PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Korver to Minnesota

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Michael Cunningham@ajchawks

Source says ‪#Hawks‬ had interest in ‪#Bulls‬ F Kyle Korver but he's likely headed to Minnesota in trade

with the additon of B.Roy & possibly Batum & Korver are the T-wolves a top 5 playoff Team???

xabial
07-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Quite Possible the First All White NBA Team. Their Good Players Though :D

Hellcrooner
07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
^deppends on How fast is rubio recovery and how the injury affects his game/developemente when he is back.

Cfrey
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
lets go!!! korver!!!

nycericanguy
Kahn is racist...

and CHI looks like they are going tank mode for next year

Cfrey
our team is gonna be so white #whitepower

slynxpac
who will the Bulls get?

king4day
07-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Batum isn't going to Minny. With Roy, Korver, and Buddinger, they've got depth. If Rubio returns this year and is his old self, I could see this team giving someone real fits in the playoffs.

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 12:47 PM
What is Chicago doing getting rid of Kyle Korver? He was a solid rotation player and developed into a very good wing defender. Who will Chicago get to replace him?

king4day
07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
who will the Bulls get?

Probably nothing more than a future second rounder. I read they may waive him by Sunday.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes, Korver makes them a top five playoff team.

HouRealCoach
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Don't forget Alexey Shved... But I think they are a 5-7 seed for this year and next year they will contend

D-Block21-Chito
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
damn this sucks

JPS
07-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Minnesota should change their name to the Washington Generals

FourOhThree
07-11-2012, 12:52 PM
What is Chicago doing getting rid of Kyle Korver? He was a solid rotation player and developed into a very good wing defender. Who will Chicago get to replace him?

It's a salary dump, along with choosing not to re-sign CJ Watson. The Bulls are still looking at adding some free agents and this gives them a bit more flexibility.

Blitzbolt
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
What About the russian guy for the wolves they are gonna have to release someone.?

nbrod
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I can definitely see them making the playoffs. They were on pace last year before ricky got hurt and they still have a lot of young pieces that have the potential to be better this year

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Batum isn't going to Minny. With Roy, Korver, and Buddinger, they've got depth. If Rubio returns this year and is his old self, I could see this team giving someone real fits in the playoffs.

Not sure why POR is so hooked up him especially for 45 mil, its obvious with Ind matching Hibberts offer sheet they have no chance at even making the playoffs with their current roster, why not let him go and try building around LA he's still fairly young

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
It's a salary dump, along with choosing not to re-sign CJ Watson. The Bulls are still looking at adding some free agents and this gives them a bit more flexibility.

I'm not liking the direction the bulls are going with these moves. Their my second fav eastern conference team. I'm just a big believer in if its not broke no need to try and fix it. Let's hope they use their young guys and add some key FA's.

llemon
07-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Reported that they are looking at Gerald Green

Cfrey
07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
What About the russian guy for the wolves they are gonna have to release someone.?

brad miller, martell webster, and darko milicic will all be gone

also i think batum is still possible as we still have assets that POR might be interested in.. throw in the fact that batum has been adamant he wants to play in Minnesota and I find it hard to believe POR will give him such a lucrative contract to play for a team he doesn't want to play for..

so if we come out with Roy, Korver, Batum and Shved this offseason you are looking at top 6 seed

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 01:01 PM
bulls are smart, they know they arent contending this season, rebuild for 2013 and beyond.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:04 PM
my personal guess is that the Wolves are moving a guaranteed deal like Ridnour for a non-guaranteed deal in Korver to be able to officially make Batum and offer, and sign Roy, Shved, etc.

If he ends up staying with Minny, a great shooter who sort of needs to be hidden on defense.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
please keep in mind that racist comments will be deleted if you post them. Punishment the same as always.

KnIckFaN.2883
07-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Nikola Pekovic?

daboywonder2002
07-11-2012, 01:10 PM
we need to stop being so sensitive when it comes to race. i mean heck im sure even the white fans are upset about having almost 0 african american players on the team. something is obviously wrong here.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:11 PM
my personal guess is that the Wolves are moving a guaranteed deal like Ridnour for a non-guaranteed deal in Korver to be able to officially make Batum and offer, and sign Roy, Shved, etc.

If he ends up staying with Minny, a great shooter who sort of needs to be hidden on defense.

Do you think it would be a smart move to get rid of Ridnour rather than Barrea? Barrea & Rubio are two totally diff pg so it prob wold throw off there offensive scheme somewhat , ridnour is more of a facilitator than Barrea is

torocan
07-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Nice pick up for Minnesota.

They're definitely right in the running assuming Rubio comes back strong.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Do you think it would be a smart move to get rid of Ridnour rather than Barrea? Barrea & Rubio are two totally diff pg so it prob wold throw off there offensive scheme somewhat , ridnour is more of a facilitator than Barrea is

oh god no, I would much rather send Barea, but I doubt the Bulls are looking for a midget who can't play defense that pounds the air out of the ball and can't shoot. That doesn't seem like a Tom T. type of guy...

ChiSportsDaily
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm not liking the direction the bulls are going with these moves. Their my second fav eastern conference team. I'm just a big believer in if its not broke no need to try and fix it. Let's hope they use their young guys and add some key FA's.

Our salary cap's broke...

DeyAce
07-11-2012, 01:15 PM
bulls are smart, they know they arent contending this season, rebuild for 2013 and beyond.

Exactly.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:17 PM
oh god no, I would much rather send Barea, but I doubt the Bulls are looking for a midget who can't play defense that pounds the air out of the ball and can't shoot. That doesn't seem like a Tom T. type of guy...

lol True...

Punk
07-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Glad to see Minny building an identity. Love and Pekovic will draw double teams which will allow Korver/Budinger wide open shots.

Kashmir13579
07-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Twolves are gonna be SCARY.

AddiX
07-11-2012, 01:28 PM

that ish had me lol...

Hawkeye15
Glad to see Minny building an identity. Love and Pekovic will draw double teams which will allow Korver/Budinger wide open shots.

not sure if Korver is there this season, but they also signed Shved from Russia, who is a dead eye shooter.

TheNumber37
I can see a Lakers wolves first round matchup.

Marshallp22
It's a salary dump, along with choosing not to re-sign CJ Watson. The Bulls are still looking at adding some free agents and this gives them a bit more flexibility

Aot of this has to do with the Bulls trying to match Omer Asik's offer from Houston. They basically lost everyone on their bench except gibson for now. That Boozer contract is killing them.

Kashmir13579
07-11-2012, 01:29 PM

So Korver's awesome defense last year and prior was just a product of the team he was on? I mean, maybe it wasn't "awesome" defense, but i definitely didn't see him getting exposed.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
so the Wolves would be taking ON salary?

I am so confused at what Kahn is doing. Nothing new there I guess.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:31 PM
So Korver's awesome defense last year and prior was just a product of the team he was on? I mean, maybe it wasn't "awesome" defense, but i definitely didn't see him getting exposed.

he was exposed during the playoffs with certain matchups, but outside Durant, there aren't any SF's that will be killing him out west. His ratings are for sure a product of the Bulls team defense, though he does have a basic understanding of positional defense and helping out.

nicegoing
07-11-2012, 01:37 PM

DAMN! lol

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
he was exposed during the playoffs with certain matchups, but outside Durant, there aren't any SF's that will be killing him out west. His ratings are for sure a product of the Bulls team defense, though he does have a basic understanding of positional defense and helping out.

Rudy Gay & Gallinari both will be better

twin4life
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
This isnt final is it?? Just rumored to have the wolves as favorites correct??

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Rudy Gay & Gallinari both will be better

then Korver? Of course. What I mean is, he won't match up with Bron, Melo, or Iggy in round 1 for instance. Course, I just screwed myself. The Wolves will now get the #7 seed, drawing Durant in round 1...

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:42 PM
DAMN! lol

my evalutaions are harsh. Yet true.

But mostly harsh.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:42 PM
This isnt final is it?? Just rumored to have the wolves as favorites correct??

True...but almost a definite that Korver is out of Chicago, so I expect it to happen soon

twin4life
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
True...but almost a definite that Korver is out of Chicago, so I expect it to happen soon

so its going to be a S&T.. I wonder what Korver is looking at for $$

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
then Korver? Of course. What I mean is, he won't match up with Bron, Melo, or Iggy in round 1 for instance. Course, I just screwed myself. The Wolves will now get the #7 seed, drawing Durant in round 1...

you think so??? I have it going like this

1.OKC
2.SAS
3.LAL(if they get DH12, if they dont swap with 4)
4.LAC
5.MIN
6.MEM
7.PHX
8.toss up(maybe Dallas, a very very strong maybe)

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
you think so??? I have it going like this

1.OKC
2.SAS
3.LAL(if they get DH12, if they dont swap with 4)
4.LAC
5.MIN
6.MEM
7.PHX
8.toss up(maybe Dallas, a very very strong maybe)

while I love your order as a Wolves fan, that would mean that Chronz and I are going to be arguing for months.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
so its going to be a S&T.. I wonder what Korver is looking at for $$

possibly for ridnour or a 2nd rounder and $$$, since they're letting watson, brewer & Lucas go

effen5
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM

He's actually a very good defender under Thibs since hes come to Chicago, it may shock you.

This sucks man, and I just met KK at the gas station a few weeks ago and he bought me a gatorade.

We'll miss you hot sauce.

twin4life
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
possibly for ridnour or a 2nd rounder and $$$, since they're letting watson, brewer & Lucas go

please take JJ

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
He's actually a very good defender under Thibs since hes come to Chicago, it may shock you.

This sucks man, and I just met KK at the gas station a few weeks ago and he bought me a gatorade.

We'll miss you hot sauce.

well, notice everyone becomes a better defender under Thibs. I am worried he goes back to his Utah defense (average/above average) under Adelman.

But again, its obvious the Wolves are getting shooters, shooters, shooters. Fine with me. Hopefully I don't have to watch Wes Johnson punish the poor rim on wide open corner bombs anymore.

effen5
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
please take JJ

Why the hell would we need another pg?

Rose/teague/hinrich....no thanks

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:55 PM
while I love your order as a Wolves fan, that would mean that Chronz and I are going to be arguing for months.

lol i mean it seems like the most logical case scenario, & that's from a mavericks fan but Im a basketball fan first

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Why the hell would we need another pg?

Rose/teague/hinrich....no thanks

We will give you JJ's biggest fan in the deal too though...

Does that "sweeten" it?

twin4life
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
We will give you JJ's biggest fan in the deal too though...

Does that "sweeten" it?

x2 Your getting one heck of a deal

effen5
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
:laugh:

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 01:59 PM

Kawhi Leonard would lock him down bad.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 01:59 PM

lock who down?

GeekInThePink
07-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Great trade, Minnesota could be pretty surprising this year granted Rubio comes back at a high level.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 02:04 PM

Sorry but not against KK off the ball movement, he Kind of reminds me of Sugar ray back in his seattle days they way he comes off the screen picks...like butter... except he's not as an efficient shooter as ray was

Losoway
07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
lmao ! @ minnesota being a top playoff team now because of korver

Six-8-TheWizard
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Quite Possible the First All White NBA Team. Their Good Players Though :D

Since the 50s anyway

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 02:10 PM

whoa whoa top playoff team no but 7-8 seed is a strong possibility for now.

Oefarmy2005
07-11-2012, 02:23 PM
This is not confirmed at this point(I am talking about the Korver trade here), but what it tells me is that the Wolves FO probably knows that Batum is not coming.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 02:24 PM

1.rubio/Shved/barrea/ridnour(optional)
2.B.Roy/ Johnson/Webster
3.batum(possibly)/Williams/Korver
4.Love/Buddinger
5.Pekovic/Milicic

now name me 5 teams that will be better

HowBoutDemBulls
07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Most unathletic team ever.

InRoseWeTrust
07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
2.B.Roy/ Johnson/Webster
4.Love/Buddinger
5.Pekovic/Milicic

SA, OKC, Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets...and that's just the West.

Toastyy
07-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Finally getting Rubio some shooters

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
SA, OKC, Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets...and that's just the West.

I was talking about the West

& I agree with every team you said until you said the nuggets....they play good team ball but I don't see them beating out Minny for the 5th spot, cant go based off what you seen this season being it was there first season all playing together and compressed season and they didn't get enough reps to actually gel vs a denver team who has played together and has had almost a good 2 seasons to adapt to each other

Thegame187
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
2.B.Roy/ Johnson/Webster
4.Love/Buddinger
5.Pekovic/Milicic

I guess you assumed that Batum is 100% coming over and also that Roy and Rubio have no issue's coming back from a couple of minor injuries.

As a Houston fan I thought we were looking good when Yao was going to play 24 minutes a game during his come back, look how that turned out. This is still a team that a contender wont mind playing in the first round if they make it. lets discuss how many teams are better than them once they get some games under there belt together.

PS: I am thinking Roy is going to be close to Redd, gets a good season of playing time, but the rust will limit him to under 15 points (15 would be amazing, but I don't think he would get that).

Rubio is young so the future aint a huge concern, but a rookie coming back from an ACL just can't be considered a top flight PG in this league right now

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I guess you assumed that Batum is 100% coming over and also that Roy and Rubio have no issue's coming back from a couple of minor injuries.

As a Houston fan I thought we were looking good when Yao was going to play 24 minutes a game during his come back, look how that turned out. This is still a team that a contender wont mind playing in the first round if they make it. lets discuss how many teams are better than them once they get some games under there belt together.

PS: I am thinking Roy is going to be close to Redd, gets a good season of playing time, but the rust will limit him to under 15 points (15 would be amazing, but I don't think he would get that).

Rubio is young so the future aint a huge concern, but a rookie coming back from an ACL just can't be considered a top flight PG in this league right now

as a Wolves fan, I think this was a very fair post. Until we see what Rubio's final healing process yields, and Roy shows those knees can hold up, its all a guess. They haven't even made an official offer to Batum, I have no idea what is going on there.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 02:49 PM

no I assumed Batum as a Possibility , still have to remember they do still have last year 2nd overall pick Derrick Williams so I would consider Batum to be a plus not a garuntee...with that being said as far as roy goes I dont expect him to even avg 15ppg, im thinking more on the line of 10-12ppg with johnson & webster picking up the rest of the slack

& I dont consider Rubio a top flight PG, but a top flight facilitating PG YES, and with them acquiring Shved from russia who plays similar to rubio they would be able penetrate and dish out to Love, Korver, Roy & Buddinger

NBAFan2012
07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
The WOlves will suck like every year until they accept the fact that Kevin Love is not a franchise player and they move on

jrudnik
07-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Kahn is racist...

and CHI looks like they are going tank mode for next year

The Bulls can't decide whether to tank or go for it...so they've settled for in between. It looks like they want to see what the core can do before Rose comes back and make the decision on tanking at the trade deadline. If Hinrich, Deng, Boozer and Noah can stay healthy and Rose comes back with the team between 3 and 6 in the East, they could be buyers with Teague, Butler and Charlotte's protected pick available.

http://jakubrudnik.blogspot.com/

jrudnik
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
QUOTE=NBAFan2012;22893005]The WOlves will suck like every year until they accept the fact that Kevin Love is not a franchise player and they move on[/QUOTE]

:facepalm:[

Kevin Love:
PER: 25.41 (5th in NBA)
Estimated Wins Added: 14.8 (4th)
Rebound Rate: 19.0 (T-10th)

Better True Shooting % than Dirk

Love is an elite scorer and rebounder, legitimate 3-point threat and a fantastic passer. If he is not a franchise player, how many teams have one? It can't be more than five or six (Heat, Thunder, Magic, Bulls, Clippers and Nets) unless you have some criteria for "franchise player" that can't be determined with production.

Losoway
07-11-2012, 03:37 PM
2.B.Roy/ Johnson/Webster
4.Love/Buddinger
5.Pekovic/Milicic

this lineup sounds horrible

lmao :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

beardown78
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
this lineup sounds horrible

lmao :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

lol:facepalm:
He typed the lineup out as if that team were stacked lol

Punk
07-11-2012, 03:48 PM
QUOTE=NBAFan2012;22893005]The WOlves will suck like every year until they accept the fact that Kevin Love is not a franchise player and they move on

:facepalm:

Kevin Love:
PER: 25.41 (5th in NBA)
Estimated Wins Added: 14.8 (4th)
Rebound Rate: 19.0 (T-10th)

Better True Shooting % than Dirk

Love is an elite scorer and rebounder, legitimate 3-point threat and a fantastic passer. If he is not a franchise player, how many teams have one? It can't be more than five or six (Heat, Thunder, Magic, Bulls, Clippers and Nets) unless you have some criteria for "franchise player" that can't be determined with production.

Owned! :laugh2:

Love is certainly a franchise player and superstar. He needs to play with a legit roster.

John Walls Era
07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Michael Cunningham@ajchawks

Source says ‪#Hawks‬ had interest in ‪#Bulls‬ F Kyle Korver but he's likely headed to Minnesota in trade

with the additon of B.Roy & possibly Batum & Korver are the T-wolves a top 5 playoff Team???

If they get Batum they should make it. B Roy and Korver are not difference makers in terms of making the playoffs, they add depth though.

EDIT: Hell no... top 5? Not even top 5 in the West.

Losoway
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
lol:facepalm:
He typed the lineup out as if that team were stacked lol

lmao i bet he was serious too

that lineup is the worst

Kashmir13579
07-11-2012, 04:00 PM

I would say this about many players the Bulls have put out there in the last 2 seasons.

Kashmir13579
07-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Are we really discussing whether or not Love is a franchise player? smfh. What has he shown us that would lead us to believe he isn't? Or just something some bafoon said off-handedly.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I would say this about many players the Bulls have put out there in the last 2 seasons.

yeppers. Great defensive coach's get more out of guys because they develop a scheme and spend a lot of time working on it. Obviously having an anchor is necessary, but you would be amazed at what a great defensive coach brings out in players.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Are we really discussing whether or not Love is a franchise player? smfh. What has he shown us that would lead us to believe he isn't? Or just something some bafoon said off-handedly.

Ignore it. I did, for the 100th time.

Kashmir13579
07-11-2012, 04:07 PM
yeppers. Great defensive coach's get more out of guys because they develop a scheme and spend a lot of time working on it. Obviously having an anchor is necessary, but you would be amazed at what a great defensive coach brings out in players.
I'm hoping to see something similar with my Knicks this season. We'll see how that shakes out. :laugh2:

Ignore it. I did, for the 100th time.
Some people's kids, man...

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm hoping to see something similar with my Knicks this season. We'll see how that shakes out. :laugh2:

Some people's kids, man...

Woodson: "bend those knees Carmelo, and lock that guy up!"
Melo: "Eff you fat man, I am here to score"

Kashmir13579
07-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Woodson: "bend those knees Carmelo, and lock that guy up!"
Melo: "Eff you fat man, I am here to score"

:laugh:

Whats even funnier is imagining this exchange with Amar'e...

"Defense?! What the hell is this defense, you speak of?"

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
If they get Batum they should make it. B Roy and Korver are not difference makers in terms of making the playoffs, they add depth though.

EDIT: Hell no... top 5? Not even top 5 in the West.

I was talking about the west, and yes Batum makes a difference but not so big to were he determines if they make it or not...and as far as 5-8 playoff slots go none of the remaining teams in the west are a shoe in for any of those spots so why wouldnt Minny be one of them to actually get that #5 spot?

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I will say, the Wolves were in the 8th spot when Rubio went down, and there was approximately 212,000 times last season where I am watching them and said, "If we even had butt reaming average wings, we would be so competitive".

TheIlladelph16
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I can't get over how white this team is hahahaha

Talented team and I can see them being 5-7 seed depending on how Rubio's knee recovers and how quickly. Contenders within the next 3 years though definitely.

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 04:27 PM
I can't get over how white this team is hahahaha

Talented team and I can see them being 5-7 seed depending on how Rubio's knee recovers and how quickly. Contenders within the next 3 years though definitely.

Finally somebody that actually see's a possibility, thats all i was saying....

and Im not even a Minny fan Im a dallas fan and I could see this team actually contending for the 5 spot

Kashmir13579
07-11-2012, 04:27 PM
I will say, the Wolves were in the 8th spot when Rubio went down, and there was approximately 212,000 times last season where I am watching them and said, "If we even had butt reaming average wings, we would be so competitive".

I called Twolves in the playoffs last year when most Twolves fans disagreed with me. I still stand fast that, it would've happened if not for Rubio's injury. They will be in the playoffs this year, likely 5-7 seed if all goes as planned.

And i won't even rule out a higher seed if everything is clicking. You guys have to have a little luck on your side at some-point. Law of averages.

AKA TheMamba
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
possibly the first all white starting lineup in decades lol..

rubio korver budinger love pekovic

pacofunk64
07-11-2012, 04:34 PM
The Bulls did it so they could make their move for Howard
Bulls
Howard & Richardson

Magic
Deng & Martin

Rockets
Asik, Turk, QRich, & Harper

Sarcasm :D

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 04:36 PM
possibly the first all white starting lineup in decades lol..

rubio korver budinger love pekovic

if they miss on Batum, expect them to try for Courtney Lee, who would start at SG, unless Roy appears to be 23 again.

TheLittleTicket
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I can see a Lakers wolves first round matchup.

you think the Lakers are just going to squeak into the playoffs as an 8 seed huh? :laugh:

greg_ory_2005
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Wolves are possibly the team to beat right now.

TheRunKiller
07-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes, Korver makes them a top five playoff team.

Whatever ur smoking I want some

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 05:02 PM

In the Minnesota/Iowa/Nebraska/Dakotas area.

TheRunKiller
07-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Lol

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Who did the bulls get in this trade?

King41
07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
wolves are not bad this years i will look at rubio and pekovic how this turns out

Beantownsboss
07-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Not a top 5 team in the west, but 6-8 seed barring injuries for sure.

Draco
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM

Not if Doug's analysis is correct. It gives them less flexibility.

What they can't rationalize outside of saying "we're cheap" is not matching Omer. They announced that locking him up was there number one off-season priority. They clearly like the guy. They clearly want him to stay long term. If he leaves then it's clearly because they would lose out on profit. His high salary won't be a hindrance to the team outside of that. If the Bulls were to go all in, his final year actually could ADD flexibility as a massive expiring deal to match salaries in a trade and give bird rights to the team receiving him as a quality player they could keep.

There's also no way to justify losing Korver with no one to replace him with either. There's no Korver replacement who is better out there for the Bulls to get. If they let him go, nor does dropping him help their flexibility in other areas. It significantly hurts their flexibility to make a trade later.
http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential/2012/07/lets-not-call-the-bulls-cheap-yet/

SACNYY
07-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Korver come to the Kings!!!