PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Whomewhome
07-10-2012, 04:09 AM
The Nets are the Clippers of the East.
The Clippers are the Nets of the West.

These two comments have been repeated numerous times in the past two decades. Clippers have been a "joke" as many would say... Nets have the worst fans as many would say.

Knicks and Lakers will always dominate the masses but for how long?

What if the Nets faced the Clippers in the finals. Do you think TV ratings will fall? I don't. But it's pure irony. and it also shows how big the NY and LA markets are. makes me wonder why Chicago doesn't go for that 2nd team. there sure is room for them, better then some of those tiny market teams.

Can you imagine the East finals Nets vs Knicks
Can you imagine the West finals Lakers vs Clippers

Sounds nuts. but it's not far from the truth anymore. Many of us have waited for this moment for a long long long time. But can we finally say that all 4 teams have a shot. (whether Dwight is a Nets or NOT)??? It's it irony at it's best

NYK4L
07-10-2012, 04:43 AM
These two comments have been repeated numerous times in the past two decades. Clippers have been a "joke" as many would say... Nets have the worst fans as many would say.

Knicks and Lakers will always dominate the masses but for how long?

What if the Nets faced the Clippers in the finals. Do you think TV ratings will fall? I don't. But it's pure irony. and it also shows how big the NY and LA markets are. makes me wonder why Chicago doesn't go for that 2nd team. there sure is room for them, better then some of those tiny market teams.

Can you imagine the East finals Nets vs Knicks
Can you imagine the West finals Lakers vs Clippers

Sounds nuts. but it's not far from the truth anymore. Many of us have waited for this moment for a long long long time. But can we finally say that all 4 teams have a shot. (whether Dwight is a Nets or NOT)??? It's it irony at it's best

That'd be fun :clap:

flatbush knicks
07-10-2012, 04:50 AM
i wouldn't be mad i live in brooklyn but your fans still need to chill d12 isn't on the nets yet and dwill an jj won't get you guys ther

Whomewhome
07-10-2012, 05:08 AM
i wouldn't be mad i live in brooklyn but your fans still need to chill d12 isn't on the nets yet and dwill an jj won't get you guys ther
you had your fun with Carmelo and Amare. Now it's our turn please move to the side for now!

Whomewhome
07-10-2012, 05:09 AM
+ I think after 25 years of following this team I deserve it

flatbush knicks
07-10-2012, 05:21 AM
my dude i'd actually be happy for you guys if you get d12 but wait until it happens to start braggin thats the only thing that pissing me off i mean dam if d12 goes to brooklyn i'd be first in line for the brooklyn nets dwight howard jersey just be humble

Whomewhome
07-10-2012, 05:40 AM
my dude i'd actually be happy for you guys if you get d12 but wait until it happens to start braggin thats the only thing that pissing me off i mean dam if d12 goes to brooklyn i'd be first in line for the brooklyn nets dwight howard jersey just be humble
I understand you, you have fans that are screaming victory on Dwight for the 5000th time this season. But please read what I post!

But can we finally say that all 4 teams have a shot. (whether Dwight is a Nets or NOT)???

I am content with Deron, JJ, Gerald Wallace, Mirza and Brook Lopez and think we will have a great rivalry regardless of Dwight.

And you have to admit that whether or not we get Dwight we are still legitimate contenders along with the Knicks. And the Clippers with the Lakers. That's all I was saying. But I understand your frustration people are getting to excited, I understand them because we have had to wait so long.

flatbush knicks
07-10-2012, 06:14 AM
i'm not trying to be a dick but that jj trade really hurts you guys if you don't get d12 because j smith would have been the perfect fit next to lopez an dwill

Whomewhome
07-10-2012, 06:39 AM
i'm not trying to be a dick but that jj trade really hurts you guys if you don't get d12 because j smith would have been the perfect fit next to lopez an dwill
Jsmooth would have been nice. but don't discount Joe Johnson. He was put in Atlanta in a leadership role. something he is not. He will fit beautifly in that back court with Deron.

Also don't overlook the Euro Mirza, I am from Lebanon so watch a lot of Euro basketball and this guy is a flat out baller. Boggles me why he went undrafted, and I think he is gonna turn a lot of heads come November

JeffG20
07-10-2012, 06:44 AM

you guys werent exactly chill when you thought you had lebron or paul, just sayin

LongIslandIcedZ
07-10-2012, 06:52 AM
The rivalry could potentially be awesome. I don't know how all the fans in Brooklyn will receive the team, but I imagine it would be good. I'll definitely be at the first two games. One at the Garden and one at the Barclay.

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 03:51 AM
The rivalry could potentially be awesome. I don't know how all the fans in Brooklyn will receive the team, but I imagine it would be good. I'll definitely be at the first two games. One at the Garden and one at the Barclay.
I wish I could be there. Sad fact. I have not been to the the New York/NJ area in over 20 years. and haven't been in the US in over 4 years now.

I am planning at trip in December but that will be to Washington DC.

Losoway
07-11-2012, 03:57 AM
i live in brooklyn across from the nets arena.

if we get dwight . thats a championship team . way better then the clippers

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 04:30 AM

The fact that we are even talking about the Nets and Clippers in the championship game makes me laugh.

WE probably won't get Dwight. but who cares. People are talking about the Nets and the Clippers.

In LA- Lakers will remain the fan favorites in NY - Knicks will remain fan favorites.

BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT what was always been two teams that have been a sidekick, a Robin (they are batman) in the finals. it's just amazing

Glen20
07-11-2012, 08:30 AM
this is cute.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM

Plant your flag bozo, are you a Nets or Knicks fan? Make up your mind.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 08:45 AM
this is cute.

For once I agree with you.

Glen20
07-11-2012, 08:46 AM
For once I agree with you.

cant wait till football season :sigh:

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Jsmooth would have been nice. but don't discount Joe Johnson. He was put in Atlanta in a leadership role. something he is not. He will fit beautifly in that back court with Deron.

Also don't overlook the Euro Mirza, I am from Lebanon so watch a lot of Euro basketball and this guy is a flat out baller. Boggles me why he went undrafted, and I think he is gonna turn a lot of heads come November

Question, Im not saying this dude wont be good, because I have never seen him play, but why are Nets fans hyping him up so much? This guy hasnt even played an NBA game yet. Most Nets fans havent even heard of him, until they signed him.

Then they go on youtube and watch some clips on him and think he is a beast. I could rack up some of Shawn Bradleys best clips and make him look like the best C to ever play the game.

Im not trying to bash on him, just curious.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 08:55 AM
cant wait till football season :sigh:

:laugh2:

StarvingKnick22
07-11-2012, 09:17 AM
This is interesting. Though I still think clippers vs. Nets will never happen

Glen20
07-11-2012, 09:18 AM
This is interesting. Though I still think clippers vs. Nets will never happen

lol worst finals everrr

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Question, Im not saying this dude wont be good, because I have never seen him play, but why are Nets fans hyping him up so much? This guy hasnt even played an NBA game yet. Most Nets fans havent even heard of him, until they signed him.

Then they go on youtube and watch some clips on him and think he is a beast. I could rack up some of Shawn Bradleys best clips and make him look like the best C to ever play the game.

Im not trying to bash on him, just curious.
I get that your not bashing. But this is no Youtube compilation. There is full games that you can watch. And that people have watched for hours on end.

He was never drafted and that has caused a lot of people to be suspicious, but his body literally went from 175lbs to 270 in the space of a year or two. That is the biggest reason, He will always be bashed for the lack of defense, and I think the Nets had hopped to pair him with Dwight. Now if Dwight doesn't get here.

I've seen comparison raging from Danilo Gallinari, to Al Harrington. From Valdman to Bosjan Nachbar. Truth be told he isn't any of those. He really isn't a great 3 pt shooter, what he is a pure shooter, a guy who can take it to the rim, great at coming off screens, and simply putting the ball on the floor and driving and scoring.

Simply put he can score. His defense is more then questionable, his rebounding is close to pathetic. HINT we signed and traded for Reggie Evans for that. Probably the best opposite of this player.

Probably a better fit with Dwight next to him, but will have to work next to Lopez if it doesn't work out

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I get that your not bashing. But this is no Youtube compilation. There is full games that you can watch. And that people have watched for hours on end.

He was never drafted and that has caused a lot of people to be suspicious, but his body literally went from 175lbs to 270 in the space of a year or two. That is the biggest reason, He will always be bashed for the lack of defense, and I think the Nets had hopped to pair him with Dwight. Now if Dwight doesn't get here.

I've seen comparison raging from Danilo Gallinari, to Al Harrington. From Valdman to Bosjan Nachbar. Truth be told he isn't any of those. He really isn't a great 3 pt shooter, what he is a pure shooter, a guy who can take it to the rim, great at coming off screens, and simply putting the ball on the floor and driving and scoring.

Simply put he can score. His defense is more then questionable, his rebounding is close to pathetic. HINT we signed and traded for Reggie Evans for that. Probably the best opposite of this player.

Probably a better fit with Dwight next to him, but will have to work next to Lopez if it doesn't work out

Thanks for your input. Do you really think Nets fans actually watched whole entire games of him? No, they just watched highlights.

They way you describe him, he sounds like he will be a very solid ROLE player, but by no means an all-star or superstar and that is how most fans make him out to be.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks for your input. Do you really think Nets fans actually watched whole entire games of him? No, they just watched highlights.

They way you describe him, he sounds like he will be a very solid ROLE player, but by no means an all-star or superstar and that is how most fans make him out to be.

HAHAHA besides maybe two Nets posters around here (im sure you know who)... again TWO. Find me ONE post that calls him a superstar? I think Knicks fans hype up Nets fans posts more than they actually do.. I've seen Knicks posters call Melo the best player in the league, Chandler the best center in the league, etc etc. Yes Mirza has not played a game but why do Knicks fans think he's already a role player at best if he hasn't played a game for the US? This whole no experience thing can go both ways you know..

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM

Do you blame them? Did you see Netsdaily when Billy King traded for Reggie Evans. They went nuts.... I mean nuts the thread over there had over 2500 replies. I don't blame them man we have been stuck with useless players for a long time. And someone's gotta fill those stat sheets, so they were misled into believe they are good. BEST EXAMPLE. Kris Humphries almost a double double machine, yet no one wants to take him on for more then 1 year.

Reggie Evans to us is an all star compared to all the players we have had. And Reggie Evans can't do anything but play dirty.

But you can't blame us. We have not been in a big market for quite some time, now all the attention is on us, players don't know how to react. you expect a bunch of teenagers on PSD to react properly? It's a change

Whomewhome
07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
HAHAHA besides maybe two Nets posters around here (im sure you know who)... again TWO. Find me ONE post that calls him a superstar? I think Knicks fans hype up Nets fans posts more than they actually do.. I've seen Knicks posters call Melo the best player in the league, Chandler the best center in the league, etc etc. Yes Mirza has not played a game but why do Knicks fans think he's already a role player at best if he hasn't played a game for the US? This whole no experience thing can go both ways you know..
Pet their egos man... we will get them during the season both at MSG and Barclays. for now pet their egos...

I think the weirdest thing for me will be to see Kidd in a NY uniform.. OUCH

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Haha yeah I've tried to post the same way. Got a little heated for my tastes in that last post from him thinking we consider MIRZA a superstar haha. But yeah I hope to see Lopez go on a tear next year (whether its on the Nets or not). And yeah.. Jason Kidd is my favorite player in the league which is why I rooted for the Mavs all the way last year. Sad to see him join our rival but I'm rooting for him personally to have good games!

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM

I may have dragged it a bit with superstar, but people are definitely over hyping him, for someone who has not played a game in the NBA.

And any knowledgeable Knicks fans dont say those things you have stated, so I will disregard those comments from them.

Kerv_the_Knick
07-11-2012, 10:52 AM
That'd be fun :clap:

Lmao @ your sig

Kerv_the_Knick
07-11-2012, 10:55 AM
The idea of the situations of all those teams as a whole does show some sort of irony. Would be even more so if they all made it to the finals in their respective conferences

JerseyPalahniuk
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I may have dragged it a bit with superstar, but people are definitely over hyping him, for someone who has not played a game in the NBA.

And any knowledgeable Knicks fans dont say those things you have stated, so I will disregard those comments from them.

And you should do the same to Nets fans that think a player who hasn't played a single game is even an All-Star already. Double standards tend to exist on sports forums, especially when the team in question is a rival. I have never "bashed" a signing by the Knicks on my short time in this forum EXCEPT the Amare contract which I will continue to do so. Congrats on the Kidd and Camby signing though! Great pickups.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
And you should do the same to Nets fans that think a player who hasn't played a single game is even an All-Star already. Double standards tend to exist on sports forums, especially when the team in question is a rival. I have never "bashed" a signing by the Knicks on my short time in this forum EXCEPT the Amare contract which I will continue to do so. Congrats on the Kidd and Camby signing though! Great pickups.

Thank you sir, as well as you guys adding Reggie Evans. Dude will be a great addition. Not sure about the JJ trade, but if he can get back to playing how he did in PHX, it would be worth it. Looking forward to some great games played against each other.

Battle of NY, lets go! :clap:

IndyRealist
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
.... I'm not sure you know what irony is.