PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic says...not so fast!

Longhornfan1234
07-09-2012, 11:39 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2012/07/orlando_magic_slows_momentum_o.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Orlando Magic apparently tapped the brakes on the proposed blockbuster four-team trade that would send disgruntled center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets and Nets power forward Kris Humphries to Cleveland in a sign-and-trade.

In the midst of a 24-hour media frenzy that saw the proposed deal increase from three teams to four, including as many as 11 players, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel sent out a Tweet on Monday morning that killed the momentum.

"orlandmagic don't expect a deal involving Dwight Howard today. No hurry whatsoever," Schmitz Tweeted. And, yes, he did forget the last O in Orlando.

Sources confirmed that to The Plain Dealer as well, calling reports of the trade "premature." If it gets done, it could take until Tuesday or Wednesday to nail down all of the moving parts. One source told the New York Post the odds of the deal getting done were 60-40.

Yahoo Sports reported that in the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams and Armon Johnson, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks. Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Yahoo Sports also reported Brooklyn was talking to the Los Angeles Clippers about sending MarShon Brooks there for an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic. If the Clippers decline to participate, other teams are in position to take on Brooks, Yahoo Sports reported.

ESPN reported Monday evening the deal could involve the Charlotte Bobcats replacing the Cavaliers. The Charlotte Observer reported the Bobcats would be interested in Humphries on a one-year deal but that they were not interested in Brooks.

Humphries' contract could be one stumbling block. He played on a one-year contract last year and reportedly is seeking a longer deal this time around, although it's unclear at this point if the Cavs are more interested in his skills or his value as a trade chip. His agent, Dan Fegan -- who also represents Howard -- reportedly had not spoken to the Cavs as of Monday afternoon, though that could change at any time, and he would be negotiating a new deal with Brooklyn, anyway.

Another problem could be the Magic actually would prefer to make a deal with the Lakers for Andrew Bynum, but Bynum will be an unrestricted free agent next summer and has not shown any willingness to sign a long-term deal with the Magic. Yahoo Sports reported earlier that he would consider signing with Cleveland because the Cavs have a lot of room under the salary cap.

The Houston Rockets also have been dogged in trying to remain in the discussion for Howard.

Bynum has had knee issues, Lopez has had foot issues and Howard is recovering from back surgery. Each of those medical problems will have to be thoroughly researched before any deal proceeds.

With all of those things unsettled, it's no wonder it could take a few days before Orlando's new general manager, Rob Hennigan, is ready to proceed with the deal that will define his tenure. Oh, and he also has to hire a coach to replace Stan Van Gundy, who was fired, reportedly in an effort to placate Howard.

Longhornfan1234
07-09-2012, 11:40 PM
1) Trade with Houston
2) Trade with L.A. w/ Bynum extended

3) Trade with Atl

4) Trade with BK.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 11:41 PM
:laugh2:

what a **** show

ImDaBaron
07-09-2012, 11:47 PM
:laugh2:

what a **** show

Yep

:)

Longhornfan1234
07-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I want this crap to end.

fadedmario
07-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Dwight Howard is pathetic.

slynxpac
07-09-2012, 11:51 PM
end this already

Blink
This is just getting old

Glen20
cockblocked

KniCks4LiFe
07-09-2012, 11:52 PM
it's going to happen. I'm not worried about it not happening. Right now MLB allstar week is still going, HR derby is done, in a few days the trade will go down.

bholly
07-09-2012, 11:53 PM
1) Trade with Houston
2) Trade with L.A. w/ Bynum extended

3) Trade with Atl

4) Trade with BK.

I'd probably put trade w/ Bynum extension at the top, but after that this looks pretty good. Depends how much Houston is willing to give, though - could drop them below a Teague+Horford deal.

JeffG20
if Orlando keeps backing out then they deserve to get Trolled by Dwight

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
I hope it ends soon end this crap plz I just wanna suck already

Angelus™
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
This is a damn joke.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
if the magic had any balls they would trade him to whoever gives them the best deal and say **** your feelings howard, your prima dona *****.

A move like that right there gets that new GM mad props from me and might even get him the Exec of year award. **** you dwight and **** what you want, have fun in charlotte(or some other bottom feeder)

D Blue987
07-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Been saying it all along. THat deal for the Magic is pure crap. Take your chances with Bynum and try to get him to extend or see if another team like Houston comes in and blows everyones offer out of the water. Just dont trade him to BKN for that trash deal. Step away from the ledge.

Punk
:laugh:

THE MTL
Honestly, trades of this magnitude with so many teams and players either happen fast or not at all. If their is a delay then there is clearly a problem on someone's end.

bholly
Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight
Sources: Magic accidentally deal Dwight Howard to themselves in 26-team trade.

I laughed.

joeystats
here we go again

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
it's going to happen. I'm not worried about it not happening. Right now MLB allstar week is still going, HR derby is done, in a few days the trade will go down.

MLB Allstar week has absolutely nothing to do with interfering with the Dwight HOward trade. Hell, it was the 4th of July and the Lakers and Suns spent most of their holiday on the Steve Nash trade.

Deals get done when deals get done.

jiggin
07-09-2012, 11:58 PM
be funny if they said **** it, and sat him on the bench all of next year.

LOL

That would be AWESOME...f off dwight, you lose an entire year of game play because you made this all about you and not about the team that dedicated a TON of resources and time on you... the world doesn't revolve around you or your buddies down there in Florida land.

They would trade you, but its hard to get a moving company to ship that super inflated head of yours and your ego is way to big to fit on any truck. maybe you can barrow LBJ's moving company...they had a hell of a time with his ego but they got him there.

*Superman*
07-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I took the time to read the article and it's based on this quote.

"orlandmagic don't expect a deal involving Dwight Howard today. No hurry whatsoever," Schmitz Tweeted. And, yes, he did forget the last O in Orlando.

That quote was stated before LAC was involved in the trade. It even says MONDAY MORNING. Either way, I think ORL did indeed slow its roll.

showtime24
07-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Lmao!

NFLNBA
07-09-2012, 11:59 PM
If there is truth to Bynum saying he didnt say he wouldnt sign extension then we should hear some more on that soon! That will change EVERYTHING!

b-ballistic
07-10-2012, 12:00 AM
I think David Stern is in on these negotiations. I really think Howard has limited choices.
It's the Howard/Stern fiasco!

RB#20
07-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Maybe he will end up with the Bulls a straight up trade for Kyle Korver and they'll ask the Thunder & Heat to send the Magic their 1st rd picks.

jiggin
07-10-2012, 12:01 AM
I took the time to read the article and it's based on this quote.

That quote was stated before LAC was involved in the trade. It even says MONDAY MORNING. Either way, I think ORL did indeed slow its roll.

so the quote is right...so why even comment?

b-ballistic
07-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I laughed.

Arch Stanton
07-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Orlando should wait as long as possible then trade him to Siberia for some goats and camels... Or Brook Lopez and his bad foot.

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:03 AM
MLB Allstar week has absolutely nothing to do with interfering with the Dwight HOward trade. Hell, it was the 4th of July and the Lakers and Suns spent most of their holiday on the Steve Nash trade.

Deals get done when deals get done.

You do know that the commish is the one w/ most say? not just the owners. From all accounts this deal is 99% done. You're not exchanging medical records for maybes. I just think the NBA wants the spotlight on them alone. Even Orlando's GM would agree to it if told. They are in Vegas right now for summer league, there's no rush to sign tonight but it's all but done.

*Superman*
07-10-2012, 12:05 AM
so the quote is right...so why even comment?

No blockbuster ever happens that fast, that statement was written before the trade even progressed to include a 4th team. And my point is that this is not real news, just someone creating another article based on an older quote that is true as of now. They only real hold ups this whole time are whether the Magic pull the trigger and if hump agrees to a s&t.

I just think the Magic are reconsidering the whole thing since Houston is still trying to deal and reports are saying that Bynum never said he wouldn't resign. Also the whole hold up with K.Hump.

ACanadian
07-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Finish him

TrueFan420
07-10-2012, 12:06 AM
if the magic had any balls they would trade him to whoever gives them the best deal and say **** your feelings howard, your prima dona *****.

A move like that right there gets that new GM mad props from me and might even get him the Exec of year award. **** you dwight and **** what you want, have fun in charlotte(or some other bottom feeder)

But if Dwight won't re up then the deal they'd offer won't be as good cause he could leave the new team and they'd be up shlt creek without a paddle

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 12:07 AM
stern is probably saying, "ship him to _______" and i will make sure you get that first pick

But if Dwight won't re up then the deal they'd offer won't be as good cause he could leave the new team and they'd be up shlt creek without a paddle

this is very true too, and one of the reasons why i kind if call BS on these teams that say they will take dwight as a rental.

How about a rubio, wes johnson, and derrick williams and 2 firsts for howard trade.

love howard front court would be dirty.

or a marc gasol and oj mayo for dwight package:shrug:

RB#20
07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm just thinking about what would happen if they remade the Matrix and casted Dwight Howard as Neo. Agent Smith will most likely kill Morpheus & crew while Dwight is trying to decide whether to take the Red Pill or the Blue Pill.

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2012, 12:09 AM
So looks like Bynum likes Orlando huh

The drama show continues.

One thing is for sure, Laker or Nets fan. We're both sick of the circus. End this crazy **** already.

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:10 AM
stern is probably saying, "ship him to _______" and i will make sure you get that first pick

if you're David Stern and know this deal is happening you tell them to make it tomorrow to take the spotlight away from Major League Baseball.

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2012, 12:10 AM
You do know that the commish is the one w/ most say? not just the owners. From all accounts this deal is 99% done. You're not exchanging medical records for maybes. I just think the NBA wants the spotlight on them alone. Even Orlando's GM would agree to it if told. They are in Vegas right now for summer league, there's no rush to sign tonight but it's all but done.

Cliff Lee to the Yankees was all but done until the Ms started asking for different players and shopped Lee to the Rangers.

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Cliff Lee to the Yankees was all but done until the Ms started asking for different players and shopped Lee to the Rangers.

Actually it was b/c Cashman wouldn't trade Eduardo Nunez and Jesus Montero. That deal was never near completion.

bholly
07-10-2012, 12:12 AM
If there is truth to Bynum saying he didnt say he wouldnt sign extension then we should hear some more on that soon! That will change EVERYTHING!

There's no reason for him to sign an extension. If he signs now as part of an extend-and-trade, he gets three years, including the year he already has left, and can only get 4.5% raises. If he waits until FA then re-signs with whichever team he's with, he can get 5 years and 7.5% raises.
If he extended now, or as part of an extend-and-trade, he'd be giving up a significant amount of money to facilitate a trade. Unless, for whatever reason, he really prefers being in Orlando to being with the Lakers, then he's not going to extend.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. It just doesn't make sense for him.

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:14 AM
There's no reason for him to sign an extension. If he signs now as part of an extend-and-trade, he gets three years, including the year he already has left, and can only get 4.5% raises. If he waits until FA then re-signs with whichever team he's with, he can get 5 years and 7.5% raises.
If he extended now, or as part of an extend-and-trade, he'd be giving up a significant amount of money to facilitate a trade. Unless, for whatever reason, he really prefers being in Orlando to being with the Lakers, then he's not going to extend.

stop! you're thinking logically!

NYsFinest
07-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Bynum has said he would like to play in Houston... so the most logical solution to this nonsense is to sejd bynum to the rockets, send the rockets picks and young players to orlando and howard to LA. Rockets gutted their team and bynum would thrive as the star in Houston, Magic actually get some value that fits a rebuilding team and the Lakers get their man. If the Magic agree to sign Lopez to a max contract as compensation i might :puke:

NFLNBA
07-10-2012, 12:17 AM

I agree but im sure they know the reason WHY he is saying not right NOW but he can tell them yeah after the season ill resign with you and why wouldnt he? He would make 25 mil more ONLY with them. SImple as that! EVERYONE knows why they wont sign right now but if he told them verbally yes i wont walk after season end then the Magic will take it, well unless there ******** lol

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm changing my gif. NBA FA has slowed down to "sources say" eversince I put it up.

LakersIn5
lakers please!

Cano-Montero...

this... I have been saying this all along...why the hell would he sign a 3 year extension when he could get 5 years next year to the team he is traded to or sign elsewhere for only 4 years... 25 mil difference would be a lot to leave on the table...Also being the man in Orlando would really make him stay...

BigCityofDreams
Actually it was b/c Cashman wouldn't trade Eduardo Nunez and Jesus Montero. That deal was never near completion.

Cashman had no problem giving up Montero. The deal was complete they had everything in place.

So much for the Yankees’ unwillingness to hand over prospects for three month rentals. Brian Cashman & Co. offered Jesus Montero, David Adams and another prospect, possibly Zach McAllister, for Lee and were 'on the brink' of acquiring him earlier today. The Yankees thought they had a deal for the left-hander, according to Rosenthal (Twitter link), but it wasn't the case. The Mariners re-opened discussions with the Rangers, learned that Smoak was available, and the sides reached a deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/yankees-may-be-close-to-acquiring-cliff-lee.html

‪#Yankees‬ livid with ‪#Mariners‬. Believed they had deal, then M's took it to ‪#Rangers‬ saying put Smoak in and Lee is yours... ‪#MLB

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/18149533011

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Cashman had no problem giving up Montero. The deal was complete they had everything in place.

So much for the Yankees’ unwillingness to hand over prospects for three month rentals. Brian Cashman & Co. offered Jesus Montero, David Adams and another prospect, possibly Zach McAllister, for Lee and were 'on the brink' of acquiring him earlier today. The Yankees thought they had a deal for the left-hander, according to Rosenthal (Twitter link), but it wasn't the case. The Mariners re-opened discussions with the Rangers, learned that Smoak was available, and the sides reached a deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/yankees-may-be-close-to-acquiring-cliff-lee.html

‪#Yankees‬ livid with ‪#Mariners‬. Believed they had deal, then M's took it to ‪#Rangers‬ saying put Smoak in and Lee is yours... ‪#MLB

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/18149533011

this is so off topic, Cashman even admitted on live radio the hold up was Nunez. He didn't want to package him w/ Montero, either way that's not really the deal you send Montero in.

KB-Pau-DH2012
When it comes to Dwight Howard.....

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS IMMINENT! :dance:

ThunderousDemon
Do it Mitch Cupcake, sweeten the deal with Steve Blake, do it!

NFLNBA
07-10-2012, 12:24 AM
this... I have been saying this all along...why the hell would he sign a 3 year extension when he could get 5 years next year to the team he is traded to or sign elsewhere for only 4 years... 25 mil difference would be a lot to leave on the table...Also being the man in Orlando would really make him stay...

OMG people! Hello CP3 all over again! YES we know this but the owners know this as well! They are not stupid, they can trade bynum without a new contract or extension cause they are still under contract for 1 year!!! He can verbally say i wont walk after next year but for my best interest im not signing tell the years up and the GMS know this!!! They are not dumb. Bynum will not leave 25 mil on the table!!! He just needs to verbally tell them i wont walk and leave that money on table! AND nobody would!!!!!

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2012, 12:24 AM
this is so off topic, Cashman even admitted on live radio the hold up was Nunez. He didn't want to package him w/ Montero, either way that's not really the deal you send Montero in.

It is off topic.

He held onto Nunez because he felt the Ms were being greedy.

bholly
07-10-2012, 12:25 AM
I agree but im sure they know the reason WHY he is saying not right NOW but he can tell them yeah after the season ill resign with you and why wouldnt he? He would make 25 mil more ONLY with them. SImple as that! EVERYONE knows why they wont sign right now but if he told them verbally yes i wont walk after season end then the Magic will take it, well unless there ******** lol

Well they clearly don't know that for sure. He's already listed a bunch of other teams he'd like to play for who will have cap space, and I'm pretty sure Orlando don't want to go through all this again at the next deadline with Bynum. You say they'd be '********' not to take it, everyone else says 'rational'. It's a business, they can't just trust his completely non-binding verbal 'yes'. That's screwed teams in the past.

The bigger point is that he could also just say 'no, I won't re-sign with you' in which case they won't trade for him, and he'll just end up getting the same max deal in LAL while playing with Kobe, Pau, and Nash and competing for titles as he would get while rebuilding in Orlando.
You don't think it's possible that making that list of teams he might sign with - teams that really surprised a bunch of people - is his way of making that threat and keeping himself in LA?

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:25 AM
It is off topic.

He held onto Nunez because he felt the Ms were being greedy.

Exactly what I said. That's not what's going on in this deal w/ Howard.

shep33
07-10-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm still interested to see who the 3rd team was in the proposed Laker deal. Can't remember where I read it, but LAL had another team going in on this.

BigCityofDreams
07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Exactly what I said. That's not what's going on in this deal w/ Howard.

My point was nothing is a done deal until it's absolutely done. We had "experts" saying more than once they would be surprised if the deal didn't get done today(yesterday)

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Look, we obviously cannot offer as many first round draft picks as Brooklyn. All we have right now is our 1st rd pick from 2014 as we already used up our 1st rd picks next yr and in 2015 to acquire Nash.

Now, what we can offer to Orlando is the 2nd best C in the game and a guy who probably won't reach his potential in the next 2-3 yrs by playing besides Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

So this is the way to go.

Andrew Bynum, Steve Blake, Josh McRoberts, Devin Ebanks S&T, 2014 1st rd pick to Orlando for Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and $2M in cash.

Just do it!!!!!

thephoenixson28
07-10-2012, 12:29 AM
****en tease

majmarcus
07-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Finish him
LmbO...mortal kombat style

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm still interested to see who the 3rd team was in the proposed Laker deal. Can't remember where I read it, but LAL had another team going in on this.

I'm interested too, they never mentioned it, right?

I would see if Toronto would want to get into the mix since they want to trade Calderon. Maybe come up with a package where Bynum and Calderon and a 1st rounder end up in Orlando, Dwight and maybe a contract from the Magic end up in LA and a contract from Orlando goes to Toronto.

That way, Raps don't have to amnesty Calderon and they can shed most of his salary for maybe a pair of players from Orlando like QRich and Duhon and Lakers get JRich. Blake and McBob and maybe Ebanks (S&T) to Orlando.

So basically this:

Lakers get: Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson

Raptors get: Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson

Magic get: Andrew Bynum, Jose Calderon, Steve Blake, Josh McRoberts, Devin Ebanks (S&T) and Lakers' 2014 1st rd pick.

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:31 AM
My point was nothing is a done deal until it's absolutely done. We had "experts" saying more than once they would be surprised if the deal didn't get done today(yesterday)

when you're exchanging medical records and try to pull out, that's like someone giving you the middle finger in trade discussion, I doubt Orlando is trying to give that impression. Jarred Rudolph pretty much said this is what would happen, they are doing a final sweep and then will pull the trigger on the deal. There's no way after exchanging records you pull out, that might jeopardize you getting anything in future deals. Esp since that's a new owner/gm.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 12:33 AM
this deal is holding a lot of other teams up...they better go with it or decline sening him to the nets by wednesday

SouthSideRookie
07-10-2012, 12:35 AM
when you're exchanging medical records and try to pull out, that's like someone giving you the middle finger in trade discussion, I doubt Orlando is trying to give that impression. Jarred Rudolph pretty much said this is what would happen, they are doing a final sweep and then will pull the trigger on the deal. There's no way after exchanging records you pull out, that might jeopardize you getting anything in future deals. Esp since that's a new owner/gm.

You have said this countless times today. Ric Bucher himself said on Sportscenter this morning that just because they have exchanged medical records doesn't guarantee that a deal will get done.

KB-Pau-DH2012
this deal is holding a lot of other teams up...they better go with it or decline sening him to the nets by wednesday

It's really ****ing up the Lakers' pursuit of free agent to shore up that bench because we don't know what contract we would have to take on and who else we would lose in the process. It's just such a headache. :pity:

bholly

I think that might be sort-of true in regular trades, where medical records come at the end, but in a situation like this where both centre-pieces have had injuries and both teams are trying to convince the other it's fine, then I think it makes total sense for the records to be exchanged much earlier in the process, and I don't think such an exchange implies any commitment to the deal.
They might just not want to spend a week getting the little details together only to find out one of the guys has been unacceptably injured or something all along, so they get it out of the way earlier.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Right, he said they were doing a final sweep.....almost 24 hrs ago!!!!!

He said Magic brass would do a final sweep, sleep on it, and make a final decision tomorrow (aka today).

I say just get this **** over with and send Dwight to Brooklyn already. This is what he wants, this is what ESPN and their 2 biggest dickriders in Ricardo Bucer and the dancing albino queen Chris Broussard have wanted for a yr now.

Like the Nike slogan.....JUST DO IT!

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:39 AM
You have said this countless times today. Ric Bucher himself said on Sportscenter this morning that just because they have exchanged medical records doesn't guarantee that a deal will get done.

I didn't say it is and it's not guaranteed, but when you exchange medical records it usually does. B/c you're releasing private information of a player, usually it's a verbal agreement. When you pull out of these deals, you damage your team's reputation and damage relationships w/ gms for future deals. Orlando being in the rebuilding stage will need to have a good relationship w/ other gms. This would just piss them off and question their interest in future deals.

NFLNBA
07-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Well they clearly don't know that for sure. He's already listed a bunch of other teams he'd like to play for who will have cap space, and I'm pretty sure Orlando don't want to go through all this again at the next deadline with Bynum. You say they'd be '********' not to take it, everyone else says 'rational'. It's a business, they can't just trust his completely non-binding verbal 'yes'. That's screwed teams in the past.

The bigger point is that he could also just say 'no, I won't re-sign with you' in which case they won't trade for him, and he'll just end up getting the same max deal in LAL while playing with Kobe, Pau, and Nash and competing for titles as he would get while rebuilding in Orlando.
You don't think it's possible that making that list of teams he might sign with - teams that really surprised a bunch of people - is his way of making that threat and keeping himself in LA?

Im saying if Bynum indeed say he didnt say that he wouldnt sign with them then the Magic would be dumb not to look at him. There are obviously a lot of false stuff being put out there! If he didnt say that im sure he didnt say the freaking Cavs as a spot either. The fact is The magic prefer Bynum and Bynum wants to be the man and if he does tell them hey u have to take my word i wont walk and WHY would he!? He wants to be the man - Check, Bank in every city - check Magic could offer him 3x anyone else - check

If im the Magic you have to roll the dice on that and take a chance JUST like the LAkers would have to do with Dwight cause the Lakers are daring him to walk away from more money and they will prob win a ring as well. Anyway this is all on the fact that Bynum did indeed say hey i never said that! There has been so much BS and false reports.

I know that Nash was Knick according to everyone and that he said it would be to hard for him to put on a Lakers jersey and how did that turn out!?!?!? LMAO

Cano-Montero...
07-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Look, we obviously cannot offer as many first round draft picks as Brooklyn. All we have right now is our 1st rd pick from 2014 as we already used up our 1st rd picks next yr and in 2015 to acquire Nash.

Now, what we can offer to Orlando is the 2nd best C in the game and a guy who probably won't reach his potential in the next 2-3 yrs by playing besides Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

So this is the way to go.

Andrew Bynum, Steve Blake, Josh McRoberts, Devin Ebanks S&T, 2014 1st rd pick to Orlando for Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and $2M in cash.

Just do it!!!!!

we cant trade the 2014 1st.

KniCks4LiFe
07-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Right, he said they were doing a final sweep.....almost 24 hrs ago!!!!!

Exactly, he told WFAN NY to expect that. Orlando will do a sweep through, call LAL and whoever else see if they can get a guaranteed player to stay, when they don't, they'll have to take the Nets deal b/c at this point it's the best deal out there. He even called Brook Lopez (Captain Planet)

He said Magic brass would do a final sweep, sleep on it, and make a final decision tomorrow (aka today).

negative, he said they would do a final sweep through before taking the deal.

I say just get this **** over with and send Dwight to Brooklyn already. This is what he wants, this is what ESPN and their 2 biggest dickriders in Ricardo Bucer and the dancing albino queen Chris Broussard have wanted for a yr now.

Pretty much. It'll suck for the Knicks though.

Like the Nike slogan.....JUST DO IT!

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 12:45 AM
we cant trade the 2014 1st.

Ah that's right, gr824 said something about the league putting restrictions on that because of some previous rule. Thanks.

Well then, **** Dwight! lol

SouthSideRookie
07-10-2012, 12:46 AM
I didn't say it is and it's not guaranteed, but when you exchange medical records it usually does. B/c you're releasing private information of a player, usually it's a verbal agreement. When you pull out of these deals, you damage your team's reputation and damage relationships w/ gms for future deals. Orlando being in the rebuilding stage will need to have a good relationship w/ other gms. This would just piss them off and question their interest in future deals.

The Magic should be looking out for the best intrest of their franchise first and foremost, if another team ups their bid they have every right to reconsider.

These GM's, owners and players are all grown men and know that this is a business.

HouRealCoach
07-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Get ALL of Rockets picks that they have recieved along with Royce White, KMart, & Trade Exception

NFLNBA
07-10-2012, 12:47 AM
It doesnt have to be difficult at all just swap the 2 jesus lol or lakers can amniesty Blake and also take a contract they dont want. Bynum and cap relief is better then anything else they have been offered!!!

bholly
07-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Im saying if Bynum indeed say he didnt say that he wouldnt sign with them then the Magic would be dumb not to look at him. There are obviously a lot of false stuff being put out there! If he didnt say that im sure he didnt say the freaking Cavs as a spot either. The fact is The magic prefer Bynum and Bynum wants to be the man and if he does tell them hey u have to take my word i wont walk and WHY would he!? He wants to be the man - Check, Bank in every city - check Magic could offer him 3x anyone else - check

If im the Magic you have to roll the dice on that and take a chance JUST like the LAkers would have to do with Dwight cause the Lakers are daring him to walk away from more money and they will prob win a ring as well. Anyway this is all on the fact that Bynum did indeed say hey i never said that! There has been so much BS and false reports.

I know that Nash was Knick according to everyone and that he said it would be to hard for him to put on a Lakers jersey and how did that turn out!?!?!? LMAO

Okay. Sure. If Bynum never said there are other teams he'd like to play for, and if he facilitated the trade by saying he'd definitely re-sign with Orlando after the season, then sure, maybe that would allay Orlando's fears enough to go for it. Fine.

But as far as we know, in reality the opposite has happened - he hasn't given them any guarantee and he has got a list of teams he'd like to play for, and on top of that it doesn't make any sense for him to facilitate a trade in that way when he could just stay in LAL, keep competing, earn the same max money, and still be the man in a few years time when he's entering his prime.

I get what you're saying. I get that if he verbally committed to Orlando that would be a show of good faith and might get it done. But so far we have no evidence he's done that, have no reason to think we would do it, and in fact have evidence of the opposite.
So I'm just saying let's not get too excited about the possibility just yet.

NFLNBA
07-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Okay. Sure. If Bynum never said there are other teams he'd like to play for, and if he facilitated the trade by saying he'd definitely re-sign with Orlando after the season, then sure, maybe that would allay Orlando's fears enough to go for it. Fine.

But as far as we know, in reality the opposite has happened - he hasn't given them any guarantee and he has got a list of teams he'd like to play for, and on top of that it doesn't make any sense for him to facilitate a trade in that way when he could just stay in LAL, keep competing, earn the same max money, and still be the man in a few years time when he's entering his prime.

I get what you're saying. I get that if he verbally committed to Orlando that would be a show of good faith and might get it done. But so far we have no evidence he's done that, have no reason to think we would do it, and in fact have evidence of the opposite.
So I'm just saying let's not get too excited about the possibility just yet.

Well we are now on same page then lol and dude im far from excited i just want dwight to go somewhere and do it now. Lakers dont NEED dwight and with Dwight coming off his first real serious injury to a back where that lingers thats scary and im suprised thats not a concern for anyone? He would def be crazy dangerous with Nash though with that high screen but Bynum will also have a breakout year with Nash. Howards heart is in Brooklyn and as a Laker fan i only want players who will bleed purple and gold and we know where he really wants to be. Magic are realy getting screwed tough thats only 4 sure thing in all of this if sent to Nets.

looka09
07-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Howard is a joke.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Howard is a joke.

Correction, the Magic FO is a joke.

justinnum1
07-10-2012, 01:05 AM

both

DoubleDragon
07-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Wow, so this guy has 6 teams (at least), 10+ players all of whose lives are in flux until he finally lands somewhere. My god what a soap opera. Send him to Charlotte and be done with it... (well, unless he wants to come to L.A that is:D)

Must be a weird feeling to have the whole NBA in chaos because of you. His back better be okay after all this. Crappy for the Magic fans any way you slice it. They're only a couple years removed from their last Eastern Conference championship, and those fans (I know, I've argued with a few;))
are pretty hardcore loyal to their team. Bummed for them.

The ChILL
07-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Still don't understand why Cleveland or Charlotte would help facilitate a trade like this? If small market teams want to retain their draft picks that turn out to be stars why accommodate a team that the player specifies he wants to go to.

Dwight will not be in a Nets jersey unless he is traded to them. Soooo don't trade him to the Nets. Get the best possible offer you can get and if he decides he doesn't want to re-up let him walk and be able to choose between like 4 teams.

bholly
07-10-2012, 01:07 AM

Otis didn't do the best job, but I haven't seen too much from Hennigan to get upset about yet. I suppose I rate Anderson less than others, though.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2012, 01:12 AM
lol, trade his *** for the best team deal... Bynum will sign once he becomes the go to guy at orlando...

shep33
07-10-2012, 01:14 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/magic/2012/07/09/20120709_SL_Schmitz_intv.nba/index.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Here we go again !!!

jiggin
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM

the FO just wants the best for their team. its not their fault that Howard is ungrateful in what they have done for him, what they have given to him and is burning that bridge because he thinks he is above ethical behavior.

That is the problem with ALL of these greedy NBA players...they have no feelings about others besides themselves and what THEY want...

...who cares what that team and that city have done for him.

**** people (anyone, star or not) that handles themselves and their lives so selfishly.

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Wow, so this guy has 6 teams (at least), 10+ players all of whose lives are in flux until he finally lands somewhere. My god what a soap opera. Send him to Charlotte and be done with it... (well, unless he wants to come to L.A that is:D)

Must be a weird feeling to have the whole NBA in chaos because of you. His back better be okay after all this. Crappy for the Magic fans any way you slice it. They're only a couple years removed from their last Eastern Conference championship, and those fans (I know, I've argued with a few;))
are pretty hardcore loyal to their team. Bummed for them.

Orlando need to stop acting like a bunch of girls and just trade howard to brooklyn or to any other team for assets. this should not be this complicated. the truth is howard could have just walked and orlando would not have gotten anything. howard is no slave and he does not have to be forced to stay forever in orlando

NBA-GMaster
07-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Charlotte replacing cleveland.. So Thomas, Diop,Carroll and 1st pick from detroit for Humphries($8M+/yr for 2 years), Turkoglu and Q.Richardson
then Lopez, Brooks, James,Johnson and Williams and 3 1st picks for Howard, J.Richardson and Clark

Lopez-Davis-Brooks-Reddick-Nelson
Diop-Thomas-James-____-Duhon

dsonLAL24
07-10-2012, 01:18 AM
What to believe?!

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:20 AM
the FO just wants the best for their team. its not their fault that Howard is ungrateful in what they have done for him, what they have given to him and is burning that bridge because he thinks he is above ethical behavior.

That is the problem with ALL of these greedy NBA players...they have no feelings about others besides themselves and what THEY want...

**** people (anyone, star or not) that handles themselves and their lives so selfishly.

Umm orlando would not give a crap bout Howard if he was an average ball player. They would trade him without asking him if it benefited orlando. Howard is doing orlando a favor by letting them get assets for him instead of him doing a lebron and just bolting orlando as free agent

shep33
07-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Orlando should just keep him and start Daniel Orton every game instead. Talk about punishment...

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Orlando should just keep him and start Daniel Orton every game instead. Talk about punishment...

yeah do that and no other high profile free agent would ever want to play for that organization if they see how vindictive they are. Orlando need to just give it up. howard has played out his contract and he should be a free agent at momet. Orl should be happy they are in position to get assets for him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 01:25 AM

What are you talking about? They regressed since the 09 finals. One knucklehead move after another.

Would you like for me to lay it out for you?? Well...here it goes!

1. After coming within 3 wins of the NBA title in 2009 after losing to LA, and by not having their young PG Jameer Nelson all healthy (shoulder), they still achieved a lot!

2. They matched Gortat's offer from the Mavs, which was great, but then they didn't bring back their best shooter, passer and best clutch and crunchtime player in Hedo Turkoglu. They decided to do a S&T to Toronto.

3. Then they got rid of Skip to my Lou, they traded away their rookie for Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson (who is now freakin Gustavo Ayon, which is Hennigan's official first real trade, lol).

4. They got rid of their stretch 4 in Shard Lewis for an injury prone overpaid Gilbert Arenas!

5. They wouldn't give Turkoglu that new contract, but yet ended up trading for him anyways after he was damaged good mentally with subpar stays in Toronto and PhX, and in the process, they got JRich, but gave up their best perimeter defender in Pietrus and also gave up Gortat (who btw they kept over Turkoglu because they couldn't afford to keep both by their stands) and Carter (who was Courtney Lee). I mean WTF?!?!?!?!??!!?

6. Then traded for guys like QRich and Duhon (2 of the bad contracts they're trying to get rid of at the current moment).

7. Then traded Brandon Bass to the Celtics in a S&T for Fat Baby!

You tell me man. You tell me! WTF did they do for Dwight.

Absolutely NOTHING! They killed the chemistry of the team they had in the 09 Finals.

Just putrid dumbass work by Devos, Martins and Otis, and now Hennigan.

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:29 AM
if orlando wanted a star back or equal value for howard they should have traded him a couple years before his contract ran out. The guy gave hints that he wanted out before start of last season , orlando could have gotten more top picks from broolkyn if they traded him then. orlando is stupid!!!

LakersSaintsLSU
07-10-2012, 01:33 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/magic/2012/07/09/20120709_SL_Schmitz_intv.nba/index.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

BOOM! Bynum never said he wouldnt sign an extension!! so espn needs to report the friggin truth and stop trying to play "front office" for us and the nets...thank u

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:39 AM
BOOM! Bynum never said he wouldnt sign an extension!! so espn needs to report the friggin truth and stop trying to play "front office" for us and the nets...thank u

yeah but Howard said he not extending with Lakers so it doesn't really matter. Lakers have no shot cause howard want brooklyn, not L.A

Lakers + Giants
07-10-2012, 01:41 AM

WTF does that have to do with anything?!

ThunderousDemon
07-10-2012, 01:43 AM
yeah but Howard said he not extending with Lakers so it doesn't really matter. Lakers have no shot cause howard want brooklyn, not L.A

If he gets traded to LA and then wins a championship that year, you really think he wouldn't re-sign.

bholly
07-10-2012, 01:45 AM

Well then the question is how credible would Orlando consider a verbal commitment from Bynum to be? The implication of everything we've heard is that they don't think it's that credible, otherwise they'd be pursuing him more, right?

Howard wanting Brooklyn makes pretty much no difference at all anymore if LAL trade for him, and they know that. Of course he says he wouldn't extend with LAL now - because he's trying to get traded to Brooklyn - but once he'd been traded to LAL and the Brooklyn dream is dead, I'm sure he'd reconsider that stance, and LAL would be pretty sure of that too, I think.

aztr0
07-10-2012, 01:46 AM
If he gets traded to LA and then wins a championship that year, you really think he wouldn't re-sign.

The man doesn't have a great reputation for making sound decisions... check the opt in last year. We wouldn't be discussing this BS right now.

jiggin
07-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Umm orlando would not give a crap bout Howard if he was an average ball player. They would trade him without asking him if it benefited orlando. Howard is doing orlando a favor by letting them get assets for him instead of him doing a lebron and just bolting orlando as free agent

are you kidding? He is doing them a favor? They know he doesn't want to play for them anymore...his crass egotistical blundering about wanting out have pretty much assured that. How is him complaining about being their and being so negative helping them? How is him DEMANDING a trade helping them? How is him trying to force the issue HELPING THEM?

See...if he was all that he thinks he is...he would be trying to recruit big name to play around him...not him trying to bolt and making such a big deal out of himself and how he MUST be traded.

I get it...he is a star and we should all bow down to his desires....:facepalm:

its a good thing there is a lot of money to be made or lost by these owners...because if it WAS just a hobby for them, it would be awesome if they kept him this year, but sat his sorry *** on the bench the entire year....making him lose a year of his career and his career stats go to ****. That would teach these big headed players who think they have total control over everything something something about who is really fitting the bill and in charge. Love to hear the players union grip over his lack of playing time...LOL

Players should never think they can dictate ANYTHING especially publicly when they are on a teams payroll. Its 1000% classless and unless you are a moron with no ethical backbone, you would see that its completely idiot and SHOULD make Howard look like a douche...cause he is with that kind of handling.

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:48 AM

Title is not gauranteed in L.A. But if he wins in L.A he may want to stay but that would be a cocky and dumb move on L.A to make the trade for a guy who's heart is not set on being there in L.A. Things may be worst with a disgruntled howard on LAKERS TEAM. maybe he likes ny more than LA as a place to live. i'm from ny and i would never want to live in LA

LakersSaintsLSU
07-10-2012, 01:49 AM

no shot? is dwight a net yet didn't think so......nets fan? or just laker hater? didn't nash say out of his own mouth that he wouldn't play for la? thank you !

KB-Pau-DH2012
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Alex Kennedy:
The latest team linked to the multi-team Dwight Howard trade? The Timberwolves. They may get involved in the talks, according to sources.

And so it continues... :laugh:

bearadonisdna
So Cleveland gets a 1st round pick, Humphries, 3 mil, and Quentin Richarson for Luke Walton?

Thats great for them.

ThunderousDemon
07-10-2012, 01:53 AM
So Cleveland gets a 1st round pick, Humphries, 3 mil, and Quentin Richarson for Luke Walton?

Thats great for them.

It seems that everyone involved in the Dwight Howard trade gets better except for the Magic.

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Well then the question is how credible would Orlando consider a verbal commitment from Bynum to be? The implication of everything we've heard is that they don't think it's that credible, otherwise they'd be pursuing him more, right?

Howard wanting Brooklyn makes pretty much no difference at all anymore if LAL trade for him, and they know that. Of course he says he wouldn't extend with LAL now - because he's trying to get traded to Brooklyn - but once he'd been traded to LAL and the Brooklyn dream is dead, I'm sure he'd reconsider that stance, and LAL would be pretty sure of that too, I think.

Ok lets say Lakers get him. but what's to stop howard from demanding a trade to brooklyn before trade deadline? L.A would be stupid to just let him walk for nothin after giving up bynum. The guys heart is set on brooklyn, stop trying to hold howard hostage, technically he should be a free agent now if he was not guilted into opting in by pathetic orlando org

Gritz
07-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Called this

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 01:59 AM
It seems that everyone involved in the Dwight Howard trade gets better except for the Magic.

haha well they should have traded him with a couple years left on contract, then they would have gotten a real star player back in return. Orlando should be happy dwight is helping them get assets cause he could have just lebroned them and walked for nothin

cheaptrikz
07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
saga continues

ThunderousDemon
07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Title is not gauranteed in L.A. But if he wins in L.A he may want to stay but that would be a cocky and dumb move on L.A to make the trade for a guy who's heart is not set on being there in L.A. Things may be worst with a disgruntled howard on LAKERS TEAM. maybe he likes ny more than LA as a place to live. i'm from ny and i would never want to live in LA

Title is not gauranteed in L.A.

Neither is it in Brooklyn, but he has a better chance with the Lakers to win.

But if he wins in L.A he may want to stay Really, you think so. :o

that would be a cocky and dumb move on L.A to make the trade for a guy who's heart is not set on being there in L.A. He'll change his mind once he's wearing a ring.

Things may be worst with a disgruntled howard on LAKERS TEAM. You don't have to worry about that, check my sig, Best run team in the NBA.

maybe he likes ny more than LA as a place to live. i'm from ny and i would never want to live in LA

Oh boy :facepalm: This is all I'm going to say for this quote.

P.S. Nobody gives a rat's *** if you don't want to live in LA.

justjames
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM
haha well they should have traded him with a couple years left on contract, then they would have gotten a real star player back in return. Orlando should be happy dwight is helping them get assets cause he could have just lebroned them and walked for nothin

LeBron was actually traded. After he announced his decision, Cavs and the Heat worked out a sign a trade deal for picks. No player ever wants to leave that 5th year off the table.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM

Post of the nite!

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 02:05 AM
no shot? is dwight a net yet didn't think so......nets fan? or just laker hater? didn't nash say out of his own mouth that he wouldn't play for la? thank you !

wow, arrogant laker fans think yall deserve every star player and yall think that all the stars would just love to live in L.A. Well howard has not changed his mind bout L.A being a good spot for him to play. Plus that's kobe's team so why would dwight want to go play with ball hog kobe when he was complaining bout not gettin ball enough on orlando:confused:

ThunderousDemon
07-10-2012, 02:07 AM
wow, arrogant laker fans think yall deserve every star player and yall think that all the stars would just love to live in L.A. Well howard has not changed his mind bout L.A being a good spot for him to play. Plus that's kobe's team so why would dwight want to go play with ball hog kobe when he was complaining bout not gettin ball enough on orlando:confused:

Have you been following the News, we have Steve Nash who was recruited by Kobe to come to the Lakers.

bholly
07-10-2012, 02:08 AM
[/B]

Ok lets say Lakers get him. but what's to stop howard from demanding a trade to brooklyn before trade deadline? L.A would be stupid to just let him walk for nothin after giving up bynum. The guys heart is set on brooklyn, stop trying to hold howard hostage, technically he should be a free agent now if he was not guilted into opting in by pathetic orlando org

Nothing. He can demand all he likes. But his options if they hold onto him are going to be to re-sign with them and compete for championships immediately while making max money, or take less to go and try to build something with one of the few teams that could afford him, like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston. As long as the Lakers think he'll choose the former over the latter, then they're golden and Dwight's Brooklyn desire means absolutely nothing.

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Everyone does know that if Howard does get traded to the lakers then there is no way he can be a net anymore because they would have no money to sign Howard unless he's down to play for the vets minimum!

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Neither is it in Brooklyn, but he has a better chance with the Lakers to win.

Really, you think so. :o

He'll change his mind once he's wearing a ring.

You don't have to worry about that, check my sig, Best run team in the NBA.

Oh boy :facepalm: This is all I'm going to say for this quote.

your post screams of cockiness and spoiledness as a laker fan. I have never heard howard say anything good bout L.A or playing there. he wants brooklyn and does not want to play with that ball hog kobe. In brooklyn howard would be the main star out of the big 3. in L.A howard would just be another star behind kobe and others that have played there before.

Plus L.A is full of earthquakes so why would dwight want to go there:confused:

shep33
07-10-2012, 02:13 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Alex Kennedy:

And so it continues... :laugh:

Kevin Love for Kris Humphries

ThunderousDemon
07-10-2012, 02:14 AM
your post screams of cockiness and spoiledness as a laker fan. I have never heard howard say anything good bout L.A or playing there. he wants brooklyn and does not want to play with that ball hog kobe. In brooklyn howard would be the main star out of the big 3. in L.A howard would just be another satr behind kobe and others that have played there before.

Do you want me to dissect your whole post like I did the other one, but I warn you that you might get butt hurt if I do, so are you ready?

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 02:16 AM
I dont blame the magic being hesitant to make this move in conference.

It take them like 5 yrs to build a team to compete with this Brooklyn team they help build.
You want a 2-3 year plan, not a 5 yr plan.

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Have you been following the News, we have Steve Nash who was recruited by Kobe to come to the Lakers.

yeah and as soon as nash passes Dwight the ball more than kobe all hell will break loose. especially if lakers get off to slow start. we all know kobe has an ego from hell and he wont accept being a #2 option at this point yet. Howard knows this so he wont go play with kobe. and i dont blame him cause kobe is a chucker

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 02:18 AM
Same thing for Gilbert and Cavs. Its like Kamikaze hour.

shep33
07-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Howard's a wanker.

dsonLAL24
07-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Big time

LOOTERX9
07-10-2012, 02:21 AM
Do you want me to dissect your whole post like I did the other one, but I warn you that you might get butt hurt if I do, so are you ready?

You can dissect my post all you want but you can't answer my question, when has dwight ever said anything good bout going to play for L.A :confused: Kobe dissed howard by saying they don't need him and that bynum is best center. plus howard wants to start a new legacy in bklyn. He does not want to live in L.A. If he did he would have said so by now

Crackadalic
07-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Just end this **** already

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 02:23 AM
"Yahoo Sports reported that in the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams and Armon Johnson, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks. Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Yahoo Sports also reported Brooklyn was talking to the Los Angeles Clippers about sending MarShon Brooks there for an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic. If the Clippers decline to participate, other teams are in position to take on Brooks, Yahoo Sports reported. "

So the Nets get Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark.
And they are sending out Brook Lopez (and his max contract), Damion Jones,Shelden Williams, armon Johnson, Brooks and draft picks?

Can anyone tell me what draft picks they are sending cuz this deal is looking SWEET for Brooklyn.

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Nevermind. I read in another thread it is 3.
Sorry for the waste of space.

BURAKOBE
07-10-2012, 02:30 AM

Oh what a great idea, Orlando should accept the best offer. How come anybody couldn't think about that before. You are a genious.

And you think Charlotte or another bottom feeder can give them the best offer, they are bottom feeder for a reason. For the first time my 7 years in psd, i'm gonna do it :facepalm:

LakersSaintsLSU
07-10-2012, 03:14 AM
your post screams of cockiness and spoiledness as a laker fan. I have never heard howard say anything good bout L.A or playing there. he wants brooklyn and does not want to play with that ball hog kobe. In brooklyn howard would be the main star out of the big 3. in L.A howard would just be another star behind kobe and others that have played there before.

16 chips and counting damn right were cocky we deserve 2 be!

--23--
07-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Orlando should just trade him to L.A or Houston, they could offer better peices.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Watch Orlando to be stupid enough to release him

lol

flatbush knicks
07-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Big time

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
yo that has got to be the funniest sig i've seen yet an fyi i think he ends up on the last team on your sig

Slimsim
07-10-2012, 05:46 AM
why am i enjoying this does this make me a troll

arkanian215
07-10-2012, 06:17 AM
0a

BALLER R
07-10-2012, 06:34 AM
If there are team that want him but don't care if he signs an extension or not. Why aren't those teams trade partners. Just trade him to anyone that will give you something good back.

meadowlarklemon
07-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Howard's a wanker.

Chill_Will_24
07-10-2012, 07:13 AM
I dont blame the magic being hesitant to make this move in conference.

It take them like 5 yrs to build a team to compete with this Brooklyn team they help build.
You want a 2-3 year plan, not a 5 yr plan.

It took the Nets 6 years but look what they are about to do

bearadonisdna
07-10-2012, 07:17 AM
It took the Nets 6 years but look what they are about to do

Thats true , but that included a relocation.
Magic and Nets are different situation cuz the magic aint goin nowhere.

ThePooH_1_
07-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Howard should retire so everybody is happy :D

EasternStar
07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Even though things look complicated right now, I still believe that this deal will go through. All that is remaining is a third team committed (CLE or CHA). I project a deal gets done by July 12th. If not, then Lakers fans should come out of the woods.