PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love may demand a Trade

waveycrockett
07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Kevin Love tells Y! Sports he's tired of losing & Wolves need to make playoffs or make changes that could include him.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Great call giving Love that 3-yr opt out.

"It's tough seeing all these guys that are young and older who have all played in the playoffs. When they start talking about that, I have nothing to talk about. If I don’t make the playoffs next year I don’t know what will happen."

If they cant get Batum from POR and Rubio struggles it could get ugly in minny

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-losing-patience-with-timberwolves--losing.html;_ylt=AsU7HHVb_0BoY_60bx.MZuO8vLYF;_ylu =X3oDMTN1aDBzMm4wBG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiBOQ kEEcGtnA2U5ZjFhYzk4LWJlZmItM2RjYS1hYWUxLWUwMTIwOTE 5YWU1ZARwb3MDMQRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyA2MxODIxOWE3L WM5NmUtMTFlMS1iZjliLThjYWQ0MjJlMTY4ZQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFoNjVvZWVyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Damn, well looks like Love trade rumors are coming soon. Lol

waveycrockett
07-08-2012, 11:13 PM

Love to Brooklyn!

CB29
07-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Wow... That's surprising and sucks for Minny... Just when i thought that they were about to turn that corner.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-08-2012, 11:15 PM
It all depends on how they do this upcoming season. If they don't make the playoffs, he's as good as gone IMO.

WolvesJagsOs
07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
This won't even happen for another year, and that's if we don't make the playoffs which I would say is pretty unlikely. We are in the hunt for Batum/Iggy or in the very least a solid wing in FA, brought in Roy/Buddinger so far, and should be getting a solid backup C in Steimsma. We are bringing in pieces around him.

Avenged
After this Dwight drama ends.... all eyes on Love! This will never stop. :laugh2:

flatbush knicks
yessir come to the knicks for amare or chandler

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Nice job minny on giving him a opt out in his 3rd year :facepalm:

^lol, why do knicks fans think they can get whoever they want? You won't have any cap space

Gators123
07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Hes going to the HEAT! zomg!

kntresistheheat
07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
The guy only been in the league for about what 4 years and he is going to become Dwight?

THE MTL
07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
He signed a contract extension and is covered for a few years. He needs to chill.
Ppl fault guys like Lebron, Paul, and Carmelo. But each of these guys played 7 seasons with their respective teams with NO complaints whatsoever! And you got these young guys who barely been in the league for 4 year demanding stuff.

How about helping your team win games instead of padding your EMPTY stats Love? There is a reason why the team wins games with Rubio averaging 11ppg 8apg on 35% and loses with Love averaging 25ppg 15rpg 50% shooting!

Fresno
07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Love to the Lakers for MWP, McRoberts, & 3 dusty socks.

SugeKnight
07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
:sigh:

310Casper
07-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Interesting Kevin Love Stats:

Was born in LA (Santa Monica)
His high school mascot: "Lakers"
He played college ball in LA (UCLA)
Kevin Love's Dad (Stan Love) played in the NBA in the 70's...for the Lakers.

...just saying... :D

Fresno
He signed a contract extension and is covered for a few years. He needs to chill.
Ppl fault guys like Lebron, Paul, and Carmelo. But each of these guys played 7 seasons with their respective teams with NO complaints whatsoever! And you got these young guys who barely been in the league for 4 year demanding stuff.

How about helping your team win games instead of padding your EMPTY stats Love? There is a reason why the team wins games with Rubio averaging 11ppg 8apg on 35% and loses with Love averaging 25ppg 15rpg 50% shooting!

After next season is complete he'll basically have the T'Wolves by the nuts for a whole year because he can threaten to opt out and refuse to re-sign with Minnesota.

Minnesota would be forced to trade him next summer if he tells them he won't stick around.

StarvingKnick22
now your passing the ****ing line

flatbush knicks
07-08-2012, 11:22 PM
i didn't say he would come to the knicks but i'd love him on my team who knows he'd probaly end up on the rockets and yea this new cba sucks so much for every team being able to compete looks like same shyt different day

bholly
07-08-2012, 11:22 PM
He hasn't got an opt-out until 2015. He has no leverage. This won't be anything for a while yet.

majmarcus
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
After this Dwight drama ends.... all eyes on Love! This will never stop. :laugh2:
You got your work cut out for you buddy lool

KnicksR4Real
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Where is that guy that was sucking his **** earlier?

flatbush knicks
07-08-2012, 11:24 PM
now your passing the ****ing line

lmao coming from the guy who made a we are getting a cp3 thread:facepalm:

Gators123
07-08-2012, 11:25 PM
:facepalm: <- Hawkeye when he reads this thread.

Lakerfan32
07-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Not gonna happen. They are now gonna have to make a move though. If they wanna keep love they better get pau this year. He'll make them a tough squad and is a good mentor. Plus, their styles are a great compliment. I think this forces their hand

flatbush knicks
07-08-2012, 11:28 PM
He hasn't got an opt-out until 2015. He has no leverage. This won't be anything for a while yet.
well then that actually works out for my knicks everybody will be expiring then:clap:

Cfrey
07-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Wow kevin you douche but im not worried about it because we will make the playoffs next year

Cfrey
07-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Where is that guy that was sucking his **** earlier?

thats what you call sucking a dick?? guess you've never experienced a real BJ before lmao

Baller1
07-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow kevin you douche but im not worried about it because we will make the playoffs next year

No you won't.

Sinestro
07-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Its the current enviornment sadly, it must hurt him to see Rose and Westbrook have success

Baller1
Take Ibaka Minny, K-Love wants to play with Westy and KD anyway.

Stunner
Love to Chicago

daboywonder2002
love sees the talent he gets to play with on the olympic squads and the all star teams. then sees minnesota with a roster full of white guys. its a shame too because there is some talent on this squad

310Casper
07-08-2012, 11:33 PM
love sees the talent he gets to play with on the olympic squads and the all star teams. then sees minnesota with a roster full of white guys. its a shame too because there is some talent on this squad

lolololol

John Walls Era
I have to give a lot of credit to Kevin Love for finally getting tired of losing. But where does he want to go? Certainly not to team up and form his own "Big 3"?

Depending on where Bynum goes (Mavs or Rockets --- WEST), I only see 5-6 definite playoff teams, so the Wolves have a chance to make it. They're in the 8-13 range where anything can happen depending on health and what moves are made from here till the beginning of the season.

THE MTL
On a championship team, Love is a third option. Im just saying

Ezio
He's been quoted to wanting to play with Rose.

IversonIsKrazy
07-08-2012, 11:34 PM
This is ridiculous. Though I think there making the playoffs next season. Especially considering there still going after one more piece. If there guys stay healthy, this will def be a playoff team.

Byronicle
how long has this guy been in the league?

what is with athletes these days

310Casper
I feel bad for the Minnesota franchise, they've really done a great job working with what they can do to surround him with talent and now that they're starting to knock on the door, their best player is hinting at leaving.

Its so hard for small markets in the nba...lol

bholly
well then that actually works out for my knicks everybody will be expiring then:clap:

Maybe. But only if he gets to FA. If Minny realize he's going to opt out and try to get something for him then you'll be a year late.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 11:35 PM
He's been quoted to wanting to play with Rose.

would be cool, how much cap space can chicago have?

John Walls Era
This is ridiculous. Though I think there making the playoffs next season. Especially considering there still going after one more piece. If there guys stay healthy, this will def be a playoff team.

Maybe 8th seed. I don't see definite, I see high chance.

Baller1
On a championship team, Love is a third option. Im just saying

Not true.

John Walls Era
07-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I feel bad for the Minnesota franchise, they've really done a great job working with what they can do to surround him with talent and now that they're starting to knock on the door, their best player is hinting at leaving.

They haven't. They could've done a MUCH better job (especially drafting).

Tmath
Nothing new here, NBA is full of prima donnas

Mave1002

A guy of this Caliber is the perfect heir to Kobes' throne.

Cfrey
07-08-2012, 11:37 PM
does everyone realize we were going to get the 8th seed before rubio went down??

if we get batum or iggy or even if we get a courtney lee type player we are going to make the playoffs.. we had the worst starting SG/SF situation in the league last year lol

Lloyd Christmas
07-08-2012, 11:39 PM
How long until we get Broussard updates on this story?

flatbush knicks
07-08-2012, 11:40 PM
i don't think the 8th spot will do it if they face the thunder or lakers in the first round and get swept that'll probaly piss him off more

Punk
07-08-2012, 11:42 PM
So...Now, 2013 will be all about Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum, Kevin Love looking to bolt somewhere....This **** won't end.

Anyhow, I've been saying this forever. Minnesota needs to quit being cheap and build around Love. They are doing the same mistakes Toronto did with Bosh.

^lol, why do knicks fans think they can get whoever they want? You won't have any cap space

1. He's a troll

2. Heat fans are worse at it. You all were thinking you can get Dwight Howard? Really?

3. He said Amare/Chandler for Love which would give the Knicks cap space considering Love is making 60 mill.

daboywonder2002
07-08-2012, 11:42 PM

i agree and disagree. yes its not fair when most teams wanna go to new york, chicago and la. but at the same time, you see teams like okc, denver, utah, and indianapolis always putting themselves in winning situations.

Catfish1314
07-08-2012, 11:43 PM
You'd think someone his age would have a little more patience. We can't all be as lucky as the Thunder who hit three home runs in the '07, '08, and '09 drafts.

Cromedome
07-08-2012, 11:44 PM
This isn't shocking considering the team and city he plays for.

Hype
07-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Wolves went to 3 OTs IN Oklahoma and should have won in the reg season w/ a depleted roster. Love ain't going nowhere, by this time next week we'll have Rubio's Euro buddy and Batum to go w/ a reborn Brandon Roy and Chase Buddinger. That's a lot better situation then going into this season leaning on Darko and Beasley and Wesley to produce. Just sayin, not to mention if Derrick Williams gets some PT he could be a beast this year, most guys get much better w/ a year experience under their belt, Love wasn't that great his rookie year either

WolvesJagsOs
07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
The Timberwolves haven't made the playoffs since 2004, a string of eight seasons. Love was hopeful the T'wolves would end the streak last season, but they lost rookie point guard Ricky Rubio to a season-ending knee injury on March 9 and never really recovered. Love admitted he was disappointed Minnesota's front office failed to get an adequate replacement for Rubio. With Rubio sidelined, the T'wolves finished the season with the Western Conference's fourth-worst record (26-40).
Love will begin his four-year, $62 million contract extension this season, but the deal allows him to opt out after three years. He sought a maximum five-year extension in negotiations before last season, but T'wolves officials balked. Another losing season could change his desire to stay with the franchise long-term.
"At this point, I’m not afraid to go on the record," Love said. "Being around these [USA] guys, they know the situation I’m in and how competitive I am. I want to win. All the players on the Timberwolves feel the same way, as well. The coaching staff is awesome. They want to win and win now. Hopefully, we can make some stuff happen.
"I would say it's coming down to it for sure [next season]. It's no secret I was willing to commit to Minnesota for five years. I'm very happy with my contract. I'd love to be in Minnesota. But like anybody else, I want to win."
Love and Deron Williams are the only players on Team USA whose NBA teams didn't make the playoffs last season. Williams, however, has agreed to re-sign with the Brooklyn Nets after the Nets struck a deal to acquire All-Star guard Joe Johnson from the Atlanta Hawks. The Nets also are continuing to try to trade for Dwight Howard.

The Timberwolves have already made some moves this offseason to try to upgrade their roster, reaching agreement on a two-year contract with former Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy, who is trying to return to the NBA after chronic knee injuries forced him to sit out last season. They also acquired forward Chase Budinger from the Houston Rockets and came to an agreement with restricted free-agent forward Nicolas Batum on a four-year, $45 million offer sheet that the Trail Blazers have vowed to match. Forward Michael Beasley left the T'wolves to sign with the Phoenix Suns and Minnesota has shopped forward Derrick Williams, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft.
"If we don’t make the playoffs, I don’t know it’s going to be me or something, but our management needs to step up and make some moves," Love said. "Chase is good for us. Brandon if he can come in relatively healthy and be back to somewhat of where he was … we can be pretty damn good, especially in the fourth quarter with how he used to be [with the Trail Blazers] with LaMarcus [Aldridge] in the pick-and-roll. If Ricky can come back healthy that would be great.
"But I think our front office and ownership needs to step up and get us some pieces. We need to make some moves. We can't just stand still. We have to make this happen."

T'wolves general manager David Kahn said he has spoken to Love about the franchise's plans for the future.
"I'm sure Kevin has a sense of urgency," Kahn said. "I think the team demonstrated it could win last season before we were hit with a cascade of injuries. I thought we were on the right track and surely we would have competed for the eighth and final playoff spot if we remained healthy. Next season is shaping up to be better than last year.
"Under Kevin's leadership, I would expect him to compete for the playoffs. The one thing we can't control is injuries. I'm hopeful for a healthy year."

Love loves playing with Rubio and center Nikola Pekovic, and is hopeful Rubio returns healthy. Kahn said Minnesota doesn't have a firm timetable for when Rubio should be cleared to play. Still, Love said he will continue to push Minnesota's management to add more pieces to the roster because T'wolves fans "deserve a better product."
"I don't know if we will blow up the team again, if I'll be moved," Love said. "I don’t know.
"But something has to happen in Minnesota."

Whole article. He is happy about our moves so far, wants us to continue to get some more guys around him though...which we will.

daboywonder2002
07-08-2012, 11:48 PM
You'd think someone his age would have a little more patience. We can't all be as lucky as the Thunder who hit three home runs in the '07, '08, and '09 drafts.

imagine sitting in that olympic team locker room. everyone on that squad has had some sort of playoff success. while your the lone kid thats never even played in a playoff game. how would u feel??

mdm692
07-08-2012, 11:49 PM

Also Pau Gasol is Spanish just like Rubio so the Wolves might flip Gasol for Love to keep their future star pg happy.

WolvesJagsOs
07-08-2012, 11:49 PM

Kevin Love loves the Twin Cities, and we have a very good young up and coming team. He just wants to see us add some veteran guys and some more pieces, which we are currently doing. Shved sounds like he is coming here, we picked up Roy/Buddinger, and we are currently after Batum/Iggy/C.Lee as well as others.

AI4MVP
07-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh god. This is going to get so overblown. Give it a rest guys. Hes not going anywhere. We have one of the best up and coming teams

Hype
07-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I'd feel fine. $60 million will do that. The upcoming season is going to be the second coming of the Thunder

ThunderousDemon
07-09-2012, 12:00 AM

lmao

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-09-2012, 12:02 AM
timberwolves signed batum and brandon roy.

they will be just fine.

id swap beasley for roy any time of the day.

timberwolves will be just fine.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-09-2012, 12:04 AM
does everyone realize we were going to get the 8th seed before rubio went down??

if we get batum or iggy or even if we get a courtney lee type player we are going to make the playoffs.. we had the worst starting SG/SF situation in the league last year lol

"if?"

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8134117/agent-says-portland-trail-blazers-nicolas-batum-verbal-agreement-minnesota-timberwolves

andd

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/min/minnesota-timberwolves

read the news buddy. u guys signed both batum and brandon roy.

t-wolves will be just fine.

ThornMo
07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
strange how a guy from southern california wouldn't want to be on a losing team in minnesota. i'm having a hard time grasping this....

ellington19
07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
good on him.

if he actually leaves us it'd be terrible - but there's nothing wrong with demanding that he be surrounded with at least some level of talent.

if i were him and the biggest offseason aquisitions were the likes of ridnour, barrea, i.e. role players, then why would he want to stick around? esp given kahn's total lack of ability to draft outside the blatantly obvious picks.

sounds like he just wants to win, wherever he's playing.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Love is young. if he demands for a trade in his third year in the nba, he should get slapped.

he wont demand a trade.

he doesnt come off as selfish, in fact he actually looks like a simple mountain hiking kinda guy.

minnesota suits him.

bholly
07-09-2012, 12:11 AM
timberwolves signed batum and brandon roy.

they will be just fine.

id swap beasley for roy any time of the day.

timberwolves will be just fine.

"if?"

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8134117/agent-says-portland-trail-blazers-nicolas-batum-verbal-agreement-minnesota-timberwolves

andd

Batum verbally agreed to the terms of an offer sheet - that doesn't put him on the team. He still has to sign it, and then Portland have said they'll match. So 'if' is exactly right.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Batum verbally agreed to the terms of an offer sheet - that doesn't put him on the team. He still has to sign it, and then Portland have said they'll match. So 'if' is exactly right.

i understand, but i doubt batum would back to portland.
time will tell.

Gritz
07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
WOoooooooooooo!

Rick Flair

bholly
07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
i understand, but i doubt batum would back to portland.
time will tell.

Well fine, but your personal doubt (which you haven't provided any basis for) doesn't preclude others from still saying 'if', which is what I was saying.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Well fine, but your personal doubt (which you haven't provided any basis for) doesn't preclude others from still saying 'if', which is what I was saying.

fair enough.

Cfrey
07-09-2012, 12:22 AM
"if?"

andd

You seem to not know that Batum is a RFA, thus Portland can match our offer and then he wouldn't be with the Wolves. So it seems as if you need to read the news man. Thanks.

naps
07-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Damn! We are not even done with the Dwight drama. WoW! These punks really love attention and mess involving themselves.

justjames
07-09-2012, 12:29 AM
imagine sitting in that olympic team locker room. everyone on that squad has had some sort of playoff success. while your the lone kid thats never even played in a playoff game. how would u feel??

Right after the Kings won the cup, Bob Miller, the pbp announcer for the Kings was retelling a story of how he was sitting with Vin Scully and Chick Hearn. They were both wearing championship rings and the only ring Bob Miller had was his wedding ring. He said he felt so out of place.

popo85
07-09-2012, 12:30 AM

I wish!!:D

tbone2171
07-09-2012, 12:36 AM

Who we talking about? Melo?

Cal827
07-09-2012, 12:37 AM

Don't stop him! Delusional Knick Hope keeps PSD going from day to day, along with Bandwagoners and Dnewguy

bearadonisdna
07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
So Love is the the same team as Lebron for a week and already he wants out?

bearadonisdna
07-09-2012, 12:38 AM
This is the same thing that happened in 08. All these players made pacts to screw their teams and looks like its happening again.

Cali4rnia
07-09-2012, 12:40 AM

lol good luck with that :D

bearadonisdna
07-09-2012, 12:43 AM
If Love was losing his patience, he shouldnt have signed that BIG contract.

socalswag24
07-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Pau for love!!! Do it Mitch!!!! Bynum nd love for the future!! :)

PurpleJesus
07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Pau for love!!! Do it Mitch!!!! Bynum nd love for the future!! :)

lol

Hawkeye15
07-09-2012, 01:05 AM
cool story. Love is under contract with the Wolves for minimum 3 years.

Ty Fast
07-09-2012, 01:13 AM
how long is he signed for?

iamsteel
07-09-2012, 01:15 AM
It's funny how this gets so blown out of proportion. He's not going anywhere for a long time.

jrands
07-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Trade Love to LA for Baby Bynum!

bearadonisdna
07-09-2012, 01:23 AM
It's funny how this gets so blown out of proportion. He's not going anywhere for a long time.

LOL Love trolling his own team.

Vinny642
07-09-2012, 01:23 AM

In my Association mode in NBA 2k12 he wasn on my fantasy drafted Hornets... just saying

nicegoing
07-09-2012, 01:26 AM
He just wants to make the playoffs. Losing ain't easy. Luckily for the Wolves, they are in great shape to do that.

Plus, they have JJ Barea after all :D.

xabial
07-09-2012, 01:31 AM
He just wants to make the playoffs. Losing ain't easy. Luckily for the Wolves, they are in great shape to do that.

Plus, they have JJ Barea after all :D.

JJ Barea, Ricky Rubio, and Luke Walton.

Blue_Ninja
07-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Even if they make the playoffs, they wouldn't be going very far. But Minny has a great future. Rubio, Love, BRoy maybe, Batum maybe, etc is a good core

Losoway
07-09-2012, 01:41 AM
kevin love needs to turn his stat padding *** into winning points

Chronz
07-09-2012, 01:48 AM
cool story. Love is under contract with the Wolves for minimum 3 years.

What if he *****es his way out?

SportsNY
07-09-2012, 01:55 AM
He's a top 10 player in the NBA, should play for a great team ... like ever player is starting to demand.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Tade him for Bynum...

marj987
07-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Kevin Love to the Mavs for Dirk, and Cash...........

Since we are rebulding he is excellent to build around.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Bynum for Love!

Punk
07-09-2012, 02:06 AM
The Wolves should be looking at building around Rubio, Love, Pekovic. The 3 best players. Get rid of everyone else and add some quality veterans like the Clippers did.

That's what he wants.

AddiX
07-09-2012, 02:07 AM
You have to wonder what minnys plan b is, I'm not even sure plan A for batum makes much sense.

Love said before last season he wanted more vets around him, and they go after guys like batum? How long is minny going to wait for Portland to match?

Everyone thought min was doing some brilliant job by offering batum all that $ and either stealing him or forcing portland to overpay, but now there stuck waiting for Portland to match/decline while other teams are putting in work for what's still on the market.

Love isn't going anywhere, we all know that, but if the Twolves have a disgruntled love on there hands, that potentially could destroy the franchise IMO.

TylerSL
07-09-2012, 02:34 AM
He wont leave Minnesota. This thread title is misleading, he just wants to win. Fact is, the T-Wolves would have very likely been the 7 seed in the playoffs last year if Rubio doesnt go down, ahead of Dallas, and would have knocked the Jazz out of the playoffs. The T-Wolves might have been able to get 1 win at home, but still lose in 5 to OKC.

None of this happened, but that team is on the cusp. Starting next year that team is stacked

Starting Lineup:
PG.Rubio
SG.Ridnour
SF.Budinger
PF.Love
C.Pekovic

Bench:
Williams
Barea
Roy
Webster
Darko

I can only think of 5 teams better than them in the West next year

1.OKC
2.SAS
3.LAL
4.LAC
5.Memphis
6.Minnesota

IMO Dallas will really fall off next year and miss the playoffs. Denver and Utah both dont have go to guys that other teams have, including Minnesota (Love/possibly Roy). He isnt leaving Minnesota.

NYMetropolitans
07-09-2012, 03:01 AM
:sigh:...after Dwight...on to the next one.

smiddy012
07-09-2012, 03:04 AM
I hope he pulls a DH and refuses to sign an extension anywhere but Chicago!!!

Sinestro
07-09-2012, 03:34 AM
I hope he pulls a DH and refuses to sign an extension anywhere but Chicago!!!

As much as I would love to get Love in Chicago I would hate for him to pull a DH, I'd rather wait and sign him if it came down to it

sp1derm00
07-09-2012, 03:57 AM
Bynum for love. Do it mitch.

Davidgta1
07-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Pau for Love.

thenaj17
07-09-2012, 04:54 AM
What's the problem? He's doing nothing wrong...even if this is true. He is unhappy with losing even though he is working his nuts off every single night. Anyone who is happy losing shouldn't be in the league.

DR_1
07-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Love 2 Chicago! :drool:

1_team_1_dream
07-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Kevin Love tells Yahoo! he's tired of losing and Wolves needs to make playoffs or make changes that could include him.

1_team_1_dream
07-09-2012, 08:19 AM
sorry did not see the other thread close.

tcav701
07-09-2012, 08:22 AM
The NBA is a complete and utter joke.

I cant win so trade me where i can coast of others accomplishments.

Yet another NBA lockout on the horizon.

tcav701
07-09-2012, 08:23 AM

1_team_1_dream
07-09-2012, 08:29 AM
amare for love

tcav701
07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
amare for love

Nobody wants Amare.

YoungOne
07-09-2012, 08:31 AM
they were close to the playoffs last year before rubio went down, with roy and batum they have a good shot.

Glen20
07-09-2012, 08:33 AM

not for 9 years

aussie
07-09-2012, 08:36 AM

doubt it

Hawkeye15
07-09-2012, 08:41 AM
by the way, the title is misleading. Love is under contract for a minimum 3 years. He isn't demanding squat, he is basically asking his front office to get the players needed to get him into the playoffs, or he may think elsewhere after his contract is up, which is an eternity away in sports time.

theheatles
07-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Love back to LA and reuniting Pau and Rubio makes too much sense

1_team_1_dream
07-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Nobody wants Amare.

well min is not competing for anything so just to keep fans in their seats they will do it.After this year amare has 2 years left. min can stick with him a year then he becomes a big fat expiring. for teams like toranto kings charl they would take amare

tcav701
07-09-2012, 08:53 AM
not for 9 years

Either side can opt out after 5.

AddiX
07-09-2012, 09:08 AM
by the way, the title is misleading. Love is under contract for a minimum 3 years. He isn't demanding squat, he is basically asking his front office to get the players needed to get him into the playoffs, or he may think elsewhere after his contract is up, which is an eternity away in sports time.

Yeah, but if Love becomes disgruntold, IMO, that's the end Game for minny.

Minny has a hard enough time getting medium to high profile free agents as it is, a pissed off love Potentially could end the wolves in minnesota. JJ Barea may be the highest profile free agent they've landed in years! they are that desperate, and IMO in free agency, there not showing it. Roy and batum? Seriously, WTF?

It's clear he's already laying the ground work down and publicly putting the twolves management on spot by saying this, so later he can blame them when he publicly demands a trade.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah, but if Love becomes disgruntold, IMO, that's the end Game for minny.

Minny has a hard enough time getting medium to high profile free agents as it is, a pissed off love Potentially could end the wolves in minnesota. JJ Barea may be the highest profile free agent they've landed in years! they are that desperate, and IMO in free agency, there not showing it. Roy and batum? Seriously, WTF?

It's clear he's already laying the ground work down and publicly putting the twolves management on spot by saying this, so later he can blame them when he publicly demands a trade.

trust me, I am pissed off at Kahn. I could not figure out why he gave Love a 3 year opt out, and I am becoming disgusted with Kahn. Love has said things over the 4 years he has been there when he isn't happy. Right now he is surrounded by the games best players, and he is the only one not making the playoffs, so he is venting it. I don't blame him. If Kahn isn't going to step up and get him the help, he is fired in a year, and we lose Love a couple-three years down the line.

I don't agree he is laying the foundation, he is simply telling his management to get him help, now. In reality, he is going nowhere for at least 3 years.

AddiX
07-09-2012, 09:22 AM
trust me, I am pissed off at Kahn. I could not figure out why he gave Love a 3 year opt out, and I am becoming disgusted with Kahn. Love has said things over the 4 years he has been there when he isn't happy. Right now he is surrounded by the games best players, and he is the only one not making the playoffs, so he is venting it. I don't blame him. If Kahn isn't going to step up and get him the help, he is fired in a year, and we lose Love a couple-three years down the line.

I don't agree he is laying the foundation, he is simply telling his management to get him help, now. In reality, he is going nowhere for at least 3 years.

Kahn completely missed on his "assets" building spree he was on over the years, that much is obvious.

But immstarting to question if he even has that go ahead from the owners to really spend that $ in free agency. The Roy choice is mind boggling IMO, as if they have so much talent there in a position to go after an injured player like Roy. But its not a long term contract.

And the batum choice seems weird too. They offered a lot, but most likely not enough to scare Portland away. Batum is also coming off injury, is young, and is not what minny needs right now. He seems more like a potential high upside player, at a possible deal, that if it doesn't work out, hey at least we didn't spend to much.

So yeah, I question how much $ Kahn is being allowed to spend.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Kahn completely missed on his "assets" building spree he was on over the years, that much is obvious.

But immstarting to question if he even has that go ahead from the owners to really spend that $ in free agency. The Roy choice is mind boggling IMO, as if they have so much talent there in a position to go after an injured player like Roy. But its not a long term contract.

And the batum choice seems weird too. They offered a lot, but most likely not enough to scare Portland away. Batum is also coming off injury, is young, and is not what minny needs right now. He seems more like a potential high upside player, at a possible deal, that if it doesn't work out, hey at least we didn't spend to much.

So yeah, I question how much $ Kahn is being allowed to spend.

the Roy signing is a complete low risk, high reward signing. I am fine with it due to the 2nd year not being guaranteed.

I am actually onboard with the Batum signing, in the remote case that they get him. 23, due for a breakout year, fits Adelman's offense. But most likely, its a complete waste of time and simply making Portland overpay to keep their guy, while tying up available cap space in an offer.

I mean further then these two moves. Why did you give your franchise 22 year old an opt out after 3 years Kahn? Why are you so ****ing bad at drafting? It's just frustrating, seeing a lot of assets put together that could probably have been better assets had my dog been drafting instead.

I defend Kahn a lot on this site, but its playoffs or bust this year, or he better be gone.

Iceman_9
07-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Bynum for love and 1st round pick. Seems fair enough.

ThePooH_1_
07-09-2012, 10:09 AM
didn't he said that one day he wants to make a big three with his draft class? He wants to play beside rose or westbrook :D ..

there u go

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/kevin-love-derrick-rose-westbrook-myself-have-talked-about-playing-together-1472418/

TO to the CHI
07-09-2012, 10:18 AM
the Roy signing is a complete low risk, high reward signing. I am fine with it due to the 2nd year not being guaranteed.

I am actually onboard with the Batum signing, in the remote case that they get him. 23, due for a breakout year, fits Adelman's offense. But most likely, its a complete waste of time and simply making Portland overpay to keep their guy, while tying up available cap space in an offer.

I mean further then these two moves. Why did you give your franchise 22 year old an opt out after 3 years Kahn? Why are you so ****ing bad at drafting? It's just frustrating, seeing a lot of assets put together that could probably have been better assets had my dog been drafting instead.

I defend Kahn a lot on this site, but its playoffs or bust this year, or he better be gone.

I'm not an expert on the situation with Love in Minnesota, but I highly doubt that Kahn just decided to "give" Love a three-year opt-out. It seems much more likely that Love said he wouldn't sign any extension absent the opt-out clause and Kahn took what he could get, thinking it was better than nothing. At a minimum, Kahn buys more time for the Wolves to put a team around him.

Not to be gloomy, but this seems equivalent to the Raps/Cavs doing that with Bosh/James. The teams didn't want to give the opt-out but did what was necessary to get the deal signed.

That said, I think you are being naive in this thread (or perhaps don't want to recognize the situation). If the team misses the playoffs this year and/or Love becomes more disgruntled and makes it clear he is leaving, the Wolves are likely to deal him before his contract expires. Might not be next summer, but you can expect the Wolves won't allow a D12 type situation to develop.

However, I personally think the Wolves are a playoff team this coming year and believe that could moot this issue. But denying that the issue exists just makes no sense.

jrm2054
07-09-2012, 10:20 AM
wow that sucks for minny i hope they do well this year

AddiX
07-09-2012, 10:25 AM

Yeah I didn't even know love had a 3 year 4th year option, IMO the only way that makes sense is loves agent amd love demanded it, even though they may have publicly said they wanted a 5th year.

I don't see why batum is due for a breakout year, coming off injury. At some point, if minny really wants to make progress, they need to do what BK did, bite the bullet, and take on some bad contracts that bring in talent (EX: Joe Johnson) IMO, and judging by there recent history, it's the only way there getting better.

As for drafting and the assets, IMO Kahn should of been fired already, it seemed for years all we heard about was all these awesome assets he was building up, those assets got them nothing.

Evolution23
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Love will get bought out and go to Miami for minimum. Reily got em all! you mad??? :mad:

VikingsWin2869
07-09-2012, 12:49 PM
kevin love needs to turn his stat padding *** into winning points

lol what a joke.

Dankster
07-09-2012, 12:56 PM
That would be a major blow to the Wolves. He's such a smart basketball player and is constantly adding dimensions to his game, especially on the offensive end. I hope he stays there but I don't doubt LA will be recruiting him big time if they think he's not happy in Minny.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah I didn't even know love had a 3 year 4th year option, IMO the only way that makes sense is loves agent amd love demanded it, even though they may have publicly said they wanted a 5th year.

I don't see why batum is due for a breakout year, coming off injury. At some point, if minny really wants to make progress, they need to do what BK did, bite the bullet, and take on some bad contracts that bring in talent (EX: Joe Johnson) IMO, and judging by there recent history, it's the only way there getting better.

As for drafting and the assets, IMO Kahn should of been fired already, it seemed for years all we heard about was all these awesome assets he was building up, those assets got them nothing.

Joe Johnson? Eww. I would take Batum over his straight up at this point.

I guess I really don't care about this right now. Kahn is gone if they miss the playoffs I would guess, and Love can say what he wants, he is signed for 3 years. I am also increasingly confident that if Rubio's knee is healthy after Christmas and we start the season healthy, we are a playoff team out west.

todu82
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Just when I thought things where turning around in Minnesota. They lose Love it's back to the drawing board.

AddiX
07-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Joe Johnson? Eww. I would take Batum over his straight up at this point.

I guess I really don't care about this right now. Kahn is gone if they miss the playoffs I would guess, and Love can say what he wants, he is signed for 3 years. I am also increasingly confident that if Rubio's knee is healthy after Christmas and we start the season healthy, we are a playoff team out west.

I hate Joe johnsons contract as much as the next man, but for a team that can't get high profile players or the better players in free agency, and most likely has to overpay for quality free agents regardless, Joe Johnson is a nice piece.

Rubio would have a legit player to look for, love would get a good vet to play with, deal with the bad contract later.

Sometimes you do what you gotta do to keep the players and fans happy, even if it means hurting the team financially in then long run. IMO JJ would guarantee playoffs for minny for at least a few years. I'm not willing to say the same about batum or Roy.

Minny has had more than enough low risk high reward players, think we would both agree w that. I also believe there is a serious possibility the wolves won't be in minny for to much longer if there current trends keep up.

JasonJohnHorn
07-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I didn't get that he wanted a trade out, more that he just wants to see the team improve. But they are doing all the wrong things, just like the last time they had an All-Star named Kevin. Drafting poorly has hurt them, and they let Beasley go... I would have kept him. Having a starting five with:
Rubio
Roy
Beasley
Love
Pekovic

That would be a solid starting line up... but really... poor drafting has always been Minny's biggest problem. They need to start hiring scouts away from Portland and San Antonio if they ever hope to build a contender.

Cfrey
07-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I didn't get that he wanted a trade out, more that he just wants to see the team improve. But they are doing all the wrong things, just like the last time they had an All-Star named Kevin. Drafting poorly has hurt them, and they let Beasley go... I would have kept him. Having a starting five with:
Rubio
Roy
Beasley
Love
Pekovic

That would be a solid starting line up... but really... poor drafting has always been Minny's biggest problem. They need to start hiring scouts away from Portland and San Antonio if they ever hope to build a contender.

Beasely didn't deserve 8 million a year. The dude was the most inconsistent player I watched.. He could be so icy one night and drop 25 points and then for 3 straight weeks you wouldn't see him. The dude was a non factor last year it almost every aspect. He has potential but the dude has been in the league for a good amount of time. How long is it going to take him to figure that out?

Also people are totally underrating the addition of Budinger who will most likely start at the 3. He averaged nearly 10 points per game last year yet he had no role on the team. His minutes were so inconsistent yet he still shot almost 40 percent from 3. So his addition alongside his former coach Adelman and in Adelmans system is only going to help him. He'll get a good 25-30 minutes a game and I wouldn't be surprised if he could average around 15ppg.

We also added Roy and if the dude is even somewhat of his old self then we will be perfectly okay. WESLEY JOHNSON STARTED AT THE 2 for us last year!! Idk if you have ever watched him play but the dude was the worst starting SG in the league.. I would literally cry at night because he couldn't hit a ****ing jump shot.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that the Wolves have made a couple nice additions so far and if they can get Batum or a Courtney Lee then its playoffs no doubt.

Tony_Starks
07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
I have grew to admire Kevin Loves game and no disrespect to my man Hawk because I know he has his poster on the wall but this guy is seriously stupid to say what he said. Kobe took Smush and Kwame to the playoffs. D Wade took a one legged J Oneal and a smoked out B-Easy to the first round. Joe Johnson made the Hawks not a laughing stock anymore. Add your own reference. This guy, as the best playing leader of the team, consistently has his team competing for best garbage of the league. He should not be allowed to talk. AT ALL.

Blitzbolt
07-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't blame him the wolves are a much losers.

NBAFan2012
07-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Kevin Love is talking like a Superstar and he is not one. He is like a 2nd or 3rd option on a team nothing more. He is a generic white guy who plays 0 defense, gets mad at his teammates when they take a rebound from him and putting a hand up renders him useless since all he does is shoot Jumpers. He does not have the size to post up or the skill, if he had a physical presence he would merit these types of demands, but he does not. The guy is a Troy Murphy with a little bit better passing skills and thats pushing it

mike_noodles
07-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Surprise surprise, another little girl complaining in the NBA. The NBA must have an everlasting line of whiners, it gets kinda sickening.

Beantownsboss
07-09-2012, 05:50 PM
They have a solid team IMO, but the west has been too tough over the last couple of years. But besides OKC, both LA teams, and SA, the last four slot in the West are up for grabs this year IMO.

LJEATON26
07-09-2012, 07:04 PM
If they cant get Batum from POR and Rubio struggles it could get ugly in minny

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-losing-patience-with-timberwolves--losing.html;_ylt=AsU7HHVb_0BoY_60bx.MZuO8vLYF;_ylu =X3oDMTN1aDBzMm4wBG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiBOQ kEEcGtnA2U5ZjFhYzk4LWJlZmItM2RjYS1hYWUxLWUwMTIwOTE 5YWU1ZARwb3MDMQRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyA2MxODIxOWE3L WM5NmUtMTFlMS1iZjliLThjYWQ0MjJlMTY4ZQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFoNjVvZWVyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I'll give Harden, Ibaka and a pick for him.