PDA

View Full Version : Why do people feel for stupid teams? Small market fools do it to themselves.

ldawg
07-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Why do people feel for stupid teams? Small market fools do it to themselves. I dont get understand what Cavs and Magic are thinking. I do think its best to do a trade that helps and make your team better no matter which conference the team is in. However in this case i think its a bone head move to form a young super team in your own conference that will be around for a while. If Howard was the first piece then it wont matter but he is the last piece you have a view of the team you have to go up against, Why would you do that? Magic can go ahead and put an x on 8 losses a season for the next 4 years. 4 from nets and 4 from heat. Why do you set up your team like that when you can make a trade that you can compete with them? Why not keep him or trade him West to mavs Huston or something like that. You dont trade a player like that in your conference.
I have no clue how this propose trade help Cavs who can also put 8 x in the loss box. Why in the world do they have to give up draft pics for a free agent? Then they to will help form a young super team in their conference. A young team like that need its draft picks rather than giving them up for free. Humphries and Vaerga or what ever his name is is the same player if they want him just sign him keep your draft picks to improve your own team. Cavs by far is getting the worst end of the stick.

bholly
07-09-2012, 08:54 PM
People don't feel for stupid teams, they feel for small market teams that have an inherent disadvantage in attracting free agents, and they feel for the fans of teams with stupid FOs.

When New York went through the Isiah era, or even their current situation, nobody felt bad for them because they were stupid - they thought it was hilarious that they were so stupid. When big market teams go bad, everyone just thinks it's funny.

People feel bad for fan-bases that get screwed by stars leaving, but they don't feel bad for teams or the actual stupid people, the FOs - if Dwight goes to the Nets there's going to be no end to how badly people think of the Orlando FO. Nobody sympathises with stupid teams, they sympathise with the fans of stupid teams who have to put up with it.

Glen20
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
lol i don't feel for any of them

fadedmario
07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Yawn.

RLundi
07-09-2012, 09:02 PM
I didn't feel like reading it all but it seems like a slight to Orlando so I'll just automatically disagree :)

Blitzbolt
07-09-2012, 09:03 PM
It happens all the time the Grizzlies did it with Pau Gasol they never had the money to put players around him same with CP3 and others.

At the end of the day they or we have no choice but to dump the player for sh i t and start again like a circle.

Arch Stanton
07-09-2012, 09:09 PM
This thread is STUPID!