PDA

View Full Version : Jerryd Bayless to sign with Memphis

Punk
07-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
New free-agent development: G Jerryd Bayless has reached an agreement to sign with Memphis. Deal on course to be finalized later Wednesday

I don't get what Toronto is doing. Bayless/Lowry would have been a great scoring unit for a bad scoring team.

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Like the move. Memphis is always looking for backup pg's so when we get a guy who is a combo guard and can score off the bench (something Mayo could not) its a good move

Munkeysuit
07-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Grizz only got better, nice move.

ACanadian
07-11-2012, 01:55 AM
I dont agree with T.O pulling the QO from Bayless, but BC knows what he is doing so i'll follow along

mvb815
07-11-2012, 02:39 AM
toronto only let him go for calderon, they obviously want to keep this guy around

oballerc75
07-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Conley and bayless is a hell of a defensive rotation

Iron24th
07-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Grizz only got better, nice move.

Bayless is a good addition, but Mayo will be missed.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-11-2012, 06:59 AM
I like Bayless, but we got to keep Calderon now.

Bob_at_york
07-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I dont agree with T.O pulling the QO from Bayless, but BC knows what he is doing so i'll follow along

I don't understand why we felt we had to pull the QO either. I think it all goes back to the Fields signing which makes the move look even worse.

Good signing for Memphis, I wish Bayless all the best. Hopefully he figures out how to be more effective off the bench.

Byronicle
07-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Why would we want Bayless? As a backup he plays awful. We need a solid backup PG, and who else better plays great as a backup? Calderon. Bayless only plays good as a starter and he is not starting over Lowry.

CB29
07-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Calderon and Lowry will complement each other much better than Bayless. Jerryd was struggling off the bench anyways. He was only thriving as a started but mediocre off the bench. Jose will do much better in that 6th man spot so it didn't make sense to keep bayless.

gwrighter
07-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Why would we want Bayless? As a backup he plays awful. We need a solid backup PG, and who else better plays great as a backup? Calderon. Bayless only plays good as a starter and he is not starting over Lowry.

Not to mention Bayless is somewhat injury prone. The guy is an insane competitor and Memphis will like that about him but they will be scratching their heads at his shot selection and seeming inability to produce as effectively off the bench as a starter.

Bayless went HAM on Conley last season when they met during the regular season & I think he's eyeing the starting spot in Memphis. I think he can take it if he stays healthy.

Jroz
07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Really curious to see where Mayo ends up now...hope he can find a place he feels comfortable in, seems like every year he's been on the trading block/issues with the team

DrJamesNaismith
07-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Congrats, the guys like the next coming of Juan Dixon. Calderon vs. Bayless isn't even a question I'd need to look at twice as far as the b/u PG goes.

koreancabbage
07-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Calderon and Lowry >> Bayless and Lowry

Calderon moves the rock pretty well in the offense, high assist to turnover ratio and gets everyone involved. Pretty good for the second unit for those players who can't create for themselves.

Bayless is still young but he ain't gonna cut it playing backup minutes. (somewhere that shows his stats as a backup vs starter)

DitchDat
07-11-2012, 09:39 AM
I liked Bayless in Summer League a few years ago. I was starting to wonder where the hell he was.

Blitzbolt
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
We will use him as a Combo guard lets be real Memphis has better offensive weapons then Toronto.Is not like he needs to take over the team.

Bob_at_york
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
We will use him as Combo guard lets be real Memphis has better offensive weapons then Toronto.Is not like he needs to take over the team.

That might not be a good thing. Bayless has trouble getting into the flow of the game when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. That's seems to be the reason why he struggled coming off the bench. He is a good outside shooter so he can help you guys from the corner but he needs to get into the flow of the game.

asap_simba
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Memphis' backcourt is now stacked. I don't know what this means for Wroten. Woulda been nice to see wroten get alot of minutes and see how good a pro he could be