PDA

View Full Version : The Caveliers are trying to make getting more titles difficult for Lebron

Puck017
07-08-2012, 07:27 PM
The Nets are reportedly "making progress" in their attempt to find a third team to facilitate a trade for Dwight Howard -- the Cavaliers have been mentioned as a possible landing spot for a signed-and-traded Kris Humphries.http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1054/kris-humphries

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't figure anything that the Cavaliers or Kris Humphries can gain from this. Humphries is an unrestricted free thats not going to be given a max contract with the extra year from signing a contract with his previous team. Not sure if any of that changed with the new CBA though. If the rumor is true I find it comical that the Cavs would go to such lengths.

dhopisthename
07-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I seriously doubt they are doing this just to make things harder on lebron. I would bet they are trying to get something out of it

ManRam
07-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Woj just tweeted that they want him so they can spin him into more picks/young assets. Ship him off at the deadline or something for more rebuilding pieces. Makes sense.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
They can do whatever they want, the lebron we saw last month looks like a guy that can win quite a few rings.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-08-2012, 07:32 PM
They also have 7 first rounders in the next three years.

Acquiring him for one of their less valued firsts would make a lot of sense. He'd be a solid starter or a great bench guy.

Worst case they flip him around the deadline.

Puck017
07-08-2012, 07:32 PM
He is an unrestricted free agent they can just sign him and keep their pick. He has to be willing to go to Cleveland either way.

rickshaw
07-08-2012, 07:33 PM
They made it difficult enough the 7 years he was there.

Mell413
07-08-2012, 07:34 PM

:laugh:

nicegoing
07-08-2012, 07:39 PM
:burn:

michael811
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
The Cavs would be getting a pick for taking Humphries not giving one up. Their only interest is in getting another pick from the nets for taking on the contract

jmoney85
07-08-2012, 07:43 PM

savage lol

bryan71023
07-08-2012, 07:43 PM
The Nets have Humphries bird rights so this is why the Nets can resign him and send him to Cleveland. Honestly a front court of Humphries/Thompson and Varejao/Zeller is not bad at all.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Take a victory lap.

Knick_Fever
07-08-2012, 07:47 PM
They can do whatever they want, the lebron we saw last month looks like a guy that can win quite a few rings.

Lebron's success hinges solely on Dwayne Wade's health and consistency. If any team in the playoffs want success against the Heat, they need to adopt the defensive concept the Celtics did by doubling Wade with taller players. Wade isn't as good a passer as Lebron is and is 4" shorter than Lebron, making it more difficult to pass out of the double team. That is why Wade got so frustrated. Im not saying other teams will beat them but it would give them the best shot. Letting Lebron go for 40 plus one on one is their best shot.

ryang
07-08-2012, 07:48 PM
who cares.. even if the nets get howard we will beat them down.. call it cocky call it confidence i dont care.. We are the superior team

Glen20
07-08-2012, 07:48 PM

cute

prodigy
07-08-2012, 07:49 PM
shouldn't every team make it harder for the Heat to repeat? lol, i mean every team should be trying to win.

Puck017
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
The Cavs would be getting a pick for taking Humphries not giving one up. Their only interest is in getting another pick from the nets for taking on the contract
This makes no sense, because as I've stated Humphries is an unrestricted free agent and thus not under contract.

The Nets have Humphries bird rights so this is why the Nets can resign him and send him to Cleveland. Honestly a front court of Humphries/Thompson and Varejao/Zeller is not bad at all.
This does make a lot of sense. Thanks.

MTL_123
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Lebron's success hinges solely on Dwayne Wade's health and consistency. If any team in the playoffs want success against the Heat, they need to adopt the defensive concept the Celtics did by doubling Wade with taller players. Wade isn't as good a passer as Lebron is and is 4" shorter than Lebron, making it more difficult to pass out of the double team. That is why Wade got so frustrated. Im not saying other teams will beat them but it would give them the best shot. Letting Lebron go for 40 plus one on one is their best shot.

well the reason why he was bad against the celtics was because of his knee which he needs to get surgery for.

ryang
07-08-2012, 07:51 PM

That only worked because bosh was out and k.g. could rome the paint.. call it whatever you want but were gonna be a tough team to beat in a 7 game series

Spurred1
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Not everything in the NBA revolves around LeBron. I'm pretty sure he's capable of getting rings regardless of what the Cavs/Nets or anyone else does.
Hump is viewed as an asset by the Cavs to either use or flip for something else. Not to mention being accompanied by a pick.

jrm2054
07-08-2012, 07:56 PM
That only worked because bosh was out and k.g. could rome the paint.. call it whatever you want but were gonna be a tough team to beat in a 7 game series

SO a Deron JJ Wallace and D12 won't be tough

michael811
07-08-2012, 08:03 PM
This makes no sense, because as I've stated Humphries is an unrestricted free agent and thus not under contract.

This does make a lot of sense. Thanks.

But the Cavs have Cap space so they can just sign Humphries outright they don't need bird rights. The Cavs want a pick for taking on Humphries contract from the Nets in a sign and trade. If the Cavs just wanted Humphries they would sign him without dealing with the Nets

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 08:03 PM

It sure will. MIami would win imo, but that would be a fun series to watch.

jrm2054
07-08-2012, 08:06 PM
It sure will. MIami would win imo, but that would be a fun series to watch.

i think it would be great to watch. I think it would be really hard for the heat to defend howard though because Bosh cant guard him alone, and if bron helps JJ and deron will be there to sink a shot. I think it would be a great series but i see D12 being the x factor that would give the nets a slight advantage

mikealike305
07-08-2012, 08:07 PM

Zing!

prodigy
07-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Which was mainly lebrons fault. No not talking about all the times he choked. But the lack of recruiting he did while in cleveland. Kobe in LA recruits, Wade in Miami recruits all star players do but one. Yup Lebron never did.

ryang
07-08-2012, 08:15 PM

Sure they would be.. but just because dwight is there and would be tough to guard doesnt mean covering wade bosh and lebron would become easy.. Were obviously gonna be the better team but anything can happen.. It would be a fun series regardless..

alistar
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Which was mainly lebrons fault. No not talking about all the times he choked. But the lack of recruiting he did while in cleveland. Kobe in LA recruits, Wade in Miami recruits all star players do but one. Yup Lebron never did.

+1. Lebron is such a moron. He must have been the one that told the Cavs GM to let Carlos Boozer out of his contract and then he signed with the Jazz. :rolleyes:

justinnum1
i think it would be great to watch. I think it would be really hard for the heat to defend howard though because Bosh cant guard him alone, and if bron helps JJ and deron will be there to sink a shot. I think it would be a great series but i see D12 being the x factor that would give the nets a slight advantage

Nah, when dwight is in foul trouble nets will be screwed.

justinnum1

no one wants to play in Cleveland.

Arch Stanton
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM

Andrew Bynum does.

prodigy
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM

Which is why you need your superstar to recruit even more. Tell the players they dont gotta live in Cleveland although its not nearly as bad as people think. Stay in one of the many beautiful suburbs. Lebron should sell the fact that he's there and they can win ships together.

But he never did which is why he failed in Cleveland.

alistar
Andrew Bynum does.

I'll believe it when he actually goes there

justinnum1
Andrew Bynum does.

andrew bynum will go wherever pays him the most.

bryan71023
07-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Sure they would be.. but just because dwight is there and would be tough to guard doesnt mean covering wade bosh and lebron would become easy.. Were obviously gonna be the better team but anything can happen.. It would be a fun series regardless..

I don't want to get ahead of myself since all of these trade rumors are just rumors and the Nets don't have Howard. But let's say the trade goes down and the Nets end up with Howard what makes Miami the obvious better team? Not because I'm a Nets fan but wouldn't the Nets have a deeper team since J-Rich and Hedo would also becoming to the Nets? I think it would be a great series to watch it would deff go to a game 7 and you have all right to say Miami is a better team but I think the others would have a right to say the Nets are the better team however this trade has not happen Dwight is still a Magic and the Heat are still the best team in the league...

Arch Stanton
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM

He apparently doesn't want to go to Orlando which would pay him the most money.

prodigy
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
can I be honest for a min- the only reason why NBA players dont like Cleveland is because theres not enough clubs where they can pick up hookers lol. Its true.

Arch Stanton
07-08-2012, 08:38 PM

prodigy
07-08-2012, 08:38 PM
can I be honest for a min- the only reason why NBA players dont like Cleveland is because theres not enough clubs where they can pick up hookers lol. Its true.

ryang
07-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't want to get ahead of myself since all of these trade rumors are just rumors and the Nets don't have Howard. But let's say the trade goes down and the Nets end up with Howard what makes Miami the obvious better team? Not because I'm a Nets fan but wouldn't the Nets have a deeper team since J-Rich and Hedo would also becoming to the Nets? I think it would be a great series to watch it would deff go to a game 7 and you have all right to say Miami is a better team but I think the others would have a right to say the Nets are the better team however this trade has not happen Dwight is still a Magic and the Heat are still the best team in the league...

we could go back and forth but jrich and hedo?? they really arent good... a team that has lebron wade and bosh is covered by who on the nets?? battier, ray allen , u.d. , chalmers ect ect are better then anybody they can get after all those big contracts..

We just have to much.. I think OKC would beat th nets and look what we just did to them... J.J. is overrated.. dwill and dwight are good but that team doesnt make me question if we have enough thats all..

Arch Stanton
07-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I'll believe it when he actually goes there

Shouldn't you be trolling the Cavs forum?

ryang
07-08-2012, 08:55 PM
and if your telling me that the nets team of dwight , wallace , dwill and joe jhonson are the best team in the league forgive me if i dont agree..

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-08-2012, 08:56 PM
and if your telling me that the nets team of dwight , wallace , dwill and joe jhonson are the best team in the league forgive me if i dont agree..

They'd have to play together before anyone can judge them.

Pistol_Pete
07-08-2012, 08:57 PM

No. The whole point of the trade is so that the Nets can get another pick. How would trading Humphries and giving up a pick benefit the Nets. It wouldn't. That's not what's being discussed.

ChitownBears22
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM
LeBron did recruit

LeBron: I want Amare to become a Cav
Front office: We are not willing to part with JJ Hickson
LeBron: Ok then what can you give me.
Front office: Well, we are glad you asked. We are bringing in the corpse of Shaq and Antawn Jamison...........BOOM how about that for blockbuster moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LeBron: Sounds great, I am going to go see what kind of houses are for sale in Miami.

Jarvo
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Didn't Howard said he doesn't want to go to LA and won't sign there? So they're cool to rent him for a year? And by doing this to Bynum I'm sure he's going to want out. The Lakers are going to be so ****ed !

ryang
07-08-2012, 09:00 PM
They'd have to play together before anyone can judge them.

agreed but based on those players track record im not scared.. competivie probably but scared?? na...

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-08-2012, 09:03 PM
agreed but based on those players track record im not scared.. competivie probably but scared?? na...
Based on LeBron's and Bosh's track record I wouldn't be scared either.

ryang
07-08-2012, 09:06 PM
are you talking about lbj?? not sure what your getting at but i ment how they have played..

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Based on LeBron's and Bosh's track record I wouldn't be scared either.

lol, Lebron turned the corner this season. Not sure if you were watching or not.

different player.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-08-2012, 09:08 PM

You never know. If DWill and Dwight are paired up that could be one of the best PG-Big man tandems since Stockton and Malone. Add JJ who is a pure scorer and Wallace who is an excellent defender, and you have a team that can dominate from everywhere on the court.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-08-2012, 09:09 PM
lol, Lebron turned the corner this season. Not sure if you were watching or not.

different player.

"track record" means his career, not one off-season or series none the less

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 09:11 PM
"track record" means his career, not one off-season or series none the less

What did you say about jordans track record after he won his first ring?

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-08-2012, 09:15 PM
What did you say about jordans track record after he won his first ring?

His legacy is done, hopefully for LeBron's case it's only starting. As of right now for LeBron and Jordan till they won their first ring didn't have good track records. It's just fact.

ryang
07-08-2012, 09:17 PM
You never know. If DWill and Dwight are paired up that could be one of the best PG-Big man tandems since Stockton and Malone. Add JJ who is a pure scorer and Wallace who is an excellent defender, and you have a team that can dominate from everywhere on the court.

we just have so much more.. how many titles did stockton and malone win by the way?? not being a duche just sayin think about it... J.j. and dwill would have guys like wade , lebron , battier coverig them.. like you said lets see them play first but you cant deny the heat are a better team...

michael811
07-08-2012, 09:18 PM
No. The whole point of the trade is so that the Nets can get another pick. How would trading Humphries and giving up a pick benefit the Nets. It wouldn't. That's not what's being discussed.

Why would the Cavs give up a pick when they can just sign Humphries outright with cap space ? The Nets need to involve Humphries in order to make the salaries in the trade work and Orlando doesn't want to take on Humphries so the Nets need to throw in a pick in order to get the Cavs to take on that extra salary.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 09:20 PM
His legacy is done, hopefully for LeBron's case it's only starting. As of right now for LeBron and Jordan till they won their first ring didn't have good track records. It's just fact.

Ok, how about waiting to judge lebrons legacy until his career is over. He very well could finish with 4 rings and 4 finals mvps.

michael811
07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
John Hollinger: Again, people: Cleveland isn't providing picks to trade for a player it can sign for free. Any picks are going the other way

TylerSL
07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
not a big deal. Even with Howard I feel we are better than the Nets, we are the deeper team. They get Howard, they have no money to build around those guys, only the 3 million mid and that only brings 1 player per year

Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen/Battier/Chalmers/Haslem/Miller/Cole>Deron/Howard/Wallace/Johnson

ryang
07-08-2012, 09:28 PM
cant wait to stomp on brooklyn.. nothing better then beating 2 new york teams a year...

Glen20
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
cant wait to stomp on brooklyn.. nothing better then beating 2 new york teams a year...

uhh 3?

ryang
07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
uhh 3?

?

Puck017
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Why would the Cavs give up a pick when they can just sign Humphries outright with cap space ? The Nets need to involve Humphries in order to make the salaries in the trade work and Orlando doesn't want to take on Humphries so the Nets need to throw in a pick in order to get the Cavs to take on that extra salary.
There is some definite sense to this for the Nets and Cavs. I just can't fathom why Humphries would be so accommodating to the Nets to go to the Cavs just to later be traded to another team. I suppose the incentive could be in his new contract.

michael811
07-08-2012, 09:50 PM
There is some definite sense to this for the Nets and Cavs. I just can't fathom why Humphries would be so accommodating to the Nets to go to the Cavs just to later be traded to another team. I suppose the incentive could be in his new contract.

It makes sense if the Nets send the Cavs a pick it makes no sense for the Cavs to send the Nets a pick for a player they can sign for free

prodigy
07-09-2012, 04:31 PM
LeBron did recruit

LeBron: I want Amare to become a Cav
Front office: We are not willing to part with JJ Hickson
LeBron: Ok then what can you give me.
Front office: Well, we are glad you asked. We are bringing in the corpse of Shaq and Antawn Jamison...........BOOM how about that for blockbuster moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LeBron: Sounds great, I am going to go see what kind of houses are for sale in Miami.

Just cuz you write stuff down don't make it true. Cavs offered JJ still not sure why people fail to understand that.

http://voices.yahoo.com/cleveland-cavaliers-serious-trade-offer-amare-5473575.html

Arch Stanton
07-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Just cuz you write stuff down don't make it true. Cavs offered JJ still not sure why people fail to understand that.

http://voices.yahoo.com/cleveland-cavaliers-serious-trade-offer-amare-5473575.html

I would just give up trying to plead your case. People in PSD believe what they want and view the world through a straw.

mdm692
07-09-2012, 05:07 PM
who cares.. even if the nets get howard we will beat them down.. call it cocky call it confidence i dont care.. We are the superior team

Defending champions? Yes
Superior? I don't know(but I will give you guys the benefit due to the fact that you will be the defending champs)

But a line up of D-will, Joe Johnson, Wallace, Doesn't matter, and Dwight is very good.