PDA

View Full Version : Ersan Ilyasova rejects Bucks inital offer, has visits lined up

Giannis94
07-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Link (http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-beat-ilyasova-free-agency-tour-set-to-begin/article_4e562cd0-c709-11e1-9fed-0019bb2963f4.html)

Multiple places reported that the Bucks Ilyasova was offerd 5 years/40 mill from the Bucks. Looks like he wants more.......

The Ersan Ilyasova Tour is about to begin.

Ilyasova, the Milwaukee Bucks talented young forward who is an unrestricted free agent, intends on meeting with representatives of several NBA teams over the next week.

“We plan on visiting three teams in the next week and maybe some after that,” said Tolga Tugsavul, one of Ilyasova’s representatives, in a telephone interview from Turkey. “We will be talking to some teams in Europe, too.”

Ilyasova is a coveted free agent. Just 25 years old, he is coming off a stellar season in which he averaged 13 points and 8.8 rebounds in just 27 minutes a game.

In the last 13 games, Ilyasova scored 16 or more points in eight of them. In that same span, he had eight games where he collected 10 or more rebounds.

Ilyasova raised eyebrows around the NBA with a monster game against Brooklyn, nee New Jersey. That’s when he scored 29 points and grabbed 25 rebounds.

The Bucks have presented Ilyasova with a guaranteed five-year contract, apparently between $7-8 million a year. That would make Ilyasova the second-highest paid player on the Bucks’ roster behind Monta Ellis, who’ll be paid $11 million this season.

However, at $8 million a season, Ilyasova would be paid just slightly more than backup guard Beno Udrih, who’ll be paid $7.8 next season. Udrih’s number paled in comparison to Ilyasova’s as he averaged a mere 5.9 points and 18 minutes a game as a non-starter.

Tugsavul made it quite clear the Bucks’ offer wasn’t acceptable for him.

“We’re looking for a better offer,” Tugsavul said succinctly.

While Tugsavul was guarded about Ilyasova’s intentions, some acquaintances of Ilyasova told The Journal Times he wasn’t particularly content in Milwaukee and would sign with another team that made a comparable or better offer than the Bucks.

Tugsavul wouldn’t divulge how much Ilyasova is seeking, but some people who have been involved with Ilyasova’s free-agent activities said it was $10 million a season.
Asked when he expected Ilyasova to select a team, Tugsavul said, “within the next 10 days.”

Bucks keeping busy

Corey
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
16 and 9 on 55%fg and 50%3pt post allstar break.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
S&T to Brooklyn for Humphries + picks :pray:

nicegoing
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
He put up good numbers and had one of the best games of the season.

lakerboy
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Send him to Brooklyn!

ACanadian
07-06-2012, 09:02 PM
I bet the Raptors is one of the team's who wants to meet with him

jmoney85
07-06-2012, 09:15 PM
if asik got 8 hes def getting 10

unleashthebeast
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Very underrated player. I expect him to get a pretty good payday

BigBongTheory
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Dude could be a beast in the NBA, Ilyasova at 10-11 is way more justifiable than Asik at 8.

jmoney85
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Very underrated player. I expect him to get a pretty good payday

this.... very underrated... he raped kris humphries harder than any PF in league last season lol

KnicksR4Real
07-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't get it. He isn't that good. Anyone else agree? I think he was a one-hit wonder just like Lin.

Beantownsboss
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
He's right around Greens level, that makes the potential Green signing not look that bad. Even though I don't think it's a bad signing anyways.

b@llhog24
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
He's right around Greens level, that makes the potential Green signing not look that bad. Even though I don't think it's a bad signing anyways.

Lmao.

jmoney85
07-06-2012, 09:45 PM

green?

Giannis94
07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
green?

Must mean Denny Green. Thats what his logic suggests at least.

JerseysFinest
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Question for Bucks fans. Say Ersan does want Brooklyn, would Hammond entertain something like a Humphries S&T for him?

Robbw241
07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I like him in BK but not for that money.

crewfan13
07-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Question for Bucks fans. Say Ersan does want Brooklyn, would Hammond entertain something like a Humphries S&T for him?

I would hope not. Its not that I don't like Hump as a player, its just that we don't really have a need at PF, even if Ersan leaves.

I will say after watching Ersan though, his numbers are a bit deceiving. He really beat up on the not so great teams and really seemed to shoot well and play well against them, but then he wouldn't show up against the good teams. I like him as a player, but I don't think he's worth $10 mill. He does still have upside and needs to learn to get more consistent, especially with his performances and shooting, but $10 mill at this point is too much for him IMO.

Again, ask dudes in the Bucks forum, I'm one of Ersan's biggest fans, but if you sign him with the intent of him being a very important peice on a championship team, then he'll be a disappointment. If you sign him with the intent of him being a nice additional piece on a good team, I think you'll be happy.

dtmagnet
07-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I forget is he a small forward or power forward?

jmoney85
07-06-2012, 11:27 PM
i forget is he a small forward or power forward?

pf

EasternStar
07-06-2012, 11:27 PM
S&T to Brooklyn for Humphries + picks :pray:

Adam Sandler voice: AAHAHAHAHAHA, SHUUTT UP!

llemon
07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
16 and 9 on 55%fg and 50%3pt post allstar break.

So if he doesn't play until after the All-Star break, he's golden.

llemon
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Dude could be a beast in the NBA, Ilyasova at 10-11 is way more justifiable than Asik at 8.

Asik is a Center

69centers
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
I will say after watching Ersan though, his numbers are a bit deceiving. He really beat up on the not so great teams and really seemed to shoot well and play well against them, but then he wouldn't show up against the good teams.

He had double doubles and double digit rebounding games against good teams. And he didn't just "beat up" on bad teams, he pulverized them. I didn't see anyone else in the league putting up 29/25 against the Nets, Bobcats, or Wizards.

jtrinaldi
07-06-2012, 11:36 PM
question for bucks fans. Say ersan does want brooklyn, would hammond entertain something like a humphries s&t for him?

we want brooks!!!!

netsgiantsyanks
07-06-2012, 11:38 PM
^no.

Giannis94
07-06-2012, 11:52 PM
^no.

Why? Your gm went from being one of the worst to one of the greatest in history....

Six-8-TheWizard
07-06-2012, 11:56 PM
green?

Jeff Green

THE MTL
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Come to the Knicks somehow

TeamSeattle
07-07-2012, 12:00 AM
The guy is very serviceable rebounder...wherever he goes he should fit right in.

EvanTurner
07-07-2012, 12:00 AM
The sixers amnestied brand to get this guy and nock young

Corey
07-07-2012, 12:05 AM
So if he doesn't play until after the All-Star break, he's golden.

I used post all-star as a gauge because that's when he jumped about 5mpg from the injuries to the Bucks front court.

His per36 numbers for the year were 17 and 11. Not too shabby.

I still think he's an average player putting up numbers on a mediocre team, but we'll see.

I dont think he's worth the money he's asking for.

Losoway
07-07-2012, 12:51 AM
he just doesnt wanna play with jennings . that nugga dont ever pass

crewfan13
07-07-2012, 01:29 PM
He had double doubles and double digit rebounding games against good teams. And he didn't just "beat up" on bad teams, he pulverized them. I didn't see anyone else in the league putting up 29/25 against the Nets, Bobcats, or Wizards.

Say what you want, but I watched a pretty good portion of Bucks games. The guy disappeared a lot. I am a fan of his and want the Bucks to resign him, but I think he needs to prove a lot more than he did last year. Sure he "pulverized" bad teams, but you don't play bad teams in the playoffs. He did have some double doubles against decent teams, but he was a completely different player against those teams. He was pretty much just another guy on the floor who grabbed a couple boards and hit a few shots, but really didn't dominate a game at all.

His main strength is that he's an incredible hustler on the offensive glass, and has good form on his jumper. His problem is that his jumper isn't always there and he tends to fade away a lot, causing some of the inconsistency. I know his numbers show improvement and he has gotten better, but when he's shooting a wide open three, you don't celebrate before he shoots it, you're on the edge of your seat thinking who knows if its going in or not. He's willing to take charges, but outside of that, he's a below average defender.

Like I said he's a good player. I'm not great at analyzing exactly how much I think a player is worth contract wise, I just don't know enough about the numbers and similar players, market value and ect. But from what I do know about contracts, $10 mill seems high for him. The Bucks offered him $8mill, which seemed a bit high, but more acceptable. If I had to guess, I'd say he'd be more likely to be a $5-7 mill guy, with a couple backloaded mutual or team options as the last 2 years if he does continue to improve.

JerseysFinest
07-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I would hope not. Its not that I don't like Hump as a player, its just that we don't really have a need at PF, even if Ersan leaves.

I will say after watching Ersan though, his numbers are a bit deceiving. He really beat up on the not so great teams and really seemed to shoot well and play well against them, but then he wouldn't show up against the good teams. I like him as a player, but I don't think he's worth $10 mill. He does still have upside and needs to learn to get more consistent, especially with his performances and shooting, but $10 mill at this point is too much for him IMO.

Again, ask dudes in the Bucks forum, I'm one of Ersan's biggest fans, but if you sign him with the intent of him being a very important peice on a championship team, then he'll be a disappointment. If you sign him with the intent of him being a nice additional piece on a good team, I think you'll be happy.

Thanks for the feedback. It's looking like if he doesn't stay with Milwaukee, Cleveland or another team will scoop him up.

ssnsocalfan
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
This dude is Vlad Rad.... I will pass

cbreezy34
07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
God I hope the Sixers arent really about to get this guy. He is so overrated... him and Nic Batum are just products of a weak overall class.

jetsfan28
07-07-2012, 02:45 PM
I really think Brooklyn is the best fit for him, but I wouldn't be shocked if he signs with Phoenix once New Orleans matches Gordon