PDA

View Full Version : Hornets will match max offer sheet for Eric Gordon

king4day
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Ric Bucher‏@RicBucher

Source: Hornets not scared off by Gordon's comments, will match Suns' 4-year, $58million offer and plan to keep him. No S&T.

https://twitter.com/ricbucher

Disappointed by this but it's not a complete surprise. I'm more shocked that New Orleans didn't publically announce their intentions until now. Not the best way to make your new star feel wanted.

SpaceJamJordans
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
yikes.

JPHX
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Next up Orange Juice Mayonnaise...

Mckphins
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes yes yes yes yes. Can't wait to hear sunsfan now talking bout the disgruntled star/sulking

king4day
07-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Next up Orange Juice Mayonnaise...

I'd like it if we give him 2 or less years. Otherwise, just resign brown

Losoway
07-10-2012, 09:35 PM
does he have to wave a white flag?

he already came out and said HE DOESNT want to play in new orleans

let him go . this aint slavery

Potential33
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM

This

Mckphins
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
The money and the winning will change his mind

Cal827
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Paying a guy 58 million isn't slavery.... I would call this move jack-assery if anything lol

greg_ory_2005
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Well the Hornets do look pretty good on paper with the addition of Anderson.

zB_#85
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Que another malcontent player demanding a trade :rolleyes:

JPHX
07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I'd like it if we give him 2 or less years. Otherwise, just resign brown

If he takes it im down. We're already taking a chance the Bease, might as well gamble on Mayo too. Brown would be my third option since we already know what we're getting outta him.

Mckphins
07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
A starting lineup including Davis, Gordon, rivers, and Anderson is going to be fun to watch

Losoway
07-10-2012, 09:41 PM

my point exactly . gordan gave a speech about how he wants phx and he doesnt understand the hornets future why they would draft austin rivers someone that plays exactly like him

just let him go :facepalm:

MrfadeawayJB
07-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Well the Hornets do look pretty good on paper with the addition of Anderson.

yeah a lineup of

Jack/Vasquez
Gordon/Rivers
Aminu/Henry/Miller
Anderson/ Smith
Davis/Kaman?

isnt too bad! I'd run with them on 2K

ManRam
07-10-2012, 09:42 PM
As expected.

And it was 140% the right move.

nicegoing
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
His complaint was lack of big men and the FO's will to compete. They have Ryan Anderson now, coming off a terrific season.

Vinny642
07-10-2012, 09:48 PM

for 58 million in 4 years... yes it is

Vinny642
07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I still will wait for it to happen first, because earlier Bucher said he predicted the Hornets to trade him

Patriotsfan97
I'm starting to love NO. Got 2 UK players in the draft and making nice offseason moves. Possibly my #2 favorite team right now. Gonna be damn good in the future.

JeffG20
my point exactly . gordan gave a speech about how he wants phx and he doesnt understand the hornets future why they would draft austin rivers someone that plays exactly like him

when we can potentially trade him for better pieces down the road or keep him. hell no

Glen20
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM

*cue

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
his happiness is of no concern to me.... if he wants to have an nba career he'll play and forget about it.

Lake_Show2416
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Hornets now have 3 nice core pieces to build into something promising, another year in the lottery of next years draft is a high possibility, so they can b a good team for years in the near future

ACanadian
07-10-2012, 09:53 PM
LOL at the Sunsfan88 guy

Gagan136
07-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Not a huge surprise, the Hornets are going to be a fun team to watch.

aussie
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
this is old news!

Lake_Show2416
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM

:facepalm: slaves dont get paid nearly $60,000,000 for playing a game/being injured, he was restricted thats how the rules work

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 09:56 PM
LOL at the Sunsfan88 guy

he's :mad:

JPHX
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Hornets woulda been more exciting if they drafted a facilitator like Marshall.

YeaDat
07-10-2012, 09:59 PM
all he has to do is sign a qo and become ufa next summer and he's free to go, and they may trade him to get something

AI4MVP
07-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Hornets woulda been more exciting if they drafted a facilitator like Marshall.

Or if they did a sign and trade for him ;)

ACanadian
07-10-2012, 10:00 PM
If you look at my profile you will see what he said to me about E.Gordon signing their. It makes it so much more funnier

aussie
07-10-2012, 10:01 PM
all he has to do is sign a qo and become ufa next summer and he's free to go, and they may trade him to get something

that'd be a stupid move for him, what if he gets injured this season, his value will rocket down...better of taking the max now, so if he does get injured he will still be getting big money!

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 10:01 PM
If you look at my profile you will see what he said to me about E.Gordon signing their. It makes it so much more funnier

might be sig worthy!

mdm692
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
The money and the winning will change his mind

Is that right?

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Is that right?

its looking good for us....its not unreasonable to say they could be a force in a year or 2

ACanadian
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
might be sig worthy!

I don't really know how to makes sig's but if I did I would totally do that, just to embarrass him more :laugh: :laugh:

mdm692
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
His complaint was lack of big men and the FO's will to compete. They have Ryan Anderson now, coming off a terrific season.

I would too if Dwight Howard was playing C in my team.

JPHX
07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Or if they did a sign and trade for him ;)

haha no. They need both.

mdm692
07-10-2012, 10:09 PM
its looking good for us....its not unreasonable to say they could be a force in a year or 2

I'm not saying it isn't but some of the people in your fan base think you guys will be instant contender when you have 2 rookies(one of them sg), a pf who was a product of D12 and no play maker to keep the ball moving. Future is bright indeed but I think it's better to wait instead of making such allegations.

sharqstealth
07-10-2012, 10:12 PM
He will be a cancer to that team! He hasn't proven anything yet he demands where he wanna go, what an f***n diva! If I'm the Hornets I sign and trade him for Sun's Marshall and a 1st round pick!

310Casper
07-10-2012, 10:13 PM
its gotta be weird knowing your star player doesn't want to be on your team, yet he's now forced to play on it...

Hopefully he gets over it and the Hornets are a breakthrough team next season getting into the playoffs.

Winning cures everything

Vinny642
07-10-2012, 10:14 PM
He will be a cancer to that team! He hasn't proven anything yet he demands where he wanna go, what an f***n diva! If I'm the Hornets I sign and trade him for Sun's Marshall and a 1st round pick!

Or match their offer and trade him to wherever we want when he is eligible to be traded

mdm692
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Honest question guys what is a better fit for Gordon Suns or Hornets

Suns look like
Dragic/Gordon/Beasley/Frye or Kieff/Gortat

Hornets look like
Rivers/Gordon/Aminu??/Anderson/Davis

YashBoone
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I don really see what he is doing anyway... N.O. Just got a Davis and rivers... Should be looking to get better from here on out.

Potential33
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
a friend of his said he hates the town and doesn't like partying or the people or the scenery he is just a country boy who wants to play in a country town..which is why phoenix makes sense.

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm not saying it isn't but some of the people in your fan base think you guys will be instant contender when you have 2 rookies(one of them sg), a pf who was a product of D12 and no play maker to keep the ball moving. Future is bright indeed but I think it's better to wait instead of making such allegations.

i never saw anyone say that. we're just excited after the shitstorm with Chris and potentially moving the team. people are excited but contenders we are not

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Honest question guys what is a better fit for Gordon Suns or Hornets

Suns look like
Dragic/Gordon/Beasley/Frye or Kieff/Gortat

Hornets look like
Rivers/Gordon/Aminu??/Anderson/Davis

short term probably the suns. but i believe we have more upside for the longrun

JPHX
07-10-2012, 10:33 PM
short term probably the suns. but i believe we have more upside for the longrun

I hope y'all ain't planning to run Davis at the center position in the long run. He's gonna get worked. Unless bulks up he's more suited as a PF.

3RDASYSTEM
07-10-2012, 10:39 PM
They just dont build'em like AI/KG/JORDAN mentally wise no more, i know loyalty doesnt exist but these two were definitely last of a dyin breed

everybody from KB/MELO/HOWARD/CP3 wanted out at some point and made serious headlines with it

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I hope y'all ain't planning to run Davis at the center position in the long run. He's gonna get worked. Unless bulks up he's more suited as a PF.

i have no idea what the hell is going to happen other then having a ton of guards and no center lol

TeamSeattle
07-10-2012, 10:49 PM
a friend of his said he hates the town and doesn't like partying or the people or the scenery he is just a country boy who wants to play in a country town..which is why phoenix makes sense.

I'm not too fond of that hell hole known as new orleans either so i feel where he's coming from. Why try to chase a guy who openly refuses to play for you and you have rivers who is capable of taking his spot.

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm not too fond of that hell hole known as new orleans either so i feel where he's coming from. Why try to chase a guy who openly refuses to play for you and you have rivers who is capable of taking his spot.

because you can trade the guy for better assets down the road then getting scrap from PHO now. if he's so childish as to dog it for 3 or 4 years then so be it. it will be his last nba team if he did.

YeaDat
07-10-2012, 10:59 PM
that'd be a stupid move for him, what if he gets injured this season, his value will rocket down...better of taking the max now, so if he does get injured he will still be getting big money!

Nah not really if he doesn't really want to be there. Besides he only played like 12 games this past season, and it didn't hurt his stock.

phoenix_bladen
07-11-2012, 05:59 PM

that's why ur not a GM

they'll match and then sit down and talk to him and get him to buy into the team.

if he doesn't they'll start the season with him together and with him playing along side davis and the other youngsters it might make him change his mind a bit

how many times did kobe bryant demand a trade in 2004 or 2007 or something like that ? did the lakers ever trade him away?

mdm692
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/gordon_120711

AddiX
07-11-2012, 06:04 PM
A chucking undersized SG getting max money in today's NBA, SMH...

mdm692
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
A chucking undersized SG getting max money in today's NBA, SMH...

Dwayne Wade??

jiggin
07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
wow...bad move, no way he lives up to that.

AddiX
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Dwayne Wade??

Not even gonna bother...:facepalm:

mdm692
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Not even gonna bother...:facepalm:

Good now go away.

justinnum1
07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
stein
Hornets now have 3 days to match EGordon offer sheet. They definitely will but early indications I get is they'll make PHX wait full 3 days

love it

thephoenixson28
07-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I don't get it. New Orleans are going to match a offer on Gordon, that doesn't want to play there. They can spend that money next year, on a good player to upgrade there young team. Gordon isn't going to get you that much, seeing he wants out of New Orleans. People are going to low ball like crazy. Especially with that contract. Just my opinion.

mdm692
07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
stein

love it

Yes make your franchise player even angrier so we can have EJ-Drama. As soon as D12 gets traded Gordon will start to complain about NOH.

nolafan33
07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I don't get it. New Orleans are going to match a offer on Gordon, that doesn't want to play there. They can spend that money next year, on a good player to upgrade there young team. Gordon isn't going to get you that much, seeing he wants out of New Orleans. People are going to low ball like crazy. Especially with that contract. Just my opinion.

Monty:

I just think when youre going through free agency and youre talking about that kind of money, certain things are said and felt, Williams said. But I think when the dust settles, youll hear more of the truth about where he wants to be.

I think Eric is just in a weird situation right now, Williams said. Ive told you guys from Day 1 with him, he has always talked about being here. And then all of this stuff has come out of the blue. Its not a contradiction.

AddiX
07-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Good now go away.

I'll leave, the same way Nash did.

Enjoy watching your team and the newest face of your franchise, "the Great Gortat!"

thephoenixson28
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Monty:

I just think when youre going through free agency and youre talking about that kind of money, certain things are said and felt, Williams said. But I think when the dust settles, youll hear more of the truth about where he wants to be.

I think Eric is just in a weird situation right now, Williams said. Ive told you guys from Day 1 with him, he has always talked about being here. And then all of this stuff has come out of the blue. Its not a contradiction.

It's weird cuz Gordon is the one that said it, it's not coming out of the blue. He is just saying what he is supposed to say.

thephoenixson28
07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Monty:

It's weird cuz Gordon is the one that said it, it's not coming out of the blue. He is just saying what he is supposed to say.

mdm692
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM

Enjoy watching your team and the newest face of your franchise, "the Great Gortat!"

Traded by FO??

:confused:

Here is hand for trying though. :clap:

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 06:42 PM

LOL cute

we already have a lot of money for next year tho :)

Thanks for your concern

king4day
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM

I know you're just trying to get under his skin, but the new face will be between Beasley and Dragic. Suns fans don't see Gortat as the future face.

mdm692
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
LOL cute

we already have a lot of money for next year tho :)

Thanks for your concern

Not really a concern. If he really doesn't want to be there why not trade him. I don't mean to the suns but just overall you would rather have a player who can be a cancer to the team and be a horrible model to your rookies Rivers and Davis. Which basically shows be a diva and you get what you want.

AddiX
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Traded by FO??

:confused:

Here is hand for trying though. :clap:

Keep the hand man, your gonna need it for rubbing the tears after watching the suns big 3, Gortat, Dudley, Frye...

be scared NBA, very Scared.... That the suns may overpay for your role-players just so they cam break 10 wins.

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Not really a concern. If he really doesn't want to be there why not trade him. I don't mean to the suns but just overall you would rather have a player who can be a cancer to the team and be a horrible model to your rookies Rivers and Davis. Which basically shows be a diva and you get what you want.

Who is to say we wont trade him??....

Just because we match doesn't mean we won't trade him when he is eligible to trade... it just gives us more time, and you really don't know if he will be a cancer, he hasn't shown me he is that type, i think we'll be just fine:)

AddiX
07-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I know you're just trying to get under his skin, but the new face will be between Beasley and Dragic. Suns fans don't see Gortat as the future face.

Ya man, just talking smack. I got NP w the suns or you, just retaliating....

mdm692
07-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Keep the hand man, your gonna need it for rubbing the tears after watching the suns big 3, Gortat, Dudley, Frye...

be scared NBA, very Scared.... That the suns may overpay for your role-players just so they cam break 10 wins.

You mad bro seems like I hit a nerve hahahaha.
:clap:

torocan
07-11-2012, 06:58 PM
It was the right move.

Once PHO put in an offer sheet, NO could only match or let him walk for NOTHING.

Only an irresponsible FO would let a player like EG leave without getting something in return. So now, they have time to convince him to stay, OR they can trade him for some assets that fit better.

It was NO's only choice, and the right choice.

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 06:59 PM
It was the right move.

Once PHO put in an offer sheet, Charlotte could only match or let him walk for NOTHING.

Only an irresponsible FO would let a player like EG leave without getting something in return. So now, they have time to convince him to stay, OR they can trade him for some assets that fit better.

It was Charlotte's only choice, and the right choice.

Please leave PSD forever... for calling us "Charlotte".... that crappy team with the worst win % ever and still didnt get the first pick in the draft is Charlotte

torocan
07-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Please leave PSD forever... for calling us "Charlotte".... that crappy team with the worst win % ever and still didnt get the first pick in the draft is Charlotte

Sorry, NO. It was a typo... =P and now corrected.

Not like NO's record was THAT much better hehe. Anyway, my apologies :)

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Sorry, NO. It was a typo... =P and now corrected.

Not like NO's record was THAT much better hehe. Anyway, my apologies :)

Just dont make the mistake again :) lol

SunsFanIam
07-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Look I am a suns fan no doubt, but from a business side why would you let an asset walk away for nothing? I do think 14.5 mil a year is way to much money for the guy tho.

Some Suns fans make the fan base look stupid in here at times but thats psd for ya. Every fan base has those. People get to worked up on this site, when it is for just general discussion.

Back to topic tho... Gordan would have been a nice piece but I think it would be smarter not to sign him or mayo. I dont think those pieces are franchise players and I think the only way to get those kind of players is thru the draft. It is time for the Suns to rebuild and why go get people who wont put you in automatic contention?? Just suck it up and rebuild thru the draft. Its what some of the best teams have done. Example Thunder, Bulls, Heat(before James).

The rebuilding part sucks as fans but every team has to do it and it should just be our time to do the same.

AddiX
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
You mad bro seems like I hit a nerve hahahaha.

Nah, it's all in good fun.. ;)

mdm692
07-11-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/56154980?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7C s

Interesting I wonder if NOH have softened their stance. That would suck for NOH considering they could of done S&T but they never even wanted to start the conversations when Suns FO called.

THE MTL
07-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Why would you sign a guy to so much money when we OPENLY said he wants to go to Phoenix. Many times guys sign these offer sheets with intentions of going back to their original team on the matc. You havent heard anything from Lin or Hibbert.

But Gordon actually wants the suns.

Hornets should let him go. He isnt worth the max. They should build like the Thunder. You got a future franchise player already, so suck for another year or two. Get some more high picks and you got a team in about 3 years.

thephoenixson28
07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/56154980?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7C s

Interesting I wonder if NOH have softened their stance. That would suck for NOH considering they could of done S&T but they never even wanted to start the conversations when Suns FO called.

People don't understand that, New Orleans gets salary cap. Not to say that's enough, but they couldve got picks from Phoenix via S&T. The only thing people get for a disgruntled player are picks, and cap relief. Gordon doesn't want to play there, that's why I thought new Orleans should've did a sign and trade.

mdm692
07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Why would you sign a guy to so much money when we OPENLY said he wants to go to Phoenix. Many times guys sign these offer sheets with intentions of going back to their original team on the matc. You havent heard anything from Lin or Hibbert.

Hornets should let him go. He isnt worth the max. They should build like the Thunder. You got a future franchise player already, so suck for another year or two. Get some more high picks and you got a team in about 3 years.

Look at the Batum situation. He said he wanted out now POR is getting a vet SF and 2 1st. Im sure NOH could of gotten a potential franchise PG in Marshall, 1st round picks and fillers.

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 10:45 PM
No S&T can happen now, and the Suns have no assets to give us, stop with the homerism here, the smart move is to resign him, match the offer, and play him, if he don't play, we can trade him later, no need to let him walk for nothing.

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Look at the Batum situation. He said he wanted out now POR is getting a vet SF and 2 1st. Im sure NOH could of gotten a potential franchise PG in Marshall, 1st round picks and fillers.

Franchise PG that can't shoot or score....:rolleyes:

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 10:49 PM

Why delay being good then? Why just give him up if we can keep him, and be good sooner?? Why be worse when we can be good now??

I think most of this is just an act on Gordon's part, he is being a little baby, but it doesn't mean he WON'T play for us, if we keep him. Im sure his opinion will change shortly after the contract

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Look I am a suns fan no doubt, but from a business side why would you let an asset walk away for nothing? I do think 14.5 mil a year is way to much money for the guy tho.

Some Suns fans make the fan base look stupid in here at times but thats psd for ya. Every fan base has those. People get to worked up on this site, when it is for just general discussion.

Back to topic tho... Gordan would have been a nice piece but I think it would be smarter not to sign him or mayo. I dont think those pieces are franchise players and I think the only way to get those kind of players is thru the draft. It is time for the Suns to rebuild and why go get people who wont put you in automatic contention?? Just suck it up and rebuild thru the draft. Its what some of the best teams have done. Example Thunder, Bulls, Heat(before James).

The rebuilding part sucks as fans but every team has to do it and it should just be our time to do the same.

+1 Finally, thank you man, for having logic in what he says.... compared to just saying we dont match so they get Gordon, I think Gordon isnt worth the max right now but he can if and only if he stays healthy, he has the talent to, but most of the FAs here aren't worth the money they are getting, its crazy

asap_simba
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Would of been nice to of seen a trade go down like : Kendall Marshall + a bunch of picks for Gordon but it will still be interesting to see how Eric gordon and Austin rivers can play together. Hornets are gonna be an interesting team to watch next year.

mdm692
07-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Franchise PG that can't shoot or score....:rolleyes:

Rondo says hi. :rolleyes:

THE MTL
07-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Why delay being good then? Why just give him up if we can keep him, and be good sooner?? Why be worse when we can be good now??

I think most of this is just an act on Gordon's part, he is being a little baby, but it doesn't mean he WON'T play for us, if we keep him. Im sure his opinion will change shortly after the contract

Gordon is NOT a max player though, and I think a youth movement along with the flexibility will go much further for the Hornets. Dont forget you are in the Western Conference with Thunder, Clippers, Lakers, and budding teams like Wolves and Nuggets.

The Hornets arent winning a damn thing with Gordon and Davis. I much rather bite the bullet for another year and pick someone else up in the draft instead of giving injury proned disgruntled "ABOVE-AVERAGE" player a maximum contract.

I just think its not good to put almost 25 million dollars per year into Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon.

If anything work a S&T deal with the Suns. You can probi get a pick or so in the deal.

mdm692
07-11-2012, 11:04 PM

I don't know that's what I am asking and that's why I posted the article that suggest that NOH is actually thinking about that. So I don't know how I or anybody else is making the fan base look idiotic when we are just posting the information provided to us.

And Vinny or whatever your username is(no disrespect im bad with names) I'm not saying hey lets do a S&T I know that once the offer sheet is signed no S&T is possible. What I am saying why would they even think about letting EJ go for nothing when they could of had something yesterday and even earlier today. I'm not attacking your organization or fan base but every time we seem to mention or say something that is obviously there you seem to attack us bro.

thephoenixson28
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Gordon is NOT a max player though, and I think a youth movement along with the flexibility will go much further for the Hornets. Dont forget you are in the Western Conference with Thunder, Clippers, Lakers, and budding teams like Wolves and Nuggets.

The Hornets arent winning a damn thing with Gordon and Davis. I much rather bite the bullet for another year and pick someone else up in the draft instead of giving injury proned disgruntled "ABOVE-AVERAGE" player a maximum contract.

I just think its not good to put almost 25 million dollars per year into Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon.

If anything work a S&T deal with the Suns. You can probi get a pick or so in the deal.

Best explanation. But now we can't do a sign and trade cuz Gordon already signed the offer sheet. So it's either pay max money for a disgruntled player, or have cap relief, suck for 1 more year get a top pick and have cap relief. Like I said when trading a disgruntled player, you almost never get equal value.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Rondo says hi. :rolleyes:

He actually isnt a bad scorer, he can't shoot but he can score and look at who he had as a team, im sure that helped...

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 12:41 AM

Gordon is a Top 5 Shooting Guard when healthy.... and is only 23/24...

And I think Ryan Anderson is deserving of his contract which is 4 years 36 million I believe.. considering Asik is getting 8 million. Im not saying I would want to give Gordon the money but he got the contract.. the stupid move would be to not match it, it doesn't mean he can't be traded further down the line.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Best explanation. But now we can't do a sign and trade cuz Gordon already signed the offer sheet. So it's either pay max money for a disgruntled player, or have cap relief, suck for 1 more year get a top pick and have cap relief. Like I said when trading a disgruntled player, you almost never get equal value.

We have plenty of cap relief either way... this year and next year... don't forget we have Rashard Lewis's 23 Million coming off next year... we'd have enough for another max contract next year... and you are assuming he will be DISGRUNTLED ... he has never shown me he would be like that... the comments he made last week isn't enough to change my thinking. I think it was a bunch of bologna, since he wanted to feel loved and everybody to embrace him, and he wanted us to come to him with a contract? That wasn' the Hornet's job..

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't know that's what I am asking and that's why I posted the article that suggest that NOH is actually thinking about that. So I don't know how I or anybody else is making the fan base look idiotic when we are just posting the information provided to us.

And Vinny or whatever your username is(no disrespect im bad with names) I'm not saying hey lets do a S&T I know that once the offer sheet is signed no S&T is possible. What I am saying why would they even think about letting EJ go for nothing when they could of had something yesterday and even earlier today. I'm not attacking your organization or fan base but every time we seem to mention or say something that is obviously there you seem to attack us bro.

I only attack the ignorant homers, that don't write logical posts... saying for us to just give him up for nothing is ignorant and homer... that is DREAM-like, this is reality, especially when even before the season ended, we have said we were going to match any offer.... and we stood by that throughout it all... why would we about face and say "nevermind, let him walk".... makes ZERO sense.

mdm692
07-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I only attack the ignorant homers, that don't write logical posts... saying for us to just give him up for nothing is ignorant and homer... that is DREAM-like, this is reality, especially when even before the season ended, we have said we were going to match any offer.... and we stood by that throughout it all... why would we about face and say "nevermind, let him walk".... makes ZERO sense.

Ok well once again you fail to acknowledge the fact that I AM NOT SAYING THIS. It is a news paper article that is suggesting it. Here is the link that suggests that the Hornets are thinking about it which should be out of the question.
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/art...t%7CSports%7Cs

thephoenixson28
07-12-2012, 01:00 AM
We have plenty of cap relief either way... this year and next year... don't forget we have Rashard Lewis's 23 Million coming off next year... we'd have enough for another max contract next year... and you are assuming he will be DISGRUNTLED ... he has never shown me he would be like that... the comments he made last week isn't enough to change my thinking. I think it was a bunch of bologna, since he wanted to feel loved and everybody to embrace him, and he wanted us to come to him with a contract? That wasn' the Hornet's job..

Not assuming, that came straight from the source. It's not like someone said that he would be upset, he said it himself. A player doesn't come out on his own, if he didn't really mean it. If he wanted to feel loved and embraced don't you think he would've stayed in New Orleans knowingly they were going to match, but still made those comments. It's simple he wants out, even if the Hornets match he still wants out.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Not assuming, that came straight from the source. It's not like someone said that he would be upset, he said it himself. A player doesn't come out on his own, if he didn't really mean it. If he wanted to feel loved and embraced don't you think he would've stayed in New Orleans knowingly they were going to match, but still made those comments. It's simple he wants out, even if the Hornets match he still wants out.

But yet he will still play for us... and nope he was mad we didnt offer him what he wanted during the regular season, he acted like no one approached him in the offseason, its really all about being the face of the franchise and the money.

As you can see by the Suns thirsty effort with the billboard or on the screen, with a pic of him in a Suns jersey saying "Cornerstone"

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Ok well once again you fail to acknowledge the fact that I AM NOT SAYING THIS. It is a news paper article that is suggesting it. Here is the link that suggests that the Hornets are thinking about it which should be out of the question.
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/art...t%7CSports%7Cs

It says page cannot be found

mdm692
07-12-2012, 01:19 AM
It says page cannot be found

I don't know what happened I wonder if they got in trouble. Anyways here is the original quote from the page before it was taken down. It is quoted by one "Lizard_King" towards the middle of the page in the suns forum.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=737077&page=18

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:23 AM
I don't know what happened I wonder if they got in trouble. Anyways here is the original quote from the page before it was taken down. It is quoted by one "Lizard_King" towards the middle of the page in the suns forum.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=737077&page=18

What am I supposed to be in shock about? Not trolling, im curious, like what is the main part of that you wanted me to see?

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:25 AM
John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

The Suns did draft a contract meant to discourage NO from matching offer sheet to Eric Gordon but as of now feeling is they still match.

John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

@lhanich structured to very heavily discourage NO from matching, but they will anyway

hawksd911
07-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Seems like everyone is signing a max contract.. In a couple years nobody will be able to sign free agents! They won't have any cap room

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Seems like everyone is signing a max contract.. In a couple years nobody will be able to sign free agents! They won't have any cap room

they gonna miss that amnesty

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Oh and dont think I dislike the Suns or Phoenix or their fans, I like the franchise, and if we did let EJ go, I wouldn't be too upset, at least he went to a good team, compared to like the Knicks, Heat, Lakers, Celtics, or Nets

mdm692
07-12-2012, 01:41 AM
What am I supposed to be in shock about? Not trolling, im curious, like what is the main part of that you wanted me to see?

Once again it is SUGGESTED or IMPLIED by the quote from the article that NOH is actually thinking about not matching. Which is ridiculous but that is the main point of this conversation.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Once again it is SUGGESTED or IMPLIED by the quote from the article that NOH is actually thinking about not matching. Which is ridiculous but that is the main point of this conversation.

But it also said that Monty Williams said Eric was in the Hornets future plans

JPHX
07-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Monty Williams is gonna find out real quick how Rivers is not a PG. Hope Vasquez or whoever they have left is ready to step up.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Monty Williams is gonna find out real quick how Rivers is not a PG. Hope Vasquez or whoever they have left is ready to step up.

He did it laast season, I dont see why we wouldnt step up again, his jumper and three pointer look nice

mdm692
07-12-2012, 01:48 AM
He did it laast season, I dont see why we wouldnt step up again, his jumper and three pointer look nice

I like Vazques or I used to watch him when he was in Maryland but I always thought he would be a Manu type player. Maybe it's a stereotype because he is from South America lol but he is legit.

EDIT: Monty also said if players didn't want to be there that adjustments had to be made. But whatever we can only wait.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 01:52 AM
I like Vazques or I used to watch him when he was in Maryland but I always thought he would be a Manu type player. Maybe it's a stereotype because he is from South America lol but he is legit.

EDIT: Monty also said if players didn't want to be there that adjustments had to be made. But whatever we can only wait.

BENCH RIDING!!

And I am a big fan of Vasquez, I was watching him vs Nigeria(god awful game, but two Hornets, so i had to watch it)

He was looking really really good

mdm692
07-12-2012, 02:07 AM
BENCH RIDING!!

And I am a big fan of Vasquez, I was watching him vs Nigeria(god awful game, but two Hornets, so i had to watch it)

He was looking really really good

I doubt you guys want the same thing that happened in DET when players refused to play. Given it was different circumstances the last thing you want to do is pay a player a max contract to sit on the bench. EJ would love that though lol. Like I said though we can only wait. And yes Vasquez is a great player I hope he becomes a consistent player like he was in Maryland.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 02:09 AM
I doubt you guys want the same thing that happened in DET when players refused to play. Given it was different circumstances the last thing you want to do is pay a player a max contract to sit on the bench. EJ would love that though lol. Like I said though we can only wait. And yes Vasquez is a great player I hope he becomes a consistent player like he was in Maryland.

I wouldn't want anyone on the bench, but I wouldn't see him get to the point of not playing.

WillisLovechild
07-12-2012, 02:29 AM

He's getting 14.5 million dollars a year, and that is slavery? Oh, so they should let him go just because he said he wants to leave? Good thing you don't run an organization, they would crumble. The NBA is a business and he just has to deal with it. He was the main piece they got back for Chris Paul, there is no way they are letting him walk.

naps
07-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Isn't Austin Rivers a shooting guard as well? How are they gonna play two shooting guards? I would assume Rivers would be starting in order for him to get more minutes and therefore, more chances to correct his game. Isn't that how a rebuilding team develop it's top young talents? If they had plans to keep Gordon in the long run they should have gotten a PG or SF or PF instead of Rivers.

However, I think the reason they are matching the offer is that they want to trade him and get valuable young assets in return including some very high picks instead of just losing him for nothing. If that's the case then it makes a lot of sense.

Vinny642
07-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Isn't Austin Rivers a shooting guard as well? How are they gonna play two shooting guards? I would assume Rivers would be starting in order for him to get more minutes and therefore, more chances to correct his game. Isn't that how a rebuilding team develop it's top young talents? If they had plans to keep Gordon in the long run they should have gotten a PG or SF or PF instead of Rivers.

However, I think the reason they are matching the offer is that they want to trade him and get valuable young assets in return including some very high picks instead of just losing him for nothing. If that's the case then it makes a lot of sense.

They are playing Rivers as PG in practice and Monty has already said they will be on the floor at the same time

SunsFanIam
07-12-2012, 09:38 AM

I think just saying letting a person go that teams do want for nothing is dumb. I am not saying overall you are making the fan base look idiot but coming from when Amar'e left you should know its better to get something in return then just let him walk.. Ask Cleveland.

BURAKOBE
07-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Goran Dragic will be one of the best players in the league.They give up on one great pg, and they just got another. Just wanted to say.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Since Eric Gordon doesnt wanna be in New Orleans for whatever reason, can't they just sign and trade him to Phoenix? They can probably get a whole lot for him based around Kendall Marshall and some First Rounders

J Dub8299
07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Since Eric Gordon doesnt wanna be in New Orleans for whatever reason, can't they just sign and trade him to Phoenix? They can probably get a whole lot for him based around Kendall Marshall and some First Rounders

Eric Gordon has signed his offer sheet with Phoenix...once they sign an offer sheet with another team under league rules you cannot S&T to that team, once NOLA matches the offer they can trade him anywhere they want but in the first year of that deal he can veto any trade.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Eric Gordon has signed his offer sheet with Phoenix...once they sign an offer sheet with another team under league rules you cannot S&T to that team, once NOLA matches the offer they can trade him anywhere they want but in the first year of that deal he can veto any trade.

So if they match the offer tomorrow, then they can trade him to Phoenix the next day, theoretically? I doubt he would veto it, since he wants to go to Phoenix anyway.

blastmasta26
07-12-2012, 11:09 AM

Yeah, they should explore a sign and trade if Phoenix gives up a lot.

torocan
07-12-2012, 11:38 AM
So if they match the offer tomorrow, then they can trade him to Phoenix the next day, theoretically? I doubt he would veto it, since he wants to go to Phoenix anyway.

No. Once you match you can't trade until the next set of trade deadlines.

mdm692
07-12-2012, 12:17 PM
I think just saying letting a person go that teams do want for nothing is dumb. I am not saying overall you are making the fan base look idiot but coming from when Amar'e left you should know its better to get something in return then just let him walk.. Ask Cleveland.

For the 3rd time I AM NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD LET HIM GO lol. If you go back I provided an article that suggest NOH is thinking about letting him go which is ridiculous imo.

J Dub8299
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM

NO...once NOLA matches they can trade him anywhere else, except Phoenix for one full year since he had signed an offer sheet with phoenix. However he can still veto any trade in that first year. For example if he hadnt signed PHX's offer sheet a S&T could be worked with NOLA & PHX but according to league rules upon signing the contract with PHX there is no ability to work a S&T with PHX. Feel me? Also the Suns GM was on the radio talking about how they tried to do a S&T with NOLA before Gordon signed his offer sheet but NOLA was unwilling to negotiate.

Stinkyoutsider
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I know why NO is matching the offer but I wouldn't. Why would you want a guy on your team that doesn't want to be there? He's already come out and said that he hopes NO doesn't match so he can leave the team.

NO will be fine without him. Keep building the team through the draft and an occasional free agent here and there. People in NO know that it's going to take more time to build a winner so take the time they give.

nobreed504
07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Gordon wanted out because he did not know Austin Rivers was going to play Pg. He thought Austin was his replacement. So why would you want to play in New Orleans with some guy right behind you ready to take your spot. Hell I would want to leave to. Austin had no one to pass the ball to at Duke(coach K's words not mine). So how can he not play Pg if he has not had the chance? We have a year for him to learn. So we can suck this year who cares? Get another lottery pick in a draft that is on record for being strong in C's and SF's. We will also have the money to be able to sign a max player. I bet Gordan won't say a word with all that happening in another year. Sounds like a plan to me.

oufanatic14
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Gordon wanted out because he did not know Austin Rivers was going to play Pg. He thought Austin was his replacement. So why would you want to play in New Orleans with some guy right behind you ready to take your spot. Hell I would want to leave to. Austin had no one to pass the ball to at Duke(coach K's words not mine). So how can he not play Pg if he has not had the chance? We have a year for him to learn. So we can suck this year who cares? Get another lottery pick in a draft that is on record for being strong in C's and SF's. We will also have the money to be able to sign a max player. I bet Gordan won't say a word with all that happening in another year. Sounds like a plan to me.

Would be sick if we drafted C Noel from Kentucky then signed Iguodala
Rivers
Gordon
Iggy
Davis/Anderson
Noel
:drool:

J Dub8299
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM
So what time do they have to match by? Any word from that camp?

J Dub8299
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Also I have to imagine that Gordon isnt very happy about them taking their sweet *** time, I mean for somebody who doesnt want to be in NOLA and NOLA says they will match but takes 3 days to do it, and for what? If you want to show a player that you are serious you should match it right away not sit on it for 3 days i dont care how bad you want to "stick" it to the other team. Your supposed to be serious about the player not worried about sticking it to another team so I imagine this will not go over well with Gordon as he might get his hopes up as well.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Got your popcorn ready?

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Also I have to imagine that Gordon isnt very happy about them taking their sweet *** time, I mean for somebody who doesnt want to be in NOLA and NOLA says they will match but takes 3 days to do it, and for what? If you want to show a player that you are serious you should match it right away not sit on it for 3 days i dont care how bad you want to "stick" it to the other team. Your supposed to be serious about the player not worried about sticking it to another team so I imagine this will not go over well with Gordon as he might get his hopes up as well.

How many moves did you guys make in the last 3 days? OK then

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 08:56 AM

dont care how Gordon feels, he's got 4 years to either play or sit on the bench waiting for a trade. his happiness is of no concern to us

Shortys4711
07-14-2012, 09:16 AM
dont care how Gordon feels, he's got 4 years to either play or sit on the bench waiting for a trade. his happiness is of no concern to us

Gee nice way to treat ur players man. Im sure he feels the love. Ps having a pissed off player in ur locker room is not good for ur team chemistry either, so maybe u should care.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Gee nice way to treat ur players man. Im sure he feels the love. Ps having a pissed off player in ur locker room is not good for ur team chemistry either, so maybe u should care.

Im not sticking up for him, but im sure EJ will have 58 million reasons to be content at least, but I actually do care, I hope he turns his act around, I've been tweeting him, hopefully he gets the message that NOLA fans want him.

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 09:22 AM

why should we respect a guy who has no respect for us?....and we are not winning anything soon. it buys us time to get a really good deal for him if he's truely set on not being here.

i have no respect for a guy who's proven nothing thus far crying like a baby. he has no say so and quite honestly i dont care what happens to him as long as we get good value for him.

it wont hurt my feelings if he stays but i'm sick of him.

Shortys4711
07-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Im not sticking up for him, but im sure EJ will have 58 million reasons to be content at least, but I actually do care, I hope he turns his act around, I've been tweeting him, hopefully he gets the message that NOLA fans want him.

Its all good man, im expecting him to stay with u guys and if he does I hope he gives it his all. That's the best way to make him happy if he does stay, Cheer him on, support him and let him know hes wanted, then he might see that hes in a good situatuion, but if fans hate on him it will only make matter worse.

Shortys4711
07-14-2012, 09:29 AM
why should we respect a guy who has no respect for us?....and we are not winning anything soon. it buys us time to get a really good deal for him if he's truely set on not being here.

i have no respect for a guy who's proven nothing thus far crying like a baby. he has no say so and quite honestly i dont care what happens to him as long as we get good value for him.

it wont hurt my feelings if he stays but i'm sick of him.

Look man I get that ur pissed at him for what he has said over the last few weeks but you gotta remember man there more than just players there people too. just like with Nash man, he went to our rival but I cant hate on him he did what was best for him self and his kids.

Put ur self in his shoes bud, If you wanted to leave ur job for another job for personal reasons, yet your current boss wouldnt let you, you would not be happy either.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Its all good man, im expecting him to stay with u guys and if he does I hope he gives it his all. That's the best way to make him happy if he does stay, Cheer him on, support him and let him know hes wanted, then he might see that hes in a good situatuion, but if fans hate on him it will only make matter worse.

Psh, I think even Chris Paul wants to come back after Davis hit that three(and 1) against the DR lol

JeffG20
Look man I get that ur pissed at him for what he has said over the last few weeks but you gotta remember man there more than just players there people too. just like with Nash man, he went to our rival but I cant hate on him he did what was best for him self and his kids.

Put ur self in his shoes bud, If you wanted to leave ur job for another job for personal reasons, yet your current boss wouldnt let you, you would not be happy either.

its different with Nash, he's been there for years and has truely embraced the city and the fans. never got that with eric.

if i had a contract i wouldnt complain, and i get all that but why did he have to say that knowing full well he was going to be back.

from day 1 the fans have embraced Eric and it always just came across as he didnt give a damn. at least with Chris he's played and Earned that right to leave. Eric has earned nothing thus far.

i really get what your saying.... chances are in a few months things will be forgotten but its really hard to find anything good to say about him at the moment.

Vinny642
And thanks man, I hope you dont overpay on a SG, i hope you get Mayo for cheap if you don't get EJ

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 09:40 AM
over time i would like to think that Eric will embrace the city and the fans and play up to that contract. he just needs to do a few things before i can respect the guy.

gaughan333
07-14-2012, 09:53 AM
NBA players are babies

BaddNewz
07-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't get it. He feels slighted because of the rivers pick right? I would too. Drafting a player that plays the same game as myself and the same position sends a funky message.

gaughan333
07-14-2012, 09:56 AM

He's under contract. Get over it, and play. These players are babied far too much in the NBA.

gaughan333
07-14-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't get it. He feels slighted because of the rivers pick right? I would too. Drafting a player that plays the same game as myself and the same position sends a funky message.

Or they took what they thought was the BPA

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 09:57 AM

I dont buy that at all since Gordon was at the PreDraft workouts, he was talking to Monty and Dell, and since we draft Rivers we did say they will be starting together

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 10:05 AM

Rivers was drafted to be a PG, he's getting most of his reps as PG, Demps and Monty said Eric would be the cornerstone of the franchise and would match any offer. now if he feels slighted by that then he has issues

Shortys4711
07-14-2012, 10:05 AM
And thanks man, I hope you dont overpay on a SG, i hope you get Mayo for cheap if you don't get EJ

Cheers man. Would be stoked if we get Mayo if we cant get EJ. Either way its been a pretty decent off season for both teams bud.

Shortys4711
07-14-2012, 10:07 AM
over time i would like to think that Eric will embrace the city and the fans and play up to that contract. he just needs to do a few things before i can respect the guy.

I get that man, If he sticks around I hope so too. Hes got a good thing going there in NO as well.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Cheers man. Would be stoked if we get Mayo if we cant get EJ. Either way its been a pretty decent off season for both teams bud.

Thanks man you too :cheers::hi5:

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 10:35 AM
It'd be a shame if he didn't sign, but eh the Hornets aren't anything too special anyways. He might be the only sure thing going for the Hornets as Rivers or Davis could bust for them.

LOL :facepalm:

How is Gordon more of a sure thing than Davis while only playing 9 games last season

nolafan33
07-14-2012, 11:07 AM

Rivers is a point.

BaddNewz
07-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Or they took what they thought was the BPA

Very true but you could trade down or trade out as well. Rivers isn't a must have prospect so trading down or trading out isn't so bad.

I dont buy that at all since Gordon was at the PreDraft workouts, he was talking to Monty and Dell, and since we draft Rivers we did say they will be starting together

Ok Rivers is a Gordon clone. Even he said it. Plus you're looking at less shots for Gordon because rivers is a shoot first player not a facilitator. That could cause problems.

Rivers was drafted to be a PG, he's getting most of his reps as PG, Demps and Monty said Eric would be the cornerstone of the franchise and would match any offer. now if he feels slighted by that then he has issues

Would you feel like a cornerstone while Davis is coming to town? He is the most coveted prospect probably since Lebron. And they drafted a Gordon clone.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Very true but you could trade down or trade out as well. Rivers isn't a must have prospect so trading down or trading out isn't so bad.

Ok Rivers is a Gordon clone. Even he said it. Plus you're looking at less shots for Gordon because rivers is a shoot first player not a facilitator. That could cause problems.

Would you feel like a cornerstone while Davis is coming to town? He is the most coveted prospect probably since Lebron. And they drafted a Gordon clone.

LOL Rivers isnt nearly a clone of Gordon, I see him more as a watered down Westbrook, but its called coaching... he HAD to be the scorer in Duke... but Monty already had him working on his PG skills from day one

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo NO to soon release statement saying they've matched Eric Gordon's Suns offer sheet. Gordon states commitment to Hornets and fan appreciation

let the healing begin lol

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Nice

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Nice

Gordon states commitment to Hornets and fan appreciation

is it bad that i literally lol'd at this.

im glad its finally over but its just hard to take it seriously. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and move on though

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 04:28 PM
That honestly sucked for me =/

BigCityofDreams
07-14-2012, 04:35 PM
its different with Nash, he's been there for years and has truely embraced the city and the fans. never got that with eric.

if i had a contract i wouldnt complain, and i get all that but why did he have to say that knowing full well he was going to be back.

from day 1 the fans have embraced Eric and it always just came across as he didnt give a damn. at least with Chris he's played and Earned that right to leave. Eric has earned nothing thus far.

i really get what your saying.... chances are in a few months things will be forgotten but its really hard to find anything good to say about him at the moment.

What did he do?

mikekhelxD
07-14-2012, 04:35 PM

He can not the sign an offer sheet? Anyway, that is why there are different types of free agents.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 04:36 PM
that honestly took alot outta me

Tmath
07-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Rivers is a point.

He's a combo guard

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 04:41 PM
no surprise here, hornets have potential to be really good in a few years.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 04:42 PM
He's a combo guard

Yeah so? He will be playing the point guard spot... as Monty Williams already stated, and also he is already working out as a PG

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 04:46 PM
expect mayo to get a big offer from the suns

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 04:49 PM
yea i figured they go after Mayo next. not a bad rebuilding core for them post nash. happy ending for both teams

mdm692
07-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Finally this **** is over time to sign Dragic, Beasley and Mayo.

JeffG20
07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
``There is always a business element to the NBA when dealing with contracts, but I never lost my appreciation for the New Orleans Hornets,'' Gordon said. ``I look forward to going on the court this season to make our team successful.''

good start.....

oufanatic14
07-14-2012, 08:26 PM
We have Davis, Anderson, Rivers, and Gordon to build on. Let's Go. :D