PDA

View Full Version : Avery Johnson: Nets focusing on "re-signing Brook Lopez and getting him in a Nets uni

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 04:53 PM
BY STEFAN BONDY

It’s more-or-less a given that if Brook Lopez is a Brooklyn Net on opening night at the Barclays Center, Dwight Howard won’t be.

Lopez is still the main trade piece, and he’s also a restricted free agent -- meaning, if he re-signs and is not part of a sign & trade package, he can’t be dealt until December 15. By then Howard might be a Laker, or he might be still demanding a trade from Orlando.

Asked Sunday when the Nets could expect a resolution to latest reincarnation of ‘Dwightmare,’ Nets coach Avery Johnson turned conversation toward Lopez.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2 ... ts-uniform
“On our guys end there’s no resolution because we’re not in control,” Johnson said. “Right now, we’re trying to get Brook Lopez re-signed and get him back in a Nets uniform. We can’t control what other teams are doing. When you’re talking about trading with another team we have no power. Like every NBA team, you make proposals and presentations but at the end of the day you have no control. The only thing we have control of right is getting our guys re-signed, getting Brook Lopez re-signed, figuring out what we’re going to do with a couple of other situations, but that’s what Billy’s main focus is right now -- is getting Brook re-signed and getting him in a Nets uniform.”

The Nets cut Julian Wright, Ashton Gibbs and Hank Thorns from the Summer League squad. So these are the 12 players they're sending to Orlando: MarShon Brooks, Toko Shengalia, Tyshawn Taylor, Jeff Foote, Al Thornton, Adam Morrison, Edwin Ubiles, Garrett Stutz, Taurean Green, Carleton Scott, Stephen Dennis and Bryant Dunston.

MarShon Brooks has packed on some muscle this offseason, and Johnson said Sunday the second-year guard stands to benefit greatly from the Summer League -- something he didn’t get last year because of the lockout.

“When the season was over this year, we gave him a week to 10 days to go home, spend some time with his family. But he had to get back and get his butt in the weight room. And he’s been faithful. We see that he’s getting stronger. He’ll be able to hold up and have a little been more stamina throughout the course of the season because obviously during the season when you guys are asking me questions about a rookie hitting the wall, as a coach you try not to feed into it and you don’t want to put it out there publicly because players read stuff, but he actually did hit the wall. And I can see he was just worn down physically. So hopefully with a lot more strength and conditioning with Jeremy he’ll be able to hold up better throughout the course of the season.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2 ... ts-uniform
Stefan Bondy ‏@NYDNInterNets
Remember, Brook Lopez has to agree to a deal to Magic. He'd be joining a worse team and take a 4 year deal instead of 5 Little incentive
Stefan Bondy ‏@NYDNInterNets
Avery Johnson: Nets focusing on "re-signing Brook Lopez and getting him in a Nets uniform".. http://nydn.us/MePk96*

Credit goes to "kbp24" of our "other" forum

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Wishful thinking? I believe they have a two day grace period in which to move Brook if signed

Raps18-19 Champ
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Good.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I Think the nets are prepared to move on i said " I THINK" like the guy said why would brook accept a s&t to a worse team...and call me homer idc but bynum>lopez its not hard if Orlando does choose to send him to brooklyn it will be their "plan b" i cant see them thinking he was "Plan A'' to begin with

BigCityofDreams
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm agreeing with Will on this

justjames
07-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I think the Nets are just trying to show Lopez some love so he doesn't decide explore free agency and completely wreck their plans for Dwight.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Nets fan need to see whats "REAL" stop being homers...you need this guy ALOT more then we do so i see why you guys just think they want him over bynum at the end of the day when and if he goes to brooklyn it will be the "Plan B trade" the news will be out by then If bynum stays then we still have the best offensive center in the league

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Avery Johnson got a doctorate in PR 101. Smokescreen!!!

PC
07-08-2012, 05:11 PM
To be fair, they said the same thing about Favors

But honestly the Nets package sucks, I'd be pretty surprised if he wound up in Brooklyn

LongIslandIcedZ
07-08-2012, 05:12 PM
I would think that this point in time, NJ has to be getting a little frustrated with Dwight. They have a solid team to go forward with, they did some great work this offseason.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Tommy Dee:
Word is in these ears Howard to Nets about done... Cleveland sounds like the 3rd team involved. Stay tuned. 1 minute ago

shep33
07-08-2012, 05:13 PM
He's definitely not telling the truth

shep33
07-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Tommy Dee: 1 minute ago

Makes sense. Cleveland has a horrible FO.

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Nets fan need to see whats "REAL" stop being homers...you need this guy ALOT more then we do so i see why you guys just think they want him over bynum at the end of the day when and if he goes to brooklyn it will be the "Plan B trade" the news will be out by then If bynum stays then we still have the best offensive center in the league

:laugh2: No Nets fan posted anything here that would suggest being a homer. All i posted was the fact that they have two days to trade him after they sign him. I dont see how that is being a homer.

or did you get butt hurt because i said this was wishful thinking? If so i apologize. Didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 05:15 PM
We keep hearing "Nets trying to assemble,blah blah blah" but with the Lakers you hear NOTHING maybe a reporter may troll us once in a while but if the nets offer is so much better then ours...why havent one of those "assembled trades" go thru...im just saying not hating Dont have an "espn" mentality because on MAJOR moves the have been striking out on their "Predicitions"

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Avery Johnson got a doctorate in PR 101. Smokescreen!!!

lol this. Avery was the guy that assured Favors that he wouldnt be traded

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 05:16 PM

O well on to building our bench

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 05:17 PM
:laugh2: No Nets fan posted anything here that would suggest being a homer. All i posted was the fact that they have two days to trade him after they sign him. I dont see how that is being a homer.

or did you get butt hurt because i said this was wishful thinking? If so i apologize. Didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

Not butthurt and it wasnt directed towards anyone in the forum

Lakers + Giants
07-08-2012, 05:18 PM

I can see dan gilbert helping the nets so they cam beat Miami. Not saying they will beat miami, this will just be Dan Gilbert's way of hoping it happens.

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:19 PM
We keep hearing "Nets trying to assemble,blah blah blah" but with the Lakers you hear NOTHING maybe a reporter may troll us once in a while but if the nets offer is so much better then ours...why havent one of those "assembled trades" go thru...im just saying not hating Dont have an "espn" mentality because on MAJOR moves the have been striking out on their "Predicitions"

How long did the Melo negotiations take? Big deals like this dont just happen especially when the star is being a diva about which team he will play for. I expect that ORL has spent this whole time trying to gain more leverage in order to get a better deal by leaking info that they were talking to teams like DAL, HOU, and GS

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Avery Johnson doesn't have any say so over personnel moves, they just told him to tell this to the media

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:20 PM
O well on to building our bench

lol that tweet means nothing... is it that time of the month? You seem a little wound up today

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:20 PM
I can see dan gilbert helping the nets so they cam beat Miami. Not saying they will beat miami, this will just be Dan Gilbert's way of hoping it happens.

i was thinking the same thing...

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
On a side note, Marshon Brooks looks like a mini Avery Johnson

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
lol that tweet means nothing... is it that time of the month? You seem a little wound up today

Not at all bud...u should see how fast im trying to piss u off...wait for it....damn im not mad so why would i want to piss you off...idk but anyway this needs to end

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:23 PM

The only thing Gilbert knows how to do is write letters

Losoway
07-08-2012, 05:24 PM
they said the same thing about favors

but its dwight fault he should have not opted in

Chill_Will_24
Not at all bud...u should see how fast im trying to piss u off...wait for it....damn im not mad so why would i want to piss you off...idk but anyway this needs to end

We finally agree sir

shep33
Yeah, just end this. I don't care anymore. A core of Nash-Kobe-Metta-Pau-Bynum is pretty solid.

LakersSaintsLSU
And the tweet was 2HOURS ago not 1 min

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:25 PM
: )

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:25 PM

This actually made me lol for real. Dan Gilbert... :pity:

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2012, 05:26 PM
:cheers:
We finally agree sir

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah, just end this. I don't care anymore. A core of Nash-Kobe-Metta-Pau-Bynum is pretty solid.

But now, we really really need shooters, slashers and in your face defenders on that 2nd unit. And hopefully one of those shooter/slasher/defenders is a good playmaker.

StarvingKnick22
07-08-2012, 05:29 PM
why would he stay after the rumors of getting traded?

D12 fan
07-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Yep his is why I think it's a legit rumor,Gilbert would do anything to keep Lebron from winning championships.

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:31 PM
why would he stay after the rumors of getting traded?

He's a RFA, his options are limited and he has to get paid

knicksfan42
07-08-2012, 05:32 PM

That and making hundreds of millions of dollars.

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Yep his is why I think it's a legit rumor,Gilbert would do anything to keep Lebron from winning championships.

Maybe he should suck Stern up to get foul calls in other teams favor then

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
That and making hundreds of millions of dollars.

I taught him that so it doesn't count

#obviously

PC
07-08-2012, 05:40 PM

Any Knick fan will tell you that Tommy Dee is a worthless piece of dog ****

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Ken Berger:
Nets "making progress" on finding a third team to take Kris Humphries in a scenario that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, source says.

ThunderousDemon
07-08-2012, 05:41 PM

lol

ThunderousDemon
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM

Having the second best center in the league isn't so bad. :D

ThunderousDemon
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Ken Berger:
Nets "making progress" on finding a third team to take Kris Humphries in a scenario that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, source says.

Isn't Kris Humphries a UFA?

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
One possible destination for Humphries is Cleveland, who would get the forward in a sign-and-trade arrangement, source says.

Ken Berger

D12 fan
07-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Man Brooklyn will be legit threats to Miami if they land D12.

jayjay33
07-08-2012, 06:18 PM

But now, we really really need shooters, slashers and in your face defenders on that 2nd unit. And hopefully one of those shooter/slasher/defenders is a good playmaker.

Maybe....mayo?

We could have got lee. Houston was open to s&t.... and mavs were For session. Could have worked out a thrre team. But we are to busy chasing a guy that doesnt want to be a laker!
We still have not resigned Jordan... I wish they would just hurry up and stnf him to the nets for we lose out on everything with this silly as ****!

Wolfman01
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
The Nets right now are weighting their options and of course they want to trade him in a package for Dwight Howard.