake Griffin is the most overrated athlete in sports. What can he do besides dunk. Rebound? He sure as hell better, he's 6'10''. He can't shoot. He can barely make his free throws. He can't pass. Kevin Love is the best PF in the League and a lot of ESPN anchors have the nerve to say Griffin is better. Love can do everything besides block. Griffin can dunk and rebound.

HaruSoul
07-11-2012, 03:05 PM
He's over-hyped.

Ryan328
07-11-2012, 03:05 PM
He's overrated to me

Fnom11
07-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Overrated by the media, underrated by forums/bloggers

mark1125
07-11-2012, 03:07 PM
He sells jerseys and draws ooohs and ahhhs from the crowd. He is a decent player, but grossly overhyped.

D12 fan
07-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Overrated,he is the modern era Vince Carter,all highlights.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 03:11 PM

I think Blake Griffin is the most overrated athlete in sports. What can he do besides dunk. Rebound? He sure as hell better, he's 6'10''. He can't shoot. He can barely make his free throws. He can't pass. Kevin Love is the best PF in the League and a lot of ESPN anchors have the nerve to say Griffin is better. Love can do everything besides block. Griffin can dunk and rebound.

LeBron says other wise.

Delusional
07-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Definitely overhyped for his lack of skills offensively and only being average as a defender.

StarvingKnick22
07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
he cant win **** without all star help

rapjuicer06
07-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Overhyped would be the correct word

Jarvo
07-11-2012, 03:19 PM

He is, But you're gonna have people come in here saying "he avg 20-10 and that don't lie"

Jarvo
07-11-2012, 03:21 PM
LeBron says other wise.

I know he played PF in the playoffs, But he starts at SF.

THE GIPPER
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Actually he is a very good passing big man. Nice try though.

THE GIPPER
07-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Who can? Melo and Amare cant even win WITH all-star help.

Chronz
07-11-2012, 03:28 PM
lol at being able to rebound because hes 6"10, as if thats all it takes to rebound. What makes you think he cant pass?

Overall it sounds like you dont even watch him play or you dont know basketball period.

beardown78
07-11-2012, 03:30 PM
I think he's rated just about right. He's an exciting player to watch in A major media market so the league is gonna do what they can to give him maximum exposure and nothings wrong with that. Basketball wise he's super young and only gonna get better. In A few years his midrange game will be automatic with hard work and he'll add different facets to his game. You guys kill me being so critical of young talented players as if there wont be holes in there game

T.I.-KingofRap
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
he's 6'10'' and a physical freak. He should be able to grab rebounds. I may be wrong about the pass but everything else is dead on.

airforceones25
07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
You know what the best part about it all is....

He's played 2 seasons(1 of them being shortened) of NBA basketball and everyone that tries to hate on compares him to seasoned vets in the league. Blake Griffin is the most scrutinized player in these forums since LeBron James. He must be doing something right.

People want to say all he can do is dunk. Well he must be pretty damn good at because it's apparent the other teams can't stop his only skill according to the haters.. If you people actually took the time to see the impact he makes you would say wow he is legit.

Blake Griffin last season led the league in Best ON/OFF court differential at +16.6.... Yeah he's overrated! :facepalm:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8154829

IgglesFanInCO
07-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Hes not terrible passing, but hes not good by any stretch of the term

My main problem with him is how one dimensional he is offensively while being a defensive liability, honestly any opposing PF with a brain is able to shut him down 1v1, CP3 helps cover that weakness though

Also he flops like hes 80 pounds, much worse than any other guy his size ive ever seen

KnickaBocka.44
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Overrated. He is exciting, and if he wants to get all of his points by jumping over people and dunking thats fine....But we saw how other players handled that (and him, subsequently) by fouling him hard. Until he decides to man up and stand up for himself, people are going to keep punking him because he's shown that he is soft. Soft players don't last long in this league.

Toastyy
07-11-2012, 03:57 PM
How is he over rated, he will develope a shot, yeah love is better but for what Blake does do he's the second best pf in the league

Huntey
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Can you add an option for 'hyped just about right'?

Oh and Griffin averaged 4 assists per game in his rookie season. That's quite a lot for a guy who can't pass.

Plus he's can definitely shoot.

And as someone else said, the fact that you're 6-10 doesn't mean you should be able to rebound.

Even if all he can do is dunk, 20ppg with 55% shooting is pretty damn good which ever way you look at it.

HoodedSB
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Underrated on these boards, overrated by ESPN/middleschoolers

smith&wesson
07-11-2012, 04:05 PM
I think this year will determin how big of a player he really is.

when you have c.paul and your as big of a star as blake is supose to be then you should be able to get out of the 2nd round. if they dont then we know blake is super over rated because paul does everyting you cant even fault him.

two super stars with a solid suporting cast should be able to get out of the 2nd round.

b@llhog24
07-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Cheque please!

SpaceJamJordans
07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN wooooooooooooooooo

Jarvo
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
How is he over rated, he will develope a shot, yeah love is better but for what Blake does do he's the second best pf in the league

2nd best? Nahh

Chronz
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Hes not terrible passing, but hes not good by any stretch of the term
Hes very good.

My main problem with him is how one dimensional he is offensively while being a defensive liability, honestly any opposing PF with a brain is able to shut him down 1v1, CP3 helps cover that weakness though

So your saying we have alot of braindead PF's?

Also he flops like hes 80 pounds, much worse than any other guy his size ive ever seen

Yea thats a problem, its hurting his game.

SpaceJamJordans
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM

Look at the Knicks

--23--
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
he's neither. He is over-hyped by the media which does not mean he's overrated though.

In his 1st two season he's putting up great numbers and is a better passer than ppl think. Yea he don't have a legit post moves yet, but my god can we let the guy grow before we start talking about "is he overrated or underrated".

airforceones25
07-11-2012, 04:34 PM

Well... It's safe to say.

Melo
CP3
Howard
LeBron.
Nash
Amare
D-Will
Kyrie
Wall
Love
Kobe
Bosh

They all suck... None of them could win without All-Star help. :facepalm:

Cracka2HI!
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM

You know how to make it look like you're not very smart? Make a thread like this without even bringing up his ESPN profile :facepalm: He averages 3.5 ast for his career and had a PER of 23.5 this season. Even if he is overrated you post is nothing but fail.

As for his defense and flopping...I believe he led the league in charges taken. I don't think he's a good defender but he does draw charges and hustles as much as anyone in the league not named Reggie Evans. To say he's overrated or over payed in today's NBA is simply ignoring the facts and his pure freakish athletic upside. Production and upside aside he is overpaid and overrated :rolleyes:

HesterJordan23
07-12-2012, 12:45 AM
i live in southern cali and i have to watch this prick play.. he went from a humble kid from oklahoma to injured then coming back to win rookie of the year which i personally think he doesnt deserve because he was injured his rookie year and then he gets cp3 in sum messed up trade then is screaming about its gonna be lob city the guy did a 180 turn into sum over hyped dunker.. i watch him play and he is absolutley horrible at the line and isnt much of a shooter. hes strong in the paint and can dunk everything else ehh not so much.. i personally think mo williams young and paul are what the clips were and chauncey

tredigs
07-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Pretty funny how in it is to hate on Blake Griffin.

20+10+3+ on efficiency. I'm convinced that if he could not dunk you'd all resoundingly agree he's a top 3 PF.

If only he could somehow manage to learn a post move or two! ARgh

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6XrcZovkY

Played 2 years, 1 in college. People are surprised this player gets hype. I love it.

Cracka2HI!
07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I'll try to dumb it down a bit. Blake had 192 dunks. A little less than 3 a game. He averaged a little over 5.5 non dunk baskets a game. Assuming he made all of his dunk attempts, which is close to true he shot 45% on his non dunk attempts. While I'll admit it isn't a great % it isn't bad for someone with no post moves and no shot like a lot of you think.

felixng2012
07-12-2012, 01:05 AM
He is a competent passer and being 6'10 doesn't make you a good rebounder all of a sudden. He might not be as good as Love but dude is still a stud. Overhyped but not overrated. Especially by people like the op who thinks BG can't pass when he is one of the better passing bigmen. Still needs to polish up his game offensively and defensively but its not like he can only dunk like some people say. You don't get over 20/10 with only dunking with good efficiency at that.

Stuckey#3
07-12-2012, 05:07 AM
I think a lot of the smack talk about BG32 is NBA fans being frustrated with their own teams. I like the Lakers... but they are getting older. Plus you can't blame Blake for screwing your team out of CP3. That was the league.

New York fans are just pissed because they wasted a lot of $ and effort getting two truly overrated superstars. It's pretty sad when a D-Leaguer steps in and takes over your entire squad.

Now that Bron finally got his championship with help from uncle David a lot more people respect him.

NBA fans are going to hate... and they are going to find a reason to hate. It used to be AI, then Kobe, then for a brief period TMac and Arenas, then Lebron for a solid two years. Now it's Blake and D12's turn to feel the wrath of disatisfied fans.

I think Blake is one of the most talented and exciting bigs to enter the league in the past 20 years. He is exactly where he should be right now. Even if his game isn't refined like a Duncan or Nowitzki he will get better. And when his trophy case starts stacking up a lot of you will eat your words.

GrumpyOldMan
07-12-2012, 07:05 AM
He's still young and if he develops some post moves and improves his footwork just a little bit he is going to be special. He's very good right now and if his work ethic is anywhere near what I think it is he will get better. Right now Love is better IMO, but Blake has more upside.

thenaj17
07-12-2012, 07:47 AM

And you say he is not overrated? 2nd best? Pfft, barely top 5 if he's lucky.

What happened to Gasol, Garnett, Aldridge, Dirk?