PDA

View Full Version : Nets to resolve pursuit of Dwight today

HaruSoul
07-11-2012, 11:08 AM
League source says @brooklynnets will "resolve" their pursuit of Dwight Howard today (via @RicBucher)

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/223069906621575168

I guess we will see what bucher actually knows today.

Badluck33
07-11-2012, 11:10 AM
What will PSD talk about after this is resolved??

Glen20
07-11-2012, 11:10 AM
i hope he ends up in houston :P

yanks19791024
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
OMG enough is enough already with Dwight

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
A miracle

310Casper
07-11-2012, 11:22 AM
oldest trick in the book.

They'll still take Dwight after today.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM

They cant

Draco
07-11-2012, 11:24 AM

not if they turn their attention to other players.

310Casper
07-11-2012, 11:25 AM
They cant

they cant sign dwight tomorrow?

HaruSoul
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM

They will probably start making other moves, making it not possible for them to obtain him.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM
omg, just trade him already

Marco22
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I hope they find a team for this big clown. I'm sick of seeing his stupid face for 2 years.

Iron24th
07-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Does it means that they're confident about landing dwight?

BabyJayMusic
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
They have a max deal in place for Lopez, once his name is signed on the contract either the nets trade him that day or cannot until December and won't have the ability to trade for Howard, now or never Orlando

Jroz
07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Does it means that they're confident about landing dwight?

it means come on Orlando get it over with already!!!!

torocan
07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll be very happy if this is true and they can settle the Dwight trade one way or the other today.

Looking forward to the end of the Dwight trade drama.

HaruSoul
07-11-2012, 11:31 AM
The Brooklyn Nets will "resolve" their pursuit of Dwight Howard on Wednesday, a league source said.

New general manager Billy King is meeting with the agent for center Brook Lopez in Los Angeles on Wednesday, sources said, and it is expected that he will either sign Lopez with the intent on dealing him to the Orlando Magic for Howard or sign Lopez with the idea of keeping him and moving forward without Howard.

The Nets are convinced the chance of making a deal for Howard will be undermined as teams sign free agents and eliminate their flexibility to be trade partners in providing the draft picks, salary-cap room and young talent the Magic are seeking for their disgruntled All-Star center.

On Tuesday night, the Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Lakers rejoined the Nets as the most serious potential trade partners with the Magic on a Howard deal, sources close to the process told ESPN.coms Marc Stein.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets are discussing a multitude of trade scenarios with the Magic, offering to serve both as the team that would acquire Howard in a direct trade between the clubs and also as a third team that would participate in a trade that lands Howard with the Lakers and brings All-Star center Andrew Bynum to Houston.

Sources say that new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan might feel more comfortable taking back a package of youngsters, recent draftees and future first-round draft picks -- while shedding some long-term salary as well -- than taking on Bynum as Howard's replacement and facing a similar challenge in convincing him to commit to the franchise long-term like the Magic have dealt with for months with Howard.

The key elements of the three-team proposal, sources said, call for the Lakers to acquire Howard and the Rockets -- realizing their long-running quest to acquire a top-20 player -- to take back the mercurial Bynum as he enters the final year of his contract.

The Nets have been working feverishly all month to finally acquire Howard to pair with returning All-Star guard Deron Williams and incoming All-Star guard Joe Johnson, but they need other teams to help complete the deal.

Sources told ESPN.com on Monday the Nets and Magic were cautiously optimistic the Cavaliers and Clippers would sign off on a four-team blockbuster that would have sent Howard to Brooklyn. But sources said that the complexities involved in that trade, which required free agents such as Lopez and Kris Humphries to agree to be signed and traded to make it work, appear to have led to its collapse. Another factor, sources say, is Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert's reluctance to sign off on a trade that would surely set up the Cavaliers for heavy criticism for their role in helping the Nets assemble the NBA's latest star-laden lineup to compete with the Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder and Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8156575/2012-nba-free-agency-brooklyn-nets-set-resolve-dwight-howard-bid-source?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:37 AM

They can't trade Lopez after today.

Kerv_the_Knick
07-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Nets, Rockets, Lakers, Stern, ANYBODY...Just trade this clown away already

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Ric Bucher is on First Take elaborating on his article

joeystats
07-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Here's @RicBucher story on Nets to "resolve" Dwight Howard bid by end of day … espn.go.com/new-york/nba/s…
4m
Nets fearful of an offer sheet for Lopez from another team if they don't act by end of day. Offer sheet would kill sign-and-trade anyway
5m
Lopez's agent pushing Nets to either sign Lopez for themselves or do a sign-and-trade by end of the day.
5m
Following up on @RicBucher report: Nets have told Magic if there's a Dwight Howard deal, must be done by end of business day
Ken Berger @KBergCBS
7m
As of yesterday, Lakers assured Bynum's camp, "Nothing's happening" on the trade front, a person close to the All-Star center said.
Ken Berger @KBergCBS
8m
Neither Andrew Bynum nor his agent has been contacted by any team to gauge his interest in signing a long-term deal if traded, source says.

joeystats
07-11-2012, 11:39 AM
John Schuhmann @johnschuhmann
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Kyle Lowry trade to TOR & Ryan Anderson S&T to New Orleans are official.

mark1125
07-11-2012, 11:41 AM
What will PSD talk about after this is resolved??

Miami, LeBron, League being fixed. Some things will never change here.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
looks like no chance Lakers are in this. It is coming down to Nets or Houston or Magic. Odds on the Magic lol

jrm2054
07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
this can backfire or work out well either way get over it today. I hope this ends today.

D-Block21-Chito
07-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Bynum hasn't been contacted? WOW!! This is going to suck but be hilarious if he ends up in houston haha

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
As of yesterday, Lakers assured Bynum's camp, "Nothing's happening" on the trade front, a person close to the All-Star center said.

wow

NYY09
07-11-2012, 11:52 AM
This Dwight thing is turning uglier than the LeBron and Melo thing put together. smh.

310Casper
07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
No dwight signing long term + his back injury might be out to start the season = not wanted in LA.

We'll stick with Bynum for now.

Young2Kinsler
07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Send this woman to the WNBA

Young2Kinsler
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
They can't trade Lopez after today.

No.

Lopez and his agents just either want an offer sheet today or they are going shopping, or might have an offer already. Once Lopez signs an offer sheet, Dwight Howard to BK dies.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Morrey: Andrew lets talk about extension :D

Bynum: What about it?

Morrey: you put us on your list of teams you would play for :)

Bynum: I didn't make no list.

Morrey: There was a list leaked, we traded all of our pieces for you.

Bynum: I know. It sucks, who am I playing with here?

Morrey: We're going after Chris Paul.

Bynum: Chris ain't coming here, I'm a free agent in the summer homez

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Bynum hasn't been contacted? WOW!! This is going to suck but be hilarious if he ends up in houston haha

this in NBA trade terms was a bluff, leaked out by Orlando's camp.

SouthSideRookie
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Please Mr Russian Billionaire, please pass on Howard to give the Lakers and Rockets a glimmer of hope :pray:

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Could also be a leak that bynum knew nothing I mean when Lakers make deals no one knows sso I wouldn't count Lakers involvement out yet

Blitzbolt
07-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't know about you guys but I like this D12 drama better then all the WE HATE THE HEAT threads.

Mr Costanza
07-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Can't they trade Lopez if he signs in December? If that is the case and Dwight stays with Orlando this circus will just extend to the trade deadline.

D-Block21-Chito
07-11-2012, 12:23 PM
^ Not me. I like it when we all hated the HEAT every day

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 12:28 PM
No.

Lopez and his agents just either want an offer sheet today or they are going shopping, or might have an offer already. Once Lopez signs an offer sheet, Dwight Howard to BK dies.

Once Hump signs anywhere Howard to BK dies as well because his contract is needed to match salaries . Which is why the deadline. BK gave ORL a deadline because he has a deadline as well.

Stinkyoutsider
07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I hope Orlando releases a statement soon to tell everyone whether or not they'll finally trade Howard. I'm tired of Magic management and Howard. I hope they'll pull the trigger and get him out of town?

BklynKnicks3
07-11-2012, 12:30 PM
i wish howard and lebron were both out the league id love the nba so much more

jrm2054
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
magic are going end up getting nothing for him

King41
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
i wish howard and lebron were both out the league id love the nba so much more

howard is more crazy then lebron

KnicksR4Real
07-11-2012, 12:41 PM
They did the same thing with the Melo trade. They said that they were "done." Only to comeback later.

D12 fan
07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
magic are going end up getting nothing for him

This,they have been shopping Dwight for almost a year,and they still cant make a deal by now.They are making the franchise look bad the longer this drags out.Make the best deal and move on with your life it's that simple.Everybody is tired of this Dwightmare drama.

BklynKnicks3
07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
iam from bklyn n i hate nets its a shame they got dwill i like him lol

Oldmantrash
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
You probably should change your name to MANHTKNICKS. :)

Can't wait to go to the Barclays center, and see Deron to Lopez.

We need a PF, badly now.
No Dwight, need defense at the 4, if we had that, Lopez will be perfect

Pistol_Pete
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure if the Nets sign Lopez, they can still trade him to the Magic in December, it'll just be more difficult. And yes, they could sign Dwight in the off season if he walks, but he'd have to agree to something like $4.5mil a season. Those things aren't going to happen.

People are going to give offer sheets to Lopez and Humphries. The Nets want to move forward, especially because offer sheets can just destroy any trade as is. For the nets, it'll be done today.

This doesn't mean that there's a trade today, it just means if there's not, they Nets will no longer be involved. It also means if the Magic do like the Nets deal, they have to act on it or settle for another one.

VinceCarter
07-11-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure if the Nets sign Lopez, they can still trade him to the Magic in December, it'll just be more difficult. And yes, they could sign Dwight in the off season if he walks, but he'd have to agree to something like $4.5mil a season. Those things aren't going to happen.

People are going to give offer sheets to Lopez and Humphries. The Nets want to move forward, especially because offer sheets can just destroy any trade as is. For the nets, it'll be done today.

This doesn't mean that there's a trade today, it just means if there's not, they Nets will no longer be involved. It also means if the Magic do like the Nets deal, they have to act on it or settle for another one.

This and I really hope the Magic see that as mediocore as the Nets package is for such a superstar they aren't going to get anything better since Dwight would be a rental (or too big of an threat to be a rental) most likely to any other team.

If I am the Magic I see if I can somehow find a better package RIGHT NOW and if not I trade him to the Nets by days end because the Nets aren't bluffing they have too much to lose by letting this go another day.

torocan
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
^ Not me. I like it when we all hated the HEAT every day

Hard to focus on the Heat when someone as douchy as Howard is involved...

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Place your bets! I'm betting the Nets move on without Howard.

HaruSoul
07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Place your bets! I'm betting the Nets move on without Howard.

I don't even know what to think anymore. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight signs a 5 year contract with the Magic and was just trolling us all of this time.