PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual PSD Player Rankings #1 SG In The NBA? (Volume: V)

Mile High Champ
07-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last four years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. The season is now over and the Heat have been crowned NBA champs which means its time to kick off the off-season player rankings.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron was labelled by some as Choke Artist in the clutch and now this year had one of the greatest finals performances in recent memory. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 4 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

KOBE v. WADE Head to Head Stats Comparison (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2012&p2=wadedw01&y2=2012)

2012 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2011 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) Dwyane Wade
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Manu Ginobili
4) Joe Johnson
5) Monta Ellis
6) Kevin Martin
7) Ray Allen
8) Eric Gordon
9) Jason Terry
10) James Harden

2010 Off-Season SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwyane Wade
3) Brandon Roy
4) Joe Johnson
5) Manu Ginobili
6) Monta Ellis
7) Ray Allen
8) Stephen Jackson
9) O.J. Mayo
10) Jason Richardson

2009 Off-Season SG Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwayne Wade
3) Brandon Roy
4) Joe Johnson
5) Vince Carter
6) Manu Ginobili
7) Ray Allen
8) Kevin Martin
9) Ben Gordon
10) Richard Hamilton

2008 Off-Season SG rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwayne Wade
3) Tracy McGrady
4) Allen Iverson
5) Manu Ginobili
5) Vince Carter
7) Joe Johnson
8) Ray Allen
9) Brandon Roy
10) Kevin Martin

Vinny642
07-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Give me Kobe here

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Wade, easily.

Glen20
this will be very interesting
atm, its got to be wade

Mile High Champ
A lot has changed in 5 years ..

Chacarron
07-10-2012, 01:55 AM
As much as Wade disappointed me during the playoffs, his regular season was still far better than Kobe's.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-10-2012, 01:56 AM
I'd still take Kobe over Wade.

Mile High Champ
07-10-2012, 01:57 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2012&p2=wadedw01&y2=2012

Check out the numbers.

THE MTL
07-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Eh, for some reason I'd still take Kobe.

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Wow lol at wade winning the pole idc what advanced stats say Kobes stats were better, he played better, and he does more for the lakers then wade does for the heat!
Kobe should take back the trophy as the #1 sg but haters gonna hate'

Glen20
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM
advanced stats show that wade played more efficiently, and the only point where an argument could be made is kobe's small playoff sample size compared to wade's injury riddled playoff run (although kobe did have to deal with injuries during the regular season too)

Chacarron
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Wow lol at wade winning the pole idc what advanced stats say Kobes stats were better, he played better, and he does more for the lakers then wade does for the heat!

You mean Kobe's stat as in PPG. :cool:

raiderposting
07-10-2012, 02:09 AM
give me kobe. i think kobe is do for a very nice year now that nash can actually find him.

Delusional
07-10-2012, 02:11 AM
I'd take Wade because he's more efficient and will willingly dish out the ball.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 02:12 AM
i really dont mind if kobe wins this though
he is so good

Glen20
07-10-2012, 02:13 AM
mile high champ, do you have the links for all the rankings of 2011?

IversonIsKrazy
07-10-2012, 02:15 AM
I don't care what anyone says, its Kobe. Wade was a disappointing player during the playoffs. He's preaches for a foul everytime he drives in the lane.
People think Kobe has regressed? Please take a look at Dwayne Wade.
Kobe >>> Wade. I'm sorry, but this poll shouldn't be close. Kobe is still far better than Wade

Glen20
07-10-2012, 02:17 AM
I don't care what anyone says, its Kobe. Wade was a disappointing player during the playoffs. He's preaches for a foul everytime he drives in the lane.
Kobe >>> Wade. I'm sorry, but this poll shouldn't be close. Kobe is still far better than Wade

aaand that is your opinion

Fnom11
07-10-2012, 02:18 AM

His knee was a major reason for that. To discount his dominance in the regular season is silly. Wade was significantly better than Kobe during the regular season.

cheaptrikz
07-10-2012, 02:20 AM
give me kobe!

Baller1
07-10-2012, 02:23 AM
After a relatively underwhelming playoff showing by Wade, an atrocious Finals performance by Harden, injuries to Manu, and a lackluster season for Kobe... The SG position is sooo up in the air.

I've still got Wade here though.

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Lol at people try to make a statistical case for Kobe. :facepalm:

Glen20
07-10-2012, 02:31 AM
LOL who voted for ellis?

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 02:31 AM
His knee was a major reason for that. To discount his dominance in the regular season is silly. Wade was significantly better than Kobe during the regular season.

:facepalm:

Kobe's had a bad knee for years now, pinky ankles! That doesn't stop him from being better then wade at everything besides being more efficient

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 02:32 AM

Your username says it all your a Kobe hater so :facepalm:

Zefflin
07-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Haha at wade fans...dream on

b@llhog24

Your username says it all your a Kobe hater so :facepalm:

Like i care.

Whodat420
gotta go with kobe

Baller1
07-10-2012, 02:39 AM

Kobe's had a bad knee for years now, pinky ankles! That doesn't stop him from being better then wade at everything besides being more efficient

That's like saying Kobe is better than Wade at everything besides being better.

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 02:41 AM

That's like saying Kobe is better than Wade at everything besides being better.

:clap:

aussie
07-10-2012, 02:44 AM
went with DWade

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 02:52 AM
So many haters

Baller1
07-10-2012, 02:54 AM
So many haters

Formulate a sufficient argument before you call us "haters". Wade is better, it's not "hating" on Kobe.

With that said, **** Kobe. I hate him.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Give me 24 on any given night.

naps
07-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Volume shooting or Efficient game? Too easy choice there. Should not be close at all in real life, but PSD will make it strangely close because of various factors against the Heat.

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 03:47 AM
So many haters

I'm sorry - have you looked at the advanced stats ?

SugeKnight
07-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Went with Kobe. Wade stunk it up for too long of stretches during the playoffs.

kjoke
07-10-2012, 03:57 AM
kobes .430 shooting percentage just bothers me too much, espically when you can get better shots for pau and bynum

Toastyy
07-10-2012, 04:00 AM
After wades post season this should be a shoe in for Kobe

Kobe
Wade
Harden
Gordon
Manu
Ellis
Johnson

Glen20
07-10-2012, 04:09 AM
after wades post season this should be a shoe in for kobe

kobe
wade
harden
gordon
manu
ellis
johnson

43%

Bruno
07-10-2012, 04:22 AM
kobe is just as productive as wade if wade is deferring to LeBron heavily like he did throughout parts of the playoffs. will the heat balance out the load again in the regular season, or will it continue to be LeBron dominant like it was in the playoffs-- In the regular season there was a .7 USG% difference between LeBron and Wade, in the post season the difference was 3.5. that leads to minutes, where Kobe played a half quarter more than Wade per game, he played nine more regular season games.

when kobes touches drop off with nash, he'll become more efficient. possibly close to wades level. who will continue to hold up better? wades 31 in january, kobes 34 in august.
homer vote.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-10-2012, 04:35 AM
There are so many Kobe haters. Idc if Dwade is more efficient, he was so bad for too many stretches in the playoffs. Give me Kobe Bryant.

Monta is beast
07-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Kobe, Wade, than Ellis.

Monta is beast
07-10-2012, 04:55 AM
After wades post season this should be a shoe in for Kobe

Kobe
Wade
Harden
Gordon
Manu
Ellis
Johnson

No way in hell Eric Gordon is above Monta Ellis. :facepalm:

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 05:21 AM
kobe is just as productive as wade if wade is deferring to LeBron heavily like he did throughout parts of the playoffs. will the heat balance out the load again in the regular season, or will it continue to be LeBron dominant like it was in the playoffs-- In the regular season there was a .7 USG% difference between LeBron and Wade, in the post season the difference was 3.5. that leads to minutes, where Kobe played a half quarter more than Wade per game, he played nine more regular season games.

when kobes touches drop off with nash, he'll become more efficient. possibly close to wades level. who will continue to hold up better? wades 31 in january, kobes 34 in august.
homer vote.

So you don't think the injury had anything to do with that? And even if Kobe was better than Wade in the playoffs (Wade CRUSHED him in the regular season), Wade won a ring THIS year. (which in past years was normally the reason Kobe was winning polls for best sg/player).

naps
07-10-2012, 06:21 AM
So you don't think the injury had anything to do with that? And even if Kobe was better than Wade in the playoffs (Wade CRUSHED him in the regular season), Wade won a ring THIS year. (which in past years was normally the reason Kobe was winning polls for best sg/player).

+1

Take a look at per 36 min states and advanced stats. Wade takes a dump on Kobe on pretty much everything. Shouldn't be a close debate. Only if Wade wasn't part of the devil's empire it would be the most lopsided vote of these polls.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 07:00 AM
wade easily, unless you are a homer or hater

can't believe some people are letting a playoff run where he was playing on an injured knee that required surgery cloud their judgement.

SaimuKala
07-10-2012, 07:05 AM
+1

Take a look at per 36 min states and advanced stats. Wade takes a dump on Kobe on pretty much everything. Shouldn't be a close debate. Only if Wade wasn't part of the devil's empire it would be the most lopsided vote of these polls.

:laugh2: Kobe is probably one of the most hated players in the league.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 07:08 AM
[/B]

:laugh2: Kobe is probably one of the most hated players in the league.

Time to get over that.

Between the heat, artest, and dwight. Not sure there is much hate left for kobe.

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Before I voted I thought I'll go through the thread a bit in hopes that someone could have swayed my opinion into voting for Kobe. No one did. I got Wade here.

xnick5757
07-10-2012, 07:17 AM
You guys are voting without checking out the stats I think- harden had the best season out of wade Kobe and himself. Hardens TS% and eFG% are both insanely higher than either and he ended up with more win shares. And he was better then both in the playoffs.

Just saying

krrys11
07-10-2012, 07:21 AM
You guys are voting without checking out the stats I think- harden had the best season out of wade Kobe and himself. Hardens TS% and eFG% are both insanely higher than either and he ended up with more win shares. And he was better then both in the playoffs.

Just saying

I sure am !

I think this poll is to show people opinion who is the best SG in NBA. If we want to decide by looking at the stats ...well there will be no point of the poll.

For me is Kobe, yes I am a Laker fan but I also belive he did more for LA than Wade for Heat (LeBron is number 1 there ) or Harden for OKC (Durant, Westbrook) ...but that is just my opinion !

thenaj17
07-10-2012, 07:29 AM

Just saying

What a load of rubbish. You can't judge it on that. Harden is 3rd option on that team with Durant and Westbrook taking double teams. Just actually physically watch the players rather than using 'advanced statistics' and you'd realise a lot less pressure is on Harden than Kobe or Wade.

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 07:34 AM

Just saying

Watching and understanding how a player goes about accumulating his stats are two different things. If stats were all that mattered a serious case could be made for Manu as being the 2nd greatest SG of all time. Harden was the worst defensive player of the lot possibly even the worst defensive player on this poll last season lets not get ahead of ourselves and start acting as if stats is the only thing that matters.

I am one of the biggest advocate for stats here on PSD but stats without context are just a bunch of numbers. You need to apply context with a rational viewpoint when taking stats into consideration and most importantly you need to be holistic.

Harden's place is at 3 and no sooner.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM

Just saying

Watching and understanding how a player goes about accumulating his stats are two different things. If stats were all that mattered a serious case could be made for Manu as being the 2nd greatest SG of all time. Harden was the worst defensive player of the lot possibly even the worst defensive player on this poll last season lets not get ahead of ourselves and start acting as if stats is the only thing that matters.

I am one of the biggest advocate for stats here on PSD but stats without context are just a bunch of numbers. You need to apply context with a rational viewpoint when taking stats into consideration and most importantly you need to be holistic.

Well said

xnick5757
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM

Well said :clap:

SaimuKala
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM

Just saying

OK Kobe played just 12 games but there is no way that Harden played better then Wade in the playoffs.

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Formulate a sufficient argument before you call us "haters". Wade is better, it's not "hating" on Kobe.

With that said, **** Kobe. I hate(hater?) him.

What does wade do better then Kobe???

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
i got stuck between kobe and dwane. so i just picked Kobe.

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
not to be a homer but Iman Shumpert and J.R Smith should be on this list. and Andre igoudala

Eaglesfan05
07-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Iverson

yonkerschampX4
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I didn't read the whole thing i vote kobe but this your wade was better

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 09:40 AM
not to be a homer but Iman Shumpert and J.R Smith should be on this list. and Andre igoudala

That's CLEARLY being a homer what are you talking about. If those two players should be there then why not Thabo, Terry, Mayo, George, DeRozan etc. All those players are better than Shumpert and especially Smith. Also Andre Iguodala is not a shooting gaurd he is a Small Forward and everyone knows this.

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
^Mayo is should be on the list to and derozan. your right

Glen20
07-10-2012, 10:13 AM

seeing as how both those players are heads and shoulders better than shumpert, yes they should be on the list

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
:laugh:

I'm the only one that voted for Manu. Really?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Tough call. But 1 of them just had knee surgery, while the other added a perfect facilitator to help run the offense. I'm going to say Kobe has the better year slightly.

Dade County
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM

Wade was injured during these playoffs, but I am sure that you know that, and you are just acting crazy right now.

Wade has been better then Kobe for a couple of years now, this doesn't mean Kobe is not a very good player... But their is noway that Kobe is a better player then Wade right now. (yes I know Kobe has to deal with his own bad knee).

But it's time to let it go kobe fans.

And this is way Wade couldn't be Wade in the playoffs http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8143398/miami-heat-dwyane-wade-surgery-knee

And he was still unstoppable.

note: Kobe is still a good player, i know some people on PSD read what they want... smh

edit:
and some of you posters shouldn't vote out of hate or Kobe loyalist

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:14 AM

You're new around here so I'll give you a pass but my advice to you would be to attempt to understand the system before saying those things.

Honestly only Kobe, Wade and Harden should have been on the list. MHC was being very generous.

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Guys wait just one minute. Longhornfan voted Wade as the best SG in the NBA :speechless:

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 11:18 AM
You're new around here so I'll give you a pass but my advice to you would be to attempt to understand the system before saying those things.

Honestly only Kobe, Wade and Harden should have been on the list. MHC was being very generous.

Manu? C'mon bro use your Derrick Rose logic.

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Manu? C'mon bro use your Derrick Rose logic.

My Derrick Rose logic?

You probably didn't understand my Derrick Rose logic bro.

While I agree statistically Manu has some clout he didn't carry half the load Rose carried for the Bulls this season.

Baller1
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Tough call. But 1 of them just had knee surgery, while the other added a perfect facilitator to help run the offense. I'm going to say Kobe has the better year slightly.

This is about last season though, and Wade was better last season.

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I ****ing hate Kobe Bryant, cheating bastard. BUT I'll say he is still above Wade.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
My Derrick Rose logic?

You probably didn't understand my Derrick Rose logic bro.

While I agree statistically Manu has some clout he didn't carry half the load Rose carried for the Bulls this season.

Yeah the Bulls with that number 1 seed. Don't make me laugh.

Maybe its Manu's elite efficiency, better PER and WS/48, and the fact that his distribution as a SG is somewhat comparable to DRose that makes me find that hard to believe.

roshan3ai
07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Wade
Kobe
Manu
Harden
JJ

ManningToTyree
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
give me Kobe

roshan3ai
07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Kobe's so overrated. He's on Monta level of chucking at this point in his career.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Kobe's so overrated. He's on Monta level of chucking at this point in his career.

still a killer in clutch situations

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM

Maybe its Manu's elite efficiency, better PER and WS/48, and the fact that his distribution as a SG is somewhat comparable to DRose that makes me find that hard to believe.

I think you really don't get it.

Manu played 23 minutes per game in the regular season and had a game score of over 20 in just 3 of his 34 games as a matter of a fact he had a game score of over 15 in just 9 games how on earth could a player who doesn't lead in his team be better than those who did.

Honestly I think people around here are getting greatly carried away with advanced stats not being holistic and not applying context.

By your advanced statistical reason (and using absolutely nothing else) Manu is the 2nd best SG of all time and a top 15 player in NBA history. Do you think Manu is a top 15 player of all time and better all time than Kobe, Drexler, Wade etc?

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Does anyone think Manu Ginobili was a top 3 player in the NBA last season because if you look at his advanced metrics and nothing else without applying context only LeBron and Paul were better?

rickshaw
07-10-2012, 12:01 PM

So you only care about stats where kobe was better?

rickshaw
07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
still a killer in clutch situations

Is that so?

http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT11.HTM

Lakeshow24KB
07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Kobe

Glen20
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Is that so?

okay he's not terrible :p

StarvingKnick22
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM

i not generally new so i disagree

GSWFanInLA
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
After Wade or Kobe is picked we should skip to the 3rd best SG cause we all know it'll be the other one at #2

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
So you only care about stats where kobe was better?

Actually yes advanced stats are pointless and useless, ofcourse wade is gonna be more efficient then Kobe he handles the ball way less and takes less shots where the shot clock is going down, Kobe is basically the lakers pg, sg, and sf damn its sad people don't see this!
Kobe beat wade in points, assist, and rebounds I believe and contributing to his team more, there is nothing to argue give me kobe

Glen20
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM

aren't you the guy who thinks Shump will be the greatest Knickerbocker ever?
dude can't even stay upright...
i know you're young (16) but you need to let your love for a player fall aside when judging his place in the league

nbrod
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Kobe

Fly
Kobe.

Ezio
#Kobe

SaimuKala
07-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Is that so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPdOc9VgDw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_7iNziINyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7na7C1FQAc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ogicUPon50&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5hfog-U8A

;)

Glen20
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM

;)

you know youtube highlights can make anybody look clutch...
why are you even arguing stats with video clips
do you think those stats lie?

Chavacano
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Kobe Bean Bryant.

SaimuKala
07-10-2012, 12:30 PM
you know youtube highlights can make anybody look clutch...
why are you even arguing stats with video clips
do you think those stats lie?

Yes, I do... if I can pick a player to take the last shot for my team I would pick between Wade, Bryant, Nowitzki, Pierce, Allen, Durant and maybe even Lebron. Do you see anybody there in the top 5 except Durant?

Glen20
07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Yes, I do... if I can pick a player to take the last shot for my team I would pick between Wade, Bryant, Nowitzki, Pierce, Allen, Durant and maybe even Lebron. Do you see anybody there in the top 5 except Durant?

i dont care about the last shot
clutch does not mean "last shot"
you can't disprove the stats

SaimuKala
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
i dont care about the last shot
clutch does not mean "last shot"
you can't disprove the stats

ok, if I could pick my line up for the last 5 minutes I would pick between Durant, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Pierce, Allen, KG, Dirk, Harden, Fisher...

roshan3ai
07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
It's basically Lakers fans vs. everyone else

RonE Coleman
07-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Black Mamba... anyone saying Wade is just a Heat bandwagon fan.

Kobe, Wade, Manu, Harden, Monta

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Manu, Wade, and Harden over Kobe.

PrettyBoyJ
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Kobe.. Wades reg season was plauged with injuries when he played he was a shell of himself...

Lucky.
07-10-2012, 01:03 PM
What happened here...

Last time I checked Wade was up by like 18.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Kobe is not the best SG in the NBA. Not anymore. Anyone without blinders on can see that.

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I sure am !

I think this poll is to show people opinion who is the best SG in NBA. If we want to decide by looking at the stats ...well there will be no point of the poll.

For me is Kobe, yes I am a Laker fan but I also belive he did more for LA than Wade for Heat (LeBron is number 1 there ) or Harden for OKC (Durant, Westbrook) ...but that is just my opinion !

Bynum was more important to the Lakers success than Kobe this year.

Play basketball.

I'm the only one that voted for Manu. Really?

Um yes, :o.

Next year is pretty much a non factor, Wade was simply better than Kobe this season.

Look at their usage rates and minutes.

Then you should know that your opinion doesn't really matter.

It's basically Lakers fans vs. everyone else

And their winning. :(

Black Mamba... anyone saying Wade is just a Heat bandwagon fan.

Kobe, Wade, Manu, Harden, Monta

I root against the Heat, and I've got Wade. :shrug:

Manu, Wade, and Harden over Kobe.

Honestly if Manu had stayed healthy and Harden didn't pull a Lebron in the finals, I would be perfectly fine with this.

dh144498
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
^ this guy right here...:facepalm:

definitely Kobe Bean Bryant, still going strong after 16 seasons.

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
What happened here...

The Laker forum caught wind of this and ransacked the poll.

naps
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
What happened here...

Most likely kobephiles made plenty of dupes to get a lead. Pathetic.

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
^ this guy right here...:facepalm:

definitely Kobe Bean Bryant, still going strong after 16 seasons.

Make a case and stop *****ing.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
To refer to injuries as a result of Wade's poor playoff performance is not a valid excuse. Kobe has been playing with injuries this whole year, and the majority of his career for that matter.

Look at Kobe's hands and knees, his nose, everything really. He's all injured. Not some little jam here and there or anything. He's had some serious injuries that would derail any other players career.

Kashmir13579
@b@llhog

I'm not denying that D-Rose was incredibly valuable to The Bulls when he was on the court. I'm just denying that he was more important to the Bulls than Manu was to the Spurs. They both put up elite numbers and sat out much of the season with injuries.

Basically arguing that if Rose's lack of games played didn't matter, Neither should Manu's.

unleashthebeast
Has to be Wade here, but I am a bit biased

unleashthebeast
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
The Laker forum caught wind of this and ransacked the poll.

Are you serious? That happened?

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
@b@llhog

I'm not denying that D-Rose was incredibly valuable to The Bulls when he was on the court. I'm just denying that he was more important to the Bulls than Manu was to the Spurs. They both put up elite numbers and sat out much of the season with injuries.

Basically arguing that if Rose's lack of games played didn't matter, Neither should Manu's.

Is Manu the third best player in the NBA?

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Is Manu the third best player in the NBA?

No. What is your point?

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
To refer to injuries as a result of Wade's poor playoff performance is not a valid excuse. Kobe has been playing with injuries this whole year, and the majority of his career for that matter.

Look at Kobe's hands and knees, his nose, everything really. He's all injured. Not some little jam here and there or anything. He's had some serious injuries that would derail any other players career.

It was only poor by Dwade's ridiculous standards, he still produced at an all-star- level.

@b@llhog

Maybe, if he did it as the number one option like how he did last year then I'd have no gripe with it, but I get your point.

Are you serious? That happened?

Lol no. Just some light trolling man. :p

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Maybe, if he did it as the number one option like how he did last year then I'd have no gripe with it, but I get your point.

Fair enough. I just look at the seasons that The Bulls and Spurs had, and i'd say they both faired pretty well without those guys.

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
No. What is your point?

You can't base your entire argument on just advanced statistics.

Manu had just 9 games with a game score of over 15 this past season 9 games out of 34 as compared to Rose who had 24 in just 5 more games. How can you honestly say that Manu has more is more valuable to his team just because of his advanced metrics.

If you think Manu is the best SG in the game then you should agree that he's at least a top 5 and borderline top 3 player.

People are getting carried away with advanced stats and forgetting that that isn't everything when assessing a player.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 01:52 PM

Manu had just 9 games with a game score of over 15 this past season 9 games out of 34 as compared to Rose who had 24 in just 5 more games. How can you honestly say that Manu has more is more valuable to his team just because of his advanced metrics.

If you think Manu is the best SG in the game then you should agree that he's at least a top 5 and borderline top 3 player.

People are getting carried away with advanced stats and forgetting that that isn't everything when assessing a player.

I think Manu is easily top 10 and probably better than a lot of the players that will get voted in before him. (If Manu even makes the top 10 that is)

I see an argument for Wade over Manu. If i did base my entire opinion on advanced metrics i might've gone with Wade here.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 01:57 PM
What happened here...

Lakers fans and heat haters woke up

still1ballin
07-10-2012, 01:58 PM
kobe

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I think Manu is easily top 10 and probably better than a lot of the players that will get voted in before him. (If Manu even makes the top 10 that is)

I see an argument for Wade over Manu. If i did base my entire opinion on advanced metrics i might've gone with Wade here.

So then what are you basing your opinion on? You cited his advanced #s as your reasoning for choosing Manu at #1 .

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 02:04 PM
@Swash - thinking a bit more on your top 3-5 question.. I think its growing clearer that the SG position is becoming weaker and weaker every year in the NBA. Kobe has fallen off even though nobody will admit it, people are questioning whether Wade is on the decline, Manu is in his later years... Harden is pretty much the only one who i can separate from the rest of the pack of SGs going forward.

Simply put, being top 1 or 2 at the SG position no longer guarantees you a top 5 spot league-wide.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
So then what are you basing your opinion on? You cited his advanced #s as your reasoning for choosing Manu at #1 .

Call it intuition. And i never said i wasn't factoring his #s into my opinion, did i? Straw-man.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I went Wade, despite his poor playoff performance in the late rounds. Though if Kobe wins it, I have zip issue at all.

The SG position was weaker this year than I can remember over the past 20 years with a slightly declining Kobe and a hurt Wade.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I went Wade, despite his poor playoff performance in the late rounds. Though if Kobe wins it, I have zip issue at all.

The SG position was weaker this year than I can remember over the past 20 years with a slightly declining Kobe and a hurt Wade.

Yea i was just thinking its the weakest since i've been watching the game. Crazy.

jimm120
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I would usually vote for Wade butt his year, I think Wade fell back enough to get into the aging Kobe Bryant's category.

So Kobe it was.

Toastyy
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Need to add Paul George to this list

Hawkeye15
07-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Need to add Paul George to this list

not until he grows another inch.

IAmARanger18
07-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Kb24

RenegadeRiot36
07-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Alright, who voted for Harden?

NYYCowboys
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Wade.

tredigs
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
I definitely would give some weight to the fact that Kobe fought through a few nagging injuries and played a ton of minutes this year. But I also give weight to the fact that Kobe went into ultra-chucker mode in many a game this year, single handedly losing a handful of games for them that they had no business being on the wrong end of had he taken a backseat and played within the offense.

Some of that falls on Mike Brown, but ultimately it's Kobe's team and he needs to be the one to use those 16 years of experience to use a little veteran savvy and get the most out of his teammates.

Unfortunately, he absolutely did not and due to the combo of him having the 2nd highest USG% of his career (despite the best big combo in the game) combined with THE LOWEST shooting efficiency of his career the Lakers suffered big time. I won't be awarding that the #1 shooting guard position.

Give me Wade AND HARDEN (I think the Lakers are a better team with James Harden in place of Kobe going forward. Period. Durant and Westbrook just happen to both also be better than Kobe) over Kobe. I'd like to say Manu too, but just 23 minutes a game in limited games? Nah, can't.

kdspurman
07-10-2012, 02:53 PM

can't believe some people are letting a playoff run where he was playing on an injured knee that required surgery cloud their judgement.

We are talking about this year though, so it has to affect the judgement.

kdspurman
07-10-2012, 02:56 PM

Couldn't agree more with that.

greg_ory_2005
07-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm taking Wade.

JLynn943
07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm going with Wade. He didn't look like the #1 SG in much of the playoffs, but he was clearly playing hurt. Healthy, I think he's better than Kobe at this point.

GSWFanInLA
07-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I think the Lakers are a better team with James Harden in place of Kobe going forward. Period.

So your implying Bynum or Harden could be a #1 option on a championship team?.. not true at all lmao

Chronz
07-10-2012, 03:14 PM

;)

Where are all the misses? I only see the makes. Oh I get your point.. I agree, misses dont count when the makes look this cool

Chronz
07-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Wheres Tmac?

SaimuKala
07-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Where are all the misses? I only see the makes. Oh I get your point.. I agree, misses dont count when the makes look this cool

I just answered him because he thinks Kobe is not clutch at all..

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
This poll looks much better now! Smart people started voting late

raiderposting
07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
lmao at the idiot who thinks the lakers will be in the same boat with harden at SG. Get off hardens dick he will fail as a number 1 option, he hasn't even shown hes a number 2 yet.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Harden over Kobe? Give me a break.

Anyone who actively watched Laker games would know that Kobe got the ball with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock more often than not. Is this excuse good enough to explain his poor fg%? Nope. But nonetheless Kobe is still the best SG in the league.

What was he averaging after the all star game and in the playoffs? Yeup. Ill take KB

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Hardens a bench player. Let me see him get through double teams, or actually start before anything is said about him.

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
So your implying Bynum or Harden could be a #1 option on a championship team?.. not true at all lmao

Blanket statement.

This poll looks much better now! Smart people started voting late

Didn't you vote early on as well? :confused:

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Hardens a bench player. Let me see him get through double teams, or actually start before anything is said about him.

Do you watch the Thunder?

Chavacano
07-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Wheres Tmac?

Catfish1314
07-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Give me Wade AND HARDEN (I think the Lakers are a better team with James Harden in place of Kobe going forward. Period. Durant and Westbrook just happen to both also be better than Kobe)

Going forward is different from better right now. Do you really think James Harden would have led the Lakers farther than Kobe? Or that the Lakers would have been a better team with Harden in Kobe's place?

nicegoing
07-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Kobe, by a hair. 5 40+ point games in the season and two in playoffs by someone who has been in the league this long is incredible (obviously no the only reason why I picked him).

kdspurman
07-10-2012, 03:41 PM

While I agree with you about the nonsense that was said about Harden replacing Kobe, I don't think it matters he comes off the bench.

I don't think he's got the right mindset yet to be that #1 option but I don't think it has to do with him coming off the bench.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 03:47 PM
How did Kobe take this poll over so swiftly? Dwyane had a nice little lead then BOOM, Kobe's up big.

JLynn943
07-10-2012, 03:51 PM
How did Kobe take this poll over so swiftly? Dwyane had a nice little lead then BOOM, Kobe's up big.

The west coast woke up.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2012, 03:59 PM
The west coast woke up.

hahaha.. great point.

Bruno
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM

why would that surprise you? that's exactly what happened to Kobe last post-season/in last years voting.

sixers247
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Can we move on to #3 already.

Bruno
07-10-2012, 04:20 PM
i gotta say, i'm surprised.

didn't wade win last years with 60%+ of the vote?

sixers247
07-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Yea but people hate Wade now

dhopisthename
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
i gotta say, i'm surprised.

didn't wade win last years with 60%+ of the vote?

the playoffs are fresh on people's mind and wade wasn't his usual self

MintBerryCrunch
07-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Kobeee

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM
dwade hands down at this point. been that way for 4 years now.

b@llhog24
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Looks like Kobe's winning this. :sigh:

EDIT: Looking at the guy in my sig just made me sad. :sigh:

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 05:01 PM
i've gotta say the poll is actually closer than i thought it would be considering how much hate wade got this year.

MintBerryCrunch
07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
i've gotta say the poll is actually closer than i thought it would be considering how much hate wade got this year.

Kobe is far more important to his team that D-Wade, which is why I'm giving it to kobe

Matter.
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I love how all the wade people post.. Wade was injured in the playoffs.... What about Kobe? First 2 weeks ?

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Kobe is far more important to his team that D-Wade, which is why I'm giving it to kobe

put wade on the lakers and bynum and gasol would actually get a decent number of shots and wade would still get his with his efficiency. the question isn't who's more important to their team, its who is the better player right now.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 06:26 PM
i still can't fathom how joe johnson does not have a single vote...
someone fix this!

nicegoing
07-10-2012, 07:01 PM
i still can't fathom how joe johnson does not have a single vote...
someone fix this!
someone fix your ginormous ****ing sig

Baller1
07-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Can't believe Kobe will win this. Wow.

Baller1
07-10-2012, 08:08 PM

This isn't about who's more valuable to their team.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Can't believe Kobe will win this. Wow.

Im not surprised at all. A lot more heat haters than rational thinkers on PSD.

tredigs
07-10-2012, 08:29 PM

At what point did I say that? But are you implying Kobe can be the #1 on a championship team playing like he did last year?

Going forward is different from better right now. Do you really think James Harden would have led the Lakers farther than Kobe? Or that the Lakers would have been a better team with Harden in Kobe's place?

No, ultimately they would have still likely lost to OKC if James Harden's clone was also on OKC. But yes, I would say that last season they absolutely would have been a better team; I mentioned this plenty of times over the season as Laker fans all over ran for the hills absolutely LACING Kobe and his game after one of his many costly games. It got to the point where even I thought the fanbase was going overboard, but it looks like they're back to defend their guy here.

Baller1
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Harden over Kobe? Give me a break.

Anyone who actively watched Laker games would know that Kobe got the ball with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock more often than not. Is this excuse good enough to explain his poor fg%? Nope. But nonetheless Kobe is still the best SG in the league.

What was he averaging after the all star game and in the playoffs? Yeup. Ill take KB

Of course you'd take Kobe. As long as you're ok with not winning championships, then it's a solid pick.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Of course you'd take Kobe. As long as you're ok with not winning championships, then it's a solid pick.

16 championships. 5 with Kobe and 7 appearances. I think I'll take my chances.

SteBO
07-10-2012, 09:28 PM

This is not a life time achievement award.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 09:30 PM

dont forget that he wasnt even the best player on that team for 3 of those championships

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM

lol you say that as if wade is some scrub. think about it objectively and you'll see wade does plenty of things better...

Offense
shooting - kobe
free throws - kobe
driving - wade
passing - wade
rebounding - i'd say its a wash, kobe's taller but wades more athletic right now and their numbers are always close in that category
post game - kobe
fast break - wade
handles - wade

Defense
man defense (1 on 1) - wade (i know kobe fans will argue this and kobe is the better career defender 1 on 1 but hes slower now)
help defense (blocks/getting in passing lanes/steals)- wade

Baller1
07-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Kobe isn't 25 anymore, in case you were unaware.

Dade County
07-10-2012, 09:47 PM
If Kobe wins this, the OP should just shut down the sg portion of this vote...

If people really can't see that wade is better... then their is no helping them.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Kobe isn't 25 anymore, in case you were unaware.

Kobe's still capable of dropping 40 on any given night. Now that he's not the primary ball handler his job becomes a lot easier. Kobe is and will continue to be better than Wade for the next 2-3 years.

dont forget that he wasnt even the best player on that team for 3 of those championships

You mad?

This is not a life time achievement award.

Doesn't have to be a lifetime achievement award for me to know who's better. Wade got it last year, but this year it belongs to KB.

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Kobe's still capable of dropping 40 on any given night. Now that he's not the primary ball handler his job becomes a lot easier. Kobe is and will continue to be better than Wade for the next 2-3 years.

hes also capable of plenty of 7/28 shooting type nights with like 1 assist lol.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-10-2012, 10:29 PM
hes also capable of plenty of 7/28 shooting type nights with like 1 assist lol.

Yeah when you have players on the Lakers who aren't capable of creating their own shot it happens more often than not.

Nash is going to take a lot of pressure off KB. Kobe's shooting %age will be one of the highest of his career next year mark my words.

Regardless though, there's a reason people are voting for Kobe over Wade this year compared to last. KBs still got it.

His 42 pt game losing to OKC game 6 was basically a FK U! To everyone saying he's done.

tredigs
07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah when you have players on the Lakers who aren't capable of creating their own shot it happens more often than not.

Nash is going to take a lot of pressure off KB. Kobe's shooting %age will be one of the highest of his career next year mark my words.

Regardless though, there's a reason people are voting for Kobe over Wade this year compared to last. KBs still got it.

His 42 pt game losing to OKC game 6 was basically a FK U! To everyone saying he's done.

Only took him 33 shots (1-6 from three), 0 assists and a series loss to do it. I'd say he came out even, ay. James Harden meanwhile on the other end with 17/8/4 on 6/10. Playing the game smart. But hey, at least Kobe hit 50% for the first time all series.

The dude was a chucker all season. It cost them the season; Lakers fans were running rampant wanting to torch his name. Moving on.

GoPacers33
07-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Kobe

Avenged
07-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Good grief... These are the posters who have 0 posts, and voted:

Wade:

akosimarie, baklaako, buyqube, clearstaduium, collide, florence, franco, galvez12345, hellophil, howieday, ibarra, imbaness, joana, jonarose, kamikazee, kamikazee123, kevinbarbin, maryjo, mataya12345, maximillian, moonriver, mostacho, OKC, peralta12, rianne, sayana12345, shiela12345, shomee, sotto, tintin, tiongson12345, urbandub, valenzuela11, wewengs

(All registered today)

Kobe:

RAG (who registered in 2011), spammails, Yabaecip

Seems like this Wade dupe is obsessed . That's 34 dupe votes for Wade :speechless: Get a damn hobby.

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Wade:

akosimarie, baklaako, buyqube, clearstaduium, collide, florence, franco, galvez12345, hellophil, howieday, ibarra, imbaness, joana, jonarose, kamikazee, kamikazee123, kevinbarbin, maryjo, mataya12345, maximillian, moonriver, mostacho, OKC, peralta12, rianne, sayana12345, shiela12345, shomee, sotto, tintin, tiongson12345, urbandub, valenzuela11, wewengs

Kobe:

Seems like this Wade dupe is obsessed . That's 34 dupe votes for Wade :speechless: Get a damn hobby.

Same **** different year. These guys really need to get a life.

Baller1
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM

Wade:

(All registered today)

Kobe:

:laugh2: wow.

SportsFanatic10
07-10-2012, 11:27 PM

Wade:

(All registered today)

Kobe:

hahaha damn. i was wondering how the gap closed so quick. earlier like just a few hrs ago wade was trailing by like 30 some votes. i remember last year a whole bunch of dupes were voting for amare in the pf poll.

Mile High Champ
07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Just a heads up; Kobe will be given number 1 and Wade number 2. Only makes sense considering how the votes have gone.

Number 3 up shortly.

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Yeah this is crap no way wade could've caught up! Kobe takes the cake! #1 once again

JordansBulls
07-11-2012, 12:16 AM

Wade:

(All registered today)

Kobe:

Which is why polls suck and you should have a committee of voters

Swashcuff
07-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Which is why polls suck and you should have a committee of voters

That's easier to do on Real ** than it is here though.

basketfan4life
07-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Wade, easily.

The word easily is the most common word for you :)

All your posts are like; Wade, easily

lebron, easily,

bosh, easily,

Heat, easily..

You have a problem.

b@llhog24
07-11-2012, 04:02 AM
The word easily is the most common word for you :)

All your posts are like; Wade, easily

lebron, easily,

bosh, easily,

Heat, easily..

You have a problem.

Nah that's naps things if anything, I'm more of the "Wade and its not even close" guy. :)

Vinny642
07-11-2012, 07:39 AM
The SG spot is such a weak position honestly though

canefandynasty
07-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Wade

DR_1
07-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Lol @ the guy who made the Wade dupes. Dream on man.

And lol at the comittee idea. So it's magically decided that the opinion of a few guys is >>> everyone else's opinion? Lol good one