PDA

View Full Version : Durant still not over Finals?

ottograham14
07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Durant admits it bothers him coming to the gym and seeing James every day. "It does. It does, but what can I do?" Durant said Tuesday. "He's my teammate now. I'm a team player. I can't let that affect this. This is bigger than that. It's tough to lose in the Finals and play the guy you've been going up against for five games who beat you. So me, I'm just going to get over it, still be a great teammate, come out and play hard." USA Today

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Good to see a guy upset about losing and about having to see the guy that took what he wanted right across from him everyday. Nice to see passion like this still in the NBA. And no this was not a shot at Lebron or the Heat but to say its cool to see Durant say things like this.

Sorry didn't mean to put still in the title as its only been a month now and he should still be.

ottograham14
07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Kobe Bryant was in Durant's shoes four years ago, having to shake off the disappointment of a Finals loss to the Boston Celtics and get back out on the court for the Olympics. He said it's normal to not want to play for a few days, but figures Durant has had enough time to get over it by now. "But then again, I wasn't playing on the Olympic team with, you know, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce and Garnett," Bryant said. "He's got to look at LeBron every day. I didn't have to do that. So I don't know if I could do that. I'd probably be trying to destroy him every single day in practice to try to, I don't know, take a little of the edge off maybe." USA Today

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Kerv_the_Knick
07-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I would still be hurt, too. Competing at a high level like this to try to achieve your ultimate goal, only to be so close but yet so far to compete for it over again. It should only make him a better player than he is now and want that title even more

king4day
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Would anyone be over the finals after a few weeks?

I lost in the finals of a huge poker game years ago where I had a full house A/A/A/K/K and went all in. The person I played drew a runner 4 of a kind.
Every time I see that person to this day it still bothers me. When you come close it will always hurt.

ottograham14
07-11-2012, 02:40 PM

I lost in the finals of a huge poker game years ago where I had a full house A/A/A/K/K and went all in. The person I played drew a runner 4 of a kind.
Every time I see that person to this day it still bothers me. When you come close it will always hurt.

Sorry, yeah I shouldn't have put STILL in the title. Edited my first comment but I know no one will probably read that LOL.

FlakeyFool
07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Mommas boy

gotoHcarolina52
07-11-2012, 02:45 PM
The best way for Durant to get over the 2012 Finals is to work on becoming a more complete basketball player.

nbrod
07-11-2012, 02:46 PM
It's only been a couple weeks. Anyone who cares about the game would still be upset

torocan
07-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Durant is a competitor.

He won't get "over" it, nor should he until he wins a title.

Corey
07-11-2012, 02:49 PM
At least he's honest.

I wouldn't be over it either.

CB29
07-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Not surprised and he shouldn't be. Good players are that way.

Toastyy
07-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Hell get em next year

smith&wesson
07-11-2012, 03:04 PM
he should go kiss his mama and cry in her shoulder some more. maybe that will help him get over it. some body call his mama.

T.I.-KingofRap
07-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Kevin Durant just wants to win. He has the fiercest mentality in the game today, bar none. No one can stop him.

Fnom11
07-11-2012, 03:12 PM
He shouldn't be.

Losoway
07-11-2012, 03:12 PM
welp get used to that feeling

cuz lebron aint losing for the next 3 years

FraziersKnicks
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
he should go kiss his mama and cry in her shoulder some more. maybe that will help him get over it. some body call his mama.

:laugh2:

Baller1
07-11-2012, 03:19 PM
No surprise here.

LA_Raiders
07-11-2012, 03:21 PM
He better get over it soon, because it is going to take him 3-4 more years to get back...

Carey
07-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Good

StarvingKnick22
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
i had a dream i was hangin out with Wade, KD and someone else. it last for about 5 hours. the best 5 hours of my life. WHY Did I WAKE UP! :cry:

JordansBulls
07-11-2012, 04:34 PM
It's hurts because he knows realistically they should have won the title and it was there year to do so. Had he lost to a team clearly superior it might not be as bad.

JordansBulls
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
He better get over it soon, because it is going to take him 3-4 more years to get back...

Why is that?

mjm07
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
It's hurts because he knows realistically they should have won the title and it was there year to do so. Had he lost to a team clearly superior it might not be as bad.

OKC has a championship roster without a doubt but to say the HEAT were not the superior team is a bit outlandish.

I wouldn't say that about the Mavs beating the HEAT last yr. Mavs were the superior team b/c they played better and won it.

Lakers + Giants
07-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I would've been upset if he said he was over it. Good to see that fire inside him. It's gonna feel much better when and IF they win.

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
He's still young, and it hasn't even been a month since the finals. I don't blame Durant at all.

baseballguy247
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM

That hurts brother

soonabooma
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
If our team doesn't take on a tougher mentality, we're not gonna win a damn thing. We don't play with a chip on our shoulder consistently. We try to let our talent do all the work way too much and it finally cost us a championship when we faced a team that could match our talent and athleticism. It doesn't help that we have a soft coach either, but somehow our guys need to develop that killer instinct mentality. There's absolutely no possible way our team could lose to the Heat 4-1 unless they were not mentally prepared. And if they don't fix that, we'll end up disappointed again.

gotoHcarolina52
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM

They had HOME COURT!!!!! HOME!!!!! COURT!!!!!! The single most important tactical advantage you can have!!! And they blew it!!!

Am I right, JB?

smith&wesson
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
i see the lakers coming out of the west this year

Hangtime
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
This guy has a winner's mentality. He will get his ring sooner or later. The loss is painful but it will make him want it even more.

Penetra8r
07-11-2012, 07:45 PM

I'd shed tears to this day if that happened to me...

Eg714
07-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Your either lying about this or u have really bad luck. But if ur not u were beat the whole time anyways.

shizzle09
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Kevin Durant just wants to win. He has the fiercest mentality in the game today, bar none. No one can stop him.

Ok

torocan
07-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Your either lying about this or u have really bad luck. But if ur not u were beat the whole time anyways.

Seen it happen before. Had a similar thing happen to me once.

Flopped top full house, slow played it off the flop, they turned bottom set (full house), went all in and they hit the quad.

Would play it the same way... just bad luck sometimes.

Patrick Ewing33
07-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Well.... of course hes not.. But he will get many shots to get a ring.. Just hope he doesn't turn out to be like Lebron having to leave his team to go to a contender just to win.

Glen20
07-11-2012, 08:20 PM
hell some FANS still aren't over it :p