PDA

View Full Version : How much would a ring with the heat impact ray allens legacy

shizzle09
07-07-2012, 01:58 AM
someone just brought this up in another thread. thought it was an interesting question.

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Rings usually improve legacy. Sounds like an up arrow to me.

Losoway
07-07-2012, 02:04 AM
why would it effect his legacy??? when the Celtics was tryna trade him to memphis for garbage nobody was complaining . now that he decided to go else where everyone cares

smh

metsfan4ever
07-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Repost from other thread :
I guarantee you if smeone did a poll and said: How much would a ring with the heat impact ray allens legacy...

I guarantee you the poll will say it'll have zero impact, and a lot of ppl would say a negative impact... unless the ****in heat SWEEP THROUGH THE ENTIRE ****IN PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR,AND WIN 73 GAMES, NOBODY WILL EVER EVER GIVE A **** THAT RAY ALLEN WAS ON THE TEAMAND PIGGY BACKED TO A RING WITH THEM, AFTER THEY JUST WON THE ****IN TITLE...

What happened to heart? What happened to competitiveness? I actually am shocked as I thought ray allen was better than this...

He could go to ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NBA except the heat, and it would be better than going to the heat... go to the knicks, lakers, spurs, okc.... SOMEBODY ELSE and put THEM over the hump....

THE HEAT?

Will go down as biggest ***** move of all time, lol... hands down!!!

rockbottom2010
07-07-2012, 02:09 AM
the 3 point king...nuff said

Raps18-19 Champ
07-07-2012, 02:13 AM
He already won a ring.

agureghian
07-07-2012, 02:13 AM
it wont.
hes just hitching a ride for a 2nd ring.

greg_ory_2005
07-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Don't think it'll effect much.

Big Zo
07-07-2012, 02:21 AM
his legacy is already set. Unless maybe he hits the game winning shot in game 7 of the finals, or something.

bearadonisdna
07-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Yahoo sports radio is reporting a 1 yr deal for Ray Allen.
I know guys here dont like yahoo for anything but I thought it was post worthy.

Baller1
07-07-2012, 02:23 AM
A little.

Sactown
07-07-2012, 02:24 AM
nothign unless there are much records set

b@llhog24
07-07-2012, 02:28 AM
I guarantee you if smeone did a poll and said: How much would a ring with the heat impact ray allens legacy...

I guarantee you the poll will say it'll have zero impact, and a lot of ppl would say a negative impact... unless the ****in heat SWEEP THROUGH THE ENTIRE ****IN PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR,AND WIN 73 GAMES, NOBODY WILL EVER EVER GIVE A **** THAT RAY ALLEN WAS ON THE TEAMAND PIGGY BACKED TO A RING WITH THEM, AFTER THEY JUST WON THE ****IN TITLE...

What happened to heart? What happened to competitiveness? I actually am shocked as I thought ray allen was better than this...

He could go to ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NBA except the heat, and it would be better than going to the heat... go to the knicks, lakers, spurs, okc.... SOMEBODY ELSE and put THEM over the hump....

THE HEAT?

:yawn:

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Eh, I still don't see why he went to a rival like Miami when he already won a ring. If he didn't want to play with Rondo that bad, then should've just went and sign for the full MLE to where it all began for him, in Milwaukee, and end his career there. That would have been the cool and noble thing to do.

But whatever. I guess Momma Allen and Momma James can play bingo every Tuesday nights at the Senior Citizen Facility in South Beach. :laugh2:

SportsFanatic10
07-07-2012, 02:38 AM
can't hurt...it'll help a bit nothing major

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Eh, I still don't see why he went to a rival like Miami when he already won a ring. If he didn't want to play with Rondo that bad, then should've just went and sign for the full MLE to where it all began for him, in Milwaukee, and end his career there. That would have been the cool and noble thing to do.

But whatever. I guess Momma Allen and Momma James can play bingo every Tuesday nights at the Senior Citizen Facility in South Beach. :laugh2:

He said he liked how he was treated in Miami. I am sure he is looking for a nice place to finish his career. Miami would fit that.

naps
07-07-2012, 03:00 AM
A lot.

Winning a ring as a vital piece (sixth man role) means a lot. It's one ring vs two rings. Ofcourse, two rings are better than one. Big deal.

Avenged
07-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Not much IMO. It's not like he's going to be a #1 option nor a #2. Heck he won't even be the third option. At this point it just adds to his resume but it won't have a big impact on his legacy. His legacy is already set in stone for the most part.

seikou8
07-07-2012, 03:04 AM
he will better than Micheal Jordan book it.

phoenix_bladen
07-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Why didn't he go to the thunder or something like that instead ?

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 03:05 AM
Why didn't he go to the thunder or something like that instead ?

why?

seikou8
07-07-2012, 03:07 AM
why?

because the thunder are better than the heat duh.;)

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 03:08 AM
because the thunder are better than the heat duh.;)

ooooooooooh.......thats my fault. he has changed my whole outlook on basketball.

JordansBulls
07-09-2012, 10:46 PM
No impact especially coming off the bench. The guys ahead of him on the alltime list stay ahead of him. It is like saying how does Payton getting a ring in 2006 or Kidd in 2011 help them on the alltime list.

Glen20
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
if he shot like 55% from the 3pt line, then it would be a season to remember

king4day
07-09-2012, 11:14 PM
He'd likely be a big reason they'd win so it'll make him look really good.

JordansBulls
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
He'd likely be a big reason they'd win so it'll make him look really good.

Why would he be a big reason? How much time do you think he would get behind Wade?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
His legacy is pretty much set IMO. One of the best 3 point shooters of all time. One more ring as a role player wont affect that.

Jroz
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
most veterans that want to win go to the contenders at the end of their career...Ray Allen is just following course, I guess the only scrutiny is that so many people "hated on" the Heat this year so its not as acceptable..I don't blame him..always pictured him in a Heat jersey..Public Enemy #1..kidding ;)

celtNYpatsHeels
07-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Unless he sets a record for most 3pt made in a finals series or somthing like that.... his legacy is already set. Another ring wont do anyhting, especially one where he is hitching a ride to...

BigBongTheory
07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Pretty much already been said, Unless he sets records in the Finals etc.

It wont do much, Even if he won a ring in Miami he would be remembered more of as a Celtic than anything else. Unlike Pau Gasol for example, when Pau's resume didn't have nearly as much on it as it does now.

Shark
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
No Impact because they won't win anyways. Heat dont make Finals next year anyways.

Tha Truth
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
It wil obviously improve his legacy.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
No Impact because they won't win anyways. Heat dont make Finals next year anyways.

i hope the raptors rot forever

SportsNY
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
He already is a sure HOF player. Fantastic at the 3-pointer, and he already won a ring in Boston. He's a role player now, so I don't see how it will greatly impact his legacy.

BigBongTheory
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
It would be like Derek Fisher winning a ring in OKC last year as a Role Player. His career is already set, he can't do much more.

Shark
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
i hope the raptors rot forever

Umm k?

btw your sig reminds me of Heat players a couple years back, much more then you claiming "new york fans crying".

Glen20
07-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Umm k?

btw your sig reminds me of Heat players a couple years back, much more then you claiming "new york fans crying".

who cares about the past?
all i know is our future is looking good and your team's future...well :o
oh and i dont cry over sports like some of you guys do so yeah

Swashcuff
07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
As in every scenario such as this is really depends on what he did. I mean Payton's ring has NEVER impacted his legacy because he didn't have a huge role to play. Let's say however Ray Allen can be the Heat's version of Robert Horry then it would certainly affect it a little.

ManningToTyree
07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
not much. He has a ring already.

Shark
07-10-2012, 11:49 AM
who cares about the past?
all i know is our future is looking good and your team's future...well :o
oh and i dont cry over sports like some of you guys do so yeah

I still dont understand "your team" comments. I am not a fan of any NBA team. I dont even appreciate the product the NBA offers. Even MLB > NBA.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
I still dont understand "your team" comments. I am not a fan of any NBA team. I dont even appreciate the product the NBA offers. Even MLB > NBA.

then don't follow it and don't associate with it. It gets along just fine without your input

bucketss
07-10-2012, 11:53 AM

THE HEAT?

you're such a waste yut story up Fam

bucketss
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM

how the **** do you know? i swear some people smh laughable. they made it two years in a row, add allen and this guy is guaranteeing they won't make it:facepalm:

AntiG
07-10-2012, 11:57 AM
why would it effect his legacy??? when the Celtics was tryna trade him to memphis for garbage nobody was complaining . now that he decided to go else where everyone cares

smh

OJ Mayo is garbage?

dh144498
07-10-2012, 11:58 AM
maybe just 1-2 spots on the all time lift?

Glen20
07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
maybe just 1-2 spots on the all time lift?

if he has a record year shooting threes, then yes probably
i dont even know where he stands now tbh

Shark
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
how the **** do you know? i swear some people smh laughable. they made it two years in a row, add allen and this guy is guaranteeing they won't make it:facepalm:

Umm Shortened Season. Every team was playing hurt, No rest.

Next season, back to normal, regular days off schedule, more time to recover. Knicks made minor editions(Including coaching staff), Nets on the verge of making something happen, Chicago will be healthier(one would assume). Milwaukee should be better, Pacers should still compete, Atlanta should be more improved then last year.

You talk about adding Allen as the saviour to continious finals appearances. The guy is 38, Miller is washed up, Wade had surgery(who knows how that will pan out), I am sure Bosh has something else to break still to get some attention.

Glen20
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM

Next season, back to normal, regular days off schedule, more time to recover. Knicks made minor editions(Including coaching staff), Nets on the verge of making something happen, Chicago will be healthier(one would assume). Milwaukee should be better, Pacers should still compete, Atlanta should be more improved then last year.

You talk about adding Allen as the saviour to continious finals appearances. The guy is 38, Miller is washed up, Wade had surgery(who knows how that will pan out), I am sure Bosh has something else to break still to get some attention.

2010 hurts huh?

TheNumber37
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
It would forever tarnish it?

bucketss
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM

they also made it their first year how can you guarantee how stupid will you feel when they do make it? And i like how you assume bosh will break somethiing lmao how about the glass man amare? not that the knicks are threats even with him. Stick to baseball i choked on my coffe when you mentioned milwaukee:facepalm: LOL at atlanta more improved when they just traded their best player holy crap

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I think one more ring doesn't improve his legacy -- already phenomenal at this point -- much. But 2 rings or more...and him having a direct hand in winning them...definitely increases his cachet.

LongWayFromHome
07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
If he wins like 3 or 4 there and is an important part of what happens it will be pretty positive.

If he only gets one more or is not an important piece it won't have any affect.

Gritz
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
It'll be just like Gary Payton

Shark
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
they also made it their first year how can you guarantee how stupid will you feel when they do make it? And i like how you assume bosh will break somethiing lmao how about the glass man amare? not that the knicks are threats even with him. Stick to baseball i choked on my coffe when you mentioned milwaukee:facepalm: LOL at atlanta more improved when they just traded their best player holy crap

If your going to counter post, do so with at least some insight and not just make "laughable" comments.

The last time Bosh came close to playing a full 82 game season was his 2nd year in the NBA where he played 81 games.

Since then he missed 12 games in 05-06, 13 games in 06-07, 15 games in 07-08, 5 games in 08-09, 12 games in 09-10, 5 games in 10-11, and 9 games in 11-12(Not Including the playoffs). I didnt say he misses significant amount of games like 20-30+ games in a season that some players lose out on, but hes fragile, one tiny contact and he falls on the floor and is gone for a couple of weeks to a month.

The Joe Johnson trade, has every single article stating that Atlanta got the better end of the deal hands down. Sending 5 players to Atlanta + a Pick for an overpaid contract. Then they also picked up Devin for Marvin. So How can you NOT say Atlanta has a more improved roster then last years?

Milwaukee has a solid group in place to make the playoffs and surprise many teams. They had even had the better series record between Milwaukee and Miami. Milwaukee was a difficult matchup for Miami in the regular season. Look up the stats.

I backed up my points, care to back up yours!

ryang
07-10-2012, 01:08 PM
If your going to counter post, do so with at least some insight and not just make "laughable" comments.

The last time Bosh came close to playing a full 82 game season was his 2nd year in the NBA where he played 81 games.

Since then he missed 12 games in 05-06, 13 games in 06-07, 15 games in 07-08, 5 games in 08-09, 12 games in 09-10, 5 games in 10-11, and 9 games in 11-12(Not Including the playoffs). I didnt say he misses significant amount of games like 20-30+ games in a season that some players lose out on, but hes fragile, one tiny contact and he falls on the floor and is gone for a couple of weeks to a month.

The Joe Johnson trade, has every single article stating that Atlanta got the better end of the deal hands down. Sending 5 players to Atlanta + a Pick for an overpaid contract. Then they also picked up Devin for Marvin. So How can you NOT say Atlanta has a more improved roster then last years?

Milwaukee has a solid group in place to make the playoffs and surprise many teams. They had even had the better series record between Milwaukee and Miami. Milwaukee was a difficult matchup for Miami in the regular season. Look up the stats.

I backed up my points, care to back up yours!

Your gonna be real dissapointed next year.. We are the obvious favorites.. If you cant see that then you either hate the heat or your dumb... Please inform us on which team in the east is a lock to beat the heat in a 7 games series.. Think about it.. there is nobody as of right now.. we heard all this crap before OKC.. the year before chicago.. so far we have done just fine.. keep it coming tho.. It puts a smile on my face every time I read posts like yours..

Shark
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Your gonna be real dissapointed next year.. We are the obvious favorites.. If you cant see that then you either hate the heat or your dumb... Please inform us on which team in the east is a lock to beat the heat in a 7 games series.. Think about it.. there is nobody as of right now.. we heard all this crap before OKC.. the year before chicago.. so far we have done just fine.. keep it coming tho.. It puts a smile on my face every time I read posts like yours..

Oh how I would love to have a sig bet with the entire bandwagon heat nation, now thats a LEGENDARY Sig Bet!

ryang
07-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Oh how I would love to have a sig bet with the entire bandwagon heat nation, now thats a LEGENDARY Sig Bet!

you make me laugh harder and harder.. bandwagon?? thats something you made up.. You have no clue who is a real heat fans and who isnt.. Trust me there were plenty of real heat fans way before lebron or dwade.. Hey the yankees have bandwagon fans so what?? and the knicks fans cheered for lebron when he was scoring 40+ in msg in hopes hed come there.. just sayin..

Keep talking about the back to back eastern conference champs and defending nba champs.. Fine by me but until someone in the east beats us we are the favorites..

ryang
07-10-2012, 01:57 PM
name a team in the east that will take us out?? ill sig bet you no problem.. You better keep rooting for the western conference like you have for the past 2 years..

Shark
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
name a team in the east that will take us out?? ill sig bet you no problem.. You better keep rooting for the western conference like you have for the past 2 years..

I dont root or watch any NBA games. The last time I watched an NBA game was actually a live event in Toronto in like 2008 when they played the Heat. Since then I only play Basketball as a hobby and sport, and follow up on events for fun.

Boggles my mind how a game with four 12 minute quarters sometimes out lasts a full MLB game and Hockey game with 20 minute periods.

Stinkyoutsider
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Ray Allen has always been a hired gun when it comes to contracts, which a lot of players should be. Why should it be any different? The Celtics will replace him move forward. Celtics fans should be happier because they can now get a player who's younger, faster, and can develop. Plus, Allen was a bench player at the end of the year anyway. I'm sure the Celtics will be just fine with another good shooter coming off the bench (Jason Terry).

Early in his career, it was about getting the biggest contract to take care of his family. Now that his family is taken care of, he wants to take care of himself and win another title.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM

you are the one making laugable comments guaranteeing that the 2012 nba champions have NO shot of making it to the finals

thats fine, im just calling you out on mentioning on boshs injuries but you dont think the same can't happen to amare?

oh dear god this is why i doubt you watch basketball, they won the deal because financially they got a sucker to take on johnsons contract which now gives Atlanta more more flexibility financially which sets them up better for the future. but no they did not get better joe johnson is an allstar. atlanta now has money to spend on free agents like dwight but no they are not better.

and devin isn't very good and he will be the back up pg to jeff teague

sure but does that mean they are better? does that make you confident enough to guarantee miami wont make it back to the finals?

they played well against miami, out of the three game miami won once in a blow out win. They lost twice to them one of them was without dwayne wade

I backed up my points

not really

Hawkeye15
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
none for me personally. He is well past his prime, and would be hitching on for the ring. Plus he already has one, when he was still at the tail end of his prime and contributed huge in the championship run. That one had far more implications on his career ranking.

Shark
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
you are the one making laugable comments guaranteeing that the 2012 nba champions have NO shot of making it to the finals

thats fine, im just calling you out on mentioning on boshs injuries but you dont think the same can't happen to amare?

oh dear god this is why i doubt you watch basketball, they won the deal because financially they got a sucker to take on johnsons contract which now gives Atlanta more more flexibility financially which sets them up better for the future. but no they did not get better joe johnson is an allstar. atlanta now has money to spend on free agents like dwight but no they are not better.

and devin isn't very good and he will be the back up pg to jeff teague

sure but does that mean they are better? does that make you confident enough to guarantee miami wont make it back to the finals?

they played well against miami, out of the three game miami won once in a blow out win. They lost twice to them one of them was without dwayne wade

not really

I just dont want you complaining once Wade blows out his knee completely or Bosh breaks his face. Dont start making excuses after that. They dont win NBA championship next year and they dont make the finals.

bucketss
07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
I just dont want you complaining once Wade blows out his knee completely or Bosh breaks his face. Dont start making excuses after that. They dont win NBA championship next year and they dont make the finals.

so you're guaranteeing wade blows his knee and/or bosh breaks his face(lol that came from no where ) is that it?

Fnom11
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM

So your whole point is based off "what ifs". Miami just won the Championship and added 2 quality role players. Nets roster isn't even finished, Rose is out nearly the whole season(who knows if he'll even recover[not saying he won't], Boston got another year older and didn't really add anything to their roster that scares me as a Heat fan. To claim they won't make it to the Finals baring injury in a weak conference(at the moment) is stupid.

You're either a troll or you're ignorant.

HesterJordan23
07-10-2012, 11:33 PM
kobe is suppose to sign with the heat next year would it help his legacy

THE MTL
07-10-2012, 11:50 PM
His legacy is done already. He is known as the greatest 3pt of all time and even if he wins a ring with the Heat, he'll still be known as the greatest 3pt shooter of all time.