PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: Chicago Bulls Are Still Contenders

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 01:50 AM
What I've been saying all along. Miami should still fear the Bulls.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/9403/kobe-bulls-still-are-contenders?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

LAS VEGAS -- There are plenty of skeptics who believe that because of Derrick Rose's knee injury, the Chicago Bulls have suddenly fallen from the ranks of the championship caliber teams in the NBA. Kobe Bryant isn't among them.

"Why wouldn't I?" Bryant said after Team USA's first practice Friday afternoon. "You look at what they did without Rose in the lineup, you plug him into that mix what are they going to look like? No question (they still are.)"

One of the reasons Bryant is so confident the Bulls can continue to win without Rose is because of his old friend Tom Thibodeau. Bryant worked out with Thibodeau in Philadelphia while he was a teenager and Thibodeau was an NBA assistant. He knows the veteran coach will find a way to squeeze the most out of his team.

"He's a great coach," Bryant said. "I felt like the Bulls did a fantastic job this season in terms of kind of holding the fort down while he was out. You're missing such a big part of your team (without Rose), but I felt like Thibs did a great job of putting guys in a position to be successful and they really held it down for as long as they could, man. It's a shame they couldn't get out of that (first) round, but with Derrick back it's really going to improve them, obviously."

In the short term, Bryant knows he and his USA teammates are going to struggle without Rose. He believes that in the long term, the Bulls are going to be fine, though.

"Just the way he plays," Bryant said of Rose. "Everybody here has to bring their individual games to the table and it elevates us a whole by doing that and his penetration, his shooting ability which has improved tremendously, his defensive speed, his ability to get in the passing lanes, create extra possessions for us, those are all things that we'll miss."

Bryant's optimism regarding the Bulls' future was shared by other stars around the league.

"Definitely," Thunder guard Russell Westbrook said. "They've got the pieces. When he's healthy, he can do a lot of great things for his teammates. They still have the same team, I don't think they made any moves to my knowledge, but I think they'll be good."

Westbrook, a good friend of Rose's, said he had spoken to the former MVP recently.

"I talked to him a little bit," Westbrook said. "He's doing well ... Chicago don't got to worry, buddy."

That's the impression Westbrook's teammate, Kevin Durant has as well. While he hasn't spoken to Rose since his injury, he too is convinced the Bulls are still in pretty good shape.

"Yeah, a lot of people are counting them out because of D. Rose's injury," Durant acknowledged. "But Thibodeau is an unbelievable coach, they have an unbelievable system, they're defense is great and they play together."

And just a little bit of spice to this thread, he's what LeBron said when asked if Team USA will miss Rose.

Nick Friedell ‏@ESPNChiBulls

I asked LeBron what Team USA didn't have without DRose on the team. "There's nothing that we don't have on this roster."

Just some ammo for some Bulls fans. :D

AllBall
07-07-2012, 01:55 AM
:cricket::cricket:

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 01:58 AM
That's racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyben36
07-07-2012, 02:00 AM
1/2 bulls fans are fine where we are and agree that while we probably wont be the #1 seed in the nba playoffs, we will be just fine when we get there as long as rose is healthy

the other 1/2 beleive that we should blow up the entire team and tank because they are stupid dumb *****.

numba1CHANGsta
07-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Kobe was then told that D. Rose might miss the whole season, Kobe's response: "Pffftt, Sheeeeeet, they done for" lol

bearadonisdna
07-07-2012, 02:07 AM
That is why I love Kobe.

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 02:09 AM
That is why I love Kobe.

Because he gives political answers? What do you expect him to say?

Avenged
07-07-2012, 02:16 AM

LOL. This.

SportsFanatic10
07-07-2012, 02:19 AM
What I've been saying all along. Miami should still fear the Bulls.

i think alot of heat fans myself included have the bulls as a top 5 team. we know they're good, but we don't fear them simply because rose is basically the teams entire offense and the heat just throw lebron on him in crunch time after hes exhausted from doing so much all game long and make someone else beat us. its just too much for the bulls to ask of rose to beat miami. their rebounding and defense keep it close untill the end usually but thats where miami's multiple stars just become too much and make the difference.

we have the defense to match theirs and many more offensive weapons, especially now that allen is in the fold. so are they good? yes. do we fear them? no. at least not until they get rose a legit second option to take some pressure off of him. even if he does enough to beat us for a game or someone like deng or boozer step up on offense, its not gonna happen 4 times in 7 games imo.

xxplayerxx23
07-07-2012, 02:25 AM
110 percent true they are contenders.

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Kobe: Of course they are contenders.
(Camera man and interviewer walk away)
Kobe: for a lottery pick.....lulz

Baller1
07-07-2012, 02:41 AM
No, they're not. If Rose isn't 100% they stand no chance.

b@llhog24
07-07-2012, 02:48 AM
That is why I love Kobe.

Kobe doesn't give politically correct answers. He really doesn't give a ****.

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 02:48 AM

:facepalm:

bearadonisdna
07-07-2012, 02:50 AM
1/2 bulls fans are fine where we are and agree that while we probably wont be the #1 seed in the nba playoffs, we will be just fine when we get there as long as rose is healthy

the other 1/2 beleive that we should blow up the entire team and tank because they are stupid dumb *****.

This.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 02:52 AM

Amnesty Kobe!

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Amnesty Kobe!

He would probably go to the HEAT after clearing waivers

naps
07-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Haha...What's new here again? I thought we would hear something that we didn't know. Everyone knows with Rose Bulls are the second best team in the east and a contender. Kobe didn't say anything new here. And team USA is missing Wade, Dwight, Rose, Bosh but why should LeBron complain about all these? As a leader he should stay positive and say we are not missing anything.

Both of them had politically correct answers. But OP is just trying to make new friends on PSD with Bulls fans by stirring some **** up LMFAO!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Both of them had politically correct answers. But OP is just trying to make new friends on PSD with Bulls fans by stirring some **** up LMFAO!!

I don't need new friends here on PSD. I have plenty, with you being my bestest of them al! :love:

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 02:57 AM
He would probably go to the HEAT after clearing waivers

#discounted

ChitownBears22
07-07-2012, 03:00 AM
#discounted

haha......1 day they should lift the filters and let this forum go at eachother wild west style. 1 day is all I ask.

naps
07-07-2012, 03:02 AM
#discounted

:cool:

seikou8
07-07-2012, 03:13 AM
they will be beat miami in the playoffs watch

cutiepie80
07-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Bulls fan here.......no chance we beat the heat.......in fact it will be a miracle we get past the first round.

kjoke
07-07-2012, 04:00 AM
depends who they add this offseason. Rose can comeback, and they can be the team we thought they were

Stuckey#3
07-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Rose is the best young player in the league. Not only is he talented but he makes other players around him better and doesn't cut corners to win...
I think it's hilarious so many bandwagon fans are trying to kick this dudes team when he's down.
Fate smiled on the cheat last year... they have yet to face the adversity of major injuries...

3ballbomber
07-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Rose is the best young player in the league. Not only is he talented but he makes other players around him better and doesn't cut corners to win...
I think it's hilarious so many bandwagon fans are trying to kick this dudes team when he's down.
Fate smiled on the cheat last year... they have yet to face the adversity of major injuries...
I personally like all the doubting and negativity towards Rose and the Bulls.....This will be fuel for Rose & his squad. Rose reminds me alot of young Dwyane Wade - both react great on the court with anger and purpose!

Iron24th
07-07-2012, 06:05 AM

What LeBron said

Cubby
07-07-2012, 06:15 AM
No, they're not. If Rose isn't 100% they stand no chance.

No ****ing ****.

kblo247
07-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Only because they have Rip who he is close with

I wouldn't write them off though they signed Hinrich and he returned close to Captain Kirk form as the east is open aside from Miami

episodenone
07-07-2012, 08:02 AM
:cricket::cricket:

Because Kobe can say anything he wants -- anyone can -- The Bulls are NOT contender without Rose and might fall to the bottom seeds the way things are going -- they are likely 5-8 seed undoubtedly.

Without Rose - this quote is useless. The Bulls are back to a work in progress. Nothing more.

basketfan4life
07-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Haha...What's new here again? I thought we would hear something that we didn't know. Everyone knows with Rose Bulls are the second best team in the east and a contender. Kobe didn't say anything new here. And team USA is missing Wade, Dwight, Rose, Bosh but why should LeBron complain about all these? As a leader he should stay positive and say we are not missing anything.

you are more corrupted than anybody i have ever known.

xxcubs22xx
07-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Are you kidding me? Damn right we are still contenders!

It's not about Kobe being politically correct. HE'S SIMPLY BEING LOGICAL.

And you can, too, PSD.

You see, we still have a season to play. We are still contenders. Let's talk next year about us "not being contenders".

We have tremendous talent on our team, and we've seen that even WITHOUT Rose we've squeezed out phenomenal numbers. Marquis Teague and Jimmy Butler are getting playing time now...

RC3
07-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Bulls have never improved their team in any significant way since 2010.

Rip hamilton was injury prone and not neccesarily a savior.

I don't even know why they are considered elite even with Rose since there has been no significant roster improvement such as another scoring option besides rose.

bbcmillionaire
07-07-2012, 08:51 AM

I don't even know why they are considered elite even with Rose since there has been no significant roster improvement such as another scoring option besides rose.

Lol um because we win games alot... Who is this kid?

b@llhog24
07-07-2012, 09:02 AM

:sleep:

Davidgta1
07-07-2012, 09:05 AM
There a good team with a good coach of course there still a contender. Hopefully D.Rose come back mid season cuz they ain't getting threw the heat with out him.

theheatles
07-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Heat
Nets
Celtics
Sixers
Knicks
Pacers
Hawks
Magic (if Dwight shows up)

all these teams are better than the bulls without rose

bbcmillionaire
07-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Heat
Nets
Celtics
Sixers
Knicks
Pacers
Hawks

Um about that list , you see logic says....never mind its psd no logic here

BcEuAbRsS
07-07-2012, 09:22 AM
I think Kobe should come on over to the Bulls once that contact is up...

MTL_123
07-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Kobe: Of course they are contenders.
(Camera man and interviewer walk away)
Kobe: for a lottery pick.....lulz

lmao

justinnum1
07-07-2012, 09:48 AM
with rose they are top 3 team in the east along with miami and boston, there is a big drop off after that tho. and i still believe boston is miami's biggest threat, their defense is just as good as chicagos and they have more offensive weapons and the one guy miami cant stop in rondo.

RLundi
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Heat
Nets
Celtics
Sixers
Knicks
Pacers
Hawks

Is this in order? Chicago had one of the best records in the league when Rose didn't play. They will not be the NINTH best team in the east, that's ludicrous. If anything:

Heat
Celtics
Bulls
Nets
Knicks
Pacers
Magic (if Bynum, yes)
Hawks

bbcmillionaire
07-07-2012, 10:30 AM
with rose they are top 3 team in the east along with miami and boston, there is a big drop off after that tho. and i still believe boston is miami's biggest threat, their defense is just as good as chicagos and they have more offensive weapons and the one guy miami cant stop in rondo.

You do know Lebron said rose is the one player that you can't defend individually right?

justinnum1
07-07-2012, 10:43 AM
You do know Lebron said rose is the one player that you can't defend individually right?

ok. guess we will find out again in 2013

yaswaggin
07-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Heat
Nets
Celtics
Sixers
Knicks
Pacers
Hawks

Is this in order? Chicago had one of the best records in the league when Rose didn't play. They will not be the NINTH best team in the east, that's ludicrous. If anything:

Heat
Celtics
Bulls
Nets
Knicks
Pacers
Magic (if Bynum, yes)
Hawks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 76ers DESTROY the bulls in the playoffs without rose?

I don't see bulls making it to the playoffs IMO

blastmasta26
07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Why does it matter what Kobe thinks?

b@llhog24
07-07-2012, 11:06 AM

5 rings man, 5 rings.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2012, 11:07 AM

This.

Gators123
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
If Rose and Deng are healthy, yes. Rose might take a couple seasons for him to get back to normal. By then Rip will be 36 and Boozer is already on the wrong side of 30.

I have a feeling Chi will make a big move by the trade deadline.

RLundi
07-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 76ers DESTROY the bulls in the playoffs without rose?

Bulls went 18-9 without Rose, and that doesn't even account for the games that he was eased back into the swing of things or the games that he was clearly rusty or lacking in production. This is a well-coached TEAM, and they clearly demonstrated that last season. Not to mention, Derrick Rose isn't expected to miss the entire season. Torn ACL's take about 6 to 8 months to recover, which would put him in line to resume playing sometime in late December/early January (speculative). If he comes back close to where he was last season, the Bulls will be right there again.

Additionally, the east is weak again. In my opinion, there are only 2 contenders in Miami and Boston and a bunch of pretenders. But I think there will be a huge drop-off in regular season records from the 1 seed to the 2. Heat will win 60+ games but after that I don't think any other team will win more than 54. I think Celtics, Nets, Bulls and maybe Knicks will all hover around 50 or so wins. Even if Chicago wins 45 games, that may still be enough to seed them in the top 5 spots.

As far as Sixers destroying the Bulls, all the games were decided by less than 8 points without Rose besides one. I wouldn't call that destroying. Not to mention you can't discount the emotional toll and deflating experience of losing your best player to a devastating knee injury. The team was battling the odds for most of the year. They couldn't run on fumes any longer.

justinnum1
07-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Bulls went 18-9 without Rose, and that doesn't even account for the games that he was eased back into the swing of things or the games that he was clearly rusty or lacking in production. This is a well-coached TEAM, and they clearly demonstrated that last season. Not to mention, Derrick Rose isn't expected to miss the entire season. Torn ACL's take about 6 to 8 months to recover, which would put him in line to resume playing sometime in late December/early January (speculative). If he comes back close to where he was last season, the Bulls will be right there again.

Additionally, the east is weak again. In my opinion, there are only 2 contenders in Miami and Boston and a bunch of pretenders. But I think there will be a huge drop-off in regular season records from the 1 seed to the 2. Heat will win 60+ games but after that I don't think any other team will win more than 54. I think Celtics, Nets, Bulls and maybe Knicks will all hover around 50 or so wins. Even if Chicago wins 45 games, that may still be enough to seed them in the top 5 spots.

they might be losing a few guys off their bench...

Baller1
07-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Technically no one is a contender in the East, because if Miami stays healthy they're going to the Finals.

RLundi
07-07-2012, 11:25 AM
they might be losing a few guys off their bench...

Who? I haven't heard of anything yet.

LA_Raiders
07-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Chi has a great team, I hope they get Rose soon...

LeFlop is just an *******...

shizzle09
07-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Respect the Bullls but don't fear them.

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Kobe could honestly care less about the bulls. he has 5 rings.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-07-2012, 11:41 AM
well time will tell if the bulls are pretenders or contenders.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Don't worry, Justin knows everything you can possibly know about the Bulls.

KnicksR4Real
07-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Chicago will make the playoffs but in no way are they contenders. Even if Rose comes back in time for the playoffs, being a year away from the game will bring in some rust. Heck, when Rose got hurt with smaller injuries this year he struggled at times coming back. To the Bulls fans don't say you are contenders, your'e not.

justinnum1
07-07-2012, 12:04 PM

watson, brewer, asik, they will probably keep korver.

those guys might not have played well in the playoffs but they were a big reason the bulls had the record they did.

wesso2008
07-07-2012, 12:08 PM
eff Lebron. no one cares what he has to say. u kno damn well ur missin' D-Rose on Team USA.

kingkenny01
07-07-2012, 12:11 PM
They need another piece to get over the hump I hope they make a play for Eric Gordon

justinnum1
07-07-2012, 12:23 PM
eff Lebron. no one cares what he has to say. u kno damn well ur missin' D-Rose on Team USA.

They will have westbrick. Still goin to win gold

_Supreme_
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
5 rings man, 5 rings.

Just wait until Robert Horry starts talking!

Kuya_Clive
07-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I believe they will make the playoffs next season, maybe around the 6 seed or so. When it comes to predicting how far they will go, idk. Doubt they will make it to the ecf because Rose will certainly still be rusty and the awful cap situation for the time being. I just think the Heat will still be hungry, especially Lebron.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Maybe because he's he most accomplished biggest name guy in the NBA and knows what he's talking about when it comes to contending for championships and winning since he's been doing it basically for almost his entire career. The guy is an icon and top 7 or 8 player of all time and is still an active NBA player?? :shrug:

Blitzbolt
07-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Kobe-Plz Beat the Heat.

Avenged
07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Kobe-Plz Beat the Heat.

Haha.. The Lakers don't have the team to compete with them yet. Hopefully that all changes with 1 major move though.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Haha.. The Lakers don't have the team to compete with them yet. Hopefully that all changes with 1 major move though.

Re-signing Troy Murphy? :confused:

Avenged
07-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Re-signing Troy Murphy? :confused:

Exactly.

nice sig btw :p

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Exactly.

nice sig btw :p

Credit to you man, thanks.

Blitzbolt
07-07-2012, 01:41 PM
LOL are you guys boyfriend and Girlfriend that was a g ay convo.

KniCks4LiFe
07-07-2012, 01:42 PM
BTW I've been saying this. This isn't a shocker.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 01:48 PM

No, but even if we were, what is it to you? :whistle:

thekmp211
07-07-2012, 01:50 PM
they still need a better second option than deng, but mamba is right. thibs will keep them competitive if nothing else.

b@llhog24
07-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Don't worry, Justin knows everything you can possibly know about the Bulls.

:laugh2:

Just wait until Robert Horry starts talking!

:jumpy:

If they're boyfriend and girlfriend then how is is g ay?

Losoway
07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
the bulls are not even gonna make the playoffs next year

JayW_1023
07-07-2012, 03:00 PM
What's up with Kobe's Breaking Bad-look?

ryang
07-07-2012, 03:02 PM
who cares what kobe says about the bulls??

Toastyy
07-07-2012, 03:24 PM
They still need to make some moves, keep Noah but move luol and boozer

justinnum1
07-07-2012, 03:37 PM
They still need to make some moves, keep Noah but move luol and boozer

who wants boozer?

Cubby
07-07-2012, 03:58 PM
who wants boozer?

Someone who needs a veteran PF who can knock down the midrange shot, I don't know. You act like he's complete **** and it's honestly hilarious. But you know, you now everything about the Bulls and nobody else's opinion matters.

justinnum1
07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Someone who needs a veteran PF who can knock down the midrange shot, I don't know. You act like he's complete **** and it's honestly hilarious. But you know, you now everything about the Bulls and nobody else's opinion matters.

lol

I dont know everything about the bulls but i know what boozers contract looks like. We will see if he is traded or amnestied within the next 3 years.

thekmp211
07-07-2012, 04:03 PM

i mean... he has one of the worst contracts in the league. it is what it is.

Cubby
07-07-2012, 04:05 PM
i mean... he has one of the worst contracts in the league. it is what it is.

Either we trade him when he's an expiring or amnesty him. He is still good so when his contract is in his last year he could be a valuable asset.

Fnom11
07-07-2012, 04:11 PM
They won't be contending for anything without Rose. A healthy Bulls is something to be feared though.

SportsFanatic10
07-07-2012, 04:22 PM

they're also missing lebron's teammates dwade (mvp of the last gold medal team) and bosh. hes not taking a shot at rose at all, hes just saying that this team lacks for nothing with all the talent there reguardless. they have it all, penetrators, shooters, defenders, rebounding, passing, etc.

Cfrey
07-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Kobe: I won't even pass the salt at dinner.

thekmp211
07-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Either we trade him when he's an expiring or amnesty him. He is still good so when his contract is in his last year he could be a valuable asset.

yeah, but if you wait out his contract you wait another 4 years. i'd cut him after this next year if he doesn't step his game up.

JasonJohnHorn
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
LBJ is right, the absence of Rose doesn't impact the team because it is a deep team and everybody on the roster has something in common with Rose. But that said, it does sound like kind of a knock on Rose. I like Kobe's answer better because he lists the things Rose brings to the game, where James just shoots the guy down. He could have showed some respect to Rose and said that the team would be better with him, which it would, but instead he offered a little slight to Rose. Probably because he knows that their is an * next to his title because Rose was injured ;-)

TylerSL
07-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Since the Heat came together the Bulls have never scared me, probably never will either. Not saying they are not good, as they are a super good defensive team. But its a 1 man show in Chicago. Boston is our rival, and I'm looking forward to the Celtics next year.

Raphael
07-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Probably because he knows that their is an * next to his title because Rose was injured ;-)

:clap:

xxcubs22xx
07-08-2012, 12:23 AM
The stupidity and complete ignorance in this forum never ceases to amaze me.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM

Nice to see you in here:)

KnicksR4Real
07-08-2012, 12:46 AM

cool story bro

--23--
07-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Nothing new, Kobe always showed love to D-Rose and the Bulls :cheers:

John Walls Era
07-08-2012, 01:33 AM

Right on the money here. Gotta give Kobe some credit. Hes a great dude on camera (don't know off the camera).

Champology
07-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Eeryone does watch basketball right??? Rose only played in 39 of the 66 games last year and was banged up and WAS NOT suppose o play in about 20 of those 39 games..(thats why he tore his ACL)...and the Bulls finished with the best record still.....you all realize this right?

quade36
07-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Eeryone does watch basketball right??? Rose only played in 39 of the 66 games last year and was banged up and WAS NOT suppose o play in about 20 of those 39 games..(thats why he tore his ACL)...and the Bulls finished with the best record still.....you all realize this right?

No, they don't. Feeble minded.

JordansBulls
07-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Well yes we are contenders, but if the Nets get Dwight then we are in a group of Miami, NY, Brooklyn and Chicago for being contenders.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 10:03 AM

you dont get trophy's for having the best record

BcEuAbRsS
07-08-2012, 10:18 AM
you dont get trophy's for having the best record

Because they didn't win the championship doesn't mean they weren't contenders...

thekmp211
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Because they didn't win the championship doesn't mean they weren't contenders...

there is a difference between being a nominal contender and actually being a threat to win it all.

once rose went down it was all over. everyone knew that.

quade36
07-09-2012, 11:45 PM
there is a difference between being a nominal contender and actually being a threat to win it all.

once rose went down it was all over. everyone knew that.

They had a great chance last year if Rose didn't get injured....

I know Rose is no Jeremy Lin but still they could have gotten very far in the playoffs with him.

acemac23
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Rose was not the only injury that our team had. We lost Noah to his ankle injury and Deng was playing at 80%

As well as other players getting hurt. i.e. C.J. Watson

nycsports2
07-10-2012, 12:53 PM
there def contenders dont sleep on the bulls. i do honestly feel the knicks and heat are built for the playoff run but the bulls are stingy and tough i love there defense so theyll be in there

JordansBulls
07-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Bulls need better 2nd and 3rd options.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-11-2012, 09:04 AM
When Rose is injured, no way.

When Rose is there, no ****.

I could've ****ing figured this out.

StinkEye
07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Kobe has 5 rings, therefore the Bulls are still contenders.

dh144498
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Kobe has 5 rings, therefore the Bulls are still contenders.
MAMBA!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

I'm seeing you posting these alot recently. What gives? :shrug:

Vincent
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Only way the Bulls are contenders is if everyone sleeps on them and people forget about them.

The Bulls are not a legit contender, because everyone knows not to take them lightly (even without Derrick Rose).

Bulls aren't as bad as they were in the Philly series, but aren't as good as their regular season record last year w/o Rose.

They'll MAYBE put a scare in a contending team (pretty much just the Heat in the East), but they aren't hard to figure out and have plenty of weaknesses to exploit.

D12 fan
07-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Bulls need better 2nd and 3rd options.

lol you always bump threads with random thoughts.

NBAFan2012
07-11-2012, 02:52 PM
The Bulls are horribly bad without Rose.
Yeah they will prob make the playoffs cause its the East, but I mean they shouldnt even be allowed to because they would probably be swept in the 1st round.

I have never seen a group of more generic guys, non stars done what they have done this past season.

And I mean Carlos Boozer is arguably their best player next to Rose and he really really sucks

StinkEye
07-11-2012, 02:57 PM
MAMBA!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

I'm seeing you posting these alot recently. What gives? :shrug:

I did it twice today. Anything Kobe says is given greater significance by a good portion of this forum. Ppl need to remember that Kobe isn't some prophet or genius.

Vincent
07-11-2012, 03:13 PM
The Bulls are horribly bad without Rose.
Yeah they will prob make the playoffs cause its the East, but I mean they shouldnt even be allowed to because they would probably be swept in the 1st round.

I have never seen a group of more generic guys, non stars done what they have done this past season.

And I mean Carlos Boozer is arguably their best player next to Rose and he really really sucks

Well, keep thinking that.