PDA

View Full Version : Steve Novak to Knicks 4yrs $15Mill

waveycrockett
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Combined 55 Million to just him and Lin over 4 years

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Novak's deal with the Knicks is for $15 million over four years with no options.

https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/222403372756631552

Both guys showing the D-League has its uses can make you a rich man. Good for them.

Losoway
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
pretty solid deal .

novak needs to work on creating his own shot or finding better ways to get open this summer

because the miami heat exposed him this playoffs

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
He was beyond awful in the playoffs. Miami made him look like a lost rookie, and he cant do anything other than shoot.

Kenny

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Novak's deal with the Knicks is for $15 million over four years with no options.

Both guys showing the D-League has its uses can make you a rich man. Good for them.

Huh?? 55 million? Where did you go to school? Lin has a contract for about 3 years and 20 mill then a team option the 4th year. Both players were early bird right players.

55 million? You pulled those numbers out of your ***

nycericanguy

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Huh? How is $15m + 28m = $55m?

Good effort though.

Lin's deal is only 3 years $19.3m guaranteed + Novak's deal = 34.3m.

xxplayerxx23
lol the OP/ Good signing. love novak

LOOTERX9
MEH, Novak was exposed in playoffs. he can't and wont attempt to shoot if a defender gets close to him. He only shoots when he's wide open.

LTBaByyy
07-09-2012, 03:02 PM
To be honest he should start at SG

When you have Lin, Melo, Amare, and Chandler in the same line up

He would be open every play, way more than playing with the bench players

xxplayerxx23
Oh Yeah Btw KNICKS ARE BACK :D

xxplayerxx23

When you have Lin, Menlo, Amare, and Chandler in the same line up

to slow to guard the 2

Chronz
MEH, Novak was exposed in playoffs. he can't and wont attempt to shoot if a defender gets close to him. He only shoots when he's wide open.

I dont call that getting exposed if its what we knew about him beforehand. And the fact will still remain if a defender is close to him, then hes doing his job by spacing the floor.

airforceones25
Novak will never be able to create his own shot.. What he is an absolute deadly pure shooter with nothing to boot. Either way I think that is a risky contract for him. Fully guaranteed. I see the Knicks have zero problem going into the red. if they don't win all hese contacts will look stupid in the near future.

Rivera
more than 3 mil per for only a spot up shooter and nothing else? meehhhhhhhh

KnicksR4Real
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM
expected to happen always good to have a knock down shooter

Losoway
with dwight in brooklyn (all but confirmed) and the knicks getting all there players back

this rival will be great

justinnum1
schuman
$3.75 million for every 3 he hit in the playoffs. RT @WojYahooNBA: Novak's deal with New York is for $15 million over four years.
:laugh:

waveycrockett
Huh? How is $15m + 28m = $55m?

Good effort though.

Lin's deal is only 3 years $19.3m guaranteed + Novak's deal = 34.3m.

Last I heard Rockets were upping to $40 Mill over 4.

JWO35
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Probably the most reasonable signing so far during the Free Agency Period....

dnewguy
LOL.......the Knicks must see something in him. Did they take a look at what James Jones make before they paid him? Not a lick of defense, offense sucks and you gave him 15 million?

Losoway
Novak will never be able to create his own shot.. What he is an absolute deadly pure shooter with nothing to boot. Either way I think that is a risky contract for him. Fully guaranteed. I see the Knicks have zero problem going into the red. if they don't win all hese contacts will look stupid in the near future.

he can create his own shoot if he works at it. set back screens , cut cut cut cut and cut

novak just stand still at the corner ..even tho he his spacing the floor i would like him to start taking shots with defenders in his face or some type movement without the ball

nycericanguy
07-09-2012, 03:06 PM

As usual, you're quite wrong.

Lin agreed to 3/19.3m guaranteed, with a 4th year option that could bring it to 28m.

xxplayerxx23
07-09-2012, 03:06 PM

well you heard wrong

nycericanguy
07-09-2012, 03:07 PM

Knicks have money, so no its not a problem.

And FYI all NBA contracts are guaranteed.

airforceones25
07-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Probably the most reasonable signing so far during the Free Agency Period....

If by most reasonable you mean overpaid and fully guaranteed I'll agree with you. Just because the dollar amount is less doesn't make it any better.

dnewguy
07-09-2012, 03:08 PM

They can only beat bad teams.

Weezy

Are you seriously pullin **** out of your ***... man at least post a source or something.

justinnum1
LOL.......the Knicks must see something in him. Did they take a look at what James Jones make before they paid him? Not a lick of defense, offense sucks and you gave him 15 million?

I was just thinking this lol, he is bascailly james jones but getting paid twice what james jones makes.

Makes the ray allen signing look that much more incredible.

But ny had to overpay him or lose him to some other team. Will be funny when he is riding the bench in 2 years and making 4mil lol

Teams will just see how miami guarded him in the playoffs, he was just awful in the first round.

AddiX
07-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Worth every penny, he won a lot of games for us.

I've also never seen a player like Novak in NY, that everytime he touches the ball the fans go nuts. It's quite a scene to see how quickly he's become a fan favorite here in ny.

torocan
He was beyond awful in the playoffs. Miami made him look like a lost rookie, and he cant do anything other than shoot.

Erm Heat did that to Harden too...

xxplayerxx23
Novak > james jones :P

airforceones25
07-09-2012, 03:10 PM

When I say guaranteed I mean there is zero options in the contract. You want to have team options on a deal like that with a player like Novak so you can get out from a bad deal. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

waveycrockett
07-09-2012, 03:11 PM
As usual, you're quite wrong.

Lin agreed to 3/19.3m guaranteed, with a 4th year option that could bring it to 28m.

I think I'll go with the guys who are not Knicks fans on PSD. Seems like you guys are mad about it.

nycericanguy
07-09-2012, 03:11 PM
When I say guaranteed I mean there is zero options in the contract. You want to have team options on a deal like that with a player like Novak so you can get out from a bad deal. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

its $3.75m per... not exactly a big deal to get out of a contract like that.'

He basically got the same contract Matt Bonner got for SAS. Very similar players.

Evolution23
07-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Old man ray got nothing on discount triple check

yanksrock
07-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Great deal.

xxplayerxx23
07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I think I'll go with the guys who are not Knicks fans on PSD. Seems like you guys are mad about it.

Get your facts straight before you post

dnewguy
07-09-2012, 03:13 PM

He basically got the same contract Matt Bonner got for SAS. Very similar players.

Bonner can take charges, can rebound.....Novak will sit in a corner waiting for an open look. Nothing else...run up to him, he'll either pass or turn the ball over.

dnewguy
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Why are Knicks fans mad if this is a great signing?

airforceones25
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Roughly 4 million sitting at the end of a bench not playing is a big deal. The dollar value might not be an issue but that money is still taking away a roster spot for someone that can contribute. Obviously this is hypothetical based off Novak not improving.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I dont call that getting exposed if its what we knew about him beforehand. And the fact will still remain if a defender is close to him, then hes doing his job by spacing the floor.

Thank you, Chronz. These hoopleheads saying Novak needs to learn to create his own shot. :facepalm: Thats not Novak. The fact of the matter is we have his bird-rights, he isn't going against the cap, and he's the best 3point shooter in the NBA. Pretty good deal imo.

and btw The Knicks are back.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-09-2012, 03:16 PM

We're not.We're happy that we got him back. 3.75mill a year doesn't worry us.

knicksfan42
Roughly 4 million sitting at the end of a bench not playing is a big deal. The dollar value might not be an issue but that money is still taking away a roster spot for someone that can contribute. Obviously this is hypothetical based off Novak not improving.

Money isn't a factor at all, hurts nothing but Dolan's wallet, our ability to acquire players is not in anyway hindered.

JasonJohnHorn
Well... less than 4 mil a year? This is likely the most reasonable contract signed this offseason. lol

bowdown27
Very happy we resigned him. Definitely a nice 3point shooter coming off the bench.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Old man ray got nothing on discount triple check

R u serious? Did you watch the playoffs? Novak was awful. Waste of space out there, his defense is horrible and he just stands around and waits for the ball and even when he had wide open looks, wade was locking him down:laugh2:

But hey, they knicks are back, so congrats:clap:

xxplayerxx23

This, People in here dont realize even when he isnt hitting his shots he still demands his guy to stick by him

waveycrockett
Get your facts straight before you post

facts are straight bro. Celebrate Novak thats what this thread is about.

Evolution23
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Best shooter in the universe for 3 mil a year? Heat should have went after him instead of Ray. Big lose for them.

$KnicksAndKobe$
R u serious? Did you watch the playoffs? Novak was awful. Waste of space out there, his defense is horrible and he just stands around and waits for the ball and even when he had wide open looks, wade was locking him down:laugh2:

In all fairness, who didn't look awful against the Heat :rolleyes:

knicksfan42
Thank you, Chronz. These hoopleheads saying Novak needs to learn to create his own shot. :facepalm: Thats not Novak. The fact of the matter is we have his bird-rights, he isn't going against the cap, and he's the best 3point shooter in the NBA. Pretty good deal imo.

In Russian "Steve Novak re-signs" roughly translates to "Knicks are Back."

torocan
I was just thinking this lol, he is bascailly james jones but getting paid twice what james jones makes.

But ny had to overpay him or lose him to some other team. Will be funny when he is riding the bench in 2 years and making 4mil lol

Teams will just see how miami guarded him in the playoffs, he was just awful in the first round.

Actually, what people are missing is the Knicks don't have a choice.

The Knicks are deep over the cap.
The Knicks will hit the Luxury Tax no matter what they do, even if they pass on Lin and Novak due to the massive Stat/Chandler/Melo contracts.

The Knicks have S&T and Mini-MLE and that's it. Signing/not signing Lin/Novak have ZERO impact on that.

Which means that the choice is simple...

Sign Lin under Bird and use your mini-MLE/S&T to acquire additional players/upgrades, or PASS on Lin and have to USE the mini-MLE/S&T pieces to REPLACE Lin, then try to upgrade with what's left.

Same applies to Novak under early Bird. Sign Novak, do your signings. Or PASS on Novak, then have to REPLACE Novak and possibly have nothing left over.

Lin/Novak are FREE signings when it comes to the cap and lux tax restrictions. It comes down to how much money Dolan wants to spend in the Lux tax.

Melo/STAT/Chandler will be $57M on their own by year 3. And they'll still need 11 other roster players + back ups, so unless you're saying sign NOBODY above Vet Minimum, the next 3 years is going to be the same.

So, they can try to save a dime and have a worse roster, with Melo/STAT/Chandler aging another year and spending $50M+, or eat the contracts, make the team as good as they can, and trade some of those pieces out later if necessary.

This of course is aside from it being Silly to let Lin and Novak (early birds) leave the team for NOTHING. Heck, even if you do NOT want Lin/Novak, because they're free signings, you sign them ANYWAY then trade them for picks, players, as expirings, etc.

b@llhog24
07-09-2012, 03:19 PM
pretty solid deal .

novak needs to work on creating his own shot or finding better ways to get open this summer

because the miami heat exposed him this playoffs

Lolwut?

If by most reasonable you mean overpaid and fully guaranteed I'll agree with you. Just because the dollar amount is less doesn't make it any better.

You're underrating Novak, he's had a fantastic season.

justinnum1
Best shooter in the universe for 3 mil a year? Heat should have went after him instead of Ray. Big lose for them.

You really need to work on your trolling bro, its lacking big time.

IF we made a poll in the knicks forum and called who do you want for 3mil per year, Ray allen or novak? We all know who wins that.;)

Evolution23

He didn't even shoot much because he didn't want to make Wade cry again.:facepalm: Get your facts straight.

Evolution23
You really need to work on your trolling bro, its lacking big time.

IF we made a poll in the knicks forum and called who do you want for 3mil per year, Ray allen or novak? We all know who wins that.;)

Yeah Novak by a land slide.

xxplayerxx23
07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
facts are straight bro. Celebrate Novak thats what this thread is about.

Bro your facts are wrong. It was a good resign good for Novak he is getting paied.

Antipod
After so many overblown contracts recently, this deal is a steal !

NYMetropolitans

Not his fault all Woodson did was stick him in a corner...oh and you're talking about the NBA Champions right? You're so quick to hate on everything Knicks related, I wish I could put you on the ignore list...but I just have to much enjoyment debunking your ridiculous claims.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
He didn't even shoot much because he didn't want to make Wade cry again.:facepalm: Get your facts straight.

Yeah Novak by a land slide.

Nice try, Good effort:clap:

Beantownsboss
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
change the title, steve novak resigns with Knicks.

waveycrockett
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Bro your facts are wrong. It was a good resign good for Novak he is getting paied.

Last report I saw said Rockets were upping to 40MM. We will see when Lin signs the offer sheet today or tomorrow. No big deal. Doesn't mean anything to me either way.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Not his fault all Woodson did was stick him in a corner...oh and you're talking about the NBA Champions right? You're so quick to hate on everything Knicks related, I wish I could put you on the ignore list...but I just have to much enjoyment debunking your ridiculous claims.
You would have a point there, but woodson is the coach of this team, so get used to see a lot ore unimaginative offensive game plans. Woodson knows nothing other than iso and standing around.

Evolution23
07-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Can't wait to see Ray Allen's old *** try to shoot off that terrible ankle. No lift + past your prime = fail.

Kashmir13579
A couple fun facts for the trolls:

Novak = second in WSs for the Knicks (behind Chandler)
Novak = first in offensive rating in the NBA (tied with Chandler)

When you have two extremely low-maintenance, low-USG guys that can get you 10 points on elite efficiency, good things are bound to happen.

I'm not too familiar with good +/- stats but i remember at one point this season he led our team in +/-

PlezPlayDKnicks

So funny , any1 who goes to the Knicks is trash. If they go to the heat it's a great signing. Novak on the Heat OMG!!!! Riley got the best 3pt shooter in the league... I remember when eddy curry was a great signing too. Wavey and his merry men of trolls

Ill21
07-09-2012, 03:24 PM

Yeah but he didn't have a real pg to get him open looks.

Evolution23

you are my child. I'll feed you later if you are nice.

Jint.
they call him the dentist.. cause all he does is drill em..! :dance:

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Wow Justinum you outdid yourself here. Do you realize how sick Novak would be for the Heat? You're straight tripping if you think this Novak is useless.

Evolution23
07-09-2012, 03:26 PM
they call him the dentist.. cause all he does is drill em..! :dance:

lol

NYMetropolitans

It's Good Job, Good Effort.

...Good Job, Good Effort. :clap:

Becks2307

thank you! idk how no one sees this.

Novak exploded when Linsanity did because Lin and Novak had excellent chemistry, Lin would always find him wide open on the break. Baron Davis...not so much. With Jason Kidd and Lin I expect Novak to get loads of wide open shots.

Oh and the Heat shut him down...big ****ing deal, the heat shut everyone down. People act like we played the Bobcats and they locked him up.

driz
It's over paying him, but it's basically on scale with every one else in the entire league being over paid. The owners went and screwed themselves on the last lock out. Nothing's changed, it's only worse.

The league is a joke.

justinnum1
Can't wait to see Ray Allen's old *** try to shoot off that terrible ankle. No lift + past your prime = fail.
lmao
Who just won the championship without ray allen?;)

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
You would have a point there, but woodson is the coach of this team, so get used to see a lot ore unimaginative offensive game plans. Woodson knows nothing other than iso and standing around.

This is true... I remember the heat yelling Novak is in the game.. Easy to see he was a primary focus after Melo. No Lin, Shump to worry about made it even easier to key in on him.. Zero penetration from the knick guards

oak2455
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Kidd and a healthy Lin will make this guy that much better!!!!

UPRock
07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Good signing for them.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow Justinum you outdid yourself here. Do you realize how sick Novak would be for the Heat? You're straight tripping if you think this Novak is useless.

Not better than ray allen.

Novak is a one dimensional player.

NYMetropolitans
07-09-2012, 03:29 PM

I really hope he would see what happened in last year's playoffs and make some kind of adjustments to get Novak some better shots.

Evolution23
lmao
Who just won the championship without ray allen?;)

the refs

Weezy
It's Good Job, Good Effort.

...Good Job, Good Effort. :clap:

LOL. How does a Heat fan mess that up? :confused::confused::confused:

Gritz
Dang we shouldve got him

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 03:30 PM

That wasn't what i asked.

And you're a one dimensional poster.

Evolution23
07-09-2012, 03:30 PM

Wait so you are saying Ray Allen is an all around player? Does he play lock down d? and does he create his own shot? :rolleyes: Last I checked Ray Allen comes off screens, catches and shoots.

Weezy
07-09-2012, 03:31 PM

:laugh2: Wow. Easy Kash, you don't have to own him.

:burn::burn::burn:

nystandup
07-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Who doesn't need a knock down 3 pt shooter? Very good signing for the Knicks in retaining Novacaine. This isn't a Heat vs Knicks thread so all the Heat fans need to stop trolling

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Zing!!!!! That just happened lol

StarvingKnick22
07-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

nate2usmc
I think discount triple check got overpaid :hide:

But I'm glad he's back :)

$KnicksAndKobe$

greg_ory_2005
Why did we have to sign that scrub Fields?!?! We shoulda sign Novak. :drool:

KnIckFaN.2883
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM

I liked this signing, he spaces the floor. the thing is he'd doesn't do anything else. i would like to see him move more without the ball and not camp out in the corner.

oak2455
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I think discount triple check got overpaid :hide:

But I'm glad he's back :)

Bird rights so I think it's just Dolans money:D

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-09-2012, 03:35 PM
heat fans are whack

Nah I know a lot of cool Heat fans, but there are a couple of trolls that just have no lives /=

oak2455
07-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I liked this signing, he spaces the floor. the thing is he'd doesn't do anything else. i would like to see him move more without the ball and not camp out in the corner.

You have to pm me where you found that sig:speechless:

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:37 PM

sick sig

Ill21
07-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Damn Kash, did you wake up today and say I'm going to tear Justin a new ******* today?

gotoHcarolina52
07-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I like this signing a lot for the Knicks. Novak is very reliable.

TheNumber37
07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
He will get better over time. And despite how you feel about the contract, it's going to look like a bargain when he hits a clutch 3 in the playoffs for the Knicks - That's what they are paying for.

oak2455
07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
lol.. Damn he need a girl, or guy or horse...

Horse:laugh::laugh::laugh:

b@llhog24
07-09-2012, 03:41 PM

:laugh2: :burn:

No you wouldn't. :puke:

LOOTERX9
07-09-2012, 03:43 PM

Teams will just keep a defender around novak all game and take him out the game. the scouting reports know how to make novak a non factor. this guy is scared to shoot with a defender running at him. it's pretty pathetic

nycsports2
07-09-2012, 03:43 PM

this is so false ya he cant create his own shot but he buried contested shots all yr bro.. what miami did was get be on him before he got the ball not as he got it.. guys a top 3 three point shooter in the league and ill take him just get me lin back and im good

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Teams will just keep a defender around novak all game and take him out the game. the scouting reports know how to make novak a non factor. this guy is scared to shoot with a defender running at him. it's pretty pathetic

Not if woodson creates an offensive system that can take advantage of New yorks strengths.

ryang
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM

Really?? id respond but ray allen will when we play you... Back on topic good signing for the knicks.. Talk about his game all you want id take him in a second.. so would riley if it were poss... What are the knicks supposed to do?? Let him walk when they have his bird rights?? pretty simple really they signed him.. smart..

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Damn Kash, did you wake up today and say I'm going to tear Justin a new ******* today?

He does it himself with his unfiltered drivel.

nycsports2
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM

lmaoooooo... again, this shows u watched 0 reg season games and every playoff game the knicks played in

Slug3
07-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Not all contracts are guaranteed. I mean look at Lin, He was 2 weeks away from being cut and had a great showing due to injuries and got his contract picked up fully. Before that it was starting to look like NY was going to cut him before the deadline and they would not have owed him the $700K or whatever it was he got.

KnickNyKnick
07-09-2012, 03:47 PM

wow it seems like 30,000 of your posts are negative and Knicks related :facepalm:

someones still bidder from the 99' playoffs :facepalm:
-------------------------------------------------

great signing. dosnt need to create his own shot. hes a role player and he plays that role better than anyone else in the nba.

you have a role to, more like a trole though.

nycericanguy

Kash, you shouldn't post for the rest of the day... go out on top!

Kashmir13579
Again, because i feel my original post was skimmed over by most:

Novak led the NBA in ORtg and was second in WS/48 for the Knicks.

He may only be able to do one thing, but he does it well enough to leave a serious imprint on NBA games.

kjoke
Novak>Ray

KnIckFaN.2883
07-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Not if woodson creates an offensive system that can take advantage of New yorks strengths.

We need players on the second unit to drive to the lane and cause the defense to collape and we need more of a post game. these two things make more shots for novak. he also needs to learn to move without the ball.

nate2usmc
07-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Really?? id respond but ray allen will when we play you... Back on topic good signing for the knicks.. Talk about his game all you want id take him in a second.. so would riley if it were poss... What are the knicks supposed to do?? Let him walk when they have his bird rights?? pretty simple really they signed him.. smart..

Lol Evolution was just saying stupid **** to bait Justinuum (Who I don't think is that big a troll as everyone makes him to be). We all know Ray >>> Novak. Thing is if I were a Heat fan, I'd be trolling every thread especially after last year's LeBron jokes and what not.

PS: I hate the Heat lol. Actually, I hate ALL MIA teams but I gotta give respect when it's due.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Lol, this guy turns anything into a heat thread

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
We need players on the second unit to drive to the lane and cause the defense to collape and we need more of a post game. these two things make more shots for novak. he also needs to learn to move without the ball.

Good point, But its also more than just him that needs to learn how to move without the ball. That would help your offense a ton. Also, greater emphasis on ball movement would get him some better looks. Especially amare, he cant just stand on the wing hoping someone runs a pick and roll with him.

b@llhog24
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
wow it seems like 30,000 of your posts are negative and Knicks related :facepalm:

someones still bidder from the 99' playoffs :facepalm:
-------------------------------------------------

great signing. dosnt need to create his own shot. hes a role player and he plays that role better than anyone else in the nba.

you have a role to, more like a trole though.

Lol no like 60% of it is comprised of facepalms.

Again, because i feel my original post was skimmed over by most:

Novak led the NBA in ORtg and was second in WS/48 for the Knicks.

He may only be able to do one thing, but he does it well enough to leave a serious imprint on NBA games.

:clap:

LOOTERX9
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
lmaoooooo... again, this shows u watched 0 reg season games and every playoff game the knicks played in

i seen in regular season novak getting wide open shots. but in playoffs when teams prepares for opponents i seen novak look scared to shoot when a defensive player stayed close to him. My god the guy could not even get a shot off. The playoffs are where it counts

ryang
07-09-2012, 03:55 PM
he played against the champs tho.. Not like it happened against philly or something

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
i seen in regular season novak getting wide open shots. but in playoffs when teams prepares for opponents i seen novak look scared to shoot when a defensive player stayed close to him. My god the guy could not even get a shot off. The playoffs are where it counts

Another good point that a lot of people over look. The game changes in the playoffs when a team is able to game plan against their opponent.

I will say not having a real PG hurt, and limited novak's usefulness. but it was aso evident that he is affected by hard closeouts and needs to improve his off the ball movement. If he watched video of how ray allen works off screens to find open shots it would help him get more clean looks.

Weezy
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Lol, this guy turns anything into a heat thread

What else is new? Welcome to justin's world :pity::pity::pity:

torocan
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Another good point that a lot of people over look. The game changes in the playoffs when a team is able to game plan against their opponent.

I will say not having a real PG hurt, and limited novak's usefulness. but it was aso evident that he is affected by hard closeouts and needs to improve his off the ball movement. If he watched video of how ray allen works off screens to find open shots it would help him get more clean looks.

Keep in mind, alot of those screens that happens in games is based upon PG calls and Coach calls. Also with Shumpert and Lin out, they lost alot of the speed they need for transition offense.

Without a real PG and Woody's lack of prep time I didn't expect alot.

I'm hoping a training camp plus 2 actual PG's will address alot of that.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Novak actually come of screens great when screens are being set. tbh when Jeffries went down Novak's production suffered.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Keep in mind, alot of those screens that happens in games is based upon PG calls and Coach calls. Also with Shumpert and Lin out, they lost alot of the speed they need for transition offense.

Without a real PG and Woody's lack of prep time I didn't expect alot.

I'm hoping a training camp plus 2 actual PG's will address alot of that.

Novak got himself open all the time with Lin and Jeffries on the floor. And lets not act like camping out in the corner is such a bad thing for Novak. When defenses collapse on 'Melo and Lin next season, who's gonna be wide open in the corner? Thats right.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Testament to how out-gunned and crappy the Knicks were that Miami could but so much emphasis on taking him completely out of the game.

MrfadeawayJB
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Not a bad deal for a top 5 shooter in the league. He really spreads the floor for Melo and Stat

Slimsim
07-09-2012, 04:10 PM
finally knicks FO isn't overpaying

KnIckFaN.2883
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Novak got himself open all the time with Lin and Jeffries on the floor. And lets not act like camping out in the corner is such a bad thing for Novak. When defenses collapse on 'Melo and Lin next season, who's gonna be wide open in the corner? Thats right.

im not saying that he shouldn't camp out at all but he has to ajust to the game. if he see's that a defender staying with him out on the corner he's got learn to move with around screens to get an open look.

RC3
07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Good deal. I think that novak is the best shooter in the NBA.

stoopboy45
07-09-2012, 04:19 PM

He isn't a starter. All he does is shot threes when he is open. He can't move and get himself open or create his own shot. He is a spot up shooter....needs to work on his game to become more effective. He is too easy to defend because he just stands around waiting for the ball!!! He is NOT a SG!!! His handle is horrible....you need a SG who can help out with the dribbling if needed!!!

stoopboy45
07-09-2012, 04:22 PM
im not saying that he shouldn't camp out at all but he has to ajust to the game. if he see's that a defender staying with him out on the corner he's got learn to move with around screens to get an open look.

:clap::clap::clap:

P.S. I am LOVING your Sig Picture!!!!

ball4reel
07-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Learn from this guy hes on his computer always the numbers don't lie.... Look at his post totals:clap:

Maybe he's a bubble boy and has nothing else to do but troll:rolleyes:

NYKNYGNYY
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Any news on Jr ?

Jint.
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Steve Novak.......... party of 3

Meatmypet
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/basketball/nba/salaries/player/James-Jones

James Jones was making about $4 million a year before he was bought out by Miami to make a veteran's minimum. Please get your facts correct.

NYY09
07-09-2012, 04:43 PM

He most likely wont see much burn in the playoffs anyway if, yeah big one, the team manages to get there healthy, and of course round out the roster. Camby would be nice.

If he can be a factor in regular season and help the team then he has earned most of his salary, anything you get in the postseason should be considered gravy. Dont really see him being much of a rotation player in the playoffs anyway. Also the contract is reasonable, so why not? Bird-rights victory pay-out. Good for Steve.

Who knows, he might just get better... :D

knicks=love
07-09-2012, 04:49 PM

yeah.. but realize he's just a shooter. he can't guard for ****, and most of the dynamic players in the NBA are SGs so he'd get screwed if he played against the 2 or 3.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Dwyane Wade ‏@DwyaneWade
Happy 4 my former college teammate & gd friend @stevenovak20 on his new deal..every1 has finally seen wht we've known since U wr in HS..

Apparently Justinum knows something his favorite player doesn't.

IndyRealist
07-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Jason Kapono, James Posey, etc. $3.5m/yr is not bad.

RonE Coleman
07-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Fail. If hes being guarded in the corner then hes doing his job. A man having to guard him every time down the court while he stands in the corner opens up the floor for every one else. And this has nothing to do with the Ray allen signing, we are over the cap and have his Bird Rights... if james dolan wants to spend luxury tax money then why does it matter.

You really are one of the most clueless posters on psd.

flatbush knicks
07-09-2012, 08:15 PM
novak was only useless in the playoffs because we had no pg j kidd coming off the bench with novak and smith will be great i just think amare should come off the bench with that line up an sign a r lewis or k mart to start in his place

seikou8
07-09-2012, 08:49 PM
heat fans getting owned in this thread imao

ryang
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
not really.. I think novak was a good signing and a necassary move considering they have his bird rights.. whoever disagrees thats a heat fan just hates new york.. I do but not enough to lie about novak.. id take him in a second regardless of his quote on quote problems

Punk
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Apparently Justinum knows something his favorite player doesn't.
:laugh2:

Justin continues to fail and look more like an idiot. Heat fans should just stay within their forum until something is Heat related much like Bulls and Celtics fans are doing.

ryang
07-09-2012, 09:05 PM
^^ nothing will be heat related anymore... we won now everyboywants to shut up.. where are all the heat hate threads?? or the lbj jokes??

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
WOW! I don't think he's worth anything close to that. When he was a Clipper he literally only got on the floor if we needed a 3. He must have improved because I know he played a lot this year, but DAMN! This seems like 3 times what such a 1 dememsional should cost. Especially a player who can't do a single thing on his own.

D-Leethal
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
That was almost as good as the ownage justinnum suffered at the hands of Torocan in the Lin overrated/underrated thread. Nobody knew how to respond to it so they all ran from the thread LMAO. You drop logic and sprinkle some common sense in this forum everyone runs scared.

TeamSeattle
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
WOW! I don't think he's worth anything close to that. When he was a Clipper he literally only got on the floor if we needed a 3. He must have improved because I know he played a lot this year, but DAMN! This seems like 3 times what such a 1 dememsional should cost. Especially a player who can't do a single thing on his own.

I'm already taking flack for seeing how 1 dimensional this cat is but people still think he has something else good to offer. I mean who averages 2rebs at 6'10 playing 20mpg?

Cracka2HI!
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm already taking flack for seeing how 1 dimensional this cat is but people still think he has something else good to offer. I mean who averages 2rebs at 6'10 playing 20mpg?
Yea seriously! Who at 6'10'' is too weak to play PF and too slow footed to play SF? He's be a weapon if he could rebound and stretch to the 4, but at the 3 I've always seen him as a liability. I thought he had a special, career type year and shared in the Lin magic. He got paid for that too. I hope he keeps it up because I'm not a Knick hater, but this is an Isiah type signing. This dude is going to be costing the Knicks $8 mil a year once they hit the tax!! :speechless:

LA_Raiders
07-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Good sign, dont know about Lins...

UnWantedTheory
07-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Bad contract for a one trick pony. He is going to put up decent #'s in the Reg., but will be taken out of the game come the PO's. There was a reason he never latched onto teams such as the Spurs who put extra value on Novak's particular talent. It is that he literally does nothing else. Great guy, & I am happy he got the $, but NY is still making poor decisions imo.

YashBoone
07-09-2012, 10:59 PM

Last year he saw his first real playing time and in his first playoff series goes up against the best defense in the entire league....

He deserves a little slack....

Mike miller is on your team and didn't hit a single 3 in the finals until the last game.

justinnum1
07-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Last year he saw his first real playing time and in his first playoff series goes up against the best defense in the entire league....

Mike miller is on your team and didn't hit a single 3 in the finals until the last game.

Really? Mike miller has 3 bulging disks in his back and a bad foot. He will need a few surgeries this off season. Nice try.

YashBoone
07-09-2012, 11:07 PM

Really? Mike miller has 3 bulging disks in his back and a bad foot. He will need a few surgeries this off season. Nice try.

True none the less.... Time will tell.

NYsFinest
07-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Knics are over the cap regardless for the next 3 years, thats why it doesn't matter how much they give their role players. Knicks have money and everybody except Novak, Lin and future draft picks will expire in 3 years (with lin and novak being on last yr) so none of these moves limit their flexibility going forward.

algreek3
07-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Knicks had no PG against Miami. Lol. With Lin, Novak would've hit many 3s against Miami.

D-Leethal
07-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Yea Novak needs transition ball and penetrate and kicks from his PG. Not Mike Bibby walking the ball up the court at a snails pace and struggling to get himself or anyone the ball inside the 3 point line.

Young2Kinsler
07-10-2012, 06:12 PM
These are the terrible, joke, contracts that will kill teams down the line in the new CBA. Over 4 mil a year for a guy who has had 20 good games his whole career, and can do nothing but spot up shoot? Sheesh