PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we hearing a Bynum for Nowitzki?

Knick_Fever
07-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Since the Lakers are obviously in win now mode why not offer Bynum for the guy who took out the Heat?

SpaceJamJordans
07-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I think the Lakers would wanna trade Gasol and Artes

JOhnnyTHaJet
That would make no sense for the Lakers unless Bynum wanted to leave.

Metsboi69
The Mavs would jump all over this, Lakers not so much.

jmoney85
07-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I cant see that as being viable... just doesnt make sense for the lakers with gasol being there

JordansBulls
07-08-2012, 08:53 PM
The Mavs would jump all over this, Lakers not so much.

Mavs wouldn't do that at all.

GrumpyOldMan
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
would the money even be close in that trade?

nicegoing
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Not to mention Dirk has a no trade clause.

ChitownBears22
07-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Because the Mavs are letting everyone spend their money on stupid contracts this year. And when Bynum becomes a FA next year they will sign him then.

richiesaurus310
07-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Why not dirk for dwight?

airforceones25
07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Because it would be a terrible deal for the Lakers. It will basically ensure mediocracy in 3 years. There is no way in hell I would make that trade if i'm the Lakers.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Why not dirk for dwight?

no way does dirk go to a rebuilding team...dirk has a ntc

waveycrockett
07-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Because Mark Cuban isn't THAT stupid

Ebbs
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM
If we traded Dirk for Bynum I **** you not I'm no longer a Mavs fan and I'm finding a new team.

StarvingKnick22
07-08-2012, 09:00 PM
because its very idiotic for both teams.
Dallas gives away the franchise player that gave them everything which will be a dent in Mavs history. In return the they get an immature, self centered kid who sometimes can pull of outstanding games. who also could care less what the coach thinks they should do.
the Lakers recieve yet another aging player who plays the same position & height as Pau Gasol. He will be the third person on that team who wants to take the majority of the shots, wants to be a leader and wants the ball at the final seconds. so what do i say to this trade idea? no

thekmp211
07-08-2012, 09:01 PM
If we traded Dirk for Bynum I **** you not I'm no longer a Mavs fan and I'm finding a new team.

thats why.

dirk is still really, really, really good. it'd have to be bynum and gasol for dirk heywood and like marion. and even then not a trade the mavs make if they are jettisoning their best player ever.

Eg714
07-08-2012, 09:08 PM
thats why.

dirk is still really, really, really good. it'd have to be bynum and gasol for dirk heywood and like marion. and even then not a trade the mavs make if they are jettisoning their best player ever.

I guarantee that if the lakers offered Bynum for dirk straight up that Cuban would jump all over that deal. It would have to be Bynum and all the lakers bad contracts and multiple draft picks from the Mavs. Dirk would waive his no trade clause to play with Steve Nash and a contender.

knickfan33
07-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Since the Lakers are obviously in win now mode why not offer Bynum for the guy who took out the Heat?

cause it would be ridiculous to think dallas would do that...

in no way way,shape,or form is bynum as valuable as dirk

TylerSL
07-08-2012, 09:19 PM
:facepalm:

jmoney85
07-08-2012, 09:20 PM
why would cuban trade for bynum when they can just sign him next season and keep dirk with him? lol

PHX2daDEATH
07-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Gasol for Stoudemire, then Bynum and World Peace for J-Rich and Dwight Howard

Howard/Who Cares
Stoudemire/Who Cares
J-Rich/Who Cares
Kobe/Who Cares
Nash/Who cares

that would be the best starting five the lakers could produce..its scary..I'm a Suns fan and I want to see it happen...

Orlando gets Bynum and he becomes their number 1.. World Peace either stays with the Magic or gets cut and signs with Chicago or Boston..

New York gets a better passing big-man, a better shot blocker to pair with Chandler..with Kidd and Lin he'll get easy shots also..

ChitownBears22
07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Gasol for Stoudemire, then Bynum and World Peace for J-Rich and Dwight Howard

Howard/Who Cares
Stoudemire/Who Cares
J-Rich/Who Cares
Kobe/Who Cares
Nash/Who cares

that would be the best starting five the lakers could produce..its scary..I'm a Suns fan and I want to see it happen...

Orlando gets Bynum and he becomes their number 1.. World Peace either stays with the Magic or gets cut and signs with Chicago or Boston..

New York gets a better passing big-man, a better shot blocker to pair with Chandler..with Kidd and Lin he'll get easy shots also..

Gasol for stat won't work, Salaries aren't even close.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Gasol for stat won't work, Salaries aren't even close.

actually they both make 19mil.

but why would anyone want amare?

MetroMan
07-08-2012, 09:40 PM
thats why.

Pure blindness. :facepalm:

Bynum n gasoline for dirk:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Dirk has 3 years left in the tank. Bynum has at least 8-10.

thekmp211
07-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Pure blindness. :facepalm:

Bynum n gasoline for dirk:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Dirk has 3 years left in the tank. Bynum has at least 8-10.

ah the triple facepalm. my opinion must be wrong.

as others have said he could just sign bynum outright next season. and im sorry but bynum just isn't the commodity you think he is. dirk is a HoF player, bynum wishes he could shoot like dirk. but keep those facepalms comin

you guys really think mark cuban would allow steve nash, kobe bryant, pau gasol and dirk nowitzki on the same team?

jchase3
07-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Bynum for Dirk might be the worst trade proposal I've ever seen

kobebabe
07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
because it doesn't make any sense to either side:cool:

naps
07-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Bynum is getting severely overrated on these boards.

Gritz
07-08-2012, 10:15 PM

Bandwagoner

Chucky Woods
07-08-2012, 10:16 PM
why would cuban trade for bynum when they can just sign him next season and keep dirk with him? lolUsing the Knicks philosophy? :shrug:

MonroeFAN
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
How is Bynum overrated? People are suggesting that he is not as valuable as Dirk, which is ridiculous IMO. He's a young center who is already considered #2 in the league. Dirk is amazing, but after another 2 seasons one will be nearing the end while the other is in their prime.

I don't see why the Mavericks wouldn't do this, based on value. If their loyalty to Dirk plays a role in turning it down then that's understandable.

If I were the Lakers I would not do the trade.

Mr.B
07-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Because the Mavs are letting everyone spend their money on stupid contracts this year. And when Bynum becomes a FA next year they will sign him then.

This is definitely one of the reason Cuban would not trade Dirk for Bynum. The main reason though is because Dirk hasn't asked to be traded.

Also any Lakers fan that thinks this would be a good idea is a fool. The only reason why trading for Nash made any kind of sense is because you have Bynum (it's also why trading Bynum for Howard makes more sense). Having Nash only works if you have a quality to great defensive big man that can protect the paint. It's pretty much common knowledge (especially to Phoenix fans and Dallas fans) that Nash probably couldn't even guard me, and I'm just some guy posting on a message board from home much less and NBA guard. If they swapted Bynum for Dirk they would get DESTROYED! Sure they could run up and down the court and average about 120 points a game, the problem is they would also give up about 140 a game.

Eg714
07-08-2012, 10:30 PM
This is definitely one of the reason Cuban would not trade Dirk for Bynum. The main reason though is because Dirk hasn't asked to be traded.

Also any Lakers fan that thinks this would be a good idea is a fool. The only reason why trading for Nash made any kind of sense is because you have Bynum (it's also why trading Bynum for Howard makes more sense). Having Nash only works if you have a quality to great defensive big man that can protect the paint. It's pretty much common knowledge (especially to Phoenix fans and Dallas fans) that Nash probably couldn't even guard me, and I'm just some guy posting on a message board from home much less and NBA guard. If they swapted Bynum for Dirk they would get DESTROYED! Sure they could run up and down the court and average about 120 points a game, the problem is they would also give up about 140 a game.:facepalm: that team will easily out score any team out there.

Chronz
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Mavs arent that smart

majmarcus
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
because it doesn't make any sense to either side:cool:
You dont think so? You may be right, idk. But Imo, the Mavs benefit more than the Lakers in this trade. Providing Bynum be on his act right as far as his attitude is concerned.

But Dirk for Gasol is something thatll interest me though. However, Idk if Ill pull the trigger on it. you know how it goes..."Nothing is imminent" lol

Fireworld
07-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I would really think hard about this as a Laker fan. A line up of
Nash
Kobe
Metta
Dirk
Gasol
Is toooo goooood. Defense would suffer though. Great offense!!

Avenged
07-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Mavs arent that smart

^

Avenged
07-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Bynum is getting severely overrated on these boards.

Not really..

Dirk is clearly better, but what happen to all that value and being young? Does it not apply in this instance just because we're talking about a Laker here? Dirk is already 34 years old, and Bynum - a current all-star - is 24.

ZebraCity916
07-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Why would the Mavs do this?? Makes no sense.

justjames
07-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Because it would be a terrible deal for the Lakers. It will basically ensure mediocracy in 3 years. There is no way in hell I would make that trade if i'm the Lakers.

The Lakers are guaranteed to be mediocre if Bynum is at the helm. It'll be like the 90s when we had rosters with Nick the Quick, Eddie Jones, Cedric Ceballos and old man James Worthy. Good but not good enough.

With Dirk at the 4, Pau at the 5, the Lakers interior will be Charmin soft but there isn't a defense in the world that could stop Nash, Kobe, Dirk and Pau all at the same time. That team wins the next 2 titles barring injury and then they're left with crazy amounts of cap space when they retire to sign free agents and get a lottery pick or two.

JayW_1023
07-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Three words: no trade clause.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Bynum for Irk and Marion

Ebbs
07-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Bandwagoner

Didn't say I'd pick a good team.

Mavs arent that smart

It's a dumb move.

1) Dirk has a no trade clause
2) Dirk sells more tickets and makes more money than Bynum
3) Dallas fans don't particularly like Bynum. . .
4) Dirk is the better player and the best player we've ever had. Sentimental value here.

The_Pharouh
07-09-2012, 07:00 AM
I guarantee that if the lakers offered Bynum for dirk straight up that Cuban would jump all over that deal. It would have to be Bynum and all the lakers bad contracts and multiple draft picks from the Mavs. Dirk would waive his no trade clause to play with Steve Nash and a contender.

:facepalm:

BURAKOBE
07-09-2012, 09:40 AM
There are at most 10 players i would trade Bynum for and Dirk is not one of them. Because of age and Lakers team construction. Bynum at his hottest day is an incredible force. His problem is that his mind isn't always there, which sucks because Mike Brown can't handle these type of things.

King41
07-09-2012, 09:40 AM
dirk > bynum
/closed