PDA

View Full Version : Where will Andre Iguodala be traded?

Pages : [1] 2

Fresno
07-10-2012, 11:15 PM
The 76ers have now acquired 2 starting SF's to basically replace him.

Where do you think he will end up being traded?

I'm thinking Portland.

GiantsSwaGG
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Liberty

Toastyy
07-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Portland for who?

Lake_Show2416
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM
GSW to play SG

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 11:21 PM
lmao to the Yankees like everyone else

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Iggy is my favourite player and for that reason I'd like to see him go to a team that I like for example Minny (for more than just Derrick Williams though) but for the sake of my 76ers I would like to see him go to the Jazz for Favors (not likely but I can hope).

The only way I'm content with us really trading Iggy is for a big with some sort of defensive upside. With no Iggy or Brand and no ample replacement our defense (which was the strongest part of our game last season) is going to be significantly worse going forward.

rickshaw
07-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Minny or Portland. Whichever doesn't get Batum

Patriotsfan97
07-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Would they do a deal including Pierce for Iggy to the celtics? Thatd be kind of interesting.

More-Than-Most
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
anywhere..AS LONG AS IT FINALLY GETS DONE

BuildaBeargers
07-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Maybe Houston they have a ton of assets and I could see them making a run if they don't get Howard or Bynum

pd7631
07-10-2012, 11:25 PM

Is this all you ever have to say in regards to the Sixers?

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Dallas

theLgndKllr35
07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Would they do a deal including Pierce for Iggy to the celtics? Thatd be kind of interesting.

No

Swashcuff

So would you trade him to the Raptors for Amir Johnson?

HesterJordan23
i say he stays

pd7631
Iggy is my favourite player and for that reason I'd like to see him go to a team that I like for example Minny (for more than just Derrick Williams though) but for the sake of my 76ers I would like to see him go to the Jazz for Favors (not likely but I can hope).

The only way I'm content with us really trading Iggy is for a big with some sort of defensive upside. With no Iggy or Brand and no ample replacement our defense (which was the strongest part of our game last season) is going to be significantly worse going forward.

I agree that we should try and get a young defensive big and hopefully some picks.

I'm still not so sure that he's going anywhere though. We have a lot of young assets, and there's a possibility that we could cash in on some of them to get a star player to play alongside Iggy.

GiantsSwaGG
07-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Iggy for Amare

pd7631
07-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Iggy for Amare

Ummmm, no.

EDUTEXANS
07-10-2012, 11:32 PM
it woudn't be a PSD thread without a knicks' fan offering Amare...

JDM
07-10-2012, 11:34 PM
^ pretty much.

cdnsportsfan
07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Raptors fans have been licking their chops at the possibility of Iggy coming to Toronto, and I believe Colangelo has made his interest in Iguodala known as well. Toronto could package some players together, such as maybe Calderon and DeRozan, likely another player in there as well to match salaries.

theLgndKllr35
(Insert Amare potential MVP before injury defense here)

Because debating yourself just isn't that much fun.

noodle
Ummmm, no.

As a Knick fan, I say no.

pd7631
07-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Raptors fans have been licking their chops at the possibility of Iggy coming to Toronto, and I believe Colangelo has made his interest in Iguodala known as well. Toronto could package some players together, such as maybe Calderon and DeRozan, likely another player in there as well to match salaries.

Calderon and Derozan? PASS.

If the Sixers were gonna make a deal with the Raps, it would've been during the draft for Ed Davis and the 8th pick.

bholly
07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
fwiw, although I'd like to see Iggy moved in the right deal, I don't think it's as much of a sure thing as others seem to. The FO and coach love him, I could totally see them keeping him.

Of the deals we have heard, Minny for Williams is the one we've heard the most. Toronto for some package involving young guys comes up a lot, but was denied by Rod Thorn a week ago. Fans talk a lot about Utah for Jefferson, or sometimes Millsap.

I think the big thing to note is that the FO have said - at least indirectly through the press - that they're starting to plan for being players in next year's FA. I was super sceptical, but the last few moves have me believing they might actually be doing that, so I'd keep that in mind when thinking up deals - they likely aren't going to be planning on taking back big salaries.

Patriotsfan97
07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
It'll be Houston. They have a ton of. Assets to use and he is a pretty good match there. I like it.

HesterJordan23
07-10-2012, 11:47 PM
knicks
iggy for spike lee

Fresno
07-10-2012, 11:48 PM
fwiw, although I'd like to see Iggy moved in the right deal, I don't think it's as much of a sure thing as others seem to. The FO and coach love him, I could totally see them keeping him.

Of the deals we have heard, Minny for Williams is the one we've heard the most. Toronto for some package involving young guys comes up a lot, but was denied by Rod Thorn a week ago. Fans talk a lot about Utah for Jefferson, or sometimes Millsap.

I think the big thing to note is that the FO have said - at least indirectly through the press - that they're starting to plan for being players in next year's FA. I was super sceptical, but the last few moves have me believing they might actually be doing that, so I'd keep that in mind when thinking up deals - they likely aren't going to be planning on taking back big salaries.

By being players in next year's FA are they indirectly talking about giving Jrue Holiday the Max Contract he reportedly is seeking?

popo85
07-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Warriors/T'Wolves need a wing player.

BHF
07-10-2012, 11:50 PM

If the Sixers were gonna make a deal with the Raps, it would've been during the draft for Ed Davis and the 8th pick.

that would never happen raps wouldn't give up Ed Davis and the 8th pick for someone who would leave in a year

bholly
07-10-2012, 11:54 PM
By being players in next year's FA are they indirectly talking about giving Jrue Holiday the Max Contract he reportedly is seeking?

No. They're looking at about $28.5m in salary next offseason if they moved Iggy for room, and that includes ET, Harkless, Thad, Vuc, Moultrie, Hawes, Allen. So about $30m in cap space. I have no idea if they're actually going to move Iggy, or what they'd take back for him, but if their plan is indeed FA I think it will be for more than just re-signing Jrue.

Cracka2HI!
07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
GREAT!! The are finally going to trade him and the Clippers have no assets left to get him. :mad:

TheNumber37
07-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I could see an Iggy for Derrick Williams Swap.
He'd play really well with great scorers. I always saw him becoming a Laker... Maybe Iggy and Brand for Gasol.

Soccer008
07-11-2012, 12:06 AM
I think Cleveland would be a good fit. Don't know who they would trade him for though.

SACNYY
07-11-2012, 12:23 AM
No where

FriedTofuz
07-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Ill trade derozan straight up for iggy.
Lowry
Ross
Iggy
Bargnani
Val

looks good for the raptors. and its a good trade for both teams. Derozan is a better contributer and overall playe than iggy.

WolvesJagsOs
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
If Wolves don't get Batum, we'll get Iggy I think. We desperaely need a good wing player, and we have shown interest in both/

FriedTofuz
07-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Toronto was trying to get either iggy or gay. Id like to trade calderon for iggy, but what point would that be for the sixers? Calderon is an expiring at the end of the season I guess, and then the raptors can give a young developing player. Like derozan? But I rather give ed davis, but that wont be enough for the sixers.

Thats way too much to give for iggy. No thanks.

I would. are you a sixer fan? if so, youcan have amir johnson.

FriedTofuz
07-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Portland please match the batum offer, get screwed with your own payrol and not get iggy :

nbrod
07-11-2012, 12:30 AM
He would fit in good with minny. He could still play the same role as in Philly as defensive stopper and solid offensive option

sixer04fan
07-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I could see an Iggy for Derrick Williams Swap.
He'd play really well with great scorers. I always saw him becoming a Laker... Maybe Iggy and Brand for Gasol.

Brand was amnestied last week...

OKC
07-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Calderon,Ed Davis and Derozan for iggy would make sense

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 12:38 AM
sixers fans are nuts, You guys would reject a trade of derozan and calderon for iggy...Iggy #'s have been declining for the past 3 season and derozans have been increasing. Derozan is 22 years old and averaged 16.9 ppg, iggy 28 years old averaged 12.4ppg. Yea iggy is a much better defender, but derozan is younger and a better scorer....As a raptors fan I wouldn't even give you derozan straight up...all you'd get is ed davis and maybe calderon or james johnson

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Calderon,Ed Davis and Derozan for iggy would make sense

**********K that

bholly
07-11-2012, 12:43 AM
sixers fans are nuts, You guys would reject a trade of derozan and calderon for iggy...Iggy #'s have been declining for the past 3 season and derozans have been increasing. Derozan is 22 years old and averaged 16.9 ppg, iggy 28 years old averaged 12.4ppg. Yea iggy is a much better defender, but derozan is younger and a better scorer....As a raptors fan I wouldn't even give you derozan straight up...all you'd get is ed davis and maybe calderon or james johnson

Iggy's scoring average has been declining. Meanwhile, Iggy has been playing the best basketball of his career. They aren't the same thing.

FriedTofuz
07-11-2012, 12:45 AM
iggy isnt even that good. Statistically, Hes really inefficent, a poor scorer, and has to play a lot of minutes to even be effective. Hes only a really good defender, thats it about him. I wouldnt even offer derozan for him anymore. Demar, is no where near a good defender, hes actually verybad, but he still has a higher potential to become a bettr player, if he isnt already, better than iggy. Statistically, derozan average nearly 5 points more ppg than iggy, and is only 22 and still developing. Im surprised iggy even made the all star team, 12 ppg? damnn..

FriedTofuz
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Iggy's scoring average has been declining. Meanwhile, Iggy has been playing the best basketball of his career. They aren't the same thing.

I dont understand, Hes playing the best basketball of his career while all his numbers are declining? If hes playing at his best, why has there been rumors for him to be traded for the past two years? iF hes playing `the best ball of his career` why even consider trading him?

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM

the guy shoot close to the same % as shaq from the FT...62% is awful for a small forward.

pd7631
07-11-2012, 12:51 AM
iggy isnt even that good. Statistically, Hes really inefficent, a poor scorer, and has to play a lot of minutes to even be effective. Hes only a really good defender, thats it about him. I wouldnt even offer derozan for him anymore. Demar, is no where near a good defender, hes actually verybad, but he still has a higher season than iggy. Im surprised iggy even made the all star team, 12 ppg? damnn..

Lmao, if Iggy weren't that good, then why is he playing in the Olympics? He's an ELITE defender, and contributes in every phase of the game. Who cares about his low scoring average when he's shutting down his opponent and helping his team in nearly every way possible.

I'm not the biggest Iggy fan in the world by any means, but your analysis of him is such a joke, I had to defend him.

sixerfreak
07-11-2012, 12:51 AM
iggy isnt even that good. Statistically, Hes really inefficent, a poor scorer, and has to play a lot of minutes to even be effective. Hes only a really good defender, thats it about him. I wouldnt even offer derozan for him anymore. Demar, is no where near a good defender, hes actually verybad, but he still has a higher potential to become a bettr player, if he isnt already, better than iggy. Statistically, derozan average nearly 5 points more ppg than iggy, and is only 22 and still developing. Im surprised iggy even made the all star team, 12 ppg? damnn..

smh.. cause Demar scored that on a winning team right? With a coach that doesnt allow anyone to score over 15?

Jarvo
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Stay at philly, It would be odd seeing another AI go from philly.

OKC
07-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Demar Derozan hasnt proven anything yet.
Iggy is a top 5 small forward IMO.

SkipBaylessFan
07-11-2012, 12:57 AM
To the Heat...Riley gets em all on discount :D

meloman1592
07-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Demar Derozan hasnt proven anything yet.
Iggy is a top 5 small forward IMO.

It's debatable

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce
Deng

Iggy is in the argument but not definitively

theLgndKllr35
07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
I dont understand, Hes playing the best basketball of his career while all his numbers are declining? If hes playing at his best, why has there been rumors for him to be traded for the past two years? iF hes playing `the best ball of his career` why even consider trading him?

Because his value is high and we have a multitude of Iguodala replacements. We're rebuilding, not contending, hence why we want Iguodala gone. He's keeping us in mediocrity.

However, he's finally starting to play more effective basketball (i.e distributing, defending, rebounding, taking HIS shot, improved 3 point shot). He's starting to earn his contract, despite not being the number one option. It's why Team USA wants him and he's a much more valued piece than he's ever been.

sixerfreak
07-11-2012, 01:00 AM
2 assists 3 rebounds less than one steal a lower shooting and 3pt percentage and more turnovers a game but Demar is the more complete player? that is laughable

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 01:00 AM
It's debatable

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce
Deng

what about rudy gay? his d ain't the best but his o is damn good

sixerfreak
07-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh and they play the same minutes per game..

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Because his value is high and we have a multitude of Iguodala replacements. We're rebuilding, not contending, hence why we want Iguodala gone. He's keeping us in mediocrity.

However, he's finally starting to play more effective basketball (i.e distributing, defending, rebounding, taking HIS shot, improved 3 point shot). He's starting to earn his contract, despite not being the number one option. It's why Team USA wants him and he's a much more valued piece than he's ever been.

team USA wants him because the 4 of their top players are staying out of the olympics...he'll be sitting on the bench (like 12th man if that)

RowanJournalist
07-11-2012, 01:05 AM
He's going to stay.... These talks take place EVERY year.

RowanJournalist
07-11-2012, 01:07 AM
But if he does go, I want to trade him (just like the last A.I.) to Denver for Kenneth Faried.... (should have drafted him) smh.... :(

There'd have to be more to that deal, obviously.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:09 AM

All you needed to say was you don't understand really no need to go pass that because clearly from all your posts you don't understand.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 01:11 AM
another thing dumb about trading derozan is that raps have a coach who can finally teach him how to play d...give him 2 years he'll be way better than iggy (atleast overall).

sixerfreak
07-11-2012, 01:14 AM
another thing dumb about trading derozan is that raps have a coach who can finally teach him how to play d...give him 2 years he'll be way better than iggy (atleast overall).

lol overall? I really hope your kidding. Do you even consider assists rebounds steals? making his teammates better?

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:15 AM
team USA wants him because the 4 of their top players are staying out of the olympics...he'll be sitting on the bench (like 12th man if that)

Youdo realize that the last time Iggy played in a FIBA tourney in 2010 he was heralded as being the teams best and most valuable defender right. Coach K boasted of his value to the team in the role in which he played.

In this years ASG coach Doc Rivers said had it been a closer game late he would have absolutely had Iggy on the floor because he was the best defensive player he had.

The point you're trying to make is baseless.

Losoway
07-11-2012, 01:16 AM
hopefully to the nets =]

Munkeysuit
07-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I'd have traded him for Pau , as originally planned...would have worked out for the Lakers, I mean who the hell is going to guard Durant for the next 4-5 years?

Oh and I am new btw

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:17 AM

Jus like Bargs was suppose to be better than Dirk right. Get outta here with that rubbish. DeRozan regressed last season and proved to be one of the worst shooters at the guard position in the NBA he has a longgggg way to go before he can become way better than Iggy.

theLgndKllr35
07-11-2012, 01:18 AM

Even though you're clueless, at least you admit he's a top 20 player in the league in that argument.

SpaceJamJordans
Butler + Bledsoe

Nikeman
I know it sounds homer, but I really hope the Clippers jump on Iggy.

He would make them elite, they need a great wing player, and don't have one, (Caron injured/declining).

Paul, Blake, Iggy, Billups, Jordan

w/

Crawford leading the bench.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:20 AM
I've always liked the Clippers as a suiter for Iggy but they just don't have the assets.

RowanJournalist
07-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Butler + Bledsoe

If the Sixers trade him, it should be for a PF.... SHOULD BE. But who knows these days in Philly. I won't be surprised if we get three more swing men in return.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:22 AM
It's debatable

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce
Deng

When MHC reaches the #5 SF in the NBA poll I'll be making a case for Iggy and I dare anyone of you to attempt to challenge it. When I made one last season no one did and I see no change this year.

bholly
07-11-2012, 01:23 AM
the guy shoot close to the same % as shaq from the FT...62% is awful for a small forward.

yup, and that's been infuriating. but again, picking one or two bad stats doesn't prove or disprove anything.

His numbers aren't all declining. The big knock on him has always been his shooting, but he's shooting as well as he ever has - particularly the three which was .394 last year (5th among 20mpg SFs). He's an elite passer, with a top-10 assist to turnover ratio that blows every other non-guard out of the water - Boris Diaw is the only non-PG in the league with a higher assist rate. He's also rebounding better than he ever has before - even has a higher rebound rate than most of the elite SFs. He protects the ball and fouls less than any 20mpg SF other than Deng or Prince.
In terms of overall stats, the biggest of all is WS/48, and his took a huge leap to .158 this year, putting him 7th among SFs with 1000 minutes played.

And that's all not taking into account the thing he does best - elite D - where he had the best opponent PER in the league this season (link (http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nba/the-nbas-best-defensive-players-(2011-2012).aspx) to one of many articles on it).

Most importantly, he's moved into his perfect role as a facilitating 2nd or 3rd option who does everything. He isn't scoring less because he's gotten worse, he's scoring less because that's his ideal role. Instead of forcing scoring he's playing the sidekick role, and he does it as well as anyone in the league.

But instead of just looking at his scoring and FT numbers, maybe try watching him once or twice. He was the best player on a team of young guys and led them to within a few minutes of the ECF.

He is playing the best basketball of his career. If you disagree I'd love to know when you think he was better.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 01:25 AM
lol overall? I really hope your kidding. Do you even consider assists rebounds steals? making his teammates better?

I said in 2 years...derozan has had to deal with low budget coaches his whole career and now he finally has a decent coach...he's still younger than vince carter when he entered the NBA, so if i'm the raps i'm not going to gamble by trading a prospect for a deteriorating 28 year old. Also, I said earlier that igoudala was way better on d.

lkingratedr
07-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Knicks for landry fields and a pick

SpaceJamJordans
07-11-2012, 01:26 AM
If the Sixers trade him, it should be for a PF.... SHOULD BE. But who knows these days in Philly. I won't be surprised if we get three more swing men in return.

Well they did lose Lou Williams and I think Bledsoe can develop because I don't think he'd shine with CP3 and Billups with the Clips. But yeah I agree. Amnestying Brand means they need a big. Maybe perhaps Paul Millsap

bholly
07-11-2012, 01:28 AM

I forgot to answer this bit.

Because we're going young and he's a few years older than our core guys, and he's our best chance at getting real value to beef up our front line. It isn't because he isn't good, it's because given the rest of our personell (particularly ET) someone likely has to move, and he's going to bring back the most.

For me personally, even though I'm a huge fan, I think we need to move him because we need to re-tool properly and he's the main thing keeping us from a high draft pick. With him, we're never going to be good enough to land a top pick in the draft. We got lucky in the lottery in 2010, but that isn't going to happen again - he's better and the rest of the roster is better since then.

That's why.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:29 AM
I said in 2 years...derozan has had to deal with low budget coaches his whole career and now he finally has a decent coach...he's still younger than vince carter when he entered the NBA, so if i'm the raps i'm not going to gamble by trading a prospect for a deteriorating 28 year old. Also, I said earlier that igoudala was way better on d.

Dude just shut up I mean seriously you're shaming your entire fan base..... Iggy deteriorating? Do you even watch basketball outside of Canada?

RowanJournalist
07-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Well they did lose Lou Williams and I think Bledsoe can develop because I don't think he'd shine with CP3 and Billups with the Clips. But yeah I agree. Amnestying Brand means they need a big. Maybe perhaps Paul Millsap

They lost Lou, but they replaced his shooting with Dorell Wright and Nick Young, both to one year deals.

Millsap aint bad, but the demon in me wants more.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Dude just shut up I mean seriously you're shaming your entire fan base..... Iggy deteriorating? Do you even watch basketball outside of Canada?

yea I watch everything I got the NBA package...Like I said you're overrating him...if you guys get derozan it's only because Raps GM is desperate (contract year).

sixerfreak
07-11-2012, 01:39 AM
yea I watch everything I got the NBA package...Like I said you're overrating him...if you guys get derozan it's only because Raps GM is desperate (contract year).

You do realize derozan shot 42% from the field? On a losing team at that.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:40 AM

I can guarantee you there is not a single 76ers fan who wants DeRozan for Iggy. Not a single one.

No one is overrating you're the one who is saying a man who is playing the best basketball of his career and grtting recognized for it on every single front is deteriorating. You need to call your cable service provider and get your money back because you clearly aren't getting what you paid for if you really watch basketball as you claim.

SMH!
07-11-2012, 01:43 AM

I'm a hugeee Derozan fan, been following him since Compton High, but I would deff NOT do an Iggy Derozan swap straight up, maybe with more pieces but not straight up.

More-Than-Most
07-11-2012, 01:45 AM

Lol I want iggy gone more than anyone and you are just delusional... I wouldn't even want us to trade him for Derozan... iggy is a great player...You must only value players on their ppg correct? Forget his ball handling or his rebounding or his amazing defense.

sixerfreak
07-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I can guarantee you there is not a single 76ers fan who wants DeRozan for Iggy. Not a single one.

No one is overrating you're the one who is saying a man who is playing the best basketball of his career and grtting recognized for it on every single front is deteriorating. You need to call your cable service provider and get your money back because you clearly aren't getting what you paid for if you really watch basketball as you claim.

Don't forget his passing and taking care of the ball. Meaningless..

Wolfman01
07-11-2012, 01:50 AM
With the addition of Dorell Wright that pretty much tells you that Iggy is on his way out. A lot of teams will be interested in Iggy but not sure if they are willing to take his contract. The Raptors were after Iggy for a while and wanted to trade for a veteran player.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:51 AM
All DeRozan does is score and he isn't even good at that. His jumper was worst last season than in his previous two years and outside of scoring he brings nothing else. ABSOLUTELY nothing. Can't pass, doesn't rebound, piss poor defensively, doesn't provide any spacing nothing.

The only reason anyone would trade for DeRozan is based on what they think he can become certainly not based on what he is.

Statistically last season a 35 year old Vince Carter had a better season than a 22 year old DeMar DeRozan.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 01:54 AM
All DeRozan does is score and he isn't even good at that. His jumper was worst last season than in his previous two years and outside of scoring he brings nothing else. ABSOLUTELY nothing. Can't pass, doesn't rebound, piss poor defensively, doesn't provide any spacing nothing.

The only reason anyone would trade for DeRozan is based on what they think he can become certainly not based on what he is.

Statistically last season a 35 year old Vince Carter had a better season than a 22 year old DeMar DeRozan.

yea but that's a huge factor it's called potential..

LT.CARDWISIE
07-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Al Jefferson hopefully

Bravo95
07-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Strange to see people knocking his skillset, a lot of teams could use him (at a better price).

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 01:59 AM

He's been in the league 3 years one and hasn't shown thst he can potentially become much better than what he is. He has poor mechanics on his shot, isn't a play making type, isn't a very good ball handler, doesn't have a knack for rebounding, has a very limited offensive arsenal to say the least, he'll never be a threat on the perimeter and seems to incapable of playing defense at a high level in spurts much less for an extended period game to game.

His potential based on what we've seen thus far in his career is not much better than what he is right no.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 02:08 AM
He's been in the league 3 years one and hasn't shown thst he can potentially become much better than what he is. He has poor mechanics on his shot, isn't a play making type, isn't a very good ball handler, doesn't have a knack for rebounding, has a very limited offensive arsenal to say the least, he'll never be a threat on the perimeter and seems to incapable of playing defense at a high level in spurts much less for an extended period game to game.

His potential based on what we've seen thus far in his career is not much better than what he is right no.

derozan went down 6 from (114 to 108) in his defensive rating between 2011-2012 mainly because of their new coach, so i'd say there's still potential. Let igoudala play for Jay triano and see how well he does.

SMH!
07-11-2012, 02:34 AM

As Wale said "Potential just means you aint done **** yet"

rramsara
07-11-2012, 02:44 AM

I'm not a fan of either Clubs so I am not biased as it seems most people replying to this thread are. Iggy is a great defender now, however the truth is he is on the decline. I believe in 3 years he will have declined a lot from where he is right now. In the same 3 years Derozen will surpass Iggy especially if Derozen stays with a defensive coach such as Dwane Casey. I was looking at several posts from this thread and went to have a look at Derozen's past coaches on the Raptors and they were not good coaches. In the second half of the season Derozen seems to have done really well which indicates he is responding to the switch to a good coach. Iggy is better today, there is no questioning that but some people on this forum are grossly overrating his value (especially with his horrendous contract). The NBA these days run on potential and there is no more potential left in Iggy but Derozen has more. Also Derozen will not be getting paid anywhere near what Iggy is getting paid. One thing to remember when talking trades is that the NBA is a business and teams need to be financially responsive. With that in mind it is possible that Philly trades Iggy for Derozen + another player. My opinion is that the Toronto Raptors should stick with Derozen and see how his game develops under coach Casey as he will not demand Iggy $$$. Also even if Derozen is not the defender that Iggy is, Derozen will be worth more bang for the $$$ 2-3 years down the road. If Philly is restructuring then I see them pulling the trigger on a Derozen + Calderon's $10.5 Milllion expiring contract. Don't underestimate the value of potential + expiring contract. Another note is that Philly has gone as far as they can with Iggy so I'm sure they want to move on as well and dump that terrible contract. The Raptors are pretty bad so no comment there. We'll just have to see how things unfold. Go Clippers!

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 03:00 AM
I'm not a fan of either Clubs so I am not biased as it seems most people replying to this thread are. Iggy is a great defender now, however the truth is he is on the decline. I believe in 3 years he will have declined a lot from where he is right now. In the same 3 years Derozen will surpass Iggy especially if Derozen stays with a defensive coach such as Dwane Casey. I was looking at several posts from this thread and went to have a look at Derozen's past coaches on the Raptors and they were not good coaches. In the second half of the season Derozen seems to have done really well which indicates he is responding to the switch to a good coach. Iggy is better today, there is no questioning that but some people on this forum are grossly overrating his value (especially with his horrendous contract). The NBA these days run on potential and there is no more potential left in Iggy but Derozen has more. Also Derozen will not be getting paid anywhere near what Iggy is getting paid. One thing to remember when talking trades is that the NBA is a business and teams need to be financially responsive. With that in mind it is possible that Philly trades Iggy for Derozen + another player. My opinion is that the Toronto Raptors should stick with Derozen and see how his game develops under coach Casey as he will not demand Iggy $$$. Also even if Derozen is not the defender that Iggy is, Derozen will be worth more bang for the $$$ 2-3 years down the road. If Philly is restructuring then I see them pulling the trigger on a Derozen + Calderon's $10.5 Milllion expiring contract. Don't underestimate the value of potential + expiring contract. Another note is that Philly has gone as far as they can with Iggy so I'm sure they want to move on as well and dump that terrible contract. The Raptors are pretty bad so no comment there. We'll just have to see how things unfold. Go Clippers!

exactly...toronto previous coach's were all run and gun, they didn't give a ***** about d. Players do what their coach's tell them or they don't get minutes. Same thing goes for players like stoudemire, they get criticized for being poor defenders but their not in a defensive system, so what do people expect.

ACanadian
07-11-2012, 03:01 AM
For a first post, thats pretty good LMAO

Toxeryll
07-11-2012, 03:15 AM

dupe!

THE_FLASH_21
07-11-2012, 03:18 AM

Is that Favors trade proposal a joke?? WOW :facepalm:

shep33
07-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Jazz makes sense. Almost too much sense, so he probably won't go there

THE_FLASH_21
07-11-2012, 03:20 AM
Al Jefferson hopefully

I hope that happens.. But i rather give up Milsap for Iggy..

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 03:28 AM
As Wale said "Potential just means you aint done **** yet"

kd still has potential and he's carried his team to the NBA finals....so much for that.

Ebbs
07-11-2012, 06:48 AM
We hear this every year

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2012, 07:16 AM

I give you Jonas Valanciunas.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
derozan went down 6 from (114 to 108) in his defensive rating between 2011-2012 mainly because of their new coach, so i'd say there's still potential. Let igoudala play for Jay triano and see how well he does.

Word of advice if you don't know anything about stats don't come around here throwing them around. DRtg has nothing to do with an individual's defensive ability. Carlos Boozer has one of the best DRtgs in the entire NBA does that mean he's a top tier defensive player?

Alayla
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM

LOL Captain homer :rolleyes:
Iggys numbers haven't been decreasing because his ability is declining.
It becuase he has common sense and is an unselfish player who understands his role
and Iggy would put up 20 PPG right away if he was on the Raptors as currently built. Hes Also the best Wing defender in the Nba *yes even better then LBJ*
I dont like iggy and Id Love to have Derozan becuase it would force us to rebuild but theres a point where you have to put your homerism aside and speak intellently Iggy>>>>Derozan and its not even REMOTELY Close

SYCE
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Every year (for several years now) we hear about Iguodala getting traded. The fact that the Sixers are now piling up athletic small forwards has to be a sign, but I still don't see them making a move.

Being from Philadelphia, I can see why people like and dislike Iguodala. He is a great defender, an average scorer and a great role player. He is not a #1 on any team (maybe the Bobcats) and he tries to be each and every year. He doesn't realize he's more valuable on the defensive end and tries to put up 20+ a game. He's a good #2 or #3 on most teams, but nothing more.

I think he would be a nice fit for the Jazz and if we could get Favors for him, I'm all in.

Alayla
07-11-2012, 11:09 AM

Becuase he need to Restart and build from scracth and PLEASE wacth a sixers game before you comment on our players Iggy has EASLY his best season last year

Alayla
07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
It's debatable

Lebron
Durant
Melo
Pierce
Deng

Iggy is better then Deng There isnt an argument to be made there

shead5223
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Every year (for several years now) we hear about Iguodala getting traded. The fact that the Sixers are now piling up athletic small forwards has to be a sign, but I still don't see them making a move.

Being from Philadelphia, I can see why people like and dislike Iguodala. He is a great defender, an average scorer and a great role player. He is not a #1 on any team (maybe the Bobcats) and he tries to be each and every year. He doesn't realize he's more valuable on the defensive end and tries to put up 20+ a game. He's a good #2 or #3 on most teams, but nothing more.

I think he would be a nice fit for the Jazz and if we could get Favors for him, I'm all in.

I agree the Jazz is the perfect match as they have a log jam of PF and that's exactly what we need. Doug apparently loved Favors back in the draft over ET so that's def a possibility. I would prefer Millsap as I think this team could really use his scoring, post play and energy on the team especially with Lou gone.

PG- ET
SG- Jrue
SF- Thad/Wright
PF- Millsap
C- Hawes

SYCE
07-11-2012, 11:15 AM

99% of basketball fans and people that know the game would reject DeRozan and Calderon for Iguodala. DeRozan just jacks and is too raw of a talent. Besides we have Dorell Wright now who's pretty good at that himself :)

StinkEye
07-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Iggy for Caldy

Alayla
07-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Your unbeliveably thickheaded and i can tell your basketball knowlege is limited to PPG APG and RPG that is all :facepalm:

Alayla
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Iggy has had some BAD coacths
Eddie Jordan comes to mind...
srsly stop making excuses man you sound like your 14

Alayla
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
The saddiest part is I dont even LIKE iggy hes my LEAST favorte sixer but peoples oppoin of him right now is sicking anyone who belive Iggy is declining doesn't watch enough basketball

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
LOL Captain homer :rolleyes:
Iggys numbers haven't been decreasing because his ability is declining.
It becuase he has common sense and is an unselfish player who understands his role
and Iggy would put up 20 PPG right away if he was on the Raptors as currently built. Hes Also the best Wing defender in the Nba *yes even better then LBJ*
I dont like iggy and Id Love to have Derozan becuase it would force us to rebuild but theres a point where you have to put your homerism aside and speak intellently Iggy>>>>Derozan and its not even REMOTELY Close

Yea what's your point, Iggy is better than Derozan, that's not my argument. My argument is that Derozan has the potential to be much better than iggy and probably will be under dwayne casey in a couple of years. Iggy would immediately improve the raptors, but 2 or 3 years down the road Toronto will look like idiots for making that trade.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Is that Favors trade proposal a joke?? WOW :facepalm:

Did you not see the part where I said not likely but I can hope or did that completely fly over your head?

WhiteSoxGod
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Houston. They will acquire D-Howard then Andre Iguodala.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Yea what's your point, Iggy is better than Derozan, that's not my argument. My argument is that Derozan has the potential to be much better than iggy and probably will be under dwayne casey in a couple of years. Iggy would immediately improve the raptors, but 2 or 3 years down the road Toronto will look like idiots for making that trade.

Tell us what will DeRozan do to become a better player than Iguodala? Not even a much better player but just marginally better.

Alayla
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM

And I belive your a derozan nut hugger you speak like its a 100% fact of life that he will be better then iggy that's like a sixers fan saying iggy should be benched if not traded because turner has all the tools to be a better player then iggy
In other words that agurment just doesn't hold any water
There's not even any garenitee that derozan improves at all let alone to such a drastic extent

Handsof12
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
That Houston thing is a real possibility. I don't the Sixers would be holding out for the world when its clear they don't want him back. They may be able to swing a trade for Iggy and Bynum

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
And I belive your a derozan nut hugger you speak like its a 100% fact of life that he will be better then iggy that's like a sixers fan saying iggy should be benched if not traded because turner has all the tools to be a better player then iggy
In other words that agurment just doesn't hold any water
There's not even any garenitee that derozan improves at all let alone to such a drastic extent

I don't even like derozan...Just like him more than iggy.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Tell us what will DeRozan do to become a better player than Iguodala? Not even a much better player but just marginally better.

continue to improve on D and improve his 3pt shot....he's already better offensively.

JPS
07-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Then you should keep him because Philly doesn't want him. I don't get the talking down the guy you want and talking up the guy you want to trade thing and still expect to be taken seriously. Also none of the Raptors offered in these fake trades play 4 or 5. Philly has enough wings and are not going to trade Iggy for another wing what would be the point.

Someone asked in another thread what would Toronto need to offer to get Iggy and the reply was a 3rd team. That about sums it up.

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 12:03 PM
We're not even comparing Iggy to say a player like James Harden or Eric Gordon players who can do a multitude of things to help their team win and have legit upside we're comparing him to DeMar DeRozan a player who has shown no clear indication that he's going to grow into anything special.

When a 35 year old Vince Carter outplays a 22 DeMar DeRozan on both ends of the floor what is that really saying about him?

Alayla
07-11-2012, 12:03 PM
continue to improve on D and improve his 3pt shot....he's already better offensively.

Take a look at iggys 3 point % last year derozan needs to improve on more then shooting

JPS
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I give you Jonas Valanciunas.

Sounds good

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 12:10 PM

Continue to improve on D? He'll never be anywhere near rookie Iggy on D much less as good as Iggy is now, Iggy is, was and always be a better 3 point and better offensively? Hell no! Iggy if he was asked to would score more points per game as DeRozan. Iggy has already proven that he can be a better scorer than DeRozan and when you incorporate his play making ability which is wayyyyyyyyyy better than DeMar's will ever be.

Try again.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Take a look at iggys 3 point % last year derozan needs to improve on more then shooting

I would but I can't get past his 58.9% FT in the playoffs. What good is it having a defender like iggy when you can't even use him at the end of games because his FT's are so bad (Hack-a-Iggy).

WhiteSoxGod
07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah Houston will still have enough assets to make a trade for Iggy. We need guards like the desert needs the rain. It is known More likes Iggy as he has tried to trade for him in the past.

YoungOne
07-11-2012, 12:23 PM
iggy for big al?

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Sounds good

I trick you. I no give you Jonas Valanciunas.

JPS
07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I trick you. I no give you Jonas Valanciunas.

Can't say I blame you.

C_Mund
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Then you should keep him because Philly doesn't want him. I don't get the talking down the guy you want and talking up the guy you want to trade thing and still expect to be taken seriously. Also none of the Raptors offered in these fake trades play 4 or 5. Philly has enough wings and are not going to trade Iggy for another wing what would be the point.

Someone asked in another thread what would Toronto need to offer to get Iggy and the reply was a 3rd team. That about sums it up.

I'd do something like Demar and Ed Davis, plus another reasonable player or salary filler. Davis has a ton of upside as a great defender/shot blocker and efficient offensive player (garbage buckets). I like his game a lot but unfortunately it seems that we've stacked ourselves pretty thick at the 4/5 and he won't get many minutes to develop behind Bargs and Jonas.
James Johnson is another really good young defender we could toss in to come off the bench for Philly. He's a great shot blocker from the wing and has the size/footwork to do a pretty good job against the bigger 3's in the league.
Does that sound reasonable?

imbetterthanyou
07-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I want him to come to Sacramento for Tyreke Evans +...I think the 76ers would have a hard time turning that down at this point.

Stinkyoutsider
07-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure where Iggy will end up but whoever gets him will have a good player who can be a point forward and be a defensive anchor.

I like this if I'm a Philly fan. I honestly didn't see them getting past the Heat and could stand to get rid of Elton Brand's contract. They can get younger and compete a few years down the road. And, Iggy will net them some good future assets because he is a consistently good player.

The goods
07-11-2012, 12:41 PM
If Lakers do get Dwight they'll go after him with gasol.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 12:42 PM

ed davis is a 4.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 12:47 PM
trade that makes sense is gasol for iggy. Then bynum and maybe artest and picks for howard.

KingPosey
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Lowry
Ross
Iggy
Bargnani
Val

looks good for the raptors. and its a good trade for both teams. Derozan is a better contributer and overall playe than iggy.

hahahaha youre ****ing completely incorrect.

KingPosey
07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Derozan scoring more doesnt make him better in the least. DD shot ****ing 42% for his 16 a game, thats not special, and neither was his eff of 11.

AI fills up the stat sheets across the board, plays amazing defense, higher eff, high TS%, etc. DD isnt better in any way at this point, except that he scored more ppg, taking more shots, with a worse %.

KingPosey
07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I want him to come to Sacramento for Tyreke Evans +...I think the 76ers would have a hard time turning that down at this point.

Im a Kings fan, and I dont see Philly doing this. TE needs to get his **** together.

asap_simba
07-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Raptors or Kings would be wher I'd want him to go. Kings have enough assets to get him if they want

Alayla
07-11-2012, 01:15 PM
trade that makes sense is gasol for iggy. Then bynum and maybe artest and picks for howard.

If you think iggy for gasol makes any sense for the sixers your missing to point of why we need to trade iggy in the frist place

natelpete
07-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Minny or Portland. Whichever doesn't get Batum

This is the likely scenario.

BuddhaMONK
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
If you think iggy for gasol makes any sense for the sixers your missing to point of why we need to trade iggy in the frist place

you're a playoff team whose top C is spencer hawes..Gasol makes a hell of a lot of sense.

jtrinaldi
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Iguodola to the Magic
Dwight to the Bucks
Ilyasova to Sixers

smith&wesson
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
To the raps for ed davis & calderon (10 mill expiring contract)

smith&wesson
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Lowry
Ross
Iggy
Bargnani
Val

no way bro.. iggy is a way better facilitator, way better defender, way better rebounder.. mind you derozan is 4-5 years younger and still has lots of potential. but right now iggy is def the better overall player.

the 76ers have turner any ways they dont really need derozan. maybe they rather have salary felxability and some young peices rather then a project shooting gaurd.

Jamiecballer
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM

you are f'n drunk. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you are posting very early in the morning

ironman9518
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
To the raps for ed davis & calderon (10 mill expiring contract)

This is what I think they are gonna end up doing. Good trade for both teams

Alayla
07-12-2012, 12:35 AM
you're a playoff team whose top C is spencer hawes..Gasol makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Gasol isnt a Center for one and for two our goal isnt being the playoffs again our goal is to take a step or two backward to take two steps forward in the future we are not contending for anything but 6 to 8th seed unlike the raptors we wouldnt be satisfied with that if we trade iggy it should be to get Wrose in the short term.

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 02:10 AM
I can see Iggy going to Houston and playing along side Dwight Howard.

--Something like this--

Rockets Receive:
SF Andre Iguodala

76ers Receive:
SF Chandler Parsons
Future 1st Rd Pick
Future 2nd Rd Pick

Kings Faithful
07-12-2012, 02:36 AM
I've mentioned a Kings deal for Iggy before on some forums.. Kings really need defense from the Sf and Iggy would be perfect for that. We have alot of pieces too....something like

Jason Thompson (philly native) + lotto protected 1st or Jimmer or something for Iggy...

You could have some crazy matchup options with Tyreke, Marcus Thorton, Terrence Williams, IT, and Iggy on the team....

bholly
07-12-2012, 02:43 AM
There's just no way Houston would have the cap room for an Iggy trade if they're already trying to clear it just to get Dwight, though.

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 02:47 AM
There's just no way Houston would have the cap room for an Iggy trade if they're already trying to clear it just to get Dwight, though.

Maybe depending on how it is structured, BUT remember most of their contracts are rookie or non-guaranteed.

To get Howard they would have to amnesty Scola and trade Kevin Martin to Orlando.

Besides the contracts we take back the Rockets wouldn't have a contract over $2 million.

By my calculations the Rockets could still absorb around $16.35 million which is a little more than Iggy's contract. Then you factor in trading Parsons which is another $1 million.

YouAreSoWrong
07-12-2012, 03:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6n2zrto

This deal is intriguing to me between the Jazz, Thunder, Sixers...

Sixers need a big man of the future...Jazz have a ton, but could use a legitimate 2.

Thunder, combining Iggy/Ibaka and Westbrook/Durant arguably gives them the most lethal duos for offense and defense in the NBA.

For those who cant see the deal:

Sixers give: Andre Iguodala, Nikolai Vucevic, Sixers pick
Thunder give: Kendrick Perkins, James Harden
Jazz give: Derrick Favors

Sixers get: Derrick Favors, Kendrick Perkins
Thunder get: Andre Iguodala, Nikolai Vucevic, Sixers pick
Jazz get: James Harden

Hardens gonna ask for a hefty raise...risk of him leaving might not be worth it for thunder and hes a perfect fit for a jazz team that already has bigs.

sixers get their big man of the future and have a young core player for each spot: jrue/turner/harkless/moultrie/favors while taking on perkins deal...perkins is kind of a load now and isnt as effective as he once was so to shed space might be good for thunder.

thunder as mentioned have 2 of the most lethal duos on offense and defense with this deal and they land a pick

WhiteSoxGod
07-12-2012, 03:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6n2zrto

This deal is intriguing to me between the Jazz, Thunder, Sixers...

Sixers need a big man of the future...Jazz have a ton, but could use a legitimate 2.

Thunder, combining Iggy/Ibaka and Westbrook/Durant arguably gives them the most lethal duos for offense and defense in the NBA.

For those who cant see the deal:

Sixers give: Andre Iguodala, Nikolai Vucevic, Sixers pick
Thunder give: Kendrick Perkins, James Harden
Jazz give: Derrick Favors

Sixers get: Derrick Favors, Kendrick Perkins
Thunder get: Andre Iguodala, Nikolai Vucevic, Sixers pick
Jazz get: James Harden

Hardens gonna ask for a hefty raise...risk of him leaving might not be worth it for thunder and hes a perfect fit for a jazz team that already has bigs.

sixers get their big man of the future and have a young core player for each spot: jrue/turner/harkless/moultrie/favors while taking on perkins deal...perkins is kind of a load now and isnt as effective as he once was so to shed space might be good for thunder.

thunder as mentioned have 2 of the most lethal duos on offense and defense with this deal and they land a pick

Just remember that the rosters have not been updated on the NBA trade machine yet. This might throw off your trade a little.

YouAreSoWrong
07-12-2012, 03:25 AM
yeah i know...and good point...but even if u have to tweak here and there, i think this is a sound deal for all clubs

bholly
07-12-2012, 03:32 AM
No way. if OKC were willing to give up Harden and Perkins for Iggy and Vuc then we wouldn't be having a conversation about what to do with Iggy. Philadelphia try to cut Favors from that and take Harden themselves, only to find OKC hung up 10 minutes ago.

YouAreSoWrong
07-12-2012, 03:38 AM
perkins is an injury liability and an amnesty candidate for thunder...they really dont care for him much...hardens the real issue...but even with that u have a guy who is a valuable scorer but they dont need it...they need a guy who can compliment everyones game to the fullest and play shut down defense...iggy is literally PERFECT for the thunder when u think about it...he could be the 3rd scorer and leading defender?? sign me up if im them

Eagles710
07-12-2012, 04:15 AM
he is going to orlando, for Howard :)

thechom80
07-12-2012, 04:17 AM
If Batum ends up being trapped in Portland, Iggy becomes a Timberwolf.

IndyHeatjman
07-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Indiana seems to be wheeling and dealing, how about this

Sixers trade: Iggy,and jrue holiday.
Pacers trade: Granger,hansbrough,stephenson,and future first round pick.

Alayla
07-12-2012, 06:10 AM

wouldnt touch it no interest in losing Jrue

PraiseJesus
07-12-2012, 06:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLpOmRHJlI

YeaDat
07-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Iggy has to be the most overrated player in the league. Not saying he sucks but you guys put wayyyyyy too much value on him.

Alayla
07-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Iggy has to be the most overrated player in the league. Not saying he sucks but you guys put wayyyyyy too much value on him.

All that needs to be said is he is the best wing defender in the nba he can handle the ball like a PG he knows his role he Rebounds well for his size and hes finally starting to be worth his contract. the only bad thing you Can say about him is he isnt a premier scorer but hes not SUPPOSE to be i think for what he is I value him pretty fairly. he is a lower tier allstar at the prime of his carrer.
i think its you guys who uNDER rate and UNDER value Iggy.
you say somthing about iggy to a fan without much basketball knowlege and all you hear is is PPG are declineing OMG!! or 12 PPG EW how was he and allstar (insert wing here) GOT SNUBED :facepalm:

bholly
07-12-2012, 06:56 AM

Sort of like us offering Iggy, Hawes, Vuc, and a future first for Granger and Hibbert or Paul George.

jason17
07-12-2012, 07:19 AM
I hope the wizards. Maybe some draft picks and blatch idk .

aLau10
07-12-2012, 09:19 AM
iggy to chicago I say =)

Swashcuff
07-12-2012, 09:21 AM

Iggy is better than Granger and Holiday is better than Tyler and Stephenson put together. No way we make such an idiotic move.

speakerboxx
07-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Iggy is better than Granger and Holiday is better than Tyler and Stephenson put together. No way we make such an idiotic move.

Plus...aren't we trading Iggy because we have too many wings...that trade sounds like a Pacer fan's trade idea...

The only trade that makes any sense is Iggy for Al Jefferson...it fits a need for both teams...salaries match...and both players can be off the team in 1 to 2 years since AJ is a free agent next year and AI has an opt out clause next year as well... Low risks high rewards for both teams

FriedTofuz
07-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Toronto will trade calderons 10 mil expiring + ed davis, and a future first round pick?

dalton749
07-12-2012, 11:01 AM
i dont see anyway he doesnt end up in toronto after the lowry trade. if they want to keep their pick next year they have to make playoffs which makes it even more logical to get iggy, even if they have to over pay
calderon derozan and ed davis should get it done

SouthsFinest
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Raps fans are really over rating their players, lool

FriedTofuz
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
i dont see anyway he doesnt end up in toronto after the lowry trade. if they want to keep their pick next year they have to make playoffs which makes it even more logical to get iggy, even if they have to over pay
calderon derozan and ed davis should get it done

seems like too much, Would you give up derozan and ed davis? I rather give ed davis + calderon and next years first round pick. IF toronto getys iggy for calderon and davis, Im pretty sure theyd make the playoffs. With that being said, houston wouldnt accept the pick, so then the sixers could get it? it would be pick 15+ . If that cant work, then the raptors could try to assemble a 3 team deal to geta pick and expiring sent to philelphia.

dalton749
07-12-2012, 12:00 PM

i think your way over valuing iggy, loool

DaddyCool
07-12-2012, 12:53 PM
i think your way over valuing iggy, loool

Iggy's a top 25-30 player in the league. Best perimeter defender currently besides maybe Lebron. 2.9 Assist/TO ratio is better than most point guards, and he's a good rebounder for his position. He makes players around him better. He's the ultimate complementary player lol. Put him next to someone who can create his own shot, and he thrives. Philly never put that around him, so all people poke at is, "OH HE CAN'T SCORE 20 PPG A GAME, HE SUX." Ed Davis and a some protected bleh first is less than what Iggy can fetch.

FriedTofuz
07-12-2012, 01:48 PM
What would be a general guidline for a trade for iggy? as in, what would need to be included?
An expiring contract? A young upcoming player? Draft picks? Young players?
What can be a realistic offer for iggy?

Raptors can give, Calderon ( 10 mil expiring)
Ed davis ( developing young PF)
And Demar derozan, but I doubt their GM would do this.

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Dallas

This. I doubt it will happen since Dallas doesn't have any pieces to offer, but Dallas could really use A.I. 2.0 at SG. Their offseason has been terrible, and this would really give them a lift. With him and Marion defending the wing... that'd be a great defensive set.

Caino
07-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Lakers would love to have him but nothing to send the other way that sixers would want. Dont think we would take gasol in any deal

central2003
07-12-2012, 03:21 PM
I really would want Kings to make offer for him. If he came to the Kings I believe He would be the missing link for a playoff rebirth. In order to get him kings would have to give up any combination of Evans/ filler or Thornton/filler and more. Plus Kings would have to take back a unwanted contract from Philly also.

goose14741
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Its funny to say amare, obv it makes sense for the knicks since they can let him expire and use the money to sign cp3 to play with melo and tyson. But reality is, the knicks will never trade amare, period.

Lo Porto
07-13-2012, 10:55 AM
To Utah for Al Jefferson makes the most sense. Philadelphia could use a great post player like Big Al, and Utah has always need an All Star calibur wing like Iguodala. Utah has an abundance of young bigs and Philly has an abundance of young wings. It's a great trade for both franchises.

RaJAxTWa
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
darkhorse team could be the nets, hump and brooks is a good deal if we get a decent big man back

RaJAxTWa
07-13-2012, 11:04 AM
dwill
joe johnson
andre iguodola
gerald wallace
brook lopez

best starting 5 in the league

SportsNY
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Iggy for Amare

I would

oak2455
07-13-2012, 11:14 AM
dwill
joe johnson
andre iguodola
gerald wallace
brook lopez

best starting 5 in the league

If you smoke a lot :))

RaJAxTWa
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
If you smoke a lot :))

at least top 3 best starting 5

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 11:42 AM
al jeff for iggy makes the most sense for both teams. However, al jeff can bolt after his contract is over. Im not sure utah wants to take on more salary.

C_Mund
07-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Iggy's a top 25-30 player in the league. Best perimeter defender currently besides maybe Lebron. 2.9 Assist/TO ratio is better than most point guards, and he's a good rebounder for his position. He makes players around him better. He's the ultimate complementary player lol. Put him next to someone who can create his own shot, and he thrives. Philly never put that around him, so all people poke at is, "OH HE CAN'T SCORE 20 PPG A GAME, HE SUX." Ed Davis and a some protected bleh first is less than what Iggy can fetch.

...then how is he so replaceable? That's the thing, if you're trying to shop a player who has a bloated contract, you can get back an expiring and some young talent.
Demar Derozan is a good second-tier player that, if in a good system, could easily score an efficient 16ppg and he hasn't signed a big deal so his $value depends on how he plays this year. Ed Davis is a 10-10 2.5 blocks player waiting to happen, it just so happens that the Raps have one of the best pure scoring 4's in the league already so Davis won't develop there.

In any event, Toronto is trying to shop Calderon for a trade exception. I have a feeling that this will be used to pick up Jefferson who will be swung for AI. That way Utah gets a good pg/10 million expiring contract, and Tor/Phi both get the player they want.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 11:44 AM
...then how is he so replaceable? That's the thing, if you're trying to shop a player who has a bloated contract, you can get back an expiring and some young talent.
Demar Derozan is a good second-tier player that, if in a good system, could easily score an efficient 16ppg and he hasn't signed a big deal so his $value depends on how he plays this year. Ed Davis is a 10-10 2.5 blocks player waiting to happen, it just so happens that the Raps have one of the best pure scoring 4's in the league already so Davis won't develop there.

In any event, Toronto is trying to shop Calderon for a trade exception. I have a feeling that this will be used to pick up Jefferson who will be swung for AI. That way Utah gets their cap flex, and Tor/Phi both get the player they want.

as good as ed davis is, and he will get better, just not in toronto, there are better offers that the sixers can recieve for iggy. Toronto should at least be giving their pick if they drafted andre drummond, along with calderons expiring. THat would be a good trade for both teams.

Alayla
07-13-2012, 11:52 AM

In any event, Toronto is trying to shop Calderon for a trade exception. I have a feeling that this will be used to pick up Jefferson who will be swung for AI. That way Utah gets a good pg/10 million expiring contract, and Tor/Phi both get the player they want.

no one said Iggy was replaceable as a madder of fact we may never have a player that brings what iggy does to the table again. the only wing in the nba more well rounded then iggy is LBJ iggy is LBJ without the scoring ability of LBJ players are judged more by what they do bring to the table then what they dont hes a top 30 player and is currently worth at least 90% of his contract honestly i dont like the idea of trading iggy at all at this point but if we do it has to be to start a worth movement with good peices the raptors just dont have to right players to be worth it for the sixers.

superior
07-13-2012, 11:53 AM
trade um for deng straight up

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
...then how is he so replaceable?

Iggy is not easily replaceable. He anchored a top 3 defense and was the catalyst to our offense with his play making. He lead the team in assists as the SMALL FORWARD. We currently don't have a back up PG and Jrue is best suited as a scoring PG. If Iggy was replaceable he would have been replaced a long time ago.

That's the thing, if you're trying to shop a player who has a bloated contract, you can get back an expiring and some young talent.

Why? Have you seen our team? Right now we are full of expirings and young talent. We're looking for a proven player or at least legit star potential.

Demar Derozan is a good second-tier player that, if in a good system, could easily score an efficient 16ppg and he hasn't signed a big deal so his $value depends on how he plays this year.

IF in the RIGHT system. That system in Phoenix when Steve Nash was at the helm and they had all those shooters. Until DeRozan can learn to shoot the ball at a higher clip or use his God given physical gifts to his advantage he'll never be an efficient scorer.

Ed Davis is a 10-10 2.5 blocks player waiting to happen, it just so happens that the Raps have one of the best pure scoring 4's in the league already so Davis won't develop there.

Thing is the potential is there but he hasn't shown that possibility of productivity thus far in his career. I can easily say Evan Turner is a 22-7-5 player waiting to happen but once he's playing alongside Iggy he won't develop but honestly for as good as Evan has been he hasn't shown that he can be consistent enough to become that type of player.

All and all two players of the talent level of Davis and DeRozan would be a nice grab for a player like Iggy if our team wasn't built as it is now. We need decent offensive upside from whatever big we may get in return for Iggy and certainly don't need a defensively challenged one dimensional perimeter scorer.

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 11:57 AM
no one said Iggy was replaceable as a madder of fact we may never have a player that brings what iggy does to the table again. the only wing in the nba more well rounded then iggy is LBJ iggy is LBJ without the scoring ability of LBJ players are judged more by what they do bring to the table then what they dont hes a top 30 player and is currently worth at least 90% of his contract honestly i dont like the idea of trading iggy at all at this point but if we do it has to be to start a worth movement with good peices the raptors just dont have to right players to be worth it for the sixers.

And apparently these Raptor fans who just keep pushing the envelope just doesn't seem to get that. Like I said very early in this thread in order for the Raptors to get Iggy a 3rd team would have to be involved.

C_Mund
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
And apparently these Raptor fans who just keep pushing the envelope just doesn't seem to get that. Like I said very early in this thread in order for the Raptors to get Iggy a 3rd team would have to be involved.

Haha, there's been like 4 people who quoted the first two thirds of my last post (which was mostly homerism, haha) and missed the point where I said that Jose's being shopped for an exception that could go to Utah for Jefferson which could then be swapped for Iggy.
Kinda convoluted, I know, but does that sound more realistic in terms of what Philly is trying to do?

C_Mund
07-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Iggy is not easily replaceable. He anchored a top 3 defense and was the catalyst to our offense with his play making. He lead the team in assists as the SMALL FORWARD. We currently don't have a back up PG and Jrue is best suited as a scoring PG. If Iggy was replaceable he would have been replaced a long time ago.

Why? Have you seen our team? Right now we are full of expirings and young talent. We're looking for a proven player or at least legit star potential.

IF in the RIGHT system. That system in Phoenix when Steve Nash was at the helm and they had all those shooters. Until DeRozan can learn to shoot the ball at a higher clip or use his God given physical gifts to his advantage he'll never be an efficient scorer.

Thing is the potential is there but he hasn't shown that possibility of productivity thus far in his career. I can easily say Evan Turner is a 22-7-5 player waiting to happen but once he's playing alongside Iggy he won't develop but honestly for as good as Evan has been he hasn't shown that he can be consistent enough to become that type of player.

All and all two players of the talent level of Davis and DeRozan would be a nice grab for a player like Iggy if our team wasn't built as it is now. We need decent offensive upside from whatever big we may get in return for Iggy and certainly don't need a defensively challenged one dimensional perimeter scorer.

This has nothing to do with anything, but would you do Iggy for Bosh? it'd be crazy to see Wade James and Iggy as a starting perimeter.....

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
derozan + calderon + ed davis for iggy? thatshould be more than enough.

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 12:09 PM
This has nothing to do with anything, but would you do Iggy for Bosh? it'd be crazy to see Wade James and Iggy as a starting perimeter.....

In the blink of an eye I would. Legit scorer and rebounder who has gotten way better on the defensive end of the floor and would flourish in a system such as ours under Collins? Bosh would be ideal for us. Not going to happen.

williams
07-13-2012, 12:10 PM
memphis gives: randolph
memphis gets: davis & derozan

76ers give: iguodala
76ers get: randolph

toronto gives: derozan & davis
toronto gets: iguodola

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I feel as if we are all just wasting time speculating, there hasnt even been rumors of trade rumors with specific teams for iggy yet, has there? besides the idea of a batum and iggy swap.

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 12:23 PM

Conventional wisdom would say that Calderon would make up for Iggy's play making and spacing, DeRozan would give us the scoring that Iggy didn't (albeit less efficient) and Davis would provide some D (surely wouldn't be able to make up for the loss of Iggy and Brand but he does have upside on that end of the floor).

When you consider the fit relative to each line-up we put out there you'd have to wonder however. How would Evan and DeRozan mesh? Neither is very good in the half court nor do they provide any sort of spacing. Davis while still a project is IMO better than anyone we have at the PF currently so he'd be the starter, he's still yet to prove that he's starter material but personally I'll bank on it.

I think I'd make this move but my only concern would be the centerpiece of the deal which would be DeRozan. I don't think he really fits into our system well at all.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Conventional wisdom would say that Calderon would make up for Iggy's play making and spacing, DeRozan would give us the scoring that Iggy didn't (albeit less efficient) and Davis would provide some D (surely wouldn't be able to make up for the loss of Iggy and Brand but he does have upside on that end of the floor).

When you consider the fit relative to each line-up we put out there you'd have to wonder however. How would Evan and DeRozan mesh? Neither is very good in the half court nor do they provide any sort of spacing. Davis while still a project is IMO better than anyone we have at the PF currently so he'd be the starter, he's still yet to prove that he's starter material but personally I'll bank on it.

I think I'd make this move but my only concern would be the centerpiece of the deal which would be DeRozan. I don't think he really fits into our system well at all.

can evan turner play small forward, and slide derozan to the 2? Davis, when he played starters minutes for the raptors last year ( not this season) he averaged around 13 and 8. He definatly could develop with starters minutes and become a solid pf who plays both ends of the floor. What bout just calderon + ed davis, and some other pieces from a 3 team deal?

Alayla
07-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Haha, there's been like 4 people who quoted the first two thirds of my last post (which was mostly homerism, haha) and missed the point where I said that Jose's being shopped for an exception that could go to Utah for Jefferson which could then be swapped for Iggy.
Kinda convoluted, I know, but does that sound more realistic in terms of what Philly is trying to do?

thats alot closer acutally in terms of value thats fair but it doesn't make us younger as previously stated if we trade iggy it should be to start over but with a player who could be an allstar someday
but it is abosilitly more realistic and an iggy for jefferson swap would at least get us on the phone

C_Mund
07-13-2012, 12:34 PM

I think that's the only reason some fans are getting a little sour on Derozan. With coach Casey/Calderon we've been a slower team, and the ONLY person on the roster that can really break anybody down on the perimeter is our pf. I mean this season could be different with Lowry getting into the paint which should open up some lanes for Derozan to get through. Still, I think he'd thrive with a drive & kick pg or a point forward that makes the defense shift so the baseline is open for back door cuts and such.

punkz
07-13-2012, 12:37 PM

If for 1 yr of Iggy, then yes, that should be more than enough.

Don't know why Raps fans are so desperate for Iggy because Iggy's abilities are not as needed as it would have been for the raptor squad last year.

Toronto this year will have Jonas at C (improved D) and Lowry at PG (improved D and primary ball handler), which poses less need for an IGGY-type player. With Fields at SG and possible Derozan trade, they will encounter exact same problem they faced prior to drafting Derozan: need for an athletic scoring SG/SF.

C_Mund
07-13-2012, 12:38 PM
thats alot closer acutally in terms of value thats fair but it doesn't make us younger as previously stated if we trade iggy it should be to start over but with a player who could be an allstar someday
but it is abosilitly more realistic and an iggy for jefferson swap would at least get us on the phone

I can see that's what you want, but who would trade a future all-star for a guy that's paid almost like Lebron with an opt-out in a year? The only kind of teams that need to get over the hump with a guy like Iggy probably couldn't hold on to him past next year. it's the same as Dwight, not many teams are willing to give up their best young talent without a guarantee that he'll re-sign.

C_Mund
07-13-2012, 12:40 PM
If for 1 yr of Iggy, then yes, that should be more than enough.

Don't know why Raps fans are so desperate for Iggy because Iggy's abilities are not as needed as it would have been for the raptor squad last year.

Toronto this year will have Jonas at C (improved D) and Lowry at PG (improved D and primary ball handler), which poses less need for an IGGY-type player. With Fields at SG and possible Derozan trade, they will encounter exact same problem they faced prior to drafting Derozan: need for an athletic scoring SG/SF.

That's a good point. I just think that we're trying to go into a season without any super glaring holes in our starting lineup. ...not that I think we're without flaws, and Jonas will take some time to develop for sure. But starting guys at the 3 that couldn't even crack other team's 15-man roster is not going to cut it if we want to retain guys like Lowry when we trade for them.

nyKnicks126
07-13-2012, 12:42 PM
He should go to Dallas.. But they have NO assets to offer Philly, except cap relief.

MrlooktheFup
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I think he would be a great addition to a team such as the raptors.
Depends what's his worth I would think the rockets could make a move on
The guy if there run at Howard falls through. Although my personal beliefs that Bynum lands in houston with some complicated trade... Should be interesting.

punkz
07-13-2012, 12:55 PM
That's a good point. I just think that we're trying to go into a season without any super glaring holes in our starting lineup. ...not that I think we're without flaws, and Jonas will take some time to develop for sure. But starting guys at the 3 that couldn't even crack other team's 15-man roster is not going to cut it if we want to retain guys like Lowry when we trade for them.

I'm just worried our best young player, capable PG with expiring contract, and proming PF could only net us 1 year of IGGY whose ability which I am not underestimating, but might be underappreciated in the Raptor team right now.

If we could net a player like Martin and put JJ at SF, I don't think that's much of a downgrade from a Fields + IGGY duo.

If Raps are going to trade away three of their best trade chips in the offseason, I think it should be a player that fits their system better, that's all.

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Dallas

This could be possible, Dallas seems to be nearing something. Lots of moving pieces tho. Iggy and Dirk could be a good combo tho.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 01:05 PM
This could be possible, Dallas seems to be nearing something. Lots of moving pieces tho. Iggy and Dirk could be a good combo tho.

except the mavericks have NOTHING to offer. Literally nothing. THe raptors can at least offer young players and offer expiring contract like calderon. Who could the mavericks even offer???

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2012, 01:07 PM
except the mavericks have NOTHING to offer. Literally nothing. THe raptors can at least offer young players and offer expiring contract like calderon. Who could the mavericks even offer???

It just depends on what Philly wants. Players like Roddy and Dojo are young and have shown some promise, and arent on long or expensive deals.

sixers247
07-13-2012, 01:36 PM
We want bigs.

BuddhaMONK
07-13-2012, 05:26 PM

that's because our player are young with potential...Iggy's old with no potential, in fact he's getting worse. Raptors should stay away from iggy and go after deng. Deng is younger, better On O, a very good defender, also unlike iggy he can shoot free throws so we wouldn't have to worry about the hack-an-iggy at the end of games.

BuddhaMONK
07-13-2012, 05:29 PM
the most i'd give for iggy is ed davis, calderon and a second rd pick.

dalton749
07-13-2012, 05:36 PM
philly over rate the iggy so much. i know stats dont count for everything but his efficiency rating was only like 13 which is far from an elite player

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
that's because our player are young with potential...Iggy's old with no potential, in fact he's getting worse. Raptors should stay away from iggy and go after deng. Deng is younger, better On O, a very good defender, also unlike iggy he can shoot free throws so we wouldn't have to worry about the hack-an-iggy at the end of games.

Dude you don't know anything about Andre Iguodala STFU with this garbage for the last time. If you knew anything about him you wouldn't be spewing such none sense around here.

Everyone has been proving to you with sound logical and factual reasoning that Iggy is indeed getting better as a basketball player but you keep perpetuating nonsense as if its fact when it is NOT.

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 05:43 PM
philly over rate the iggy so much. i know stats dont count for everything but his efficiency rating was only like 13 which is far from an elite player

If you don't know stats then why quote them? Really? Efficiency rating? When was the last time you've seen any recognized statistician use efficiency rating? Also why is Iggy on team USA ahead of a plethora of other players and playing like he belongs. Just like his did in the ASG and just like he did in 2010 in the World Basketball Championships.

No matter what coach he's played under in recent years he's been heralded as being of the team's most valuable players. You won't get that from efficiency rating.

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 05:46 PM
can evan turner play small forward, and slide derozan to the 2? Davis, when he played starters minutes for the raptors last year ( not this season) he averaged around 13 and 8. He definatly could develop with starters minutes and become a solid pf who plays both ends of the floor. What bout just calderon + ed davis, and some other pieces from a 3 team deal?

Yeah that makes some sense but I guess it all depends on what the 3rd team has to offer we may just see Calderon and Davis going to the other team and the 76ers getting a PF in a trade such as that.

BuddhaMONK
07-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Dude you don't know anything about Andre Iguodala STFU with this garbage for the last time. If you knew anything about him you wouldn't be spewing such none sense around here.

Everyone has been proving to you with sound logical and factual reasoning that Iggy is indeed getting better as a basketball player but you keep perpetuating nonsense as if its fact when it is NOT.

a lot of other people see it the same way...he's good, just not that good....You talk about him like he's lebron....the guy just made the allstar team this season for the first time in his carreer as a reserve (probably only because of injuries to better players) so obviously the NBA doesn't think that much of him either.

cbreezy34
07-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Whoever said Iggy is getting worse should be banned from PSD. Dude you don't know **** about basketball and its clear by your posts.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-13-2012, 05:51 PM
It just depends on what Philly wants. Players like Roddy and Dojo are young and have shown some promise, and arent on long or expensive deals.

Yeah but Iggy is just a younger Marion... Two players with identical skill sets? Maybe if Iggy played the two but still.

Sixersfan69
07-13-2012, 05:52 PM

Iggy's efficiency is almost 18 and he is a stud on defense that made the US olympic team.

Alayla
07-13-2012, 05:53 PM

since when is 28 old? thats the peak of your carrer
no iggy hasnt gotten worse your tottaly ****** he just had his BEST season for us i wont aruge about dengs offense but i dont think hes realistic for you anyways and you know what neather is iggy

Hype
07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Whatever deal it ends up being make sure to throw in two burritos from Bravo Burritos in St. Cloud if he's coming to Minny

BuddhaMONK
07-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Whoever said Iggy is getting worse should be banned from PSD. Dude you don't know **** about basketball and its clear by your posts.

he's getting worse on O, better on D...he plays what 36 min a gm and is only averaging 12 pts (4 years in row now his ppg have dropped) plus he only shot 62% from FT. What good is it having a great defender who can't shoot FT at the end of a game...I'd take deng over iggy for that reason alone.

Alayla
07-13-2012, 05:59 PM
a lot of other people see it the same way...he's good, just not that good....You talk about him like he's lebron....the guy just made the allstar team this season for the first time in his carreer as a reserve (probably only because of injuries to better players) so obviously the NBA doesn't think that much of him either.

He made it over josh smith so i guess now smith isnt good eather look you are making raptors fans look Really stupid just chill out your a fan whos buthurt that you cant get a player at a price that YOU want

Alayla
07-13-2012, 06:02 PM
he's getting worse on O, better on D...he plays what 36 min a gm and is only averaging 12 pts (4 years in row now his ppg have dropped) plus he only shot 62% from FT. What good is it having a great defender who can't shoot FT at the end of a game...I'd take deng over iggy for that reason alone.

his PPG are dropping because the offensive talent around him is getting better and he is DIFFERING to that talent his shooting % have acutally improved and hes even a threat from deep now as he shoots 39% from 3
the free throws are defiantly frustrating but it doesnt take away from the fact hes gotten better litterly everywhere else

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 06:02 PM

Talking about him like he's who? :laugh2: :laugh:

Go through this entire thread or any related to Iggy in that matter and see if I ever overrate anything he does.

Your logic is so foolish its astounding. If he made the All Star Team for the first time how on earth could that mean that he's getting worse as a player? If he made team USA how can that mean he's getting worse as a player?

If the NBA didn't think highly of him he wouldn't be anywhere team USA. He would not have been called team USA's best defensive player in 2010 or the East's best defensive player this past season in the ASG by coach Doc Rivers.

Dude you know NOTHING about basketball. You are literally the only person around saying he's gotten worse as a player. Even Raptor fans have admitted he has gotten better. Doesn't that tell you something?

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Iggy's efficiency is almost 18 and he is a stud on defense that made the US olympic team.

He's talking about NBA.com's atrocious efficiency rating system.

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 06:09 PM

And you neglect to mention the fact that he has upped his 3 point shooting and his eFG% (not that you even have a clue what that is). You neglect to mention the fact that his passing is better than that of most PGs and that his AST/TO ratio is damn near historic for an SF.

These are factors that you neglect to mention because you don't know anything. You don't know that Coach Collins asked Iggy to play the role of a facilitator thus allowing Jrue, Evan, Williams etc to do the brunt of the scoring and Iggy would focus more on his strengths rather than trying to put the ball in the hole. You neglect to mention the fact that every season that Iggy's scoring has gone down the 76ers defense and team on a whole has gotten better.

These are things you clearly don't understand. You don't understand why the coaches chose him as an all star and why he has been selected to represent team USA in the Olympics and is already getting praised for his play (voted the player of last nights game).

These are just some of the things you clearly don't know.

tkshy
07-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Ok, so Philly fans love him, but want him traded for above market value? Raptors fans think he has gotten worse, but want him on the team and traded for under value? Sounds like it's a bunch of GM's trying to get the most for their player or giving up the least to get the player they want. I love it.

Truth is Philly has already made the neccessary deals to replace him at SF and are looking for some bigs to help their team.

Truth is as much as I would love him on my Lakers...Toronto is the perfect choice. You can get a solid PG-Calderon with almost $11mil coming off the books at seasons end plus a solid PF-Amir Johnson (blue collar hard worker type) or a young promising PF-Ed Davis and a high 2nd round pick (Raptors probably won't be a top seed) What more than that could you get for a player that is known to be on his way out the door??

Swashcuff
07-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Ok, so Philly fans love him, but want him traded for above market value? Raptors fans think he has gotten worse, but want him on the team and traded for under value? Sounds like it's a bunch of GM's trying to get the most for their player or giving up the least to get the player they want. I love it.

Truth is Philly has already made the neccessary deals to replace him at SF and are looking for some bigs to help their team.

Truth is as much as I would love him on my Lakers...Toronto is the perfect choice. You can get a solid PG-Calderon with almost $11mil coming off the books at seasons end plus a solid PF-Amir Johnson (blue collar hard worker type) or a young promising PF-Ed Davis and a high 2nd round pick (Raptors probably won't be a top seed) What more than that could you get for a player that is known to be on his way out the door??

Okay let me lay this out to you plain and simple. Trade our best and most valuable player for two bench players? One who happens to be an expiring and one who happens to be one of the worst contracts in the entire NBA relative to production. That's what you're offering us right?

Tell me this. Would you have traded Pau Gasol for Amir Johnson, Jose Calderon and a future 2nd round pick?

pd7631
07-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I really don't think he's going anywhere. Doug Collins and Rod Thorn seem very content with what they've done in the offseason, and the one thing that seems clear to them is that Jrue, Evan, and Iggy will be starting.

It's fun kicking around some trade ideas for Iggy, but he's not going anywhere until at least the trade deadline.

Alayla
07-13-2012, 06:37 PM

1 thats the thing its not like most philly fans are asking to much just that there not willing to be low balled
2 no we havent made the neccary replacements we have STOP gaps big differnce

2-ONE-5
07-13-2012, 06:38 PM

ask the Bulls if Iggy can hit FT's to end a game....

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2012, 06:38 PM
This would have been a great year to be an expansion team. There are teams that are just giving players away. Scola. Iggy. Brand. Calderon. Nobody seems to want to sign Humph to a contract. You could make a playoff roster with all these players that are being cast off right now.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Dude, you made me choke on my pizza while laughing, to he point where I choked and had to spit out my food.

It it evident that he doesnt.

Whoever said Iggy is getting worse should be banned from PSD. Dude you don't know **** about basketball and its clear by your posts.\
haha

Talking about him like he's who? :laugh2: :laugh:

Go through this entire thread or any related to Iggy in that matter and see if I ever overrate anything he does.

Your logic is so foolish its astounding. If he made the All Star Team for the first time how on earth could that mean that he's getting worse as a player? If he made team USA how can that mean he's getting worse as a player?

If the NBA didn't think highly of him he wouldn't be anywhere team USA. He would not have been called team USA's best defensive player in 2010 or the East's best defensive player this past season in the ASG by coach Doc Rivers.

Dude you know NOTHING about basketball. You are literally the only person around saying he's gotten worse as a player. Even Raptor fans have admitted he has gotten better. Doesn't that tell you something?

Yes, I agreee.

bholly
07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
I really don't think he's going anywhere. Doug Collins and Rod Thorn seem very content with what they've done in the offseason, and the one thing that seems clear to them is that Jrue, Evan, and Iggy will be starting.

It's fun kicking around some trade ideas for Iggy, but he's not going anywhere until at least the trade deadline.

I'm not nearly as sure he stays as you are, but I'm definitely closer to your view than I am to the view most people seem to have that trading him is now inevitable. I'd say greater than 50% chance we keep him now.

BuddhaMONK
07-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Dude, you made me choke on my pizza while laughing, to he point where I choked and had to spit out my food.

LMFAO here's a quote from you (on the 4th or 5th page) you f*cking hypocrite

"iggy isnt even that good. Statistically, Hes really inefficent, a poor scorer, and has to play a lot of minutes to even be effective. Hes only a really good defender, thats it about him. I wouldnt even offer derozan for him anymore. Demar, is no where near a good defender, hes actually verybad, but he still has a higher potential to become a bettr player, if he isnt already, better than iggy. Statistically, derozan average nearly 5 points more ppg than iggy, and is only 22 and still developing. Im surprised iggy even made the all star team, 12 ppg? damnn.."

TwoBit
07-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I think he will be either traded to the wolves or blazers. I'm surprised a contender is not looking at trying to nab him. There is no way he is staying with the sixers with the types of acquisitions they have made this offseason between Harkless/Young/Wright etc.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 08:07 PM
LMFAO here's a quote from you (on the 4th or 5th page) you f*cking hypocrite

"iggy isnt even that good. Statistically, Hes really inefficent, a poor scorer, and has to play a lot of minutes to even be effective. Hes only a really good defender, thats it about him. I wouldnt even offer derozan for him anymore. Demar, is no where near a good defender, hes actually verybad, but he still has a higher potential to become a bettr player, if he isnt already, better than iggy. Statistically, derozan average nearly 5 points more ppg than iggy, and is only 22 and still developing. Im surprised iggy even made the all star team, 12 ppg? damnn.."

Where Did I say He wasnt getting better? I merely stated his stats were lower than derozans, trying to sell derozan to others to be somewaht convinced of his value. No hypocrit behaviour from me :)

FriedTofuz
07-13-2012, 08:08 PM
I think he will be either traded to the wolves or blazers. I'm surprised a contender is not looking at trying to nab him. There is no way he is staying with the sixers with the types of acquisitions they have made this offseason between Harkless/Young/Wright etc.

the blazers have nothing to offer. wolves will be getting batum.

BuddhaMONK
07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Where Did I say He wasnt getting better? I merely stated his stats were lower than derozans, trying to sell derozan to others to be somewaht convinced of his value. No hypocrit behaviour from me :)

Here's you arguing with someone who says he's getting better...

"I dont understand, Hes playing the best basketball of his career while all his numbers are declining? If hes playing at his best, why has there been rumors for him to be traded for the past two years? iF hes playing `the best ball of his career` why even consider trading him?"

Notice how u clearly say his numbers are declining....

LTBaByyy
07-13-2012, 08:16 PM
If the Mavs can some way pull off getting Iggy, it would be amazing!!!