PDA

View Full Version : 5 top 10's? PSD ranking

Theschrems101
07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Will any team have all 5 positions filled with top 10 players after the PSD rankings? If not what teams will have 4 players in the Top 10?
The only team I can see with all positions in top 10 would be Bulls if RIP sneaks in 10th slot.

Cfrey
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
rubio
batum
budinger
love
pek

gbrl
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
lakers closest dont see any team though

GrumpyOldMan
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
nash
kobe
pau
bynum
only 4, but still impressive

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
OKC

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

All will be top ten.

nickdymez
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
OKC

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

All will be top ten.

lol, no

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 07:05 PM
lol, no
Name ten better than either of them.

ATX
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
OKC

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

All will be top ten.

No particular order, just 10 better Centers than Perkins.

D Howard
A Bynum
M Gasol
N Hillario
A Jefferson PF?
B Lopez
J Noah
A Alford
C Kaman
A Bogut

Edit: A Horford

Jint.
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Nets

koetravis
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
OKC

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

All will be top ten.

Agreed.

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 07:09 PM

D Howard
A Bynum
M Gasol
N Hillario
A Jefferson
B Lopez
J Noah
A Alford
C Kaman
A Bogut
I think Perkins would go ahead of these guys in voting on PSD.

ATX
07-05-2012, 07:10 PM
D Cousins
T Chandler

ATX
07-05-2012, 07:11 PM
There are certainly 10 better Centers than Perkins, no doubt.

Lakers + Giants
OKC, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Clippers and Nets all have a legit shot.

nicegoing
Yeah I guess you're right.

tredigs
07-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Will any team have all 5 positions filled with top 10 players after the PSD rankings? If not what teams will have 4 players in the Top 10?
The only team I can see with all positions in top 10 would be Bulls if RIP sneaks in 10th slot.

Rip aint sniffing 10th.

Thunder.

PG Westbrook (2nd)

SG Harden (4th?)

SF Durant (2nd)

PF Ibaka (9th?)

C Perkins (he blows it, probably closer to 20th)

But they're closest.

tredigs
07-05-2012, 07:24 PM
I think Perkins would go ahead of these guys in voting on PSD.

You think people vote Perkins in over BOGUT? No wayy man. Bogut's a double double center who is top 3 defensively and a monster shot blocker.

Perkins is not good. At all. Dude averages 5 and 6 with 1 block and spends most of his time defensively getting shook. He's lost all lateral movement.

Bogut's injuries hurt his case for top 3 like he was prior (2nd for a couple years), but he'll definitely go top 10 as he should

But yeah, Lakers also have 4. So OKC, LA and possibly the Bulls. Is Boozer still top ten? I'd have to think about that. I'd rather have Ibaka than Boozer.

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
You think people vote Perkins in over BOGUT? No wayy man. Bogut's a double double center who is top 3 defensively and a monster shot blocker.

Perkins is not good. At all. Dude averages 5 and 6 with 1 block and spends most of his time defensively getting shook. He's lost all lateral movement.

Bogut's injuries hurt his case for top 3 like was prior (2nd for a couple years), but he'll definitely go top 10 as he should.

Yeah I know he's good but I think injuries hurt his reputation a bit. Perkins isn't good but I can see him getting votes. Not like the PG poll has been perfect, right?

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Rip aint sniffing 10th.

Thunder.

PG Westbrook (2nd)

SG Harden (4th?)

SF Durant (2nd)

PF Ibaka (9th?)

But they're closest.

Not so sure about Ibaka...

No particular order but I would feel like some people wouldn't consider him top 10.

Dirk
Kevin Love
LAldridge
Pau Gasol
Duncan
Garnett
Josh Smith
Blake Griffin
Chris Bosh
Millsap/West/Randolph/Ibaka

Still pretty close though.

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Rip aint sniffing 10th.

Thunder.

PG Westbrook (2nd)

SG Harden (4th?)

SF Durant (2nd)

PF Ibaka (9th?)

But they're closest.

Lakers:

PG: Nash (8th)
SG: Kobe (2nd)
SF: Artest (same as perkins)
PF: Gasol (5th)
C: Bynum (2nd)

ATX
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I forgot R Hibbert too.

ManRam
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
OKC

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

All will be top ten.

Ibaka MAYBE.

Perk no way.

10 better?

PF: Love, Griffin, Aldridge, Millsap, Dirk, Cousins, KG, Bosh for sure...Anderson, Smoove, Cousins, Boozer, Ilyasova maybe. I think he'll receive votes at 10th place...not sure he'll win.

C: Howard, Bynum, Jefferson, Duncan, Monroe, Hibbert, Pek, Noah, Gortat, Chandler, Nene, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez...and a lot more probably. Perk probably isn't top 20 any more. His stock has taken a huge hit, and a lot of it rightfully so. The THunder were better off with him on the bench in the playoff than on the court...

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
ManRam please tell me you forgot Gasol :laugh2:

tredigs
07-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Guys I'd personally take over Boozer:

Love, Dirk, L.A., Pau, Bosh, Blake G., Garnett, Josh Smith, Z-Bo, David Lee, Stoudemire, Ibaka. Then there's Millsap, Scola, Tim Duncan (I'd still take Timmy actually), David West etc that all have arguments.

So that's 12 I'd definitely go with and then a handful more arguables.

ManRam
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
ManRam please tell me you forgot Gasol :laugh2:

Yes. That was obviously just a mistake. I was going off the top of my head. Gasol is still a top 5 PF IMO...

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes. That was obviously just a mistake. I was going off the top of my head. Gasol is still a top 5 PF IMO...

Agreed.

Here's my PF list

1 Love (obviously)
2 Dirk
3 LA
4 Blake
5 Gasol

tredigs
07-05-2012, 07:48 PM
How high was David Lee on the PF lists when he played for New York?

aLau10
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM

D Howard
A Bynum
M Gasol
N Hillario
A Jefferson PF?
B Lopez
J Noah
A Alford
C Kaman
A Bogut

Questionable......
Wheres the BIG FUNDAMENTALS? Tyson Chandler? Greg Monroe? Demarcus Cousins? Roy Hibbert? Like really? your gonna leave out all those guys?

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
How high was David Lee on the PF lists when he played for New York?

Haha maybe top 5 with the numbers he was posting there.

What's your take on your warriors this year. Seems to me like it's gonna be exciting year this upcoming season.

cjbulls3
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Kendrick Perkins is definitely not a top 10 center he averaged 5 ppg and 6.6 rebounds this season which isnt better than Kaman Lopez and bogut's stats

tredigs
07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Haha maybe top 5 with the numbers he was posting there.

What's your take on your warriors this year. Seems to me like it's gonna be exciting year this upcoming season.

It's only the 2nd time I've ever been excited about the Warriors potential. I loved their draft (Draymond Green in the 2nd round? A consensus first team All American who's one of the best passing/shooting/rebounding bigs in the country at 35? Sure!), I loved the deal last season to dish Monta and get Bogut. I liked that they sat Curry rather than push it. Next year we're looking at:

PG: Curry

SG: Klay Thompson

SF: Harrison Barns

PF: David Lee

C: Bogut

Bench: Draymond, Richard Jefferson, etc.

Great for them to finally get size and a legitimate rebounder/shot-blocker in the post. We have never had that, and it changes everything. Couple that with the fact that it may actually be the best compilation of shooters in NBA history and I think we're finally going to make a lot of noise. All about staying on the court, now. And they need a solid backup PF. Hopefully our pick Ezeli can fill Udoh's role.

But yeah, I like them. Might even get season tickets.

And yeah, D. Lee was probably 4 or 5 when he played in New York. Still putting up around 20/10/3 over here. He looked awesome finishing off the season.

IAmARanger18
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Bulls

Rose
Allen(when he signs lol)
Deng
Boozer
Noah

tredigs
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Bulls

Rose
Allen(when he signs lol)
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Bulls have a few interesting ones.

I don't really think Boozer is top ten, and Noah is borderline. He might go as high as 8th. Deng'll go 6th to 8th .

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2012, 10:07 PM
It's only the 2nd time I've ever been excited about the Warriors potential. I loved their draft (Draymond Green in the 2nd round? A consensus first team All American who's one of the best passing/shooting/rebounding bigs in the country at 35? Sure!), I loved the deal last season to dish Monta and get Bogut. I liked that they sat Curry rather than push it. Next year we're looking at:

PG: Curry

SG: Klay Thompson

SF: Harrison Barns

PF: David Lee

C: Bogut

Bench: Draymond, Richard Jefferson, etc.

Great for them to finally get size and a legitimate rebounder/shot-blocker in the post. We have never had that, and it changes everything. Couple that with the fact that it may actually be the best compilation of shooters in NBA history and I think we're finally going to make a lot of noise. All about staying on the court, now. And they need a solid backup PF. Hopefully our pick Ezeli can fill Udoh's role.

But yeah, I like them. Might even get season tickets.

And yeah, D. Lee was probably 4 or 5 when he played in New York. Still putting up around 20/10/3 over here. He looked awesome finishing off the season.

It's good for bay area fans. Looks like tanking last year payed off. It definitely is going to be exciting to watch Klay and Curry shoot lights out, along with having a great passing front court in Lee and Bogut.

I'm ready to see how good you guys can be. I think Warriors already have 6th seed potential this year. I got a few friends in the bay area that are excited about the Dubs so I knew you would be as well.

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Questionable......
Wheres the BIG FUNDAMENTALS? Tyson Chandler? Greg Monroe? Demarcus Cousins? Roy Hibbert? Like really? your gonna leave out all those guys?

even a further diss to Perkins LOL

mrblisterdundee
07-05-2012, 10:20 PM
How about the Thunder? Can you name 10 centers who are better than Kendrick Perkins?

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-05-2012, 10:23 PM
How about the Thunder? Can you name 10 centers who are better than Kendrick Perkins?

Please look at the previous page...everyone has already done that.

mrblisterdundee
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM

D Howard
A Bynum
M Gasol
N Hillario
A Jefferson PF?
B Lopez
J Noah
A Horford
C Kaman
A Bogut

Listing Pau Gasol as a center doesn't help your argument - he plays power forward. Neither does assuming that Chris Kaman is better than Perkins because New Orleans was shopping him.