PDA

View Full Version : Donaghy's "Personal Foul": MUST READ!!!!!!

jam
07-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Ordered this book several weeks ago, and finally got around to reading it. I finished the whole 'fin' thing in a couple of hours. Unbelievably gripping.

If you actually care about the sport of basketball, you'll find a way to read this book.

If you've EVER had an inkling of a suspicion that something was "up" about a particular call, a particular series, star calls, a possible beef, you were RIGHT. Games are rigged, series are rigged, for the sake of league profits and ratings, and because the officials want to pocket as much loot as possible.

What surprises me most however, are all of the young fanboys who STILL believe that donaghy must be a rogue. BULLSH--! Donaghy and all other refs HAVE to call certain games a certain way if they are to remain in the league, get promoted and work the most profitable games, ie playoff games.

Most of all, it confirms what every casual sports fan has been saying for DECADES. The NBA is a SH__ product. Stern is a businessman first and foremost, but the quality of the game is terrible.

It was a very refreshing read: the circumstances under which Donaghy was forced to sing were unfortunate, but it yields a telling light on what is increasingly a garbage game we see on the floor.

Donaghy hopes to shake up the system; I doubt HE will be successful directly, but others with similar concerns who are viewed more favorably may have more success.

READ THIS F------ BOOK!!!!

waveycrockett
07-10-2012, 02:47 AM
If u never believed tim your nuts

Glen20
07-10-2012, 02:50 AM
so every team that has won didn't deserve to win?

Baller1
07-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Well then we might as well just skip to the conference finals this season.

If its rigged, it will be OKC vs. LAL and Miami vs. Boston.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Read it, read the book that debunked him too.

Baller1
07-10-2012, 02:52 AM

Which book?

Hellcrooner
07-10-2012, 02:59 AM
TOok you so long to understand?

Just check how an offensive foul becomes "the shot".

ThunderousDemon
07-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Rigged! I knew the Heat didn't deserve to win, even if they had the best player in the NBA. :silly:

jam
07-10-2012, 03:16 AM
It was pretty obvious that most potential viewers wanted to see a heat vs. thunder matchup as opposed to a thunder vs. celtics matchup. The league front office (Stern) likely tipped the referees towards that matchup in the celtics vs. heat series. Although the preferred outcome is never stated, the officials are always given 'directives' where they are forced to watch videos where specific types of plays (missed calls) are focused on.

For example, the videos may focus on Garnett's illegal screens. Or, they might focus on Raja Bell's physical play against Kobe.

No one has to say: "call fouls against Garnett so the Heat will win;" it's all implied, but clearly understood. If the officials DON'T comply with the implied directives, they won't be selected for playoff assignments, meaning they lose out on six figure playoff earnings.

It's interesting to note that the NBA only assigns a set crew for the first FOUR games of a playoff series. After that, crews are decided on a GAME BY GAME BASIS, often within just 24 hours of the start of the next game. WHAT OTHER PURPOSE COULD THERE BE FOR SUCH SHORT NOTICE IF NOT TO TAILOR AN OFFICIATING CREW TO ALTER THE DIRECTION OF A SERIES ONE WAY OR THE OTHER?

No one is singling out the Heat; officiating assignments are fashioned in such a way as to maximize profits by the NBA front office, in conformity with CONSUMER DEMAND.

Such a troll. Get over it. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::face palm:

You always come into these threads and bash them all the time.
LEAVE MIAMI ALONEEEE :cry:

You're probably a really ugly looking man/woman.. Woman.

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Ordered this book several weeks ago, and finally got around to reading it. I finished the whole 'fin' thing in a couple of hours. Unbelievably gripping.

If you actually care about the sport of basketball, you'll find a way to read this book.

If you've EVER had an inkling of a suspicion that something was "up" about a particular call, a particular series, star calls, a possible beef, you were RIGHT. Games are rigged, series are rigged, for the sake of league profits and ratings, and because the officials want to pocket as much loot as possible.

What surprises me most however, are all of the young fanboys who STILL believe that donaghy must be a rogue. BULLSH--! Donaghy and all other refs HAVE to call certain games a certain way if they are to remain in the league, get promoted and work the most profitable games, ie playoff games.

Most of all, it confirms what every casual sports fan has been saying for DECADES. The NBA is a SH__ product. Stern is a businessman first and foremost, but the quality of the game is terrible.

It was a very refreshing read: the circumstances under which Donaghy was forced to sing were unfortunate, but it yields a telling light on what is increasingly a garbage game we see on the floor.

Donaghy hopes to shake up the system; I doubt HE will be successful directly, but others with similar concerns who are viewed more favorably may have more success.

I certainly hope you would also read contradictory points of view before making your ultimate decision.

You sound kind of biased here - but excited ; which means it was a good book I see.

When you actually start thinking about the complicated logistics of rigging NBA games as a collective NBA run objective to promote a single team for whatever reason - you start to understand it is quite limited in scale.

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:23 AM

Which ? I want to look it up.

jam
07-10-2012, 03:25 AM
It's interesting to note that the NBA front office itself has been forced to acknowledge how outrageous some of their officiating has been. As in the form of public press releases which clearly state that their officials missed crucial calls which decided both games as well as series.

In other words, the rigging is so egregious and so obvious, to ignore it would completely destroy the league's credibility.

One great thing about the book is that it explains why certain matchups which are NOT favored by the league, occur anyway. This is because officials often have their own agenda and own favorites for selfish reasons.

For example, many officials will call certain series in a particular direction in order to minimize their travel. Therefore, they can pocket their per diem and travel money as pure profit. If they only have to drive to a particular city they save many thousands of dollars. They receive their allowance regardless if they travel or not.

Also, each referee has personal alliances as well as enemies which figure into the equation as well.

The bottom line however, is that the integrity of the game has been lost for many decades now. This a star driven, profit driven league, as well as an ego driven league. We're not watching basketball games; we're watching sports exhibitions based very loosely upon the original rules of the game of basketball.

I certainly hope you would also read contradictory points of view before making your ultimate decision.

You sound kind of biased here - but excited ; which means it was a good book I see.

When you actually start thinking about the complicated logistics of rigging NBA games as a collective NBA run objective to promote a single team for whatever reason - you start to understand it is quite limited in scale.

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 03:26 AM
It was pretty obvious that most potential viewers wanted to see a heat vs. thunder matchup as opposed to a thunder vs. celtics matchup. The league front office (Stern) likely tipped the referees towards that matchup in the celtics vs. heat series. Although the preferred outcome is never stated, the officials are always given 'directives' where they are forced to watch videos where specific types of plays (missed calls) are focused on.

For example, the videos may focus on Garnett's illegal screens. Or, they might focus on Raja Bell's physical play against Kobe.

No one has to say: "call fouls against Garnett so the Heat will win;" it's all implied, but clearly understood. If the officials DON'T comply with the implied directives, they won't be selected for playoff assignments, meaning they lose out on six figure playoff earnings.

It's interesting to note that the NBA only assigns a set crew for the first FOUR games of a playoff series. After that, crews are decided on a GAME BY GAME BASIS, often within just 24 hours of the start of the next game. WHAT OTHER PURPOSE COULD THERE BE FOR SUCH SHORT NOTICE IF NOT TO TAILOR AN OFFICIATING CREW TO ALTER THE DIRECTION OF A SERIES ONE WAY OR THE OTHER?

No one is singling out the Heat; officiating assignments are fashioned in such a way as to maximize profits by the NBA front office, in conformity with CONSUMER DEMAND.

IDK about consumer demand.
MOst of the NBA fans wanted Heat to lose. If consumer demand was in play , different outcome.

jam
07-10-2012, 03:27 AM

He doesn't have a source. He just wants to believe in the fairy tale that the NBA is an actual sports league.

rocket
07-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Read the book before the classic comment "blah blah blah it's fake"

Glen20
07-10-2012, 03:31 AM

chronz never loses

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:33 AM
It's interesting to note that the NBA front office itself has been forced to acknowledge how outrageous some of their officiating has been. As in the form of public press releases which clearly state that their officials missed crucial calls which decided both games as well as series.

In other words, the rigging is so egregious and so obvious, to ignore it would completely destroy the league's credibility.

One great thing about the book is that it explains why certain matchups which are NOT favored by the league, occur anyway. This is because officials often have their own agenda and own favorites for selfish reasons.

For example, many officials will call certain series in a particular direction in order to minimize their travel. Therefore, they can pocket their per diem and travel money as pure profit. If they only have to drive to a particular city they save many thousands of dollars. They receive their allowance regardless if they travel or not.

Also, each referee has personal alliances as well as enemies which figure into the equation as well.

The bottom line however, is that the integrity of the game has been lost for many decades now. This a star driven, profit driven league, as well as an ego driven league. We're not watching basketball games; we're watching sports exhibitions based very loosely upon the original rules of the game of basketball.

Interesting , I'm glad it sparked some thought and insight.

I still find it perplexing that IF they've been able to accomplish fixing games this whole time - how do they do it ? When did it start ? What reasons do they want the teams to win ? etc... there's so many questions

Ultimately , David Stern just looks and acts like the kind of smug villain who would pull something like this off. What is that guys problem - why is he such a prick ?

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:34 AM
chronz never loses

I was asking a real question , I do want to look it up so I can read it.

jam
07-10-2012, 03:35 AM
I was asking a real question , I do want to look it up so I can read it.

As I stated, chronz doesn't HAVE a source. Unless his source is "talking out of his ***." :)

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:37 AM
MOst of the NBA fans wanted Heat to lose. If consumer demand was in play , different outcome.

Yeah same thoughts here - it wouldn't be market size either.

You could argue global exposure and worldwide name recognition like what the Bulls did with Jordan. But then - Durant's closer to Jordan's skillset anyway.

Hard to understand why they would fix.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 03:38 AM
As I stated, chronz doesn't HAVE a source. Unless his source is "talking out of his ***." :)

if its rigged, maybe you should stop following it

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:39 AM
TOok you so long to understand?

Just check how an offensive foul becomes "the shot".

What's that ?

Glen20
07-10-2012, 03:40 AM
What's that ?

hes talking about jordans push off?
who gives a crap

jam
07-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Interesting , I'm glad it sparked some thought and insight.

I still find it perplexing that IF they've been able to accomplish fixing games this whole time - how do they do it ? When did it start ? What reasons do they want the teams to win ? etc... there's so many questions

Ultimately , David Stern just looks and acts like the kind of smug villain who would pull something like this off. What is that guys problem - why is he such a prick ?

It's very simple: you call some violations and ignore others. Take a look at some tapes of Mo' Cheeks back in the day. Dude carried with EVERY dribble! Moses traveled at least a dozen times a game. The violations are endless. The overlooked contact is endless.

Out of this huge soup of possible calls, the officials are free to blow the whistle at their discretion. This is why you see such huge, lopsided disparities in free throws.

This is why Donaghy was able to win bets on NBA games with such regularity. He knew certain officials HATED certain players, coaches, and/or owners. If those officials were assigned to crews against teams they hated, those teams would invariably lose.

If officials were assigned to teams with players that they liked or which were close to home and didn't require travel during the playoffs etc. those teams WON.

Donaghy has no information on officiating practices or policies prior to his period of employment.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 03:43 AM
It's very simple: you call some violations and ignore others. Take a look at some tapes of Mo' Cheeks back in the day. Dude carried with EVERY dribble! Moses traveled at least a dozen times a game. The violations are endless. The overlooked contact is endless.

Out of this huge soup of possible calls, the officials are free to blow the whistle at their discretion. This is why you see such huge, lopsided disparities in free throws.

This is why Donaghy was able to win bets on NBA games with such regularity. He knew certain officials HATED certain players, coaches, and/or owners. If those officials were assigned to crews against teams they hated, those teams would invariably lose.

If officials were assigned to teams with players that they liked or which were close to home and didn't require travel during the playoffs etc. those teams WON.

Donaghy has no information on officiating practices or policies prior to his period of employment.

hey so you stopped following yeah?

jam
07-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Yeah same thoughts here - it wouldn't be market size either.

You could argue global exposure and worldwide name recognition like what the Bulls did with Jordan. But then - Durant's closer to Jordan's skillset anyway.

Hard to understand why they would fix.

If you've followed coverage of the NBA in mainstream sport outlets, LeBron is receiving VERY favorable media coverage. As in, commentators are claiming he has matured, he has handled the adverse criticism commendably, as in JVG claiming that whatever LeBron's sins, people should get over it, etc.

LeBron is clearly being marketed as a global brand. Durant will have his "era", but it's about five years off.

jam
07-10-2012, 03:50 AM
hey so you stopped following yeah?

No, I have not stopped watching pro basketball. But I don't have to buy into the illusion that the game has any integrity. I'll watch pro wrestling as well, even though it's obvious the outcome is pre-determined. I still watch movies, even though the lines are scripted.

It's still a great athletic exhibition, and therefore enjoyable to watch on that level. But I don't ignore the corruption, either.

BURAKOBE
07-10-2012, 04:34 AM
when i read posts on these stuff, it always seems like, people who think it's not rigged are trying to justify what is happening on the court.

I mean come on people, how can we really assume referees didn't see wade's hit on rondo's face in game 2 OT. Or the foul Lebron commited on Durant at the end of game 2. Lets assume it's the finals and referees don't call easy fouls, then why you give that incredibly tick tacky 4th foul on durant and send him to bench in game 3, 3rd quarter. Or anyone who has a little bit of sanity can say everything was normal in 2006 NBA finals. Mavericks got killed by the refs, clear as day. All those incredible technical fouls and flagrants that Miami's opponents faced from New York to Indiana to Boston. All year long people were shouting that the Miami Heat is playing with different set of rules. It may not be completely rigged but to say there is nothing going on is plain ridicuolus to me.

jam
07-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Donaghy discusses this series in some detail. More generally speaking, he details the relationship between Cuban and the referees. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the referees HATED Cuban. He was constantly contacting the league offices to complain. On top of that, the refs hated him even more because he was usually RIGHT. On top of THAT, the refs hated him because he drastically increased their workload by forcing them (through league mandate) to write up reports after each game.

Even though the refs hated him to a man, the league offices respect all owners and try to accommodate them, so it became a push pull battle, with the league office advocating on Cuban's behalf due to his endless (but legitimate) complaints and the officials trying to trash him at every turn, although ultimately having to comply with league ultimatums.

Donaghy singles out the 2002 Lakers/Sac series and the 2006 mavs/heat series as two series which were heavily manipulated by the league front office in the former case, and by officials of their own accord in the latter case.

when i read posts on these stuff, it always seems like, people who think it's not rigged are trying to justify what is happening on the court.

I mean come on people, how can we really assume referees didn't see wade's hit on rondo's face in game 2 OT. Or the foul Lebron commited on Durant at the end of game 2. Lets assume it's the finals and referees don't call easy fouls, then why you give that incredibly tick tacky 4th foul on durant and send him to bench in game 3, 3rd quarter. Or anyone who has a little bit of sanity can say everything was normal in 2006 NBA finals. Mavericks got killed by the refs, clear as day. All those incredible technical fouls and flagrants that Miami's opponents faced from New York to Indiana to Boston. All year long people were shouting that the Miami Heat is playing with different set of rules. It may not be completely rigged but to say there is nothing going on is plain ridicuolus to me.

3ballbomber
07-10-2012, 07:18 AM

I've been betting the NBA for 5 seasons now. Many in the betting culture realize the NBA games are rigged. Just following the spreads, line movements and where the public money is on and the result of the game for the 5 seasons i've been betting - that's an average of about 4 games per day/ per season.......you can't help but think something smells foul.

But not only have i been betting for a while now but i'vealso been watching the NBA since the early 80's. The observations i have made have come the the conclusion that NBA games are massaged by the officiating wether you wish to believe it or not. IF you think the NBA is 100% legit you being very naive and highly gullible.

Also, not sure if anybody followed Donaghy last season but he was giving plays in the playoffs publicly and was something like 19-4 in the NBA playoffs based on the things he stated in his book. His reason for giving the plays was to prove the league is indeed rigged and his book outlines the methods, reasons for which they rig games.

I think this corruption does reach the top....Stern!

Huntey
07-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah, read the book written by a convicted criminal! READ IT! You can trust him to be 100% truthful and accurate!

Tom Stone
07-10-2012, 07:47 AM
It's time to clean up the sport.............things must be changed to make it easier to ref and at the same time harder to get a call wrong.......heres some ideas.

1. hire 3 second in the key refs, so these refs only focus on that call......then the other refs could focus more on the actually play

2. Allow more instant replays, a lot more.......with teams allowed to review more plays refs would be pressured to make the right call......knowing the call will be changed anyway..........takes a little power away from the ref, so he cant make a bad call, and say oops i missed it, nothing I or you can do now

3ballbomber
07-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah, read the book written by a convicted criminal! READ IT! You can trust him to be 100% truthful and accurate!
What r u 5 yrs old? the Government is filled with corruption and crooked politicians yet they rule the lives of the people. Same can be said about the Police force, corporations, companies etc. So what makes you so certain something like the NBA that projects revenue of billions of dollars is 100% clean?! Don't be naive. Learn to Question rather than think like a prepubescent child. Sure Donaghy was convicted but only because he got caught - it doesn't necessarily mean those who havent been caught aren't corrupt. You've got to think the world is rainbows and fairy floss if you believe that.

imbetterthanyou
07-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Game 6 2002 WCF.

Huntey
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
What r u 5 yrs old? the Government is filled with corruption and crooked politicians yet they rule the lives of the people. Same can be said about the Police force, corporations, companies etc. So what makes you so certain something like the NBA that projects revenue of billions of dollars is 100% clean?! Don't be naive. Learn to Question rather than think like a prepubescent child. Sure Donaghy was convicted but only because he got caught - it doesn't necessarily mean those who havent been caught aren't corrupt. You've got to think the world is rainbows and fairy floss if you believe that.

Of course there's corruption, there's corruption everywhere. And for the record I never said the NBA wasn't corrupt, I think there IS corruption to a degree. It's just not happening in every game, every season, 100% of the time.

I'm just stating that the book is obviously going to give the most biased view point possible and any 'sources' will likely be biased too. If the book was 100% the truth don't you think NBA lawyers would have tried to stop it going to print, don't you think other ex-reffs would have come forward and agreed, don't you think the media would have jumped on it and made it a huge national story?

Instead it's just circulating around sports forums.

And don't go saying that the media are in on it too because that would make you sound stupid.

Mr.B
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Donaghy reminds me of Jose Canseco. Huge douche but unfortunately speaks the truth on this issue (like Canseco did on steroids). He mentioned how the Heat's win against the Mavs in '06 was rigged because of Cuban being outspoken about how bad the officiating was.

Anyone who has any sense can tell calls always seem to go in the favor of certain players and the league obviously wants certain teams to win. That doesn't mean the NBA can't be entertaining. Wrestling has a huge fan base and no one thinks that **** is real.

Heatcheck
07-10-2012, 09:10 AM

he didnt say any of that, his point is simply, right or wrong, your taking the word of someone who got caught rigging games at face value (obviously because you believe the fact the nba is rigged, and this proves your point), and your reasoning is that everyone else in power is corrupt too so, f@ck it.

khaleesi
07-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I remember when Jose Canseco was vilified too.

As with Jose, Tim's story is not 100% perfectly accurate but directionally correct.

Blitzbolt
07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
For example, on December 26, 2006, Donaghy refereed a game in which the Washington Wizards hosted the Memphis Grizzlies. Donaghy originally informed Martino that he thought the Grizzlies would win. Just before the start of the game, however, an official NBA scorer entered the referees’ locker room and said that the Grizzlies were “all banged up.” Armed with this inside information concerning the physical condition of the Grizzlies, Donaghy called Martino and changed his pick to the Wizards. According to NBA records, the Wizards won 116-101

Another SNICHT picking on my grizzlies.

Nycbball08
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I def notice the Heat getting calls not just against the Knicks which was so obvious they swapped out the refs, but also against the Celts and OKC...I've known this for years but I stay tuned because of my love for the game.. It's like being married, for better or worst..

3RDASYSTEM
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Its funny how all corruption starts at the top(PRESIDENT)

Just like it does in sports with the commissioners who are taught by who? who lets them run the league? America/Politics

on some form of level if its a multibillion$$$ business there will be some form rather its mild or heavy,corruption..its well documented thru history of USA and Worldwide

T.Montana - ''This country was built on washing dollars''

Off topic, but go watch 'COCAINE COWBOYS' and see how the drug boom business built downtown MIA with all those banks and malls were clearing like 7-10billion annually...you think MIA is the only city to have been built like that? not NYC, not LA, not CHI? it is what it is

Hellcrooner
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Man, everybody can see it.

I mean.

The exact same action

Raja Bell for example, takes a very small hit on ( Kobe, Wade, Harden, Manu) a foul is called.

(Kobe , wade, harden, manu) take the very same hit on Raja bell, No foul.

Bigs, there are some that you cant even breath on while others have to bear being elbowed and see how other players put their knees on their butt, or hughe them and avoid them jumping for the rebound, and they never get a call on their side.

Point guards? you simply cant deffend the pauls, roses, derons or westbrooks, because you will get called a foul just by looking at them.

You barely ever see the Franchise player or the second option of a team being sent off with 6 fouls because in the words of ster " people pays to see those players on the court".

Star calls, they are called, and they are a disgrace.
This thing itself make the league corrupt.

MagicHero3
07-10-2012, 10:20 AM

cant have a popular movie without a bad guy. Heat vs OKC finals probably wracked in twice the ratings than a BOS vs OKC finals. thats what theyre after.

BigBongTheory
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised, I'm not naive when it comes to clean and dirty. People and businesses will do anything to go a step further, this isn't new, but people still tend to believe everything is Candyland. Rainbows and Lollipops for most people, but that doesn't mean i hear things like this from Donaghy's book and all of a sudden I am blown away and trust the guy with all my heart. It's like the draft, People jump on others for saying it's scripted to a certain extent, but the same people criticizing, don't realize they have no evidence in saying the draft is 100% clean. Go on about being skeptical is the best thing to do, there is no opinion or making your mind up on such a broad subject.

Voodoo Alchemy
07-10-2012, 10:52 AM

What surprises me most however, are all of the young fanboys whgo STILL believe that donaghy must be a rogue. BULLSH--! Donaghy and all other refs HAVE to call certain games a certain way if they are to remain in the league, get promoted and work the most profitable games, ie playoff games.

That's his version. have u investigated refs from all sports to come to your conclusion?

JiffyMix88
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
gotta check this book out already feel like its been rigged since i can remember but just getting insight from someone who actually was in on it is something that interest me. thanks op

bucketss
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
i knew something was up when the lakers shot more free throws in the 4th than the celtics did all game in the nba finals how the hell did that happen? :facepalm:

JohnnyOutcast
07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Does anyone who thinks the NBA is fixed actually have any evidence that could stand up in the court of law??

(crickets)

Well then, seeing how there is no actual proof and just a bunch of butthurt fans complaining about officiating it looks like this topic should be put to rest.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I read the book about 2 years ago. Very interesting. I would love to see the book that debunks everything he says, because it would seem pretty hard to prove he's making this **** up.

Just look at Dwayne Wade's record whenever Joey Crawford (I think that's who it is) is officiating. Goes back to the 2006 finals when he shot 1,583,533 free throws over a few games.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 12:09 PM

I mean.

The exact same action

Raja Bell for example, takes a very small hit on ( Kobe, Wade, Harden, Manu) a foul is called.

Bigs, there are some that you cant even breath on while others have to bear being elbowed and see how other players put their knees on their butt, or hughe them and avoid them jumping for the rebound, and they never get a call on their side.

Point guards? you simply cant deffend the pauls, roses, derons or westbrooks, because you will get called a foul just by looking at them.

You barely ever see the Franchise player or the second option of a team being sent off with 6 fouls because in the words of ster " people pays to see those players on the court".

This.

michael811
07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
i knew something was up when the lakers shot more free throws in the 4th than the celtics did all game in the nba finals how the hell did that happen? :facepalm:

or how about in game 2 of the 2008 finals when Powe shot more free throws for the celtics then the entire lakers team did. Something was wrong for that game.

YashBoone
07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
This is sadly a horrible thread. Not becAuse it's not a good topic, but because your just gonna have a bunch of angry dudes in here just talkin out of their *** without really looking into the issue.

I have been watching nba basketball since around 1989 and there is no doubt in my mind that nba games can and have been rigged, and your actually nieave to think otherwise.
Or just really optimistic about finding the good in people.

It makes perfect logical sense. And sterns main objective has always been to do whatever it takes to make the nba huge worldwide.

What happends is you have a guy who gets caught, and people think he acted in a vacuum and it was him an only him
When in reality it was probably more likely that he was just the one who hit caught. ....

Miami fans will probably take this thread personal and deny it tooth and nail.... But the reality is that the nba is a business.... It's easy to see when your talking bout trades, so why so hard to see when your talking about affecting the outcome of playoffs to make the most profitable and watchable and anticipated finals

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
wow. that miami heat fan was right all along

YashBoone
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Does anyone who thinks the NBA is fixed actually have any evidence that could stand up in the court of law??

(crickets)

Well then, seeing how there is no actual proof and just a bunch of butthurt fans complaining about officiating it looks like this topic should be put to rest.

That's one of the more bogus things I've heard?

Let me ask you this.....have you ever had a feeling something was wrong but couldn't Quite put your figure on it?
In those moments, can you really provide any physical evidence besides a gut feeling?

gbrl
07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
rigged

Shark
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I've been betting the NBA for 5 seasons now. Many in the betting culture realize the NBA games are rigged. Just following the spreads, line movements and where the public money is on and the result of the game for the 5 seasons i've been betting - that's an average of about 4 games per day/ per season.......you can't help but think something smells foul.

But not only have i been betting for a while now but i'vealso been watching the NBA since the early 80's. The observations i have made have come the the conclusion that NBA games are massaged by the officiating wether you wish to believe it or not. IF you think the NBA is 100% legit you being very naive and highly gullible.

Also, not sure if anybody followed Donaghy last season but he was giving plays in the playoffs publicly and was something like 19-4 in the NBA playoffs based on the things he stated in his book. His reason for giving the plays was to prove the league is indeed rigged and his book outlines the methods, reasons for which they rig games.

I think this corruption does reach the top....Stern!

Lol is he still giving picks :) I am in need of easy NBA rigging cash!

Uncbball234
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Watch the Wizards at Orlando game from last season and tell me the refs aren't point shaving. Nick Young had 20 in the 4th to F the refs. There whole team was in foul trouble the first half.

sledge_mylez
07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Nothing is more ignorant that to single out the NBA as being rigged. In the NFL they can call holding on EVERY single play and they selectively chose when to call the violation. Referencing the NBA releasing press releases to rectify bad calls made is also foolish, I remember a few years back the Steelers V Patriots game Troy Polamalu got a "saftey" which cost betters millions of dollars in vegas or online. The saftey was a determining factor in the outcome in the game, but it effected money which is the root of all riggings and conspiracies. If you want to argue the NBA is rigged, I can argue the same thing for every other sport. If you are a conspiracy theorist you can almost believe anything if you really choose too.

fishedz
07-10-2012, 01:03 PM
NBA=WWE

It's been BS for decades really, if you can't see it....you are a blind fan. Does it always affect the outcome? No...but they sure try as hard as they can and it is embarassing. For fans like me, who've watched the game for 30 years....they don't get my ratings.

At least in the NFL...if teh refs boff something horribly...they try and make it up.

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 01:13 PM
If you guys wanna see some rigged NBA action ... does anybody remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nyu69Oj1q4

ECF Miami vs Detroit 2006 , they couldn't make it anymore obvious that the refs had betting action !!! LOL

So fishy the end of that game !

JohnnyOutcast
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM

Let me ask you this.....have you ever had a feeling something was wrong but couldn't Quite put your figure on it?
In those moments, can you really provide any physical evidence besides a gut feeling?

I can see this at a trial:

Judge: Do you actually have and physical evidence to link the defendant to the murder?

Lawyer: Your honor, we do not have any proof that the accused committed the crime, but we do have a strong gut feeling about this.

Judge: (sigh) You do make a compelling case. We find the defendant guilty as charged...........

defendant: :sigh:

BigBlueCrew
07-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I think the funniest part during this last NBA Finals was Game 2 everyone was complaining about the non call foul on Kevin Durant. Then ESPN interviews that imbecile Steve Javie "the referees did an excellent job this finals" "I give them an A" :facepalm:. Its statements like that which make them lose all credibility.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM

Which book?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1569804443/ref=rdr_ext_sb_ti_hist_1

BTW there are various other reports on the BS Donaghy tried to feed to you guys, and its telling how little faith his own publishers had in his truthfulness.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
For example, on December 26, 2006, Donaghy refereed a game in which the Washington Wizards hosted the Memphis Grizzlies. Donaghy originally informed Martino that he thought the Grizzlies would win. Just before the start of the game, however, an official NBA scorer entered the referees’ locker room and said that the Grizzlies were “all banged up.” Armed with this inside information concerning the physical condition of the Grizzlies, Donaghy called Martino and changed his pick to the Wizards. According to NBA records, the Wizards won 116-101

Another SNICHT picking on my grizzlies.

Anecdotal evidence works both ways tho, overall the man lies far too often for me to buy into his opinions.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I read the book about 2 years ago. Very interesting. I would love to see the book that debunks everything he says, because it would seem pretty hard to prove he's making this **** up.

Just look at Dwayne Wade's record whenever Joey Crawford (I think that's who it is) is officiating. Goes back to the 2006 finals when he shot 1,583,533 free throws over a few games.

Whats so hard about checking the facts behind his theories? Not all are covered in the book but you can still see other followups on his crap theories.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 01:36 PM
This is sadly a horrible thread. Not becAuse it's not a good topic, but because your just gonna have a bunch of angry dudes in here just talkin out of their *** without really looking into the issue.

I have been watching nba basketball since around 1989 and there is no doubt in my mind that nba games can and have been rigged, and your actually nieave to think otherwise.
Or just really optimistic about finding the good in people.

It makes perfect logical sense. And sterns main objective has always been to do whatever it takes to make the nba huge worldwide.

What happends is you have a guy who gets caught, and people think he acted in a vacuum and it was him an only him
When in reality it was probably more likely that he was just the one who hit caught. ....

Miami fans will probably take this thread personal and deny it tooth and nail.... But the reality is that the nba is a business.... It's easy to see when your talking bout trades, so why so hard to see when your talking about affecting the outcome of playoffs to make the most profitable and watchable and anticipated finals

What I want to know is why no one has stepped up to aid Donaghy. I mean when even a snippet of truth involving a conspiracy comes out, wouldnt someone come out to stand by him? Maybe they dont want to disgrace their family name, I could buy that but not even Tims own family? He has a former NBA ref as a relative, what does he have to lose? Why isnt he making as big a fuss about this?

Chronz
07-10-2012, 01:37 PM

I mean.

The exact same action

LOL not convinced

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1569804443/ref=rdr_ext_sb_ti_hist_1

BTW there are various other reports on the BS Donaghy tried to feed to you guys, and its telling how little faith his own publishers had in his truthfulness.

How does that book debunk what Doneghy said though regarding the other ref's tendacies and favoritism?

From what I can tell that book is just about Battista and Martino (along with eyewitness accounts) giving their story of how they gambled on games with inside information from Doneghy, which is cool and all. But does it debunk Doneghy's comments regarding ref's holding star players above others when it comes to foul calls? Or how certain refs hate/love certain players, therefore call games to help/hinder those players?

Chronz
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM

I wont lie, hes been a valuable source before. But hes not the only one on this matter.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Whats so hard about checking the facts behind his theories? Not all are covered in the book but you can still see other followups on his crap theories.

Some of the facts though are backed up, such as video evidence of the 2001 WCF. Dwayne Wade's record (what is it like 17-1) in which games are called by Crawford is a fact, not just my opinion.

smith&wesson
07-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Well then we might as well just skip to the conference finals this season.

If its rigged, it will be OKC vs. LAL and Miami vs. Boston.

more like

okc vs la in the west

miami vs brooklyn in the east

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 01:40 PM
What I want to know is why no one has stepped up to aid Donaghy. I mean when even a snippet of truth involving a conspiracy comes out, wouldnt someone come out to stand by him? Maybe they dont want to disgrace their family name, I could buy that but not even Tims own family? He has a former NBA ref as a relative, what does he have to lose? Why isnt he making as big a fuss about this?

A lot of the refs discussed still hold their job, they would most likely instantly lose it if they sided with Tim. That's enough for me to not say anything.

YoungOne
07-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I read the booked and I believe, that most of this happened. It sounds that some games are to much controlled by the refs arbitrariness rather than the league is rigged.

dnewguy
07-10-2012, 01:53 PM
let me see......let me read a book some jilted Republican has to say about Obama. Must be true....must be true.

Shark
07-10-2012, 01:53 PM

Umm why would anyone come to his defense? He admitted to doing something illegal and he profitted from it. I dont think he really gives a crap lol. It's like the story out in Edmonton where the 21 year old guy killed his co workers at a security job to steal the $300,000+ cash, even his own mother told him to come clean and turn himself in.

He doesnt need anyone to come aid his "conspiracy theory" he is profitting from it with his book as well. It's up to the public to determine what the "truth" is.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 01:57 PM
let me see......let me read a book some jilted Republican has to say about Obama. Must be true....must be true.

Same situation. :rolleyes:

Chronz
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
How does that book debunk what Doneghy said though regarding the other ref's tendacies and favoritism?

From what I can tell that book is just about Battista and Martino (along with eyewitness accounts) giving their story of how they gambled on games with inside information from Doneghy, which is cool and all. But does it debunk Doneghy's comments regarding ref's holding star players above others when it comes to foul calls? Or how certain refs hate/love certain players, therefore call games to help/hinder those players?

It focuses more on discrediting Tims character and as a gambler, and if he truly did have the genius insight that he claims, he wouldnt be such a loser. I got into this with aminoser (forget his moniker) and Im pretty tired of arguing about this but if you like I could rummage up all the studies, debunked claims, inconsistent and wildly laughable actions into 1 nice post.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
A lot of the refs discussed still hold their job, they would most likely instantly lose it if they sided with Tim. That's enough for me to not say anything.
Ummm Im not talking about those still employed, I would think that would be obvious. Im talking about a certain ref whos in his family. What does Billy Oakes have to lose? He cant lose his job, he doesnt work for them. He cant disgrace his family, Tim has already done that. So why not run amok?

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I read the booked and I believe, that most of this happened. It sounds that some games are to much controlled by the refs arbitrariness rather than the league is rigged.

Which ones do you believe because if you bought into his insight, and you took it to Vegas, you would be severely in debt because of it.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Umm why would anyone come to his defense? He admitted to doing something illegal and he profitted from it. I dont think he really gives a crap lol. It's like the story out in Edmonton where the 21 year old guy killed his co workers at a security job to steal the $300,000+ cash, even his own mother told him to come clean and turn himself in.

He doesnt need anyone to come aid his "conspiracy theory" he is profitting from it with his book as well. It's up to the public to determine what the "truth" is.

So your argument is that nobody else would want to profit from jumping into the fray?

And of course he doesnt give a crap, he doesnt really care about facts or conflicting opinions why would he care that no one else in the know would lend credence to his views. Its definitely not the Donaghy way.

Shark
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
So your argument is that nobody else would want to profit from jumping into the fray?

And of course he doesnt give a crap, he doesnt really care about facts or conflicting opinions why would he care that no one else in the know would lend credence to his views. Its definitely not the Donaghy way.

Who's to say that the people that have no come forward to defend him are also the people that had already profitted from his events? Why put yourself into the mix and be apart of the mess?

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:18 PM
BTW What I find most interesting is how Donaghy has to tip toe around everything he writes. He cant outright say hes fixed games because he would go back to prison. Instead he alludes to things that have proven fallible and events that the opposing party denies, and is afraid to take a lie detector on the chance that they may ask him unfair questions. The man has balls I give you that much, from everything Ive read, it seems the FBI didnt do much work into checking his history in games hes reffed. Donaghy claims his own bets didnt influence his decision making with regards to fixing games and that he made his money with his insight on OTHER refs, yet the #'s say he was only remotely successful when he was involved in the game.

How is this guy still not locked up?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
It focuses more on discrediting Tims character and as a gambler, and if he truly did have the genius insight that he claims, he wouldnt be such a loser. I got into this with aminoser (forget his moniker) and Im pretty tired of arguing about this but if you like I could rummage up all the studies, debunked claims, inconsistent and wildly laughable actions into 1 nice post.

I'm probably going to check out that book. But I don't see what Tim character, gambling, being a "loser" has anything to do with the things he stated in his book, some being very believable when watching video footage of certain games.

People here aren't concerned with what Tim did or who he was as a person, its things he's claimed in his book (like the 2001 WCF, favortism on star calls, etc) that we all saw and can watch at anytime that certainly look to back up his claims.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Who's to say that the people that have no come forward to defend him are also the people that had already profitted from his events? Why put yourself into the mix and be apart of the mess?
Because there is more money to be made by lending credence to his stance. If 2 people are working the job, there are more headlines to grab, more public appearances to be made, more books to be had. I mean if my own nephew was doing it, I would jump in, but Im just greedy like that. Then again, maybe he was one of the refs who wasnt in the know, maybe Donaghy (despite being a low ranking official) had more trust within the NBA community. I could buy that....

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I wont lie, hes been a valuable source before. But hes not the only one on this matter.

LMFAO. Well played.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm probably going to check out that book. But I don't see what Tim character, gambling, being a "loser" has anything to do with the things he stated in his book, some being very believable when watching video footage of certain games.
Because if what he stated in the book were holistically true, then there wouldnt be such a blatant disconnect with reality. Consider the stance hes trying to take. That he didnt fix games himself but that he would make his money with the insight he held of other ref biases. Yet his own partners in crime didnt want to take those bets, they would much rather bet in the games he reffed.

Now why would Tim say this? 1) Because he doesnt want to go back to prison and 2) to stir **** up and not have to worry about backing up his case.

People here aren't concerned with what Tim did or who he was as a person, its things he's claimed in his book (like the 2001 WCF, favortism on star calls, etc) that we all saw and can watch at anytime that certainly look to back up his claims.
Im concerned with what he did, why would I trust someone whos blatantly lying? And of course hes going to cite egregiously called games, if regular joes like us complain about poor refs why wouldnt the guy whos looking to make a buck? The problem is you can go back many decades and find these kind of games where the ref gifted the star. They happen. As for his version of favoritism, if you were to bet on his guidance of ref bias, you would be heavily in debt.

And my idea of favoritism is something I would rather call the benefit of the doubt, and it exists because of the fact that refs review calls, its not just for stars but for players who they have misjudged before. I saw it firsthand with Maggette and Eric Gordon, they wouldnt get the same calls early in their careers that they did later. This is because the refs would realize how adept they were at drawing contact, suddenly those 50/50 calls become 60-40, 70/30 whatever the case may be.

Chronz
07-10-2012, 02:40 PM
BTW I consider myself a Rocket supporter, and I remember the outrage I had when the refs screwed the Rockets vs Dallas, the numerous blown calls, but I dont see why the NBA would want to keep Yao (A financial cash cow) from making it to R.2

If the NBA is conspiring, why are they doing it so wrong?

YashBoone
07-10-2012, 02:42 PM

I can see this at a trial:

Judge: Do you actually have and physical evidence to link the defendant to the murder?

Lawyer: Your honor, we do not have any proof that the accused committed the crime, but we do have a strong gut feeling about this.

Judge: (sigh) You do make a compelling case. We find the defendant guilty as charged...........

defendant: :sigh:

As you conveniently ignore the questions....

xk4
07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
If a few of the refs are corrupt, that sucks

If the refs all have their own interpretations of the rules that change on the fly based on what teams are playing, and what quarter it is...AND, if the league as a whole is too busy or too incompetent to seriously review some of these inconsistencies, that sucks even more

ryang
07-10-2012, 04:32 PM
yea id rather jump of a bridge then read this guys book.. certainly wouldnt pay for it..

BULLSFAN0810
07-10-2012, 05:44 PM
I

This is true, I have heard Stern himself say Cuban send in plays where a player may set an illegal screen. Stern reviews it/ the league officials decides. And I think the reason why the refs arrr picked 24 hrs before is because the mob and gambling.

basketfan4life
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM

oh boy, some of you guys are really stupid.

jam
07-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Donaghy explains why this happens: the league front office monitors the commentary: if any analyst or commentator is "too critical" ie honest, the league office calls the network production crew, which in turn calls the commentators DIRECTLY and IMMEDIATELY via their earpiece.

The commentators are told to stop criticizing the officiating, which is why you get these bizarre scenarios like the one you describe.

It's very similar to what happens in the WWE: Vince McMahon himself feeds many of the lines to Jerry Lawler, JR, etc. via earpiece (see Wrestling With Shadows" for example).

In this sense, even the tv commentary is "rigged" or at least heavily censored.

I think the funniest part during this last NBA Finals was Game 2 everyone was complaining about the non call foul on Kevin Durant. Then ESPN interviews that imbecile Steve Javie "the referees did an excellent job this finals" "I give them an A" :facepalm:. Its statements like that which make them lose all credibility.

jam
07-10-2012, 10:34 PM

Donaghy didn't have a "genius insight"; he simply used common sense and was able to predict that if certain refs were assigned to games with a player they hated, that player's team would lose. If a ref had a beef with a certain owner, that owner's team invariably lost. Or, if the ref didn't want to travel across the country and wanted to drive to a game, the team farther away lost the series.

It doesn't take a genius or much insight to figure out what's going on here.

jam
07-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Ummm Im not talking about those still employed, I would think that would be obvious. Im talking about a certain ref whos in his family. What does Billy Oakes have to lose? He cant lose his job, he doesnt work for them. He cant disgrace his family, Tim has already done that. So why not run amok?

You keep posting but avoid citing the book which you claim debunks Donaghy's claims.

jam
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
BTW I consider myself a Rocket supporter, and I remember the outrage I had when the refs screwed the Rockets vs Dallas, the numerous blown calls, but I dont see why the NBA would want to keep Yao (A financial cash cow) from making it to R.2

If the NBA is conspiring, why are they doing it so wrong?

It's a very good question. The league had a vested interest in promoting Yao in order to position the NBA as a global brand. However, it also has an interest in extending certain series, in order to boost revenue. This is when interests conflict and the league's front office has to make a decision one way or the other.

jam
07-10-2012, 10:39 PM
BTW What I find most interesting is how Donaghy has to tip toe around everything he writes. He cant outright say hes fixed games because he would go back to prison. Instead he alludes to things that have proven fallible and events that the opposing party denies, and is afraid to take a lie detector on the chance that they may ask him unfair questions. The man has balls I give you that much, from everything Ive read, it seems the FBI didnt do much work into checking his history in games hes reffed. Donaghy claims his own bets didnt influence his decision making with regards to fixing games and that he made his money with his insight on OTHER refs, yet the #'s say he was only remotely successful when he was involved in the game.

How is this guy still not locked up?

It really is time for you to come forward with the "source" which you claim debunks Donaghy or STFU. You obviously don't have such a source, therefore....

iFYouSeekAmy
07-11-2012, 02:28 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5914330n

KaganRS
07-11-2012, 02:34 AM
yea id rather jump of a bridge then read this guys book.. certainly wouldnt pay for it..

nahhhhhhhhhhh - you wouldn't !!!

jam
07-11-2012, 04:46 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5914330n

You want the truth?!? PSDForum CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!! :p

amos1er
07-11-2012, 05:22 AM

Couldn't agree more. But you're waisting your breath on here. People will believe what they want to believe. Not you or I will convince anyone otherwise. We will just have to wait until more people come out with some actual proof, then Stern will have his day and I will certainly be there to rub it in these Lebron nuthuggers faces. Can't wait for the day to come when I can say I TOLD YOU SO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKxxsDuDas&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLwaptt4I1Z3RavJmAnnFn1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo&feature=autoplay&list=LLwaptt4I1Z3RavJmAnnFn1Q&playnext=1

MagicHero3
07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I dont know how people choose to be ignorant to these things going on. i guess its the way of the world.

Muttman73
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
You know, I always wondered/appreciated how my Bulls got almost every break on their way to six titles with MJ (GOAT) on the team. Of course as soon as he was gone they got screwed against the Knicks in '94 because....

I have always felt that the NBA was crooked, I love the game but it remains a distant 4th in the pecking order because of crap like this.

I get how you Heat fans are probably pissed, but seriously there was no way you weren't going to the finals and winning this year...deservedly or not.

Stearn sucks

Pierzynski4Prez
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
It really is time for you to come forward with the "source" which you claim debunks Donaghy or STFU. You obviously don't have such a source, therefore....

He linked the book he was referring to like 2 pages back.

tcav701
07-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Fact is, Tim has forgotten more about the state of NBA officiating than we will ever know. Why are the same officials making the same bad calls, in the largest games, year after year. Because they help procure the most financialy rewarding results. Only a meteorologists can screw up as many times as these officials and keep their job. Unless of course, their mistakes are by design.

I remeber when Canseco first came out with the steroid acusations. Fans of ignorance wrote him off as a liar and someone craving attention.

However, he was right. Not only was he right but he started the movement which involved congress, stricter testing and penalties, numerous posistive test results and perceived aterisks next to cheating superstars. (Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, etc.)

What gets me the most is when people come on here and defend the league only when they feel it degrades their teams championship. Lakers fans think all was fair in 2010 but were claiming the finals were fixed in 2008. The opposite can be said about Celtics fans, 2008 was fair 2010 fixed.

And what about Heat fans? You guys are the model of standing by officiating and patting them on the back right? Why were things so different in last years finals? I dare you to compare your thoughts about officiating this year to last year.

To ignore the obvious is absurd. The league will do anything to increase their profits, they are business men and at this point, no longer fans of basketball.

What will be said when Deron and Joe Johnson are shooting career high FTA's? When Jeremy Lin shoots 20 free throws to appease the asian market? I'm sure the bleeding heart NBA fans will think of some excuse but I refuse to deny what stares me in the face.

Chronz
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Donaghy didn't have a "genius insight"; he simply used common sense and was able to predict that if certain refs were assigned to games with a player they hated, that player's team would lose. If a ref had a beef with a certain owner, that owner's team invariably lost. Or, if the ref didn't want to travel across the country and wanted to drive to a game, the team farther away lost the series.

It doesn't take a genius or much insight to figure out what's going on here.
Common sense? I dont see any here.

You keep posting but avoid citing the book which you claim debunks Donaghy's claims.
No I didnt, you just ignored the post. And I have said several times over there is lots of material on the matter.

It really is time you go back and read my posts. And there are various sources that have debunked his BS logic. Use some common sense plz

Chronz
07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
It's a very good question. The league had a vested interest in promoting Yao in order to position the NBA as a global brand. However, it also has an interest in extending certain series, in order to boost revenue. This is when interests conflict and the league's front office has to make a decision one way or the other.
This makes no sense, extending the series Yao partakes in would increase revenue to its fullest extent. Why would Stern opt to favor an owner like Cuban over a true global ambassador of the game? And from the looks of that series they sure could have used the help because the Rockets were getting HORRID calls. Why would Stern rig the series for the negative?

TheIlladelph16
07-11-2012, 03:54 PM
So the majority of people in this thread are taking the word of a convicted felon when making their judgement here? Jesus all conspiracy theorists are the damn same.... You all try to come up with some grand scheme that could possibly explain/justify your own subjective opinion on what actually happened. Just like the utter nonsense with rigging the NBA Lottery, you can come up with an alternate theory for just about every game/call/event in NBA history to fit your own personal narrative. Call me naive, blind, ignorant etc, this thread is just a sad group of people b*tching about stuff they don't agree with.

Yes, superstars are going to get the benefit of the doubt with certain calls (that is not rigging a game, let alone a championship gtfoh) and it just so happens that superstars tend to be on the bigger market teams that seem to go deep in the playoffs every year. And Jam (or should is say Timmy), Chronz literally posted the link to the book he referred to pages ago. Read before you post:facepalm:

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:08 AM
So the majority of people in this thread are taking the word of a convicted felon when making their judgement here? Jesus all conspiracy theorists are the damn same.... You all try to come up with some grand scheme that could possibly explain/justify your own subjective opinion on what actually happened. Just like the utter nonsense with rigging the NBA Lottery, you can come up with an alternate theory for just about every game/call/event in NBA history to fit your own personal narrative. Call me naive, blind, ignorant etc, this thread is just a sad group of people b*tching about stuff they don't agree with.

Yes, superstars are going to get the benefit of the doubt with certain calls (that is not rigging a game, let alone a championship gtfoh) and it just so happens that superstars tend to be on the bigger market teams that seem to go deep in the playoffs every year. And Jam (or should is say Timmy), Chronz literally posted the link to the book he referred to pages ago. Read before you post:facepalm:

So if the FBI uses the testimony of a low ranking mob member in order to convict a higher ranking mob member, it shouldn't be used because they would then be "taking the word of a convicted felon"?

I have news for you buddy, throughout history law enforcement on whatever stage has used the testimony of "convicted felons" in order to get their man.

According to your logic, the feds should stop using wire taps because their information they get could be coming from convicted felons and that would not be credible. :rolleyes:

If I had a nickel for everytime the FBI used the testimony of a "convicted felon" in order to put another higher ranking criminal behind bars I would be a rich man.

Getting lower ranking criminals to "rat" on higher ranking criminals is a tactic that has been used throughout the ages. So by you saying that Donaghy is not credible based on the fact that he is a "convicted felon" is an argument that holds no water.

If you were to look at the facts of his testimony and break them down individually through the use proven facts and sound logic to prove he is full of ****....that would be a whole other story. :cool:

Iceman_9
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Time to replace stern. He has earned more than enough.

jam
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
This makes no sense, extending the series Yao partakes in would increase revenue to its fullest extent. Why would Stern opt to favor an owner like Cuban over a true global ambassador of the game? And from the looks of that series they sure could have used the help because the Rockets were getting HORRID calls. Why would Stern rig the series for the negative?

You didn't understand the point. Yao's team was ahead and headed home, which could've meant an early end to the series. By giving their opponent the (officiating) advantage, it would extend the series. Thereby, increasing revenue for the league.

Oh, btw, still waiting for that book you have which exposes Donaghy's "lies."

Sarcasm.

jam
07-12-2012, 12:19 AM
The foreword for the book is written by a retired FBI official intimately involved and familiar with the case. The FBI went over Donaghy's testimony very closely, scrutinizing it for inconsistencies. If the FBI was able to document inconsistencies, that meant Donaghy would once again be subject to full prosecution.

Donaghy therefore, had every incentive to speak the facts. Otherwise, any invention on his part meant that he would likely be caught sooner or later giving contradictory testimony.

If caught fabricating testimony, this would likely mean a much longer sentence, increasing stress, mountains of legal bills, and so on.

The most likely scenario then, is that Donaghy did in fact give credible testimony.

So if the FBI uses the testimony of a low ranking mob member in order to convict a higher ranking mob member, it shouldn't be used because they would then be "taking the word of a convicted felon"?

I have news for you buddy, throughout history law enforcement on whatever stage has used the testimony of "convicted felons" in order to get their man.

According to your logic, the feds should stop using wire taps because their information they get could be coming from convicted felons and that would not be credible. :rolleyes:

If I had a nickel for everytime the FBI used the testimony of a "convicted felon" in order to put another higher ranking criminal behind bars I would be a rich man.

Getting lower ranking criminals to "rat" on higher ranking criminals is a tactic that has been used throughout the ages. So by you saying that Donaghy is not credible based on the fact that he is a "convicted felon" is an argument that holds no water.

If you were to look at the facts of his testimony and break them down individually through the use proven facts and sound logic to prove he is full of ****....that would be a whole other story. :cool:

jam
07-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Common sense? I dont see any here.

No I didnt, you just ignored the post. And I have said several times over there is lots of material on the matter.

It really is time you go back and read my posts. And there are various sources that have debunked his BS logic. Use some common sense plz

So post it. But we know you won't, because it doesn't exist. :)

bucketss
07-12-2012, 12:24 AM

i have one question for you, game 7 2010 nba finals rigged or not? i already saw you argue that the 2002 wcf wasn't rigged.

Trace
07-12-2012, 12:25 AM
So we're going to believe him unequivocally just because he confirms your own bias?

He got burnt, he's looking for other ways to make money. Tapping into a fan base full of rabid conspiracy nuts with a book corroborating with half of the popular conspiracy theories in there with a couple of half truths in there would be the first thing that I'll do too.

Half of the players got flat out broke when they're out of this league. If something was up, they would be more people coming forward. Not just a guy who pissed off all the wrong people. Wouldn't be surprised if he's doing it to pay off the mob or something.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Time to replace stern. He has earned more than enough.

Stern actually will be replaced in 2014...by none other than his own chosen protege, the deputy commissioner Adam Silver. :facepalm:

Essentially, they will be replacing one dictator with another. Its like Adolf Hitler retiring and appointing heinrich himmler as his replacement. Or like in North Korea when kim jong il was replaced with his son Kim Jon Un.

Get ready for Stern Jr. to take command. :(

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:30 AM
The foreword for the book is written by a retired FBI official intimately involved and familiar with the case. The FBI went over Donaghy's testimony very closely, scrutinizing it for inconsistencies. If the FBI was able to document inconsistencies, that meant Donaghy would once again be subject to full prosecution.

Donaghy therefore, had every incentive to speak the facts. Otherwise, any invention on his part meant that he would likely be caught sooner or later giving contradictory testimony.

If caught fabricating testimony, this would likely mean a much longer sentence, increasing stress, mountains of legal bills, and so on.

The most likely scenario then, is that Donaghy did in fact give credible testimony.

I concur.

cubbies7177
07-12-2012, 12:32 AM
So we're going to believe him unequivocally just because he confirms your own bias?

He got burnt, he's looking for other ways to make money. Tapping into a fan base full of rabid conspiracy nuts with a book corroborating with half of the popular conspiracy theories in there with a couple of half truths in there would be the first thing that I'll do too.

Half of the players got flat out broke when they're out of this league. If something was up, they would be more people coming forward. Not just a guy who pissed off all the wrong people. Wouldn't be surprised if he's doing it to pay off the mob or something.

why do you assume the players would know?

they wouldn't have to tell the players anything. all they would have to do is alter the calls in the game to favor one team or another.

i havent even read all the posts.. but your logic there doesn't make sense.

if rigging were happening, the people that would know would be referees and david stern... the players and owners would not have to know a thing.

jam
07-12-2012, 12:35 AM

Have you read the book? Are you familiar with any of his arguments, claims and evidence specifically? No, you are dismissing it out of hand, without any consideration of the evidence.

Instead, you engage in name-calling, personal attacks and accusations which are completely fabricated without any basis in testimony or sources.

Stop with the ad hominem attacks and start to engage the evidence.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:38 AM
i have one question for you, game 7 2010 nba finals rigged or not? i already saw you argue that the 2002 wcf wasn't rigged.

I've seen the youtube video that the Celtic fans put up breaking down each individual call they felt to be dubious. That said, I really didn't see much to gripe about. With the absence of Kendrick Perkins, the Celtics were very thin in their front line having only KG and Big Baby to deal with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom. If you look at the box score, you will see that the Celtics got most of the calls in the first half of the game...most likely to keep them in it because they were sitting ducks without Perkins having to face the Lakers on the road. Most of those calls in the 4th, were not too dubious IMO considering the fact that the refs helped them out in the first half knowing they didn't have Perkins and due to the overall dominance of the Laker Bigs when the refs stopped helping them all together in the 4th. Even Doc Rivers who isn't shy to complain about bad calls didn't make issue with the officiating in that game. Its not like they really can complain though after what they got away with in game 2 of the finals back in 2008.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I've seen the youtube video that the Celtic fans put up breaking down each individual call they felt to be dubious. That said, I really didn't see much to gripe about. With the absence of Kendrick Perkins, the Celtics were very thin in their front line having only KG and Big Baby to deal with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom. If you look at the box score, you will see that the Celtics got most of the calls in the first half of the game...most likely to keep them in it because they were sitting ducks without Perkins having to face the Lakers on the road. Most of those calls in the 4th, were not too dubious IMO considering the fact that the refs helped them out in the first half knowing they didn't have Perkins and due to the overall dominance of the Laker Bigs when the refs stopped helping them all together in the 4th. Even Doc Rivers who isn't shy to complain about bad calls didn't make issue with the officiating in that game. Its not like they really can complain though after what they got away with in game 2 of the finals back in 2008.

lol lakers can do no wrong you're so unbelievably biased.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Have you read the book? Are you familiar with any of his arguments, claims and evidence specifically? No, you are dismissing it out of hand, without any consideration of the evidence.

Instead, you engage in name-calling, personal attacks and accusations which are completely fabricated without any basis in testimony or sources.

one question for you my man, 2010 nba finals rigged or not?

jam
07-12-2012, 12:42 AM

they wouldn't have to tell the players anything. all they would have to do is alter the calls in the game to favor one team or another.

if rigging were happening, the people that would know would be referees and david stern... the players and owners would not have to know a thing.

I am sure that many of the players are well aware of what is going on, at least generally speaking.

Allen Iverson is quoted as saying that he was being "punished" by certain officials who held a grudge against him.

Kobe Bryant is quoted as expecting what are often referred to as "star calls." In other words, he not only was aware of preferential officiating, he expected it. As did Michael Jordan.

Many GM's coaches, and owners were aware of the corruption. Mark Cuban was by far the most vocal of the owners in his complaints.

As a matter of fact, a letter was written and sent to Cuban by a rep. for NBA officials which states in plain language that the Mavericks would get better calls if Cuban stopped complaining.

It doesn't get any more blatant than that!!!!

Let me explain again: NBA OFFICIALS DISCRIMINATED AGAINST SPECIFIC OWNERS, namely Mark Cuban, for COMPLAINING ABOUT CORRUPT REFEREES AND OFFICIATING. I REPEAT, NBA OFFICIALS RIGGED GAMES AGAINST MARK CUBAN BECAUSE HE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE FACT THAT GAMES WERE RIGGED.

jam
07-12-2012, 12:45 AM
one question for you my man, 2010 nba finals rigged or not?

I don't know. I didn't watch the series very carefully myself, and I don't have any documentation or testimony that it was. Therefore, I obviously could not reliably say.

Having said that, I would not be at all surprised if referees did sway specific games, and intentionally so. From what I recall, Boston had a slim lead in game 7 during the fourth quarter, and that the Lakers were able to mount a comeback.

What is your opinion on the matter? It's something I'd be willing to investigate further.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:45 AM

Ah name calling and personal attacks. A typical argument tactic here in the NBA forum...especially when dealing with the topic of Tim Donaghy. If I had a dollar for every ad hominem attack I received over the years when debating this topic, I could buy myself a new Benz. :D

Of course when you call them out for their ad hominem attacks (as I have done many times) you will then be told to "not watch the NBA anymore if you feel that way"...as if that is supposed to make their weak arguments stronger and make the bad voices go away so that they can continue to live in their fools paradise.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 12:46 AM
to be honest i really don't think stern is apart of the refs rigging games, This would be extremely risky for stern because now the refs can black mail him and take some kind of plea to really **** up his life. I still do possibly think the lottery is rigged though.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 12:49 AM
I don't know. I didn't watch the series very carefully myself, and I don't have any documentation or testimony that it was. Therefore, I obviously could not reliably say.

Having said that, I would not be at all surprised if referees did sway specific games, and intentionally so. From what I recall, Boston had a slim lead in game 7 during the fourth quarter, and that the Lakers were able to mount a comeback.

What is your opinion on the matter? It's something I'd be willing to investigate further.

Definitely suspicious, the lakers got outplayed that game from the start but in the 4th the lakers shot more free throws than the celtics did all game they got every single call even this one play where gasol was out of bounce but they still gave the ball back to the lakers. Kobe shot 6-23 and basically just choked i guess they couldn't have that on kobes resume.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
I am sure that many of the players are well aware of what is going on, at least generally speaking.

Allen Iverson is quoted as saying that he was being "punished" by certain officials who held a grudge against him.

Kobe Bryant is quoted as expecting what are often referred to as "star calls." In other words, he not only was aware of preferential officiating, he expected it. As did Michael Jordan.

Many GM's coaches, and owners were aware of the corruption. Mark Cuban was by far the most vocal of the owners in his complaints.

As a matter of fact, a letter was written and sent to Cuban by a rep. for NBA officials which states in plain language that the Mavericks would get better calls if Cuban stopped complaining.

Let me explain again: NBA OFFICIALS DISCRIMINATED AGAINST SPECIFIC OWNERS, namely Mark Cuban, for COMPLAINING ABOUT CORRUPT REFEREES AND OFFICIATING. I REPEAT, NBA OFFICIALS RIGGED GAMES AGAINST MARK CUBAN BECAUSE HE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE FACT THAT GAMES WERE RIGGED.

:clap:

Exactly!!!

The FBI felt that Donaghy's testimony was credible enough for them to reduce his sentence. If Donaghy was full of ****, an extremely credible agency like the FBI would have been able to tell.

All of Donaghy's allegations were simply denied by Stern. In essence, its his word against Sterns and the other officials...all whom of which have an enormous financial incentive to keep their mouths shut. Now who am I supposed to believe? Donaghy who gave many specific facts and who's testimony was deemed credible by the FBI, or David Stern and his lackeys who stand to further profit and avoid prison by continuing to lie...Hmmmmm

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Definitely suspicious, the lakers got outplayed that game from the start but in the 4th the lakers shot more free throws than the celtics did all game they got every single call even this one play where gasol was out of bounce but they still gave the ball back to the lakers. Kobe shot 6-23 and basically just choked i guess they couldn't have that on kobes resume.

The Celtics shot poorly from the field as well. So by bringing up Kobe's poor shooting as a means to prove that the refs aided the Lakers is a poor argument.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 12:56 AM
to be honest i really don't think stern is apart of the refs rigging games, This would be extremely risky for stern because now the refs can black mail him and take some kind of plea to really **** up his life. I still do possibly think the lottery is rigged though.

Why would the refs want to blackmail him? By doing so, they stand to loose their six figure salaries not to mention they would be incriminating themselves as well. They really have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

jam
07-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Here's an interesting article written by Tim Donaghy; it's a preview of the 2010 nba finals. He says the lakers had better players and coaching.

He also states that the NBA wanted a long series and that referees would be given directives to extend the series.

He predicted that the lakers would win, lol.

Donaghy also implies that with such two evenly matched teams, the series could come down to star treatment calls on behalf of Kobe Bryant.

I mean, pretty amazing stuff. He called the series EXACTLY before a single game was played. He also claims that he predicted the outcomes of other series during the 2010 playoffs:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tim-donaghy/2010-nba-finals-preview_b_598513.html

They've met eleven times before, as recently as 2008, and between them, there are 32 Championship rings. You guessed it, The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics meet for the twelfth time in the 2010 NBA Finals (although it could have been Cleveland vs. Los Angeles had Delonte West kept his wandering eye on the ball!). The way I see it, though, if you apply the blueprint I created in my book, Personal Foul, the league's head office will do their level best to extend the series. Looking at the moving parts -- the fans, the coaching staff, and the players -- it's interesting to speculate on who might walk away with the ring. The wildcard, though, is how the referees will facilitate the message coming down from the head office, which can easily change the direction of the series.

All eyes will be on the individual match-ups and the referees assigned to judge the series. Looking at the fans, those from Boston are among the most knowledgeable in any league. They will cast an incredibly critical eye on the referees throughout the finals. Phil Jackson will wish he was in Sacramento, no doubt he will be wearing his ear plugs. As most NBA games are decided in the first quarter, and since the LA fans don't show up until the second quarter, those fans won't help the outcome of the games much at all. As I score the fans, the advantage goes to the Boston Celtics.

The coaching staffs are a different story. Doc Rivers tries to manipulate the refs by sucking up to them. If that fails, he starts to whine like a baby. Phil Jackson, on the other hand, uses sarcasm and the media to help him with the officials and he does an excellent job at working them game at a time. Jackson's game by game adjustments will make Rivers' head spin. Scoring the coaches and their styles of court side manners, the advantage goes to the Los Angeles Lakers.

As for the players, you can be sure that Kobe will continue to receive 'star treatment', look for the whistle to blow each time he receives a bump or a scratch. Comparing this year's talent, Kobe/Odom/Artest should prevail over Garnet/Rondo/Pierce and I'll throw in Allen. With that, Boston will be frustrated with the refs if they feel to be getting anything less than a fair shake. Game 5 in the Orlando vs. Boston series comes to mind as an example of that. Perkins, Wallace and Rivers will not be able to keep their emotions in check if they feel slighted. Look for some fireworks in games 2 and 3. Scoring the players, both on skill and chemistry, I give the advantage to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In the 2010 playoff series, I quite accurately made some game predictions solely to prove the point of the book's blueprint. I did not, however, pick winners in order to further anyone's gambling habits. In fact, looking in the mirror at myself, as well as the clients that I am now helping through my work at the Firstep Consulting, a gambling treatment facility based in New Jersey and owned by Mike Osborne, I am reminded that the true winners emerging from these playoffs are the very people who can fend off the temptation to have any action on these games.

Does it matter who I think will take home the ring? No, rather, I am hopeful that my book has created a larger awareness of the crooked outcomes in professional basketball as well as the evils of gambling on those very games. The NBA would be wise to let the best team win and simultaneously prove me wrong. But really, I think the head office, as chief architect of series' outcome, will let the refs do the dirty work of letting the almighty dollar call the winner of this series.

Stay tuned for my game breakdowns in this Lakers/Celtics series!

bucketss
07-12-2012, 12:59 AM
The Celtics shot poorly from the field as well. So by bringing up Kobe's poor shooting as a means to prove that the refs aided the Lakers is a poor argument.

so in your head the league rigs everything except when the lakers play, take off your bias glasses, kobe is suppose to be the next mj he goes 6-24 and 0-6 from three with 4 turnovers which would have been considered one of the hardest chokes in nba history they just couldn't have that blemish on his career.

jam
07-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Why would the refs want to blackmail him? By doing so, they stand to loose their six figure salaries as well as incriminate themselves. They really have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Correct. Donaghy was making a quarter of a million dollars a year on his NBA salary. He was also rubbing shoulders with the greatest athletes in the world and with A list celebrities.

His daughters were enrolled in private schools, his wife didn't have to lift a finger, he lived in a mansion and drove luxury cars. It was a life of immense privilege.

These referees aren't going to do anything to rat out their boss. He's making them rich! Donaghy wouldn't have either, were it not for his gambling problems and subsequent prosecution.

jam
07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
so in your head the league rigs everything except when the lakers play, take off your bias glasses, kobe is suppose to be the next mj he goes 6-24 and 0-6 from three with 4 turnovers which would have been considered one of the hardest chokes in nba history they just couldn't have that blemish on his career.

Stars of Kobe's caliber are going to receive preferential treatment, yes. The fact that he's in the LA market helps a lot as well. As does the fact that most referees are in awe of his talent.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Why would the refs want to blackmail him? By doing so, they stand to loose their six figure salaries not to mention they would be incriminating themselves as well. They really have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

it just takes one idiot to screw everything up, or maybe the fbi sends an undercover ref. I feel stern may know about it but just doesn't care and the refs have their own small group where they make bank of this

3ballbomber
07-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Here's an interesting article written by Tim Donaghy; it's a preview of the 2010 nba finals. He says the lakers had better players and coaching.

He also states that the NBA wanted a long series and that referees would be given directives to extend the series.

He predicted that the lakers would win, lol.

Donaghy also implies that with such two evenly matched teams, the series could come down to star treatment calls on behalf of Kobe Bryant.

I mean, pretty amazing stuff. He called the series EXACTLY before a single game was played. He also claims that he predicted the outcomes of other series during the 2010 playoffs:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tim-donaghy/2010-nba-finals-preview_b_598513.html

They've met eleven times before, as recently as 2008, and between them, there are 32 Championship rings. You guessed it, The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics meet for the twelfth time in the 2010 NBA Finals (although it could have been Cleveland vs. Los Angeles had Delonte West kept his wandering eye on the ball!). The way I see it, though, if you apply the blueprint I created in my book, Personal Foul, the league's head office will do their level best to extend the series. Looking at the moving parts -- the fans, the coaching staff, and the players -- it's interesting to speculate on who might walk away with the ring. The wildcard, though, is how the referees will facilitate the message coming down from the head office, which can easily change the direction of the series.

All eyes will be on the individual match-ups and the referees assigned to judge the series. Looking at the fans, those from Boston are among the most knowledgeable in any league. They will cast an incredibly critical eye on the referees throughout the finals. Phil Jackson will wish he was in Sacramento, no doubt he will be wearing his ear plugs. As most NBA games are decided in the first quarter, and since the LA fans don't show up until the second quarter, those fans won't help the outcome of the games much at all. As I score the fans, the advantage goes to the Boston Celtics.

The coaching staffs are a different story. Doc Rivers tries to manipulate the refs by sucking up to them. If that fails, he starts to whine like a baby. Phil Jackson, on the other hand, uses sarcasm and the media to help him with the officials and he does an excellent job at working them game at a time. Jackson's game by game adjustments will make Rivers' head spin. Scoring the coaches and their styles of court side manners, the advantage goes to the Los Angeles Lakers.

As for the players, you can be sure that Kobe will continue to receive 'star treatment', look for the whistle to blow each time he receives a bump or a scratch. Comparing this year's talent, Kobe/Odom/Artest should prevail over Garnet/Rondo/Pierce and I'll throw in Allen. With that, Boston will be frustrated with the refs if they feel to be getting anything less than a fair shake. Game 5 in the Orlando vs. Boston series comes to mind as an example of that. Perkins, Wallace and Rivers will not be able to keep their emotions in check if they feel slighted. Look for some fireworks in games 2 and 3. Scoring the players, both on skill and chemistry, I give the advantage to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In the 2010 playoff series, I quite accurately made some game predictions solely to prove the point of the book's blueprint. I did not, however, pick winners in order to further anyone's gambling habits. In fact, looking in the mirror at myself, as well as the clients that I am now helping through my work at the Firstep Consulting, a gambling treatment facility based in New Jersey and owned by Mike Osborne, I am reminded that the true winners emerging from these playoffs are the very people who can fend off the temptation to have any action on these games.

Does it matter who I think will take home the ring? No, rather, I am hopeful that my book has created a larger awareness of the crooked outcomes in professional basketball as well as the evils of gambling on those very games. The NBA would be wise to let the best team win and simultaneously prove me wrong. But really, I think the head office, as chief architect of series' outcome, will let the refs do the dirty work of letting the almighty dollar call the winner of this series.

Stay tuned for my game breakdowns in this Lakers/Celtics series!
he was something like 19-4 in winning picks that playoffs. For any sports bettors here that is a ridiculous percentage.

THe reason why he made public picks was to prove that his book outlines the leagues intentions and the process in which it's achieved thus: proving his point to be correct that in fact the nba does rig games/series.

jam
07-12-2012, 01:09 AM
it just takes one idiot to screw everything up, or maybe the fbi sends an undercover ref. I feel stern may know about it but just doesn't care and the refs have their own small group where they make bank of this

Incorrect. Not only does Stern know, he is directly responsible for the rigging of games and series.

Also, it is not a small number of NBA referees who are participating, it is the majority. This is certainly the case during the playoffs. Stern chooses the most compliant for the playoffs and the most reliable are chosen for the finals.

The referees have their own beefs and biases. And they regularly conspired to torment players who were difficult to manage, ie Stephon Jackson and Rasheed Wallace for instance.

The reason why you see so much complaining about officials by players, coaches, fans etc is BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT. THEY ARE CORRUPT BECAUSE THEY ARE HIRED AND MANIPULATED BY DAVID STERN WHO RIGS GAMES AND SERIES TO MAXIMIZE PROFIT AND RATINGS.

Giannis94
07-12-2012, 01:10 AM
I just downloaded this on my kindle. Ill have to see how it is

jam
07-12-2012, 01:13 AM
he was something like 19-4 in winning picks that playoffs. For any sports bettors here that is a ridiculous percentage.

THe reason why he made public picks was to prove that his book outlines the leagues intentions and the process in which it's achieved thus: proving his point to be correct that in fact the nba does rig games/series.

That's just crazy. In the article, he says he won't directly pick a winner but can't help but pick a winner, lol.

I'll do a search to see if he had anything to say about the last two nba finals...

jam
07-12-2012, 01:14 AM
I just downloaded this on my kindle. Ill have to see how it is

I literally finished the book in two hours once I started. It's a good read.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 01:14 AM
lol lakers can do no wrong you're so unbelievably biased.

Throughout the past 15 years, the Lakers have the best players, largest fanbase, best coach, and biggest payroll. Its really not often that they needed assistance from the refs. Usually its the Lakers getting ****ed by the refs in order to level the playing field so that other smaller markets and less successful franchises can be competitive. That said, I'm sure that there were occasions that the NBA has helped them out when it was convenient for them to do so. To state otherwise would be illogical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rl4-7YtXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Throughout the past 15 years, the Lakers have the best players, largest fanbase, best coach, and biggest payroll. Its really not often that they needed assistance from the refs. Usually its the Lakers getting ****ed by the refs in order to level the playing field so that other smaller markets and less successful franchises can be competitive. That said, I'm sure that there were occasions that the NBA has helped them out when it was convenient for them to do so. To state otherwise would be illogical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rl4-7YtXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c

what are you trying to prove with those videos? 2002 wcf and the 2010 finals were rigged clearly.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 01:27 AM

Wait a minute now!

You just said earlier that you thought David Stern didn't rig games and now you contradict yourself by saying that the NBA couldn't have a blemish on Kobe's career by implying that they rigged game 7 of the 2010 finals in favor of the Lakers. So its ok for you to say that they rig it for Kobe and no one else and not for me to say otherwise; according to your own accusation of course. Guess youre hypocrisy knows no bounds. At least I admit that they could have rigged it for the Lakers too at times. Maybe its you who needs to take you your bias glasses.

amos1er
07-12-2012, 01:28 AM
what are you trying to prove with those videos? 2002 wcf and the 2010 finals were rigged clearly.

Ok, so while we have differing views about what was specifically rigged, we can at least agree that the NBA is rigged in general...

jam
07-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Donaghy does not say directly that the 2010 finals would be rigged, but he does state that the league wanted a longer series, and he does note that kobe and the lakers are the more marketable brand.

In other words, without stating so directly, he states that the league office could very well conspire to see to it that the lakers would win a long, close series.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Wait a minute now!

You just said earlier that you thought David Stern didn't rig games and now you contradict yourself by saying that the NBA couldn't have a blemish on Kobe's career by implying that they rigged game 7 of the 2010 finals in favor of the Lakers. So its ok for you to say that they rig it for Kobe and no one else and not for me to say otherwise; according to your own accusation of course. Guess youre hypocrisy knows no bounds. At least I admit that they could have rigged it for the Lakers too at times. Maybe its you who needs to take you your bias glasses.

first of all i didn't hold on to that its just my opinon of what could BE, i wouldn't be surprised at all if stern was apart of it i just think its a huge risk for him . I didn't say they only rig for kobe. alot of other series were rigged to like this years Celtics series alos the spurs/thunder series was pretty obvious

ryang
07-12-2012, 02:53 AM
People STOP SMOKING ROCKS.. Trust me you'll feel better if you do..

3ballbomber
07-12-2012, 03:07 AM
That's just crazy. In the article, he says he won't directly pick a winner but can't help but pick a winner, lol.

I'll do a search to see if he had anything to say about the last two nba finals...

I followed him that season. needless to say i killed those playoffs. He announced most plays on CLNSradio.

Donaghy didn't say too much about this years playoffs but did do a vid on how Miami are again getting the benefit of all calls and the flopping.

jam
07-12-2012, 03:07 AM
People STOP SMOKING ROCKS.. Trust me you'll feel better if you do..

I'm glad you were able to quit. Must'v sucked to have had to perform sexual favors to continue your habit.

jam
07-12-2012, 03:50 AM
I followed him that season. needless to say i killed those playoffs. He announced most plays on CLNSradio.

Donaghy didn't say too much about this years playoffs but did do a vid on how Miami are again getting the benefit of all calls and the flopping.

Thanks for the citation. I read through several of the stories and Donaghy claims that the Heat received preferential treatment in the Knicks series. In particular, he says that LeBron and Wade received preferential treatment, whereas Carmelo rarely received calls when driving into the paint.

He also believes that referees allowed the Heat to get away with an extremely physical style of defense (hand checking) that other teams would be whistled for.

In addition, he says that instead of calling their own fouls, the refs would rely on the reactions of Wade and LeBron first (ie if they flopped or complained or grimaced).

This is pretty damning stuff. He comes just short of saying that the Heat were gifted the title this year.

I can see why heat fans are trolling this thread. :p

Chronz
07-12-2012, 04:02 AM
You didn't understand the point. Yao's team was ahead and headed home, which could've meant an early end to the series. By giving their opponent the (officiating) advantage, it would extend the series. Thereby, increasing revenue for the league.
You dont get my point, by extending the SERIES Yao plays in you increase profit to its fullest. So why not extend the series in a manner that helps Yao move on?

Oh, btw, still waiting for that book you have which exposes Donaghy's "lies."
How many people have to tell you before you get a clue?

Sarcasm.
??

So post it. But we know you won't, because it doesn't exist. :)
LOL, I see youve learned alot from Donaghy, just pretend the conflicting evidence doesnt exist and you will make millions.

Ask am1ser, he knows all about Tims lies.

Chronz
07-12-2012, 04:04 AM

LOL and yet they rigged it for him to beat a global ambassador like Yao. Figures.

Chronz
07-12-2012, 04:07 AM
:clap:

Exactly!!!

The FBI felt that Donaghy's testimony was credible enough for them to reduce his sentence. If Donaghy was full of ****, an extremely credible agency like the FBI would have been able to tell.
LOL what? Hes not in jail because he denies rigging games.

All of Donaghy's allegations were simply denied by Stern. In essence, its his word against Sterns and the other officials...all whom of which have an enormous financial incentive to keep their mouths shut. Now who am I supposed to believe? Donaghy who gave many specific facts and who's testimony was deemed credible by the FBI, or David Stern and his lackeys who stand to further profit and avoid prison by continuing to lie...Hmmmmm
False, his words were proven fallible and his own henchmen attest to his lack of success.

Chronz
07-12-2012, 04:11 AM

Can you show me evidence? Its a pretty impressive streak for someone who couldnt even come close to that mark before he got caught.

jam
07-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Still waiting for that source which debunks Donaghy, champ. Oh wait, here he is, his name is.....Wait for it....

TALKING OUT OF YOUR ***. :p

Sorry man, your incoherence and general inability to comprehend anything written in the english language is just sad.

You dont get my point, by extending the SERIES Yao plays in you increase profit to its fullest. So why not extend the series in a manner that helps Yao move on?

How many people have to tell you before you get a clue?

??

LOL, I see youve learned alot from Donaghy, just pretend the conflicting evidence doesnt exist and you will make millions.

Ask am1ser, he knows all about Tims lies.

tcav701
07-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Dont beleive and convicted felon with absolutely nothing to lose.

Instead believe a commisioner that has stepped on people and lied to get where he is at. Oh and believe the people on his pay role as well. If you dont, the league will fine you or call the network you represent with complaints of their own.

TheIlladelph16
07-12-2012, 10:17 AM

I am aware of how the justice system works so hold your smiley "buddy" and honestly when they use informants like that its not entirely credible. Sure, he is going to give you some accurate information to help your case, but its also just as likely he is making **** up so that his own jail sentence is eliminated or reduced.

This guy is SELLING A ****ING BOOK. HE IS LOOKING TO CREATE MORE CONTROVERSY SO THAT HIS ****ING BOOK SELLS MORE. And all of the butthurt conspiracy theorists like you are touting the pages as if every word is absolute, undeniable fact.

Arch Stanton
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Find it hard to believe NBA is rigged. More people would have reported this if it was. I'm sure there is more than one disgruntled former employee looking to stick it to the man.

Chronz
07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Still waiting for that source which debunks Donaghy, champ. Oh wait, here he is, his name is.....Wait for it....

TALKING OUT OF YOUR ***. :p

Sorry man, your incoherence and general inability to comprehend anything written in the english language is just sad.

Donaghy? Is that you?

LULZ

Go ahead and ignore what I and others have already told you. But look up the definition of incoherence, it doesnt apply here. What your asking for is right in front of you, you just prefer to live in your own comfortably RIGGED box.

tcav701
07-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Find it hard to believe NBA is rigged. More people would have reported this if it was. I'm sure there is more than one disgruntled former employee looking to stick it to the man.

Nobody ever claims that it is literally rigged.

Just that the league shows the officials certian fouls they would like to see called during certian games.

Arch Stanton
07-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Nobody ever claims that it is literally rigged.

Just that the league shows the officials certian fouls they would like to see called during certian games.

That would still literally mean rigging.

Trace
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM

Not necessarily. it's a small league and people talk.

If players were routinely overlooked by the same few officials then there would be talk about it and then some other player will say that he had a similar experience and vice versa until it reached around the league. From then on, players would be extremely cautious of these officials.

Players that go on to become officials may let it slip to ex-teammates/friends and etc if there was indeed such a culture.

Besides, if this was a league wide conspiracy, do you think the FBI would be content with small fish like Donaghy? They would have gone after Stern and his associates like there was no tomorrow.

Which you're now doing to me?

I've read excerpts of the book. It's nothing new. The ones that already believe will eat it up because it confirms their own biases. The ones that are skeptical will keep being skeptical.

ESPN hired gambling experts to work out some of the math behind some of his claims and found that gamblers were better off betting at random. ESPN then tried confronting Donaghy about it in an interview and Donaghy became so flustered he started throwing out random numbers out there.

On top of that, the U.S Attorney's office not only denied his claims but went as far as saying that Donaghy admitted that his personal gambling problem may have subconsciously affected his personal judgement.

Another time he claimed that he bet on the Spurs because another referee said that the Hornets were playing terribly, when in reality they were coming into the game in question on a 3 game streak. Donaghy also happened to eject Pops in that game as well.

He mades claims but none of them really hold any weight when people look into them.

Huntey
07-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Not necessarily. it's a small league and people talk.

If players were routinely overlooked by the same few officials then there would be talk about it and then some other player will say that he had a similar experience and vice versa until it reached around the league. From then on, players would be extremely cautious of these officials.

Players that go on to become officials may let it slip to ex-teammates/friends and etc if there was indeed such a culture.

Besides, if this was a league wide conspiracy, do you think the FBI would be content with small fish like Donaghy? They would have gone after Stern and his associates like there was no tomorrow.

Which you're now doing to me?

I've read excerpts of the book. It's nothing new. The ones that already believe will eat it up because it confirms their own biases. The ones that are skeptical will keep being skeptical.

ESPN hired gambling experts to work out some of the math behind some of his claims and found that gamblers were better off betting at random. ESPN then tried confronting Donaghy about it in an interview and Donaghy became so flustered he started throwing out random numbers out there.

On top of that, the U.S Attorney's office not only denied his claims but went as far as saying that Donaghy admitted that his personal gambling problem may have subconsciously affected his personal judgement.

Another time he claimed that he bet on the Spurs because another referee said that the Hornets were playing terribly, when in reality they were coming into the game in question on a 3 game streak. Donaghy also happened to eject Pops in that game as well.

He mades claims but none of them really hold any weight when people look into them.

This is the trump card right here.

Are people going to start saying that the FBI are in on it too?

jam
07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Deleted.

Donaghy? Is that you?

LULZ

Go ahead and ignore what I and others have already told you. But look up the definition of incoherence, it doesnt apply here. What your asking for is right in front of you, you just prefer to live in your own comfortably RIGGED box.

Chronz
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
You've posted on this forum 23K times! It's easy to see why.

1. You have OCD.

2. You have no life besides worshiping lebron and the heat.

You're an internet nerd troll with no girlfriend, no job and no life outside of swooning over your chris both posters and "action figures."
What happened to the guy who complained about "ad hominem" insults? LMFAO

I hate to shatter your fragile illusion and bubble you're living in, but these so-called "championships" are meaningless. They are being engineered by one of the most corrupt sports commish's we've ever seen, which is truly saying something.

OK, you can go back to dressing up your lebron action doll. :facepalm:
Well at least you stopped asking questions that were already answered.

bucketss
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
You've posted on this forum 23K times! It's easy to see why.

1. You have OCD.

2. You have no life besides worshiping lebron and the heat.

You're an internet nerd troll with no girlfriend, no job and no life outside of swooning over your chris both posters and "action figures."

I hate to shatter your fragile illusion and bubble you're living in, but these so-called "championships" are meaningless. They are being engineered by one of the most corrupt sports commish's we've ever seen, which is truly saying something.

OK, you can go back to dressing up your lebron action doll. :facepalm:

dude no need for that, i was really digging what you were saying but this messes up your points. People are gonna think your a troll.

jam
07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I went ahead and deleted the offending post.

Back on topic, I was thinking of the UFC, and how that org. has a completely fresh take on officiating. The UFC, actually all MMA organizations, DO NOT employee their own referees, nor their own judges to score fights.

Why not? Because there is an obvious conflict of interest. The judges and referees are paid by the state athletic commission, a neutral body. They are NOT paid by the UFC or any for profit organization directly. To do so would create a conflict of interest which is destroying the NBA. Since the UFC is a private corporation with an interest in making as much money as possible, there would be the possibility that refs and judges could be manipulated (ie hired or fired, paid more or less) into making decisions that benefited the UFC financially. With the athletic comm. controlling officials, there is no such conflict of interest. The refs answer to the state athletic commission and the fighters to the UFC.

This model can and should be applied to professional basketball. If basketball officials were placed under the supervision of a state athletic commission or any external body, the NBA could not manipulate the officials by hiring/firing decisions or with salary incentives (playoff bonuses).

Now, obviously there are a lot more games which require officiating than fights in MMA, so that is a significant consideration. But there is no doubt that the NBA requires some external governance of officials at this point since the corruption is so thorough, so obvious, and so deeply entrenched.

While I don't follow pro football or baseball as closely, neither seems to have the overwhelming problems with corruption as NBA officials. Something must be done and the UFC and MMA may very well provide clues as to how to solve the nightmarish situation we find ourselves in now with basketball officiating.