PDA

View Full Version : Whos #2?

Steelers23_06
07-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Who comes up second in the east. lets not be crazy and say the heat arent going to win it.

BOS
2011-2012 record:39-27
key additions: kept Bass & KG, signing Terry, sullinger, Melo
key departures: Allen
moves that could be made: losing or resign pietrus & steismsa. signing Lee

NY
2011-2012 record: 41-25
key additions: kept JR Smith & Novak; Camby, Kidd
key departures: Fields, Douglas
moves that could be made: losing or re-signing Lin, signing rashard lewis(although leaning more towards mia nyk is on his list), felton(prob with the loss of Lin)

Nets
2011-2012 record: 19-47
key additions: kept Deron, signing Teletovic and JJ
key losses: Morrow, Farmar and Stevenson
possible moves: really?! :eyebrow:

those are all really good teams i was excited for this past years playoffs i cant wait til this years!! i dont get why people are saying stacked teams are bad?! who doesn't want to see these 4 teams left to battle it out to take home the ECF trophy.

p.s. just bc i said miami is 1st i dont guarantee them winning the east. i just think because all the other teams changed their core there will be an adjustment period to adjust to a new city, roles, teammates, etc. Whereas MIA retained all their starting five and improved their bench...no knock on these other really good teams though.

bholly
07-10-2012, 02:57 AM
We're still in the moratorium. Free agency proper hasn't even started yet and teams can't make trades. Let's wait until things actually shake out before making meaningless predictions.

Edit: also you forgot Indy.

aussie
07-10-2012, 03:05 AM
charlotte

Steelers23_06
07-10-2012, 03:08 AM
We're still in the moratorium. Free agency proper hasn't even started yet and teams can't make trades. Let's wait until things actually shake out before making meaningless predictions.

Edit: also you forgot Indy.

i was looking at them and chi for honorable mention but neither have made key acquisitions. i think they will be a force in the playoffs but not the #2 seed. and man whats the fun in waiting i feel like have one now then when the moves are up have another one. thats what makes it funner making predictions about not only #2 seed but potential roster shakle-ups. PSD is so quick to knock a thread instead of contribute their knowledge.

NYK4L
07-10-2012, 03:15 AM
Who comes up second in the east. lets not be crazy and say the heat arent going to win it.

BOS

NY
moves that could be made: losing or re-signing Lin, signing rashard lewis(although leaning more towards mia nyk is on his list), felton(prob with the loss of Lin)

Nets

those are all really good teams i was excited for this past years playoffs i cant wait til this years!! i dont get why people are saying stacked teams are bad?! who doesn't want to see these 4 teams left to battle it out to take home the ECF trophy.

p.s. just bc i said miami is 1st i dont guarantee them winning the east. i just think because all the other teams changed their core there will be an adjustment period to adjust to a new city, roles, teammates, etc. Whereas MIA retained all their starting five and improved their bench...no knock on these other really good teams though.

The Heat deserve to be first, their the champions and they just added ray ray. I don't really think the knicks had any key departures(fields,douglas) just improvement all around. And you gotta wait for the Nets possible moves to answer this, we are talking about DH after all, huge move if they get him, huge if they don't. (but they will)

bholly
07-10-2012, 03:24 AM
So New York add Kidd and Camby (39 and 38 respectively) and lost Douglas and Fields (their starting SG), but a team who won 6 more games (the equiv of ~8 more games in an 82 game season) isn't worth being in the conversation because they didn't add anything yet? Even though all they've lost is Barbosa and maybe Amundson?

Um, what?

My vote is Indy.

Punk
07-10-2012, 03:33 AM
As of right now? Heat will be clearly 1st in the East and NY/Boston will battle for 2nd.

NYK4L
07-10-2012, 03:38 AM
So New York add Kidd and Camby (39 and 38 respectively) and lost Douglas and Fields (their starting SG), but a team who won 6 more games (the equiv of ~8 more games in an 82 game season) isn't worth being in the conversation because they didn't add anything yet? Even though all they've lost is Barbosa and maybe Amundson?

Um, what?

My vote is Indy.

Actually Fields was bumped from the starting line up, at this stage in his career he's not starter material. If you don't think Camby and Kidd (age and all) are an improvement over Fields and Douglas I don't know what to say to you, maybe you never caught a Knicks game this season. Indy has a good team and they also should be in the discussion.

Steelers23_06
07-10-2012, 03:39 AM

Um, what?

My vote is Indy.

you really vote indy :rolleyes:

if indy got gordon they are a clear 2. but i feel with the moves these guys have made/are making will bring them past indy by far. especially new jersey jj is big as well as the probability of dwight with a trade thats all but complete. a celtics team that got younger and are healthy i forgot to add green as well. thats a dangerous team. and the knicks get kidd and camby are HUGE they are veteran leadership that this team desperately needed. and pg in kidd that can direct melo and stat into the best position to score. and your on bath salt if you think chandler/camby isnt the best center rotation in the league. which will come up big against the nets if they get dwight and the bc of our (miami heat) lack of a quality C. so why exactly do you say indy is better?

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:43 AM
You forgot the INDIANA PACERS. They are young and will only get better; I'd say they're the favorites for the 2 spot.

Toastyy
07-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Nets (if they get Howard)
Chicago (when rose returns to normal)
Indiana
New York
Boston

Indiana with hibbert back and with there players keep developing they can be dangerous. Chicago was the only team this year that was thought of to stand any chance in the east against Miami ended with best record in east being very injury stricken. Howard is the Miami kryptonite, look what hibbert did when he was in the game in the post season, imagine what will happen when you have a player whois more aware and can play defense, with Dwill there too I think they can take Miami. New York is a mess, they have a lot of talent and if they can work it out they can probably stand a better chance they just need to know there role, they have three players that can only play with the ball in there hands and really need a better coach to fix this. Boston is easily the low man in this one they are obviously declining and made it to the conference finals due to sheer luck, they stood a chance against against Miami in the ecf because of bosh's injury and the absence of any post presence making Garnett look like he played for the twolves again

Steelers23_06
07-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Nets (if they get Howard)
Chicago (when rose returns to normal)
Indiana
New York
Boston

Indiana with hibbert back and with there players keep developing they can be dangerous. Chicago was the only team this year that was thought of to stand any chance in the east against Miami ended with best record in east being very injury stricken. Howard is the Miami kryptonite, look what hibbert did when he was in the game in the post season, imagine what will happen when you have a player whois more aware and can play defense, with Dwill there too I think they can take Miami. New York is a mess, they have a lot of talent and if they can work it out they can probably stand a better chance they just need to know there role, they have three players that can only play with the ball in there hands and really need a better coach to fix this. Boston is easily the low man in this one they are obviously declining and made it to the conference finals due to sheer luck, they stood a chance against against Miami in the ecf because of bosh's injury and the absence of any post presence making Garnett look like he played for the twolves again

i think by time rose comes back though it will be too late. losing a star in the beginning of the season is different then starting a season without one. i think it all depends of how fast teague can develope and well hinrich can play.

Toastyy
07-10-2012, 04:14 AM
i think by time rose comes back though it will be too late. losing a star in the beginning of the season is different then starting a season without one. i think it all depends of how fast teague can develope and well hinrich can play.

This is why I say normal, hopefully he can get it together before the playoffs but if not they will be back at the top the next year

bholly
07-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Actually Fields was bumped from the starting line up, at this stage in his career he's not starter material. If you don't think Camby and Kidd (age and all) are an improvement over Fields and Douglas I don't know what to say to you, maybe you never caught a Knicks game this season. Indy has a good team and they also should be in the discussion.

When? He started 62 of 66 games in the regular season and 4 of 5 in the playoffs. I caught plenty of games, and don't remember him getting bumped from the starting lineup.
I didn't say they aren't an improvement over Fields and Douglas, I said I don't think they're a big enough improvement to push the Knicks past a team that were much much better last year.

you really vote indy :rolleyes:

if indy got gordon they are a clear 2. but i feel with the moves these guys have made/are making will bring them past indy by far. especially new jersey jj is big as well as the probability of dwight with a trade thats all but complete. a celtics team that got younger and are healthy i forgot to add green as well. thats a dangerous team. and the knicks get kidd and camby are HUGE they are veteran leadership that this team desperately needed. and pg in kidd that can direct melo and stat into the best position to score. and your on bath salt if you think chandler/camby isnt the best center rotation in the league. which will come up big against the nets if they get dwight and the bc of our (miami heat) lack of a quality C. so why exactly do you say indy is better?

Why? Because even though those teams made legit improvements, there was a pretty wide gap between them and Indy last year, and I don't think those improvements were enough to cover it. Indy was closer to Miami in the standings than they were to New York. They had more distance on New York than LAL had on Utah. It wasn't a small gap.

Not to mention that they'll be better too - George, Hill, Hibbert, Collison will all be older and better this year, and they've got plenty of cap room to make additions. They were pretty damn young last year.
You all act like improving is just a matter of adding up the biggest names. It's crazy.

I'm not even pretending it's certain Indy will be the #2 - of course it isn't - but not even having them in the conversation and eyerolling that opinion is ridiculous. Go back and have a look at least year's prediction threads - people did the exact same thing with Indy and facepalmed anyone who didn't have NYK in the top 3, because they had big names now, and look how that turned out.

Whomewhome
07-10-2012, 04:22 AM
too much speculation on the Nets. (99% of Nets fans want Dwight obviously) but how good will we be in the first year? I don't know. we will have a terrible bench, come year two it will be different. Just like the Heat.

Steelers23_06
07-10-2012, 04:23 AM
When? He started 62 of 66 games in the regular season and 4 of 5 in the playoffs. I caught plenty of games, and don't remember him getting bumped from the starting lineup.
I didn't say they aren't an improvement over Fields and Douglas, I said I don't think they're a big enough improvement to push the Knicks past a team that were much much better last year.

Why? Because even though those teams made legit improvements, there was a pretty wide gap between them and Indy last year, and I don't think those improvements were enough to cover it. Indy was closer to Miami in the standings than they were to New York. They had more distance on New York than LAL had on Utah. It wasn't a small gap.

Not to mention that they'll be better too - George, Hill, Hibbert, Collison will all be older and better this year, and they've got plenty of cap room to make additions. They were pretty damn young last year.
You all act like improving is just a matter of adding up the biggest names. It's crazy.

I'm not even pretending it's certain Indy will be the #2 - of course it isn't - but not even having them in the conversation and eyerolling that opinion is ridiculous. Go back and have a look at least year's prediction threads - people did the exact same thing with Indy and facepalmed anyone who didn't have NYK in the top 3, because they had big names now, and look how that turned out.

but knicks didnt add big name players they added smart players who mend well with the team the already have. there was a reason kidd was on the last olympics even though his numbers werent eye popping. him and camby definitely makes the knicks better then the pacers. and your forgetting to mention the knicks were injury plagued the entire season and post-season. with everyone returning healthy and a full off-season together it could be dangerous.

--23--
07-10-2012, 04:30 AM
Boston, Indiana or the Nets(with Howard) would be 2nd. Until I see the Knicks actually play good together I may change my mind.

yonkerschampX4
07-10-2012, 04:32 AM
for the right now I go with boston

"first post mom I did it right"

bholly
07-10-2012, 04:36 AM
but knicks didnt add big name players they added smart players who mend well with the team the already have. there was a reason kidd was on the last olympics even though his numbers werent eye popping. him and camby definitely makes the knicks better then the pacers. and your forgetting to mention the knicks were injury plagued the entire season and post-season. with everyone returning healthy and a full off-season together it could be dangerous.

I get it. I'm fans of both players. I'm just saying adding them to play backup minutes on a .545 team that played it's best when certain players were out with injuries and whose main parts have never shown they can play together doesn't vault them ahead of a .636 #3 seed who everyone thought were too young last year but blew other teams out of the water anyway and are only going to have matured this year.
Again, I don't know for sure if Indy will be better than NYK. I really don't. But I expect they will. I do know for sure that they're at least part of the conversation, even if they aren't getting transfer hype.

NYK4L
07-10-2012, 04:37 AM

He was bumped for Shump at the end, did you really think he would start next season? Fields is a shooting guard that CAN'T shoot now ain't that a
b!tch! The improvements that they made does make them better than Indy, heck we we're better last year, just hurt all season.

bholly
07-10-2012, 04:52 AM
lol. okay. good luck this year.

Underdogz∞
07-10-2012, 05:08 AM
BOS

NY

Nets

Nice! :clap: :laugh2: