PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mid-Level exception

Mave1002
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
This team would incredible with a great mix of young guns and established vets.

Having Kobe and Nash as our back court is great but we need a couple of young guys backing them up. IMO, they cant be going over 8-9mins/quarter.

Now that my first option Nick Young is apparently headed to the 76ers, makes me wonder who else is out there.

Maybe J.R Smith? Danny Green? Steve Novak?

Id still go for my 2nd option Brandon Rush. An inexpensive, perfect role-player who can provide good defense + 3s.

Any other thoughts?

lakersiznumber1
07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
1 courtney lee if we can get him for the min mil 2 jamison or 3 grant hill in that order but i think we can get hill for the vets

soundjunkies2
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Brandon Rush is at the top of my list.

TripleOcho3
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Ray Allen just signed with the Heat :puke:

I could see us using it on Rashard Lewis now...

Haeloine
07-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Ray Allen just signed with the Heat :puke:

I could see us using it on Rashard Lewis now...

Damn.. Makes it hell of a lot harder to guard Miami with another shooter in their bench..

Mave1002
07-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Damn.. Makes it hell of a lot harder to guard Miami with another shooter in their bench..

true..

IMO though, as long as theyre not getting a legit centerpiece, a star point guard, and the current rise in competition,

theyre still beatable.

gocoachmike
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Wishful thinking but I wish we,could somehow trade Blake and McRoberts! Lol
To me,they are just along for the ride...

But as far as FA's, perhaps Jamison, Gerald Green or Jodie Meeks???? I hear Farmar is going to be bought out. Maybe we can bring him back for cheap...

show34
07-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I will take T-MAC Elton Brand J R Smith Danny Green Rashard Lewis

Haeloine
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
true..

IMO though, as long as theyre not getting a legit centerpiece and a star point guard, theyre still beatable.

Hopefully your right man.. It just seems that with everybody concerned with guarding lebron, it'll give ray a lot of wide open threes which is money of course.. especially with miami going small in the finals with lebron at PF I think? he's gonna make pau his b-word

Haeloine
07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Is there any news if J.Hill will resign with us?

show34
07-06-2012, 10:07 PM
But who do we cut ties with murphy mc roberts godlouck Bynum

Haeloine
07-06-2012, 10:10 PM
But who do we cut ties with murphy mc roberts godlouck Bynum

Well obviously murph is out.. Thank goodness with that too.. he just plain sucked last year..

New Power House
07-07-2012, 02:33 AM

But as far as FA's, perhaps Jamison, Gerald Green or Jodie Meeks???? I hear Farmar is going to be bought out. Maybe we can bring him back for cheap...

FArmar>>>Blake or Sessions. But I get the feeling that Blake is going to be kept by his daddy!

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Jodie Meeks from Philly would be a good option as would Brandon Rush. Maybe Shannon Brown?

DownUnder
07-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Players that I think are gettable and that I'd take a chance on -MMLE (mini mid level exception). VM (vet min)

PG -
Lou Williams (MMLE)
Ramon Sessions (Bird rights?)
Johnny Flynn (VM)
Delonte West (VM)

SG -
OJ Mayo (MMLE or S&T)
Marco Bellinelli (VM)
Shannon Brown (VM)
Sasha Vujacic (VM)
Courtney Lee (MMLE)
Randy Foye (MMLE)
Brandon Rush (MMLE)
Jodie Meeks (VM)
Willie Green (VM)
Michael Redd (VM)

SF -
AK47 (MMLE)
Antawn Jamison (MMLE or S&T)
Grant Hill (either)
T-Mac (VM)
Gerald Green (either)
Matt Barnes (birds?)
Alonzo Gee (either or S&T)
Terrence Williams (either)
Devin Ebanks (birds?)

PF -
Ersan Ilyasova (MMLE or S&T)
Ryan Anderson (MMLE or S&T)
Jordan Hill (whatever it takes)
JJ Hickson (either)
Kenyon Martin (either)
Rashard Lewis (either)
Darrel Arthur (either)
Ronny Turiaf (VM)

C -
Marcus Camby (MMLE OR S&T)
Nenad Krstic (VM)
Mehmet Okur (VM)
Aaron Gray (either)
Ian Mahinmi (either)
Kwame Brown (VM)
Nazr Mohammed (VM)
Kyrylo Fesenko (VM)

My free agent MMLE starting five and back-ups from that lot would be;

Lou Williams/Ramon Sessions
OJ Mayo/Courtney Lee
Antawn Jamison/Alonzo Gee
Jordan Hill/Ersan Ilyasova
Marcus Camby/Ian Mahinmi

Davidgta1
07-07-2012, 08:55 AM
We should go after Jodie Meeks or The Machine Sasha Vujacic.

Davidgta1
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Jodie Meeks from Philly would be a good option as would Brandon Rush. Maybe Shannon Brown?

Hopefully if Jordan hill leaves he go's to GS so we could do a Sign an trade for Rush.

kobeonekenobe
07-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Brandon Rush, Lou Williams and Sessions would be the 3 id want. Was impressed with sessions during the regular season, just faded in the playoffs. Id love him to stay. But Rush and Williams would be a great 6th man for the purp and gold

Odominator
07-07-2012, 10:29 AM
What about D-fish? Would love to have him back in that locker room.

Iceman_9
07-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Elton brand if nobody wants him.

Haeloine
07-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Thought you had to wait a year before you can sign a player you traded..? :confused: please correct me if im wrong

Haeloine
07-07-2012, 11:54 AM

Doubt he'll make it out of the waiver wire without somebody bidding on him

gr824
07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Thought you had to wait a year before you can sign a player you traded..? :confused: please correct me if im wrong

I do not believe the 'waiting period' you are referring to applies now in the case of Fisher. Remember, the Lakers traded Fisher to the Rockets, NOT OKC. Houston decided to buy him out shortly after that swap and the Thunder subsequently picked him up as a FA ...

During that initial free agency period after the deal, the Lakers were restricted from bringing Fisher back. However, this second stint of free agency carries no such restriction, meaning the Lakers could resign Derek should they so desire, which I believe they do not ...

mufridaz
07-07-2012, 04:22 PM

One of the pieces sent by Brooklyn to Atlanta in the Johnson trade, point guard Jordan Farmar, next stop may be outside of the NBA. Farmar is widely expected to be waived once the moratorium is lifted on July 11 by the Hawks who acquired Devin Harris in a separate deal last week. According to a Sportando report, Farmar is in advanced negotiations with Turkish club Anadolu Efes Istanbul. The deal would be for two years with an option for a third season paying $2.5 million per season.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-saturday-free-agency-rumors-the-next-tier

mufridaz
07-07-2012, 04:33 PM
but what about raja bell? i know he's older but kobe loves him and he's still a lock down defender. could defend the harden's and the ginoblies while kobe is resting. and the wades.

i know raja wasn't happy last year so shouldn't be hard to get him if kobe makes the call. he made 3mil last year.

i guess we are getting grant hill for vet min? i guess he will be playing the 3 if he does come.

GailGoodrich
07-07-2012, 04:39 PM

It's a logical idea, but when I read your comment I had a viscerally negative reaction. I honestly think Fisher would be toxic to the Laker locker room now that Nash has signed, because Fisher was almost like Kobe's translator -- meaning Kobe never had to talk to anybody else like a human being.

Kobe and Nash need to get through all their baggage and really understand what it is that they're trying to do. I don't see how Fisher does anything but get in the way of that if he's in the room. (I'm actually hopeful that Kobe and Nash will figure out how they want to run the offense to the point that they don't even listen to Mike Brown when they're on the floor.)

I loved Fisher, but his time is over. Whatever he might bring to the locker room is something I'd gladly trade for a blithering idiot who can hit 3's.

mufridaz
07-07-2012, 04:47 PM

i had hoped we could trade blake + mcroberts for felton but not sure if he wants a back up role

then sign raja bell for mmle

grant hill vet min

that would give us

nash/felton/glock/morris
kobe/raja bell/odom
mwp/ebanks/grant hill /eyenga
pau/jordan hill
bynum/sacre

i see thunder are interested in ebanks. maybe we can pry perry jones III for ebanks.

mufridaz
07-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Brandon Rush, Lou Williams and Sessions would be the 3 id want. Was impressed with sessions during the regular season, just faded in the playoffs. Id love him to stay. But Rush and Williams would be a great 6th man for the purp and gold

sessions is out and here is why

he wants 5-6 mil per year * 3 years = 15-18 mil

lakers aren't going to sign him to a long term contract and not going to pay that kind of money to a guy that sits on the bench 4th quarters, was afraid to shoot the ball which made them not even guard him and they just double teamed our bigs not allowing us to feed the ball to them.

sessions is a backup 4.6 mil for this year is overpaying as it is. 3-4 mil is plenty.

maybe glock/morris/odom maybe one of those guys has a break out season but its not something i would count on.

mufridaz
07-07-2012, 04:57 PM

fisher sucks. don't want him back.

this is what he did dribble up slow take up 10 sec of shot clock give the ball to kobe, kobe gets double teamed and has to hit a 24 ft fade away with 2 sec on the clock.

all fisher does is stands by the 3 pt line and maybe 2 times a game will shoot a 3 and make one.

his defense is horrid, his offensive production is horrid, he sucks as a passer he can't even feed 2 huge 7 fters the ball.

he's good for once a game driving out of control to the basket and bricking a shot off the glass and falling on the floor which leaders to a fast break/dunk for other team.

he's good for one charge a game.

need to give the younger guys some game time. fisher isn't coming back to lakers unless its as an assistant coach.

vet min at most but i wouldn't even do that.

mufridaz
07-07-2012, 05:01 PM

i could be wrong but amnestied players...don't teams under the cap get first bids on them?

since we are over the cap doubt we get a chance.

like billups last year...

i guess if players say they want to play for a particular team they can make that happen.

its so funny how mavs thought they were getting dwill/dirk/d12 and ended up with nothing.

look for them to get some of these amnestied players.

elton brand sucks he's undersized fat slow give me jordan hill over brand.

i would rather have antwon jamison over brand if he's cheap. i'm unc fan:) ha

gr824
07-07-2012, 05:02 PM
sessions is out and here is why

he wants 5-6 mil per year * 3 years = 15-18 mil
lakers aren't going to sign him to a long term contract and not going to pay that kind of money to a guy that sits on the bench 4th quarters, was afraid to shoot the ball which made them not even guard him and they just double teamed our bigs not allowing us to feed the ball to them.

sessions is a backup 4.6 mil for this year is overpaying as it is. 3-4 mil is plenty.

maybe glock/morris/odom maybe one of those guys has a break out season but its not something i would count on.

You keep saying this ... But Sessions has not ...

What Sessions has said is that he wants the security of a multi-year deal and did not want to play on an expiring contract, thus he opted out. I am sure he would sign with the Lakers for, say, four years, $15 million total, and they could perhaps get him for a 3-year, $12 million deal or maybe even 2 years @ $8 to $9 million total ...

In any case, he has value as a potential 'S & T' and I imagine the Lakers are investigating that option as well ...

jonesyLakeShow
07-07-2012, 05:04 PM
What do u guys think ??

popo85
07-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Redd for the LLE

MLE choices-
Jamison
Belinelli

gr824
07-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Redd for the LLE

MLE choices-
Jamison
Belinelli

The LLE [ aka BAE ], as we knew it previously, no longer exists with the new CBA ...

lpdunks8
07-07-2012, 06:34 PM
The LLE [ aka BAE ], as we knew it previously, no longer exists with the new CBA ...

There is still a BAE. I'm not sure what the rules on it were before though:

BI-ANNUAL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only to teams that are below the "apron" (i.e., not paying luxury tax, or less than $4 million above the tax line). This determination is made after the exception is used, so a team below the apron cannot use this exception if doing so takes them above the apron. It cannot be used if the team has already used the Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception or the Room Mid-Level exception. It allows a team to sign any free agent, starting at up to the following amounts:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

gr824
07-07-2012, 06:54 PM
There is still a BAE. I'm not sure what the rules on it were before though:

BI-ANNUAL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only to teams that are below the "apron" (i.e., not paying luxury tax, or less than $4 million above the tax line). This determination is made after the exception is used, so a team below the apron cannot use this exception if doing so takes them above the apron. It cannot be used if the team has already used the Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception or the Room Mid-Level exception. It allows a team to sign any free agent, starting at up to the following amounts:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Yes ... Thanks ...

I am aware of this "new" BAE. But it is not the same as the old LLE/BAE, with the biggest difference from our standpoint being that the Lakers got an 'old' one to utilize every two seasons whereas they do not qualify for this "new" one and may not for several seasons going forward, depending on how things shake out in terms of personnel changes/acquisitions ...

lakeshow12
07-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Personally, the Lakers should pick up Steve Novak with the MMLE. I don't think Knicks would match that offer,if we offer him about 3.5 million. I think he would be the perfect fit for the Lakers, since we just signed Nash. Yes or No?

gr824
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Personally, the Lakers should pick up Steve Novak with the MMLE. I don't think Knicks would match that offer,if we offer him about 3.5 million. I think he would be the perfect fit for the Lakers, since we just signed Nash. Yes or No?

No can do [ at least not with the mMLE ]. The current first-year maximum for the mini-MLE is $3.09 million ...

gocoachmike
07-07-2012, 07:54 PM
One of the pieces sent by Brooklyn to Atlanta in the Johnson trade, point guard Jordan Farmar, next stop may be outside of the NBA. Farmar is widely expected to be waived once the moratorium is lifted on July 11 by the Hawks who acquired Devin Harris in a separate deal last week. According to a Sportando report, Farmar is in advanced negotiations with Turkish club Anadolu Efes Istanbul. The deal would be for two years with an option for a third season paying $2.5 million per season.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-saturday-free-agency-rumors-the-next-tier

Oh ok, I didnt knw tht. Thx 4 the info.

gocoachmike
07-07-2012, 08:10 PM
i had hoped we could trade blake + mcroberts for felton but not sure if he wants a back up role

grant hill vet min

that would give us

nash/felton/glock/morris
kobe/raja bell/odom
pau/jordan hill
bynum/sacre

i see thunder are interested in ebanks. maybe we can pry perry jones III for ebanks.

Yeah I could go these moves!

cirzti
07-07-2012, 08:24 PM
we can use our Mini mid for gerald green,like this guys game now,good shooter,athletic,lots of potential

mufridaz
07-07-2012, 10:02 PM

lakers have interest in this kid

------
http://www.hoopsworld.com/daily-nba-news

Lakers May Have Interest in Jodie Meeks

July 7, 2012

The Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in unrestricted free agent Jodie Meeks, according to sources close to the situation.

via Alex Kennedy via Twitter

lakeshow12
07-07-2012, 10:37 PM
No can do [ at least not with the mMLE ]. The current first-year maximum for the mini-MLE is $3.09 million ...

The point was , I don't see NY Knicks matching the offer, if we offer him enoug money. He only made 0.9 million last year. With Nash on our team, he worth 3 million to have. We need his shooting, no doubt.

Mr. NBA
07-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Phoenix Suns have now withdrawn Point Guard Aaron Brooks.

Aaron Brooks is now an unrestricted free agent.

showtime24
07-07-2012, 11:32 PM
^Hope we get him.

Mave1002
07-07-2012, 11:42 PM

grant hill vet min

that would give us

nash/felton/glock/morris
kobe/raja bell/odom
pau/jordan hill
bynum/sacre

Bell is fine if we cant get Brandon Rush or Courtney Lee.

But he's a bit too much for the MMLE. Doesnt he qualify for Vet Min?

b-ballistic
07-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I think we should really make a strong push to get Gerald Green. That guy was playin' through the roof last year. Even his Fg% and 3pt% were high, as well as his jumpers.
We should even trade for him if we have to. I think a lot of teams will offer him a high salary.....but Nets won't because of their recent signings. Since they might want an expiring contract, we could trade Metta. They do S&T, we get Gerald and can sign him for more than minimum.

Then, we need to sign one of these three guys: Rush, Barbosa, S. Brown

b-ballistic
07-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Please not Raja Bell.

jayjay33
07-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Lee.....not even close!

Iron24th
07-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Bell? No way, this moron screwed us two years ago for utah, he's old and washed up, now he can die in utah if he wants to.

popo85
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Bell? No way, this moron screwed us two years ago for utah, he's old and washed up, now he can die in utah if he wants to.

Yup Bells done.

BrewinRamLakers
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Lakers are capped out.

b-ballistic
07-09-2012, 12:41 AM
well, they're still interested in Bell, so they must have some flexibility.
Trade Metta and his expiring for Gerald Green..........

Haeloine
07-09-2012, 01:37 AM
well, they're still interested in Bell, so they must have some flexibility.
Trade Metta and his expiring for Gerald Green..........

Thought Metta was expiring next season?

Haeloine
07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Hey would you guys accept shannon brown again if we get him for dirt cheap? he did well last year in phx didnt he?

b-ballistic
07-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Thought Metta was expiring next season?

That's what i mean. We can trade Metta along with his expiring contract (which Brooklyn could really use right now) in exchange for Green. Why? Because even though Green would probably love to play on that team right now, they will not be able to pay him more than a minimum contract. But if we trade Metta's contract, then we can pay Green with that plus the minimum. Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be nice to add Green into this line-up with Nash.

1.Nash
2.Bryant
3.Green, G.
4.Gasol
5.Bynum

b-ballistic
07-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Hey would you guys accept shannon brown again if we get him for dirt cheap? he did well last year in phx didnt he?

I've been pluggin' Nash, S. Brown, and G. Green since free agency started. One down....two to go. But we need to retain Hill, so maybe either Green or Brown.

Haeloine
07-09-2012, 02:10 AM
I've been pluggin' Nash, S. Brown, and G. Green since free agency started. One down....two to go. But we need to retain Hill, so maybe either Green or Brown.

The problem is what we have to offer them.. I think they arent qualified to take the vet min yet, right? i dont wanna waste the MMLE just yet.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Honestly, I see a bench of Blake, McBob, Meeks, and the 2 Hills next yr. Don't know if that's good enough, but we'll just have to make it work. Better than last yr, but good enough to win a title?

Haeloine
07-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Honestly, I see a bench of Blake, McBob, Meeks, and the 2 Hills next yr. Don't know if that's good enough, but we'll just have to make it work. Better than last yr, but good enough to win a title?

I think we still lack that scoring spark of the bench though? i feel those guys minus g.hill will be timid in scoring the rock

LA_Raiders
07-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Lee, Brand, Both Hills are feasible....

cg_la00
07-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Im really hoping for us to sign danny green or rush for our mini midlevel (considering lou williams or mayo wnt accept that) and sign grant hill and elton brand with vet min and resign hill

jayjay33
07-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Lee, Brand, Both Hills are feasible....

If they don't do everything to get lee, they most likely won't win a ship. We need a shooter/ ball handler who can defend the likes of Westbrook when needed. No body else fits that bill. We would need 2 or 3 guys to fill all the holes he can fill by himself.

kblo247
07-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Jamison should be the target. The bench struggled to score 10 a night in the postseason, he can bettet that himself just like Odom could

jayjay33
07-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Jamison should be the target. The bench struggled to score 10 a night in the postseason, he can bettet that himself just like Odom could

Jamison...doesn't give us a shooter doesn't give us a defender , doesn't give us athletism doesn't give us youth. I would much rather have lee and grant or even Lewis at least he can shoot. Odom played away from the goal. Jamison is just gonna get in Bynum and gasol's and kobe's way. We need shooters, slashers and defenders not more guys clogging it up down low.

shep33
07-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Grant Hill and Antawn would be nice... Brandon Rush, Grant Hill and Antawn would be better

kblo247
07-09-2012, 05:09 AM
Jamison...doesn't give us a shooter doesn't give us a defender , doesn't give us athletism doesn't give us youth. I would much rather have lee and grant or even Lewis at least he can shoot. Odom played away from the goal. Jamison is just gonna get in Bynum and gasol's and kobe's way. We need shooters, slashers and defenders not more guys clogging it up down low.

Lewis shot below 30% last year? Jamison shot the 3 at 34%, averaged 17 a night, and only missed 1 game due to a flu. Jamison also rebounds very well. Hell he once averaged 32 and 10 in a playoff series. C'mon son.

That bench needs points. It needs a go to scorer so there aren't droughts. The idea that Jamison can't play stretch 4 better Gasol is just laughable especially when Ron and Kobe shot better in the playoffs than him outside the paint, which shows how busted his playoff j has been the past two years. Jamsion is needed.

Brand ain't even feasible as there is no way in hell he makes it through the amnesty bidding unless if he flat out retires or says he will, doesn't turn in papers, and then waits months to return. Dallas will bid on him just to fill their roster out, and Charlotte may too of they want a vet in the locker room. Bucks are also big less with Illy looking to sign elsewhere

Russia RFA and Jckson loves him so any mmle offer will be matched. Lee is someone I'd love to have but he should look at Boston where he could possibly start with Bradley down or even Indy as they offer more pt than us. Being Grant on in I say as he is still a heck of a defender and point forward for cheap.

jayjay33
07-09-2012, 05:59 AM

Lewis shot below 30% last year? Jamison shot the 3 at 34%, averaged 17 a night, and only missed 1 game due to a flu. Jamison also rebounds very well. Hell he once averaged 32 and 10 in a playoff series. C'mon son.

That bench needs points. It needs a go to scorer so there aren't droughts. The idea that Jamison can't play stretch 4 better Gasol is just laughable especially when Ron and Kobe shot better in the playoffs than him outside the paint, which shows how busted his playoff j has been the past two years. Jamsion is needed.

Brand ain't even feasible as there is no way in hell he makes it through the amnesty bidding unless if he flat out retires or says he will, doesn't turn in papers, and then waits months to return. Dallas will bid on him just to fill their roster out, and Charlotte may too of they want a vet in the locker room. Bucks are also big less with Illy looking to sign elsewhere

Russia RFA and Jckson loves him so any mmle offer will be matched. Lee is someone I'd love to have but he should look at Boston where he could possibly start with Bradley down or even Indy as they offer more pt than us. Being Grant on in I say as he is still a heck of a defender and point forward for cheap.

Last year in Washington? Jamison is in know way a better shooter than lewis? It's not even close. Lewis is a shooter, jamison is not. I'm sure you know that. Jamison is not only not a shooter and he is not a slasher like odom was. He wants to play around the basket. it's going to be a conflict I guarantee you. And he can't defend on top of that

Lee will see more mins with us than the pacers or the celts they have lots of Gaurds...rondo, avery, jet,.....hill collision, george... All still running strong. We have 2 Gaurds who are old and mins need to be watched, not to mention sliding kobe to the sf. To have more 3pt shooting. lee will play starters mins. Your right we do need scoring but it needs to be a wing who can get their own scoring. Not another guy trying to get it around the paint.

An no pau can't be a stretch 4 but neither is Jamison. Don't get me wrong Jamison can score but the way he does it is going to cause more problems... I just don't think he will fit well with 2 big who want to score. He is gonna end up out at the 3pt line
chucking....and if thats what you want, Lewis is a MUCH better shooter than he is.

We agree on lee and grant...being good fits. But not Jamison....not unless pau or drew is going to get out the paint for him to operate.

NBAfan4life
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Jamison, Hill, Lee, and Rush are the only ones I care about

Haeloine
07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Do we have any news bout jodie meeks?

Mave1002
07-09-2012, 06:21 PM
That's what i mean. We can trade Metta along with his expiring contract (which Brooklyn could really use right now) in exchange for Green. Why? Because even though Green would probably love to play on that team right now, they will not be able to pay him more than a minimum contract. But if we trade Metta's contract, then we can pay Green with that plus the minimum. Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be nice to add Green into this line-up with Nash.

1.Nash
2.Bryant
3.Green, G.
4.Gasol
5.Bynum

Now is the time to keep Ron Artest. He's our best defender.

I remember two games when he made two crucial defensive plays against 2 elite point guards that turned out to be the keys to victory.

Those were Cp3 and Steve Nash. We can even switch him to the four to defend even the likes of Blake Griffin. I dont see anyone that can match what Ron gives us. Also, we should give all our players their chance to shine with our newly acquired two-time MVP.

I still say,

1.) Re-sign Jordan Hill,

2.) Sign veterans Grant Hill and/or Rashard Lewis

2.) Get Kobe a back-up for the MMLE (Courtney Lee/Brandon Rush)

3.) Get Nash a back-up for cheap or just lure Sessions back in

AB17
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Hill
Lewis
Hill
Lee
Sessions

Sacre
Eyenga
DJO
Glock
Morris

SET.

b-ballistic
07-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Now is the time to keep Ron Artest. He's our best defender.

I remember two games when he made two crucial defensive plays against 2 elite point guards that turned out to be the keys to victory.

Those were Cp3 and Steve Nash. We can even switch him to the four to defend even the likes of Blake Griffin. I dont see anyone that can match what Ron gives us. Also, we should give all our players their chance to shine with our newly acquired two-time MVP.

I still say,

1.) Re-sign Jordan Hill,

2.) Sign veterans Grant Hill and/or Rashard Lewis

2.) Get Kobe a back-up for the MMLE (Courtney Lee/Brandon Rush)

3.) Get Nash a back-up for cheap or just lure Sessions back in

AB17
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Hill
Lewis
Hill
Lee
Sessions

Sacre
Eyenga
DJO
Glock
Morris

SET.

Good points here.............but i'd love to see Green with this lineup somehow

b-ballistic
07-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Gerald Green shot 48% from the field last year.

39% from beyond the arc
13 ppg in 25 min.
Not to mention he's young (26)
Can play 2 or 3
And he can jump through the roof
Can you say "Showtime?"
Get this guy somehow, Mitch!

New Power House
07-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Lee will be awesome,but OJ Mayo wont be a disappointment. Just dreaming! Reality tells me that Blake will play mayor minutes to continue to help Brown to destroy us! I hope not!!!! Get rid of Blake! Carlos Delfino, Belinelli, J. Meeks, G. Hill, felton, Bayless, Barbosa, AJ Price to name some.

KillaInstinct24
07-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Gerald Green shot 48% from the field last year.

39% from beyond the arc
13 ppg in 25 min.
Not to mention he's young (26)
Can play 2 or 3
And he can jump through the roof
Can you say "Showtime?"
Get this guy somehow, Mitch!

how many chances did we give this kid though

b-ballistic
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I think he's definitely worth another chance. Not many guys who shoot that many threes can maintain such a high, overall shooting percentage

Mave1002
07-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Lee will be awesome,but OJ Mayo wont be a disappointment. Just dreaming! Reality tells me that Blake will play mayor minutes to continue to help Brown to destroy us! I hope not!!!! Get rid of Blake! Carlos Delfino, Belinelli, J. Meeks, G. Hill, felton, Bayless, Barbosa, AJ Price to name some.

Realistically though, can we say that it is impossible (financially) for us to acquire OJ Mayo?

That bench would be sick.

Mave1002
07-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Good points here.............but i'd love to see Green with this lineup somehow

Green is fine, but IMO we need the bench to provide some really good defense given the current rise in competition.

Grant Hill and Courtney Lee will bring this necessity.

Haeloine
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Seems like the Lakers are interested in lee after all...

* The Lakers are believed to be among the eight teams pursuing free agent guard Courtney Lee (Rockets). If they do land Lee, it would likely have to be in a sign-and-trade because of their salary-cap situation. The Celtics, Grizzlies and Nuggets are also supposedly interested.

Follow Sam Amico on Twitter @SamAmicoFSO

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/07/09/12/NBA-notes-Cavs-could-do-worse-than-Humph/landing.html?blockID=758520&feedID=3725

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Green is fine, but IMO we need the bench to provide some really good defense given the current rise in competition.

Grant Hill and Courtney Lee will bring this necessity.

Yes Yes Yes! grant lee and jordan and i think were winning it all. steve will get the bigs the ball and shoot lights out.

grant will tag team with metta to defend the other teams scoring wings and make him work.

lee will give us scoring off the bench, a athletic shooter to space the floor, a solid ball handler AND most of all sombody we can put on westbrook or parker or paul who will make them work! He can paly in the back court with kobe when we needs to set up the D and still at the same time be a asset on the offensive end.

An jordan will just be a beast rotating along side drew and pau.

We would have imo the best guard and big rotations in the NBA. kobe nash lee and drew pau jordan. With grant and metta locked in on durant, lebron, pirece...etc. add in nash and kobe's clutchnees at the end of a game.

Add in nash and kobe's clutchnees at the end of a game and that is very,very hard to beat. The only problem would be MIKE BROWN.

jayjay33
07-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Seems like the Lakers are interested in lee after all...

* The Lakers are believed to be among the eight teams pursuing free agent guard Courtney Lee (Rockets). If they do land Lee, it would likely have to be in a sign-and-trade because of their salary-cap situation. The Celtics, Grizzlies and Nuggets are also supposedly interested.

Follow Sam Amico on Twitter @SamAmicoFSO

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/07/09/12/NBA-notes-Cavs-could-do-worse-than-Humph/landing.html?blockID=758520&feedID=3725

Please god let this happen!

kobeonekenobe
07-10-2012, 08:56 AM
This is how i'd like to see our rotation this upcoming season. Screw Dwight, he aint coming.

PG Nash/Blake/Morris
SG Kobe/Pietrus/Goudlocke
SF Metta/Pietrus/Ebanks
PF Gasol/J.Hill/Mcroberts
C Bynum,J.Hill/Sacre

Gasol will thrive with Nash running the pick and roll with him, we cant trade him now

We need strong perimeter D. Metta, and Pietrus provide that

Blake (would rather Sessions) provides good backup for Nash

J.Hill can provide relief at both PF/C positions as can Pietrus at SG/SF

Then we have alot of youth rounding out the roster Morris/Goudlocke/Ebanks/Mcroberts/Sacre

alleyooptocoop
07-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah, screw Dwight. Pick up S. Brown and give HIM number 12.

RPLAKESHOW_33
07-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Im new here so nice to meet you guys. I think we should use the MLE on Marco Belinelli the dude can ball and would be great off the bench behind kobe and great with nash as well.

Thoughts?

alleyooptocoop
07-11-2012, 10:02 PM
well, forget about gerald green. he's going to indiana waaaaaaaaaah!

alleyooptocoop
07-11-2012, 10:03 PM
we really need brandon rush

cg_la00
07-11-2012, 10:06 PM
i feel like brandon rush is our only option at this point lol unless we pull mayo out of our ***** :pray:

alleyooptocoop
07-11-2012, 10:07 PM
i feel like brandon rush is our only option at this point lol unless we pull mayo out of our ***** :pray:

word!

gocoachmike
07-11-2012, 10:32 PM

I agree! Maybe we can trade Blake or McRoberts or both! Lol Or use the amnesty on Metta or Blake to free up cap space and sign all of them.

mufridaz
07-12-2012, 07:03 AM
jamison looks like he's going to nets

brand will probally go to dallas or a team under the cap

resign jordan hill

get grant hill vet min

get jodie meeks mmle (if 8 teams trying for courtney lee doubt will be in our range)

nash/blake/morris/glock
kobe/jodie meeks/odom
mwp/grant hill/ebanks/eyenga
pau/mcroberts
bynum/jordan hill/sacre

i don't really like blake or mcroberts staying. if we pick up grant hill and kobe's backup and keep the guys we got that's 16. our roster is 15 and most years we roll with 14 in case we do a trade mid season to remain flexible. so who goes?

rashad lewis went to heat

Rocco007
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
rick_bonnell Antawn Jamison options include Lakers vet-minimum and a sign-and-trade from Cavs-to-Nets. #Bobcats have plenty of competition.

alleyooptocoop
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
i think the dwight situation is starting to affect our FA signings (or lack thereof). we need to forget about him and get some bench players, geewiz

DownUnder
07-12-2012, 08:38 AM
rick_bonnell Antawn Jamison options include Lakers vet-minimum and a sign-and-trade from Cavs-to-Nets. #Bobcats have plenty of competition.

I don't get why we don't look for a S&T for Jamison. Actually saves us money. Maybe not Blake so much, but McRoberts could be appealing.

Allegedly the FO actually don't want to spend the mini-MLE.

alleyooptocoop
07-12-2012, 08:39 AM
you guys think we could lure james johnson away from toronto? that guy had some monster games and he's a man's man.

gr824
07-12-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't get why we don't look for a S&T for Jamison. Actually saves us money. Maybe not Blake so much, but McRoberts could be appealing.

Allegedly, the Lakers were not going to use the Odom TPE either ... But the FO did after all ...

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Grant Hill and Antawn would be nice... Brandon Rush, Grant Hill and Antawn would be better

Brandon Rush, Grant Hill, Antawn Jamison and Dwight Howard would be 10x better. :D

bluefire7002
07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes Yes Yes! grant lee and jordan and i think were winning it all. steve will get the bigs the ball and shoot lights out.

grant will tag team with metta to defend the other teams scoring wings and make him work.

lee will give us scoring off the bench, a athletic shooter to space the floor, a solid ball handler AND most of all sombody we can put on westbrook or parker or paul who will make them work! He can paly in the back court with kobe when we needs to set up the D and still at the same time be a asset on the offensive end.

An jordan will just be a beast rotating along side drew and pau.

We would have imo the best guard and big rotations in the NBA. kobe nash lee and drew pau jordan. With grant and metta locked in on durant, lebron, pirece...etc. add in nash and kobe's clutchnees at the end of a game.

Add in nash and kobe's clutchnees at the end of a game and that is very,very hard to beat. The only problem would be MIKE BROWN.

If only we could Amnesty our couch :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Actually, I was really thinking about this, and I think if the right player came and he's really worth it, like legit worth it, then the Lakers would use the entire mini-MLE on that player.

Think about it, the new CBA was endorsed, and the Lakers quickly acted upon using their full mini-MLE to sign Josh Freakin McRoberts!

I think that right there made the Lakers really self-evaluate themselves in saying that they have to be very smart and selective in giving bums like McBob the mini-mLE when it could be better served for another player.

You never know, guys gets bought out, waived etc, and if they get through the waiver process, then maybe that gem right there could be worth the mini-MLE. This why I think the Lakers are being very patient.

bluefire7002
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Brandon Rush, Grant Hill, Antawn Jamison and Dwight Howard would be 10x better. :D

Hahah this...
All honesty, lakers have to do something soon or all free agents worth picking up are going to go elsewhere. What hurts more is their going to legit contenders:mad:

If we were to start playing tonight, our bench would be Horrid... I give props to our FO and everything for picking up Nash but if you look at it our biggest weakness last season was still our bench.

DoubleDragon
07-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Delonte West, Grant Hill (great defenders), Bellinelli.
Bam!
Done.

gocoachmike
07-12-2012, 01:11 PM

I agree! Jamison is better,hands down!! Lewis pretty much is just a jump shooter. Not going to give you anything else... Horrible rebounder at 6'10 and has no low post game!

Jamison can score in many ways and he also is a better rebounder and still,very durable... The bench needs instant offense that he can provide with a more versatile game.

Vinylman
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Allegedly, the Lakers were not going to use the Odom TPE either ... But the FO did after all ...

no disrespect... but using the tpe is irrelevant when you don't resign sessions...

sessions resigned is not much different in salary than Nash...

while technically we used it we definitely didn't use it to add significantly more payroll nor multiple players...

in the end ... the lakers are in cut payroll mode while presenting the illusion of being competitive for a chip

Did you notice the Lakers LT payment (even when adjusted for the shortened season) went DOWN year over year?

Mave1002
07-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Hill
Scola
Hill
Lee
Blake

If we will have this bench by October, I will stop hating on Steve Blake already.