PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

keetyweedy
07-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Now that Nash has went to the Lakers & DH12 is pretty much almost a Net what did the new CBA exactly establish???

Badluck33
07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
nothing. in about 3 years owners will start to take turns kicking each other in the nuts.

xabial
07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Owners are ********. Especially Jordan. He Buys a Small Market Team Whose Worth is Ranked 28th-30th, and expects almost all the FA's To Want to Play There.

Jordan Has a History of Poor Front Office Decisions (Drafting Kwame Brown with the #1 Overall Pick, and #3 Overall Pick Adam Morrison. Both are Oneof the Biggest Busts in NBA history)

He's one of the "Hardline" Owners who Slowed Down the Negotiating Process. I wish the NBA would Disband His Team already.

Give the Players their Freedom. You Build a Championship Calibur Roster Around Them They Stay (Weither Or Not The are Small Market...AKA Kevin Durant..)

Build Crappy , Average, or Below Average Rosters around them and Expect them to Lead Your Team They Leave (especially if your a SMALL MARKET Team!)...(LeBron James, Chris Bosh.... Miami's the exception B/C They Had Cap Space to Sign 3-MAX FA'S Probably the ONLY team in NBA HISTORY to accomplish this Feat. Props to Pat, for Taking advantage of Super Star Players unhappy with their Crappy Supporting Cast.

And Ofc, then you've got the Small Market Fans, (or Cleveland Fans).. Crying Waawaa. Its a FREE COUNTRY, Just Give Players The RIGHT to choose where they want to Play, and Hope you Have a COMPETANT GM/OWNER.

But **** Players Who Demand Trades Publicly. I hate that. Its disrespectful and distracting to the team. (Rudy Fernandez, Dwight Howard)

And **** Players who Make Shows Called "The Decision" when they Make their Decision. :D

Players Who leave Peacefully Via Free Agency Have Done Nothing Wrong, and don't deserve the HATE.

yanksrock
07-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Already covered. The New CBA is garbage. All they accomplished was a shortened season.

Slug3
07-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Split was 57-43 in favor of players. I believe it is now 51-49 in favor of players. Owners did get 6% back and team sharing I believe.

keetyweedy
07-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Already covered. The New CBA is garbage. All they accomplished was a shortened season.

and Larger contracts to avg players :facepalm:

StarvingKnick22
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
it shows that the next time david stern offers to help the owners make a deal during a lockout, the owners should IGNORE his CRAPPY IDEAS

Gritz
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Nothing, it goes to show, you should root for teams that have money to pay the Luxury tax lol

keetyweedy
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Split was 57-43 in favor of players. I believe it is now 51-49 in favor of players. Owners did get 6% back and team sharing I believe.

I understand that, but what is 6% when your team doesn't even garnish enough attention because all the players worth watching are going to the top tier teams in each conference...doesn't the nba lose money?

keetyweedy
07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
it shows that the next time david stern offers to help the owners make a deal during a lockout, the owners should IGNORE his CRAPPY IDEAS

:clap:

Mr.B
07-09-2012, 06:55 PM
You won't notice what it accomplished until the penalties for repeat offenders start to kick in.

KingsPhillies
07-09-2012, 06:56 PM
What did it establish? A platform for even more bad decisions.

PhillyFaninLA
07-09-2012, 07:06 PM
A new CBA with different profit sharing, but not new regulations, and the same people making business decisions means the same type of decisions are being made.

I believe people making a big deal just like shouting and not making points. The system allows all teams to do the same things, players can talk to each other and decide to play together no system can change that, at least not one that has a chance of existing.

I say hope your team makes good decisions. The Nets improvements shows what the Sixers and every other team in the league can do, they just don't have the people to make the right decisions.

Glen20
07-09-2012, 07:11 PM
small market teams have a higher price to pay if they want talent on their team
a new CBA isn't going to fix that (unless it removes the free market)
i guess the few real positives to come out of the new CBA are the revenue sharing, increased luxuray tax payments, and the mini mle for those over the luxury tax threshold

Slug3
07-09-2012, 07:11 PM
I understand that, but what is 6% when your team doesn't even garnish enough attention because all the players worth watching are going to the top tier teams in each conference...doesn't the nba lose money?

Well would you want a 6% raise or reduction in your salary? Also there is profit sharing now as well. More money for small market teams.

The Jokemaker
07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
It will result in raised ratings thats for sure. New York has their two teams with superstars galore, the Heat dynasty, and the Lakers reloaded with Nash. These teams will be in the playoffs and hyped galore in the regular season, leading to ratings explosion in the NBA Final which means more money.

yanksrock
07-10-2012, 12:25 AM
and Larger contracts to avg players :facepalm:

This too. Nothing worse than Landry Fields' contract.

Sssmush
07-10-2012, 12:30 AM
New CBA insures that Dallas, Charlotte, Indiana and Denver won't win titles any time soon.

AND it gives those teams a few million in sweet revenue sharing bucks.

ty

Hellcrooner
07-10-2012, 01:27 AM
small market teams have a higher price to pay if they want talent on their team
a new CBA isn't going to fix that (unless it removes the free market)
i guess the few real positives to come out of the new CBA are the revenue sharing, increased luxuray tax payments, and the mini mle for those over the luxury tax threshold

free what????? theres no free market in the nba: Draft, RFA, Max amount for contracts, Matching salarys in trades, salary cap.

LongWayFromHome
07-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Well the Lakers cap number next year will be about 90-95 million. lets say 93

In the old CBA that would cost them 23 million in luxury tax.

In the new system it will cost them about 55 million...78 if they are considered "repeat offenders".

That means that adding Steve Nash's 9 mil per year contract is actually costing them more like 35 million per year.

That's a big deal.

Nets will be in same boat. Sure, they have the cash to do it. But when extending Marshawn Brooks in a few years cost 40 million instead of just 10 it will be a big deal.

LongWayFromHome
07-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Also (this is HUGE) starting in 2013-2014 (next offseason I guess?) teams at least 4 million above the tax line cannot acquire a player via S&T.

Hellcrooner
07-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Also (this is HUGE) starting in 2013-2014 (next offseason I guess?) teams at least 4 million above the tax line cannot acquire a player via S&T.

wich means, they cant do a sign and trade on july 1st, but can do in fact make a trade for the resigned player around december 1 .

expect a lot of wink wink deals and /or deadline trades for "expiring" players.

KaganRS
07-10-2012, 04:07 AM
"Just curious."

But are you just curious ?

LongWayFromHome
07-10-2012, 04:10 AM
wich means, they cant do a sign and trade on july 1st, but can do in fact make a trade for the resigned player around december 1 .

expect a lot of wink wink deals and /or deadline trades for "expiring" players.

I see where you are going here but in a S&T the signing of the contract is contingent on the trade and it is all one transaction.

In your example the team does not have to then trade the player.

Example: the Suns now have Steve Nash for 3yr 25 mil and can trade him wherever they want to. Rather than having to deal him to the Lakers.

Mr.B
07-10-2012, 08:41 AM
New CBA insures that Dallas, Charlotte, Indiana and Denver won't win titles any time soon.

ty

Are you saying that Dallas is a small market team?

keetyweedy
07-10-2012, 02:24 PM

ty

Im sorry but dallas is NOT a small market team plus cuban is one of the top 5 richest owners