PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Nash could be final piece for Howard; Lakers confident with his Bird Rights

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski has implied that the Lakers' recent acquisition of superstar PG Steve Nash could be the final piece needed to lure Dwight Howard to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers as part of a deal including Andrew Bynum going to Orlando.
Woj goes on to say that once the Lakers have Howard's Bird Rights, meaning that no one on the market can pay him more in the summer of 2013, there is no reason for Howard to ever leave. Going to L.A., Howard would get all sorts of maximums: money on his Adidas contract extension, a $100 million playing contract and adoration and adulation in Hollywood. The Nets are still working furiously to get Howard in a Brooklyn uniform for next year, but the Lakers breakdown is detailed more in the link below..

Avenged
07-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Just speculation.. "could be".

nyKnicks126
Do it.. please.. Lakers would be dominate and there would be two dominate teams in the NBA Lakers and the Heat.

ChiSox219
if he doesn't want to go the Lakers, someone needs to get him to a CT scan because he's ****ed in the head

Chill_Will_24
07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Thats just his opinion and this was written 2 days ago

waveycrockett
Nash got traded 2 days ago. Whats he waiting for???

BKdoubleStacker
championship

KingsPhillies
07-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't think we need Woj to imply anything for us all to come to the very same conclusion: The Lakers want Howard. At this point it's nothing more than speculation that anything is going to happen.

jayjay33
07-06-2012, 07:49 PM
That means nothing.....Howard is a dumb ***. Nowing him, he might end up in turkey.

DaVille
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Media again lobbying Dwight to the Lakers. Get a clue! He's just not into you LA. Dwight wants to team up with another young superstar. Brooklyn Nets is his desired destination.

AKAYaReal
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I think a lot of the not wanting to play in LA thing spawns from him not wanting even more Shaq comparisons. Going to the Nets gives him a fresh start in a franchise that Shaq didnt make a mark in.

I feel he cant handle the pressure of living up to his legacy.

nyKnicks126
07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Well then let Dwight go to the Bulls.. and by far the Bulls have a better package to offer the Magic.. With Deng and Noah being the two players that would probably get involved in a trade.

KingsPhillies
07-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I think a lot of the not wanting to play in LA thing spawns from him not wanting even more Shaq comparisons. Going to the Nets gives him a fresh start in a franchise that Shaq didnt make a mark in.

You know, I think that's a bigger factor than people realize...but at the end of the day, money talks. If L.A. is offering him the most lucrative contract, is it conceivable that he'll take a lesser deal to play in Brooklyn, outside of Shaq's shadow?

Gators123
07-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I wish he would just go to LA so all this BS can be over.

bholly
07-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Nash got traded 2 days ago. Whats he waiting for???

I keep seeing you say this as some sort of evidence he isn't going to LAL. You seem to be forgetting that all the Brooklyn stuff happened even longer ago - so if he was going to go to Brooklyn, what are they waiting for?

LA_Raiders
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm tired of all this ****... Get it done already!!!

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
PSD has essentially broken down to this on Howard threads:

LA fans have become friends with Magic fans because they want a Bynum for Howard swap.

Nets fans are trying to (besides the few idiots) rationalize why Lopez, Marshon, picks, and cap relief can be beneficial for Orlando but everyone hates Brook Lopez so the conversation goes nowhere.

And If you're not a Lakers, Magic, or Nets fan you want him away from your conference.

Get ready for about 11-15 pages of that from this thread.

Robbw241
07-06-2012, 08:02 PM

LA fans have become friends with Magic fans because they want a Bynum for Howard swap.

Nets fans are trying to (besides the few idiots) rationalize why Lopez, Marshon, picks, and cap relief can be beneficial for Orlando but everyone hates Brook Lopez so the conversation goes nowhere.

And If you're not a Lakers, Magic, or Nets fan you want him away from your conference.

this sounds about righ

RC3
07-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Not scared of dwight howard, tyson chandler will neutralize him :hide: .

oak2455
07-06-2012, 08:13 PM
championship

Your sig is championship !!!

Rivera
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Shaq 2.0

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Howard for his career has actually done well against Tyson.

In 20 games he averaged 15.6 points , 13.2 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, with 57.3 FG percentage.

Not too far off his 20.6 points, 14.5 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, and 57.3% FG average per game last year.

ACanadian
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM

They would both neutralize each other on the defensive end

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Get Dwight.

Bigbadmoffo
07-06-2012, 08:18 PM
That means nothing.....Howard is a dumb ***. Nowing him, he might end up in turkey.

Howard is dumb but you can't spell?

s3antana5757
07-06-2012, 08:18 PM

I feel he cant handle the pressure of living up to his legacy.

Shaq came here and no one compares him to Kareem. Shaq signed as a FA, while we would be trading for Howard. They're really two totally different players.

knicksfan42
07-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Howard for his career has actually done well against Tyson.

In 20 games he averaged 15.6 points , 13.2 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, with 57.3 FG percentage.

Not too far off his 20.6 points, 14.5 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, and 57.3% FG average per game last year.

He was probably talking about this year.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-06-2012, 08:26 PM
He was probably talking about this year.

And thats how I took it..... Dwight wont have much of a problem with Tyson, and his numbers have proved so thus far.

#1chickhearnfan
07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
So Dwight doesn't want to be a laker, he calls himself superman, he puts on a cape pretending to be superman, yet putting on a jersey with the LAKERS! logo on his chest is to heavy for him. Its O.K. you coudn't carry it anyway.

ohreally
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I keep seeing you say this as some sort of evidence he isn't going to LAL. You seem to be forgetting that all the Brooklyn stuff happened even longer ago - so if he was going to go to Brooklyn, what are they waiting for?

The 11th. Until proven otherwise, I think the Nets is a done deal. And why the hell would the Magic finally rid themselves of a headache to just take on another one who isn't on the same level all told? The Nets' package is a whole lot better for the Magic in the long term, and maybe even short term.

oballerc75
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM

Real talk

AKAYaReal
07-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Shaq came here and no one compares him to Kareem. Shaq signed as a FA, while we would be trading for Howard. They're really two totally different players.

They both started their careers in Orlando, they both refer to themselves as Superman. They compare him to Shaq a lot these days. We know Howard to be a bit sensitive at times and I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure of being as good if not better then Shaq weights on his mind a lot.

s3antana5757
07-06-2012, 09:59 PM
They both started their careers in Orlando, they both refer to themselves as Superman. They compare him to Shaq a lot these days. We know Howard to be a bit sensitive at times and I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure of being as good if not better then Shaq weights on his mind a lot.

And that's really wear it ends. Started in Orlando, and Superman. Yes he gets compared to Shaq because he's been the best center since Shaq. Shaq was a dominate offensive player and Dwight is a dominant defensive player. They aren't wildly similar. Now if Dwight goes to LA and wins a ring with Kobe, they've got more in common.

The goods
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM

The media has changed a lot since then even I know the media will compare him to shaq maybe until he starts winning championships and building his own legacy and maybe he thinks that'll be easier to do if he doesn't go to LA.

AKAYaReal
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
And that's really wear it ends. Started in Orlando, and Superman. Yes he gets compared to Shaq because he's been the best center since Shaq. Shaq was a dominate offensive player and Dwight is a dominant defensive player. They aren't wildly similar. Now if Dwight goes to LA and wins a ring with Kobe, they've got more in common.

You seem to be missing the point, this is what the media hypes up and tries to make a big story and best believe if Howard goes to LA they will ride that all season long.

Im not saying that they are similar pass those reasons, im saying the media pushes these comparisons to sell papers and to get fans to watch their special segments on it.

Fast forward to Stuart Scott having a 5min segment sitting down talking to Howard about playing in LA and living up to the dominance that Shaq had when he played there with Kobe.

Howard kind of folds under media pressure, which I think is a big reason he opted in to get back on the medias good side.

Tanakid777
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
championship

your sig :laugh2:

Beantownsboss
07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Who knows with Diva Howard. One day he will want to play there, and the next day he wont.

THE MTL
07-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Howard doesnt want LA because I dont think he wants to play with Kobe. Plus, he wants to be the man and in that system he is more of a 3rd option. The ball is going to be in either Nash or kobe's hands 24/7

jtrinaldi
07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
DWIGHT TO MILWAUKEE!!! I'n calling it !!!!!

broncosfan4eva
07-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Howard doesnt want LA because I dont think he wants to play with Kobe. Plus, he wants to be the man and in that system he is more of a 3rd option. The ball is going to be in either Nash or kobe's hands 24/7

yeah i see what your saying but wouldnt that be the same case as BK NETS?

smith&wesson
07-06-2012, 10:30 PM
i wonder if gasol would be part of the trade ? if he isnt then howard, gasol, kobe, nash is going to be disgusting. :drool:

Haeloine
07-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I wish he would just go to LA so all this BS can be over.

I just wish he would just be traded already.. so that we could all move on and try building with whatever we get post-dwight fiasco

MeLaPelan!
07-06-2012, 10:57 PM
championship

Bad *** sig!