PDA

View Full Version : Pacers should sign Lopez and not Match Roy bloated contract?

ldawg
07-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Paces Loss of Roy was huge But no way match that contract of a max out Roy Hibert let him go. Double double guy that is young and will get better but he shoots under .500 he is not a max player. Take a chance on the cheaper Brook Lopez or the vet Kaman both are still free. Both are just ok centers but it beats a bad contract.

TRF929
07-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Pacers will sorely miss Hibbert.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Nah. Match it.

PhillyFaninLA
07-07-2012, 07:10 AM
I actually just posting in the Sixers forum that with the amnesty of Brand I think Lopez should be a target for the Sixers.

I agree they should match Hibbert but if not Lopez would be a logical choice unless they want to stay away from the fact he is restricted.

edit:

for those that don't know Lopez never missed a game until this season, so this is only 1 injury and not a series of injuries so as of know he is not injury prone.

kblo247
07-07-2012, 07:44 AM
I actually just posting in the Sixers forum that with the amnesty of Brand I think Lopez should be a target for the Sixers.

I agree they should match Hibbert but if not Lopez would be a logical choice unless they want to stay away from the fact he is restricted.

edit:

for those that don't know Lopez never missed a game until this season, so this is only 1 injury and not a series of injuries so as of know he is not injury prone.

They said the same thing about Yao ater his first foot injury.

The only big to truly comeback from that injury was Z and it took years of different training, rehab, and weight loss to get him right. He was never the same but his skills offset it, and Lopez really has nothing going for him besides scoring

The Pacerrs should just ink Kaman to a shorter deal for less per year

Oldmantrash
07-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Nets don't have a choice but to match any offer to Lopez, they're not going to go into the season without a center.

Dade County
07-07-2012, 08:43 AM
^^ this

ramz.n
07-07-2012, 09:01 AM
it would be a good move on the pacers hand..they should go after lopez and force the nets hand and if they are unable to get him..plan B should just be to give in and match hibberts max contract..no way they go into next season with only west, hansbrough and plumlee as there bigs.

D2theJ
07-07-2012, 09:25 AM
I still think Lopez is better than Hibbert. He's just sooo much better offensively, and yes his rebounding has been awful but Hibbert's no beast rebounder either. Plus Lopez isn't as bad on defense as people would think he tries hard on D. I just think Lopez's offense puts him over Hibbert overall.

black1605
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Just said this in another thread, but anyone who signs Lopez will be taking a huge gamble. Big men with foot injuries are bad news.

netsgiantsyanks
07-07-2012, 10:35 AM
any lopez deal is going to get matched.

Losoway
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
lopez cant even grab rebounds over pgs

they already soft

imagesrdecievin
07-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Brook's brother Robin had the same injury and so far no problems. What works in Lopez's favor is he in relies on superior footwork so losing athleticism won't hurt him.

llemon
07-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Brook's brother Robin had the same injury and so far no problems. What works in Lopez's favor is he in relies on superior footwork so losing athleticism won't hurt him.

Robin has really been tearing it up since the foot injury.

Also 'foot injury' and 'footwork'? A possible connection.

THE MTL
07-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I think of all the undeserving players getting these max deals. I think Roy Hibbert might actually be worth the money someday. I say match it and continue to develop your ALLSTAR!

Njsportsfreak
07-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Brook Lopez will be a beast he is still young and if his foot is better he will be a solid center...with all that talent around he has less pressure on him and can step up his defence...I kinda hope he becomes a star he gotten better each year up in till he got hurt and when played those couple of games he was pretty dam good...so forget about Indiana and stay with the Brooklyn Nets