PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Kris Humphries?

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Can somebody tell me what is wrong with Kris Humphries? It seems that Orlando is unwilling to take him back in a trade for Dwight, but from where I'm sitting, Humphries is the best player the Nets have on the table. The guy is a rebounding stud. Outside of Kevin Love, there isn't a better rebounding PF in the league. I know he's not a huge offensive weapon, but he is competent on the offensive end. He's a decent shot blocker at over 1 a game, and his FG% is fine. I know if I was Orlando, Humphries would be one the pieces I'd want to take back. If i got Lopez at center, I know I'm going to be in dire need of a PF that can actually rebound the ball, because god knows Lopez isn't going to be leading the league in rebounds. And the thought of Brooks coming along with Lopez and Humphries, along with three draft pick in alternating years seems like a great package for Orlando, and one that the Nets are obviously willing to offer. And the fact that the Nets are sending over two guys with decent sized contracts means that the Magic can also dump one of their toxic contracts (J-Rich or Hedo) onto the Nets, and as the Nets have made perfectly clear, they are more than happy to spend on this team.

So can somebody please tell me why this trade hasn't happened, and why it is so hard to find somebody that actually wants Humphries on there team? Because I am obviously missing something here.

jmoney85
07-08-2012, 10:32 PM
because he plays terrible defense

fadedmario
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
he dated a Kardashian

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
He as a bad rep for what people know him most for. And It has nothing to do with ball. I don't know why people don't like him either. Seems like a hustler to me.

Cal827
07-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I can think of two things:

1. He was with Kim Kardashian. They don't want the disease to spread any farther.

2. Many teams have a PF project already or a star at the position or both. For example, Houston has Patrick Patterson as their future PF, with Scola starting (not including the 20 they just drafted too lol). Raptors have Bargnani/Davis. Including some of the tweener SF/PFs out there now (Sullinger, Derrick Williams), there are just so many guys out there that teams feel are already better than Humphries or will become better than Humphries.

One team that I think he would be great on is playing sixth man (PF/C) to Bynum and Gasol. But that just might be me.

b@llhog24
07-08-2012, 10:36 PM
he dated a Kardashian

This.

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I can think of two things:

1. He was with Kim Kardashian. They don't want the disease to spread any farther.

2. Many teams have a PF project already or a star at the position or both. For example, Houston has Patrick Patterson as their future PF, with Scola starting (not including the 20 they just drafted too lol). Raptors have Bargnani/Davis. Including some of the tweener SF/PFs out there now (Sullinger, Derrick Williams), there are just so many guys out there that teams feel are already better than Humphries or will become better than Humphries.

One team that I think he would be great on is playing sixth man (PF/C) to Bynum and Gasol. But that just might be me.

Yeah... but the Magic don't even HAVE a starting PF on their roster. They should be eager to take two bigs back for just one, along with a promising young gaurd and three draft picks.

DaVille
07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Teams don't want the package he carries. He should've thought twice marrying that whore. Locker room continuity is very important nowadays. Teams try as much as they can eliminate outside distraction.

Cal827
07-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah... but the Magic don't even HAVE a starting PF on their roster. They should be eager to take two bigs back for just one, along with a promising young gaurd and three draft picks.

True... The only thing I can think of with Orlando is that they are going to bottom out and are just going to fill the interior with scrubs. They just traded Ryan Anderson for Ayon (Who I believe is a PF/C) from NO. If I'm not mistaken, they also have Orton (Who I think is also a C/PF) in the front court. They probably will just go grab some veterans to join them and tutor the guys. I would be thinking, especially after last year, that Humphries is looking for a longer contract (3-4 yrs). Next year, there will likely be a PF near the top of the draft they will want to start if they get their hands on them.

I don't really know though. If Humphries will take a small length deal, it's a win-win. Since there is basically nobody on the team, he's going to put up bloated numbers, since he'll probably be the most talented player on said team, and then near the trade deadline, Orlando could maximize his value and go get more picks/prospects from another team looking for that final piece.

LOL curse of the Kim. It messed up Reggie, it bugged Humphries... It's going to be sad seeing Kanye fall the **** off lol

jmoney85
07-08-2012, 10:48 PM
True... The only thing I can think of with Orlando is that they are going to bottom out and are just going to fill the interior with scrubs. They just traded Ryan Anderson for Ayon (Who I believe is a PF/C) from NO. If I'm not mistaken, they also have Orton (Who I think is also a C/PF) in the front court. They probably will just go grab some veterans to join them and tutor the guys. I would be thinking, especially after last year, that Humphries is looking for a longer contract (3-4 yrs). Next year, there will likely be a PF near the top of the draft they will want to start if they get their hands on them.

I don't really know though. If Humphries will take a small length deal, it's a win-win. Since there is basically nobody on the team, he's going to put up bloated numbers, since he'll probably be the most talented player on said team, and then near the trade deadline, Orlando could maximize his value and go get more picks/prospects from another team looking for that final piece.

LOL curse of the Kim. It messed up Reggie, it bugged Humphries... It's going to be sad seeing Kanye fall the **** off lol

reggie didnt have a drop off from her

ACanadian
07-08-2012, 10:49 PM
He has the Kardashian curse

bholly
07-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Good at the few things he does well, but not good enough overall to justify the sort of contract he's going to end up getting. To get him as part of a S+T, Orlando are going to have to offer him as much as anyone else (otherwise he'd just sign somewhere else), and that would likely involve overpaying him significantly.

Baller1
07-08-2012, 10:55 PM
It's legitimately because of the Kardashian situation. I went to a Clipper game earlier this year, and he got booed harder than Lebron in Cleveland. Its was absolutely insane... People do not like this guy.

DP06
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
He as a bad rep for what people know him most for. And It has nothing to do with ball. I don't know why people don't like him either. Seems like a hustler to me.

I met him when he played here in Toronto, didnt seem like a bad guy at all. We talked a lot about gaming and he seemed really down to earth, but, he was relatively unknown at that time, maybe all this sudden fame has gotten to him.

ldawg
07-08-2012, 10:59 PM
better version of Reggie Evans. His low FG% hurt his value. Not a bad guy to have on your team if he come reasonable.

NFLNBA
07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Because he is just a decent overall PF. Besides being a good rebounder he doesnt do anything else great. He is okay but he is not worth a 1st round pick and thats why the Cavs are not dealing right now cause they dont want to take Hump and give a 1st for him

ramz.n
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
hes not a good shot blocker..his rebounding numbers were inflated because they have no front court..brook lopez was out for majority of the season and the nets had no other rebounders..could you name the other bigs for the nets that actually played minutes :eyebrow:

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
He has webbed feet

I am Smart
07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
This.

is a stupid reason.

LA_Raiders
07-08-2012, 11:21 PM
He is just an average player... Dwight for Him and Lopez? Its a bad trade...

Losoway
07-09-2012, 03:50 AM
i mean kris can ball

averaged a ton of double double last year and was on my fantasy team

but its because he got a bad rep for being on the show. made him look cocky and childish

KnicksPain
07-09-2012, 04:09 AM
I heard he was an @$$ hole before the Kardashian thing I never saw the show but heard he came off bad and that would coincide with how he reportedly acted on a visit to Kansas when in high school. My friend told me he was so arrogant that even though Roy Williams wanted him, the team was so adamant that they didnt like him Roy Williams told him he couldnt come.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2012, 04:27 AM
I think he likes men... Leaving kim kardasshian??? What an *******. I would be all over that girl...

John Walls Era
07-09-2012, 05:23 AM
I think he likes men... Leaving kim kardasshian??? What an *******. I would be all over that girl...

Wasn't it a set up? Im sure he was reimbursed for his role.

DitchDat
07-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Doesn't he have to agree to be S&T'd there?

odiz
07-09-2012, 05:56 AM
I heard he was an @$$ hole before the Kardashian thing I never saw the show but heard he came off bad and that would coincide with how he reportedly acted on a visit to Kansas when in high school. My friend told me he was so arrogant that even though Roy Williams wanted him, the team was so adamant that they didnt like him Roy Williams told him he couldnt come.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/being-an-absolute-jerk-cost-kris-humprhies-a-kansas-scholarship?urn=ncaab,wp4959

He really just doesnt seem worth having around if you are trying to build a winner.

Steelers23_06
07-09-2012, 06:51 AM
i dont get why he would go along with a sign and trade he is a free agent why not sign to a team of choice?

naztrack
07-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Can somebody tell me what is wrong with Kris Humphries? It seems that Orlando is unwilling to take him back in a trade for Dwight, but from where I'm sitting, Humphries is the best player the Nets have on the table. The guy is a rebounding stud. Outside of Kevin Love, there isn't a better rebounding PF in the league. I know he's not a huge offensive weapon, but he is competent on the offensive end. He's a decent shot blocker at over 1 a game, and his FG% is fine. I know if I was Orlando, Humphries would be one the pieces I'd want to take back. If i got Lopez at center, I know I'm going to be in dire need of a PF that can actually rebound the ball, because god knows Lopez isn't going to be leading the league in rebounds. And the thought of Brooks coming along with Lopez and Humphries, along with three draft pick in alternating years seems like a great package for Orlando, and one that the Nets are obviously willing to offer. And the fact that the Nets are sending over two guys with decent sized contracts means that the Magic can also dump one of their toxic contracts (J-Rich or Hedo) onto the Nets, and as the Nets have made perfectly clear, they are more than happy to spend on this team.

So can somebody please tell me why this trade hasn't happened, and why it is so hard to find somebody that actually wants Humphries on there team? Because I am obviously missing something here.

I was thinking the same s*#@

dh144498
07-09-2012, 10:31 AM
he just got a kardashian look-a-like pregnant too. :laugh2:

Iceman_9
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
He was the bad guy in their breakup with Kim. :D

albertc86
07-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Ehh. The Kardashian factor doesn't hold water. Odom and Bush both have rings. If anything, they're a blessing for an athlete's career.

SportsNY
07-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Teams would rather have a player with less talent for more money.

jayjay33
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm surprised Philly didn't offer him say 3 year 21 mil and block this D12 **** cause that's going to kill them. An nets would have most likely matched. Lol