PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the NBA

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I boycotted the Dodgers when I saw the corruption and bs happening.

Im now boycotting the NBA.

The Lebron Decision fiasco

the Melo Fiasco

the CP3 trade block

the never ending Dwight indecision

the fixing of the draft lottery for 2 straight years,

the CBA Lockout

All the meanwhile Heat are assembling a ridiculously dominate team-----------

Im done. I wont watch the NBA until I see big changes and the corruption is exposed

There is a war going on in the NBA its between the (players + Lakers big market teams) vs rest of the owners.

It's disgusting and I wont watch it anymore. I wont watch a single game in 2013

NoahH
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Cool story bro.

I'm gonna boycott this thread starting now.

Cfrey
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
praise jesus

KnickNyKnick
07-10-2012, 05:07 PM
sorry bro you may be on your own. ill boycott after a molestation scandal comes out

TeamSeattle
07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Jesus wouldn't like this thread lol

SlimKid
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't boycotting the NBA mean boycotting the creation of a thread topic regarding the NBA?

Gritz
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Jesus wouldn't like this thread lol

Why?

Kerv_the_Knick
07-10-2012, 05:14 PM
That's a lot of commitment, but do you! Lol

MiamiBoy77
07-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Bye

Jroz
You're prob from some city with no NBA team..either that or you're a toolbox, please confirm.

PraiseJesus
The players are flexing their power over the league and the owners are flexing thier powers

---- It's sickening to watch this power struggle between jaded billionaires and petchelant multimillionaires go on and on.

Im done. I can't take anymore of this drama.

Fly
I'm sure the ratings will just dive down with 1 less person watching the games :rolleyes:

ichitownclowni
Power to ya

jrm2054
07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
haqve fun im sure the NBA doesn't care if one guy is mad and wont watch

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:21 PM
more and more people will see the corrpution and war going on and be disgusted by it

This boycott will grow and grow just like the Dodgers boycott did

This corruption goes beyond 1 team and includes the entire league

49GiantWarriors
07-10-2012, 05:24 PM
You do that

t_money25
07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Good luck finding support

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
The players think they have ultimate power

The owners think they have ultimate power

-Guess what the FANS have ultimate power and they will realize it in a big way this year I promise

ironman9518
07-10-2012, 05:30 PM
lol k

Gritz
07-10-2012, 05:33 PM
The players think they have ultimate power

The owners think they have ultimate power

-Guess what the FANS have ultimate power and they will realize it in a big way this year I promise

You realize if this isn't true you're a false prophet right?

Houston_Heat
07-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Lmao, is this guy just boycotting business in general? Is it the NBA's fault that LA is a bigger market than say Milwaukee? This kid sounds like an activist hippy, and two of his decisions to not watch are the Lecision and dwights indecision.. Still lmao, this kid should be banned.

8kobe24
07-10-2012, 05:35 PM
In

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:39 PM
The players want the freedom to play where they want

The small market teams want ultimate control to keep them in the same place where they are drafted

The war has escalated to epic proportions and it's going to result in fans losing interest and everyone in the NBA - both players and owners - losing money

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Boycott the NBA because of the flopping first and foremost.

Corey
07-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Good luck with your boycotting goals in 2012-2013.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:44 PM
you forgot:

lakers 2002 rigged series fiasco
lakers shooting more free throws in the 4th than the whole Celtics team did all game in the nba finals fiasco
the pau gasol trade fiasco

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Stern: ummm ok...

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:46 PM
MLB has survived and thrived for over 100 years because they have allowed big market teams to spend more money if they and allowed players the freedom to chase that money if they so please

The NBA should operate the same way.

There is a reason that small market teams are in small markets ---- because not as many people want to live or work in those places.

bucketss
The players want the freedom to play where they want

The small market teams want ultimate control to keep them in the same place where they are drafted

The war has escalated to epic proportions and it's going to result in fans losing interest and everyone in the NBA - both players and owners - losing money

its funny because this all started because miami(btw is a small market) was signing so many good players. so in a way your on the small market teams side but you wan't the lakers to be exempt of their wrath

JoeyBoy718
I'm satisfied when there are about 5 teams who actually have a chance of winning. This year is no different. Heat, OKC, Nets (if they get Dwight), Lakers (now with Nash), and a wildcard (see Dallas 2 years ago). You haven't been watching the NBA for long if you think each team has an equal shot of winning each year. I'm excited for this season.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:47 PM
you forgot:

lakers 2002 rigged series fiasco
lakers shooting more free throws in the 4th than the whole Celtics team did all game in the nba finals fiasco
the pau gasol trade fiasco

That was the Mafia buying refs to make money in vegas - not the Lakers franchise

That whole fiasco was also an embarassment to the NBA and I still feel there is corruption with the refs

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2012, 05:47 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=674776

Hmmmmm....

Maybe you actually do it this time. Not! Shut up and stop whining. Everyone knows no one is gonna boycott the NBA.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
its funny because this all started because miami(btw is a small market) was signing so many good players. so in a way your on the small market teams side but you wan't the lakers to be exempt of their wrath

Get your facts straight

I have no issues with players taking less money to play where they want.

I have issues with a clear and obvious vendetta against big market teams spending money or trading for good young players but allowing the HEat to assemble the biggest superteam in history under the radar

Gritz
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
That was the Mafia buying refs to make money in vegas - not the Lakers franchise

That whole fiasco was also an embarassment to the NBA and I still feel there is corruption with the refs

Now I know this is a troll thread :clap: keep up the good work

ManRam
07-10-2012, 05:52 PM
These threads popped up last year during and after the lockout.

These threads popped up after the Big 3 formed.

I'm sure they've popped up a million other teams.

And I doubt anyone who said they're boycotting it actually boycotted it.

ManRam
07-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh, wait. This thread looks familiar ;)

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=674776&highlight=boycott

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. My bad...should maybe read threads before I post ;)

Gritz
07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
oh, wait. This thread looks familiar ;)

edit: Beaten to the punch. My bad...should maybe read threads before i post ;)

lmbo

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:55 PM
The fans have ultimate power

The unrest and frustration with NBA fans is growing every month

The boycott is coming

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Get your facts straight

I have no issues with players taking less money to play where they want.

I have issues with a clear and obvious vendetta against big market teams spending money or trading for good young players but allowing the HEat to assemble the biggest superteam in history under the radar

There is no vendetta against big markets if the lakers had cap space there is no way the nba can do anything to stop it. Even trades unless the franchise is owned by the league. Also miami is a small market it came straight from micky arisons mouth

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:57 PM

The boycott is coming

You're just fooling yourself, the nba is run on casual fans and most of them don't give a **** if you stop watching literally no one would care.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:58 PM
There is no vendetta against big markets if the lakers had cap space there is no way the nba can do anything to stop it. Even trades unless the franchise is owned by the league. Also miami is a small market it came straight from micky arisons mouth

Don't you understand why the cap space and debilitating luxury taxes and prohibitive rules regarding spending money are there in the first place........

To stop the LAKERS and KNICKS from assembling the best teams

That is - in it's self - a vendetta.

Are you for real right now???

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:59 PM

:laugh: omg can't believe i was arguing with this guy haha

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
You're just fooling yourself, the nba is run on casual fans and most of them don't give a **** if you stop watching literally no one would care.

Thats what everyone said about the Dodger fans ----

Fast forward 3 years and fans stop going to the games EN MASSE

Then MLB stepped in and TOOK the team from the owner

The Fans are ones with the power - regular or casual

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 06:01 PM
The players are flexing their power over the league and the owners are flexing thier powers

---- It's sickening to watch this power struggle between jaded billionaires and petchelant multimillionaires go on and on.

good, the NBA wont miss one "fan".

KnickNyKnick
07-10-2012, 06:01 PM
well i already boycott the nba. except when the Knicks play (=

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 06:02 PM
i love how when people boycott they keep *****ing over and over about it instead of actually boycotting and doing something else with their time.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Thats what everyone said about the Dodger fans ----

Fast forward 3 years and fans stop going to the games EN MASSE

Then MLB stepped in and TOOK the team from the owner

The Fans are ones with the power - regular or casual

thats one team, you're talking about a multi billion dollar business going down:facepalm:

Avenged
07-10-2012, 06:03 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=674776

Hmmmmm....

Maybe you actually do it this time. Not! Shut up and stop whining. Everyone knows no one is gonna boycott the NBA.

^^ haha

Young2Kinsler
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM

The boycott is coming

Are you Stephen A Smith?

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
well i already boycott the nba. except when the Knicks play (=

so you didn't boycott the nba

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM
thats one team, you're talking about a multi billion dollar business going down:facepalm:

When they realize that their feud and power struggle will result in them ALL losing money then things will change big time

Klivlend
07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
ok

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
When they realize that their feud and power struggle will result in them ALL losing money then things will change big time

as long as there are players like lebron,kobe,durant,wade,rose,dwight all that doesn't matter this is a player driven league.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:12 PM
as long as there are players like lebron,kobe,durant,wade,rose,dwight all that doesn't matter this is a player driven league.

Its a fan driven league

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Its a fan driven league

and the fans care about the players most casual fans are bandwaggon fans

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 06:17 PM
cry me a river ....op

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
and the fans care about the players most casual fans are bandwaggon fans

The owners are flexing their power

The Player are flexing theirs

soon ---- the Fans will flex ours

Brettdcny22
Agreed, The NBA Is corrupt. Everyone is trying to make there own dream team. Its pretty bad when referees are hi-fiving coaches in the NBA Finals. Larry Bird Didn't need Magic Johnson and Charles Barkley to win championships. I also quit watching!!! Its pretty bad when 250lb pound man barely gets touched and goes flying.

ackar
OP aka PJ see my sig! LOL!

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:21 PM

isn't it funny you're the only one agreeing with yourself not even one person here agrees, btw werent you suppose to boycott back in december?

NY007
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Not for nothing but this guy is right

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
isn't it funny you're the only one agreeing with yourself not even one person here agrees, btw werent you suppose to boycott back in december?

I usually attend 5 to 6 games every year - I attended 0 last year

Now I will attend 0 and not watch a single game

Glen20
07-10-2012, 06:28 PM
cool story bro

Glen20
07-10-2012, 06:29 PM

:laugh:
made me crack up so much

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
I usually attend 5 to 6 games every year - I attended 0 last year

Now I will attend 0 and not watch a single game

but you didn't boycott anything, i have never went to a basketball game EVER,reasons ranging from being broke and cheap, btw you won't truly boycott untill you stop watching it period.

ManRam
07-10-2012, 06:32 PM
He didn't boycott it the last time he made this thread, and I doubt he will again.

Do a lot of things SUCK about the NBA as a business right now? HELL YES. Is it still entertaining? HELL YES. I mean, I'm as frustrated with things as perhaps most can get, but I still love the game and the storylines even outside Orlando way too much.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
He didn't boycott it the last time he made this thread, and I doubt he will again.

Do a lot of things SUCK about the NBA as a business right now? HELL YES. Is it still entertaining? HELL YES. I mean, I'm as frustrated with things as perhaps most can get, but I still love the game and the storylines even outside Orlando way too much.

I did boycott - I stopped attending games and buying Merch

Ive now stepped it up and wont watch any game on TV

What is the point when the the Finals is going to be Heat OKC again and Heat will dominate???

Honestly there is no point

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
:laugh:
made me crack up so much

U need to slow your roll bro.

ShockerArt
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
You'll be missed

Huntey
07-10-2012, 06:41 PM
The NBA will miss your contributions :(

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
I did boycott - I stopped attending games and buying Merch

Ive now stepped it up and wont watch any game on TV

What is the point when the the Finals is going to be Heat OKC again and Heat will dominate???

Honestly there is no point

lololololololol just like all those laker teams huh?

smith&wesson
07-10-2012, 06:48 PM

when there is a business that owners who have billions and employees who have millions there is going to be drama, there is going to be a power struggle.

i feel like there are more contenders. instead of just the lakers, celtics, & spurs... teams like the thunder, bulls, heat, knicks, nets will most likely be contenders as well.

Teeboy1487
07-10-2012, 06:51 PM
mother****in Cool mother****in story bro.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:52 PM
when there is a business that owners who have billions and employees who have millions there is going to be drama, there is going to be a power struggle.

i feel like there are more contenders. instead of just the lakers, celtics, & spurs... teams like the thunder, bulls, heat, knicks, nets will most likely be contenders as well.

Look at the MLB

Allow the big market teams to spend money

Allow the best players to chase that money

Stop trying to make the Pacers into the Lakers its never going to happen

Glen20
07-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Look at the MLB

Allow the big market teams to spend money

Allow the best players to chase that money

Stop trying to make the Pacers into the Lakers its never going to happen

so you will just boycott the NBA until the lakers are back on top again huh?
go wherever the wagon takes you :)

NJ#1FAN
07-10-2012, 07:00 PM
more and more people will see the corrpution and war going on and be disgusted by it

This is funny because I never even knew there was a Dodgers boycott. :eyebrow:

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
This is funny because I never even knew there was a Dodgers boycott. :eyebrow:

I would guess thats becasue you are NJ#1 name??

Everyone in LA knew it. The stadium was a ghost town

bucketss
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
i should make a meme out of you

boycotts nba
*insert picture*
complains about how good miami is months later

juggla53
07-10-2012, 07:08 PM

so ill take it you wont watch movies or really any TV in general anymore because hollywood is essentially the same way...

juggla53
07-10-2012, 07:11 PM

corruption and war? what corruption? are NBA owners running ponzi schemes these days? are fans being tricked into buying tickets?

Mudvayne91
07-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Although some criticism is probably warranted in regards to the OP, but let's be honest here, it's not like he's %100 wrong. The NBA has become pretty ridiculous over the last decade. If there was a poll for the 4 major sports on credibility, I'd have to imagine the NBA would finish dead last. But it is what it is. I'm still going to watch. It's better than watching the Big Bang Theory, Two and Half Men or some other garbage on TV.

davids22
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
This guy is hilarious. He's basically whining because he thinks the biggest markets should have the best players and the best teams. The NBA doesn't want to be the MLB buddy. They want to be more like the NFL because it's a better business structure when there is competitive balance. Every.Single.Person who signed with the Heat did it as a FREE AGENT where they have the right to do so.

You're complaining that Stern won't help the big markets because he blocked the CP3 trade? Cp3 plays in LOS ANGELES, the 2nd biggest market in the US.

The Knicks are bad because no one wants to play there. It's a historically poorly ran franchise. Everyone wants to play for the Lakers. Just wait until Kobe's contract is off the books and you guys actually have cap space to work with. The free agents will come running to the bright lights of LA. You got Steve Nash for ****s sake.

WAHHH WAHH NO ONE WANTS THE PACERS/BUCKS/TIMBERWOLVES/MAGIC TO BE GOOD CUZ DATS BORING FOR ME CUZ I LIVE IN DA BEST CITY LA.

Honestly, I bet you wouldn't be crying if you had CP3, Kobe, and Dwight on your team. You'd be on here telling everyone to f off because "Lolz LA is da best"

NBAFan2012
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
So let me get this straight. You are mad the Lakers are not getting Dwight... but like I told my Lakers fan friend. Wouldnt you rather Dwight go to the Nets to atleast give the Heat a challenge out in the East and potentially give us an exciting series? As opposed to having to HOPE the Lakers make the Finals to dethrone the Heat?

elizur
07-10-2012, 07:41 PM
This is one of the best times ever as far as I am concerned. Sure, it is only like 6 teams that are any good ,but they are really good.

smith&wesson
07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
With a healhty rose the bulls are contenders
the heat are contenders
with kidd and camby the knicks are contenders
the lakers are contenders
the cetlics can still be contenders
the thunder are contenders
the spurs can still be contenders
the clippers ... yes the clippers can be contenders

I honestly dont remember a time when we had soo many teams that could make a run and have a legit chance of coming away with the ship.

i dont remember a time when i was more in to basketball and more excited for the season to begin

Showtime Steve
07-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I get where youre coming from, but me personally i love basketball too much.

trini_knickfan
07-10-2012, 07:53 PM
alright see ya, have fun boycotting!

trueraidersfan
07-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I couldnt agree more with you and what makes me even more mad is that there are alot of people who dont agree with you. Ill be honest since I was 11 years old (i am 27 now) NBA has pretty much been the biggest thing in my life besides family. I watched absolutely every laker game on TV and all the regular season game i could and every minute of every playoff game i could I was a HUGE nba fan. Now since LeBron said the words "im going to take my talents to SOUF beach" my love for the NBA plummeted. I probab;y have only glanced at like a half dozen regular season games, hardly ever watch an entire regualr season game, and alot of the playoffs The only reason I continued to watch was to route against the Heat because that team ruined the NBA. Now its just turned to much into big markets just taking all the young talent and the good veterans who take an enormous paycut and anywhere from 22-26 teams dont have a chance anymore. I admit I was always a one team fan but at the same time I wanted it to be fair and its farrrrrr from that now. I dont see how any Miami heat player, staff, or fan can feel that winning the championship was an accomplishment any team in the league could of won with those 3 mega young stars. How do you feel good about that, thats like playing a card game of war and taking out most of the face cards and putting them in your pile and then when you win you jump up and down and celebrate saying "yay i won I am the best!" well no duh you have most of all the valuable cards of course you won how can you feel proud about that, isnt playing fair and winning a championship more of an accomplishment? not anymore i guess. I have always said "The value of the champioship is only figured by how much hard work you put into it" so if you just buy a bunch of talent then the value of a championship goes way down to none at all! Im so with you on this man I will not watch another NBA game and its sad because i was always a big fan of the NBA. What kept me watching was to route against miami winning it all and now that they have I dont care at all anymore. NBA can go to hell! sports should be about building a team not buying a team and now all big markets have to stock pile to compete against the heat and it leaves like 4/5 of the league with no shot at all. Any rich guy can buy all the talent but it takes a true sports team to build a team and the NBA is far from that and its integrity is shattered and now that miami won , and against a true NBA team in OKC who built there team, that means evil beat good and i have no respect for it anymore, my boycott will probably go past 2013 im sure but 2013 is a guarantee, the NBA doesnt deserve good fans like i was. im all NFL now! GO RAIDERS!

Losoway
07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
this thread is dumb ...THE NBA very low in views and sells PRE the whole lebron going to heat thing ...

i love the nba now you have the set teams you know are gonna beast and you have the clear cut underdogs

bucketss
07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I couldnt agree more with you and what makes me even more mad is that there are alot of people who dont agree with you. Ill be honest since I was 11 years old (i am 27 now) NBA has pretty much been the biggest thing in my life besides family. I watched absolutely every laker game on TV and all the regular season game i could and every minute of every playoff game i could I was a HUGE nba fan. Now since LeBron said the words "im going to take my talents to SOUF beach" my love for the NBA plummeted. I probab;y have only glanced at like a half dozen regular season games, hardly ever watch an entire regualr season game, and alot of the playoffs The only reason I continued to watch was to route against the Heat because that team ruined the NBA. Now its just turned to much into big markets just taking all the young talent and the good veterans who take an enormous paycut and anywhere from 22-26 teams dont have a chance anymore. I admit I was always a one team fan but at the same time I wanted it to be fair and its farrrrrr from that now. I dont see how any Miami heat player, staff, or fan can feel that winning the championship was an accomplishment any team in the league could of won with those 3 mega young stars. How do you feel good about that, thats like playing a card game of war and taking out most of the face cards and putting them in your pile and then when you win you jump up and down and celebrate saying "yay i won I am the best!" well no duh you have most of all the valuable cards of course you won how can you feel proud about that, isnt playing fair and winning a championship more of an accomplishment? not anymore i guess. I have always said "The value of the champioship is only figured by how much hard work you put into it" so if you just buy a bunch of talent then the value of a championship goes way down to none at all! Im so with you on this man I will not watch another NBA game and its sad because i was always a big fan of the NBA. What kept me watching was to route against miami winning it all and now that they have I dont care at all anymore. NBA can go to hell! sports should be about building a team not buying a team and now all big markets have to stock pile to compete against the heat and it leaves like 4/5 of the league with no shot at all. Any rich guy can buy all the talent but it takes a true sports team to build a team and the NBA is far from that and its integrity is shattered and now that miami won , and against a true NBA team in OKC who built there team, that means evil beat good and i have no respect for it anymore, my boycott will probably go past 2013 im sure but 2013 is a guarantee, the NBA doesnt deserve good fans like i was. im all NFL now! GO RAIDERS!

funny thing is, you think people care who the hell cares go ahead boycott COTT DAMMIT

bucketss
07-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you miami heat for ridding us of fans like these.

jam
07-10-2012, 10:57 PM
The quality of the game is poor and the level of integrity basically non-existent.

The question is, where is reform going to come from? Right now, the only power brokers the league office listens to directly is the owners. The owners pay the commissioner's salary, and they have the most leverage in re-arranging league affairs.

It's a tricky situation to be sure, but the first step in addressing the corruption is to acknowledge it, and many of us on this forum have indeed taken that critical step.

GoPacers33
07-10-2012, 11:03 PM
U mad bro

TylerSL
07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
you're probably some 12 year old Laker fan that first started watching NBA when the Lakers beat Orlando..........

THE MTL
07-10-2012, 11:10 PM
So you boycotting the NBA because Rashard Lewis joined the Heat?

NYtilIdie
07-10-2012, 11:28 PM
You have fun with that!

thekmp211
07-10-2012, 11:35 PM
The thunder laugh at this thread, as do I

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I think someone forgot that this sport is meant for entertainment purposes. Granted, it's not on the scale of the WWF, but it's getting there. :)

BHF
07-10-2012, 11:47 PM
i watch True Blood i know its fake but i still watch it

thekmp211
07-10-2012, 11:49 PM
I think someone forgot that this sport is meant for entertainment purposes. Granted, it's not on the scale of the WWF, but it's getting there. :)

Right..Lebron is just like hulk hogan but meaner. What a meanie.

Unless they have magnets in the balls and on the rims, which they don't, y'all need to relax. The heat aren't the NWO.

3ballbomber
07-10-2012, 11:59 PM
If you want to protest against the NBA don't buy NBA merch. pay for nba.tv subscriptions etc. simple as that. Don't add to their revenues. spread the word, state your stance and fight the good fight.

bucketss
07-11-2012, 12:23 AM
If you want to protest against the NBA don't buy NBA merch. pay for nba.tv subscriptions etc. simple as that. Don't add to their revenues. spread the word, state your stance and fight the good fight.

:facepalm:

piratepete
07-11-2012, 01:09 AM
your laker fan didnt you get nash and some one else aim going to boycat because of that lmao . wow when the celtics got kevin .pierce . alan . no one cared you just got to get better stop cry your team has
paul
kobe
bynum
nash
Jamison

**** that sound like a good team to me if your where a cavs fan you would be in front of david stern house with a aka .

alleyooptocoop
07-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I feel you on this. But it's hard to give up on the NBA.

mRc08
07-11-2012, 01:18 AM
I won't boycott the nba, but its becoming more and more annoying ever since the summer of lebron. It seems that every superstar is grasping for attention by trying to dictate their own future. In comparison to any other major team sport, the nba is truly run by the "inmates" for lack of better term. NBA stars have their franchises by the balls, and its become 50% soap opera, 50% competitive sport. I will still watch....

1. because my love of basketball as a sport.

2. because like reality t.v., a train wreck, etc., I can't look away.

Fireworld
07-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Soooo, does that mean you won't be on the forums anymore? K.

piratepete
07-11-2012, 01:31 AM
With a healhty rose the bulls are contenders
the heat are contenders
with kidd and camby the knicks are contenders
the lakers are contenders
the cetlics can still be contenders
the thunder are contenders
the spurs can still be contenders
the clippers ... yes the clippers can be contenders

I honestly dont remember a time when we had soo many teams that could make a run and have a legit chance of coming away with the ship.

i dont remember a time when i was more in to basketball and more excited for the season to begin
:clap:

JJ_JKidd
07-11-2012, 01:36 AM
IBL- in before lock

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 02:44 AM

This

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 02:46 AM
This guy is hilarious. He's basically whining because he thinks the biggest markets should have the best players and the best teams. The NBA doesn't want to be the MLB buddy. They want to be more like the NFL because it's a better business structure when there is competitive balance. Every.Single.Person who signed with the Heat did it as a FREE AGENT where they have the right to do so.

You're complaining that Stern won't help the big markets because he blocked the CP3 trade? Cp3 plays in LOS ANGELES, the 2nd biggest market in the US.

The Knicks are bad because no one wants to play there. It's a historically poorly ran franchise. Everyone wants to play for the Lakers. Just wait until Kobe's contract is off the books and you guys actually have cap space to work with. The free agents will come running to the bright lights of LA. You got Steve Nash for ****s sake.

WAHHH WAHH NO ONE WANTS THE PACERS/BUCKS/TIMBERWOLVES/MAGIC TO BE GOOD CUZ DATS BORING FOR ME CUZ I LIVE IN DA BEST CITY LA.

Honestly, I bet you wouldn't be crying if you had CP3, Kobe, and Dwight on your team. You'd be on here telling everyone to f off because "Lolz LA is da best"

Cool story bro, tell it again

Aust
07-11-2012, 02:50 AM
I haven't read a lick of this thread, but are you still boycotting the Dodgers even if we're under new management?

ACanadian
07-11-2012, 02:53 AM
NBA is a business to make money, if you dont like it then stop *****ing and dont watch it

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 02:53 AM
So you boycotting the NBA because Rashard Lewis joined the Heat?

No.

Im boycotting the NBA because its nothing but a peeing contest

In one corner is the players and big market owners

In the other corner is the rest of the NBA owners

Year after year its the same thing ---- a superstar whines and complains and chooses where he wants to get traded to and it's a non stop year+ long story.

Then vets sign for twinkies to join the front running teams

To fight this the small market NBA owners are doing everything they can to restrict how much money teams can spend and also prevent players from leaving

It's escalated to the point where the entire league is joining forces to fix the draft lottery 2 years in a row and also retracting agreed trades and working together to prevent the Lakers from getting any good young players. Meanwhile the Heat are becoming a juggernaut.

Im just sick of it.

Let the players play where they want to play and let big market teams spend more money if they have it.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 02:54 AM
NBA is a business to make money, if you dont like it then stop *****ing and dont watch it

Thats my point.

They are trying so hard to 'make more money' but they are going to end up losing money because fans are sick of this BS

ACanadian
07-11-2012, 02:57 AM
Thats my point.

They are trying so hard to 'make more money' but they are going to end up losing money because fans are sick of this BS

Prosportsdaily's community is not the entire NBA fan base, most fan's outside of here are plan idiots, the NBA will never lose money as long as they have those people. And also the NBA is one of the fastest growing sports in the world so dont expect the NBA to lose money, expect them to GAIN money

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 02:59 AM
Prosportsdaily's community is not the entire NBA fan base, most fan's outside of here are plan idiots, the NBA will never lose money as long as they have those people. And also the NBA is one of the fastest growing sports in the world so dont expect the NBA to lose money, expect them to GAIN money

The players don't run the NBA

The owners don't run the NBA

The FANS run the NBA

They will all find it out the hard way - I promise

ACanadian
07-11-2012, 03:03 AM
The players don't run the NBA

The owners don't run the NBA

The FANS run the NBA

They will all find it out the hard way - I promise

I agree with you their, secrets can't be held forever

Heater4life
07-11-2012, 03:13 AM
Basketball > Conspiracy theories

Heater4life
07-11-2012, 03:15 AM
You are aware Miami is a small market?

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Im happy Jim Rome told Stern NBA is fixed

Jim Rome is cool

Evolution23
07-11-2012, 03:20 AM
boycot jesus

jam
07-11-2012, 03:21 AM
NBA Basketball = Conspiracy

Fixed.

jam
07-11-2012, 03:23 AM
You are aware Miami is a small market?

So is OKC, but they have the two best players on the planet, and they'll both receive a push from the NBA in due time. As in now for the heat, and later, for the Thunder.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 03:25 AM
That was funny when Jim Rome said to Stern NBA is fixed

Jim Rome agrees with me

Martin's better
07-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Reading this thread gave me a headache

Heater4life
07-11-2012, 03:28 AM
So is OKC, but they have the two best players on the planet, and they'll both receive a push from the NBA in due time. As in now for the heat, and later, for the Thunder.

So if this is the case then why bother watching the NBA when Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls and Magic Johnson of the Los Angeles Lakers were competing for championships?

They were the two best players of their era and both in big markets, so what has changed?

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 03:29 AM

the Melo Fiasco

the CP3 trade block

the CBA Lockout

Im done. I wont watch the NBA until I see big changes and the corruption is exposed

There is a war going on in the NBA its between the (players + Lakers big market teams) vs rest of the owners.

I understand you completely.

The new CBA was supposed:

-To help smaller markets but all it has done is reinforce their power and prove that it's time for some teams to be cut completely from the league.
-To take away the power of superstars. hasn't happened.

I am not boycotting but I think it's high time Stern leaves

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 03:32 AM
Some small market teams deserve to stay. But some need to go.

jam
07-11-2012, 03:50 AM
So if this is the case then why bother watching the NBA when Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls and Magic Johnson of the Los Angeles Lakers were competing for championships?

They were the two best players of their era and both in big markets, so what has changed?

Coherence is your friend. Calm down, take a deep breath, and try again in 12-24 hours. Or until you're calm.

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 03:54 AM

Players are more demanding and whinny and are earning way too much.

I understand it's a business but there is no medium salaries....is it fair that LBJ and Hibbert get paid the same amount?

The NBA needs a lot of changes, starting with the salary scale.

masTOR_shake1
07-11-2012, 03:56 AM
100% agree, totally with you bro. As if this thread was started by a lakers fan too, imagine how the rest of us "have-not" fans feel if you are this dejected. the raps have been spinning their wheels since they've existed and have only ever won a single playoff round. the nba is a bad joke.

3ballbomber
07-11-2012, 03:58 AM

This, all day!

You're 27 well i'm 35 and basketball has been a significant part of my life also. I find it highly frustrating and irritating that the sport has come to this. I was actually a Miami Heat fan since Hardaway but had no choice but to get off once Lebron joined.

I felt the same way about the formation of Lebron & Wade - 2 players who are more than capable of leading their own team. I thought the teaming was highly desperate & uncompetitive. I can't for the life of me get how people would be impressed with the win.

There is absolutely nothing Heat/Lebron fans can say to wash the stain Lebron and Miami have smeared in the minds of many. This is just the sad truth and reality for the history of this team. This will be debated for many years to come.

basketfan4life
07-11-2012, 04:03 AM
I'm eith you buddy. I won't watch a single game in 2013, too..I'm going to do my military job that year anyways :)

PhillyFaninLA
07-11-2012, 04:16 AM

The Lebron Decision fiasco - NBA not responsible for ESPN Show or specials not the NBA's fault

the Melo Fiasco - He did nothing wrong except be honest about wanting to go to another team

the CP3 trade block - He should have been a Laker, no reason for that first deal to have not been approved and its not right for a league to run a team, it should have been a hired firm, I'll give you this one

the never ending Dwight indecision - Players have free will and all Dwight did is say I want to play with Deron in Brooklyn and he wants to be traded, this is Orlando's fault for it being dragged out

the fixing of the draft lottery for 2 straight years - I genuinely feel sorry for you if you actually believe this

the CBA Lockout - A contract expired and needed to be renegotiated, its business and once the other expired a new one was mandatory for a league to exist

All the meanwhile Heat are assembling a ridiculously dominate team----------- - You just sound bitter and like you are just crying that your team didn't win

Im done. I wont watch the NBA until I see big changes and the corruption is exposed - If this was close to true why are you in a message board for it, either boycott or not, don't come to a message board (that is not boycotting that is supporting) for the NBA

There is a war going on in the NBA its between the (players + Lakers big market teams) vs rest of the owners. - You sound bitter and are recycling a stale arguement

It's disgusting and I wont watch it anymore. I wont watch a single game in 2013 - Yes you will, you are only posting this to vent frustration, becasue as stated early if you where boycotting you would not be in a NBA message board)

My thoughts in bold above.

PhillyFaninLA
07-11-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm eith you buddy. I won't watch a single game in 2013, too..I'm going to do my military job that year anyways :)

Good luck, God speed, hope you come back safe, and I appreciate your military service.

jam
07-11-2012, 04:40 AM
If we really want to get down to the nitty-gritty, the military and the government are bad scams as well. The rank and file soldiers and government workers are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, but the "commissioners" and "front offices" are telling them bald faced lies about the true purpose and agenda of military and government. Here's a hint: it's NOT to promote freedom and democracy.

The NBA is just a reflection of a larger reality. They are spinning a fairy tale to the general public, while behind the curtain, corruption and evil fester.

The corruption in the NBA is small potatoes in comparison.

MagicHero3
07-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Cool story bro.

troll

MagicHero3
07-11-2012, 09:54 AM
see this http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=739522
and tell me that doesnt help the OP's case. you cant be so naive people. im not saying to boycott it, but you should know when your being played for a fool.

ryang
07-11-2012, 12:36 PM
some people just have nothing better to do.. I for one will continue to watch..

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
and tell me that doesnt help the OP's case. you cant be so naive people. im not saying to boycott it, but you should know when your being played for a fool.

These are the dark days of the NBA

Fnom11
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Lol.

FourOhThree
07-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I enjoy the NBA way too much to ever consider doing that.

bucketss
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

i knew the nba was suspect since the 2002 wcf lakers vs kings. But i just don't give a ****

Huntey
07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm glad you're one of the few people big enough to Boycott the NBA!

It means next time I want to go see the Lakers there'll be one extra ticket :D

Huntey
07-11-2012, 04:11 PM
If we really want to get down to the nitty-gritty, the military and the government are bad scams as well. The rank and file soldiers and government workers are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, but the "commissioners" and "front offices" are telling them bald faced lies about the true purpose and agenda of military and government. Here's a hint: it's NOT to promote freedom and democracy.

The NBA is just a reflection of a larger reality. They are spinning a fairy tale to the general public, while behind the curtain, corruption and evil fester.

The corruption in the NBA is small potatoes in comparison.

Should we start wearing tin-foil helmets?

TheIlladelph16
07-11-2012, 04:15 PM

The Lebron Decision fiasco Poor idea on his part, but in what way does the NBA control ESPN and the programming they air

the Melo Fiasco He told the team he wanted to play for a different team and that he wouldn't resign. At least he told them before he walked as a free agent. That "fiasco" resulted in the Nuggets having a better team and a very talented, young core to build around

the CP3 trade block Sucks for Lakers fans, but unfortunately Stern was in the unique position to do so. They should have found an owner sooner who could have approved/rejected the deal on their own, but as it stood Stern and the other owners were technically the owners of the Hornets as well. It was well within their right to reject a trade when there was one on the table that was an overall more valuable package and made them younger

the never ending Dwight indecision That's on Orlando. He has handled it like a little ***** but Orlando had every opportunity to trade him in the last year.

the fixing of the draft lottery for 2 straight years This statement is just plain sad

the CBA Lockout They are not allowed to play without a CBA after one expires. Every party involved in those negotiations was fighting for what would benefit themselves and their teams the most and sometimes that results in the two sides not being able to agree right away....Therefore a lockout. Not sure what your issue with that one is.

All the meanwhile Heat are assembling a ridiculously dominate team Where everybody signed as free agents.... As a Lakers fan you are seriously going to sit here and ***** about another team creating dominant force? I mean the Heat did it through free agency while the Lakers have done it via FA and trade raping smaller market teams-----------

Im done. I wont watch the NBA until I see big changes and the corruption is exposed Cool. Stop posting on NBA message boards then if its so bad. Your only supporting this horrid corruption by continuing to even discuss the NBA product

There is a war going on in the NBA its between the (players + Lakers big market teams) vs rest of the owners. Cliche one liner.... nice

It's disgusting and I wont watch it anymore. I wont watch a single game in 2013 I'd be willing to bet a lot of money I don't have that you certainly will watch at least one NBA game

smh man

Toastyy
07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Please gtfo

King41
07-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not happy of the nba some days but i need to watch this fkcking sport

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Breaking NEWS!!!

Dwight still hasnt been traded - stay tuned for daily updates for the next year....

Please make it stop.

thekmp211
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Breaking NEWS!!!

Dwight still hasnt been traded - stay tuned for daily updates for the next year....

Please make it stop.

yeah so because dwight is a tool and the magic are inept, that obviously builds your case.

this is actually the dumbest thread i've ever seen on PSD. so, congrats.

thekmp211
07-11-2012, 07:35 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/12/8/1191100/tim-donaghys-book-lies-probe-at-a-truth-nba-referee-conspiracy#

how about you think for yourself instead of taking -this- guys word for what happens.

raiderposting
07-11-2012, 07:55 PM
i highly doubt the nba gives a **** about you or even thousands of fans boycotting them, they still getting THAT MONEY.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 08:17 PM
i highly doubt the nba gives a **** about you or even thousands of fans boycotting them, they still getting THAT MONEY.

U r wrong about that.

Power is in the people.

Without fans in the stands - buying merch - watching tv- listening to sports radio

---There is NO NBA

so who has the power here???

We do

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Furthermore - The NBA and all their contracts and debt is reliant on the NBA GROWING every year

So if even a small percentage of fans boycotted the league they would feel it pretty hard.

themadstork
07-11-2012, 08:27 PM
I got so sick of Mutt and Jeff Wilpon, I couldn't bring myself to care about the Mets anymore. As such, I haven't watched a game this year.

You know what? The Wilpons don't care, and have not felt my individual boycott in the least.

Sadly, despite the fact I very much understand your situation, your boycott will not have any effect either.

But I salute you, takes balls to make a stand. Most people are sheep...its nice to hear someone refusing to baaaaa.

-Stork

thekmp211
07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I got so sick of Mutt and Jeff Wilpon, I couldn't bring myself to care about the Mets anymore. As such, I haven't watched a game this year.

You know what? The Wilpons don't care, and have not felt my individual boycott in the least.

Sadly, despite the fact I very much understand your situation, your boycott will not have any effect either.

But I salute you, takes balls to make a stand. Most people are sheep...its nice to hear someone refusing to baaaaa.

-Stork

wtf? i told myself the same thing this year. but it isn't that they don't care. it's that they are cocky and got screwed in a ponzi scheme. such a completely utterly different scenario that i just am not sure why you even brought it up. also, the mets have been a pleasant surprise and a fun team to root for for the first time in maybe 5 years. so get over it. it's not RA dickeys fault that you don't like the owner.

sheep? you know you sound like someone who thinks they have it all figured out. guess what -- that's what sheep think, too.

honestly OP feel free to give some real evidence any time you want. not expecting it but i figured i'd ask.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 09:11 PM
You really want evidence from me??? You think I'm some detective? lmao

This is the court of public opinion and I rule GUILTY.

Read the writing on the wall - ALL of the NBA owners - Except NYC, Miami, Lakers, Maybe Chicago - are fed up with their precious superstars (Moneybanks) leaving their craphole teams and cities for winning franchises.

It has escalated into an all out war

Thats why you see the CP3, Melo, Dwight, Lebron DRAMA being drug out for YEARS

Thats why you saw a lockout

Thats why Dwight can't goto the team he wants - because the owners want to have full control over the guys they draft.

The war has become so vicious that trades are being retracted (CP3) and 2 draft lotteries in a row have been fixed

Do you really think its a coincidence that amid this war the Cavs lose Lebron and get the #1 pick - Then the LEAGUE OWNED Hornets trade CP3 to their preferred destination and then THEY get the #1 pick???

The latest on the Dwight drama is he can't goto the Nets now because they signed Lopez and their is a bunch of rules saying they cant trade him now ----- The owners essentially collaborated to neutralize Dwight, make a fool of him, and discourage players from doing it in the future.

They want players to do what Tim Duncan and Durant do

Get drafted by some crappy team and spend their entire career there.

I'm sick of this BS. The only ones truly suffering from this crap are us - the fans.

Thats why im boycotting and hoping others will follow. If it means some teams go bankrupt then good.

I can't take this drama year after year of superstars and teams fighting and dragging out trade demands and free agent talk

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Let players play where they want to play

Let teams spend money if they have it

And let's watch some good Basketball without this drama

bucketss
07-11-2012, 09:17 PM

Read the writing on the wall - ALL of the NBA owners - Except NYC, Miami, Lakers, Maybe Chicago - are fed up with their precious superstars (Moneybanks) leaving their craphole teams and cities for winning franchises.

Thats why Dwight can't goto the team he wants - because the owners want to have full control over the guys they draft.

The war has become so vicious that trades are being retracted (CP3) and 2 draft lotteries in a row have been fixed

Do you really think its a coincidence that amid this war the Cavs lose Lebron and get the #1 pick - Then the LEAGUE OWNED Hornets trade CP3 to their preferred destination and then THEY get the #1 pick???

The latest on the Dwight drama is he can't goto the Nets now because they signed Lopez and their is a bunch of rules saying they cant trade him now ----- The owners essentially collaborated to neutralize Dwight, make a fool of him, and discourage players from doing it in the future.

I'm sick of this BS. The only ones truly suffering from this crap are us - the fans.

Thats why im boycotting and hoping others will follow. If it means some teams go bankrupt then good.

I can't take this drama year after year of superstars and teams fighting and dragging out trade demands and free agent talk

what do you mean "us" teams of small market teams wouldn't be with you or else the lakers/knicks/bulls/dalls etc. would be good and the rest would be farm teams

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 09:27 PM
what do you mean "us" teams of small market teams wouldn't be with you or else the lakers/knicks/bulls/dalls etc. would be good and the rest would be farm teams

First of all - I dont understand what you are saying completely....

I will point to MLB and how successful it has been for over 100 years.

They don't try to exercise such control over teams and players. Their are limits etc - but they allow much more freedom for big market teams to spend money and players to chase that money

There are only so many roster spots on the Lakers and Knicks --- It's not like they can sign every superstar out there if there were no restrictions...

Furthermore - it allows teams to hang themselves with signing giant contracts guaranteed to players that can get hurt or just start sucking (Ex NYY 300$ Million payroll)

The only difference is that the fans would get what we want and that is a league based on competition and integrity. Not fighting between billionaires and millionaires.

Bottomline is i KNOW everyone is sick of hearing about Dwight.

Everyone was sick of hearing about Melo, CP3, and Deron

It's not going to end ---- Every year its going to be a new player stealing headlines the entire year and creating a circus.

Until the fans step up and put and end to this its going to keep up year after year with new players

C-Wick925
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM

Bout time some people are realizing about the Rigged Basketball Association.

Come be a football fan tho.. wayyyy better than bakitball

piratepete
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Breaking NEWS!!!

Please make it stop.

d12 goes to LA are you still boycatting

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 09:43 PM
d12 goes to LA are you still boycating

Yes.

I don't want him or his overrated talents.

I'll keep the younger Bynum who has a better offensive game and isn't an attention ore

bucketss
07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
d12 goes to LA are you still boycatting

of course he would, another spoiled laker fan, la has an all star on every position except sf. still not enough.

Sssmush
07-11-2012, 09:45 PM

the Melo Fiasco

the CP3 trade block

the CBA Lockout

Jesus Harold Christ on a ****ing rubber crutch, don't boycott the god**** NBA, man!! We need you!! We will miss you!!

plus you are addicted. Training camp will start, Nash to Kobe, Nash to Pau to Kobe, 20 game win streak, you will be back.

bucketss
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Bout time some people are realizing about the Rigged Basketball Association.

Come be a football fan tho.. wayyyy better than bakitball

Football heads getting ready with their recruiting atleast you're not as annoying as the puckheads they just can't take no for an answer. But than again they're probably a little more desperate.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Jesus Harold Christ on a ****ing rubber crutch, don't boycott the god**** NBA, man!! We need you!! We will miss you!!

plus you are addicted. Training camp will start, Nash to Kobe, Nash to Pau to Kobe, 20 game win streak, you will be back.

IT should be Kobe and CP3 not Nash

Besides - The Heat are so much better it's pointless to tease myself all season long just to see them get whopped in the finals.

I still doubt they can get past OKC even.

The heat are so much better its not even close

jam
07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I recall back in 2002 (and onwards) that sacramento fans were holding up signs reading

NBA = WWF.

At the time, I thought it was overstated, but no longer. It's quite sobering that fans in a "cow town" like sacramento knew the score back in 2002, whereas I only realized that the game is rigged 10 years later. Oh well, better later rather than never at all.

It also goes to reveal the character of an individual like Phil Jackson, one of the greatest con artists of the 20th century. He was the one who referred to sacramento as a cow-town.

Makes sense he would be so dismissive. After all, he knew that with players like Jordan and Shaq and Kobe, he had the league's commissioner's office and all of his referees in his back pocket at his disposal.

So much for "being in the moment" and all of the rest of that philosophical bullsh--. It was all about having the star players getting the calls at all the right times.

If I saw Phil Jackson walking down the street, I would slap him right in the face. What a hypocrite.

bucketss
07-11-2012, 09:54 PM

Besides - The Heat are so much better it's pointless to tease myself all season long just to see them get whopped in the finals.

so basically if the lakers were locks for the finals you would watch but since they probably won't win you will hop of bandwaggon for a few years correct?

ryang
07-11-2012, 10:28 PM
This thread is still open??

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I love how all the counter arguments in here are people taking small parts of a large point and misrepresenting my views.

Dade County
07-11-2012, 11:17 PM
I recall back in 2002 (and onwards) that sacramento fans were holding up signs reading

NBA = WWF.

At the time, I thought it was overstated, but no longer. It's quite sobering that fans in a "cow town" like sacramento knew the score back in 2002, whereas I only realized that the game is rigged 10 years later. Oh well, better later rather than never at all.

It also goes to reveal the character of an individual like Phil Jackson, one of the greatest con artists of the 20th century. He was the one who referred to sacramento as a cow-town.

Makes sense he would be so dismissive. After all, he knew that with players like Jordan and Shaq and Kobe, he had the league's commissioner's office and all of his referees in his back pocket at his disposal.

So much for "being in the moment" and all of the rest of that philosophical bullsh--. It was all about having the star players getting the calls at all the right times.

If I saw Phil Jackson walking down the street, I would slap him right in the face. What a hypocrite.

:laugh2:

Thank you for that.

thekmp211
07-11-2012, 11:21 PM

yeah. clearly you've though hard enough about it so lets get some facts.

lol okay.

oh yeah? like dan gilbert and....who else exactly? what is the evidence of this statement?

now you're just losing it.

no, it's not. the decision was different than every one of those sitautions. and each player had the right, as a professional, to do whatever the eff they want. the dissonence comes from leaked reports and a strange desire on the part of the players to not leave these franchises empy handed. probably because of whiny fans like you.

again, that's just not true.

again lets get some hard proof.

lmao is that the scoop? i thought you weren't an investigative reporter. i'd have to agree based on this.

now you are just spewing nonsense. do you want small market teams to succeed? the spurs were crappy? the thunder are crappy? you literally make no sense.

suffering. please. if you get this worked up about a ball game, that's your problem. don't bug us about it. enjoy your "boycott"..:clap:

ryang
07-11-2012, 11:23 PM

NBA = WWF.

something tells me Phil Jackson would work you.. As to the rest of your post woooow... Hey atleast you don't have to watch it anymore...

bucketss
07-11-2012, 11:28 PM
i wish they'd just boycott instead of teasing us so badly.

PraiseJesus
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
yeah. clearly you've though hard enough about it so lets get some facts.

lol okay.

oh yeah? like dan gilbert and....who else exactly? what is the evidence of this statement?

now you're just losing it.

no, it's not. the decision was different than every one of those sitautions. and each player had the right, as a professional, to do whatever the eff they want. the dissonence comes from leaked reports and a strange desire on the part of the players to not leave these franchises empy handed. probably because of whiny fans like you.

again, that's just not true.

again lets get some hard proof.

lmao is that the scoop? i thought you weren't an investigative reporter. i'd have to agree based on this.

now you are just spewing nonsense. do you want small market teams to succeed? the spurs were crappy? the thunder are crappy? you literally make no sense.

suffering. please. if you get this worked up about a ball game, that's your problem. don't bug us about it. enjoy your "boycott"..:clap:

You didn't make a single statement worth responding to

Sssmush
07-11-2012, 11:39 PM

The Lakers gave OKC a real run for their money in the playoffs this year.

To me, it actually looked a bit like OKC got some help from the refs at a few key points, because Durant was built up as the big superstar, and it was "his year" etc etc.

With a year for Mike Brown to implement his new system... and then adding Nash at point guard, plus last years rookies and Ebanks an extra year of development...

Kobe at full strength. Pau at full strength. Bynum at full strength. Artest back on his game.

Lakers could be right there in the mix. In a half court game with the pace controlled, Miami won't get nearly as many baskets in transition. And Wade and Lebron can't drive to the hoop every single play. They can't shoot free throws every single play. Miami will have to play with the Lakers in the halfcourt, and they will probably LOSE. And Nash will finally get his ring.

I'd say, if it's just rings we want, that we shouldn't get Dwight Howard, because we will probably be penalized by Stern/League/Refs because it don't look good if Dwight changes teams and wins a title without being purified, sanctified and saying 82 x 2 "hail NBAs" or whatever on his best behavior.

bucketss
07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
The Lakers gave OKC a real run for their money in the playoffs this year.

To me, it actually looked a bit like OKC got some help from the refs at a few key points, because Durant was built up as the big superstar, and it was "his year" etc etc.

With a year for Mike Brown to implement his new system... and then adding Nash at point guard, plus last years rookies and Ebanks an extra year of development...

Kobe at full strength. Pau at full strength. Bynum at full strength. Artest back on his game.

Lakers could be right there in the mix. In a half court game with the pace controlled, Miami won't get nearly as many baskets in transition. And Wade and Lebron can't drive to the hoop every single play. They can't shoot free throws every single play. Miami will have to play with the Lakers in the halfcourt, and they will probably LOSE. And Nash will finally get his ring.

I'd say, if it's just rings we want, that we shouldn't get Dwight Howard, because we will probably be penalized by Stern/League/Refs because it don't look good if Dwight changes teams and wins a title without being purified, sanctified and saying 82 x 2 "hail NBAs" or whatever on his best behavior.

Lakers have allstars at every position except sf, i agree with what your saying they are definitely in the mix especially if hte outside guys can step up. to be honest they had the thunder beat at times but the collapsed. Also that keep the miami heat playing halfcourt thing has been thrown out there alot needless to say its easier said than done.

Iceman_9
07-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Suit yourself..

jam
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Suit yourself..

It's not as simple as that. The decision is not as important as the process. The process of gathering facts, and comparing it to the statements and practices of the league.

What's important is the process of constantly being critical of, pointing out and then doing something about wrongdoing.

Glen20
07-12-2012, 12:26 AM

and yet you responded
nice bait attempt, but people don't feel sorry for any of your teams

Sssmush
07-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Lakers have allstars at every position except sf, i agree with what your saying they are definitely in the mix especially if hte outside guys can step up. to be honest they had the thunder beat at times but the collapsed. Also that keep the miami heat playing halfcourt thing has been thrown out there alot needless to say its easier said than done.

it's true, but if you compare the Lakers with OKC, I mean OKC was just flat out running with the Heat at full speed all game, which gives Lebron and Wade tons of opportunities in transition.

With Nash running the show, the shots are better and in better rhythm. Less weird long rebounds or turnovers in the backcourt etc, and higher shooting percentages in general.

I mean, even with last year's team, if Kobe is "on" as he sometimes is, Lakers can beat any team. Kobe on a heater is unstoppable.

jam
07-12-2012, 02:07 AM
something tells me Phil Jackson would work you.. As to the rest of your post woooow... Hey atleast you don't have to watch it anymore...

LOL, Phil Jackson can't even walk anymore at this stage, much less "work" anyone.

PraiseJesus
07-12-2012, 06:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLpOmRHJlI

BURAKOBE
07-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Good luck, God speed, hope you come back safe, and I appreciate your military service.

Thank you very much.

thekmp211
07-12-2012, 12:56 PM

sounds like a cop-out. feel free to make sense one day. i responded to all your nonsense, line by line, to prove how off base you are. feel free to respond with facts, and opinions based on said facts. but then again your user name is praise jesus so that may be wishful thinking on my part. oh well!

carlessyen
07-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I dont blame the guy it is kind of a joke anymore. Your in denial to think this is the same league as it was from creation to 2000. Why give him such a hard time ya its corny to think boycott would actually happen but it probably should NBA is damaging its credability with these fixes, and players taking easy way out joining each other to win. Not to mention theres like 3 dudes in the league who can even play in the post, I havent seen a hook shot in i dont know how long.

PraiseJesus
07-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Exactly^

jam
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
See my donaghy thread. There are certainly ways of improving the officiating. Right now there is a serious conflict of interest with the NBA employing and supervising it's own officials without any transparency.

While I don't have a solution, the MMA model offers us clues as to the direction the NBA should move in. In MMA, referees and judges are supervised by state athletic commissions, not by private corporations such as the UFC or Strikeforce. If they were, the UFC could simply hire officials who officiated and judged fights most favorable to the profit motive.

Instead, judges and refs are hired and supervised by a neutral third party. If the NBA took the step of allowing some external agency, an athletic commission greater power in governing NBA referees, that would greatly reduce the conflict of interest.

Also, with the FBI well aware of the criminal and fraudulent activities taking place on such a large scale, I am disappointed that they are not seeking out additional information to clean the game up.

The quality of the game and of officiating is pathetically bad right now. The arbitrariness of enforcement, the total non-enforcement of many important rules makes the NBA a total mockery of the game of basketball.

jam
07-12-2012, 10:44 PM
It's interesting to note that even during his prime, there were certain defenders who gave Kobe a lot of trouble. One such defender was Raja Bell.

Not surprisingly, NBA officials were often forced to watch and review film where Raja Bell was allegedly getting away with excessively physical defensive play.

The message being: Raja Bell is too effective in stopping great scorers, which in turn reduces profit.

So, actually there are still great defenders in this league, but they are likely to be whistled more often as a result of their defensive abilities since this is contrary to the league's primary motive: profit (by promoting high scoring superstars).

it's true, but if you compare the Lakers with OKC, I mean OKC was just flat out running with the Heat at full speed all game, which gives Lebron and Wade tons of opportunities in transition.

With Nash running the show, the shots are better and in better rhythm. Less weird long rebounds or turnovers in the backcourt etc, and higher shooting percentages in general.

I mean, even with last year's team, if Kobe is "on" as he sometimes is, Lakers can beat any team. Kobe on a heater is unstoppable.

PraiseJesus
07-12-2012, 11:56 PM
See my donaghy thread. There are certainly ways of improving the officiating. Right now there is a serious conflict of interest with the NBA employing and supervising it's own officials without any transparency.

While I don't have a solution, the MMA model offers us clues as to the direction the NBA should move in. In MMA, referees and judges are supervised by state athletic commissions, not by private corporations such as the UFC or Strikeforce. If they were, the UFC could simply hire officials who officiated and judged fights most favorable to the profit motive.

Instead, judges and refs are hired and supervised by a neutral third party. If the NBA took the step of allowing some external agency, an athletic commission greater power in governing NBA referees, that would greatly reduce the conflict of interest.

Also, with the FBI well aware of the criminal and fraudulent activities taking place on such a large scale, I am disappointed that they are not seeking out additional information to clean the game up.

The quality of the game and of officiating is pathetically bad right now. The arbitrariness of enforcement, the total non-enforcement of many important rules makes the NBA a total mockery of the game of basketball.

:clap::clap::clap:

ryang
07-13-2012, 12:02 AM
We are now all dumber for having listened to it.. You are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your souls..

T.I.-KingofRap
07-13-2012, 12:13 AM
the Lebron james fiasco was his choice and i am behind him

he deserved to win and just couldn't win without help.

Michael Jordan had Pippen
Duncan had Robinson.
Pierce had Allen and Garnett.

naps
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Then you should GTFO of this forum as well since this is NBA forum. NBA will still be the same without you. Stop whining here and have good life.

T.I.-KingofRap
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Raja Bell is still in the League because he can defend dirty without getting calls.

im not whining. Have a good life.

yakubripper
07-13-2012, 12:35 AM
I get the anger, I really do. On some level I think we all kind of look at the players and the league and wonder what's really going on here. Most of us work our butts off just to make ends meet and these guys pout, threaten to strike, sulk, and act like big babies throwing temper tantrums 24-7 for usually greed inspired reasons.
Role models they ain't. However, no one is gonna stop watching man. Not yet anyway. This is grown man drama, sports soap operas and we all kinda dig that I guess.

jam
07-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I get the anger, I really do. On some level I think we all kind of look at the players and the league and wonder what's really going on here. Most of us work our butts off just to make ends meet and these guys pout, threaten to strike, sulk, and act like big babies throwing temper tantrums 24-7 for usually greed inspired reasons.
Role models they ain't. However, no one is gonna stop watching man. Not yet anyway. This is grown man drama, sports soap operas and we all kinda dig that I guess.

The outrage isn't so much directed at players, but at the referees and more so for commissioner Stern who employs and manipulates them. The level of corruption is just unspeakable at this point, literally.

The players are simply doing their best to obtain market value, no problem with that.

My beef then is when the commissioner's office rigs games and series for years, even decades, destroying the integrity of the game. So it's not about players, it's about the league's officials who put ratings and profit ahead of anything else, and who are willing to destroy the credibility of the sport in the process.

PraiseJesus
07-13-2012, 12:51 AM
both of u bring up points the grind my gears

My main gripe is that there is no REAL free agency for superstars in their primes.

They are limited to teams that have cap space - whicha re all terrible - or whatever team they are on already

Thats why we have these trade dramas going on for years with players because the only way they can actually go to a winning franchise is through a trade.

The one exception is the Heat where they spent years clearing cap space for lebron wade bosh

trueraidersfan
07-29-2012, 01:57 AM
This, all day!

You're 27 well i'm 35 and basketball has been a significant part of my life also. I find it highly frustrating and irritating that the sport has come to this. I was actually a Miami Heat fan since Hardaway but had no choice but to get off once Lebron joined.

I felt the same way about the formation of Lebron & Wade - 2 players who are more than capable of leading their own team. I thought the teaming was highly desperate & uncompetitive. I can't for the life of me get how people would be impressed with the win.

There is absolutely nothing Heat/Lebron fans can say to wash the stain Lebron and Miami have smeared in the minds of many. This is just the sad truth and reality for the history of this team. This will be debated for many years to come.

very well said! very glad to see more people than me are disgusted by the NBA now. The integrity is ruined now for a long time. I know at some point ill be the die hard fan i use to be but not for awhile. Its become to "New York Yankee" of a league that i cant respect it anymore. I use to be such a big fan I followed every offseason move too and now i dont care to check anymore! its sad what it has become!

bucketss
07-29-2012, 03:14 AM
very well said! very glad to see more people than me are disgusted by the NBA now. The integrity is ruined now for a long time. I know at some point ill be the die hard fan i use to be but not for awhile. Its become to "New York Yankee" of a league that i cant respect it anymore. I use to be such a big fan I followed every offseason move too and now i dont care to check anymore! its sad what it has become!

if you, 3ballbomber dude and all you guys alike stop watching nba basketball. i think i would love the miami heat even more.

omagicdon
07-29-2012, 04:26 AM
Every1 brings valid points.ive brought similiar issues up b4...u knw all these backroom talks go on when not spposed to(b4 signin.gs etc)

Mike515089
07-29-2012, 04:44 AM
A boycott seems almost like a lost cause, the entire sport has become franchised. Baseball has teams that get away with it because there is no salary cap and they can do that easily. The NBA on the other hand is different, everyone wants to be a winner and everyone has to play for the same handful of teams. Instead of being happy to be in the NBA you have have to pick and chose where your gonna play and if you cant play for that team or city you demand a trade. Also it has even gotten to where good players will give up huge amounts of money to sign with one of these handfull of teams just so they can win. Worse yet the smaller market teams that are losing there star players are also losing a lot of there fans. Nobody really seems to care so the sport continues to go down the road its headed on, I wouldnt be surprised if the Heat or Lakers never miss the playoffs in my lifetime again the way the league is headed.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Good for you. Now get the **** out of the NBA forum and never post here again.

naps
07-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Why the **** do you post here anymore then? Boycotting NBA means boycotting everything it is related to (which is this forum). GTFO

ACanadian
07-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Good for you. Now get the **** out of the NBA forum and never post here again.

I remember this thread lol

omagicdon
07-29-2012, 08:25 AM
^^ haha

Awe crap,I read the link,THIS GUY JUST REPOSTED A YEAR LATER,DOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
He's kinda right though..oh and1 dude said "JESUS would hate this thread" haha!u speakn for JESUS now!?JESUS would hate the "decision" he'd hate the lakers and flopping and the acrobatic,high flying cheerleaders,Jesus would hate STERNMOSTLY HE HATES PHONEYS AKA : HYPOCRITES....best part JESUS LOVES THE MAGIC....;-)

omagicdon
07-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Why the **** do you post here anymore then? Boycotting NBA means boycotting everything it is related to (which is this forum). GTFO

This quote also sums up whole thread....now shut er down

Chronz
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Don't ***** about this thread plz, it consolidates all the conspiracy trash into one neat pile. This is a good way to keep the forum clean

Heatcheck
07-29-2012, 12:23 PM

Your like that guy who tries to start a clap and nobody joins in.

Blow me a river.

Heatcheck
07-29-2012, 12:25 PM
This quote also sums up whole thread....now shut er down

Its the third time in the last couple of months where he's "done" with the NBA and "cant take it anymore".

apparently, he went to a lakers game, and kobe went after a loose ball in the stands, and crashed into his vagina. Never recovered. Damn shame if u ask me.

Puck017
07-29-2012, 12:33 PM
I think your anger is a little misplaced. I think your issues with the NBA are a result of the NBA's talent pool being watered down by the expansion into 7 small market areas since 1988. The NBA is still looking for the right infrastructure to support the addition of these small markets. It has become more difficult for many teams to compete, because the addition of these teams has lead to front offices consistently having to overpay just to keep or sign players in free agency.

gilly
07-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I kinda like watching the best basketball league in the world, why would I not? Because of a bit of media-influenced 'drama'? You're on your own with that pal.

StarvingKnick22
07-29-2012, 02:16 PM
:facepalm: who opened this 4 week old thread?

bucketss
07-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Awe crap,I read the link,THIS GUY JUST REPOSTED A YEAR LATER,DOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
He's kinda right though..oh and1 dude said "JESUS would hate this thread" haha!u speakn for JESUS now!?JESUS would hate the "decision" he'd hate the lakers and flopping and the acrobatic,high flying cheerleaders,Jesus would hate STERNMOSTLY HE HATES PHONEYS AKA : HYPOCRITES....best part JESUS LOVES THE MAGIC....;-)

lol is flopping a sin?

PraiseJesus
07-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Fans have the power

Wade>You
07-29-2012, 06:31 PM

the Melo Fiasco

the CP3 trade block

the CBA Lockout

You must be a fan of a small market team that has never won a championship.

What's that you say? You're a LAKERS fan?

Cry me a river, get over it, and deal with it.

The Lakers time is long gone, OTHER TEAMS can compete for a title now.

trueraidersfan
10-30-2012, 12:48 PM
There will be plenty more than one boycotting

Stinkyoutsider
10-30-2012, 02:16 PM
We shouldn't expect anything different from our sports in our country?

What I think the NBA needs is to have a few clubs being owned by fans. But instead of having an organization like the Packers in the NFL where people have shares of stock and no voting rights, a few teams should be public and give the fans voting rights to help steer the team in the way their fans want them to be.

82 game regular season against other NBA teams just might be too much? I would rather have it structured like soccer where there's less regular season games against other NBA teams and have tournaments and competitions against other teams in other leagues. We know as fans that some teams don't have a chance to win an NBA title this year but it would be great for the fans to see their team have a chance at some type of title during the year regardless of their regular season record.

JordansBulls
10-30-2012, 05:54 PM
There will be plenty more than one boycotting

:confused:

PraiseJesus
10-30-2012, 06:00 PM
who dug up this thread??

NoahH
10-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Not this thread again... SMH

Bring on the NBA!

ACanadian
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
BOO THIS MAN!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooi!!

AsfanSince99
10-30-2012, 07:03 PM
who dug up this thread??
You and PurpleJesus look alike.

Cool story bro.

LOL, right on!

Sixerlover
10-30-2012, 07:05 PM
forget that! It's opening night

WhiteSoxGod
10-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Well the NBA viewership and popularity has declined over the last 5 years as a whole. But I'll still be watching this season.

davids22
10-30-2012, 07:08 PM
who dug up this thread??

Look's like you're not boycotting anything.

Now shut up and go watch the Heat/Celtics game like we know you're going to.

Sixerlover
10-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Well the NBA viewership and popularity has declined over the last 5 years as a whole. But I'll still be watching this season.

Is that a fact? Wasn't the finals one of the highest rated finals ever?

Or do you mean a whole like ratings in Cleveland and Sacramento went down?

StarvingKnick22
10-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Since the season about to start praisejesus,
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2776228_o.gif

Teeboy1487
10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Since the season about to start praisejesus,
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2776228_o.gif

:clap:

RLundi
10-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Why has this old thread resurfaced?

Knowledge
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM

That is false. If you have a source for that, please post it.

CavsYanksDuke
10-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Nah, I'm good bro.

RLundi
10-30-2012, 07:45 PM

?

This is wrong. NBA ratings have absolutely surged since Boston put together the Big 3 and been pretty steady ever since.

WhiteSoxGod
10-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Is that a fact? Wasn't the finals one of the highest rated finals ever?

Or do you mean a whole like ratings in Cleveland and Sacramento went down?

That is false. If you have a source for that, please post it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=tmq/030610

Remember the finals were good but that's not the whole season. the lockout helped tick ratings up for ONE YEAR. People wanted to see basketball so the ratings ticked up. Basketball is slipping further behind the NFL and MLB. Look at the ratings outside New York, Miami, and L.A. But the ratings have declined every year AS A WHOLE except the post-lockout. It's true go look at the ratings over the pas 10 years.

ayuntalo
10-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Bye! :))

RLundi
10-30-2012, 07:50 PM

Remember the finals were good but that's not the whole season. the lockout helped tick ratings up for ONE YEAR. People wanted to see basketball so the ratings ticked up. Basketball is slipping further behind the NFL and MLB. Look at the ratings outside New York, Miami, and L.A. But the ratings have declined every year AS A WHOLE except the post-lockout. It's true go look at the ratings over the pas 10 years.

:eyebrow:

This article is from 2003.

theheatles
10-30-2012, 07:52 PM
The Irony of this being created by a laker fan blow me away

i don't know whats what now...up is down, east is west, tuna fish is bananas, my head hurts

WhiteSoxGod
10-30-2012, 07:55 PM

My point is to show that the NBA ratings sunk so low over the previous 10 years the past couple years rises over the past few years don't mean that the NBA has strength in ratings. The NBA has many teams losing money from lack of attendance and care. Compare ratings from now to pre-2003 ratings. It's going to take more teams being good than just 5 or 6. That's why they had a lockout remember?

Ill21
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Lol

RLundi
10-30-2012, 08:01 PM
My point is to show that the NBA ratings sunk so low over the previous 10 years the past couple years rises over the past few years don't mean that the NBA has strength in ratings. The NBA has many teams losing money from lack of attendance and care. Compare ratings from now to pre-2003 ratings they are atrocious in comparison.

I concede. I checked the ratings. This man speaks truth.

AsfanSince99
10-30-2012, 08:21 PM

This may be true, but the NBA is growing in popularity world-wide. I should know, I just came back from Australia, China, and the UK; people are crazy about NBA basketball. I went to a sports store in London and they are still selling Jordan jerseys beside star soccer player jerseys.