PDA

View Full Version : Celtics will offer Ray Allen a No-Trade Clause or Trade-Kicker if he Re-signs

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
The Celtics havenít given up hope that they can re-sign Allen. Boston has remained in contact with Allen and theyíre reportedly prepared to offer a no-trade clause or trade kicker to the future Hall of Famer since he was concerned about his job security after nearly being dealt to the Memphis Grizzlies at last yearís trade deadline. Boston is doubling Miamiís contract, offering to pay Allen $6 million per season.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-nets-magic-discuss-howard-trade

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-06-2012, 08:27 PM
curious tho.. how will they give him playing time?

at least with the heat, he would def be on court a lot more, especially durign crunch time..

robdog_5
07-06-2012, 08:28 PM
They will find a way, doc can manage people as good as anyone

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-06-2012, 08:31 PM
curious tho.. how will they give him playing time?

at least with the heat, he would def be on court a lot more, especially durign crunch time..

Playing time? Um...maybe the since way they've been doing it since 07?

Only now, they have a legit instant offense scorer off the bench in JET, something they haven't really had the last 2 yrs.

J4KOP99
07-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Is Boston's sole reason for wanting him because they don't want him to go to Miami? It doesn't seem like Ray fits with Boston anymore.

Toastyy
07-06-2012, 08:32 PM
hahahaha smh

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Only now, they have a legit instant offense scorer off the bench in JET, something they haven't really had the last 2 yrs.

umm.. not sure if u know this but..

rondo, dooling, bradley, terry, pietrus, pierce.

insert allen, and tell me how 2007,2008,2009,2010 or 2011's playing time have ANYTHING to do with this years?

Corey
07-06-2012, 08:37 PM

insert allen, and tell me how 2007,2008,2009,2010 or 2011's playing time have ANYTHING to do with this years?Dooling and Pietrus are UFAs, hoss.

Might want to brush up before you try to discredit someone else :)

Terry will get time at the 1/2, Allen at the 2/3, and Green at the 3/4.

Btw, Bradley is out until December with shoulder surgery.

G'night.

Gritz
if his mom takes off the wig she would look just like ray, so if they lose him, might as well sign the one who made him

YoungOne
thats in the air for atleast a week.

BigBongTheory
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Corey told the guy G'night.

Oh boy.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-06-2012, 08:41 PM

insert allen, and tell me how 2007,2008,2009,2010 or 2011's playing time have ANYTHING to do with this years?

Pietrus is an UFA and it's said that if Boston brings back Ray, then Pietrus will go elsewhere to get more playing time.

Bradley is Rondo's backup.

Dooling is also UFA.

So you basically have your same PG, SG, and SG with Rajon, Ray and Paul and now you have a backup to Rajon in Avery and back up to Ray in JET. And after the surgery to remove bone spurs, it'd be wise for JET and Ray to share minutes at the SG position during the season to be fresher in the playoffs.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
ahh i see i see.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Dooling and Pietrus are UFAs, hoss.

G'night.

wow.. u guys really take psd serious.

not trying to discredit ANYONE.

i was seriously curious about his playing time.
didnt know about the dooling and pietrus as FAs.

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Pietrus is an UFA and it's said that if Boston brings back Ray, then Pietrus will go elsewhere to get more playing time.

Dooling is also UFA.

So you basically have your same PG, SG, and SG with Rajon, Ray and Paul and now you have a backup to Rajon in Avery and back up to Ray in JET. And after the surgery to remove bone spurs, it'd be wise for JET and Ray to share minutes at the SG position during the season to be fresher in the playoffs.

Bradley took over ray allens starting job at the 2 last year... Even if ray allen came back to the celtics, in december when bradley is back he would be sure to take back his starting role.

TylerSL
07-06-2012, 08:48 PM
hmmmmm damnit.

I dont see this as he is 100% staying tho. Miami has presented their offer and plan to make him a huge part of the offense, although IMO this might make Boston the favorites to resign him. I'm really hoping we can pry him from the Celtics. :pray:

Corey
07-06-2012, 08:50 PM

Dooling is also UFA.

So you basically have your same PG, SG, and SG with Rajon, Ray and Paul and now you have a backup to Rajon in Avery and back up to Ray in JET. And after the surgery to remove bone spurs, it'd be wise for JET and Ray to share minutes at the SG position during the season to be fresher in the playoffs. All correct except for Bradley.

He would be the starting 2 if healthy.

PAOboston
07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Bradley took over ray allens starting job at the 2 last year... Even if ray allen came back to the celtics, in december when bradley is back he would be sure to take back his starting role.

bradley is coming off shoulder surgery in BOTH shoulders. i highly doubt the c's give him the starting gig back so quickly after the long layoff. they'll probably ease him in. either way, the c's were worn down and depleted last year b/c of all the injuries to their bench. you can bet that the bench this year (assuming healthy) should play some major mins to keep everyone fresh during an 82 game season.

jayjay33
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
This seems very desperate for a team that was trying to go rid of him not to long ago. To me this is Almost All about the C's not wanting him to go to the heat. When I heard Allen to the heat, that when it "seemed" like Boston started seeing things differently. Now I could be wrong but it does seem like a big change in their position. All I heard was no chance they bring Allen back, until he was about to hook up with the heat. An now they offering 6mil a year and a no trade clause?

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
If ray allen comes back he would be the backup 2 and terry would move to the back 1. But if ray allen goes to miami i imagine keyon dooling would return. Ray allen might be the only one holding up that decision

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 08:58 PM
This seems very desperate for a team that was trying to go rid of him not to long ago. To me this is Almost All about the C's not wanting him to go to the heat. When I heard Allen to the heat, that when it "seemed" like Boston started seeing things differently. Now I could be wrong but it does seem like a big change in their position. All I heard was no chance they bring Allen back, until he was about to hook up with the heat. An now they offering 6mil a year and a no trade clause?

Because if Ray allen came back it was be a definite that he would be coming off the bench for the celtics in a role that will have him play reduced minutes but probably result in him being most effective. But yes avoiding having him going to miami is also crucial but thats only because the celtics know he still has some legs left.

KB-Pau-DH2012
All correct except for Bradley.

Oh, that's how they're planning to use him?

I guess I looked at him as a backup 1 because he filled in when Rajon was hurt.

Corey
If ray allen comes back he would be the backup 2 and terry would move to the back 1. But if ray allen goes to miami i imagine keyon dooling would return. Ray allen might be the only one holding up that decisionWell Ray would be the opening night starter with Bradley injured.

Slug3
07-06-2012, 09:00 PM

G'night.

I am interested in who finished the game

Rondo
Jet
Allen
Pierce
KG

Allen and Pierce if they have to finish at the 3/4 could be eaten alive by bigger teams.

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Well Ray would be the opening night starter with Bradley injured.

Ya i was refering to when they have a healthy rotation but didn't state it so ya until december when he comes back your right.

greg_ory_2005
07-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I agree with Corey. :)

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 09:02 PM

Rondo
Jet
Allen
Pierce
KG

Allen and Pierce if they have to finish at the 3/4 could be eaten alive by bigger teams.

They would play bass if it were for defensive reasons. Can always call timeouts/subsitiute players out on a final possession if you have them.

DaVille
07-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I just realized Celtics will have 3 of top10 three point shooter of alltime. Ray Allen, Jason Terry, and Paul Pierce. 6,184 combined three pointers made.

Corey
07-06-2012, 09:07 PM

G'night.

Rondo
Jet
Allen
Pierce
KG

Might put Terry at the point because of Rondos FT issues.

Terry, Ray, Pierce, Green, KG for offense.

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I just realized Celtics will have 3 of top10 three point shooter of alltime. Ray Allen, Jason Terry, and Paul Pierce. 6,184 combined three pointers made.

Nice having a plethora of scorers for once, starters and bench players.

DaVille
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Nice having a plethora of scorers for once, starters and bench players.

The garden will be raining 33333333333333333333

colinskik
07-06-2012, 09:09 PM

I guess I looked at him as a backup 1 because he filled in when Rajon was hurt.
He played alongside Rondo when ALLEN was hurt.:confused:

Slug3
07-06-2012, 09:10 PM

How will Rondo feel about this? I think he would then say something especially if they lose a close one or something.

Corey
07-06-2012, 09:12 PM
All correct except for Bradley.

I guess I looked at him as a backup 1 because he filled in when Rajon was hurt.He started quite a few games at the 2 this past season. Celtics played better with a starting backcourt of him and Rondo.

YoungOne
07-06-2012, 09:13 PM

rondo wont sit on the bench.

Corey
07-06-2012, 09:14 PM

How will Rondo feel about this? I think he would then say something especially if they lose a close one or something. Dunno, that's just what I would do to to on last possessions to avoid teams from fouling him. I'm talking like last 40 seconds, not final two minutes or anything like that.

beasted86
07-06-2012, 09:15 PM

G'night.

I've never seen a player out for 6 months with a shoulder surgery. Are you sure about that?

But at the end of the day, simple math is all that is needed.

There are 48 minutes a piece at the PG, SG, and SF. It's pretty much a lock that Rondo gets 34+ minutes. It's also a lock that Pierce gets 30. So it's pretty easy to figure out somebody is not going to play a lot.

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 09:16 PM
I've never seen a player out for 6 months with a shoulder surgery. Are you sure about that?

Probably to be on the safe side but yes, its been reported that way.

DaVille
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
He started quite a few games at the 2 this past season. Celtics played better with a starting backcourt of him and Rondo.

Are you being sarcastic? Cause it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. Otherwise that statement is foolish. Celtics are nothing without Rondo. This current version of the Big3 are nothing without Rondo. Danny Ainge has been building the team around Rondo for few years now. Bringing in players who compliment him. This is Rondo's team.

Corey
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM

rondo wont sit on the bench.I didn't say that.

They currently use Rondo as the inbounder in last second situations to avoid him getting fouled.

Just saying I would not be surprised to see Terry in at pg in last possession scenarios to get as much offense as possible on the court if they need a bucket.

PAOboston
07-06-2012, 09:18 PM

he's having surgery on BOTH shoulders. his rehab kinda gets screwed up b/c you cant do much when you have 2 bum shoulders.

Bulls_fan90
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Who is this Ray Allen guy??

Corey
07-06-2012, 09:21 PM
He started quite a few games at the 2 this past season. Celtics played better with a starting backcourt of him and Rondo.

Are you being sarcastic? Cause it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. Otherwise that statement is foolish. Celtics are nothing without Rondo. This current version of the Big3 are nothing without Rondo. Danny Ainge has been building the team around Rondo for few years now. Bringing in players who compliment him. This is Rondo's team. might want to reread my post.

I said the Celtics were a better team with him (bradley) and Rondo in the starting lineup.

DaVille
07-06-2012, 09:22 PM
might want to reread my post.

I said the Celtics were a better team with him (bradley) and Rondo in the starting lineup.

As Manute Bol would say "My Bad"

Rip

iamsteel
07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Who is this Ray Allen guy??

That's what Jesus Shuttlesworth goes by now.

Corey
07-06-2012, 09:24 PM
All good bro.

Everyone knows I don't like Rondos personality, but I wouldn't say something THAT off base about him, lol.

YoungOne
07-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I didn't say that.

They currently use Rondo as the inbounder in last second situations to avoid him getting fouled.

Just saying I would not be surprised to see Terry in at pg in last possession scenarios to get as much offense as possible on the court if they need a bucket.

the strange thing is, that they never foul rondo late in games even if the should, like the game we won against the knicks in OT, where they were up 3 and just could have fouled to bring him to the line.

Corey
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
I didn't say that.

the strange thing is, that they never foul rondo late in games even if the should, like the game we won against the knicks in OT, where they were up 3 and just could have fouled to bring him to the line.Ya, the ball isn't in his hands most of the time though.

They run the offense through Pierce in most of those situations, and use Rondo as the inbounder off of dead balls. He's usually creeping off the foul line extended looking for a kickout or rebound after he inbounds.

Doc is crafty with end of game execution.

DaVille
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
All good bro.

Everyone knows I don't like Rondos personality, but I wouldn't say something THAT off base about him, lol.

Completely my fault. Rondo is definitely one of the weirdest people in the nba.

"I don't care if he's moody, or stubborn, but he's also a genius," Rivers shared. "You have to give him room, which I do." In fact, you could make the argument that this is Rondo's team now, as he continues to evolve in just about every aspect of his game. "You could not replace, especially with our team," Rivers explained. "We have a bunch of guys who are great shooters, great scorers, but they need a great point guard to play with them. "He grew as a teammate, as a leader. I believe that's part of the reason Kevin [Garnett] is coming back. It's almost like the LeBron [James]-Dwyane [Wade] thing where the older guys have to give into the younger guy."

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/doc-rivers-admits-rajon-rondo-can-be-moody-or-stubborn-but-also-says-point-guard-is-a-genius.html

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I dont know the inbound rules but, why dont teams just foul someone the second the ball is inbounded. Meaning anyone instead of the person with the ball if they are already in the penalty?

KnicksR4Real
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Doesn't matter because I can guarantee Miami isn't gonna trade him... Unless he wants to retire a Celtic.

beasted86
07-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Minute distribution:

PG: Rondo 34
SG: ?
SF: Pierce 32, Green 12

I'd say 12 minutes minimum for Green at SF, because Bass will start and Sullinger will not rot on bench without play time.

So (48 + 48 + 48) - (34 + 32 + 12) = 66 minutes to split between Terry, Bradley, and Allen if re-signed. 22 minutes a piece? 22 minutes sounds okay for Bradley, but not Terry and Allen. The lowest Terry has played in his entire career excluding his rookie season is exactly 30:00 a game. For Ray Allen, 34:00 which was last season. Both expect to take less minutes wherever they decided to go, but not that much less.

Beantownsboss
07-06-2012, 09:36 PM
I almost don't want him back. I'd rather let Bradley get max minutes, he's going to be really good. I know we have his bird rights, and it allows us to go over the cap for him, so that's the only reason why I'd take him back. And obviously to keep him out of Miami. I would love to see a sign and trade done, where we pick up a draft pick, and maybe a talented young gun.

NYMetros
07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Doesn't matter because I can guarantee Miami isn't gonna trade him...

We're talking about the Celtics here, not the Heat...

Slug3
07-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I didn't say that.

Ok let's forget the last minute or less of a game. What about 4 min or less? Rondo/jet/Allen/Pierce are all going to want to be on the floor. One is going to have to sit out. And Bradley is the best wing defender. What if he's needed to play D? Tough decisions for Doc if Allen resigns. Still tough if he does not resign.

Slug3
07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
I dont know the inbound rules but, why dont teams just foul someone the second the ball is inbounded. Meaning anyone instead of the person with the ball if they are already in the penalty?

Intentional fouls the last 2 min of the 4th are considered techs.

Edit

I mean by fouling someone intentional when they don't have the ball.

SportsFanatic10
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
its all moot now!!! welcome to south beach ray!

BoSox47
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Intentional fouls the last 2 min of the 4th are considered techs.

Edit

I mean by fouling someone intentional when they don't have the ball.

Thanks, always wondered that figured there was some sort of rule

silvTeg98
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Ray Allen to the Heat according to http://hoopshype.com/