PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dwight Howard Thread: Part 2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

rhino17
07-13-2012, 03:15 AM
No way they give up that much. And in said scenario, the rockets aren't giving up any draft picks, which actually sounds goof to me, so I would consider it.

ThunderousDemon
07-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Dwight's reaction after his first Houston practice....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiFNrO33bSo

:laugh:

LakersSaintsLSU
07-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Dwight's reaction after his first Houston practice....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiFNrO33bSo

:laugh::laugh:

gotoHcarolina52
07-13-2012, 03:18 AM
No way they give up that much. And in said scenario, the rockets aren't giving up any draft picks, which actually sounds goof to me, so I would consider it.

Freudian typo?

ThunderousDemon
07-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Its a sham I tells ya.

ThunderousDemon
07-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Freudian typo?

lol

Baller1
07-13-2012, 03:22 AM
There's no way...

LakersSaintsLSU
07-13-2012, 03:23 AM
go head HOU deplete and defeat yourselves

dc5jdm
07-13-2012, 03:25 AM
Why you guys bashing Houstons GM. For all we know he might be getting pressured to trade for Howard by team management.

rurichie
07-13-2012, 03:26 AM
WOW if I'm the Magic I do this in heartbeat! ASAP!
You get:
-a scorer in Kevin Martin
-a couple young big men in Patterson and Morris
-a defensive minded SF in Parsons
-Three good rookies in Lamb,White and Jones

LOOTERX9
07-13-2012, 03:30 AM
sad part is that Orlando is not going to accept any great deals cause they want to keep howard in orlando forever. They are obsessed with him and will try to force him to stay. really pathetic on the part of the orlando TRAGIC

Aust
07-13-2012, 03:32 AM
It seems more like a lateral move with what they gain and what they lose.

shep33
07-13-2012, 03:43 AM
I think this is going to happen eventually. You don't just amnesty Scola, who is still a very productive player in this league. Obviously Orlando and Houston have been talking, and I don't see why Houston would pull the amnesty out now if it weren't for Dwight.

Sssmush
07-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Yeah, Rockets take on $70M in salary, send every decent young player they got, plus every draft pick, AND you got Dwight on the bench with a back injury to start the season, and also because he doesn't want to play in Houston.

Like, honestly, if I was a GM, and Dwight suddenly tweeted he wanted to join my team, would only sign there, I would instantly go on vacation to the Bahamas and not check my calls for a month.

Aust
07-13-2012, 03:48 AM
Morey has got to stop ****in around and just take Bynum in a 3-way deal.

Seriously this.

They're gonna have to sell the **** outta their organization to Dwight, especially considering the terrible team they're going to have him play on.

Sssmush
07-13-2012, 03:48 AM
If I was OKC, I would consider taking the massive Houston offer in a 3-way, and send the Ibaka and Harden to Orlando, and let Dwight go to Houston.

ROCKETMAN34
07-13-2012, 03:56 AM
If this trade goes down then Morey should be sent to the moon and be banished from the planet earth.

sp1derm00
07-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Wow, if OKC get Dwight, I think it's GG.

Westbrook, Durant, and Dwight would be the most well rounded "Big 3" yet.

5ass
07-13-2012, 04:00 AM
soooo many forwards, but good trade.

superwill
07-13-2012, 04:07 AM
I had the radio on yesterday and the host said he was told by somebody with the rockets that they had trade on the table to get Andrew Bynum before the draft it was lowery,martin,the 3 frist rd picks,and a first for 2014 but the lakers said no.

RLundi
07-13-2012, 04:08 AM
sad part is that Orlando is not going to accept any great deals cause they want to keep howard in orlando forever. They are obsessed with him and will try to force him to stay. really pathetic on the part of the orlando TRAGIC

Tragic, how original :rolleyes:

I've noticed you bashing the Magic as of late more than the usual do. Net fan? You seem incessantly bitter that Brooklyn has seemingly missed out on Dwight. May I offer a suggestion? Pick up basket-weaving, or scrap-booking -- anything to get your butthurt mind off of Dwight Howard, because I'm sorry, but what's really sad and pathetic are your whiny posts.

Sssmush
07-13-2012, 04:09 AM
I had the radio on yesterday and the host said he was told by somebody with the rockets that they had trade on the table to get Andrew Bynum before the draft it was lowery,martin,the 3 frist rd picks,and a first for 2014 but the lakers said no.

Wow... that is not a terrible deal... although the current Laker team is obviously much better.

I'm feeling good about a next-level Bynum + Pau/Kobe/Nash to make a run at the title.

RLundi
07-13-2012, 04:10 AM

Brilliance.

superwill
07-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Wow... that is not a terrible deal... although the current Laker team is obviously much better.

I'm feeling good about a next-level Bynum + Pau/Kobe/Nash to make a run at the title.

I think Pau is going to be nasty this season he's going to work better with Nash.

shep33
07-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Can't really blame LAL for not pulling the trigger there. Seems like the only person we'd trade Bynum for would be Dwight. Unlike Houston we couldn't take back heavy contracts.

If I'm Orlando I'd do this deal with Rockets straight up

GSWJunkie
07-13-2012, 04:19 AM
OKC has solid ownership, they basically constructed a championship caliber team from the draft and by being smart with their money. If they are offering for DH12 I would trust that they have something in mind, and it probably won't hurt them too much financially.

With all the rumblings that OKC is not going to be able to re-sign one of their Big 3, (Harden, most likely) why not move him before you have to pay him and go into next season with Durant/Howard/Westbrook as your main core? That big 3 alone would likely end up right back in the NBA Finals (barring injuries, of course) so you could "swing for the fence" in one season while you have DH12 and if you can't resign him, then you lose his salary when he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

So if Howard, Harden and Ibaka are all off the books (based on other posters estimates in here) OKC would save somewhere in the vicinity of what... $40M-$50M in salary cap space, is this an accurate estimate? All they would have to do to stay on top of the conference is continue to draft smart and reload that roster with more monetarily (is that even a word? LOL) efficient players. I see no problem with that except they might drop in the standings a spot or two by season's end.

eternal slumber
this is just too much to trade for Howard. does anybody thinks their is a catch to this if this is true? maybe Howard have to agree to sign with the Rockets? just assuming cause this trade is just crazy one sided for the MAGIC.

rockets-fan
No way the Rockets give up all this for tat drama queen...I cant stand Dwight anymore. We need to get the Lakers involved and get Bynum from them maybe Gasol if were lucky too

RLundi
Hmm, I don't believe the Thunder would trade for an absolute cancer.

eternal slumber
07-13-2012, 04:22 AM
No way the Rockets give up all this for tat drama queen...I cant stand Dwight anymore. We need to get the Lakers involved and get Bynum from them maybe Gasol if were lucky too

i also think this would be a three team trade in the end with Bynum agreeing to sign a contract extend beyond this year.

Knicks21
07-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Howard just wants to play with his friends.

shep33
07-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Didn't Bynum supposedly put Houston on his list? Or am I mistaken?

Lakers + Giants
07-13-2012, 04:25 AM

He did.

C-Style
07-13-2012, 04:26 AM
This is gonna be guuud! can we record Rockets FO faces when they finds out Dwight is going to ATL or Dallas?

GSWJunkie
07-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Not to mention that a Harden trade right now would probably return tremendous value, be it a bunch of very talented role players or several draft picks, so when they go to draft again, they have more ammunition with which to reload that roster with.

eternal slumber
07-13-2012, 04:28 AM

yeah he did. i just think this wont be a straight up MAGIC - ROCKETS deal. Houston won't even have enough players if this goes down. only player they would have are those from the Knicks and Bucks trade, which is awful to say the least.

justjames
07-13-2012, 04:28 AM
If they do this, I bet they're really going to regret the Jeff Green trade.

shep33
07-13-2012, 04:31 AM
This will be interesting. Something is fishy though, cause if Houston got rid of Scola, then they're ready to take on bad contracts.

I dunno, I see them making a straight up trade. The Scola thing becomes puzzling if LAL is involved.

Lakers + Giants
07-13-2012, 04:32 AM
This will be interesting. Something is fishy though, cause if Houston got rid of Scola, then they're ready to take on bad contracts.

I dunno, I see them making a straight up trade. The Scola thing becomes puzzling if LAL is involved.

Exactly. If LAL were involved then they wouldn't need to amnesty Scola because lakers would've taken back a bad contract as well, most likely J Rich's.

shep33
07-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Exactly. If LAL were involved then they wouldn't need to amnesty Scola because lakers would've taken back a bad contract as well, most likely J Rich's.

Yeah totally. If they were going after Bynum, then they might as well have kept Scola and amnestied him after this year (if they were looking for cap space) this next summer.

Aust
07-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Right right. That all makes sense, but I'm wondering J Rich's relationship with Nash. There were some rumors floatin around...

eternal slumber
07-13-2012, 04:38 AM

they've amnesty Scola able to receive more contracts from Orlando, still Houston have 7 players that have partially guaranteed and non guaranteed contract, i still think players will come maybe from Lakers besides Bynum for those non guaranteed contracts to give a bit of salary relief for the Lakers, just a speculation.

shep33
07-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Right right. That all makes sense, but I'm wondering J Rich's relationship with Nash. There were some rumors floatin around...

Oh yeah... at least they gave birth to a healthy Robin Lopez

superwill
07-13-2012, 04:44 AM
it would have to be a three team deal no way the rockets take hedo,richardson,lil penny,big penny,nick the brick,3D,greg kite,brian hill and whoever the hell else the magic got and think they're going to keep dwight+ get another star player in 2013 like cp3 they got to be crazy.

Aust
07-13-2012, 04:46 AM
If they do this, I bet they're really going to regret the Jeff Green trade.

Why? You're still going to need a backup center and he's a solid one at that.

superwill
07-13-2012, 04:47 AM

even if they get bynum they still would want another player to go with him. I don't know who are freeangets in 2013

eternal slumber
07-13-2012, 04:47 AM
so do i, won't be just a MAGIC - ROCKETS deal.

Fresno
07-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Why? You're still going to need a backup center and he's a solid one at that.

Perkins is definetly getting traded if they got Dwight.

C-Style
07-13-2012, 04:58 AM
Damn morey!!!! You just can't handle rejection can't you? The guy flat out say no to houston. Why on earth are you still pursuing this?

LakersSaintsLSU
07-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Damn morey!!!! You just can't handle rejection can't you? The guy flat out say no to houston. Why on earth are you still pursuing this?

:worthy:

SouthSideRookie
07-13-2012, 05:11 AM

Because he also said no to LA.

King41
07-13-2012, 05:13 AM
if i were okc i woudn't do this like this team

DitchDat
07-13-2012, 05:15 AM
Smart thinking by OKC: they won't be able to re-sign everyone. That'd be an exciting trio of stars.

superwill
07-13-2012, 05:16 AM
howard
douglas
harrellson
leuer
simpson
mtiejunas
smith
aldemir
forbes
duhan
hedo
richardson
jordan

I Think this would be the roster if the trade is made maybe brooks is signed

King41
07-13-2012, 05:17 AM
omg crazy thing for the rockets ....but let's go ^^

King41
07-13-2012, 05:20 AM
hmm this howard drama will never ending ...

C-Style
07-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Because he also said no to LA.

Lakers are not giving up the whole farm for a 1 yr rental, get it?

SouthSideRookie
07-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Lakers are not giving up the whole farm for a 1 yr rental, get it?

Right, you just proved my point. Lakers won't trade the farm for him because he has not given the Lakers assurances that he will sign there which means he's also said flat out no to LA also.

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Rockets's front office are stupid.. Getting all the bad contracts plus getting a 1 year rental allstar plus giving up draft picks and potential players.. :facepalm:

Slimsim
07-13-2012, 05:32 AM
If your Orlando you hope this is true get young talents with star potential take pj3 the rookie looks good in the summer league so far and try to dump a bad contract like a j rich or turk

rhino17
07-13-2012, 05:40 AM

He has said no to everyone except Brooklyn. However the Nets now cannot obtain him through a trade (can't trade Lopez until january an no one is gonna want that horrible contract) and they cannot afford to sign him as a free agent. I doubt Dwight sits out the season, so he has to play somewhere

SouthSideRookie
07-13-2012, 05:47 AM
He has said no to everyone except Brooklyn. However the Nets now cannot obtain him through a trade (can't trade Lopez until january an no one is gonna want that horrible contract) and they cannot afford to sign him as a free agent. I doubt Dwight sits out the season, so he has to play somewhere

You know what blows my mind. Seeing Ric Bucher saying that the Nets deal is the best and LA and Houston likely can't come up with a better offer. This guy is the biggest moron and is totally clueless if he really means it. He must work for Howards camp.

Iron24th
07-13-2012, 06:10 AM
So what both orlando and houston are waiting for ?

Orlando should pull the trigger, they'll never have a deal like this on the table again.

BALLER R
07-13-2012, 06:22 AM
If true. Houston is stupid for proposing that and the Magic is stupid if they don't accept that.

episodenone
07-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Is there any way we can just ship him to Toronto or Europe and all have a huge laugh?

That would be epic -- get him on a team with Iverson and Marbury in Indonesia or something.

eugene
07-13-2012, 07:11 AM
this soap opera will never end...

marj987
07-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Why do people keep saying this is annoying? This is what makes free agency interesting.

Aust
07-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Perkins is definetly getting traded if they got Dwight.

What position/who do you think they'd go after? Great sig btw :p

Aust
07-13-2012, 07:54 AM

Been saying the same thing and have been shouted down by many posters willing to fight to the death to protect Lopez and that contract

Jint.
07-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Ibaka & Harden is the best deal Orlando could get..

astrosmaniac
07-13-2012, 07:58 AM
People seriously need a reality check. There's no one dwight brings back all that w/o a commitment. That's way more than the melo deal and he was wanting to go there. Take out lamb and parsons and it might sound more realistic.

MagicBucsSox
07-13-2012, 08:02 AM
You missed the point. I never said Orlando isn't a place where guys would go, its just the fact that of all the guys you mentioned Orlando paid extra to get them to come there. Thats how Free Agency works.

You arguing that Harden is a Tier 3 guy who will undeservingly get the Max is almost hysterical because Orlando is the type of team who would do that to get him. Thats what they would have to do to secure themselves a building block for their future. Is that any different than overpaying Tracy McGrady back in 2000? Either it turns out a great deal or sets you back.

Take a look at the 2013 Free Agents for yourself:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/FreeAgents-12-13/nba-free-agents-2012-2013

Of the UFA's I'd think guys like Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, or Monta Ellis would love to cash in and head on down to Orlando but I dont think any 1 of them makes much of a difference for the Magic or their future.

What they hell u talkin about? We overpaid McGrady? He was one of the best players in the damn league for many yrs. quit while your back there

You act as if a FA will take less to hit a diff city, man go somewhere

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Been saying the same thing and have been shouted down by many posters willing to fight to the death to protect Lopez and that contract

It's not like Lopez would not of got a max deal on the open market. Like it or not any good center that hits free agency is getting a max deal. Look at what Mcgee is about to get.

torocan
07-13-2012, 08:05 AM
No idea if this is true, but I can see the FO of OKC considering a move like this given how hard it will be to retain Ibaka AND Harden after this coming season.

Also, I think people are underestimating the attraction of being on a true championship contender.

Let's say OKC picks up Dwight and OKC ends up in the Finals again or winning a Championship next season.

Dwight would have to be a complete and utter idiot to leave a team like OKC. Brooklyn with Dwight/Johson/Williams not even be close to how competitive an OKC core of Dwight/Durant/Westbrook would be.

Toss in the Youth of OKC, and Dwight could literally be looking at years of a Western Conference dynasty and multiple Championship runs.

Do we really believe that Dwight's mancrush on Williams is so large that he would walk away from a potential Dynasty? Big market or not, if you're a perrenial championship contender, you'll get media coverage.

Hope it's not True as I love OKC as comprised, but if it does happen, all I gotta say is it's game over in the West....

ldawg
07-13-2012, 08:09 AM
yes howard best fit is in OKC or a Healthy Bulls team. But as of right now who cares this BS has gone on to long its boring now.

ldawg
07-13-2012, 08:11 AM
BOOOOOOEeeeeeee this ish is boring trade him already wast of time going back and forth with this.

ccg34
07-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Brooklyn is a cooler city. He is a city boy from Atlanta. There is a reason why these old vets like Allen, Lewis, Kidd, Camby,etc. go to other teams besides OKC. Fisher is an exception he is from here in Arkansas. If you have a chance to win in a cooler city, Why go there to OKC? It is a boring place to live in comparison to New York, Miami, LA, Dallas, and even Orlando.

odiz
07-13-2012, 08:23 AM
To me this seems like the most logical deal for both sides. With Howard/Durant/Westbrook and the depth that they have OKC would become the best team in the NBA IMO. The best player the Magic could hope to get for Howard from anyone else is Brook Lopez (Bynum wont sign an extension) so now they are looking for a haul of picks. Why aim for picks which might turn into busts (especially when any team that gets Howard is almost certainly headed for the playoffs so the picks are most likely in the 20s) when Harden and Ibaka are two immensely talented, proven building blocks. Harden could quite possibly be the best 2 guard in the league within 2 or 3 years and Ibaka could be a top 5 PF if his offense continues to improve. Something like Harden, Ibaka, PG3 and a 1st Rounder for Howard and Richardson seems fair and is by far the best deal Orlando is going to get.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-13-2012, 08:24 AM
BOOOOOOEeeeeeee this ish is boring trade him already wast of time going back and forth with this.

U know someone has no life when they hate a topic or find a topic boring yet they can't stop reading every detail on it and commenting on it lol

News flash stop reading it if you can't stand it so much

odiz
07-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Brooklyn is a cooler city. He is a city boy from Atlanta. There is a reason why these old vets like Allen, Lewis, Kidd, Camby,etc. go to other teams besides OKC. Fisher is an exception he is from here in Arkansas. If you have a chance to win in a cooler city, Why go there to OKC? It is a boring place to live in comparison to New York, Miami, LA, Dallas, and even Orlando.

Miami and OKC are too good right now i think. Its going to take an amazing run or another free agent team up for any team but them to win it all in the next 5 or 6 years IMO. If Howard really wants to win OKC would be the best place for him to go.

JerseyBrave
07-13-2012, 08:28 AM
It wouldnt surprise me if houston gets dwight, then if they know they cant get him to sign an extension, they then do a sign and trade with the nets for a package built around brook lopez even if it is next offseason.

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 08:28 AM
okc would be favorites for sure with dwight, kd, and westbrick

thaShady
07-13-2012, 08:32 AM
"@espnsteinline: Rockets have sweetened their trade proposal for dwight howard. Espn link w/ @chadfordinsider & all the names in play: http://t.co/n2kdvhot

rockets :facepalm:

If dwight doesn't resign, this would be the worst gm decision in nba history

orlando needs to accept this right now!!!!!!!!

ccg34
07-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Miami over OKC all day. LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Allen, > Westbrook, KD, Howard. Wade and Bosh played injured and they still won.

FreakaNashur
07-13-2012, 08:45 AM
SCrew howard.

MagicBucsSox
07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
go head HOU deplete and defeat yourselves

orlando needs to accept this right now!!!!!!!!

I'm debits getting done, no way they cut Scola without some kinda concrete assurance

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2012, 08:53 AM
imo, shouldnt offer both harden and ibaka; i would offer either or. perkins should definitely be involved in any trade offer. okc realizes they wouldnt be able to afford both ibaka and harden next season. i would keep ibaka bc i believe harden is goin to want the max contract.

perkins, harden for dwight.

Chill_Will_24
07-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Miami Heat are a superteam and they aren't a big market team. If anything Houston is quite similar to the market for Miami. I'm not saying Houston will field a superteam but they could definitely build a contender with the acquisition of Dwight and a max contract next summer (pending re-signing Dwight). Talents like Patrick Patterson, Chandler Parsons, and Courtney Lee went unnoticed due to Houston not making a big impact but had we not lost Lowry and Kevin Martin for a large part of last season we would have certainly been a 5-8 seed.

People always say "They can't get a superstar because they aren't a big market team"... but I'm sure superstars would love to play in Oklahoma City with Durant/Westbrook/Harden but there isn't cap to have them.

Being a contender is more important than money to a lot of superstars right now because it's about taking down the Heat. They want a legacy, they'll get paid either way.

MIA may not be a huge market but it is a big one and a far more desirable city than HOU. The Rockets are making a huge mistake of they are thinking along your lines. Howard will never sign there and the best they will get is Brook Lopez or Andrew Bynum

Kerv_the_Knick
07-13-2012, 09:18 AM
OKC was one of the youngest teams to make it to the finals. This would be stupid.

Also, when does Dwight start complaining about shots? He wants to be the man? I'll guarantee that KD and Russy get more shots than him

Howard would ***** about it all day, every day, 24/7. They can take their chances, but with Howard's ego never coming to a halt, I don't think the move will be good for the team. On paper, yes. Realistically, no.

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 09:22 AM
As much as it makes okc better. I don't think they mess with the chemistry there

Rockice_8
07-13-2012, 09:30 AM
If anything they should do Ibaka/Perk and a 1st for Dwight and J-Rich. That would eb the absolute most OKC should entertain giving Orlando.

They have a finals team why break it all up for Dwight who might not stay. Even losing Ibaka is a risk.

The_Pharouh
07-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Harden and Ibaka? Damn.... The Thunder are already championship contenders, why the hell would they give that away for Dwight? :confused:

It's not a bad deal at all though, but ultimately for a team looking to rebuild those Houston draft picks should seal it IMO.

Because Howard will be paid less than what Harden and Ibaka will be paid together,It is a decision that makes you better financially and possibly on basketball court

C-Style
07-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Right, you just proved my point. Lakers won't trade the farm for him because he has not given the Lakers assurances that he will sign there which means he's also said flat out no to LA also.

what are they risking? neither has Bynum on the other hand Rockets are giving up their young players, their future picks, and are gonna take on a ll those horrible contracts, and no he has not said that flat out like he did Houston, The only think ever said about the Lakers was, "There is only one team Im willing to re-sign an extension if traded to, if I'm not I'm gonna test free agency", but he heard about Houston being involved, he flat out went out of his way to say he won't re-sign. see the difference buddy???

& how the hell do u think Houston plans on selling it to Dwight with a team that won't even make the playoffs? at least the Lakers can sell him a better run, a better adidas deal, a franchise, and a better city.

tonyd3b54
07-13-2012, 09:32 AM
if i were okc why throw in ibaka? harden alone is better than most packages the magic can get. harden and draft picks would be hard for the magic to pass up.

TheNumber37
07-13-2012, 09:38 AM
It would still be KD's team. Can Dwight Handle that, he does want to be the man.

Though, I did call this in other threads. Maybe they can get back J rich to help their bench a bit.

SportsNY
07-13-2012, 09:38 AM
They just want to make a ****-ton of money on Howard jersey sales.

nystandup
07-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I can't imagine Orlando wanting to take back a player(s) who might not resign with them as well. I'm not sure how many years are left on harden or Ibaka's contracts though.

tcav701
07-13-2012, 09:44 AM
If they were really offering all of that, the deal would be done by now.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Man, I would prefer to see Houston just suck it up for the next 2 seasons, get high lottery picks, and rebuild through the draft. The people in Houston are already tuning them out, and while Dwight would help put butts in the seats for a season, when he leaves, if the Rox are stuck with 2-3 of those bad Orlando deals and no pick every other year for 6 years, they will suck for eternity.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-13-2012, 09:48 AM
No cause they didn't amnesty scola yet and they have, to wait and see if Lin and asiks offers get matched before they know if they can take on all that

HouRealCoach
07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Damn this would be the best option for Magic... Already starting off with Nicholson, White, Lamb, Clark, Reddick, Nelson, & Jones

koetravis
07-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Man, I would prefer to see Houston just suck it up for the next 2 seasons, get high lottery picks, and rebuild through the draft. The people in Houston are already tuning them out, and while Dwight would help put butts in the seats for a season, when he leaves, if the Rox are stuck with 2-3 of those bad Orlando deals and no pick every other year for 6 years, they will suck for eternity.

Agreed. But if the Rockets could keep Parsons and Lamb, it's really not that bad of a trade at all.

Hawkeye15
Damn this would be the best option for Magic... Already starting off with Nicholson, White, Lamb, Clark, Reddick, Nelson, & Jones

and while the first pick from the Rockets would be meh (Rockets would be competitive this season), the following 2 would probably be pretty high depending on protection.

kobebabe
If it was true, then why haven't the magic jumped over this? Only a damn GM would do such a trade for a guy who has clearly stated HE IS NOT signing with the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye15
07-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Agreed. But if the Rockets could keep Parsons and Lamb, it's really not that bad of a trade at all.

they need to protect the hell out a couple of those picks.

*Superman*
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Accepted trade x100.

Rob, make the deal already.

jayjay33
07-13-2012, 10:16 AM

what are they risking? neither has Bynum on the other hand Rockets are giving up their young players, their future picks, and are gonna take on a ll those horrible contracts, and no he has not said that flat out like he did Houston, The only think ever said about the Lakers was, "There is only one team Im willing to re-sign an extension if traded to, if I'm not I'm gonna test free agency", but he heard about Houston being involved, he flat out went out of his way to say he won't re-sign. see the difference buddy???

& how the hell do u think Houston plans on selling it to Dwight with a team that won't even make the playoffs? at least the Lakers can sell him a better run, a better adidas deal, a franchise, and a better city.

I would not go that far......and d12 has made it clear he does not want to come to LA either. An that's why at this point I would rather us focus on the bench.

kobebabe
07-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Stern will veto this too...right?
Seriously this would make OKC legit

D-Block21-Chito
07-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Dwight Durant Westbrook= Best trio in the NBA 6 rings in a row. This better not happen because Bulls will never have a shot at a title with rose

jayjay33
07-13-2012, 10:18 AM
It's starting to look like this is BS. If this was really on the table why would orlando not pull the trigger? The deal would be done.

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I think Harden/Perkins for Dwight is more realistic the Magic would need a center anyway.

Imagine OKC's defense with Dwight/Ibaka/Sefolosha scary.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-13-2012, 10:21 AM
The deal can't be done until scola is cut and also it could take a week cause Lin didn't sign the offer sheet if he does and Knicks take three days to match it won't happen it after that is cleared up cause that wl affect what they can take back

*Superman*
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
It's starting to look like this is BS. If this was really on the table why would orlando not pull the trigger? The deal would be done.

Idk. I think ESPN is pretty accurate with these kinds of reports. I first read on their article that Magic didnt want Marshon Brooks and he would be dealt to a 4th team and that is what tried to happen.

And I can see the Magic totally trying to gut HOU for every last thing that has value. It's on their GM to comply with the demand or reject it.

Sly Guy
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM
if there's one silver lining in all of this, it's watching other people struggle with the contract my GM made for Hedu......LOL

torocan
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I think Harden/Perkins for Dwight is more realistic the Magic would need a center anyway.

Imagine OKC's defense with Dwight/Ibaka/Sefolosha scary.

Not just the Defense... try to stop Howard/Westbrook/Durant offensively... Howard at the Rim, Durant at the mid-range, Westbrook driving... just downright Nasty.

JordansBulls
07-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Harden and Ibaka? Damn.... The Thunder are already championship contenders, why the hell would they give that away for Dwight? :confused:

It's not a bad deal at all though, but ultimately for a team looking to rebuild those Houston draft picks should seal it IMO.

Perkins and Harden makes more sense. Actually I'd do Perkins and Ibaka and a pick for Dwight.

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Dwight and kd is scary lol

Gritz
07-13-2012, 10:45 AM
They can't afford to keep Serge and Harden, might as well trade em

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Durant and kd is scary lol

What?

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Durant and kd is scary lol

What?

Lmao! Yea I had to fix that lol

Slug3
07-13-2012, 11:03 AM
So basically Houston will have the magics team and vise vers. Lol

nate2usmc
07-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Magic better take that Houston offer. Get their young guns (one being a UF product), Martin and a guaranteed lottery pick. Not to mention, they take back duhon and davis' contracts. I mean c'mon. Get this **** over with, Hennigan.

allday823
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
This team would be down right scary and it would be hard to route against them. Does dwight really have the balls to come out and say i wouldnt sign an extension to play with durant and westbrook? That would be blasphemy. Those 2 are phenomenal and great team guys. They would be the funnest team in decades to watch.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
The deal can't be done until scola is cut and also it could take a week cause Lin didn't sign the offer sheet if he does and Knicks take three days to match it won't happen it after that is cleared up cause that wl affect what they can take back

Scola already has been waived/amenstied. Lin and Asik are probably holding it up

Baller1
07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Dwight's diva *** isn't going to stay in OKC. This would be a dumb move.

torocan
07-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Dwight's diva isn't going to stay in OKC. This would be a dumb move.

And how would playing with arguably 2 of the best players and being a favorite to win a Championship be a dumb move?

How many Superstars will willingly leave a true Championship contender?

It's one thing to leave the Magic... but to leave OKC or Miami? Whole different kettle of fish...

Corey
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd trade ONE of Harden/Ibaka + Perk + Picks.

After thinking about it, I wouldn't trade both Ibaka and Harden. They just made it to the finals with that core. I wouldn't break it up before you have to.

MagicBucsSox
07-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Um no. Your not keeping lamb, he's the only player from them we truly need. We don't need no pF of sf

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
This would make a potential LAL-OKC playoff matchup even more interesting. This would be the first playoff matchup of premier lowpost bigmen in a while.

John Walls Era
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
"@ESPNSteinLine: Rockets have sweetened their trade proposal for Dwight Howard. ESPN link w/ @chadfordinsider & all the names in play: http://t.co/n2kdVhOT

Rockets :facepalm:

If Dwight doesn't resign, this would be the worst GM decision in NBA history

No it wouldn't. They would have a ridiculous amount of cap space.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
No it wouldn't. They would have a ridiculous amount of cap space.

So they get rid of a BUNCH of young talented guys just taken in the 1st round, plus take on a bunch of crappy contracts. How is that not horrible?

jericho
07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
if i was orlando ibaka and harden hell yes i would do it but if i was okc i would try to keep ibaka just imagine that ibaka and d12 down low scary
i think something like harden+perkins+pj3+a pick or 2 could work idk

bucketss
07-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Howard's ego will ruin OKC.

what ego?

SouthSideRookie
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM

What's being offered appearantly by the Rockets is irrelevant, I just responded to your post when you said Dwight flat out said no to Houston. Well he actually said no to everyone, including the Lakers and everyone here knows why he wants no part of that team.

ManningToTyree
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
If this was true the magic would accepted by now lol.

king4day
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
"@ESPNSteinLine: Rockets have sweetened their trade proposal for Dwight Howard. ESPN link w/ @chadfordinsider & all the names in play: http://t.co/n2kdVhOT

Rockets :facepalm:

If Dwight doesn't resign, this would be the worst GM decision in NBA history

I agree. I also think if the Magic don't do this, then they are equally as moronid. houston is giving Howard nothing to work with. Why would he want to stay when you've traded every single asset you have.

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
They would probably still make the playoffs similar to how Magic make the playoffs every year.

king4day
07-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Asik has to be praying the Bulls match. Imagine thinking you'll start and then coming to a gutted team where it'd only depth is at center?

king4day
They would probably still make the playoffs similar to how Magic make the playoffs every year.

I dunno. In the west itll be difficult.
They still need a PG too. I'm thinking they'll wind up with Felton though.

C-Wick925
So houston wants the same team orlando currently has? and they think dwight will want to stay?

Change the team name and management and he will be happy! I bet the farm on it!

This is basically what houston is doing.. and at that point to me it comes down to TEXAS or FLORIDA.. No brainer for me personally.

waveycrockett
07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
So houston wants the same team orlando currently has? and they think dwight will want to stay?

Change the team name and management and he will be happy! I bet the farm on it!

This is basically what houston is doing.. and at that point to me it comes down to TEXAS or FLORIDA.. No brainer for me personally.

Ummm Florida??

Lakeshow24KB
07-13-2012, 11:44 AM

I don't know about that. The west is super tight from 3-8 unlike the east where the good talent only is in like the top 4

idrinkpepsi
07-13-2012, 11:46 AM
If OKC can get him to sign an extension, it'll be a solid move. Players will want to come play with them like when the big 3 was formed. If they could somehow do it for Perkins and Harden plus picks then holy **** watch out.

TheNumber37
The Magic Have to do this! It's too many assets and cap relief not to. They could rebuild into a playoff team by next season.

C-Style
I would not go that far......and d12 has made it clear he does not want to come to LA either. An that's why at this point I would rather us focus on the bench.

I would, and is not close. When did he say he would sign an extention in L.A

D-Block21-Chito
07-13-2012, 11:47 AM
East Top 4?

Miami
Bulls
Boston
Knicks
Nets
Pacers

Pretty legit teams right there

DoMeFavors
07-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't know about that. The west is super tight from 3-8 unlike the east where the good talent only is in like the top 4

Its not like Orlando is an 8th seed in EAST every year they usually are around 3-6 . Yeah it will be tight but it depends how monivated Dwight is going to his new team.

Gritz
07-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Its from Stein and on ESPN so it has to be true

Not from some bogus twitter

lol

JIDsanity
07-13-2012, 11:50 AM
It would be even worse if he sits out with "back problems" and forces Rockets to trade him at trade deadline

Then they trade him for Brook Lopez and Humphriess

So basically: Martin, Morris, Parsons, Lamb, White, Jones, 3 first round picks for Brook Lopez and Humphries hahahahahaha

Brooks
Richardson
Turk
Humphries
Lopez

****ed for years to come :laugh: You can't make this up

I could see this happening. He doesn't want to be in Houston. Its this or he will walk to LA or Dallas in the offseason

JIDsanity
07-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Asik has to be praying the Bulls match. Imagine thinking you'll start and then coming to a gutted team where it'd only depth is at center?

Lmao. Forgot about Asik. What is Houston doing?

koetravis
07-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Um no. Your not keeping lamb, he's the only player from them we truly need. We don't need no pF of sf

That's what Kevin Martin is for!

Baller1
07-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Most I'd give up is Harden, Perkins, plus picks. Maybe throw in Maynor if we have to.

Avenged
07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
:laugh2: Dwight is better off saying he'd rather stay in Orlando. What's the point of going to another city/state but pretty much having the same team if not worse.

C-Wick925
07-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Ummm Florida??

Yea if the entire rosters are basically being swapped id rather stay in orlando all day long if i were dwight. (I understand he may have a vendetta against the FO) but IMHO id prefer florida over texas anyday or the week

bootleg42
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Houston = biggest idiots on the planet.

So you're basically trading EVERYTHING YOU GOT (draft picks :facepalm: ) so that you can rent Dwight Howard for one year when he clearly wants to play for a contending team with at least another star or two (hence his reason for wanting to go to Brooklyn), and when you don't have anywhere near such a star or a good team?????

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

JordansBulls
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd trade ONE of Harden/Ibaka + Perk + Picks.

After thinking about it, I wouldn't trade both Ibaka and Harden. They just made it to the finals with that core. I wouldn't break it up before you have to.

For Dwight I would. Harden and Ibaka were no shows in the finals basically and as you could see OKC still lost with Durant averaging 31 and Westbrook 27. To beat a team like Miami you can't have your two best players at the same positions as there best 2 players. You need something elsewhere that Miami can't combat. And now with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis it becomes even more apparent that a great Center is what is needed. You see how much Dwight dominated them last year in the season, imagine now with KD and Westbrook as well.

310Casper
07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I kinda hope this bogus houston trade goes through.

It'll make this season so exciting and hillarious to watch. Dwight will miss the 1st half of hte season, then come back the 2nd half to play with jrich and hedo, on a worse team...in Texas...for 2 months.

Then dwight walks 2 months later when the season is over.

Houston is left with a ton of horrible contracts, no good picks, horrible situation to start all over again. Their GM will be gone.

q-town81
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
the are stupid if you trade parsons or any young player for a washed up 1 year rental that only believes that the nets are the only team that he can play with but with that big ego that dwight has i would laugh my butt off if the magic doesn't give in to him and make him play the season with them.

Pistol_Pete
07-13-2012, 12:22 PM
What is Houstons play here? Dwight has said he doesn't want to be there and will leave. Then they get rid of all their players, take on bad contracts, and give up picks to get Dwight for a season? Do they think they can flip him to LA for Bynum? Do they want what the nets were offering? Are they going to try and trade him to some other team? I just don't see how Houston comes out on top here.

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Its an obvious dumb move Mr. Morey.. :facepalm:

koetravis
07-13-2012, 12:27 PM
This trade that is rumored is pretty bad and most likely not true. I do not see the Rocket's getting rid of Parsons AND all three picks. Martin, Morris, Patterson, Lamb, and White plus two 1st rounders is plenty for Dwight and company.

justjames
07-13-2012, 12:27 PM
If Orlando had any foresight, they wouldn't do this trade. Harden and Ibaka Will make them a middle of the road team. Like the Hornets, they need to hit rock bottom before they start rebuilding.

SouthSideRookie
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
This trade that is rumored is pretty bad and most likely not true. I do not see the Rocket's getting rid of Parsons AND all three picks. Martin, Morris, Patterson, Lamb, and White plus two 1st rounders is plenty for Dwight and company.

You're right, it's not the proposed deal.

bootleg42
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
What is Houstons play here? Dwight has said he doesn't want to be there and will leave. Then they get rid of all their players, take on bad contracts, and give up picks to get Dwight for a season? Do they think they can flip him to LA for Bynum? Do they want what the nets were offering? Are they going to try and trade him to some other team? I just don't see how Houston comes out on top here.

ESPN is basically saying that they're going to try their best to sell Houston to him. Anyone with half a brain knows it won't work. He wanted to go to Brooklyn because there were stars. He wants to play with stars to be able to go up against the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, etc.

Houston has no stars. Dwight would be on an island on his own for half a season or two.

Maybe they're trying to get him knowing he won't want to play so that they can trade him at the deadline, then get multiple picks, tank the second half of the season, and get even more picks????

It's a head scratcher.

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2012, 12:30 PM
I hope their is an exception if Dwight didnt sign an extension, the Magic will give back their future picks to Rockets..

King41
07-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Is there any way we can just ship him to Toronto or Europe and all have a huge laugh?

That would be epic -- get him on a team with Iverson and Marbury in Indonesia or something.

yeeees ^^ this needs to happen

JWO35
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Who else would the Rockets have on their roster? :laugh:

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Howard go to LA, and STFU, stupid whore.

DreamShaker
07-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Morey needs to be fired NOW.

Punk
07-13-2012, 12:42 PM
I dunno. In the west itll be difficult.
They still need a PG too. I'm thinking they'll wind up with Felton though.

I believe Aaron Brooks will be signed.

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM

How is he going to LA?It's up to the Magic to trade him.

jericho
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
If Orlando had any foresight, they wouldn't do this trade. Harden and Ibaka Will make them a middle of the road team. Like the Hornets, they need to hit rock bottom before they start rebuilding.

False they would get back 2 proven young players all they would have left is get rid of the bad contracts and sign some more players not all teams have to go the same route okc did

Verbal Christ
07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
@ bootleg

Ur full of ****. Why don't u use facts to support your bogus claims.

The trade hasn't even happened and all the professional analysts on PSD want to chime in.

First of all Howard wanted to go to either NYC or LA not because of winning rings or competing. It was because of the bonus money he gets from his Adidas endorsement to play in a city where the sneaker sales could hugely impacted.

Your opinion is garbage.

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
ESPN is basically saying that they're going to try their best to sell Houston to him. Anyone with half a brain knows it won't work. He wanted to go to Brooklyn because there were stars. He wants to play with stars to be able to go up against the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, etc.

Houston has no stars. Dwight would be on an island on his own for half a season or two.

Maybe they're trying to get him knowing he won't want to play so that they can trade him at the deadline, then get multiple picks, tank the second half of the season, and get even more picks????

It's a head scratcher.

lol:laugh:

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
How is he going to LA?It's up to the Magic to trade him.

In my honest opinion they have the best pieces to offer.. But Dwight only wants Brooklyn.. You don't always get what you want.. But IF he would go to LA, he shouldn't complain..

majmarcus
07-13-2012, 12:47 PM
So, ummm, how do really feel lol

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 12:48 PM
So, ummm, how do really feel lol

HUH? :facepalm:

Dankster
07-13-2012, 12:48 PM
If that's the trade being proposed, I can't see how on earth Orlando doesn't take it. That is without a doubt the most one sided trade in NBA history. I can't believe that's the package being rumored.

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
HUH? :facepalm:

What?:eyebrow:

aztr0
07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
It'll be the Houston Magic. I don't know why but I just want to see D12 blow up in Morey's face for continuing to pursue D12, even though he has stated he won't go to any other team. I know I know, Nets can't sign him, but still, it'll be entertaining if they dump the whole team for a one year rental.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
What?:eyebrow:

Rephrase your last post..

Mr. NBA
07-13-2012, 12:54 PM
if the Magic and Rockets do make this deal and it becomes the one year rental.

This would be the greatest tragedy in the history of the NBA.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Okay.. If he IS traded to the Rockets.. What teams will have the cap to get him? Not Brooklyn...

He might be going to Dallas?

Rain City
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
The funny thing is Orlando is going to make any team that takes D12 also take the pieces of crap he is playing with in Orlando so how much better does his situation actually become.

THis hole thing is...... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Mr. NBA
07-13-2012, 12:58 PM
The funny thing is Orlando is going to make any team that takes D12 also take the pieces of crap he is playing with in Orlando so how much better does his situation actually become.

THis hole thing is...... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

and to go low as to plea to Dwight Howard to stay again?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I honestly expect Dwight to add LA to his list soon.If he is smart he would tell LA he will sign longterm and compete for championships.If he doesn't he is going to end up looking stupid by going to Houston and become the Orlando Magic west.

King41
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM
^
that will be his problem if he doesnt choose a second or third who he would resign

Mr. NBA
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM
houston, and orlando you have a problem. If Dwight Howard was a space shuttle

you know what would happen.

DRose7
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM
houston, and orlando you have a problem. If Dwight Howard was a space shuttle

you know what would happen.

Lol :facepalm:

Oldmantrash
07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Okay.. If he IS traded to the Rockets.. What teams will have the cap to get him? Not Brooklyn...

He might be going to Dallas?

They trade him straight up for Brook Lopez in January. :)

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
I expect Dwight to add LA to his list.If he was smart he would realize that he can compete for championships with LA.I don't think he want's to be stuck with the Houston Magic out west.Not unless he thinks Houston will trade him to Brooklyn at the deadline.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:04 PM

You are funny..

BigCityofDreams
07-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I expect Dwight to add LA to his list.If he was smart he would realize that he can compete for championships with LA.I don't think he want's to be stuck with the Houston Magic out west.Not unless he thinks Houston will trade him to Brooklyn at the deadline.

He might seriously think that if they know they can't convince him to stay.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:05 PM

So.. Houston will get rid of all their assets just to trade back to the Nets? You make no sense.. Why not a three team trade now involving Houston, Nets, and the Magic..

310Casper
07-13-2012, 01:06 PM

So essentialy Rockets end up wth 4 years of injury prone overpaid maxed out Brooke Lopez + a ton of bad contracts in hedo and jrich + losing all their picks

in exchange for

3 months of having dwight sit on their bench w/ a bad back before trading him to BK

It just doesn't make sense. :facepalm:

shep33
07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
If your Morey, wouldn't you try to convince LAL of taking on J-Rich, while only giving up like literally half those those assets to Orlando in a 3-way to get Bynum?

slaker619
07-13-2012, 01:10 PM
:mad: I'm not a rockets fan but they lose way too much if they do this if they want to be a playoff contender this isn't the answer at all :speechless:

310Casper
07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
If your Morey, wouldn't you try to convince LAL of taking on J-Rich, while only giving up like literally half those those assets to Orlando in a 3-way to get Bynum?

Lakers will not take Jrich, he slept with Nash's ex-wife when they were teammates. No way they make a move like that and kill team chemistry.

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 01:12 PM
So.. Houston will get rid of all their assets just to trade back to the Nets? You make no sense.. Why not a three team trade now involving Houston, Nets, and the Magic..

Yeah that can happen to,but rumors are Houston wants Dwight over Bynum.

Chronz
07-13-2012, 01:12 PM

I was pondering that same thought, but one the thing people dont understand about Morey is that he can find quality players in any draft so him forfeiting all these guys isnt a big issue. The issue is what is he going to do with Dwight once the year is over. I would think if Dwight leaves he can facilitate a sign and trade and rebuild properly, maybe even trade him for Bynum. Its a risk worth taking, if Dwight has no where else to go and wants the most money he will stay in Houston, where Morey can build up a championship cast pretty quickly. If he wants to leave then at least his owner will have nothing else to say against a rebuild.

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 01:13 PM

Rumors are Houston wants Dwight 1st and Bynum is their 2nd option.Pretty dumb move by their gm at least Bynum said he would consider signing with Houston.

flclfanman
07-13-2012, 01:14 PM
The owner of the Rockets need to fire Morey IMMEDIATELY if that trade goes through.

Houston become ORL Magic west with no picks, no bench and contract/salary cap hell while Orlando nabs Martin,Morris, HOUSTON'S ENTIRE DRAFT CLASS and AT LEAST 2 more first rounders.

**** that noise :crazy:

310Casper
07-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah that can happen to,but rumors are Houston wants Dwight over Bynum.

the sky is blue.

Of course any team would take dwight over bynum.

But in this case, Dwight wont sign long term w/ Houston.
Bynum (2nd best center in NBA) has Houston on his list of teams he'd sign with.

A 5 year old would know how to make a decision with these scenarios.

icon1914
07-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Is this the same GM that shuck down the Knicks for everything for TMacs expiring deal?

Chronz
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM
The owner of the Rockets need to fire Morey IMMEDIATELY if that trade goes through.

Houston become ORL Magic west with no picks, no bench and contract/salary cap hell while Orlando nabs Martin,Morris, HOUSTON'S ENTIRE DRAFT CLASS and AT LEAST 2 more first rounders.

LOL you dont think the owner would be giving his blessing in this type of trade if it were to go through.

Houston may become the Magic but they will spearheaded by a far superior GM. And if all gos to **** then they can rebuild properly.

You guys need to understand that the reason these draft picks are expendable is because Morey got them with getting Dwight in mind. Remember he essentially got 2 free draft pick, he turned a 2nd rounder (Budinger) into a first round pick. He turned Aaron Brooks into a few years of Dragic and another 1st round pick.

The only real loss is Parsons (another 2nd round pick). If your sensing a theme its that Morey has a proven track record for finding diamonds in the rough and converting them into superior assets. Why would his owner care that he turned all those into the best center in the game? Its a worthwhile risk because all those players came from his superior management. This is what he AND the owner have been waiting for. A chance to cash in.

nate2usmc
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM

The greatest risk is not takin one homes. Morey has something up his sleeve.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Is this the same GM that shuck down the Knicks for everything for TMacs expiring deal?

Yeah, it was.. The Knicks RISKED it.. You got to be in it to WIN it.. and the Knicks were pursuiting LeBron.. And now what players from the draft do the Rockets still have from that trade?

MagicBucsSox
07-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Marc stein says it'll take 3 days after Lin/Asik sign their offers. If their teams match, things move faster. Bc if ttheir not match Houston will take on MORE magic deals.

Via espn

icon1914
07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it was.. The Knicks RISKED it.. You got to be in it to WIN it.. and the Knicks were pursuiting LeBron.. And now what players from the draft do the Rockets still have from that trade?

I understand the Risk Walsh took. It was his plan... My point was this guy seems smarter than to offer his entire team for Orlando's team in order to maybe keep Howard longer than a year? The Knicks deal made me believe him to be savvy, this is changing my opinion.

Alphamale♂
07-13-2012, 01:32 PM
"I hereby block this trade because I want lebron james and the heat to win every year!"

-- David Stern

Stinkyoutsider
07-13-2012, 02:05 PM
I was in support of Morey before reading this? Giving up the entire team wouldn't be a good move in this situation. Who would want to take on Turk, Davis, and JRich's contracts? If I was a Rockets fan, I wouldn't want any of those players, even if we also got Howard.

Dade County
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
For Dwight I would. Harden and Ibaka were no shows in the finals basically and as you could see OKC still lost with Durant averaging 31 and Westbrook 27. To beat a team like Miami you can't have your two best players at the same positions as there best 2 players. You need something elsewhere that Miami can't combat. And now with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis it becomes even more apparent that a great Center is what is needed. You see how much Dwight dominated them last year in the season, imagine now with KD and Westbrook as well.

I don't want to imagine that.

But you do know that the HEAT always get Howard into foul trouble, so when this happens all the haters will say, the refs are giving Miami the game...smh

False they would get back 2 proven young players all they would have left is get rid of the bad contracts and sign some more players not all teams have to go the same route okc did

Agreed.

SouthSideRookie
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
MIA may not be a huge market but it is a big one and a far more desirable city than HOU. The Rockets are making a huge mistake of they are thinking along your lines. Howard will never sign there and the best they will get is Brook Lopez or Andrew Bynum

Houston is the 4th larget city and market-wise it's in the upper tier, I have no idea where you're getting the idea that it's a small market. The whole big market thing is way overblown. See Lebron and Durant(OKC,Cle and Miami).

Also I promise you that in a worse case scenario, Morey would not trade for Lopez considering the contract he just signed for. Morey has this mapped out and like any great GM he is many steps ahead of you, me or anybody else in this forum.

Oldmantrash
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
So essentialy Rockets end up wth 4 years of injury prone overpaid maxed out Brooke Lopez + a ton of bad contracts in hedo and jrich + losing all their picks

in exchange for

3 months of having dwight sit on their bench w/ a bad back before trading him to BK

It just doesn't make sense. :facepalm:

I was joking.

C-Style
07-13-2012, 02:56 PM
For any chance to see Dwight go to L.A he needs to come out and simply say Houston is not an option for him. "trade me to LA or I would like to join ATL & Dallas in the summer. "

C-Style
07-13-2012, 03:00 PM
no offense but who cares if Houston is a big market or not, ppl Dont die to go visit freaking Houston, nothing there to see. It cant compare to cities like L.A,MIA,Brooklyn,NY etc...

flclfanman
07-13-2012, 03:05 PM
LOL you dont think the owner would be giving his blessing in this type of trade if it were to go through.

Houston may become the Magic but they will spearheaded by a far superior GM. And if all gos to **** then they can rebuild properly.

You guys need to understand that the reason these draft picks are expendable is because Morey got them with getting Dwight in mind. Remember he essentially got 2 free draft pick, he turned a 2nd rounder (Budinger) into a first round pick. He turned Aaron Brooks into a few years of Dragic and another 1st round pick.

The only real loss is Parsons (another 2nd round pick). If your sensing a theme its that Morey has a proven track record for finding diamonds in the rough and converting them into superior assets. Why would his owner care that he turned all those into the best center in the game? Its a worthwhile risk because all those players came from his superior management. This is what he AND the owner have been waiting for. A chance to cash in.

Cash in? by bringing Dwight over with virtually the same squad he had in ORL minus Reddick and Anderson and Nelson (the GOOD players! :speechless:). Great so he gets Dwight. No bench, no cap space, and no picks for 2+ years... Good luck with that.

If Morey makes this deal without a Dwight extension. It would be the epitome of Moronic. Not to mention you're putting all your chips in the middle for a guy fresh off back surgery.

As for Morey finding "diamonds in the rough", he's about to potentially trade a few diamonds this year for a Fabrice Egg and a pile of Pop Rocks. This is the same guy that had Jeremy lin on his team for cheap and waived him just to throw 30 mil at him a year later :laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2012, 03:06 PM
This is crazy. What are the Rockets thinking? I just don't get this. I mean, unless Yao Ming is coming back and they plan on moving Dwight to PF... this is just going to blow up in their faces.

flclfanman
07-13-2012, 03:13 PM
^
More importantly, **** Dwight and and his "wishes". He's been conducting this ******** for 2 years and he expects to still get what he wants despite all the bridges he's burnt?

Dwight to Charlotte for MKG,Bismack and CHA's first next year.

Have a nice day :D

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 03:22 PM
^
More importantly, **** Dwight and and his "wishes". He's been conducting this ******** for 2 years and he expects to still get what he wants despite all the bridges he's burnt?

Dwight to Charlotte for MKG,Bismack and CHA's first next year.

Have a nice day :D

WTF.:facepalm:

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2012, 03:38 PM
That team is going to be terrible. Why would Dwight wanna stay?

keetyweedy
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
That team is going to be terrible. Why would Dwight wanna stay?

They just trying make $, that would be the only legitimate reason why they would even do such a deal & offer Lin so much

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 03:48 PM
I guess it will be official next week.

http://www.probasketballnews.com/news/sources-rockets-clear-front-runner-to-add-howard/

Cromedome
07-13-2012, 03:51 PM
So their starting 4 minus Nelson are going to Houston?

jmoney85
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
houston magic?

rockets-fan
07-13-2012, 04:01 PM
This is the Deal I think that will go down if we do not make a 3 way trade with Los Angeles:

Rockets Receive

C Dwight Howard
F Hedo Turkgolu
G Duhon

Magic Receive:

G Kevin Martin
G Jeremy Lamb or F Morris
F Terrence Jones
F Patrick Patterson

3 1st Round picks
2 Second Round Picks

Leaving The Rockets Starting line up as

Pg- Douglas???/ Lull ( Is he coming over this year???)
Sg- Lamb (if they take Morris)
Sf- Parsons
Pf- Montejunas
C- Howard

Don't love it but like it. Rather have Bynum though.

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
So they are still going to pay Asik $8M to back up Howard for 10-15 minutes per game? :laugh:

MagicBucsSox
07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
This is the Deal I think that will go down if we do not make a 3 way trade with Los Angeles:

Rockets Receive

C Dwight Howard
F Hedo Turkgolu
G Duhon

Magic Receive:

G Kevin Martin
F Terrence Jones
F Patrick Patterson

3 1st Round picks
2 Second Round Picks

Sf- Parsons
Pf- Montejunas
C- Howard

Bro your taking Davis and Jrich too

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM

Rockets Receive

C Dwight Howard
F Hedo Turkgolu
G Duhon

Magic Receive:

G Kevin Martin
F Terrence Jones
F Patrick Patterson

3 1st Round picks
2 Second Round Picks

Sf- Parsons
Pf- Montejunas
C- Howard

OMG Toney Douglas will be Houston's starting pg?lmao

rockets-fan
07-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Bro your taking Davis and Jrich too

Thats who I forgot, I knew I was forgetting at least 1 person we would be taking back. My mistake, Yea them too

wtbaseball
07-13-2012, 04:04 PM
So they are still going to pay Asik $8M to back up Howard for 10-15 minutes per game? :laugh:

The Bulls are probably going to match and if they do not, Howard is going to be out for a couple months to start the season so no he will be the starter for the mean time.

*Superman*
07-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Sources say that Hennigan, meanwhile, would be more comfortable with taking back a package of youngsters, recent draftees and future first-round draft picks -- while shedding all that long-term salary as well -- than taking on Bynum as Howard's replacement.

Trade is expected around this time next week.

rockets-fan
07-13-2012, 04:05 PM

Isnt Howard sitting out for like 3 months? So no he will be Starting Untill (IF) Howard comes back.

BigCityofDreams
07-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Is it a guarantee he won't start the season?

rockets-fan
07-13-2012, 04:07 PM
OMG Toney Douglas will be Houston's starting pg?lmao

As of right now yes. There were rumors about the Rockets taking interest on A.Brooks.

I hope we can get a decent PG before this season is up.

*Superman*
07-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Larry Coon.

Morey: We’d like you to trade Dwight to the Houston Rockets.

Hennigan: For what?

Morey: The Houston Rockets.

Lol.

Cromedome
07-13-2012, 04:09 PM
If Toney Douglas is running the show....you can kiss your chances at anything GOODBYE!

BuddhaMONK
07-13-2012, 04:10 PM
this is prolly true...i mean raps destroyed them on the lowry trade and that was true

*Superman*
07-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Lin signed Rockets offer sheet, Knicks have 3 days to match.

D12 fan
07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Trade is expected around this time next week.

Nah duh,I just posted the article.

rhino17
07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
The ROckets have changed the terms of the previously reported contract for Lin

3rd year is now guaranteed. It was also previously reported that the 3rd poison year would be 9.2 mil, the Rockets have now upped it to 14.9 mil, Knicks will have a tough time matching now

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
DwiLin-sanity!!!!!!!!!!! :speechless:

Raph12
07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
They really think Dwight will want to stay for Lin and Asik? Really?

Kleonidas
07-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Fingers crossed.

gotoHcarolina52
07-13-2012, 04:26 PM

3rd year is now guaranteed. It was also previously reported that the 3rd poison year would be 9.2 mil, the Rockets have now upped it to 14.9 mil, Knicks will have a tough time matching now

They have to match. Lin is their cash cow.

USMCLaker
07-13-2012, 04:26 PM

I don't think they are making a run at Lin to get Dwight to stay; Houston is no stranger to the international market appeal and subsequent dollars from an international fan base. It will make more dollars than sense. I don't know maybe I'm wrong but that's my two cents.

EDUTEXANS
07-13-2012, 04:30 PM

so now is 3 years, 25 million, all guaranteed with almost 15 million in the 3rd year

interesting to see what the Knicks do, they will still probably match, but unless they get rid of Amare or Chandler, 2015 will be pretty espensive

*Superman*
07-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Nah duh,I just posted the article.

I didn't read it, I found out on another site.

rhino17
07-13-2012, 04:32 PM
They have to match. Lin is their cash cow.

they will be over the cap with only 4 contracts

Blazers#1Fan
07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
dumb move by the rockets there gonna gut there roster and have what the magics roster in Houston smart move by the Magic though they get a bunch of building pieces for the future

Howard
Davis
Hedo
Richardson
Lin