PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Nets discussion extension with Lopez

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Nets have been negotiating an extension with Brook Lopez and could ultimately complete the deal in the next 48 hours, sources say

FINALLY! I hope the Nets make a deadline on Dwightmare by midnight tonight and move on. I am in the small minority of Nets fans that actually want to see Lopez develop into a future All-Star. If we get Dwight, awesome but we need to MOVE ON and not risk our relationship with the players we have (Marshon, Lopez, Hump if he signs for less than what he wants)

my B on the grammar of the title. Nets discuss*

Badluck33
07-10-2012, 02:42 PM
keeping Lopez along with the rest of the Nets roster is the smartest thing they can do.

I am also in that minority.

310Casper
07-10-2012, 02:43 PM
keeping Lopez along with the rest of the Nets roster is the smartest thing they can do.

I am also in that minority.

nicegoing
07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Hahaha DoMeFavors might never post again if this deal doesn't go through.

waveycrockett
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Cant afford to lose out on Lopez.

jmoney85
07-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I wouldnt mind keeping lopez and proving the haters wrong

D12 fan
07-10-2012, 02:51 PM
This doesn't mean anything,they would have to sign n trade Lopez either way.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 02:53 PM

Please understand trade logistics before saying "it doesn't mean anything." An EXTENSION means extending with the team. Once signed on the team, you cannot be traded until Dec 15. Just like Gerald Wallace. An extension would mean, done with Dwight trade.

shep33
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
With or without Dwight the Nets have a solid team.

310Casper
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM

why would they "HAVE TO" sign & trade lopez?

Are you saying its not possible for the Nets to sign him and keep him.

jmoney85
07-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Please understand trade logistics before saying "it doesn't mean anything." An EXTENSION means extending with the team. Once signed on the team, you cannot be traded until Dec 15. Just like Gerald Wallace. An extension would mean, done with Dwight trade.

no you have 48 hours after hes signed before waiting to dec 15

bowdown27
07-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't want dwight going to the nets but honestly the nets in the long run could be better off keeping lopez around. When he is healthy, he is definitely a top 5 center. With deron staying and picking up gerald wallace and joe johnson lopez will only benefit from these moves

oak2455
07-10-2012, 02:58 PM

I think Lopez is better **** D12 ,plus who knows how is back is from all the surgery and Dwill:D

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 02:58 PM

Wait, really? I believe you but do you have a link somewhere about the specifics?
If you're right then SIGN the extension! So we have a 48 hour deadline to get this done or move on haha

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I think Lopez is better **** D12 ,plus who knows how is back is from all the surgery and Dwill:D

He is no way better than Dwight. That is plain homerism.

jmoney85
07-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Wait, really? I believe you but do you have a link somewhere about the specifics?
If you're right then SIGN the extension! So we have a 48 hour deadline to get this done or move on haha

im 100% positive you have 48 hours to trade the player after hes signed

jmoney85
07-10-2012, 03:01 PM

hes a knicks fan trolling us

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 03:01 PM
I wouldnt mind keeping lopez and proving the haters wrong

Who are the haters?

daboywonder2002
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM

offensively he may be. but everything else, its all howard(defense, rebounding, shot blocking, intimidating presence)

jmoney85
07-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Who are the haters?

95% of PSD posters that called lopez "trash" and the potential trade deal "trash"

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Who are the haters?

About 80-90% of the posts I've seen on here bashes Lopez. The Lopez haters

JLynn943
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't know what the Nets cap situation is like, but a lineup of Deron/JJ/Wallace/Humphries/Lopez would be good. Having Dwight (and J-Rich) would be better imo, but they'd still be a very formidable team.

luke21
07-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Slow down meat......your usually wrong about things on here(you've been saying its over for 4 days with Howard to Nets). I've said since this all started he will end up as a Laker. Orlando can't pass on Bynum and him most likely opting out next summer and re-signing with them as they could offer him a max deal.I love Deron but JJ is a 30 percent 3pt shooter who hides when the gm is on the line(ask ATL) and Wallace is solid but no star, so to say the Nets are "solid" is a stretch. Playoffs???? It's not hard when 8 teams in each conference make the playoffs......LOL

Too many many players and moving parts for Nets acquire D12. He won't be a Net ever!!!!! He has to big of a ego to leave 25 mill on the table from L.A(3 kids 3 women) and take a major paycut to join Brooklyn next year as a free agent.

Where is that bum Domefavors @ now with his video laughing at D12 going to Lakers now??????? Run and hide.

oak2455
07-10-2012, 03:10 PM

I'm not a Nets fan, but I think instead of gutting your team for D12 keep your guys and sign Lopez

daboywonder2002
07-10-2012, 03:13 PM

When a team initiates a sign-and-trade agreement, it must trade the signed player immediately; teams cannot renege on the arrangement and keep the player for themselves, using the other team's financial situation to leverage the signee into a more favorable deal for themselves. Also, the contract signed before the trade must be for at least 3 years, with the first year guaranteed.

If a newly-signed player is not part of a sign-and-trade, his new team cannot trade him until December 15 of the calendar year in which he was signed or three months after the date on which he signed, whichever arrives later.

IVgramps
07-10-2012, 03:13 PM

Agreed. The nets should keep lopez as a legit third option for this team. I love that dwight doesn't want to play w/ kobe because of who will get more touches, but we all know that D-will and Mean Joe are the better offenders and will (should) get more touches then dwight.

Stick w/ lopez. All he needs is to watch Little giants and put some glue on his hands to grab those BOARDS!!!

tp13baby
07-10-2012, 03:14 PM
I like New Jersey without D12. I believe they are a 4-5 seed right now.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
When a team initiates a sign-and-trade agreement, it must trade the signed player immediately; teams cannot renege on the arrangement and keep the player for themselves, using the other team's financial situation to leverage the signee into a more favorable deal for themselves. Also, the contract signed before the trade must be for at least 3 years, with the first year guaranteed.

If a newly-signed player is not part of a sign-and-trade, his new team cannot trade him until December 15 of the calendar year in which he was signed or three months after the date on which he signed, whichever arrives later.

That's what I thought man. Thanks for clearing it up

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm not a Nets fan, but I think instead of gutting your team for D12 keep your guys and sign Lopez

And I agree. You are wrong though that it is "gutting our team" Lopez and Brooks would be the players on our team we would trade. All the others involved (Sundiata, Damion Jones, Shelden Williams, etc) are all just sign and trades. We probably would not have signed them on our roster anyway. Although Shelden might come back if he accepts cheap money. He did have to start 55 games for us HAHA

jmoney85
07-10-2012, 03:21 PM

can I have the source of this article

waveycrockett
07-10-2012, 03:21 PM
And I agree. You are wrong though that it is "gutting our team" Lopez and Brooks would be the players on our team we would trade. All the others involved (Sundiata, Damion Jones, Shelden Williams, etc) are all just sign and trades. We probably would not have signed them on our roster anyway. Although Shelden might come back if he accepts cheap money. He did have to start 55 games for us HAHA

about 3 1st round picks in the next 2 years.

njnets
07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Hahaha DoMeFavors might never post again if this deal doesn't go through.

thats not a bad thing lol

AddiX
07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Ok, seriously, what fcking world do the people who say keeping Lopez and not trading those other role-players is beter for the nets than getting Dwight?

Sad part, is most of you saying this, ain't even trolling..

C-Style
07-10-2012, 03:35 PM
So let me get this straight.... Nets have a dealine(july 11) to sign Lopez or else he becomes a UFA? If he does get signed, he can't be traded no longer unless a trade happens immediatly?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-10-2012, 03:50 PM
So let me get this straight.... Nets have a dealine(july 11) to sign Lopez or else he becomes a UFA? If he does get signed, he can't be traded no longer unless a trade happens immediatly?

1st question, No. 2nd question, Yes (until Dec 15)

daboywonder2002
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM

good old wikipedia. nba salary cap seems legit enough though http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nba_salary_cap

daboywonder2002
07-10-2012, 04:47 PM
here's another article. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1253033-the-dallas-mavericks-should-sign-brook-lopez

By signing Lopez to a max offer sheet the Nets wouldn't be able to use him in any sign and trade deals with Orlando. If a restricted free agent is signed to an offer sheet by another team, and the team that owns his rights matches, they cannot trade that player till December 15 or three months after the deal is signed, whichever comes later. It's a strategy the Toronto Raptors used when they signed Landry Fields to an offer sheet, taking away a trade chip from the New York Knicks in their pursuit of Steve Nash.

slynxpac
07-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Y! Sources: As time's running out on a Howard deal for Brooklyn, Brook Lopez nears agreement on max contract with Nets.

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 11:56 PM

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha!!

umm no...

slynxpac
07-10-2012, 11:58 PM
LarryCoon Larry Coon
If Nets are working on a deal with Lopez. they're giving Orlando an ultimatum -- and a deadline.

kblo247
07-10-2012, 11:59 PM
If they sign him, they can't trade Brook for a year without his permission and he is BYC meaning his salary number counts for half in trades

kblo247
07-11-2012, 12:15 AM
What's your reaction Kobe Bryant? http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23288905.jpg

oak2455
07-11-2012, 12:16 AM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/11/3150773/nets-ready-to-sign-lopez-to-max-deal

Adrian Wojnarowski writes that Billy King, after signing Deron Williams to his max contract on Tuesday night in Las Vegas, will travel to Los Angeles to do the same with Brook Lopez. The deal would be for four years and $58 million or five years and $75 million.

The door is not closed on a possible trade for Dwight Howard, but it will be once Lopez is signed. The Nets are either out of the picture or trying to pressure the Magic into making a deal right now.

Orlando has refocused its trade talks for Howard with the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets, and the Nets are starting to believe that Magic general manager Rob Hennigan simply wants to do a deal elsewhere, sources said. Clearly, the Nets are pushing hard on Lopez’s deal to apply pressure to Orlando, but there’s nothing left for them to offer Orlando that they haven’t already made available to them.

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

*Silver&Black*
07-11-2012, 12:16 AM
LarryCoon Larry Coon
If Nets are working on a deal with Lopez. they're giving Orlando an ultimatum -- and a deadline.

:laugh2:

kblo247
07-11-2012, 12:17 AM
What is your reaction Mitch Kupchak?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/23237688.jpg

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 12:17 AM
A max deal for Brook Lopez...my god the guy has barely played any nba games. What is the nba turning into, the stupidity is off the charts. Please say this is a bluff to get Dwight. :pity:

DragonJaii
07-11-2012, 12:19 AM
pretty good price

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Smart move. 24 yr. old that can get 20/8 and shoots around 50% and hits FTs. Whether it's a bluff or not. Let me ask this, how many times did Lopez get injured in his career? b/c to my recollection he's been injury free before the foot issue, no?

kblo247
07-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Yao was injury free before the foot injury

Procision
07-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Lmao

*Superman*
I think Lopez is better **** D12

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee212/RedSoxPrince/mj-laughing.gif

KniCks4LiFe
Yao was injury free before the foot injury

Bynum was injury free before his? *Kanye shrug*

bholly

I just wanted to jump in and re-clarify this, because there's always someone who doesn't take it on board.
Jmoney: a sign-and-trade contract is different to a regular contract. It involves the information about the sign-and-trade. It's literally, physically different. In particular, as well as the regular contract, it includes who you're going to be traded to.

If you sign a sign-and-trade contract, the team has 48 hours for the trade to go through or the contract is nullified. That's where the 48 hours comes from.
(Source: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q88)

If you sign a regular contract, the team can't trade the player for three months or until Dec 15 (whichever is later).
(Source: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97, bullet point 5)

If you sign a regular contract that meets certain conditions (which I believe Lopez does), the team can't trade the player for three months or until Jan 15 (whichever is later).
(Source: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97, bullet point 6)

Also, everyone, fwiw - THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION. Even if some reporters used that word, Lopez is a free agent. He doesn't have a contract left to extend. This is a new contract, not an extension.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:24 AM
A max deal for Brook Lopez...my god the guy has barely played any nba games. What is the nba turning into, the stupidity is off the charts. Please say this is a bluff to get Dwight. :pity:

3 straight seasons without missing a game until this season

JIDsanity
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Good, the whole Dwight thing is irritating. LA's problem now

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I didn't realize that. That's how much no one cared about the Nets in NY. Sorry. :laugh:

82 games yr.1
82 games yr.2
82 games yr.3

Last season he had a foot injury. So Lopez isn't injury prone. The Yao comparison is so off.

Vinylman
07-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Bynum was injury free before his? *Kanye shrug*

if you are talking about his knee injuries as a Laker then the answer is NO...

he had 2 knee procedures before leaving high school

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 12:35 AM
The people who say that Brook Lopez is a bum show me their low level of basketball knowledge. The man can average around 20 points a game. I get the rebound thing, blah blah blah, players have their flaws, but not many can average 20 ppg. Even his free throws are excellent for a big man. Brook Lopez as a 3rd option is scary.

Whether this deal goes down with Dwight or not I know my team will have a very good center.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:36 AM
bynum had 2 knee procedures in high school?!?!?!?

wow no wonder the lakers are trying to get dwight

they are trying to pawn bynum off before his knees are shot

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:37 AM
The people who say that Brook Lopez is a bum show me their low level of basketball knowledge. The man can average around 20 points a game. I get the rebound thing, blah blah blah, players have their flaws, but not many can average 20 ppg. Even his free throws are excellent for a big man. Brook Lopez as a 3rd option is scary.

Whether this deal goes down with Dwight or not I know my team will have a very good center.

its not even like brook was a slouch rebounding his 1st two seasons..

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 12:38 AM

Nobody said the guy is a bum but he doesn't deserve a max contract not even close. He is a solid center but doesn't do much to make his team better. The contract is my gripe; the guy has a good future.

Fireworld
07-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Finally!!

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 12:39 AM
bynum had 2 knee procedures in high school?!?!?!?

wow no wonder the lakers are trying to get dwight

they are trying to pawn bynum off before his knees are shot

Honestly I'd still trade for Bynum anyone on my Knicks roster not named Lin or Shumpert.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Nobody said the guy is a bum but he doesn't deserve a max contract not even close. He is a solid center but doesn't do much to make his team better. The contract is my gripe; the guy has a good future.

if lopez isnt worth 14.5 than chandler isnt worth 15

C-Style
07-11-2012, 12:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-near-contract-agreement-with-brook-lopez.html

not sure if it was posted

KniCks4LiFe
07-11-2012, 12:42 AM

he doesn't deserve a max contract but Roy Hibbert does? Hibbert is 12/8/2 and is about to be making near 19M per, Lopez is potentially 20/8/1 a game. You have to scratch out 2012, he played 5 games and stepped on a court for show.

SouthSideRookie

He gives it right back on the other end, that's what the Brook supporters are ignoring.

TeamSeattle

Chandler had atleast won a championship the year before and was counted as a leading contributor for it. Plus he just won DPY last year, so do you really want to take it there.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 12:43 AM
its not even like brook was a slouch rebounding his 1st two seasons..

8.5 rebounds a game is still a bit low for me but I get what you're saying. The kid had two crazy seasons. One freak foot injury, Dwight looming, and then his off season with mono. He's a great player and many are inept to realize such. If we don't acquire Dwight I promise Brook will make every poster on this board and every idiotic writer wrong.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Chandler had atleast won a championship the year before and was counted as a leading contributor for it. Plus he just won DPY last year, so do you really want to take it there.

tony allen is an elite defender.... does he deserve 15 million a year?

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:45 AM
He gives it right back on the other end, that's what the Brook supporters are ignoring.

you're wrong

KniCks4LiFe

I loved Chandler's defense but I still shake my head how he won that b/c the Knicks D was that bad. There was LeBron James on MIA, and Ibaka in OKC, Tony Allen in MEM, what about William Avery on BOS who had better contributions, hell Shump was the Knicks best defender period.

Kenny

comparing Chandler to Lopez is just laughable. Chandler makes all the teams he is on better he is a champion and a DPOY. Now trying to be a gold medalist.

Brook Lopez was recently on a 12-70 team

Kenny
07-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I loved Chandler's defense but I still shake my head how he won that b/c the Knicks D was that bad. There was LeBron James on MIA, and Ibaka in OKC who had better contributions.

The Knicks defense was like 6th in the NBA this season. Try turning on a Knick game this season you definetly didn't watch last year

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM
comparing Chandler to Lopez is just laughable. Chandler makes all the teams he is on better he is a champion and a DPOY. Now trying to be a gold medalist.

Brook Lopez was recently on a 12-70 team

he doesnt make all the teams he was on better.... the dude was on waivers before dallas picked him up.... and the knicks were a 7 seed last season... and lets be real thats the 1st and last DPOY he will win and he only won because of dwightmare and his injury

SouthSideRookie
07-11-2012, 12:48 AM
you're wrong

Do you want me to post an Insider on Brook Lopez from Hollinger, It will probably take me some time but I'll do it.

Kenny
07-11-2012, 12:49 AM
he doesnt make all the teams he was on better.... the dude was on waivers before dallas picked him up.... and the knicks were a 7 seed last season... and lets be real thats the 1st and last DPOY he will win and he only won because of dwightmare and his injury

Go read up on what Chris Paul says about Chandler when he was with the Hornets. So what if he doesn't win another one. If you don't think he makes a huge impact on the game then you don't appreciate basketball and just look at boxscores. He was by far the most consistent and best Knick player last year

beliges
Chandler isnt the player he was a few years ago and Lopez was never the player Chandler used to be. You guys are arguing about two role players here. Solid role players but absolutely nothing more than just role players. Look, if Orlando trades Dwight to the Nets, its not because they want to acquire Lopez in a deal. Its because that is their only option given Howard's requests. Neither Chandler nor Lopez are players you build around.

piratepete
at this point i think howard is fool of it and he has said he wont sign an exe with none of the other teams exp the nets so if he doesnt come now he be their on his own the folowing
year for nothing i find it hard to belive .

if he was traded to LA he wouldnt stay thats bull **** . to me hes a cry baby with a ****t
up back as of now i would try to make a trade for love **** howard

KniCks4LiFe
The Knicks defense was like 6th in the NBA this season. Try turning on a Knick game this season you definetly didn't watch last year

motherf..... do you not read my screen name? You think I forgot how more important and untalked about guys like Jefferies and Shumpert and Billy Walker were. And yes even JR Smith, even though he always winded up putting a hand on a shooter's elbow drawing 3 pt. plays and 4 pt. plays?:eyebrow: It wasn't just Chandler playing D.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Do you want me to post an Insider on Brook Lopez from Hollinger, It will probably take me some time but I'll do it.

yea advanced stats from a terrible team... that really shows what brook does on the court.... not

SouthSideRookie
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
yea advanced stats from a terrible team... that really shows what brook does on the court.... not

Hmm ok.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Chandler isnt the player he was a few years ago and Lopez was never the player Chandler used to be. You guys are arguing about two role players here. Solid role players but absolutely nothing more than just role players. Look, if Orlando trades Dwight to the Nets, its not because they want to acquire Lopez in a deal. Its because that is their only option given Howard's requests. Neither Chandler nor Lopez are players you build around.

lopez is more than a role player

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 12:53 AM

While I understand he plays below average defense hes not as bad as people are making it out to be. Also, what PF has ever played next to Brook to help him out on defense? The whole entire Nets team was lacking on defense. He needs to improve defending under the basket and one on one defense for sure, but once he does hes a dominant Center in the league.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 12:54 AM
im sorry but defending and rebounding is starting to become the most overrated thing on PSD

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 12:56 AM

Thats asinine, there is no "role player" in the NBA that can average 18-20 points per game.

Knicks21
07-11-2012, 12:56 AM
im sorry but defending and rebounding is starting to become the most overrated thing on PSD

Its more important than scoring.

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Feel sorry for the nets! They won't go far but they'll always be in the pack which means no picks and no cap space. Atlanta haws 2.0

NYsFinest
07-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Thats asinine, there is no "role player" in the NBA that can average 18-20 points per game.

Jr Smith would average 18-20ppg on that team...

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
If the Lakers pull this off i'll be very impressed! Wish Toronto had that type of management:(

jmoney85

if it was more important than scoring all of those defensive players would have max contracts instead of the pure scorers

beliges
lopez is more than a role player

Well, he's certainly never been a star player, nor a player that teams can build around and succeed. He's been nothing more than a role player thus far in his career. If you could plug Lopez on any team, I dont think he would be the best player on a single team in the league.

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2012, 01:00 AM

Agreed and if you look at the playoffs it was!

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 01:00 AM

if Jr smith could average 18-20 ppg on any team he wouldnt be signing for near minimum money

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Well, he's certainly never been a star player, nor a player that teams can build around and succeed. He's been nothing more than a role player thus far in his career. If you could plug Lopez on any team, I dont think he would be the best player on a single team in the league.

you will see this season my friend :)

JOhnnyTHaJet

Hmmm, so would you say that Serge Ibaka is better than Dirk? Since Dirk is strictly a scorer who lacks defense and Ibaka is a defender who lacks offense.

waveycrockett

Brook Lopez abuses Chandler when they play

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=lopezbr01

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 01:05 AM

You know nothing.

mRc08
07-11-2012, 01:07 AM
i feel like if the dwight deal went through today every net fan would be ecstatic.... would people really want to keep lopez over dwight? or are they just trying to convince themselves at this point since it looks like the nets may not land their marquee free agent?

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 01:10 AM

BS

Kills Your Boy NOAH
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=noahjo01&p2=lopezbr01

Kills BYnum
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01

vs Horford slight edge to Brook
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=horfoal01&p2=lopezbr01

better than Hibbert
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=hibbero01&p2=lopezbr01

beats out Marc Gasol
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=gasolma01&p2=lopezbr01

jmoney85
Brook Lopez abuses Chandler when they play

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=lopezbr01

raped

JOhnnyTHaJet
i feel like if the dwight deal went through today every net fan would be ecstatic.... would people really want to keep lopez over dwight? or are they just trying to convince themselves at this point since it looks like the nets may not land their marquee free agent?

What I am saying at least is that even though I'd LOVE to have Dwight on my team, Lopez isnt that bad of a fall back option by any means, especially with the players we recently signed/acquired.

No convincing of myself here, I've been saying this all along.

waveycrockett

Dwight is elite but Lopez is no slouch

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 01:12 AM

yea I would love dwight but im not going to lose sleep if we dont get him

I believe in lopez

SouthSideRookie
07-11-2012, 01:13 AM
While I understand he plays below average defense hes not as bad as people are making it out to be. Also, what PF has ever played next to Brook to help him out on defense? The whole entire Nets team was lacking on defense. He needs to improve defending under the basket and one on one defense for sure, but once he does hes a dominant Center in the league.

Im not saying he is a bad player because he obviously has talent. From Orlando's prospective though it just wouldn't make sense to commit to a player that is looking to sign for the amout he's looking for.

His defense isn't very good and neither is his rebounding but the main concern for the Magic is that he's coming off an injury that kept him out for most of the year.

Also for the people that are comparing Brook to Tyson don't realize that it's totally a different set of circumstances. The Knicks are a team that is looking to contend and felt that Chandler was worth the investment which he has been, he's been a big difference-maker on defense. The Magic are looking to start all over and begin the rebuilding process so a commitment to Lopez wouldn't be a prudent investment.

mRc08
07-11-2012, 01:13 AM
What I am saying at least is that even though I'd LOVE to have Dwight on my team, Lopez isnt that bad of a fall back option by any means, especially with the players we recently signed/acquired.

No convincing of myself here, I've been saying this all along.

I see where your coming from. I gotta say its gotta be getting exhausting as a nets fan with this back and forth dwight crap.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I see where your coming from. I gotta say its gotta be getting exhausting as a nets fan with this back and forth dwight crap.

I have a years worth of experience with it, its just gone on and on forever. After awhile (at least for me), you just got to stop listening to reporters, and just wait it out.

One day its no Dwight, the nexts its Dwight 100%, in all honesty I dont think these reporters really know the complete truth of whats going on.

But like I said prior, no matter who my team ends up with as the starting Center, I will be very happy with them.

mRc08
07-11-2012, 01:23 AM
I have a years worth of experience with it, its just gone on and on forever. After awhile (at least for me), you just got to stop listening to reporters, and just wait it out.

One day its no Dwight, the nexts its Dwight 100%, in all honesty I dont think these reporters really know the complete truth of whats going on.

But like I said prior, no matter who my team ends up with as the starting Center, I will be very happy with them.

Yeah I know what your saying, it reminds me of a few summers ago chris broussard kept saying, "Gun to my head...lebron is going to Chicago." These guys don't know ****. But like you said, either way your team is looking to be in a good position going forward, which is well deserved considering the teams recent history and willingness to put everything on the line to make it happen (trading for d-will without extension for example).

KnickFanSince91
07-11-2012, 01:26 AM
+1 for the tags in this thread :laugh:

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah I know what your saying, it reminds me of a few summers ago chris broussard kept saying, "Gun to my head...lebron is going to Chicago." These guys don't know ****. But like you said, either way your team is looking to be in a good position going forward, which is well deserved considering the teams recent history and willingness to put everything on the line to make it happen (trading for d-will without extension for example).

The Lebron thing was just insane, even as a NJ fan I thought some how some way he could come to the Nets because of the Jay-Z connection and future in Brooklyn. Everyone seemed to get burned by that but I digress.

The East should be a lot of fun this year, I'm hoping Brook proves his doubters wrong and we could be right around the 3 seed with the Heat and potentially your Bulls (I believe thats your team judging by your sig).

Cracka2HI!
07-11-2012, 01:27 AM
I still hope the Nets trade for Howard goes down. It never made sense for Cleveland to be involved. If Orlando values a non-lottery 1st rounder from the Clippers over MarShon Brooks that a 3 team trade still makes sense. I have no idea why Orlando doesn't want Humphries. Especially if is willing to take a 1 year deal. Orlando would get Lopez, Hump and 4 late 1sts for Howard and Richardson. I really want it to happen because I want Brooks on the Clippers tho!

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 01:36 AM
lol @ all the brook haters that vanished when wavey dropped the facts

mRc08
07-11-2012, 01:37 AM
I think the nets have a nice chance to be a top three seed with or without howard. Unfortunately the bulls will probably be competitive (coaching and playing style), but no real threat to go deep in the playoffs, leaving us with high hopes and a low pick. It really all is a big mystery though after Miami.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 01:37 AM

I'd still love to hear if that Knick fan would take Ibaka over Dirk.

C-Style
07-11-2012, 01:40 AM
The Nets need to add four free agents into a deal for Howard, and convincing all of them to be a part of a complicated sign-and-trade deal much beyond Wednesday’s end to the league’s moratorium on transactions becomes increasingly more unrealistic every day.

Can anyone explain how this works?

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 02:01 AM

its just a date that allows free agents to officially sign... which is now in effect as of 12:01 am est

Ashby
07-11-2012, 02:32 AM

Once a team and a player agrees to a sign a trade to a particular destination, the team has a 48 hour period to get that deal/trade completed. Now that the league's moratorium (temporary suspension) on transactions (signing players) has ended, it's much harder to get complicated trades completed because you need time to work out the details. However, there's not much time left now because player don't have to play the waiting game with trade talks and can sign with whoever, whenever.

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 02:53 AM

A guy starts posting stats and everybody goes crazy. If you actually look at the stats you see some big differences in him "beating" all those centers. First Lopez has always averaged 36-38 minutes per game because he's always been on a terrible team. His opponents were all hovering around 26-28 minutes per game because they were on better teams and had solid backups. Also he scored all those points because his fga were double everyone's as well so his stats will look lopsided when you just compare 1-on-1 against another player.

I guess this proves Melo is better than D-wade huh http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=wadedw01

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-11-2012, 03:27 AM
A guy starts posting stats and everybody goes crazy. If you actually look at the stats you see some big differences in him "beating" all those centers. First Lopez has always averaged 36-38 minutes per game because he's always been on a terrible team. His opponents were all hovering around 26-28 minutes per game because they were on better teams and had solid backups. Also he scored all those points because his fga were double everyone's as well so his stats will look lopsided when you just compare 1-on-1 against another player.

I guess this proves Melo is better than D-wade huh http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=wadedw01

That stat line would lead me to believe Wade was more efficient :shrug:

Almost the same amount of points with less shots taken, better FG%, more assists, more steals, and around the same amount of boards.

bholly
07-11-2012, 03:31 AM

lol, this. most of those comparisons he's scoring less per shot - so his higher scoring is entirely explained by getting more attempts up. and the only one where he really out-rebounds the other guy per minute is bynum, where only three of the four games are 2009 or earlier. pretty lol-worthy.

TeamSeattle
07-11-2012, 03:32 AM
That stat line would lead me to believe Wade was more efficient :shrug:

Almost the same amount of points with less shots taken, better FG%, more assists, more steals, and around the same amount of boards.

That was the whole point of me posting that, sarcasm hint hint. Upon first look it may look like the guy with the higher points is better but when you look at the whole compilation of stats you get better insight.

SouthSideRookie
07-11-2012, 04:59 AM
BS

Kills Your Boy NOAH
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=noahjo01&p2=lopezbr01

Kills BYnum
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=horfoal01&p2=lopezbr01

better than Hibbert
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=hibbero01&p2=lopezbr01

beats out Marc Gasol
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=gasolma01&p2=lopezbr01

:rolleyes:

lol, this. most of those comparisons he's scoring less per shot - so his higher scoring is entirely explained by getting more attempts up. and the only one where he really out-rebounds the other guy per minute is bynum, where only three of the four games are 2009 or earlier. pretty lol-worthy.

:nod:

NFLNBA
07-11-2012, 05:30 AM
BS

Kills Your Boy NOAH

Kills BYnum

better than Hibbert

beats out Marc Gasol

LMAO did he just use stats of Lopez vs Bynum for 2008 and 2009 1 game in 2011 Where Bynum played 10 min!? Lopez was ave 40 min a game and Bynum was ave 20 min a game and it was basically Gasol and Odom most minutes. I bet if you bring up those games Gasol prob has better numbers then Lopez since thats who he REALLY played against most those games. Both those yrs Bynum had his knee injuries as well lol

Here i got a stat that MATTERS TODAY!!!!

Bynum 2012 All-Star

Gs Mins Pts Reb Ast Stl Blk To Pf Dreb Oreb fgm-a pct
72 35.6 18.4 11.7 1.4 0.4 2.1 2.3 1.7 8.4 3.3 7.2-13.2 .545

Lopez 2012

19 Pts, 3 Reb, 0.8 Blk, 15-19 FGM-a pct .494

So Lopez averaged 1 more pt a game with a average of 7 more shot attempts a game shooting a lower % because of that and grabbing a WHOPPING 3 rebounds a game LMAO and a whole 0.8 blks

Yeah maybe pull stats not 3-4 yrs ago lmao

ccg34
07-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Unless they get Dwight, they have no chance against Miami. I'd pick Miami and Chicago over them. Maybe even Boston. Joe Johnson is a good player but that doesn't put them at the top.

oballerc75
07-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Who would be a better team with dwight?
Lakers? Nets?
Nash Williams
Kobe Johnson
MWP Wallace
gasol ......?
D12 D12

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 07:38 AM
LMAO did he just use stats of Lopez vs Bynum for 2008 and 2009 1 game in 2011 Where Bynum played 10 min!? Lopez was ave 40 min a game and Bynum was ave 20 min a game and it was basically Gasol and Odom most minutes. I bet if you bring up those games Gasol prob has better numbers then Lopez since thats who he REALLY played against most those games. Both those yrs Bynum had his knee injuries as well lol

Here i got a stat that MATTERS TODAY!!!!

Bynum 2012 All-Star

Gs Mins Pts Reb Ast Stl Blk To Pf Dreb Oreb fgm-a pct
72 35.6 18.4 11.7 1.4 0.4 2.1 2.3 1.7 8.4 3.3 7.2-13.2 .545

Lopez 2012

19 Pts, 3 Reb, 0.8 Blk, 15-19 FGM-a pct .494

So Lopez averaged 1 more pt a game with a average of 7 more shot attempts a game shooting a lower % because of that and grabbing a WHOPPING 3 rebounds a game LMAO and a whole 0.8 blks

Yeah maybe pull stats not 3-4 yrs ago lmao

Your posting season average stats for 1 guy who played 5 games...hurt vs another who played a full season. Just stop.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 07:40 AM

Melo guards D-Wade? What a stupid comparison.

And Lopez averages nearly the same minutes as most of those guys in those matchups. And he DESTROYS Chandler so even if you want to say Chandler plays a bit less minutes doesn't make up for it.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-11-2012, 07:40 AM
This is a move that had to be made obviously. Even if they don't get Dwight, Lopez is a good piece to go to war with.

yanksrock
07-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Melo guards D-Wade? What a stupid comparison.

And Lopez averages nearly the same minutes as most of those guys in those matchups. And he DESTROYS Chandler so even if you want to say Chandler plays a bit less minutes doesn't make up for it.

Your comparisons sound stupid.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Your comparisons sound stupid.

Yeah Comparing Centers vs Centers is really dumb. Stick to baseball.

Knicks21
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Where do you rank Lopez among centers?

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Where do you rank Lopez among centers?

Can't rank a guy who missed near an entire season. I think he's shown potential to be a top-5 center.

thenaj17
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM

Exactly...he isn't

thenaj17
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM

bobcats? lol

NFLNBA
07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Your posting season average stats for 1 guy who played 5 games...hurt vs another who played a full season. Just stop.

Hey hommie unless you read all the previous posts just keep your mouth shut.

He was comparing Bynum when he was hurt in 2008 and 2009 to Lopez so i did the same for 2012. Who cares about what happened 3-4 yrs ago! Bynum was still growing up then. As of 2012 Bynum would push Lopez around like a little girl. Lopez game style is basically a PF, what center averages 5-6 rebounds a game!? PLZ moving on!!!!

thenaj17
07-11-2012, 09:10 AM
BS

Kills Your Boy NOAH

Kills BYnum

better than Hibbert

beats out Marc Gasol

Amazing Bias there

Noah - How did Brook kill Noah? The only edge Brook had was scoring...but he had more minutes and more shots. Noah had higher FG%, rebounds are equal, better steals, blocks and assists for Noah

Bynum - was in foul trouble each of those games and played way less minutes. Give Brook some credit for helping put Bynum in trouble

Horford - Most are pretty much a wash as you say it was close...but edge to Lopez? Why? Horford was way better on the boards and assists. I still say equal on these stats

Hibbert - Apart from Brook having more minutes and shots per game leading to more points, there is no indication he was 'better than Hibbert'

M Gasol - Nothing to suggest Lopez is better here either. 2 more points a game on 2 more shots a game. Out-rebounded, out-assisted, out-stolen, although surpising higher blocks for Lopez.

Brooks turnovers were higher than most of them aswell but inconclusive evidence for you to claim Lopez was superior to all of these, far from it.

yanksrock
07-11-2012, 09:41 AM

Have you watched Basketball?? It's not always stats that make you a better player. Anybody that watches both Bynum and Lopez on a consistent basis can tell you that Bynum runs circles around Lopez.

waveycrockett
07-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Amazing Bias there

Noah - How did Brook kill Noah? The only edge Brook had was scoring...but he had more minutes and more shots. Noah had higher FG%, rebounds are equal, better steals, blocks and assists for Noah

Bynum - was in foul trouble each of those games and played way less minutes. Give Brook some credit for helping put Bynum in trouble

Horford - Most are pretty much a wash as you say it was close...but edge to Lopez? Why? Horford was way better on the boards and assists. I still say equal on these stats

Hibbert - Apart from Brook having more minutes and shots per game leading to more points, there is no indication he was 'better than Hibbert'

M Gasol - Nothing to suggest Lopez is better here either. 2 more points a game on 2 more shots a game. Out-rebounded, out-assisted, out-stolen, although surpising higher blocks for Lopez.

Brooks turnovers were higher than most of them aswell but inconclusive evidence for you to claim Lopez was superior to all of these, far from it.

Noah vs Lopez wasn't even close despite minutes Gap

And you want to talk about a blow out matchup look at his career matchups vs Tyson Chandler. Brook Lopez throughout his career has ABUSED him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=lopezbr01&p2=chandty01

you can't sit here and say 5-6 minutes is the difference in THAT much production. Lopez is out working these dudes while facing doubles and triples.

thenaj17
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Noah vs Lopez wasn't even close despite minutes Gap

And you want to talk about a blow out matchup look at his career matchups vs Tyson Chandler. Brook Lopez throughout his career has ABUSED him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=lopezbr01&p2=chandty01

you can't sit here and say 5-6 minutes is the difference in THAT much production. Lopez is out working these dudes while facing doubles and triples.

Lopez is a more natural scorer than any of these other centres, i'm not denying that. But you were giving Lopez the win against them without any conclusive evidence, despite posting stats and declaring Brook the winner.

Chandler is unbelievably overrated.

Of course he outscored Noah but he had more shots to do it. Noah was actually more efficient

The stats vs Bynum was about 15 minutes more per game and so had better stats. All the others there was no clear dominant winner whether minutes were the same or not.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2012, 10:01 AM
This was NOT meant to be a discussion on Lopez being better than Howard, Bynum, Chandler. To Nets fans: don't you realize by now that there is no way to prove that Lopez is better without him playing more than 5 games last season? Yes everyone will only look at the most recent data of 2011 where he had a TERRIBLE rebounding season and unfortunately got labelled as "soft" but we know he is not soft. Just wait for the games to start and we'll see how much of a "role player" Lopez is. He is still my favorite player on the Nets and I'll continue to support him if he is traded but for now just chill out with these ridiculous comparisons (on both sides).

thenaj17
07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
I just can't believe some Nets fans are saying you're happy with Lopez ahead of Dwight. It annoys me equally when Lakers say they'd rather keep Bynum.

Dwight Howard is easily the best Centre in the league and i'd be willing to put up with his indecision for a while longer if it meant he was wearing my teams colours long term. Lopez and Bynum are nice consolation prizes for us if we don't get Dwight but that's all they are..consolations

oak2455
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Lopez is getting a Max deal? I like him but not for that money

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
I just can't believe some Nets fans are saying you're happy with Lopez ahead of Dwight. It annoys me equally when Lakers say they'd rather keep Bynum.

Dwight Howard is easily the best Centre in the league and i'd be willing to put up with his indecision for a while longer if it meant he was wearing my teams colours long term. Lopez and Bynum are nice consolation prizes for us if we don't get Dwight but that's all they are..consolations

I think you are misinterpreting what they are saying. Yes Dwight is easily the best center in the league and I also believe Bynum is the second. I can't represent the opinions of every single Nets fan but for those "happy" about Lopez we are happy because Brook Lopez is the most loyal player on our team. Since the Jason Kidd era he has been the only bright spot. We believe in him to succeed and develop into a top 10 center and perhaps top 5. Some think he's already at top 10 but I don't. He will be very good though. I am happy because if we don't get Dwight (which I've said all along is unlikely) then Brook Lopez is an GREAT "consolation" if that's the word you want to use. But in no way is Lopez > Dwight. Please ignore the opinions of the more irrational posters - the stats posted above rely heavily on points and if you notice, none of them ever compared Lopez and Dwight? and the FIRST (and maybe only) guy to say they would rather take Lopez over Dwight was TROLLING - he is a Knicks fan. Many of the threads posted on PSD are also by said trolls who hyped up the Nets team just to get other posters to freak out and bash the Nets.

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Lopez is getting a Max deal? I like him but not for that money

your team signed chandler to more money

keetyweedy
07-11-2012, 01:03 PM

After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Lmao

jmoney85
07-11-2012, 01:13 PM
today is the last day the nets will be in this deal.... so this is the last shot