PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy to T'Wolves

Badluck33
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Its all over twitter.

but wait...

https://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt

According to The Oregonian's @jwquick, Brandon Roy has picked the Wolves. Just filed a story quoting Roy's agent saying he hasn't decided...

jetsfan28
07-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Going to the team who didn't want him during the draft and traded him for Randy Foye for no particular reason, in a trade that still makes absolutely no sense (it was 6 for 7 straight up)? I don't get NBA players.

That being said, I doubt he'll be even close to his old self. Kind of wish he wouldn't come back, unless he's much healthier than I think he is.

shep33
Nice, hope his injuries won't keep him down. Big fan of Roy.

KB-Pau-DH2012
David Aldridge:
According to The Oregonian's @Jason Quick, Brandon Roy has picked the Wolves. Just filed a story quoting Roy's agent saying he hasn't decided... 1 minute ago

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
totally incredible

netsgiantsyanks
07-05-2012, 10:33 PM
6 years (and a **** load of injuries) late. but good for him.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
Best of luck to him!

bholly
Its all over twitter.

So why not post some sources, instead of being desperate to be the first to start a thread?

Jason Quick ‏@jwquick
Brandon Roy has come to a verbal agreement with Minnesota according to a person in Roy's family

Jason Quick ‏@jwquick
Don't know the details on Roy's agreement with the Timberwolves

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
Expect the Roy deal to be for two years. #Twolves were willing to go more than one. Also expect there to be protection in case his knees go.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
lol

Badluck33
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
So why not post some sources, instead of being desperate to be the first to start a thread?

cuz i knew you would cry about it and do it for me.

btw, I rarely ever start threads. So i dont really care....

AI4MVP
07-05-2012, 10:35 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hell yeah! Twolves are about to do big things this year

JNA17
The wolves are the last team I thought he would go to. That team gave him up in the draft like he was nothing for Randy Foye.

Either way, I knew he wouldn't be gone for long. Hope it all works out for him. He was such a beast and 3rd best SG behind Wade and Kobe.

Mr. Baller
Hope he does well, great player

milky
High hopes that he can bounce back.

bholly
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
If Roy deal is for >~$3M, Wolves would have to amnesty Manna From Heaven to give Batum his $11M/yr

That's Milicic, fwiw.

310Casper
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM

You sound like a woman, bro. Lol

Young2Kinsler
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Another Mavs target....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jmoney85
07-05-2012, 10:37 PM
good luck to him

aussie
07-05-2012, 10:37 PM
LOL the twolves...really Roy?

JNA17
07-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Another Mavs target....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If I were you, I wouldn't watch Mavs basketball for awhile, Mark Cuban pretty much screwed up big time and will be in rebuild mode for quite a while. The Cowboys however are a different story. :D

AI4MVP
07-05-2012, 10:38 PM

? Why wouldnt he want to be on one of the best young teams in the NBA?

WolvesJagsOs
07-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Yeah, no doubt. The thought of going to a team that is coached by Rick Adelman with a Rubio/Love/Pekovic core is terrible. Not to mention we have how much in cap to pick up a couple others guys. Terrible choice by Roy.

dsonLAL24
If true, I wish him the best.

justinnum1
they probably guaranteed him a bunch of minutes, the guy just wants to play.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 10:42 PM
hmm, thought we would be the last team he was interested inside the rumored top 5.

If he is even 70% old Roy, cool. Not expecting much however besides injuries.

AddiX
What makes all these people chasing Roy believe he's goiNg to last? My bet is the guy falls apart by 20-25 games if he's lucky.

Roy was one of my favorite players, but him coming out of no where like This and having so many teams interested just seems like a waste of everyones time.

Jint.
great fit.. I wish him well

WolvesJagsOs
they probably guaranteed him a bunch of minutes, the guy just wants to play.

That and we have a very good young team that has a chance to do things. We had the worst set of wings in the NBA last year I bet.

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Nice. It'll be fun to see him back playing.

AI4MVP
07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I love the moves both my teams are making this year. Even though Nash left the Suns for the enemy.

netsgiantsyanks

he might have felt some type of way about the wolves trading him almost immediately in the 06 draft, i guess not.

310Casper
Twolves were one on the most exciting teams to watch last season, now with Brandon Roy and Rubio coming back, wow! Can't wait for the season to start

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
good to hear. I hope there is some contractual protection on the Wolves part in case his knees go to crap.

aussie
07-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Brandon Roy has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to sources. Link coming.

LOL

WolvesJagsOs
07-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Sounds like there will be Hawkeye. Don't think we'd give him a 2 year deal without it, but who knows.

waveycrockett
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
If Roy's Knees dont turn to Spaghetti that could be one real good backcourt

Blink
07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Great pickup for Twolves. That team is starting to look pretty darn scary.

Just hope they don't over pay for Batum.

popo85
07-05-2012, 10:51 PM
If he can produce even half of what he once was its a solid move.

ombada
https://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt

According to The Oregonian's @jwquick, Brandon Roy has picked the Wolves. Just filed a story quoting Roy's agent saying he hasn't decided...

so he has picked? or what...? this isnt too clear.

*EDIT* nvm just saw aussies post.

bholly
If this dollar figure is true, Minny either has to amnesty Darko and renounce Tolliver, or offer Batum much less $

I'm guessing -- guessing -- that Sota told Batum they wouldn't give him offer unless they knew Blazers wouldn't match. Ergo, recent tactics.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 10:53 PM
2yr 10mil! lol

eibbor
07-05-2012, 10:55 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Reporting in real time, folks: impeccable source just texted of Brandon Roy, "It's minn". @jwquick had it first. Deal is 2 yrs, $10.4M.

jmoney85
07-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Wtf lol 10 million for a guy that supposely couldnt ever play again

naps
07-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Awesome news! It will be a pleasure to watch one of my fav players just step on the court. I am glad that he didn't pick a big market team. He shouldn't be the focal point of media. Minny is a good place for him. Hope all the best Roy, expecting to see you play again!

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 10:56 PM
wait, are some of you really laughing at the Wolves giving Brandon Roy $5 million a year for 2 years, with some contract stipulations on getting out of it if his knee doesn't work out?

Weezy
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
best of luck ROY!

naps
07-05-2012, 10:59 PM
WoW!! I love Roy as much as the next guy but $10 millions? I mean the guy probably could never step on the court again, you don't know how he's gonna be like when he gets back, and you offer him that much? I don't know what their plans are...

AddiX
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
wait, are some of you really laughing at the Wolves giving Brandon Roy $5 million a year for 2 years, with some contract stipulations on getting out of it if his knee doesn't work out?

We havnt heard anything about any stipulations, are those even allowed under the new cba?

Seriously, why are teams so amped up over Roy? It's only a matter of time before he's out again. I'm not understanding teams interest in Roy, especially for a multi-year deal.

shen
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Mid way into the year Roy will retire again. This is no dif then any other retired player who attempts a comeback. He has been working out and felt good but when games start adding up he wont be able to handle it.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 11:03 PM
We havnt heard anything about any stipulations, are those even allowed under the new cba?

Seriously, why are teams so amped up over Roy? It's only a matter of time before he's out again. I'm not understanding teams interest in Roy, especially for a multi-year deal.

well, any performance based or injury provisions have always been allowed, the monster majority of players don't tolerate them.

I am excited to a minimal degree. I think his knees are crap, and the only way he succeeds is limited minutes and rest, two things Adelman sucks at.

TeamSeattle
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Mid way into the year Roy will retire again. This is no dif then any other retired player who attempts a comeback. He has been working out and felt good but when games start adding up he wont be able to handle it.

I'm still baffled how he can even return to basketball after getting multiple confirmations that if he continued playing last year, he wouldn't be able to walk. I don't see him lasting very long but I do hope he does; he's from my state.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Good for wolves man there puttin a fun team to watch together!

Punk
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Hopefully returns to 70% of himself. Good move by Minny.

AddiX
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM
well, any performance based or injury provisions have always been allowed, the monster majority of players don't tolerate them.

I am excited to a minimal degree. I think his knees are crap, and the only way he succeeds is limited minutes and rest, two things Adelman sucks at.

What players Have had injury provisions?

I just can't support a multi year deal for Roy, it's clear to me no one else offered him anything close to a 10 mill, this comes off as desperate on the twolves part IMO.

I do wish the best for him though, he was really to watch.

Hype
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Loving it.
Roy + Buddinger + basically Rubio after missing 1/2 the season = some good additions

3ballbomber
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Didn't see this coming. Go get 'em Roy!

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
What players Have had injury provisions?

I just can't support a multi year deal for Roy, it's clear to me no one else offered him anything close to a 10 mill, this comes off as desperate on the twolves part IMO.

I do wish the best for him though, he was really to watch.

injury provisions can be put into any contract. They are just very, very uncommon. I believe Grant Hill had one.

Desperate is fine. We are that at this point, with a 71 year old owner, 66 year old coach, and a GM running out of time. That being said, we have the money and flexibility. Is Roy my favorite target? Absolutely not.

Hoping he can play 65 games at 20-27 mpg, and be cool for the playoffs if we make it. But the rational side of me says he is wasted money.

iamsteel
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Someone said he was getting some stem cell procedure to re-grow some cartilage in his knees.

WolvesJagsOs
07-05-2012, 11:27 PM

Not trying to be rude, but there's a reason why me and you as well as everyone on PSD is on a sports forum. Obviously teams saw something in Roy. I would imagine we would have some type of clause, even if we don't, I like this deal. There's much worse contracts i've seen already this offseason, i'll take a flier on Roy any day of the week.

WolvesJagsOs
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Someone said he was getting some stem cell procedure to re-grow some cartilage in his knees.

Yup, heard about that as well.

jrm2054
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
i hope he comes back decent at least maybe stem cells will get him to be able to be a ok player and play for a few years.
I think his injury is just so sad. He was one of the top Sg's in the league behind kobe when he was healthy

aLau10
07-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Really can't wait to see B.Roy back on the court, hopefully hes much healthier now and capable of running the game like how he used to!

Hype
07-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Dude, Brandon Roy is gonna be SICK!

Rubio
Roy
Williams
Love
Pek

Buddinger, Ridnour, Wes off the pine? Solid.

Murdah she wrote

Losoway
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
man if he comes back healthy ....WOAHHHH

wolves looking scary

WolvesJagsOs
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

Earliest Wolves can officially sign and introduce BRoy is 7/11, but could be later than that if they need other signings to fit BRoy as MLE

WolvesJagsOs
07-05-2012, 11:39 PM
You are here: Home / Anti-Aging / Brandon Roy Athletic Knee Injury Repair using Stem Cell Therapy
Brandon Roy Athletic Knee Injury Repair using Stem Cell Therapy

Imagine being one of the top athletes in your profession. You have every move, play, and defensive strategy mastered. But tragically, early in your stellar career you extend your knee beyond its threshold. Your ACL and Meniscus tear and you are left with one option surgery that will only allow you to walk again but never return to your sport. This was the case for Brandon Roy. In 2011 Roy had to retire from basketball because his knees were degenerating. However, stem cell therapy could help Brandon return to his knee and career to prosperity.
How may you ask? The answer is behind a variety of stem cells and progenitor cells sequestered deep in your bones. The most abundant source is in the iliac crest. Once a sample of bone marrow is removed it can be separated to obtain stem cells. These cells have the ability to restore and correct the knee damage.
Cells that are isolated from the bone marrow consist of Mesenchymal and Hematopoietic stem cells (MSC and HSC), Endothelial progenitor cells, and platelets. When these cells are introduced into the knee, they work together as a team to repair damaged areas. MSCs can directly turn into cartilage and bone, and repopulate the knee with healthy tissue. These regenerating cells are directed to the foci of the injury by signaling molecules found in the platelets. Endothelial progenitors can form new blood vessels from pre-existing blood vessels to extend the network of blood and perfuse new tissue with the circulating oxygen and nutrients necessary for survival.
After bone marrow derived stem cells are introduced into the knee: tendons and ligaments that were once frayed will slowly mend; damaged femoral head, tibia, and fibula that were once rough will become smooth; and synovial fluid or fatty tissue that cushions your knees increases in size. After six months the patient can expect increased performance in their knees.
Athletes should explore stem cell therapies as an alternative to invasive knee surgery. Extensive scientific research has demonstrated stem cells to be effective in bringing the knee to better health. Patients suffering from knee injuries such as arthritis, osteoporosis, and ACL injuries should consult a physician to see how stem cell therapies could better their symptoms. Stem cells therapy is the most promising avenue for true regeneration and is on the path to becoming the standard for knee repair.

http://metromd.net/brandon-roy-athletic-knee-injury-repair-using-stem-cell-therapy/

This makes me hopeful.

jayjay33
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
How much did he get?

Chronz
07-05-2012, 11:42 PM
That shores up their positions of need, and allows Buddinger to play the 3.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 11:45 PM
That shores up their positions of need, and allows Buddinger to play the 3.

worth it or not?

jrm2054
07-06-2012, 12:24 AM
http://metromd.net/brandon-roy-athletic-knee-injury-repair-using-stem-cell-therapy/

This makes me hopeful.

if he could return to his old form the wolves would be scary. Roy is one of my favorite players and i hope this works he was a monster and i would love to see him back to full or almost full B roy status.

Sidenote:stem cells are an amazing thing but i have never heard of them being used on knee repairs what the chances he gets back to full strength in a year or 2?

Chronz
07-06-2012, 12:36 AM
worth it or not?

Cant say anything when its a gamble. Its a worthwhile gamble to me but that could look like a moronic statement if he cant play.

JWO35
07-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Didn't know Roy got Steam Cell therapy treatment....he's about to ****ing dominate

Gritz
07-06-2012, 12:46 AM
2 years $10M

Did he workout for them, wth

IversonIsKrazy
07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
On the NBA article it stated that Bulls were runner-up but only offered $3.1m..... damn.
Anyways, great signing, $5m/yr for 2 yrs is solid, and if the injuries don't keep up, it'll be a steal! Minny looking like a nice playoff team.

Baller1
07-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Great, great pickup. I'm rooting for him.

Didn't see it being the Wolves grabbing him though.

Chucky Woods
07-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Hey, pretty low risk high reward deal.
When he was healthy he was a rising star.
A career shouldn't end this way.

RaiderKid318
07-06-2012, 01:17 AM
lol wish he went to PHX so they would get the hell out of the hornets *** about EJ

daWarriorz21
07-06-2012, 01:20 AM
wow i guess batum wanted to go with him

mrblisterdundee
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Can you imagine the horror if Minnesota starts with Brandon Roy, Nicolas Batum and Kevin Love? And why exactly would Roy go to Minnesota instead of Chicago?

b@llhog24
07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
if he could return to his old form the wolves would be scary. Roy is one of my favorite players and i hope this works he was a monster and i would love to see him back to full or almost full B roy status.

Sidenote:stem cells are an amazing thing but i have never heard of them being used on knee repairs what the chances he gets back to full strength in a year or 2?

I always wondered if stem cells were illegal in the Nba, but since it apparently is Roy is gonna wreck **** for the Wolves.

mrblisterdundee
07-06-2012, 01:34 AM

Make the playoffs, then pretend your team is one of the best.

SportsNY
07-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Nice to see him back in the NBA. He was one of my favorites.

Hopper15
07-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Didn't know Roy got Steam Cell therapy treatment....he's about to ****ing dominate

smh He's only prolonging the inevitable for a team that's an 8th seed at best.

WolvesJagsOs
07-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Make the playoffs, then pretend your team is one of the best.

He said one of the best YOUNG teams, that's a true statement. A core of Rubio/Love/Pek and a team that is working to get some more solid pieces around them is a pretty nice looking team to go too. Obviously Roy thinks so to.

celtics 34
07-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Always liked roy. Remember this team was close to making the playoffs before rubios knee got effed up. But is he going to start or come off the bench

Wolfman01
07-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Going to the team who didn't want him during the draft and traded him for Randy Foye for no particular reason, in a trade that still makes absolutely no sense (it was 6 for 7 straight up)? I don't get NBA players.

That being said, I doubt he'll be even close to his old self. Kind of wish he wouldn't come back, unless he's much healthier than I think he is.

It was a traded that I never really understand. 6th pick for 7th pick and the T-Wolves are not helping themselves but the Blazers to shed some contracts also for that trade.

Wolfman01
07-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Can you imagine the horror if Minnesota starts with Brandon Roy, Nicolas Batum and Kevin Love? And why exactly would Roy go to Minnesota instead of Chicago?

Bulls can only offer Roy $3.09 million next year due to Rose's big contract kicking in next year. Money is also a issue.

AP=MVP
07-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Always liked roy. Remember this team was close to making the playoffs before rubios knee got effed up. But is he going to start or come off the bench

Currently start I'm sure depends what else Khan/Adelman can do

jam
07-06-2012, 05:09 AM
I wish him the best and hope his knees hold up. There have actually been a number of players with very severe knee problems who played well into their 30's.

Kobe for example is playing with basically zero cartilage. Do a search on Jeff Hornacek and Bob Lanier. It's possible, but Roy's situation will require constant monitoring. Good luck, B!

BALKIS2K12
07-06-2012, 09:08 AM
lol why do you pple keep mentioning rubio the dude is hurt? lol he aint playing next year man.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
lol why do you pple keep mentioning rubio the dude is hurt? lol he aint playing next year man.

you are award his surgery was March 12, correct? He has been healing 4 months now. Timeline for ACL surgery is 6-9 months. There is no way Rubio misses the season. None. Will he be near 100% by the start of the season? Only if he is a very fast healer. My guess is by Christmas he is starting and playing 30 mpg, possibly 100% by March.

BALKIS2K12
07-06-2012, 09:52 AM
you are award his surgery was March 12, correct? He has been healing 4 months now. Timeline for ACL surgery is 6-9 months. There is no way Rubio misses the season. None. Will he be near 100% by the start of the season? Only if he is a very fast healer. My guess is by Christmas he is starting and playing 30 mpg, possibly 100% by March.

keep guessing i know for a FACT he wont play next year.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2012, 09:54 AM

I will stick with the doctors opinion dude, you can cling to your hope that Barea is featured as a lead guard.

thesparky33
07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
You wanna make it interesting, since you know for a fact?

king4day
07-06-2012, 10:00 AM

Didn't Rose and Shumpert tear their ACL's a couple months after Rubio? Both of them are expected to be back by January. There's no reason to think Rubio won't be able to return at all next year (if not sooner than those guys).

Ty Fast
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM
dont no y they gave him 5 mill but whatever. also gonna take playing time away from derrick williams.

Googilyotta21
07-06-2012, 12:08 PM
dont no y they gave him 5 mill but whatever. also gonna take playing time away from derrick williams.
Because D.Will is a SG....

CEasFiRe
07-06-2012, 12:20 PM
i hope he can stay healthy, great for him such a devastating career for a great player

RLundi
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Wolves look like a surefire playoff team next season. They were right there all year before Rubio went down. I think they can compete for a 7th or 8th seed.

tp13baby
07-06-2012, 02:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8134240/reports-former-portland-trail-blazer-brandon-roy-reaches-verbal-agreement-minnesota-timberwolves

I know its early, but wow. I love what Minnesota is doing. Batum possibly. I do believe they make the playoffs next year assuming everyone stays healthy and they get Batum.

justinnum1
07-06-2012, 02:15 PM
about a day late

king4day
07-06-2012, 02:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8134240/reports-former-portland-trail-blazer-brandon-roy-reaches-verbal-agreement-minnesota-timberwolves

I know its early, but wow. I love what Minnesota is doing. Batum possibly. I do believe they make the playoffs next year assuming everyone stays healthy and they get Batum.

Portland seemingly turned down a decent offer for Batum in a sign and trade so I don't think Minny could offer anyone short of Rubio or Love that will convince the Blazers to deal him.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Darren Wolfson: #Twolves source says the 2nd yr on Roy's contract is not guaranteed. He only gets the $ if he can play. More nuggets coming in a story soon. Twitter

good to hear as a Wolves fan.

AI4MVP
07-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Balkis, even JJ Barea would be completely ashamed and embarrassed to have you as a fan.

Do you even know what an ACL is? Hell, at this point, I am doubting you know where the human knee is located.