PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat Big 3 vs New York Knicks Big 3.

WSUJJ
07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Stoud, Chand, and Melo.
Bron, Wadester, and Boshrex.

The big three of each team each equals to 51 million a year, but yet it seems Knicks are still trying to get that next expensive player, like nash and Lin. How come the Heat don't have room to get one too?

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 02:40 PM
NY does not have a big 3.

The rest of what you wrote is some rubbish. Miami has 2 of the top 20 players in the league. NY has 3 of the top 40 players.

AKAYaReal
07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
In this case, I believe the OP is talking in terms of contracts. I know sometimes its second nature to you to shoot down the Knicks.

black1605
07-08-2012, 02:42 PM

The rest of what you wrote is some rubbish. Miami has 2 of the top 20 players in the league. NY has 3 of the top 40 players.

This. The Heat just won a championship, they need to maintain. Knicks need to improve.

godolphins
07-08-2012, 02:48 PM

This. The Knicks don't have a big 3.

ichitownclowni
07-08-2012, 02:48 PM
This. The Heat just won a championship, they need to maintain. Knicks need to improve.

You hit the nail on the head. But IMO every team need's to get better ya know?

rickshaw
07-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Stoud, Chand, and Melo.

The big three of each team each equals to 51 million a year, but yet it seems Knicks are still trying to get that next expensive player, like nash and Lin. How come the Heat don't have room to get one too?

Lin has Bird Rights so the Knicks can match.

And they would have to sign and trade for Nash. The Heat could have too, but they would have traded multiple pieces, and don't have too much desired youth like NY has with Shumpert and Fields. And Nash seemed to be down to a few teams. And the Heat just got Ray Allen.

Becks2307
07-08-2012, 03:03 PM
wow people look for any chance to hate on the knicks. The guy here is OBVIOUSLY talking about contracts, and nothing about the level of players

WSUJJ
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm saying that each 3 players of the team takes up 51 million in salary, making up a big three in each case.

mdm692
07-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Hahahahaha I guess since Lebron got a ring we have to make the Knicks enemy #1.

knicks=love
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
In before close

ryang
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Its because we have contracts like mike miller, u.d., chalmers ect ect..

Evolution23
07-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Knicks easily. Miami has 2 of the top 100 players in the league and the other one is from the Jurassic era.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Miami easily. Knicks have 2 of the top 100 players in the league and the other one just likes to punch things.

We finally can agree on something. But this is not about who is better, because there is no debate their. Its about why the knicks top 3 players cost as much as miami's top 3 players, yet the knicks are still looking for key pieces to contend.

GoneGuru
07-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Just no.

NYKnickFanatic
07-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Knicks suck dick. They dont have a big three.

Melo is trash, Amare is washed up, Chandler is ugly.

What is this guy thinking?

ryang
07-08-2012, 04:01 PM
the knicks didnt have the advantage we did (old cba new cba).. We added players like haslem and miller.. now the knicks can try and find pieces

mark1125
07-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Seriously? Do people just make threads about Miami because they now people will reply. this isn'teven debateable. :facepalm:

mark1125
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
In before close

Ha.....the mods love a Heat circle jerk. This one will flourish for awhile. LOL.

Yanks All Day
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
The Knicks are still trying to make big moves because their Big 3 is not as well rounded as Miami's. LeBron is the best player in the world and does everything. Wade can do everything as well, but to a lesser extent than LeBron. Bosh is also a skilled scorer who clearly has shown the ability to defend other team's big men capably. Therefore, when Miami looks for pieces, it comes to guys like Miller and Allen who can spot shoot and Batter and Chalmers who can play defense and hit open shots.

The Knicks, on the other hand, need role players who can play bigger than what they should need because their stars are one dimensional. Carmelo Anythony is a top 2 scorer in the league who doesn't like playing defense or passing the ball, Amare has yet to grasp the defensive side of the game, and Chandler is a defensive big man with a limited offensive game. Therefore, they need guys like JR Smith and Nash/Lin who can handle the ball, distribute, and score on their own. You see what happens to the one dimensional guys like Novak in the Knicks system: when they are off or defended well, they're completely useless, and the Knicks get beat down. Miami doesn't have that problem, because their Big 3 can do a lot more than the Knicks can, and in turn cover up the holes that some of their pure shooters and defenders bring to the table. Miami doesn't NEED another big piece. The Knicks do.

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Knicks have a big 1 Carmelo Anthony. Amare isnt anywhere close to an all star anymore thats like someone calling Marion as part of a big 3 in Dallas or something.

John Walls Era
07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Ray Allen is more vital than Amare.

NBAFan2012
07-08-2012, 04:21 PM
As much as I would like the Knicks to really have a "big 3" ...they dont.
As long as they have Carmelo Anthony on their team they are not going to do anything in the East and that sucks because as NBA fans we deserve to have SOMEONE, ANYONE give the Heat a challenge in the playoffs.

StarvingKnick22
07-08-2012, 04:22 PM
knicks have along way to go. but guys be serious. Melo is the tenth best player in the League maybe even higher. Chandler is about 22nd. Miami is still the top team for two more years

WSUJJ
07-08-2012, 04:24 PM
we finally can agree on something. But this is not about who is better, because there is no debate their. Its about why the knicks top 3 players cost as much as miami's top 3 players, yet the knicks are still looking for key pieces to contend.

this

MetroMan
07-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Knicks are a joke. They don't care about getting chips.....only filling seats is what they truly want

LongIslandIcedZ
07-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Do people only read the title and not read the contents of the posts whatsoever?

It wasnt a talent question, it was a contract question.

I believe its because the Knicks had a few guys they could extend with bird rights. They had the 2 exceptions which I assume are being used on Camby and Kidd, and veterans minimums.

WSUJJ
07-08-2012, 04:36 PM
^ Thank you for clearing that up!!!

NYKnicksAllDay
07-08-2012, 04:37 PM

I'd argue that it's 3 of the top 20 players.

smith&wesson
07-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe the knicks are ok with spending the lux tax money :shrug:

LA_Raiders
07-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Big 3? Only Miami Cheat has one... 3 All Stars in a team

flatbush knicks
07-08-2012, 04:45 PM
omg what a troll thread the heat just won a championship while my guys barely made the playoffs bad move by our gm using the amnesty and cap space for chandler but whatever i hope we make the best out of it this year

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Knicks have a big 1 Carmelo Anthony. Amare isnt anywhere close to an all star anymore thats like someone calling Marion as part of a big 3 in Dallas or something.

You talking?? That fraud of a max player you got in Deron Williams! What has he done since he's been a Net?? I'll wait... NOTHING!! No playoffs or anything! In fact his numbers have declined since being traded away from that very friendly point guard system the great Jerry Sloan created :facepalm:

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
And to the Miami fans.... Enjoy your title, it's gonna be a lonely one. You beat my Knicks, but we were no where near 100% We'll be there in the playoffs again, and I kinna like my chances with a second shot at you with the entire roster. You have a chip, but you guys are no dynasty!

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
You talking?? That fraud of a max player you got in Deron Williams! What has he done since he's been a Net?? I'll wait... NOTHING!! No playoffs or anything! In fact his numbers have declined since being traded away from that very friendly point guard system the great Jerry Sloan created :facepalm:

Are you serious? How can you start comparing what I said about Amare to one of the best pgs in the game? What is the flaw in Derons game? NONE Can Pass, Shoot, is athletic, play defense, shoot free throws, post up so what about him is fraud?

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Are you serious? How can you start comparing what I said about Amare to one of the best pgs in the game? What is the flaw in Derons game? NONE Can Pass, Shoot, is athletic, play defense, shoot free throws, post up so what about him is fraud?

I can compare beacuse they both came to dismal teams at a max salary, they both were all stars, only Amare has had more, but the difference was Amare put the Knicks on his back and put them in position to make the playoffs. He was an early MVP candidate when he came. And Deron was what?? What did he do?? His numbers went down, couldn't make no one better. Keep it real!

NYKnicksAllDay
07-08-2012, 04:54 PM
^^Homer alert.

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm not with all the hype, actually Utah made the playoffs this year without him! Devin Harris and Derrick Favors. And the Nets didn't!

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I can compare beacuse they both came to dismal teams at a max salary, they both were all stars, only Amare has had more, but the difference was Amare put the Knicks on his back and put them in position to make the playoffs. He was an early MVP candidate when he came. And Deron was what?? What did he do?? His numbers went down, couldn't make no one better. Keep it real!

Amare had actual talent around him Gallo,Wilson Chandler,Felton,Fields *rookie* and Deron was without a Center and 2nd best player on the NEts Brook Lopez..He had Shelden Williams as the center and his first year with the Nets he played 12 games. Amare might have more but Tracy Mcgrady had more should be consider him part of ATLs big 3? No. Amare sucks now even Knick fans say..while Deron is in the prime of his career.

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
^^Homer alert.

I hope your talking about domefavors... I'm talking facts!

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Amare had actual talent around him Gallo,Wilson Chandler,Felton,Fields *rookie* and Deron was without a Center and 2nd best player on the NEts Brook Lopez..He had Shelden Williams as the center and his first year with the Nets he played 12 games. Amare might have more but Tracy Mcgrady had more should be consider him part of ATLs big 3? No. Amare sucks now even Knick fans say..while Deron is in the prime of his career.

Now the Knicks players were talented?? C'mon man. Keep it real, if you have a max player on your team, playoffs is expected. We not gonna lower the bar for the so called best point guard in the league, and raise it for Amare. Cut the crap!

knickfan33
07-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Stoud, Chand, and Melo.

you mean the knicks big three of

chandler,lin,melo....

NYKnicksAllDay
07-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I hope your talking about domefavors... I'm talking facts!

Maybe you should take a look at the rosters before you make idiotic arguments. The Nets second best player played a total of five games last year. FIVE. If Melo was a Net and Deron was a Knick you would argue Deron was better because you are a homer. Plain and simple.

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Now the Knicks players were talented?? C'mon man. Keep it real, if you have a max player on your team, playoffs is expected. We not gonna lower the bar for the so called best point guard in the league, and raise it for Amare. Cut the crap!

Guess playoffs should have been expected when Dwayne Wade won 15 games in Miami, or the year Kobe didnt make the playoffs, or Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce. Guess they are all frauds...and Garnett,Kobe,Paul,Wade are hall of famers

U LOSE!

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
People love to bash the Knicks, and you know what?? That's cool, but let's not get stupid with it. The Nets are suppossed to be better than the Knicks now because they have JJ?? Please! If they would have at least made the damn playoffs, we could have this conversation, but they didn't. They were a lottery team once again.

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Maybe you should take a look at the rosters before you make idiotic arguments. The Nets second best player played a total of five games last year. FIVE. If Melo was a Net and Deron was a Knick you would argue Deron was better because you are a homer. Plain and simple.

How many injuries did we have to deal with?? Shump, Amare, Melo, Davis, and Lin. C'mon...

SaimuKala
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Heat has two top 5 players in the league, one top 20

Knicks has one top 10 and 2 top 40 probably

knickfan33
07-08-2012, 05:04 PM
hell id even put shump above stat at this point, stat is the knicks weakness now....

we dont need 25 ppg from a PF right now, we need defence and rebounding..

camby signing would be huge for us

flatbush knicks
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
lmao now the nets have 2 of the most overrated players in the league in dwill and jj

knickfan33
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Heat has two top 5 players in the league, one top 20

Knicks has one top 10 and 2 top 40 probably

wade isnt top 5....end of argument.

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Joe Johnson > Amare

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Guess playoffs should have been expected when Dwayne Wade won 15 games in Miami, or the year Kobe didnt make the playoffs, or Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce. Guess they are all frauds...and Garnett,Kobe,Paul,Wade are hall of famers

U LOSE!

I don't lose, when those caliber players don't make the playoffs, they get ridiculed. That's how it goes. When you win you get the glory. I remember KG, Kobe, and many others getting it bad from the media. I remember when they said Kevin Garnett lacked heart and couldn't come up in those big moments. I remember when Kobe was called a selfish player and how he couldnt win a chip without Shaq.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM

Melo's numbers have declined since he came to New York, too.

MTL_123
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM

name them :confused:

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't lose, when those caliber players don't make the playoffs, they get ridiculed. That's how it goes. When you win you get the glory. I remember KG, Kobe, and many others getting it bad from the media. I remember when they said Kevin Garnett lacked heart and couldn't come up in those big moments. I remember when Kobe was called a selfish player and how he couldnt win a chip without Shaq.

But we arent talking about the media we are talking about Deron not being worth the contract and him being a fraud...where is this media stuff coming from? Stay on topic

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Joe Johnson > Amare

You guys did the hawks the biggest favor in the league! Actually it was so dumb that they should investigate the trade. It was lopsided, in great favor of the hawks!

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:11 PM
You guys did the hawks the biggest favor in the league! Actually it was so dumb that they should investigate the trade. It was lopsided, in great favor of the hawks!

I love the trade for the Nets!

Quietmoney
But we arent talking about the media we are talking about Deron not being worth the contract and him being a fraud...where is this media stuff coming from? Stay on topic

I am on topic, the media makes him out to be this really great player, but he's done nothing great for you guys. And if he's better than Amare, then you should expect better results. And that he hasn't given you, no argument there!

NYKnicksAllDay
How many injuries did we have to deal with?? Shump, Amare, Melo, Davis, and Lin. C'mon...

Shumpert only missed 7. Melo missed 11. Yes we had to deal with injuries, but our depth helped keep us afloat. Did the Nets have anywhere close to the depth we did? No.

flatbush knicks
07-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Joe Johnson > Amare

melo> dwill
chandler>g wallace
lin> the rest of your team
whats your point:facepalm:

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I love the trade for the Nets!

I bet you the hawks love it more! I thought to myself, the hawks would never get rid of that nasty contract, I thought no team would pick that up. Then came the over desperate Nets... It's shame. When he went out, the hawks didn't miss a beat. They were hoping a team would take that contract off their books.

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I am on topic, the media makes him out to be this really great player, but he's done nothing great for you guys. And if he's better than Amare, then you should expect better results. And that he hasn't given you, no argument there!

Because he is...have you never seen him play? What happened when Kobe got Gasol, or when Paul got KG and Allen they became a better team. Nets had the most injurys in the NBA. Cant expect him to make the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I bet you the hawks love it more! I thought to myself, the hawks would never get rid of that nasty contract, I thought no team would pick that up. Then came the over desperate Nets... It's shame. When he went out, the hawks didn't miss a beat. They were hoping a team would take that contract off their books.

Cant love it as much as Deron did, because he signed the contract! Deron and Joe Johnson is the best backcourt in the NBA dont hate. Seems like your a little jealous.

KnickaBocka.44
07-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Cant love it as much as Deron did, because he signed the contract! Deron and Joe Johnson is the best backcourt in the NBA dont hate. Seems like your a little jealous.

Not even the best backcourt put together this offseason, I will take Kobe-Nash FTW

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:18 PM
melo> dwill
chandler>g wallace
lin> the rest of your team
whats your point:facepalm:

Um no to the first 1
Def no to the 2nd one Gerald Wallace started on the bobcats, Chandler sat the bench lmao
Lin = bum that played good for a month
Brook Lopez = better than your entire team

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Because he is...have you never seen him play? What happened when Kobe got Gasol, or when Paul got KG and Allen they became a better team. Nets had the most injurys in the NBA. Cant expect him to make the playoffs.

Of course I've seen him play, I watched Lin baptize with Linsanity! Made his name on Deron. Thanks to him, the Knicks found their point guard and Lin is gonna get paid.

MTL_123
07-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Tommy Dee:
Quote:
Word is in these ears Howard to Nets about done... Cleveland sounds like the 3rd team involved. Stay tuned.

1 minute ago

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Not even the best backcourt put together this offseason, I will take Kobe-Nash FTW

Well the NBA tv crew C Webber and Dennis said they would take Joe Johnson and Deron

YoungOne
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
you dont understand the rules of the salary cap, do you?

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Tommy Dee:
Quote:
Word is in these ears Howard to Nets about done... Cleveland sounds like the 3rd team involved. Stay tuned.

1 minute ago

Dwight Howard > Knicks

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Is this some type of sick joke?

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Well the NBA tv crew C Webber and Dennis said they would take Joe Johnson and Deron

lol and shaq said last year after a laker game, Bynum was better than Dwight

knickfan447
07-08-2012, 05:28 PM

Don't they at least have to play a game before people put that they are the "best" label.? what if they do not mesh well!?

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:30 PM
lol and shaq said last year after a laker game, Bynum was better than Dwight

Deron and JJ play better defense, are younger, more athletic

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 05:32 PM

He sure is. I will just assume you are trolling.

knickfan447
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Um no to the first 1
Def no to the 2nd one Gerald Wallace started on the bobcats, Chandler sat the bench lmao
Lin = bum that played good for a month
Brook Lopez = better than your entire team
Tyson Chandler is the defensive player of the year i mean you all do not think with logic?...Amare Stoudamire's brother was killed basketball was the last thing on his mind, and Carmelo anthony was overweight and is now slim the knicks finished in second place last year not last. smh

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Tyson Chandler is the defensive player of the year i mean you all do not think with logic?...Amare Stoudamire's brother was killed basketball was the last thing on his mind, and Carmelo anthony was overweight and is now slim the knicks finish in second place lasty year not last. smh

Amare sucked before his brother died, Tyson Chandler was 2nd team all defense according to COACHES not the media who dont know about basketball..Wallace has a defensive 1st team, does Chandler? No

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Deron and JJ play better defense, are younger, more athletic

I am not disagreeing, I am laughing at the fact you used dudes on the NBA channel validate your claim

Chill_Will_24
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I came in here expecting to read an interesting discussion after seeing it had so many pages... turns out it was just 6 pages of trolling. Seems every thread turns into a Nets vs Knicks troll fest

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I am not disagreeing, I am laughing at the fact you used dudes on the NBA channel validate your claim

Their job is to talk about the NBA so I used their opinion to go along with mine.

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 05:40 PM
I came in here expecting to read an interesting discussion after seeing it had so many pages... turns out it was just 6 pages of trolling. Seems every thread turns into a Nets vs Knicks troll fest

That's because every thread that has something to do with the Knicks, has people bashing them. It's ok when it's people that root for teams that has been winning, but when it's a fan of a team like the Nets, it's just not tolerable. There a damn lottery team every year!

NYKnicksAllDay
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
That's because every thread that has something to do with the Knicks, has people bashing them. It's ok when it's people that root for teams that has been winning, but when it's a fan of a team like the Nets, it's just not tolerable. There a damn lottery team every year!

Not anymore.

knickfan447
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Amare sucked before his brother died, Tyson Chandler was 2nd team all defense according to COACHES not the media who dont know about basketball..Wallace has a defensive 1st team, does Chandler? No

He helped Dallas win a ring !!! , Amare Stoudamire is going to hush a lot of people up and play like he is capable and the knicks will be in first place.

cssdmark
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Some people on this site must be smoking medicinal marijuana, Lin is part of a big three. That is like saying Randy Foye can be part of a big three. Comparing Deron to STAT is comparing apples and oranges. One is a power forward and the other is a point guard. Stat was a perennial allstar until last year but I must admit he is a system player. If Deron would have went to New York, New York would have been in the playoffs because he would have fit in with STAT perfectly. STAT needs a point guard. Deron is a very good point guard but cannot carry a team. Carmelo can carry a team maybe to the playoffs but no further, he needs help. Every star needs players around them, even Michael Jordan could not get it done alone. Lebron is the best player in the league hands down and he carried Cleveland to a finals but could not get it done by himself and that is why he made the move to Miami. I do not believe STAT is all of a sudden a scrub. STAT had a down year but also he does not fit with Carmelo. Put Stat on a team that runs and he can be an allstar again. Straight up Stat can handle Bosch. Carmelo can score with Lebron and we do not have an answer for Dwayne Wade. Chandler is good but without an offensive game we cannot exploit Miami's weakness which is in the post and we do not have a guard that can breakdown their defense either. So we are easy to defend. Lin is not part of a big ghree because he is not talented enough. Now give me Chris Paul with STAT and Carmelo( how it was originally suppose to go down) and that will be a big three capable of handling Miami.

goose14741
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
The fact that your the first person to respond to each thread, (caused by the lack of a life) doesn't make everything u say factual or remotley meaningful. You act like your THE WORD OF PSD, reality check, nobody worships you

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

knickfan447
07-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Not anymore.

The Brooklyn Nets are going to be the Philadelphia eagles of the nba make a million moves and still suck.

goose14741
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM
To justinballs

The fact that your the first person to respond to each thread, (caused by the lack of a life) doesn't make everything u say factual or remotley meaningful. You act like your THE WORD OF PSD, reality check, nobody worships you

Gritz
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Their job is to talk about the NBA so I used their opinion to go along with mine.

So can I say Bynum is better than Howard because Shaq said it?

knickfan447
07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Some people on this site must be smoking medicinal marijuana, Lin is part of a big three. That is like saying Randy Foye can be part of a big three. Comparing Deron to STAT is comparing apples and oranges. One is a power forward and the other is a point guard. Stat was a perennial allstar until last year but I must admit he is a system player. If Deron would have went to New York, New York would have been in the playoffs because he would have fit in with STAT perfectly. STAT needs a point guard. Deron is a very good point guard but cannot carry a team. Carmelo can carry a team maybe to the playoffs but no further, he needs help. Every star needs players around them, even Michael Jordan could not get it done alone. Lebron is the best player in the league hands down and he carried Cleveland to a finals but could not get it done by himself and that is why he made the move to Miami. I do not believe STAT is all of a sudden a scrub. STAT had a down year but also he does not fit with Carmelo. Put Stat on a team that runs and he can be an allstar again. Straight up Stat can handle Bosch. Carmelo can score with Lebron and we do not have an answer for Dwayne Wade. Chandler is good but without an offensive game we cannot exploit Miami's weakness which is in the post and we do not have a guard that can breakdown their defense either. So we are easy to defend. Lin is not part of a big ghree because he is not talented enough. Now give me Chris Paul with STAT and Carmelo( how it was originally suppose to go down) and that will be a big three capable of handling Miami.

I think the original poster was asking is why are the heat Broke.lol

DoMeFavors
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
So can I say Bynum is better than Howard because Shaq said it?

If you want to, its your opinion

NYK|NYY
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Lol if you actually read the OP, the following post literally has nothing to do with the topic.

ryang
07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
And to the Miami fans.... Enjoy your title, it's gonna be a lonely one. You beat my Knicks, but we were no where near 100% We'll be there in the playoffs again, and I kinna like my chances with a second shot at you with the entire roster. You have a chip, but you guys are no dynasty!

lmao.. Good story bro.. we look forward to beating you again.. Your team was hurt I agree but your not a better team period.. I do agree with you on one thing tho.. Knicks > nets... Id say why but it should be pretty obvious.. Good luck next year but your not beating the heat in a 7 game series.. sorry

THE MTL
07-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Wallace has a defensive 1st team.....Tyson Chandler has a championship ring.

NYMetropolitans
07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Lin, Melo, and Tyson can form a big 3 in the future if Lin is retained...but other than that the Knicks don't currently have a "big 3".

ryang
07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
chandler > wallace.. knicks > nets.. If you cant see why then woooow

NYK|NYY
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Why can't New York have a "Big 3" but the sum of their parts just aren't as good or great as Miami or Boston's (when they had Ray)

And honestly this thread is so off track and the blame should rest squarly on the OP's shoulders for poorly wording the title and then asking something cap related

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 06:21 PM
chandler > wallace.. knicks > nets.. If you cant see why then woooow

After this week when dwight is on the nets then it wont even be a question who is better.

ryang
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
After this week when dwight is on the nets then it wont even be a question who is better.

until the nets get dwight knicks> nets... and i hate the knicks

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
until the nets get dwight knicks> nets... and i hate the knicks

agree, but i think its a lot closer than most do.

but once the nets get dwight which will be this week i think, it wont be close at all.

ryang
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
as long as he doesnt go to L.A. im happy

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Why can't New York have a "Big 3" but the sum of their parts just aren't as good or great as Miami or Boston's (when they had Ray)

And honestly this thread is so off track and the blame should rest squarly on the OP's shoulders for poorly wording the title and then asking something cap related

I didn't ask anything cap related! What are you talking about?? I'm saying Deron Williams hasn't done nothing in the last two friken years, so how the hell is he top two or three best point guard? The win column and the numbers say he's not.

Quietmoney
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM

but once the nets get dwight which will be this week i think, it wont be close at all.

And when the Knicks time travel back to 2010 and get LbJ, it won't even be close either. :facepalm:

NYKnicksAllDay
07-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I didn't ask anything cap related! What are you talking about?? I'm saying Deron Williams hasn't done nothing in the last two friken years, so how the hell is he top two or three best point guard? The win column and the numbers say he's not.

He wasn't talking about you.

Bigbadmoffo
07-08-2012, 06:46 PM
In before close

Lol!! burned!

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
And when the Knicks time travel back to 2010 and get LbJ, it won't even be close either. :facepalm:

Have fun time traveling thinking about the what could of happens :laugh2:

WSUJJ
07-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I wonder if Lebron would ever do what Allen did...

Glen20
07-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Big 3? Only Miami Cheat has one... 3 All Stars in a team

we got em discounted as well :D

Becks2307
07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
This may be the worst responded thread on PSD.

The question was already answered...knicks kept players on their roster with bird's right etc etc. Miami gutted their whole roster.

You can sign players on bird rights over the cap, thats why the knicks are still able to throw money at people but miami is more limited in that regard. Also Miller's contract is pretty big if i can recall.

Becks2307
07-09-2012, 12:07 AM

I don't even blame the OP. I blame the american schooling system. The sheer level of ignorance posted in this thread is appalling. The question was in no way shape or form questioning the talent level of the knicks big 3 to miami's...how would that even be a ****ing question..did they not just win a chip with the games best player? Obviously as the OP stated its cap related.

aussie
07-09-2012, 12:51 AM
lol

WSUJJ
07-09-2012, 08:43 AM

**** you too

Whomewhome
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
vs Brooklyn's big 5

bbiq
07-09-2012, 09:09 AM
It's about commitment,while last season was in a lock out process LeBron was practicing ,wade was working out ,Bosh was building muscle and our big 3 was doing absolutely nothing

Knicks21
07-09-2012, 09:30 AM

A depleted roster afterwards I still think it will be pretty close. Plus like 1st rounders under 2021.

NYJ - NYY
07-09-2012, 09:31 AM
The Knicks are still trying to make big moves because their Big 3 is not as well rounded as Miami's. LeBron is the best player in the world and does everything. Wade can do everything as well, but to a lesser extent than LeBron. Bosh is also a skilled scorer who clearly has shown the ability to defend other team's big men capably. Therefore, when Miami looks for pieces, it comes to guys like Miller and Allen who can spot shoot and Batter and Chalmers who can play defense and hit open shots.

The Knicks, on the other hand, need role players who can play bigger than what they should need because their stars are one dimensional. Carmelo Anythony is a top 2 scorer in the league who doesn't like playing defense or passing the ball, Amare has yet to grasp the defensive side of the game, and Chandler is a defensive big man with a limited offensive game. Therefore, they need guys like JR Smith and Nash/Lin who can handle the ball, distribute, and score on their own. You see what happens to the one dimensional guys like Novak in the Knicks system: when they are off or defended well, they're completely useless, and the Knicks get beat down. Miami doesn't have that problem, because their Big 3 can do a lot more than the Knicks can, and in turn cover up the holes that some of their pure shooters and defenders bring to the table. Miami doesn't NEED another big piece. The Knicks do.

100% agree best post in this thread