PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks

HaruSoul
07-11-2012, 09:11 AM
The New York Knicks may have to patch things up with Jeremy Lin.

According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.

Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.

Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.

"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."

The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.

However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.

"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.

"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''

Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.

Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8155983/jeremy-lin-upset-new-york-knicks?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

koreancabbage
07-11-2012, 09:12 AM
LOL so much drama!

Glen20
07-11-2012, 09:12 AM
wow, please dont take it personal

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Knicks forum? Its not even that serious.

Glen20
07-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Knicks forum? Its not even that serious.

yeah hell it might even be fabricated

aztr0
07-11-2012, 09:19 AM

Looks like it.

Glen20
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Looks like it.

i honestly can't see someone with Lin's persona taking this personally
ALTHOUGH, i can understand why he would be hurt if the team he saved from the brink of destruction chased an ageing steve nash instead of him

oak2455
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM

It's the Daily News , a paper that dislikes the Knicks ..... So I'll go with what you said.... Also why would he be upset?? He went from a couch to millions:D

handle
07-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Look at Lin already acting like a superstar, instead of the flash in the pan that he is.

StarvingKnick22
07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Why is this in the NBA Forum? And what the knicks did a good business move who cares?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-11-2012, 09:31 AM
I thought the Knicks told Lin to go out and test the market? He's a big part of this teams future plans. If he actually is upset, which I doubt, he has to get over it pretty quickly.

HaruSoul
07-11-2012, 09:33 AM
It's in the NBA section because it has to do with a player that many people are interested in who don't read the Knicks section.

torocan
07-11-2012, 10:10 AM
instead of the flash in the pan that he is.

Wow, hate much?

nyKnicks126
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
There goes ESPN with Knicks hate and drama..

Kerv_the_Knick
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
There goes ESPN with Knicks hate and drama..

Lol

teddygreen17
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
My gut tells me this is completely false.
I can understand him wanting the Knicks to come up first, but I'm sure he had a long conversation prior to the start of the offseason with the owner/GM about this. Remember he worked out with Melo and Chandler in Cali. Everyone knows whats going down. Jeremy aint stupid.

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
My gut tells me this is completely false.
I can understand him wanting the Knicks to come up first, but I'm sure he had a long conversation prior to the start of the offseason with the owner/GM about this. Remember he worked out with Melo and Chandler in Cali. Everyone knows whats going down. Jeremy aint stupid.

I myself agree that this is probably fabricated and embellished. It sounds more like somebody hope of what Lin is thinking; then how he actually feels. I'm sure we explained everything to him about the market dictating his value so he could get a more lucrative contract. It was really ingenious of his new agent to do since he felt Lin deserved a better contract.

BKLYNpigeon
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Lin needs to STFU.. he isnt a big enough star to complain about something like that.

the guys getting paid about 30 million for starting 20 games last season.

tcav701
07-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Lin needs to STFU.. he isnt a big enough star to complain about something like that.

Bingo.

The NBA is closer to WWE than an actual sport.

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't consider that news paper a legit source

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Dude, if you know Lin, you would know he is one of the most humble players in this game. I doubt he said that, someone just made that bullspit up.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't consider that news paper a legit source

:clap:

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM

:nod: Absolutely. Lin isnt that type of guy.

TheNumber37
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't really believe this. And being surprised they didn't make the first move is not the same as being upset.

Grunwald said he would let the market set the price for Lin, so there's really no surprise there... "Patch things up..." COME IN and PLAY BALL.

RC3
07-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper. Common sense.

knicks=love
07-11-2012, 11:03 AM
i honestly can't see someone with Lin's persona taking this personally
ALTHOUGH, i can understand why he would be hurt if the team he saved from the brink of destruction chased an ageing steve nash instead of him

they did that for him.. they said before the season even ended that they'd match any offer up to $1 billion. bringing nash in would benefit lin because he'd have one of the best PGs in history giving him pointers. in no way was nash coming without lin coming back.

IIISSKiLL
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM
It's in the NBA section because it has to do with a player that many people are interested in who don't read the Knicks section.

lol

GSWJunkie
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
It's not like he's some superstar player that can put a team on his shoulders and carry them to the NBA Finals. That $28M contract is going to blow up in Houston's face if he winds-up playing there because all that Linsanity stuff from last year was nothing but a flash in the pan. He's a decent player but definitely not worth that contract. Although, I will say this about him, he brings energy and intensity every night, especially on the defensive end, even if he can't always contain the guy he's guarding, but he tries hard and never quits and I really respect that.

And no, I am not one of these bitter Warriors fans that was pissed to see him go. I saw his game and wasn't all that impressed so I wasn't surprised when he was let go. I feel the same way about Lin as I do about Rondo, put either of them on a weak team that has no real star power and their weaknesses would come to the forefront and be seriously exposed.

torocan
07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
The original NYDN article says that there are concerns because Lin seems "frosty" as of late.

This is clearly a source from within the Knicks organization.

At best this is based upon an Impression of how Lin is behaving.

Whether he's disappointed, or that's just his Poker Face, we can't actually know... hypothetical leap at best.

That said, wouldn't be surprised if Lin was a bit disappointed... it doesn't exactly instill a great sense of serious intention when someone says, "Go out and get an offer and we'll probably match it..."

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 11:36 AM
this isn't BSPN, this is DailyNews nonsense and BSPN running w/ it. Jeremy isn't like this, he hasn't even said any of this, this "sources says" crap is getting on my nerves.

mark1125
07-11-2012, 11:42 AM
It's the Daily News , a paper that dislikes the Knicks ..... So I'll go with what you said.... Also why would he be upset?? He went from a couch to millions:D

Exactly. Especially considering he doesn't exactly have a lenghty history of success. This article doesn't pass the stink test.

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
"Knicks to sign Prigioni" gets closed but this thread is open?

:pity:

effen5
07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
If this article is true...Lin should be ashamed of himself...

If this article is false (highly likey) wow...what a pathetic article.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 12:02 PM
"Knicks to sign Prigioni" gets closed but this thread is open?

:pity:

Prigioni isn't an NBA player. He's in his late 30's and likely is a 3rd stringer. Lin is a starting PG, and very popular. What did you expect?

DoMeFavors
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I really dont think Lin is the right move I would have Iman start at PG, Lin is a recipe for disaster..against Elite teams he is going to be way to soft and lose the ball. Even against the Nets if Lin is on the floor who is he guarding Joe Johnson or Deron?

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Prigioni isn't an NBA player. He's in his late 30's and likely is a 3rd stringer. Lin is a starting PG, and very popular. What did you expect?

Im gonna write an article tomorrow that Lin blew his nose.

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 12:08 PM

And it'd get more views than Pablo Pastachio is signed by the Knicks.:cool:

oak2455
07-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I really dont think Lin is the right move I would have Iman start at PG, Lin is a recipe for disaster..against Elite teams he is going to be way to soft and lose the ball. Even against the Nets if Lin is on the floor who is he guarding Joe Johnson or Deron?

Joe Johnson:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BklynKnicks3
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
who cares

mark1125
07-11-2012, 12:16 PM

And there will be 125 responses stating that his nose is rigged by Stern.

nate2usmc
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I once farted in an elevator with a hot chick standing next to me. She didn't appreciate it. I felt good tho.

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
And there will be 125 responses stating that his nose is rigged by Stern.

Probably, then they all complain, "Why is ESPN covering Jeremy Lin?!?!?!" :pity:

Stinkyoutsider
07-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure why Lin is upset even a little? He's about to get paid for his play last year. And in Houston so the Rockets could be his team. He wouldn't have to worry about Melo demanding the ball.

nbrod
07-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Suck it upp

nbrod
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I once farted in an elevator with a hot chick standing next to me. She didn't appreciate it. I felt good tho.

lol

justjames
07-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Can't spell "speculation" without ESPN

nystandup

Dude get your head outta your *****. He had a bad game against the Heat so now he is "going to be way soft and lose the ball." He did pretty well against some good playoff teams last season.

heyman321
Yeah...this story is totally made up.

nate2usmc
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah...this story is totally made up.

Awesome sig man!

King41
07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Can't spell "speculation" without ESPN

jeop thats right

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true

I knew it was bogus

nate2usmc
07-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I knew it was bogus

New York Post and Daily News = TMZ

BHF
07-11-2012, 12:41 PM
why would he be upset with the Knicks if it wasn't for the Knicks he would be in the d league

torocan
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true

Smells like Media trolling...

Punk
07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
"Jeremy Lin was so upset at #Knicks that he celebrated his Houston offer sheet over dinner with Knicks assist Kenny Atkinson"

- Ian O'Connor
:laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
that's the most hilarious quote ever. :laugh:

BigBlueCrew
07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
:laugh:

the sig is awesome hahaha