PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis to sign with the Miami Heat

Pages : [1] 2

Lidz
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Legion Sports @MySportsLegion

Report: Rashard Lewis to sign with the Miami Heat tomorrow.

Don't know how reliable that page is but....thoughts?

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 04:11 PM
tomasson
People I've talked to today believe it's very likely Rashard Lewis will end up in Miami for the $1.35 million veteran's minimum.
mike ryan
We were just emailed photos of Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen meeting with Heat Team Doctors
;)

Lidz
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks Justinnum for more updates. Looks like that source is legit.

DeRozan10
07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
crazy ****

gotoHcarolina52
07-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Both Allen and Lewis were photographed at the Heat doctor's office presumably undergoing physicals:

Ray Allen: http://img.ly/kCAt

Rashard Lewis: http://img.ly/kCAp

(Via @dru_star)

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Both Allen and Lewis were photographed at the Heat doctor's office presumably undergoing physicals:

(Via @dru_star)

:)

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
the NBA just became a joke.

CP3 trade is blocked but this goes down.

This is the worst years of the nba I can ever remember

SaimuKala
07-10-2012, 04:20 PM
can't wait for this season :up:

Punk
Good move for him and Miami. Not surprised either since he left Seattle for better weather in Orlando, so going to Miami would be a no brainier for him probably.

dhopisthename
I think the question is does rashard even play

310Casper
Miami is gonna be making it RAIN 3's now with Allen, Lewis and co.

Wow.

I dont see them being stopped by any other NBA team for some time now. Just way too much offense on that team.

nate2usmc
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
GREAT pickup for the Heat. Damn.

greg_ory_2005
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Another long range shooter. Good signing for them.

GoneGuru
07-10-2012, 04:22 PM
nice find Jus.

This is promising.

ryang
07-10-2012, 04:22 PM

i know right god forbid miami wins a couple titles.. crazy it should be L.A. , Boston , Spurs ect ect..

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Great job by the Heat adding even more shooters however I think there bigger concern is the C position. Is it still possible that they would even be able to pick up a centre. Kwame Brown may not be a horrible option IMO he'd actually be the perfect option for the Heat at this point.

TeamSeattle
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
why does Rashard want to go to Miami when he will barely see playing time? Anyways good pickup Miami, hope he can revitalize his career there. Dang superteam :sigh:

keetyweedy
07-10-2012, 04:24 PM

are people seriously still upset about the cp3 block? Wow

Gritz
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
He won't even play

Iron24th
Yeah crazy how miami is allowed to sign james,bosh,allen,lewis.

But we can't get CP3 or dwight lol

ccg34
Is there room on the bandwagon for this Sonic fan? Beating OKC and now signing my boys Allen and Lewis. I hated Miami but now I actually like them.

rpgmaster86
07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Rashards best basketball days are behind him...he won't do much for you guys

ccg34
07-10-2012, 04:27 PM

David Stern is an idiot.

keetyweedy

Wow.

I dont see them being stopped by any other NBA team for some time now. Just way too much offense on that team.

Comments like that were the reason they lost the first time to Dallas...wouldn't get too cocky if i were you......Nice pick up tho

Kashmir13579
Underrated signing. Put enough quality shooters around that trio and its gonna be hard for them to lose.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Great job by the Heat adding even more shooters however I think there bigger concern is the C position. Is it still possible that they would even be able to pick up a centre. Kwame Brown may not be a horrible option IMO he'd actually be the perfect option for the Heat at this point.

You think someone offers him another 7M?

Swashcuff

They don't need him to do much else but camp on the perimeter and drain the J. Even that he has lost a touch but he's the type of player than can do well in Miami

ryang

i hear you.. Im just hoping he can hit a wide open 3 tho.. Thats what our role players receive.. If not lbj and wade will be single covered so win win..

PraiseJesus
i know right god forbid miami wins a couple titles.. crazy it should be L.A. , Boston , Spurs ect ect..

Its ridiculous that the NBA is obviously doing everything that they can to hold back the Lakers by making debilitating changes to the CBA agreements, blocking trades, and collaborating to make sure the Lakers dont get better

But at the same time allow the Heat to assemble a team so dominate that no one else in the NBA has a chance.

If you want comeptitive balance - fine - but all they are doing is allowing the Heat to become a superpower team like never in history of the nba

Marshallp22
07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
the NBA just became a joke. CP3 trade is blocked but this goes down.

Why does this keep coming up? Why dont people get that David Stern owned the Hornets, he didnt think the lakers trade was good enough to get Paul so he trade with the Clippers. CP3 and Rashard Lewis are not even on the same level at all. Stop complaining. Lakers could have easily got him with same pay.

Lets Go Miami :D

ccg34
Using Miami on 2k13 should not be allowed. That is cheating. lol

Swashcuff
You think someone offers him another 7M?

With the way things has been this off season who knows :shrug:

dhopisthename
07-10-2012, 04:31 PM

did you really just put lewis with lebron, wade, and bosh? maybe the lewis of 6 years ago, but not this version. at best all he can do is shoot 3's and stand in a corner.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:31 PM
The Heat are officially unbeatable.

There is no reason to watch the 2013 season

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Looking forward to see what a motivated lewis looks like, he mailed it in the last 2+ seasons.

keetyweedy
07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
The Heat are officially unbeatable.

There is no reason to watch the 2013 season

:laugh:

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
If heat are healthy....it's over.

Allen, Lewis, battier, rio, all surrounding James and a healthy wade. Their is no defense u can play against that....zone just went out the window. Great shooters shooting wide open shot....smh.

How the hell do they get all these guys?

NoahH
Rekindling a little of the old Seattle Supersonics loooove. This is sick for Miami even if Rashard is 25% of the player he once was. Lebron and DWade surrounded by long range shooters: Battier, Lewis, Ray Allen, Chalmers and Mike Miller mmmmm

Cfrey
Using Miami on 2k13 should not be allowed. That is cheating. lol

lol right.. i don't even allow it right now when my friends and I play each other.. we usually just do three random teams and you can pick one but if you get miami it doesn't even count.. i could score every time with lebron haha and now you throw ray allen who doesn't miss on video games lol

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
did you really just put lewis with lebron, wade, and bosh? maybe the lewis of 6 years ago, but not this version. at best all he can do is shoot 3's and stand in a corner.

Lewis + Allen just opened up the floor for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to run a muck.

Ray Allen was the real killer signing but Lewis just puts the team in hilarious territory.

Remember Mike Miller hitting like 6 3's???

Imagine how many 3's Ray Allen and Lewis are gonna hit while Lebron, Wade, and Bosh get easy layups and 1s

- Ray Allen is gonna be wide open all season long

smith&wesson
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I guess they are content with anthony as their starting big man. i dont see why they even need reshard lewis. they should have gone after a big.

Slimsim
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM
i don't really see any team beating them in a 7 game series ****ing crazy

D-Leethal
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM
National Frontrunning Association

NoahH
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I guess they are content with anthony as their starting big man. i dont see why they even need reshard lewis. they should have gone after a big.

I wouldnt be surprised if they play a lineup of chalmers, wade, lebron, battier and bosh because that seemed to work the best. there isnt exactly alot of quality big men on the market. who knows maybe lewis has something left in the tank and he just didnt try in washington?

ryang
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
there are no bigs available.. Pretty sure we just proved we dont need one and I thought bosh did just fine in the finals.. But dont say howard bynum ect ect would have killed us in the finals because anybody we can afford at center stands no chance against those animals anyways

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:39 PM

Becasue they already have LEbron, Bosh, and Wade taking up all the space down low - there isn't any room for another offensive Big

The best 3pt shooter in NBA history and another lights out 3pt shooter Lewis are the nail in the coffin for the NBA

gotoHcarolina52
Is there room on the bandwagon for this Sonic fan? Beating OKC and now signing my boys Allen and Lewis. I hated Miami but now I actually like them.

I wouldn't mind Sonics fans hopping aboard. With these new additions, the Heat and Sonics become as close to sister teams as we currently have in the NBA. Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and, remember, the HEAT also helped Gary Payton win a ring in 2006 (and he helped the Heat a great deal as well).

Hope Chris Hansen comes through for you guys.

LeMarcus

Its ridiculous that the NBA is obviously doing everything that they can to hold back the Lakers by making debilitating changes to the CBA agreements, blocking trades, and collaborating to make sure the Lakers dont get better

But at the same time allow the Heat to assemble a team so dominate that no one else in the NBA has a chance.

If you want comeptitive balance - fine - but all they are doing is allowing the Heat to become a superpower team like never in history of the nba

lol. You're foolish to think the Nba has a personal vendetta against the Lakers adding free agents to their roster.
Cp3 = contract
Dwight = contract

James=FA
Bosh=FA
Allen=FA
Lewis=FA

Even if the heat signed John Lucas people will still claim collusion.

Romo2Bryant
07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Good signing for Heat.

I'm also hearing Grant Hill could sign with the Heat because he has the same agent as Ray Allen and Shane Battier. He's probably gonna end up with Heat or Lakers. My guess is he ends up with Lakers because of Steve Nash and playing time.

tippa irie
07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
All Jordan needed was Pippen. man Lebron he needs a whole arsenal of players. Why he should NEVER be mentioned as one of the greatest players ever. Great talent YES but not one of the all time greats!!!! When is Stern gonna step in Pat Riley has been giving kick backs and money under the table since his days in LA. Come on Stern take down the Godfather

ryang
07-10-2012, 04:43 PM
All Jordan needed was Pippen. man Lebron he needs a whole arsenal of players. Why he should NEVER be mentioned as one of the greatest players ever. Great talent YES but not one of the all time greats!!!! When is Stern gonna step in Pat Riley has been giving kick backs and money under the table since his days in LA. Come on Stern take down the Godfather

sour grapes... yea jordan never had 3 point shooters or rebounders:facepalm:

NoahH
Why does this keep coming up? Why dont people get that David Stern owned the Hornets, he didnt think the lakers trade was good enough to get Paul so he trade with the Clippers. CP3 and Rashard Lewis are not even on the same level at all. Stop complaining. Lakers could have easily got him with same pay.

Lets Go Miami :D

Not to mention the fact that clearly Stern made a good call for the Hornets by blocking that trade. With Kevin Martin and Scola the Hornets wouldve been like 9th or 10th pick this year and would not have struck gold on Anthony Davis AND Austin Rivers. Their team this year (assuming eric gordon stfu and plays) is looking mighty promising

PraiseJesus
lol. You're foolish to think the Nba has a personal vendetta against the Lakers adding free agents to their roster.
Cp3 = contract
Dwight = contract

James=FA
Bosh=FA
Allen=FA
Lewis=FA

The CP3 trade was agreed upon by 3 teams.

Done.

IT was retracted because the NBA simply didnt want the Lakers to get younger and more talented.

Lamar Odom wanted to goto the Lakers - then Mo Williams was going to go LAkers

Then in 1 move Odom and Mo Will goto diff teams

Add that to the RICIDULOUS limitations on going over the salary tax and you see a clear vendentta against keeping the Lakers from being competitive

I really wouldnt be as upset if the Heat weren't assembling a super team in the meantime.

YoungOne
they only upgrading their strength instead of upgrading their weeknesses.

Lakerhead4ever
07-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Why don't we just skip free agency since everyone Just wants an easy path to win and go to the heat. It's crazy.

Yet cp3 trade gets vetoed for basketball reasons lmao

NoahH
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Why don't we just skip free agency since everyone Just wants an easy path to win and go to the heat. It's crazy.

Yet cp3 trade gets vetoed for basketball reasons lmao

Because the Clippers deal was better for the Hornets than the Lakers deal bottom line.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Not to mention the fact that clearly Stern made a good call for the Hornets by blocking that trade. With Kevin Martin and Scola the Hornets wouldve been like 9th or 10th pick this year and would not have struck gold on Anthony Davis AND Austin Rivers. Their team this year (assuming eric gordon stfu and plays) is looking mighty promising

The draft was fixed to give the hornet #1 pick just like last year it was fixed to give the Cavs #1 pick

U think its coincidence that the Cavs lose LeBron they get #1 then NOH lose CP3 get #1

The NBA is seriously a joke now - clearly manipulated by the owners

GoneGuru
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Good move for him and Miami. Not surprised either since he left Seattle for better weather in Orlando, so going to Miami would be a no brainier for him probably.

this is true.

also i freakin love your sig ROFL

ryang

Done.

IT was retracted because the NBA simply didnt want the Lakers to get younger and more talented.

Add that to the RICIDULOUS limitations on going over the salary tax and you see a clear vendentta against keeping the Lakers from being competitive

I really wouldnt be as upset if the Heat weren't assembling a super team in the meantime.

without the big 3 (who signed before the new cba by the way not to mention were free agents) these guys wouldnt have as much of an impact.. The league owned the hornets and thought theyd never sell that franchize if they got pau back for paul.. I wouldnt have made that deal either..

justinnum1
Good signing for Heat.

I'm also hearing Grant Hill could sign with the Heat because he has the same agent as Ray Allen and Shane Battier. He's probably gonna end up with Heat or Lakers. My guess is he ends up with Lakers because of Steve Nash and playing time.

Yea, i can't see hill signing with miami even tho i would love that. The only reason he is talking to miami is becuase his agent i think. Lakers have to be the clear cut front runners imo.

kjoke
07-10-2012, 04:47 PM
The draft was fixed to give the hornet #1 pick just like last year it was fixed to give the Cavs #1 pick

U think its coincidence that the Cavs lose LeBron they get #1 then NOH lose CP3 get #1

Yes, because multi-billionaire Stern would risk his job AND would probably go the jail for a long time if caught, to help out Cleveland.

NoahH

Well that's debateable but even if it IS fixed if the Hornets were like the 10th worst in the league theres no way Stern wouldve stretched it and made the Hornets get the 1st pick with a 2% chance..

gotoHcarolina52
Why we cant haz Dwight/CP3????????? :( No fair!!!!!! :mad:

:pity:

ryang
07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
they only upgrading their strength instead of upgrading their weeknesses.

Yea the strengths that deleiver back to back eastern conference championships and an nba championship.. Now we uprgraded it even more.. Id say good move.. Oh and what big man could we have signed for 3 million?? or the vet min?? that would have any impact on real centers..

Marshallp22
07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I find it funny when fans from other teams complain when Miami upgrades thier roster. Its not like were offering them huge deals, the vet min and MLE. The fact is you dont have PAT RILEY, DWADE, LEBRON OR BOSH!

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
without the big 3 (who signed before the new cba by the way not to mention were free agents) these guys wouldnt have as much of an impact.. The league owned the hornets and thought theyd never sell that franchize if they got pau back for paul.. I wouldnt have made that deal either..

Thats your opinion.

Eric Gordon wont stay with the NOH, Kaman doesnt wanna play there... the only thing they got was the #1 pick ---- WHICH WAS FIXED BY THE NBA TO MAKE SURE THEY GOT IT

The only reason the trade worked out was because they fixed the draft lottery for the 2nd straight year

NoahH
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Yea the strengths that deleiver back to back eastern conference championships and an nba championship.. Now we uprgraded it even more.. Id say good move.. Oh and what big man could we have signed for 3 million?? or the vet min?? that would have any impact on real centers..

+1 there arent any good centers available for that much. Camby was our only shot!

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 04:52 PM

Lewis + Allen just opened up the floor for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to run a muck.

Ray Allen was the real killer signing but Lewis just puts the team in hilarious territory.

Imagine how many 3's Ray Allen and Lewis are gonna hit while Lebron, Wade, and Bosh get easy layups and 1s

This Lewis is not done all he ever was was a shooter. He and ray are going to be shooting wide open shots! Watch how different he plays motivated in miami.

Mike miller should retire cause he won't even see the floor with ray and Lewis there.

Unless sombodys hurt....it's going to be a looong season. With those 4 Snipers out there. Like ground troops with air support. Lol

ryang
07-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Thats your opinion.

Eric Gordon wont stay with the NOH, Kaman doesnt wanna play there... the only thing they got was the #1 pick ---- WHICH WAS FIXED BY THE NBA TO MAKE SURE THEY GOT IT

The only reason the trade worked out was because they fixed the draft lottery for the 2nd straight year

u think gasoul would have wanted to stay there?? Just sayin the deal was a bad one.. that being said its ****ed up they did that to the lakers period..

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I boycotted the Dodgers when I saw the corruption and bs happening.

Im now boycotting the NBA.

The Lebron Decision fiasco, the Melo Fiasco, the CP3 blocking, the never ending Dwight indecision, the fixing of the draft lottery for 2 straight years, the CBA Lockout--- All the meanwhile Heat are assembling a ridiculously dominate team-----------

Im done. I wont watch the NBA until I see big changes and the corruption is exposed

Romo2Bryant
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
So as of now the roster looks like.

PG: Chalmers | Cole
SG: Wade | Allen | Miller
SF: James | Battier | Jones
PF: Bosh | Haslem | Lewis
C: Anthony | Pittman | Varnado

T. Harris is probably gonna end up with the final spot.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
u think gasoul would have wanted to stay there?? Just sayin the deal was a bad one.. that being said its ****ed up they did that to the lakers period..

Gasol was going to Houston smart guy - you dont even know what the trade was

U r done

dsonLAL24
surprise! surprise!

RaiderLakersA's
Nice little arms race we got going here! Who said the Cold War is over? It's still going strong, only NBA style.

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM

The Lebron Decision fiasco, the Melo Fiasco, the CP3 blocking, the never ending Dwight indecision, the fixing of the draft lottery for 2 straight years, the CBA Lockout--- All the meanwhile Heat are assembling a ridiculously dominate team-----------

Im done. I wont watch the NBA until I see big changes and the corruption is exposed

I hope this means you boycott the NBA Forum as well :pray:

LA_cabals
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Since he was amnestied, doesn't that mean that only teams with cap space available are allowed to first bid for his services? Only if no team claims him, then he would become available for any team for offer him a contract, i.e. Miami.

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I find it funny when fans from other teams complain when Miami upgrades thier roster. Its not like were offering them huge deals, the vet min and MLE. The fact is you dont have PAT RILEY, DWADE, LEBRON OR BOSH!

This is true....they are taking less money. What can you do. Give players a list of teams they are to good to play for.

TheNumber37
07-10-2012, 05:02 PM
James
Wade
Allen
Lewis
Bosh

They can put that on the floor at the same time

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM

you're basically saying the lakers are the only team allowed to sign/trade for good players

NoahH
07-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Beauuuuuty!

JC_
07-10-2012, 05:05 PM

To show how serious you are, you should stop posting on the forums.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM

wasn't getting pau for pick/crittiton/kwame enough? easy to prove the favoritism the league has for the lakeshow so please save it

TeamSeattle
It's official now

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Heat have agreed to a two-year deal with forward Rashard Lewis, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

JesusWears24
no one cares about the ****in heat!! The LAKERS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NBA.

shizzle09
Marc J. Spears‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Heat have agreed to a two-year deal with forward Rashard Lewis, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

#winning

numba1CHANGsta
07-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Wow bunch of bandwagons I swear, when the Lakers and Spurs were winning championships you didnt see all these players sign with them :facepalm:

LeMarcus
07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Cp3 = contract
Dwight = contract

James=FA
Bosh=FA
Allen=FA
Lewis=FA

Done.

Agreed upon by 3 teams until the owners (all the owners in the league had a share of ownership) of the hornets vetoed the move.

What does stern have to do with odom
And mo going to the lakers?

As far as luxury tax, that rule is applied to every team in the NBA.
Did David stern force the lakers to give Kobe a no-trade clause or a $27 mil. contract?

No.

The guys that Miami are singing are taking paycuts.

The Lakers have a bright future with Bynum when his head is on straight.
2 future hall of famers as guards.
A current top 10 PF in the league.
An organization multiple championship (16) experience that's had a vast amount of hall of fame players throughout it's history.

And your complaining about the Miami Heat organization that's only won a total of 2 championships?

lol.

If you want to compare, look at the offseason moves by Boston and LA.

Compare and contrast.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
wasn't getting pau for pick/crittiton/kwame enough? easy to prove the favoritism the league has for the lakeshow so please save it

Another uninformed opinion

The centerpiece of that trade was MARC GASOL who was known by GMs to be one of the best young Centers available

Kwame was CAP SPACE which led to Zach Randolph

So essentially Pau was traded for Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Crittenton who was a high risk - high reward player

Just becasue YOU dont understand who good young players are doesnt mean that those who are paid to make those decisions dont

It was a FAIR trade and I knew it from day 1 because Lakers fans were dancing in circles waiting for Marc Gasol to join the team before the trade happened

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM

I doubt it....based on how well it works. I would guess it would be

Rio/cole
Wade/Allen
James/battier
Battier/lewis/UD
Bosh/UD

After oh well it worked for you guys I'm guessing you will stick with the formula of constant attack with every player on the floor being a offensive threat. Cause that **** is unstoppable.
Plus the speed and helping makes bigs posting up against them very hard.

Slug3
Wow bunch of bandwagons I swear, when the Lakers and Spurs were winning championships you didnt see all these players sign with them :facepalm:

I know. Good thing Payton and Malone don't sign with LA.

bucketss

you got artest and also jerry west getting in the ear of the memphis owner to facilitate one of the most lopsided trades ever at the time.

justinnum1
:cool:

PraiseJesus
Agreed upon by 3 teams until the owners of the hornets vetoed the move.

Did David stern force the lakers to give Kobe a no-trade clause or a $27 mil. contract?

No.

An organization multiple championship (16) experience that's had a vast amount of hall of fame players throughout it's history.

And your complaining about the Miami Heat organization that's only won a total of 2 championships?

lol.

Compare and contrast.

The Hornets owners AGREED to the trade

The trade would have never been agreed to without the owners giving the OK

--- the other small market owners vetoed the trade because they didnt want the Lakers to get younger and mor competitive

The NOH - including the acting owners - agreed to that trade

rockbottom2010

its miami's time to shine for the next few years

AYozzy
07-10-2012, 05:12 PM
the super team completley takes all respect out of LeBrons title(s) that he is going to end up with

MJ had far less:

Scottie Pippen
Craig Hodges
John Paxson
Horace Grant
Bill Cartwright
B.J. Armstrong
Cliff Levingston
Scott Williams
Will Perdue
Stacey King
Dennis Hopson
Bobby Hansen
Trent Tucker
Darrell Walker
Rodney McCray
Toni Kukoc
Luc Longley
Dennis Rodman
Ron Harper
Steve Kerr
Randy Brown
Bill Wennington
Jud Buechler
John Salley
Brian Williams
Jason Caffey
Scott Burrell
Dickey Simpkins

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
you got artest and also jerry west getting in the ear of the memphis owner to facilitate one of the most lopsided trades ever at the time.

Marc Gasol is better than Pau now by a WIDE margin. Zach Randolph was signed with the KWame cap space

it was not a lopsided trade --- u need to know wwhat you are talking about before u speak

LeMarcus

Please list the players that were FREE AGENTS that year.

bucketss

The centerpiece of that trade was MARC GASOL who was known by GMs to be one of the best young Centers available

So essentially Pau was traded for Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Crittenton who was a high risk - high reward player

Just becasue YOU dont understand who good young players are doesnt mean that those who are paid to make those decisions dont

It was a FAIR trade and I knew it from day 1 because Lakers fans were dancing in circles waiting for Marc Gasol to join the team before the trade happened

what ever makes you feel better AT THAT TIME that trade was extremely lopsided and everyone knows it lol at "it was a fair trade and i knew it from day 1" holy crap get serious

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 05:14 PM
nice signing! it would be fun to watch a 3pt shooting competition during heat practise between chalmers/allen/miller/jones/lewis/battier lol.

bucketss
Marc Gasol is better than Pau now by a WIDE margin. Zach Randolph was signed with the KWame cap space

it was not a lopsided trade --- u need to know wwhat you are talking about before u speak

AT that time it was extremely lopsided

HeaTxRipZz
Good signing for Miami. Hate the fact my fav player went there but I'm glad he(Ray Allen) has another chance at a ring.

If Rashard can get it going even just a little bit I think i will catch alot more Miami games this season. LOVED The Supersonics with Ray, Rashard, Radmonavic, etc

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 05:16 PM
James
Wade
Allen
Lewis
Bosh

They can put that on the floor at the same time

An no defense in history can contain that, if they are all healthy. Now that LBJ plays inside the paint this would probably be the best offensive team on the floor I have EVER seen.

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickshaw
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Shot 33.5% from 3 over the last 2 years.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
AT that time it was extremely lopsided

No it wasnt

GMs and basketball people KNEW how good Marc Gasol was

---He just wans't pasted all over Sportscenter so u didn't know about him

Us Lakers fans KNEW how good Marc was so did GMs who are paid millions to know this stuff

jasondrobinson
07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
good signing for the vets min. unreal how they keep getting more stacked, eventually the only difference betweeen them and USA Basketball will be jerseys

LeMarcus
07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Agreed upon by 3 teams until the owners of the hornets vetoed the move.

No.

lol.

Compare and contrast.

The Hornets owners AGREED to the trade

The trade would have never been agreed to without the owners giving the OK

--- the other small market owners vetoed the trade because they didnt want the Lakers to get younger and mor competitive

The NOH - including the acting owners - agreed to that trade

The acting owners? It's a LEAGUE OWNED team. Are you referring to the General Manager?

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 05:21 PM
good signing for the vets min. unreal how they keep getting more stacked, eventually the only difference betweeen them and USA Basketball will be jerseys

lmao

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 05:22 PM

what ever makes you feel better AT THAT TIME that trade was extremely lopsided and everyone knows it lol at "it was a fair trade and i knew it from day 1" holy crap get serious

Well if you wanna do at the time.... The lakers trade for Paul was Better. Your either going to count what ended up happening are you not.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:23 PM
No it wasnt

GMs and basketball people KNEW how good Marc Gasol was

---He just wans't pasted all over Sportscenter so u didn't know about him

Us Lakers fans KNEW how good Marc was so did GMs who are paid millions to know this stuff

gms knew he was soooooooo good that he got drafted 48th overall?

YashBoone
07-10-2012, 05:24 PM
SMH.... Damn

MTL_123
Chalmers,Cole
Wade,Allen
Lebron,Miller
Battier,Lewis
Bosh,UD,Anthony

damn our bench is starting to look really good

PraiseJesus
gms knew he was soooooooo good that he got drafted 48th overall?

Because in 1 year he dominated the euro leagues and went to the top of list for young centers.

Remeber a guy named Kobe was drafted 13th??

EYDI819
07-10-2012, 05:25 PM
i guess they are content with anthony as their starting big man. I dont see why they even need reshard lewis. They should have gone after a big.

big = 2 pts in the paint
allen + lewis = raining 3's all day
:d

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
The acting owners? It's a LEAGUE OWNED team. Are you referring to the General Manager?

A trade doesn't get approved without the ACTING OWNER approving it - especially one of that magnitude

It was RETRACED because other owners of small market teams cried and complained.

-ITs a war between big market teams + players against small market owners

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM

He has been awful the past few years but he also has been unmotivated and had nothing to play for.

Tmath
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Just going to make the next title even less impressive.

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM

ahhahahahahah u still mad:eyebrow:

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM

In Washington? Hurt playing 25 games? For his career he is almost 40. An what did he shoot when he played with a guy that got him OPEN looks. He is back healthy and going to be wide open. Same with ray.

Jint.
07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Ra-SHARD

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Because in 1 year he dominated the euro leagues and went to the top of list for young centers.

Remeber a guy named Kobe was drafted 13th??

if every one knew how good he was why did one of the most respected coaches ever say this?:

“What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension,” said Popovich. “There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I’d like to elect myself to that committee. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade.”

You're making so much COTT damn excuses, fact is the league favors the lakers and their fans are spoiled to no end.

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:34 PM
if every one knew how good he was why did one of the most respected coaches ever say this?:

“What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension,” said Popovich. “There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I’d like to elect myself to that committee. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade.”

You're making so much COTT damn excuses, fact is the league favors the lakers and their fans are spoiled to no end.

Thats why Popvich is a coach and not a GM

He clearly had no idea who Marc Gasol was or his potential was.

He also didnt understand the value of a 10$ million expiring contract in Kwame Brown which allowed Memphis to sign Zach Randolph

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:35 PM

were the thunder not favored to win that series though?

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 05:35 PM
were the thunder not favored to win that series though?

lol

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Thats why Popvich is a coach and not a GM

He clearly had no idea who Marc Gasol was or his potential was.

He also didnt understand the value of a 10$ million expiring contract in Kwame Brown which allowed Memphis to sign Zach Randolph

they didn't sign zach, he got tossed around in trades because no one wanted him than he finally ended up in memphis.

rockbottom2010
07-10-2012, 05:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashard_lewis

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 05:42 PM
they didn't sign zach, he got tossed around in trades because no one wanted him than he finally ended up in memphis.

10 MILLION$ in cap space is very valuable

The largest expiring contract in the NBA at the time - Kwame Brown - and the most talented young Center available was a great trade for Memphis and last time I checked it worked out pretty dang good for them

How can u argue with facts

Romo2Bryant
07-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Marc Spears on Twitter (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/222798430592958465)

Rashard Lewis has agreed to a two-year contract to join the Heat.

This basically makes official our report from an hour ago that the two sides were nearing a deal. Lewis will get the veteran's minimum and should be a perfect fit for the Heat, joining Ray Allen and Norris Cole as immediate help off the bench once LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Mario Chalmers are ready for a break. The rich get richer, if Lewis is over the right knee problem that limited him to 28 games last season.

ccg34
07-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Using Miami on 2k13 will be like playing with gameshark on your controller. lol

shizzle09
07-10-2012, 05:47 PM

:laugh:

so true

MrfadeawayJB
07-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Good pick up at the right price

ManRam
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
All Lewis was doing in Orlando his last half season there was camping in the corner trying to get open looks. He wasn't rebounding. He wasn't driving to the hoop. He wasn't getting to the FT line...just camping in the corner.

He can do that in Miami, and that's probably all the really expect from him. At the min, it's a good signing. Low risk, moderate reward.

LeMarcus
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
A trade doesn't get approved without the ACTING OWNER approving it - especially one of that magnitude

It was RETRACED because other owners of small market teams cried and complained.

-ITs a war between big market teams + players against small market owners

The ACTING OWNER is the league and that's why it got VETOED.

Just because the general managers agree in a trade doesn't mean it's official.

What are you not understanding?

And how does this back your claim tht the NBA is conspiring against the Lakers from improving and an apparent luxury tax that only effects LA??

shizzle09
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
its just silly that the nba allows a team to sign players when theyre over the cap. we'll take em though.

Tmath
07-10-2012, 05:53 PM
ahhahahahahah u still mad:eyebrow:

Not mad then, not mad now.

Miami was supposed to win, so... them winning wasn't a surprise, therefore imo wasn't impressive. Now that they will have even more talent, it is going to make it even less impressive if they win it again imo.

BigBongTheory
07-10-2012, 05:54 PM

The game is broke if we get Dwight.

netfan83
07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I know. Good thing Payton and Malone don't sign with LA.

Lakers fans crying now but none of them want to talk about the first mega team that they put together - 4 HOFers, 2 in their prime (Kobe and Shaq) and 2 still considered elite players (Malone and Payton). Everyone was predicting that team would go 82-0. Too bad they got their butts kicked in the Finals by a team from Detroit with no mega star players.

Marshallp22
07-10-2012, 05:56 PM
This comparing Lebron to diffrent players like Jordan and Magic gotta stop. The game has changed. Players are bigger, faster and stronger today so of course the talent level will be diffrent. It doesn't matter who MJ had on his team the fact is he did not do it alone, Magic,Bird,even Kobe had help!

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 05:57 PM
lol i find it funny that even tho miami signed him for the min hes getting paid 14mill nxt year lol

BigBongTheory
07-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Lakers fans crying now but none of them want to talk about the first mega team that they put together - 4 HOFers, 2 in their prime (Kobe and Shaq) and 2 still considered elite players (Malone and Payton). Everyone was predicting that team would go 82-0. Too bad they got their butts kicked in the Finals by a team from Detroit with no mega star players.

Not many Laker fans crying, It's not like the Nets are superior or slightly even to the Lakers so :shrug:

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Not mad then, not mad now.

Miami was supposed to win, so... them winning wasn't a surprise, therefore imo wasn't impressive. Now that they will have even more talent, it is going to make it even less impressive if they win it again imo.

okc was the favorite

so is kobes rings not impressive because 3 he got with shaq who won finals MVP and the last 2 he won he couldnt win it without gasol because before he got gasol he got knocked out in the first round 2 times and 1s missed the playoffs:eyebrow:

rcxa
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Add Content

hidalgo
07-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Gasol for freaking kwame brown, jerry west straight up fixing titles for LA there!

3 straight finals & 2 titles later, 0 love or credit to Gasol(it's always all kobe omg kobe so kewl!). it's pathetic how he's treated & veiwed by their weasel fans & the franchise itself.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM
10 MILLION$ in cap space is very valuable

The largest expiring contract in the NBA at the time - Kwame Brown - and the most talented young Center available was a great trade for Memphis and last time I checked it worked out pretty dang good for them

How can u argue with facts

you haven't shown any facts, the trade as lopsided at the time but you're an extremely biased laker fan.

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Gasol for freaking kwame brown, jerry west straight up fixing titles for LA there!

3 straight finals & 2 titles later, 0 love or credit to Gasol(it's always all kobe omg kobe so kewl!). it's pathetic how he's treated & veiwed by their weasel fans & the franchise itself.

THis

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:07 PM
The game is broke if we get Dwight.

dwight nash kobe gasol

cool but that will not break the game;)

hidalgo
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Rashard Lewis isn't any good anymore anyway, this is a worthless signing for miami. he'll only play if someone better like battier gets hurt

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
you haven't shown any facts, the trade as lopsided at the time but you're an extremely biased laker fan.

Lopsided from the perspective of a FAN with no conception or deep knowledge of the business side or talent side of assembling an NBA team.

YOu can't argue with RESULT or FACTS

The results are that Memphis is a very good team now and the facts are that the trade was NOT lopsided

case closed

Jay16
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM

Rodman , and shooters like Hodges and Kerr don't count as help right ?
Jordan didn't need help?!?!?!? Remember when he kept getting BOUNCED by DET. Untill he got help he didn't win. Get real.

hidalgo
07-10-2012, 06:13 PM
dwight nash kobe gasol

cool but that will not break the game;)no, they'd be impossible to beat, it would be an outrage really. actually nash kobe gasol bynum should win it all, that's already a super team and it was before nash got there

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Lopsided from the perspective of a FAN with no conception or deep knowledge of the business side or talent side of assembling an NBA team.

YOu can't argue with RESULT or FACTS

The results are that Memphis is a very good team now and the facts are that the trade was NOT lopsided

case closed

So memphis put all their trust in the hope of a euro big that never played in the league because those always translate very well in the nba, the result is good but at THAT time it was lopsided you're trying hard to rationalize so COTT damn hard.

Blink
07-10-2012, 06:15 PM

We didn't kick their butts....We whooped dat ***!

hidalgo
07-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Rodman , and shooters like Hodges and Kerr don't count as help right ?
Jordan didn't need help?!?!?!? Remember when he kept getting BOUNCED by DET. Untill he got help he didn't win. Get real.
none of jordan's PFs or Cs made so much as an allstar game when they won their 6 titles, not 1 allstar PF or C in 6 titles. the allstars were him & scottie alone for the 6 titles

ATX
07-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Rashard Lewis isn't any good anymore anyway, this is a worthless signing for miami. he'll only play if someone better like battier gets hurt

False and more false. Lewis will get PT at the 3 and the 4. He helps spread the floor. Think for example if he's in with a Lineup of LBJ, Wade, Allen, and Bosh. Lanes will be open for LeBron and Wade. Opposing PF and C will have to cover Bosh and Lewis outside of the paint. While I agree Lewis hasn't done much lately, he will be much more valuable in the MIA offense. Time will tell, but it certainly isn't a "Worthless signing". Lewis provides further versatility which the Heat need considering their lack of talented size. He will however be a liability on defense.

Evolution23
07-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Why didn't the Heat just go after a legit center?

hidalgo
07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
We didn't kick their butts....We whooped dat ***!yea that was great, the pistons had probably 0 hall of famers, & they beat the Lakers down like the stole something. shut kobe down like a woman. only Shaq really abused them, no one else. of course kobe refused to get Shaq the ball more

More-Than-Most
07-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Lol they could break the bulls wins in a season record....And I am being serious...How do you defend them????

Tmath
07-10-2012, 06:25 PM

They have Eddy Curry ;)

Glen20
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
They have Eddy Curry ;)

he is wonderful

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
So memphis put all their trust in the hope of a euro big that never played in the league because those always translate very well in the nba, the result is good but at THAT time it was lopsided you're trying hard to rationalize so COTT damn hard.

Again - you arent paid millions of dollars to scout NBA talent and make business decisions

Thats why they are and you arent

ATX
07-10-2012, 06:29 PM

No money

JWO35
07-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Someone to contend for the SF starting spot...they needed help there the longest :rolleyes:

Beantownsboss
07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
It's legit many sources have confirmed included fort lauderdale sun sentential. But he's a shell of his former self, and is washed up.

Beantownsboss
07-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Lol they could break the bulls wins in a season record....And I am being serious...How do you defend them????

Just ask Doc Rivers.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Again - you arent paid millions of dollars to scout NBA talent and make business decisions

Thats why they are and you arent

so why are teams always drafting busts?

ATX
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Just ask Doc Rivers.

I'm sorry, who won the East the past 2 years?

bucketss
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Someone to contend for the SF starting spot...they needed help there the longest :rolleyes:

he can play pf

Nighthawk
07-10-2012, 06:44 PM

They proved you dont need one. Haslem, Anthony, Pittman, J. Howard, Eddy Curry. Any one them will be fine for Miami when Bron, Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen are also on the court

PraiseJesus
07-10-2012, 06:46 PM
so why are teams always drafting busts?

Because not all teams have Jerry West doing the drafting

Mr.B
07-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Seems like Miami fans are acting like the Heat just signed Kobe Bryant or something. Lewis has been done for a couple of years now. Also wasn't he banging Labron's girlfriend a couple of years ago?

Beantownsboss
07-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry, who won the East the past 2 years?

So he still knows how to defend them. If we were healthy this year, you wouldn't be the champs this year.

ATX
07-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Seems like Miami fans are acting like the Heat just signed Kobe Bryant or something. Lewis has been done for a couple of years now. Also wasn't he banging Labron's girlfriend a couple of years ago?

No, but he adds to an already deep championship team. As for the LBJ girlfriend thing, haha, ya I heard about that...

piratepete
07-10-2012, 07:01 PM
soures say okc will cut perkins and he wants to join miami ill take him

ATX
07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
So he still knows how to defend them. If we were healthy this year, you wouldn't be the champs this year.

Hard to say, kinda a mute point. I will say that the Celts are the only team in the East that stands a chance against Miami, good draft, great depth, top coach. Still have Miami over Boston though in the East next year.

hestar
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM

All I can say is :facepalm:

ATX
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
soures say okc will cut perkins and he wants to join miami ill take him

:facepalm:

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
No, but he adds to an already deep championship team. As for the LBJ girlfriend thing, haha, ya I heard about that...

Yea what about that. Are the Heat trying to troll lebron?If so thats funny.

Anyways, Rashard Lewis hasnt helped a team in years.

He shot 38% from the field
23% from 3.
And averages more turnovers than assists, blocks and steals.
He is pretty much done.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Because not all teams have Jerry West doing the drafting

jerry west didn't draft gasol though do you even know jerry wests drafting results?

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 07:13 PM
jerry west didn't draft gasol though do you even know jerry wests drafting results?
Did he say he drafted gasol?

ATX
07-10-2012, 07:18 PM

23% from 3.
He is pretty much done.

While I can certainly see your point, I think he'll be motivated by playing next to Championship players such as LBJ/Wade/Bosh/Allen, and thus his production will rise.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Did he say he drafted gasol?

what the hell is your point?

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 07:19 PM

23% from 3.
He is pretty much done.

Ok. Anything lewis can give us is bonus. The defending champs just added ray allen.

wade
allen
battier
bron
bosh (http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png)

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Players productions dont rise on the Heat.
They usually always go down.

TheDoctor6
solid pickup and will come cheap since hes been robbing the nba for the past 6 years...vet min, wants a ring

bearadonisdna
what the hell is your point?

That ur putting words in his mouth

bucketss
07-10-2012, 07:25 PM
That ur putting words in his mouth

can you let him answer what are you his mother?

Slug3
07-10-2012, 07:27 PM

Any examples?

ATX
07-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Yes, sacrifice..

I'm not talking about pure +stats, rather becoming a team player, knowing your role, and coming through in big time situations, a la what we saw from LBJ/Wade/Bosh/Chalmers/Battier/Miller in the '12 playoffs. Lewis can fill a specific role, as Allen clearly does for Miami.

Valkyrie
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Lewis was injured last season

thats why his numbers sucked

We dont need him in prime form. Just knock down 3's and at least try on defense

NBAFan2012
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Soooo....

The Heat get Rashard Lewis for a mil something...(former all star)
The Knicks get JR Smith for a mil something. (potential 6th man)

and the Lakers get ...
...................Devin Ebanks for a Mil something? (will probably be demoted to the d-league throughout the season)

Does Jim Buss not see something wrong with this or am I the only one?

torocan
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Grats on the Lewis signing Heat fans. Very nice vet min pick up.

And for those complaining, Lewis is nice, but I would have been much more concerned if the Heat had scored Camby or another big C.

As for the Lakers... we'll see. They could still sneak in and get Dwight... that would be VERY interesting...

STL Don
07-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Damn if Lewis can ever regain his confidence, this team might not lose a game next season.....

Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole
Wade, Ray Allen
LBJ, Shane Battier, James Jones
Chris Bosh, Rashard Lewis
Udonis Haslem, Anthony, Hamilton
:drool:

bucketss
07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Soooo....

The Heat get Rashard Lewis for a mil something...(former all star)
The Knicks get JR Smith for a mil something. (potential 6th man)

and the Lakers get ...
...................Devin Ebanks for a Mil something? (will probably be demoted to the d-league throughout the season)

Does Jim Buss not see something wrong with this or am I the only one?

didn't you just get steve nash? or are you talking about guys with low salaries

AI
07-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Damn if Lewis can ever regain his confidence, this team might not lose a game next season.....

Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole
Wade, Ray Allen
LBJ, Shane Battier, James Jones
Chris Bosh, Rashard Lewis
Udonis Haslem, Anthony, Hamilton
:drool:

Have to agree, that is a sexy roster.

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't get this signing. Last season they needed a PG and a C, so Riley went out and picked up Batttier? Seriously? They already had TWO SFs!!! LBJ and Miller. Then this season they need a PG and a C, and they pick up... a shooting guard? They already have D-Wade? And then ANOTHER forward? They already have Bosh and Haslem and James and Miller and Battier. How is Lewis going to get any time? I mean, having Allen backing up Wade gives them something extra in the rotation, but Lewis? SMH. Riley has no fawking clue what he is doing. He could have pressed hard to get Camby but instead he uses th MLE for improve a postition he was already set at, and then uses a vet min. to pick up a forward when he already has 5 fowards. WTF is going on with this guy?

Miami needs a center!!!! Camby should have been their number one priority, and I'm sure he would have gone to Miami had they made him the MLE offer instead of Allen.

These moves aren't really helping Miami get any better.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Have to agree, that is a sexy roster.

sorry man but even as a heat fan i just dont see it
would much rather have camby

ATX
07-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't get this signing. Last season they needed a PG and a C, so Riley went out and picked up Batttier? Seriously? They already had TWO SFs!!! LBJ and Miller. Then this season they need a PG and a C, and they pick up... a shooting guard? They already have D-Wade? And then ANOTHER forward? They already have Bosh and Haslem and James and Miller and Battier. How is Lewis going to get any time? I mean, having Allen backing up Wade gives them something extra in the rotation, but Lewis? SMH. Riley has no fawking clue what he is doing. He could have pressed hard to get Camby but instead he uses th MLE for improve a postition he was already set at, and then uses a vet min. to pick up a forward when he already has 5 fowards. WTF is going on with this guy?

Miami needs a center!!!! Camby should have been their number one priority, and I'm sure he would have gone to Miami had they made him the MLE offer instead of Allen.

They don't yet know about Miller and Jones. Couldn't disagree more that these moves don't help Miami.

MTL_123
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM

ahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahah ahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahha hahahahhhahahahahhahahhahahahha

btw we dont need a PG and didnt miami just win. Oh ya and the pat riley thing ahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaha hhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaha hahah

LayZbone
07-10-2012, 08:23 PM

:laugh2:

Relax, we just won the title largely because Lebron developed a nasty post game and our shooters were knocking down 3s like nobody's business. Camby was definitely a priority over Lewis, but he chose NYK. Allen and Lewis add more floor spacers to this team.

I don't mind that we're stacked at the 2-4. If anything, it's a great insurance policy if any of our big 3 goes down with injury. We don't need a traditional PG, that much has been proven. Chalmers is a clutch lil mofo, Cole will get better, and Lebron/Wade are great playmakers. I would like a big body down low to throw at D12 if he ends up in BK or LA....but i can live with one flaw when the rest of our roster is stupid raw. There's so much versatility with this lineup, i wouldn't be suprised if Lebron and Bosh spend most of their minutes at the 4 and 5 respectively. It worked late in the playoffs.

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen
Battier/Lewis
Lebron/Haslem
Bosh/Anthony

Miller might retire.

TylerSL
07-10-2012, 08:26 PM
damnit, that means we are going to play him....

TylerSL
07-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Its ok since its for the minimum but meh. Not much on Rashard Lewis personally.

Losoway
07-10-2012, 08:32 PM
if you dont think lewis will do good on the heat your crazy

all he has to do is pop at the perimeter

scary

TylerSL
07-10-2012, 08:44 PM
if you dont think lewis will do good on the heat your crazy

all he has to do is pop at the perimeter

scary

I'm just meh on him. I hope he does great.

BoSox47
07-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Last season rashard shot .385 from the field and .239 from beyond the arc. I doubt he gets much playing time especially if these numbers start showing up again

beasted86
07-10-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm just meh on him. I hope he does great.

Same here.

I'm more looking forward to a bounce back season from Haslem than hoping Lewis can find his game again.

TylerSL
07-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Same here.

I'm more looking forward to a bounce back season from Haslem than hoping Lewis can find his game again.

Hell yea, I want to see UD get his swag back. And if Miller can get his back rest, and then come back and be able to stay on the floor (I dont believe he is going to retire) then we wont need Lewis IMO. Obviously if Miller cant stay on the floor or actually does retire, Lewis could help, but again I'm just meh on him. James Jones could help fill the void too.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Same here.

****, that would be nice.

TylerSL
07-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Last season rashard shot .385 from the field and .239 from beyond the arc. I doubt he gets much playing time especially if these numbers start showing up again

I hope. The last thing we need is another Bibby.........all the bad memories coming back now..

:pity:

otwisted
07-10-2012, 09:17 PM

Not a grammer Nazi just something i notice a lot on PSD, people using ect. It's Etc as in Et Cetera. Carry on.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 09:24 PM
sorry man but even as a heat fan i just dont see it
would much rather have camby

camby rather have cash in his pocket than a ring on his finger

ryang
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Not a grammer Nazi just something i notice a lot on PSD, people using ect. It's Etc as in Et Cetera. Carry on.

but you understood my post right?? thanks didnt even notice i was typing it that way..

3ballbomber
07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
camby rather have cash in his pocket than a ring on his finger
eerr, perhaps he would also rather beat heat than join them. ever thought of that? not every player wants to join the heat

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM

lmao are you fawking kidding me? you sound like you have no clue what you're talking about. i'm not even gonna bother with everything else thats wrong with your post.

WadeKobe
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM

The owner of a team blocked a bad trade for that team....

I'm sorry it sucks. Get the **** over it already.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 09:48 PM
eerr, perhaps he would also rather beat heat than join them. ever thought of that? not every player wants to join the heat

yup it had nothing to do with money or fit,city, the whole reason he joined the knicks was to fulfill his ever ending quest to beat the heat!! no other team just the heat!!!

WadeKobe
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM

Los Angeles had every possibility to make the same moves Miami did. No one blocked them from getting better. Miami isn't "allowed" to do anything that Los Angeles isn't allowed to do.

Miami has done this via free agency. Los Angeles has tried to do it through trade-raping teams with no leverage. The team decided not to get trade-raped.

You are so ridiculous it is amazing.

Bring The Heat
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Many people contradict themselves on this board... Most of the people on here weren't even picking the Heat to win the finals against the Thunder nevertheless even get there in the first place.... Not all of a sudden this season we are going to be unstoppable, undefeated, the league is a joke and we are a super team lol...

And everyone talking about the league competition being gone? No one was complaining when the Bulls dominated the NBA and won 3 straight championships... till this day own the best season record of ALL TIME... And you as a fan back then already knew who was going to win before the season even started! I remember as a fan knowing nobody could beat the bulls and them just destroying everybody...

The Lakers winning 3 straight with Shaq/Kobe and no one complaining about competition... The Spurs and their dynasty of the 2000's winning multiple championships... Since when has their been competitive balance anyway? You call that balance?

The Heat win one championship and all of a sudden its gone lol doesn't make sense to me...

WadeKobe
07-10-2012, 10:01 PM

It's like people don't get it.

We don't have any problems at PG -- Chalmers proved that in the Finals, and he's always been very solid defensively.

We don't have problems at C either...

Chris Bosh is our C, and he's arguably a top5 Center in the NBA
LeBron is our PF, and he's the best at whatever position you put him at other than Center, in the entire NBA.

We moved on last year. We challenged LeBron to learn the post so he could play the 4, and we challenged Bosh to man up and play the 5. Both responded, and both responded fantastically. People need to catch up and get on board with what Miami is doing.

Fnom11
07-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Dwight doesn't want you.

YashBoone
07-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Guess they just decided, Fuxk a center. We don't need one.... It definitely fits their style of play.

Fnom11
07-10-2012, 10:17 PM

Done.

I don't doubt you actually believe this.

aussie
07-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Heat are gonna be tough to beat

3ballbomber
07-10-2012, 10:23 PM
yup it had nothing to do with money or fit,city, the whole reason he joined the knicks was to fulfill his ever ending quest to beat the heat!! no other team just the heat!!!
& i quote:

don't get ahead of yourself there. I said maybe he would 'ALSO' rather beat the Heat than join them. I never said he 'DIDN'T' do it for the money nor did i say he was 'Preoccupied' with beating Miami as you made it out to be. Again, not everybody wants to join Miami.

MetroMan
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/heat/story/2012-07-10/veteran-rashard-lewis-to-sign-with-heat/56136716/1

MIAMI (AP) – Rashard Lewis will join the Miami Heat, becoming yet another shooting option for the reigning NBA champions.

If this thread was already made close it. Metroman was busy fighting too much crime today

shizzle09
07-10-2012, 10:57 PM

um winning!!! do you realize how bad you sound???? Riley is pure genius.

dodie53
07-10-2012, 11:30 PM
damn.
good offseason for the heat so far

THE MTL
07-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Eh, it is a good pickup for the Heat but it doesnt change much. Rashard Lewis is barely going to play with the Heat's roster. He'll be playing behind Battier who plays behind Lebron James. And Lebron gets about 40mpg. He quite possibly could be playing behind Mike Miller as well.

gotoHcarolina52
07-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Eh, it is a good pickup for the Heat but it doesnt change much. Rashard Lewis is barely going to play with the Heat's roster. He'll be playing behind Battier who plays behind Lebron James. And Lebron gets about 40mpg. He quite possibly could be playing behind Mike Miller as well.

No

bucketss
07-10-2012, 11:59 PM

lewis would be playing pf i would assume.

piratepete
07-11-2012, 12:33 AM
i dont understand why everyone complaing like baby your not riley and you dont make 8 millon a year for it riley is a bad *** and last year every one was complain we had no bench will now we do and aim sure their a center coming he like to play chest and his king all wins i love this move bringing a 6 /10 shooters always well come here are you kidding
me i see three players inv in a trade ,,,,,,,,,,cya

FriedTofuz
07-11-2012, 12:35 AM
miller, chalmers, allen, lewis, jones, all very good 3 point shooters. Gosh waht has the nba turned too

HoodedSB
07-11-2012, 12:40 AM
*delete me mods*

mRc08
07-11-2012, 01:01 AM
meh he sucks

Losoway
07-11-2012, 01:30 AM
i cant wait till this season of basketball!!!

utl768
07-11-2012, 03:32 AM
Waste of a roster spot

Can't see him contributing or even getting that much playing time

BrandoCommando
07-11-2012, 03:38 AM

Wow.

Not just plenty of offense, they also play D... Scary team.

faridk89
07-11-2012, 03:43 AM

(Via @dru_star)

Lewis got way more swag than Allen hahaha

Losoway
07-11-2012, 03:47 AM
lewis is gonna beast in miami

when you play with great players less pressure . you just have one job

Storch
07-11-2012, 03:56 AM
He's way past his prime but will be a great roll player for them. Good signing Heat.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-11-2012, 04:01 AM

I forgot free agents were allowed to sign with any team except the Heat. Thanks for the reminder.

dwadefan45
07-11-2012, 04:51 AM

CP3 and Dwight weren't/aren't free agents.....

Hornets wouldn't have gotten enough young talent in return for the CP3 trade.

JoeyDubb23
07-11-2012, 09:08 AM
wait didn't rashard Lewis bang lebrons girl during the 2011 playoffs or something like that? Now there gonna be teammates?

Glen20
07-11-2012, 09:12 AM
wait didn't rashard Lewis bang lebrons girl during the 2011 playoffs or something like that? Now there gonna be teammates?

rumour
although i do wonder how it came to be

kind of similar actually to how people started saying the knicks window for a championship was opening...

mjm07
07-11-2012, 09:13 AM
rumour

kind of similar actually to how people started saying the knicks window for a championship was opening...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:dance:

DitchDat
07-11-2012, 09:15 AM
So much 3-point shooting on that bench now.

Terry vs. Miller, Jones, Battier, Allen and Lewis.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2012, 09:19 AM
People were calling this guy a bum for the last couple of years. Now I see some people are complaining? :laugh2:

Glen20
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
People were calling this guy a bum for the last couple of years. Now I see some people are complaining? :laugh2:

ehh i still think he's a bum

DitchDat
07-11-2012, 09:25 AM

It's the name more than the game I think. Another former big fish in the Miami Heat pond.

JoeyDubb23
07-11-2012, 12:02 PM
rumour

Our window didnt open by filling all of our needs this off-season?

Yea u guys gave it to us in the playoffs this year, but we will be coming back at you guys harder this year with a much deeper team.

Stinkyoutsider
07-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Good pickup for the Heat. Now they need to find a center instead of hoping Bosh will play it full time. I guess it could work though if Garnett played center all last year...