PDA

View Full Version : Do you think KG/Pierce HATE Allen

cutiepie80
07-08-2012, 02:49 AM
After KG stayed loyal and Pierce stayed committed, do you think they hate this guy? They have to.

Ray Allen is one of the best ballplayers of all time and even if he wins a ring, he through out his whole bond in Boston. I bet Pierce and KG hate his guts right now.

bearadonisdna
07-08-2012, 03:02 AM
Idk.

raiderposting
07-08-2012, 03:04 AM
I think they do hate him, for sure

ACanadian
07-08-2012, 03:06 AM
I think they are more disappointed then mad

shen
07-08-2012, 03:07 AM
I thought it was said KG gave his blessing?

MintBerryCrunch
07-08-2012, 03:07 AM
No way they could hate him, dissapointed for sure though.

Houston_Heat
07-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery, plus hes going to retire to So Beach anyways..

Also, his rift with Rondo and Ainge dangling him in trade rumors (a la Memphis) didnt help either. I dont recall KG/Pierce being involved in trades.

Structures
07-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Some people are kind of overplaying this Heat/Celtics rivalry. Sure the games are intense, but most of them are friends off the court anyways. (I miss when players/teams disliked each other though...)

I heard Ray just wants to basically retire in Florida. Shooting 3's with Miami, playing golf, going to the beach....

And why does he have to be loyal to Boston? He played the majority of his career with Seattle and Milwaukee anyways.

Steelers23_06
07-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Some people are kind of overplaying this Heat/Celtics rivalry. Sure the games are intense, but most of them are friends off the court anyways. (I miss when players/teams disliked each other though...)

I heard Ray just wants to basically retire in Florida. Shooting 3's with Miami, playing golf, going to the beach....

And why does he have to be loyal to Boston? He played the majority of his career with Seattle and Milwaukee anyways.

completely false. they are NOT friends which adds fuel to it and is what is made the rialvry talks develope. at all-star games they dont even talk. not pierce and allen (as you can see from the recent mickey tweet) as much as kg and rondo. respect yes but off court buddies i call bs here.

celtics 34
07-08-2012, 03:24 AM
I think they are more disappointed then mad

This

Losoway
07-08-2012, 03:30 AM
why would they be mad? they know the celtics treated ray allen like crap before the trade deadline and they know that him and rondo doesnt like each other and they also know that with the rise of bradley and the arrival of terry

ray allen would have been getting like 10-15 minutes a game
they should be happy there friend found a place where he is appreciated

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2012, 03:36 AM
I think whatever bond the formed playing together for five years means more to them than where Allen is going to be playing ball next season. Maybe there is a lot of tension behind the scenes, but when you go into battle with a guy for five years, and win a championship together, I don't think a bond like that can ever be broken. I'm sure Steve Nash and Amare are still friends. Joe Dumars and Grany Hill are still friends. Teams mates leave sometimes, it's part of the business. I'm sure they respect him as much as ever.

AP=MVP
07-08-2012, 03:42 AM
He helped get them both a ring (their only one), no hate.

rocket
07-08-2012, 03:49 AM
I would, how the **** do you leave your family in Boston, to your rivals.

akesh99
07-08-2012, 04:04 AM
They dangled him in trades all season, demoted him to a bench role and lastly, all but replaced him with the Terry signing. If there was any hope of Allen resigning it was his loyalty to Pierce and KG not to Ainge or the Celtics. I would've dipped if I were him too.

seikou8
07-08-2012, 04:12 AM
here we go psd acting like they know these guys

STL Don
07-08-2012, 04:16 AM
This is just reality and they already were blessed enough to team up and get that first ring amongst eachother which created themselves quite a nice run to cap off the prime of their well known highly tainted careers.
It was a great run and it would have been nice to see him come back and finish his career in Boston but obviously Allen has a strong passion for the game and felt very open to the idea of pushing it even further with another championship caliber team where he can once again use his talents as an asset in hopes of winning one more ring to seal the deal.

ewmania
07-08-2012, 04:16 AM
i think allen has a vendetta against the celtics organization... but hey thats just the business, owners do it all the time, cant get mad

lakersiznumber1
07-08-2012, 04:19 AM
dont think they hate him but im sure they think hes a sell out. i guess lebron wont b the only 1 been called a b**** this year :D

kobebabe
07-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Hate? No. Mad and disappointed? Ofcourse they would be lying if they said differently. I don't blame him for leaving. There is a reason he was seeking a no trade clause from boston. They dangled him in trade rumors a lot and apparently that didn't help their case at the end. Who knows, may be they wanted to keep him as a future trade bait. Good job Ray ;)

kobebabe
07-08-2012, 04:31 AM
here we go psd acting like they know these guys

Its not about knowing these guys. Its about what we think they felt. Kinda like how we would feel if we were in their shoes. Get it? Thanks

SACNYY
07-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Kobe does

naps
07-08-2012, 05:19 AM
After KG stayed loyal and Pierce stayed committed, do you think they hate this guy? They have to.

Ray Allen is one of the best ballplayers of all time and even if he wins a ring, he through out his whole bond in Boston. I bet Pierce and KG hate his guts right now.

No. They probably don't hate him. I am sure they understand what professionalism means and they understand hate is such a strong thing unlike you who has been crying ever since Ray took his talents to South Beach.

Were they disappointed? You bet.

bagwell368
07-08-2012, 05:28 AM

Hate? Players are like other players. Sports is a business, not some High School rah rah team.

Bond? Oh dear.

AnthonyTyrael
07-08-2012, 06:36 AM
He let them down but NBA is business first.

Alayla
07-08-2012, 06:56 AM
I think KG and PP are smarter then that and mature enough not to confuse presonal and professional.

JARVIS123
07-08-2012, 07:02 AM
they not mad at ray they just mad he's playing 4 the heat a the team who knocked them out of the eastern confrence the past 2 yrs.

IceMan360
07-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I think whatever bond the formed playing together for five years means more to them than where Allen is going to be playing ball next season. Maybe there is a lot of tension behind the scenes, but when you go into battle with a guy for five years, and win a championship together, I don't think a bond like that can ever be broken. I'm sure Steve Nash and Amare are still friends. Joe Dumars and Grany Hill are still friends. Teams mates leave sometimes, it's part of the business. I'm sure they respect him as much as ever.

This to an extent.....plus they're all grown adults and they know it was more of a business decision than a personal one. So why be mad

MadBomber
07-08-2012, 07:04 AM
no way they could hate him, dissapointed for sure though.

+1

torocan
07-08-2012, 07:48 AM
If you had a friend at a job for 5 years, would you Hate them if they quit to work for a competitor because they were unhappy?

Or would you be saddened, but support them in whatever they think will make them happy?

Only unreasonable sports fans attribute something as strong as Hate to a player trying to find a job that they enjoy going to in the morning.

Allen played out his contract, helped get the C's a championship, and wasn't chasing money.

Time for the C's fans to move on.

knicksfan42
07-08-2012, 08:19 AM
He helped get them both a ring (their only one), no hate.

They helped him win a ring. Then he goes to their biggest enemy in the East, the team they just lost to in 7 games in the ECF. Yea expect some hate and rightfully so.

knicksfan42
07-08-2012, 08:21 AM
He let them down but NBA is business first.

Allen would get paid twice the amount the Heat are paying him on the Celtics.

Jamiecballer
07-08-2012, 08:25 AM
They helped him win a ring. Then he goes to their biggest enemy in the East, the team they just lost to in 7 games in the ECF. Yea expect some hate and rightfully so.

ohhh. so that's how it worked. i thought it was a group effort.

Yankeefan213
07-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Pierce- No idea if he hates him or not.

KG- Well, he hates everyone that is not on his team, so probaby.

Rondo definitely hates him ahaha

naztrack
07-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't no but my boy Rondo sure do

Swashcuff
07-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Why are fans such ******** I mean seriously do any of us know the exact details as per Ray Allen decision. So how in the blue **** can you come a definite conclusion that Ray Allen sold out. What if Ray didn't feel welcomed in Boston any more by KG, Pierce and Rondo what if he felt he was being illtreated by management, what if the man just wanted a fresh start?

You guys hating on Allen are complete retards.

Yankeefan213
07-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Why are fans such ******** I mean seriously do any of us know the exact details as per Ray Allen decision. So how in the blue **** can you come a definite conclusion that Ray Allen sold out. What if Ray didn't feel welcomed in Boston any more by KG, Pierce and Rondo what if he felt he was being illtreated by management, what if the man just wanted a fresh start?

First off, I don't hate him for going to Miami. He obviously thought he had a better shot to win there. On the other hand, I can see why Celtics fans hate him.

Secondly, he was offered more money by Boston, so how would he feel poorly treated by management?

Iron24th
07-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Allen is a traitor

knicksfan42
07-08-2012, 08:59 AM

Then no one in the history of anything could have sold out, because you don't "know the exact details as per their decision" unless they admit they sold out of course. There weren't reports of any problems other than a possible one with Rondo. The point is that Ray Allen went to the arch rival of the team he won a ring with and competed for a ring with for years for half the price. It is definitely a slap in the face to KG, Pierce, and Celtics fans. Hopefully KG lays him out hard the first game they meet.

Reversed86Curse
07-08-2012, 09:07 AM
I doubt they hate him, that is too strong of a word. How can you blame him for feeling the way he did? As a man, you have to respect someone for looking for respect, too. He obviously didn't feel respected in Boston, and this was obviously the best thing for him as a person. Friends don't hate their friends for that.

BALLER R
07-08-2012, 09:15 AM
I think they do. If it was any other team then maybe not but it's the fact he chose Miami over them. It might of seemed disrespectful to them.

Swashcuff
07-08-2012, 09:21 AM
First off, I don't hate him for going to Miami. He obviously thought he had a better shot to win there. On the other hand, I can see why Celtics fans hate him.

The same "fans" who hate Ray Allen are the same idiotic kind of fans who hate Steve Nash for leaving the Suns. Ray Allen gave that franchise his everything when he was there and you're going to hate him for making a decision for the betterment of his career instead of wishing him the best and hating the MOVE he made rather than the player. That isn't a true fan IMO that's an idiot.

Secondly, he was offered more money by Boston, so how would he feel poorly treated by management?

Oh I guess you didn't pay attention to the fact that his name has been mentioned in trade rumours for the great part of the last two NBA seasons and that he was very nearly traded to Memphis last season. I guess you missed the fact that he despite the fact that he was offered more money they gave more money than that to Jason Terry and had they been in a position to made a trade again this upcoming season or anytime going forward he'd be one of their most sort after assets and likely trade chips as well.

Just because he was offered more money than he was by Miami doesn't mean that that is the end all.

Swashcuff
07-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Then no one in the history of anything could have sold out, because you don't "know the exact details as per their decision" unless they admit they sold out of course.

Proving the last part of my last post right here.

There weren't reports of any problems other than a possible one with Rondo.

Were there any reports of Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard nearly coming to blows last season? I take it that if there were more reports then your opinion should change no? Also Rondo is now labelled as the team's FRANCHISE player, if your FRANCHISE player doesn't care for you to be around does it even make any sense being where you aren't wanted?

The point is that Ray Allen went to the arch rival of the team he won a ring with and competed for a ring with for years for half the price. It is definitely a slap in the face to KG, Pierce, and Celtics fans. Hopefully KG lays him out hard the first game they meet.

A slap in the face? What Rajon Rondo did was a SLAP in the face. Ray Allen gave his everything to that team even showing more heart than the longest standing member in Paul Pierce on more occasions than not.

ATX
07-08-2012, 09:36 AM
How could they hate him? I'm sure KG and PP understand his situation. I mean if anything, this just shows how disrespected Allen felt by the Celtics. He left everything he had there in Boston to go to Miami. His nearby home, double the money, the familiarity...People should ask themselves what would make him leave all that behind instead of hating him for making the tough decision he did. I think Allen should have earned all of our respect by now. He's always proven himself to be a smart upstanding person.

Swashcuff
07-08-2012, 09:48 AM
How could they hate him? I'm sure KG and PP understand his situation. I mean if anything, this just shows how disrespected Allen felt by the Celtics. He left everything he had there in Boston to go to Miami. His nearby home, double the money, the familiarity...People should ask themselves what would make him leave all that behind instead of hating him for making the tough decision he did. I think Allen should have earned all of our respect by now. He's always proven himself to be a smart upstanding person.

Until he leaves for Miami then he becomes Judas.

knicksfan42
07-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Proving the last part of my last post right here.

How?

Were there any reports of Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard nearly coming to blows last season? I take it that if there were more reports then your opinion should change no? Also Rondo is now labelled as the team's FRANCHISE player, if your FRANCHISE player doesn't care for you to be around does it even make any sense being where you aren't wanted?

My opinion would only change if there was friction between Pierce and KG and him. The problem isn't with him leaving the Celtics, that could be understandable. The problem is that he left a team he won a championship with to that team's arch rival in the same conference.

A slap in the face? What Rajon Rondo did was a SLAP in the face.

A slap in the face? What Ray Allen did to Rajon Rondo did was a SLAP in the face.

Ray Allen gave his everything to that team even showing more heart than the longest standing member in Paul Pierce on more occasions than not.

Pierce and KG showed 1000x more heart than Ray Allen. You see that's pretty baseless, much like your statement.

Allen left the team he won a championship with and competed for a championship with for years to go to that team's BIGGEST INTER-CONFERENCE RIVAL (who the team he is leaving just narrowly lost to in the ECF) for half the pay. That is as big of a slap in the face as slaps in the face go in the nba. There is literally nothing more insulting Allen could have done to Pierce, KG, and Celtics fans, except for maybe going to the Lakers at 1/4 the pay.

eternal slumber
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM
i really would love to see the Celtics plays the Heat, then Allen guards Pierce, i bet Pierce will spit at Allen.:clap:

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Who cares. Its not like were friends with them.

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Ask yourselves this... What would cause a man to turn his back on his friends, home, more money, and fans? Something big must have happend to lead a classy person to do such a thing. Don't assume you know everything. Knowing that Ray is a classy guy, consider the fact that some details of his decision aren't for all of us to know but may very well be a good reason to bolt to Miami.

Swashcuff
07-08-2012, 10:22 AM
How

Read through your posts you'd see.

My opinion would only change if there was friction between Pierce and KG and him.

Time will tell I'd bet however that your opinion would never change.

The problem isn't with him leaving the Celtics, that could be understandable. The problem is that he left a team he won a championship with to that team's arch rival in the same conference.

:confused:

What? That's a contradiction. You're saying had he not won the championship it would be ok? So that's why Steve Nash is better than Ray Allen.

A slap in the face? What Ray Allen did to Rajon Rondo did was a SLAP in the face.

:rolleyes:

Pierce and KG showed 1000x more heart than Ray Allen. You see that's pretty baseless, much like your statement.

Baseless you say? Well why don't you poll Celtics fans on this very topic. You'd see how baseless it is.

Allen left the team he won a championship with and competed for a championship with for years to go to that team's BIGGEST INTER-CONFERENCE RIVAL (who the team he is leaving just narrowly lost to in the ECF) for half the pay.

Yeah you're right he should never make the correct decision for his career he should have stayed in Boston and get traded because of a rift with their franchise player that escalated right?

The only details you care about is that he left Boston for Miami for less money and you're content. You don't take anything else into consideration continue to spew a baseless and ignorant opinion and act as if that's all there is to it.

That is as big of a slap in the face as slaps in the face go in the nba. There is literally nothing more insulting Allen could have done to Pierce, KG, and Celtics fans, except for maybe going to the Lakers at 1/4 the pay.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

knicksfan42
07-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Time will tell I'd bet however that your opinion would never change.

It would if I found out KG and Pierce wronged him.

:confused:

What? That's a contradiction. You're saying had he not won the championship it would be ok? So that's why Steve Nash is better than Ray Allen.

I am not saying it would be ok, it just might be a little more understandable.

Yeah you're right he should never make the correct decision for his career he should have stayed in Boston and get traded because of a rift with their franchise player that escalated right?

Fine with him leaving Boston for another team so long as its not Boston's biggest rival. As for getting traded, he was offered a no trade clause.

The only details you care about is that he left Boston for Miami for less money and you're content. You don't take anything else into consideration continue to spew a baseless and ignorant opinion and act as if that's all there is to it.

Yep the only thing I care about is that there is literally nothing more insulting Allen could have done to Pierce, KG, and Celtics fans, except for maybe going to the Lakers at 1/4 the pay. What should I take into consideration, should I try to make up some speculative BS that would justify Ray Allen doing the absolute douchiest possible thing he could have done to his former teammates and fans. The only person spewing baseless and ignorant BS in this thread is you.

Soccer008
07-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I think he stole their cookies. :-/

knicks4life33
07-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Think he's a sellout

hugepatsfan
07-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm sure as players and business men they understand, but at the same time Ray pretty much told them to go **** themselves and that he's gonna get his and not worry about them. The fact that Ray was willing to do that (uprooting his family and taking less money in the process) tells me that he wasn't really that close personally with anyone on the team.

Big Zo
07-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Think he's a sellout

Then so are Melo and Amare.

Heatcheck
07-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Newsflash: this isnt the WWF these guys are adults and professionals.

Besides, its was fine when boston wanted to trade him and make his family up and move after he established himself there and helped them win their first ring in 20 yrs. now he's a sellout and HE has no loyalty.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
A slap in the face? What Rajon Rondo did was a SLAP in the face. Ray Allen gave his everything to that team even showing more heart than the longest standing member in Paul Pierce on more occasions than not.

Have you even read the reports of why they didn't like each other? One team source said that Rondo is the smartest player basketball wise on the team but Ray considers himself smart too and didn't like being corrected by a younger player. Pretty hard to defend Ray on that one IMO.

And how has Ray showed more heart than Pierce? Pierce was rumored to be going to the Nets just like Ray was rumored to be going to MEM.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Then so are Melo and Amare.

How are those situations even remotely comparable? They left their teams for a team in another conference. Ray left a team that's trying to win a title for the team that's their biggest competitor. He basically told KG and Pierce "sorry, you guys aren't that good anymore. I'm gonna go play on a better team so I can get another ring." Basketball wise, I'm sure te Celtics understand. But personally, I'm sure that puts a scar in Ray's relationship w/ KG, PP, Doc, etc.

Heater4life
07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I hate Ray Allen, that traitor!

:D

IndiansFan337
07-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I think they are probably pissed that he left their team, but if they look at how he was treated by the franchise in his last year I can see why he decided to leave. On the court they aren't going to be buddy-buddy with him, but I can see them talking to him off the court and certainly still respecting him as a person and basketball player.

It is pretty crazy that he has swallowed his ego enough to accept a backup role now though. I think he could average 15+ ppg for most teams if playing 32+ mpg.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Their probably just a little disappointed in the path he took. Hate is an extremely strong word.

BHF
07-08-2012, 10:57 AM
im not a heat fan but i think Allen did the right thing if i was Allen i wouldn't wanna stick around Rondo

Big Zo
07-08-2012, 11:03 AM
How are those situations even remotely comparable? They left their teams for a team in another conference. Ray left a team that's trying to win a title for the team that's their biggest competitor. He basically told KG and Pierce "sorry, you guys aren't that good anymore. I'm gonna go play on a better team so I can get another ring." Basketball wise, I'm sure te Celtics understand. But personally, I'm sure that puts a scar in Ray's relationship w/ KG, PP, Doc, etc.

They're sellouts because they left good teams that had made it far in the playoffs to join a team in the biggest media market, thinking they were gonna be good and compete for championships, only to flub. At least Ray went to a team that IS better, and has a chance to win a ring. All he would do in Boston is age another year.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2012, 11:04 AM
im not a heat fan but i think Allen did the right thing if i was Allen i wouldn't wanna stick around Rondo

Why not? What's your reason for not wanting to stick w/ Rondo. I'd love to hear since I suspect you have absolutely no knowledge of the situation at all.

NYK|NYY
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I doubt the players care as much as the fans. If I were a Celtic fan I'd be irate, namely because Ray already has a ring, why not embrace the underdog persona.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I think they are probably pissed that he left their team, but if they look at how he was treated by the franchise in his last year I can see why he decided to leave. On the court they aren't going to be buddy-buddy with him, but I can see them talking to him off the court and certainly still respecting him as a person and basketball player.

It is pretty crazy that he has swallowed his ego enough to accept a backup role now though. I think he could average 15+ ppg for most teams if playing 32+ mpg.

People keep making BOS out to be the bad guys. Do people realize that Ray has been moody and surly behind the scenes for years. There have been numerous reports of Ray not being happy with his role. Ray had to sacrafice his game much more than KG or Pierce and he's always been bitter about that. He's complained in the past about not getting the looks he wants and being turned into an off ball scorer (remember, when Ray got to BOS he was still a guy that could create his own shot and BOS didn't really give him much opportunity to do that). And then once Rondo grew up, it kind if further pushed Ray down the line and he didn't like it. Part of the reason Ray was the first guy they were interested in trading was because of that.

bucketss
07-08-2012, 11:12 AM
lol at hate, did kg/pierce "hate" management when they tried to trade allen and traded perkins?

hugepatsfan
07-08-2012, 11:16 AM
lol at hate, did kg/pierce "hate" management when they tried to trade allen and traded perkins?

Well if the Ray to MEM trade went through, BOS reportedly had plans to ship Pierce to POR or NJ. And BOS looked into moving Pierce numerous occasions before the Big 3 era. So I imagine if Pierce moved on from the rumors involving himself, it shouldn't have been to hard to accept the stuff you mentioned.

Glen20
07-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Well if the Ray to MEM trade went through, BOS reportedly had plans to ship Pierce to POR or NJ. And BOS looked into moving Pierce numerous occasions before the Big 3 era. So I imagine if Pierce moved on from the rumors involving himself, it shouldn't have been to hard to accept the stuff you mentioned.

people react differently to the same situation...
if you don't like the way allen reacted, just say so and move on

Cfrey
07-08-2012, 11:31 AM
you can't hate him.. he made a professional decision.. this is a career here.. if one of your employees wants to leave a company to pursue a different path or a better opportunity then you wish them the best of luck

IndyRealist
07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
why would they be mad? they know the celtics treated ray allen like crap before the trade deadline and they know that him and rondo doesnt like each other and they also know that with the rise of bradley and the arrival of terry

ray allen would have been getting like 10-15 minutes a game
they should be happy there friend found a place where he is appreciated

This. Ray got WAY too much flak when the Celtics weren't doing well, and all of the trade rumors were ridiculous. He's still one of the best SG's out there. Every player getting his minutes will be a downgrade.

smith&wesson
07-08-2012, 11:43 AM
these guys are vets and know its a business. i bet they are all still friends.

Blitzbolt
07-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Ray Allen hates Memphis...Jerk.

I don't blame him Memphis sucks but still it hurts...

LAKobeBryant
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
rondo and kg for sure they left the court without shaking miami hand

bucketss
07-08-2012, 11:49 AM
rondo and kg for sure they left the court without shaking miami hand

lol at "for sure" as if you know them personally. if this was the wnba than maybe other than that i think they will keep their female tendencies in check.

BHF
07-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Why not? What's your reason for not wanting to stick w/ Rondo. I'd love to hear since I suspect you have absolutely no knowledge of the situation at all.

you suspect ehh? well you are wrong

StinkEye
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I think KG hates absolutely anything and everything. He's a nut.

DR. Pepper
07-08-2012, 11:53 AM
No way they could hate him, dissapointed for sure though.

this

Sportfan
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
LOL Rondo hasn't done **** from Woj's reports. Rondo points out his mistakes and Ray couldn't take being the student. Rondo wanted Avery in the starting lineup who made the celtics flow much greater. Which players had a strained relationship with Rondo other than Ray? No one.

mickybrneyes20
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
I think they hate Rondo more, since that's probably a big reason he left.

Glen20
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM
I think they hate Rondo more, since that's probably a big reason he left.

well allen was a much bigger piece to that 08 championship than rondo was. Until rondo can lead the celtics to another championship, i can see pierce and garnett wishing rondo was a little more political in dealing with allen.

Swashcuff
07-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Have you even read the reports of why they didn't like each other? One team source said that Rondo is the smartest player basketball wise on the team but Ray considers himself smart too and didn't like being corrected by a younger player. Pretty hard to defend Ray on that one IMO.

And how has Ray showed more heart than Pierce? Pierce was rumored to be going to the Nets just like Ray was rumored to be going to MEM.

Well there is this little report floating around that they don't. Largely due to Rondo. It's on the NBA Forum check it out.

Also it wasn't just rumoured that Allen was leaving he was told he was on his way out.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
No i do not think KG or Pierce hate Allen, cant really tell you what Boston fans would do tho..

we shall see their response(both the fans and players) to Allen when Miami faces Boston.

mynameismo
07-08-2012, 02:54 PM
No Hate. Maybe disappointment.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 02:57 PM
LOL Rondo hasn't done **** from Woj's reports. Rondo points out his mistakes and Ray couldn't take being the student. Rondo wanted Avery in the starting lineup who made the celtics flow much greater. Which players had a strained relationship with Rondo other than Ray? No one.

rondo went away from the offense and passed up open opportunities to ray...

do you think rondo is a saint?

They were both at fault for their strained relationship.

Chronz
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
He didnt like Rondo, didnt like how he was treated, if they hate him then they dont respect him.

THE MTL
07-08-2012, 03:32 PM
The celtics pissed ray allen off in some way. Boston was going to pay him double and while the Heat are better, boston is still contenders.

thephoenixson28
07-08-2012, 03:41 PM
After Boston tried trading him for a couple years, why would he stay in Boston. That loyalty go thrown out along time ago.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 03:44 PM
actually, ray wanted 3yrs 27mil to return to boston.

phoenix_bladen
07-08-2012, 04:11 PM
not sure if they're MAD they're probably SAD since he's leaving

but there shouldn't be any hate on allen at all for the reasons that ppl mentioned

he was treated poorly than the other stars and how many years have they come up short for a ring after their 2008 title? they choked so many times especially this year after they were up 3-2 and another time in 2010 when they were up 3-2 as well

it was time for allen to leave ... i understand it's business but this guy won them a championship they should have just let all 3 of them retire as celtics and then just tank and start rebuilding instead.

this way he has a real chance to compete for multiple championships with the heat instead

old blue
07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
He was going to leave loner or later. Great shooter, but well past his time of playing a lot of min