PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Out of Trade Talk b/c Gilbert wanted Tristen Thompson in ORL, Lopez 4 Himself!

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Cleveland Cavaliers: The Cleveland Cavaliers seemed like a willing trade partner and midday yesterday it seemed like a deal was not only workable but close. But as these things tend to do, it unraveled quickly when word surfaced that Kris Humphries would not do a deal on a one-year contract which then started a back and forth that ended the day with Cleveland backing out according to sources.

The Cavs were supposed to be the landing spot for Humphries on a one-year $9 million deal to which the Cavs would get a first round pick for playing broker. The deal expanded pretty aggressively with Luke Walton’s contract being tossed in at some point. Late last night, as the deal was said to be gaining serious traction, sources close to the process said the Cavs appeared to be backing out after making a demand to obtain Brook Lopez for themselves, too. There was talk of second-year forward Tristan Thompson being packed in to Orlando in exchange for not getting Lopez and that’s when things seemed to derail.

http://67.228.166.141/nba-am-time-for-orlando-to-make-a-deal?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-am-time-for-orlando-to-make-a-deal&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Gritz
07-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Izactly

LA RO
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Wow

prodigy
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Kris Humphries did not wanna sign a one-year deal so the cavs were out right there. How can you blame dan or more so chris Grant(GM) for trying to get Lopez? ya what a D-bag, trying to improve his team get that **** out of here.

aussie
07-10-2012, 11:01 AM
lol, seems like Kris isn't happy anywhere

celtNYpatsHeels
07-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I dont understand why a third team would get involved to help BK get howard, especially an Eastern conference team.

*Superman*
07-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I dont understand why a third team would get involved to help BK get howard, especially an Eastern conference team.

Form a super-team of their own to defeat the HEAT of course.

:p

1_team_1_dream
07-10-2012, 11:07 AM
so who will take him now?

prodigy
07-10-2012, 11:08 AM
lol, seems like Kris isn't happy anywhere

He wants a 4-year deal. So he's ok going anywhere just wants more years.

celtNYpatsHeels
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Form a super-team of their own to defeat the HEAT of course.

:p

I dont think Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez, or Humphries would ever constitute part of a "super team"

gotoHcarolina52
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Did the Cavs submit their new demand in comic sans?

8kobe24
07-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Kris Humphries did not wanna sign a one-year deal so the cavs were out right there. How can you blame dan or more so chris Grant(GM) for trying to get Lopez? ya what a D-bag, trying to improve his team get that **** out of here.

Clearly, Cleveland isn't in it to get low balled (Kris Humphries). No way this dude gives up assets for that crap he's being offered.

Arch Stanton
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
http://67.228.166.141/nba-am-time-for-orlando-to-make-a-deal?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-am-time-for-orlando-to-make-a-deal&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The incompetent Douchey Dan strikes again! :laugh:

Shouldn't you be happy since you're a front running Laker fan. Oh wait Dwight Howard doesn't want to play with the geriatrics.

DeyAce
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Whats this fascination with Lopez?

prodigy
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Whats this fascination with Lopez?

23 year old center 19-7 a game. If healthy he can be pretty darn good.

ottograham14
07-10-2012, 11:17 AM

The incompetent Douchey Dan strikes again! :laugh:

How does this have to affect Dan Gilbert besides him being the owner. Does he now make the trade offers and trades? Did you ever think that Chris Grant their actual GM was the one wanting Lopez. Just because it deals with the Cavs doesn't mean Gilbert has to be the only one doing it. Also you call him a douche because they are trying to get the best player available besides Howard in the trade. Yeah big Douches.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 11:18 AM
How does this have to affect Dan Gilbert. Did you ever think that Chris Grant their actual GM was the one wanting Lopez. Just because it deals with the Cavs doesn't mean Gilbert has to be the only one doing it. Also you call him a douche because they are trying to get the best player available besides Howard in the trade. Yeah big Douches.

Holy crap, why is everyone all of a sudden being sensitive vags on this forum and defending Dan Gilbert. Douchey Dan has always been my nickname for him.

PSD has some ****in sensitive nancies!!!!!

3RDASYSTEM
07-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Irving
Lopez
is a nice G/C combo,it aint IVERSON/SHAQ but its a damn nice building combo to have

maybe DREW BYNUM? maybe BRON re takes his talents back to his birthstate?

Irving
Bron
Bynum
Lopez

2016 EC Champs?

Nothing wrong with Dan because hes super focused to put a title contender on hardwood now that BRON has gotten his elusive 'ship' before him, and recall how Dan went haywire after decision vowing his CAVS would win title before Brons HEAT

Big up to Dan for trying to get the 2nd best player in a 14player trade, yea Dan you're stupid for that one..says the highly intelligent smart PSD forum members

*Superman*
07-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I dont think Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez, or Humphries would ever constitute part of a "super team"

I never said that either. You said why would a team help BK get Dwight and my answer (joke) was to form a team that could beat the Heat. If you don't get it, well, nevermind then.

ottograham14
07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Holy crap, why is everyone all of a sudden being sensitive vags on this forum and defending Dan Gilbert. Douchey Dan has always been my nickname for him.

You also said incompetent and like we are suppose to follow all your posts on Dan Gilbert to know what your nickname for him is. Sounds like the only vag is you for getting you comment blasted and now being butthurt about it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 11:22 AM
You also said incompetent and like we are suppose to follow all your posts on Dan Gilbert to know what your nickname for him is. Sounds like the only vag is you for getting you comment blasted and now being butthurt about it.

I took that comment out from the opening post so I don't hurt your feelings anymore on this bright Tuesday morning in July.

You're Welcome.

*Superman*
07-10-2012, 11:22 AM
How does this have to affect Dan Gilbert besides him being the owner. Does he now make the trade offers and trades? Did you ever think that Chris Grant their actual GM was the one wanting Lopez. Just because it deals with the Cavs doesn't mean Gilbert has to be the only one doing it. Also you call him a douche because they are trying to get the best player available besides Howard in the trade. Yeah big Douches.

I don't know if I am more surprised at Irving's moves in your sig or that fact that Harden didn't flop.

Arch Stanton
07-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Name calling at fan bases will get you that type of reaction. There may not be a lot Cavs fans on the forum as Heat or Laker fans. But it's disrespectful.

Lake_Show2416
Thompson for Dwight lol Magic would b getting a steal

AKA TheMamba
Understandably so, not his fault he wanted to improve and dump crap to Orlando and Brooklyn's way for one of the two prized assets in the trade. Lakers do that all the time and we praise Kupchak and the Buss family for doing so. Trades are made when all teams agree that it benefits their organization.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Name calling at fan bases will get you that type of reaction. There may not be a lot Cavs fans on the forum as Heat or Laker fans. But it's disrespectful.

Didn't name call him specifically, I was regarding the general posters in this thread as negative nancies.

But since this is all causing an uproar......I apologize. :sigh:

ottograham14
I took that comment out from the opening post so I don't hurt your feelings anymore on this bright Tuesday morning in July.

You're Welcome.

Thanks bud, and from now on when I see your Dan Gilbert posts I'll understand the nickname. See its as easy as that.

black1605
I posted this yesterday, but it was pretty much ignored. Charlotte is in talks to acquire Humphries to help the deal get done.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell
Ric Bucher saying ‪#Bobcats‬ would be interested in Humphries and/or Brooks. I should think so, but no one saying anything.

Agent Dan Fegan has had a productive relationship with ‪#Bobcats‬. Wonder if there's room for compromise on Kris Humphries

No one seems to be interested in Humphries in a multi-year deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks bud, and from now on when I see your Dan Gilbert posts I'll understand the nickname. See its as easy as that.

Haha okay, cool.

MagicBucsSox
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Good Tristan thompson is a underweight PF. No thank you

prodigy
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Thompson for Dwight lol Magic would b getting a steal

Im sure more would be added to that duhh!!!

ottograham14
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
If any NBA team really wanted Kris Humphries then they would have signed him long term last year and or long term already this year as he is an UFA. But since that hasn't happened the guy needs to realize that he is only good on a 1 year deal right now going forward.

MagicBucsSox
07-10-2012, 11:34 AM
So why won't Gilbert just make a offer to lopez

prodigy
07-10-2012, 11:34 AM
If any NBA team really wanted Kris Humphries then they would have signed him long term last year and or long term already this year as he is an UFA. But since that hasn't happened the guy needs to realize that he is only good on a 1 year deal right now going forward.

Kris is a good player im kinda shocked teams won't make a long term offer. I guess its the money? IDK

Avenged
07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I thought Dan was just out there to screw the Lakers and Lebron.. Hmm, maybe I was a bit wrong :p

btw, if no one wants Humphries, the Lakers will gladly take him (if we could afford him :sigh:)! We could use a player like that..

LakersKB24
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I posted this yesterday, but it was pretty much ignored. Charlotte is in talks to acquire Humphries to help the deal get done.

Can't blame them, Humphries' value is at an all time high.
I think everybody, including Humphries himself knows that from now on his value can only go down since he probably won't be playing next to a superstar PG anymore. This is his only chance to sign a relatively big contract.

I don't see the Bobcats being a fitting trading partner though. Orlando wants picks and not even Michael Jordan would give up a lotto pick for Brooks.

Clippers are still in it though, or did I miss something?

rapjuicer06
07-10-2012, 11:46 AM
BYNUM! Please and Thank you

ottograham14
Is there anyone esle reporting this besides this Twitter feed because none of the big time reporters are saying anything about this yet at least from what I am finding?

BigCityofDreams

So it's ok for the Magic to give up the best player in the entire deal and not even get back the 2nd best piece in Lopez. How does that make sense??

RenegadeRiot36
07-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Stop making it sound like Gilbert is the GM. People have it out for him since the whole decision thing but he doesn't make trades and hes not as much of a dbag as people make him out to be. And the title of the thread is misleading too. They asked about getting Lopez in the deal. That didnt work but they were still talking until Orlando wanted Thompson without the Cavs getting Lopez. Thats when they said **** this and backed off. At least thats what I got out of this.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-time-for-orlando-to-make-a-deal?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-am-time-for-orlando-to-make-a-deal

joeystats
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM

+1 Douchey Dan lol

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
bobcats to replace cavs says espn. #DwighttoBobcats

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
so now we know this deal is definitely going down, Lopez is Morrey's target. The potential 20/8 center w/ the shooting touch is what Orlando wants.

Oldmantrash
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm starting to think, this deal is never going to happen.

Too many variables

RenegadeRiot36
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Too many variables

Yea its wayy too complicated with the sign and trades, matching salaries, etc

KB24PG16
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Lolz

IIISSKiLL
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't know if I am more surprised at Irving's moves in your sig or that fact that Harden didn't flop.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mr Costanza
07-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Too many variables

As long as the magic are on board it will get done. That was the biggest hurdle for the Nets.

daboywonder2002
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
that sounds pretty fair to me. lopez in cleveland. young cheaper tristan thompson in orlando. gives the magic more flexibility. hell, id do it!!!

mgsports
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Okay how about Lopez and Hedo in Houston,Humphries,Ryan Anderson in NO,Eric Gordon and Kevin Martin in Orlando and Howard in Brooklyn and some how Orlands lands Josh Smith or Paul Gasol to.

DRose01
07-10-2012, 12:50 PM
that sounds pretty fair to me. lopez in cleveland. young cheaper tristan thompson in orlando. gives the magic more flexibility. hell, id do it!!!

Flexibility for what? if no one wants to go Orlando all they can do is sit on their money.

Cali4rnia
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
LOL is this shyt ever gonna end?

DRose01
07-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Chad Ford says Magic opening up negotiations with other teams other than the Nets.

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
How reliable is Ford?

ThunderousDemon
07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Yup, it's on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8147719/orlando-magic-exploring-other-dwight-howard-trades-source-says

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 01:08 PM
He's going to end up with Lakers - book it.

daboywonder2002
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Flexibility for what? if no one wants to go Orlando all they can do is sit on their money.

who says people dont want to go to orlando?

greg_ory_2005
07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I can't wait till this is finally over!

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 03:33 PM

Ric Bucher saying ‪#Bobcats‬ would be interested in Humphries and/or Brooks. I should think so, but no one saying anything.

Agent Dan Fegan has had a productive relationship with ‪#Bobcats‬. Wonder if there's room for compromise on Kris Humphries

I think it's more at the price the deal would have to be. But i think hump could def get 5mil a year for say 4 years. On the open market

Losoway
07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
lmaooo @ the cavs wanting Brook lopez

these nuggas is crazy

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM

Kris humpries is much better then that and every body knows it. The guy is a walking double double and he is 27. Your telling me he is gonna have to sign 1 years deal for the test of us career? That would be unprecedented. Two years in s row proves he's not a fluke. He is a mle player at the least. He is better than 80% of the pf in the nba.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 03:41 PM
How come none of these analysts knew this?

arkanian215
07-10-2012, 03:43 PM
0a

John Walls Era
07-10-2012, 03:44 PM
He missed out on a real C in Jonas and now he wants to rip the magic into giving him one lol.

black1605
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Bobcats willing to give Kris Humphries multi-year deal in potential 3-way trade with Nets & Magic, source says.

The plot continues to thicken. Charlotte could in theory take on a lot of money and give up Tyrus. Won't happen, but it would still help the Nets accomplish what they're attempting to get done. If we take on ~$16 million, and send back 8, they're still in a better situation to get this deal done.

Method28
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Bobcats willing to give Kris Humphries multi-year deal in potential 3-way trade with Nets & Magic, source says.

The plot continues to thicken. Charlotte could in theory take on a lot of money and give up Tyrus. Won't happen, but it would still help the Nets accomplish what they're attempting to get done. If we take on ~$16 million, and send back 8, they're still in a better situation to get this deal done.

But then the.Clips are cut out :(

Wasn't that the.whole point of this trade?! Lol

black1605
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
But then the.Clips are cut out :(

Wasn't that the.whole point of this trade?! Lol

The real point of this trade is for Orlando to land Luke Walton. They feel like he is a piece they can build around for the next decade.

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2012, 04:16 PM
How come none of these analysts knew this?

Because they go with whatever their sources feed them

Arch Stanton
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
“@JasonLloydABJ: I have tremendous respect for @WojYahooNBA, but completely disagree #Cavs were sensitive to criticisms over ... http://t.co/jj7dSp6W”

“@JasonLloydABJ: #Cavs are used to criticism. Dan Gilbert is a pretty big target. And no, Gilbert didn't stop this either. #Cavs ... http://t.co/ythqdbQB”

kenzo400
07-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I still don't understand why the Cavs are involved in this. If they can get Brook Lopez with Humpries contract i could maybe understand. Even then it's a lot of money being thrown on non star players.

But the initial deal had them getting a couple of late first round picks, probably in a weak draft. Why would they want to make the Nets a contender for the next decade just in order to get a couple of late first round draft picks?

waveycrockett
07-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
At 5 p.m., Magic inclined to take "best deal," aren't entertaining idea of playing hardball to keep Dwight longer to enhance another trade
Collapse
Reply Retweet Favorite

whoa

ottograham14
07-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Kris humpries is much better then that and every body knows it. The guy is a walking double double and he is 27. Your telling me he is gonna have to sign 1 years deal for the test of us career? That would be unprecedented. Two years in s row proves he's not a fluke. He is a mle player at the least. He is better than 80% of the pf in the nba.

Then why has he not been signed outright? He was a UFA last year and came back to NJ to play on a one year deal because nobody else showed alot of interest in him. This year it is the same deal. He is a UFA and if people thought he was that great then why weren't they signing him when they could start negotiating instead of him having to worry about being in a sign and trade? He is a MLE player like you said not at least but at best IMO. He played on a very bad NJ team where someone has to get stats especially with Lopez going down last year. Lets see what he would be on a good team, oh thats right it might not happen because none of the good teams are interested in him.

theheatles
07-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Dan Gilberts arrogance is astounding thinking he can get Lopez for thompson when Lopez would be the prized piece for the magic

Rain 816
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Dan Gilbert strikes again....3rd offseason n a row he mad himself look like a fool

ottograham14
07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Dan Gilberts arrogance is astounding thinking he can get Lopez for thompson when Lopez would be the prized piece for the magic

Dan Gilbert strikes again....3rd offseason n a row he mad himself look like a fool

Heat fans...shocking. I guess arrogance is not being a push over when it comes to trade talks and taking on dumb salary cap such as Kris Humphries who wanted 3 years at 8-10 million for just a mid 20's first round pick. Just because the Cavs aren't like the rest of the league and are willing to facilitate super teams while getting back trash I guess that is arrogant.

The arrogant part is you guys assuming that Dan Gilbert was the one who had anything to do with these trade talks. There is this thing called a GM and that would be Chris Grant who handles the basketball operations. Yes Gilbert does shoot his mouth off a lot but realize he is not the one making the trade offers, rejections, etc. Keep reaching for things though besides assuming by the title of this thread that Gilbert was the one running this thing. Get more informed in the future please.

prodigy
07-11-2012, 01:04 PM
So it's ok for the Magic to give up the best player in the entire deal and not even get back the 2nd best piece in Lopez. How does that make sense??

We'll use your brain man figure it out. Maybe the pot would be sweetened and magic could get more young talent and draft picks from cavs plus the huge haul they will get from nets.