PDA

View Full Version : Free agent forward Ersan Ilyasova is close to an agreement on a five-year deal

spreadeagle
07-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Free agent forward Ersan Ilyasova is close to an agreement on a five-year, $45 million contract to stay with the Milwaukee Bucks, agent Tolga Tugsavul tells HoopsHype.

via HoopsHype’s post on Basketball | Latest updates on Sulia.

Ilyasova stands as one of the best value contracts on the market. he was hyper-productive and efficient last season for the Bucks. Some point to his jump in production as an outlier, but in reality, there were signs in the 2011 season that he was headed in that direction. He can space the floor, rebound, attack the rim and still has a lot of potential in front of him.

The question is whether a $9 million per year deal is too much. He’s not a top option, and it’s easy to argue he’s a third or fourth option. But his versatility and rebounding bring enough to the team to make this worth it. Then you have consider team need. The Bucks desperately need low-post scoring with the way they’re set up. Samuel Dalembert, John Henson, Ekpe Udoh, Larry Sanders, none can stretch the floor or score inside. You have to pay for positional value, and the Bucks are here.

If they’re wrong on Ilyasova, they’re stuck with a long-term contract that’s movable but not too sweet. If they landed a huge production player, they could have the base of something to build off. Either way, they couldn’t afford to lose Ilyasova, and they have the long-term money to be able to swallow this one. Good deal.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/08/report-ersan-ilyasova-close-to-five-year-45-million-deal-with-bucks/

FourOhThree
07-09-2012, 04:31 AM
$9 million a year is too much IMO.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2012, 04:36 AM
One more overpaid player... Got to love the new CBA...

TheNumber37
07-09-2012, 04:45 AM
They really need to lower the salaries of these players.
5 years 30 mil is more like it.

ACanadian
07-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Good signing

kblo247
07-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Lmao it is good to be tall

BURAKOBE
07-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Give him 33-35 mins and he'll worth every single penny of it. Dude is a beast. 15-10-2-2 player easily. Great defender.

I understand why people think he is overpaid, but i watch the dude since he was 17. I have utmost trust to him.

Side note: He was considered a top 10 pick in the draft and broke his ankle just before the draft. He is finally catching up.

BURAKOBE
07-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Give him 33-35 mins and he'll worth every single penny of it. Dude is a beast. 15-10-2-2 player easily. Great defender.

I understand why people think he is overpaid, but i watch the dude since he was 17. I have utmost trust to him.

Side note: He was considered a top 10 pick in the draft and broke his ankle just before the draft. He is finally catching up.